PDA

View Full Version : collusion between KC and the Patriots?

WARHORSE
03-02-2009, 02:09 PM
The talking heads are starting to swirl the thoughts that KC and the Patriots are threatening the integrity of the game.

Vrabel and Cassell for a second rounder?

Sounds like someone is getting paid under the table...........I thought John Gotti died?

Devilspawn
03-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Dishonest franchises don't deserve a place in the NFL. :tsk:

EDIT: Dishonest franchise east of the Rocky Mountains don't deserve a place in the NFL.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 02:45 PM
...and here we go.

shank
03-02-2009, 02:47 PM
people are over-valuing cassel because of the franchise tag, but the tag was purely a way to hold onto him to work out a trade, they were never going to pay that. a 2nd seems cheap, but it's not, especially to the team who knows that cassel's success was mainly because of the system and vrabel is washed up.

frauschieze
03-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Dishonest franchises don't deserve a place in the NFL. :tsk:

EDIT: Dishonest franchise east of the Rocky Mountains don't deserve a place in the NFL.

Saluted for the edit reason. :salute:

:laugh:

broncofaninfla
03-02-2009, 02:58 PM
I guess we can thank KC for pulling the trigger before Mcidiot traded away our franchise QB otherwise we would have gave away Cutler for Cassel. Reagardless Mcidiot sent this orginization into a turmoil the second he entertained trade offers for Cutler.

KCL
03-02-2009, 03:27 PM
The talking heads are starting to swirl the thoughts that KC and the Patriots are threatening the integrity of the game.

Vrabel and Cassell for a second rounder?

Sounds like someone is getting paid under the table...........I thought John Gotti died?

Was this trade not within the NFL guidelines?

omac
03-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I'll thank Bellichick. Not saying Cassel won't be good, because he probably will, but a straight trade of Cutler for Cassel, when Cutler's perceived value to a team is so much greater right now? That would've been really stupid, when the Broncos could've gotten so much more.

bcbronc
03-02-2009, 04:01 PM
the deal wasn't Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd. it was Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd and $18m in cap space.

claymore
03-02-2009, 04:12 PM
To be honest I dont really know who got screwed in this deal. But I know someone did, and I dont think it was the Patriots.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
To be honest I dont really know who got screwed in this deal. But I know someone did, and I dont think it was the Patriots.

Belichick is a freakin' genius. Not only has he managed to trade away a large, expiring contract and a franchise contract and get a second-round pick, he also managed to completely undermine Josh McDaniels by screwing with his quarterback.

It's freakin' brilliant.

KCL
03-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Belichick is a freakin' genius. Not only has he managed to trade away a large, expiring contract and a franchise contract and get a second-round pick, he also managed to completely undermine Josh McDaniels by screwing with his quarterback.

It's freakin' brilliant.

LMAO at the this.

dogfish
03-02-2009, 05:05 PM

all i know is, it wasn't lonie paxton-- that freakin' SOB made out like a bandit!

UberBroncoMan
03-02-2009, 05:07 PM
It seriously wouldn't surprise me. Everything that comes out of New England seems to be rotten. Oh well, at least we didn't give up 7 spots in the first round and trade Cutler for the older and inferior Cassel. Give me a choice between Brett Favre and Chad Pennington... gona go with Brett.

underrated29
03-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I hate the patriots.

I really hate Billy.

And now i am starting to hate McD.

jrelway
03-02-2009, 05:32 PM
whatever the case is, i gotta admit, the pats and bellechek have their shit together.

WARHORSE
03-02-2009, 05:42 PM
the deal wasn't Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd. it was Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd and $18m in cap space.

You get the space NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRADE FOR........DOH!

How much cap space would they have cleared for a first rounder for both these guys?

GRRRR!.

WARHORSE
03-02-2009, 05:43 PM
whatever the case is, i gotta admit, the pats and bellechek have their shit together.

Correction: BELiCHEAT.

WARHORSE
03-02-2009, 05:45 PM

It's freakin' brilliant.

yeah.......brilliant.:yawn:

Nick
03-02-2009, 06:03 PM
The draft pick is a high 2nd rounder. I think it was a fair deal on both sides on the Cassel trade...

oobehr
03-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Under the table trading in the nfl serves no purpose. New England makes so much money, no under the table offer would matter really. If KC gives them 10 million dollars and a second for Cassel, that 10 million dollars can't be used if they are at the cap. The only reason anyone trades in the NFL is to remove cap space, get more than they think a player is worth, get rid of a carcinogen( like T.O.), or to get quality players before going through drafts.

bcbronc
03-02-2009, 06:45 PM
You get the space NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRADE FOR........DOH!

How much cap space would they have cleared for a first rounder for both these guys?

GRRRR!.

so what first rounder did they turn down?

oh yeah right, ours. :rolleyes:

JKcatch724
03-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Cassel will suck in KC. I guarantee it.