PDA

View Full Version : ESPN - Broncos FA signings

Flatinum
03-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Len gives them a thumbs up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3945305

Drill-N-Fill
03-02-2009, 03:18 PM
NFL.com also: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f041dd

claymore
03-02-2009, 03:35 PM
That list does look alright, I take back what I said about bringing in free agents. Hopefully Im right about Cutler not being a bitch.

BigDaddyBronco
03-02-2009, 03:36 PM
That list does look alright, I take back what I said about bringing in free agents. Hopefully Im right about Cutler not being a bitch.
Wow, I'm glad you're not drunk. It could have been really bad if this went down while you were drinking. :D

shank
03-02-2009, 03:41 PM
and even addressed its special-teams needs, adding deep-snapper Lonie Paxton

**** ****??!?!?!?!?!

claymore
03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
**** ****??!?!?!?!?!

That one is a head scratcher for sure.

Mike
03-02-2009, 03:46 PM
If E!SPN says something is good I start having doubts.

Dortoh
03-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I love the moves so far. The one exception is the good old boy signing of Lonie whats-his-face

Dline is still a concern but short of blowing the bank what options are really out there as far as FA's?

Just the fact that Slowick is gone and Engleburger is no longer a starting DE should improve the pass rush.

Cutler is a bitch but for now he is our bitch

shank
03-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I love the moves so far. The one exception is the good old boy signing of Lonie whats-his-face

Dline is still a concern but short of blowing the bank what options are really out there as far as FA's?

Just the fact that Slowick is gone and Engleburger is no longer a starting DE should improve the pass rush.

Cutler is a bitch but for now he is our bitch

i hate lonie. hate.

the other signings are ok.. but there were talented younger defenders out there that probably could have been had for similar costs (have mcfadden or greer signed anywhere yet?) (also we should have gone with james sanders over renaldo hill--he's pedestrian from everything i have heard).

we should have at least pretended to be interested in canty, we haven't pursued anyone at NT... we need several NT and at the very least, one DE. we gonna get all those in the draft? merf.

bcbronc
03-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Len gives them a thumbs up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3945305

the article says we've signed Andra Davis. is this official?

Dortoh
03-02-2009, 04:30 PM
the article says we've signed Andra Davis. is this official?

yes

bcbronc
03-02-2009, 04:31 PM
yes

damn. :tsk:

Dortoh
03-02-2009, 04:52 PM
damn. :tsk:

Really? I like it. Another solid vet at a decent price.

You have to remember we have alot of holes to fill on the d side of the ball. The more of those holes that get filled with "solid" vets the more it opens up what we can do on draft day.

bcbronc
03-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Really? I like it. Another solid vet at a decent price.

You have to remember we have alot of holes to fill on the d side of the ball. The more of those holes that get filled with "solid" vets the more it opens up what we can do on draft day.

I see it as we have one "solid" vet in DJ -- albeit without any experience in a 34. I'd like to see some additions that are actually long term in scope is all.

I guess this means we won't be taking Rey Rey at 12. Looking at the signings so far (and assuming Raji is long gone) it's looking like best available OLB or CB at this point. or qb I guess.

Italianmobstr7
03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't think these signings will have much affect on the draft... I think that at worst, a guy like Andra Davis is depth. He's a good, consistent player, and he knows the 3-4. Could have signed a lot worse. I like the FA pick ups so far. Would be sweet to get Ward. Not too pumped on the Cutler/Marshall stuff, but I think everything will turn out ok in the end.

roomemp
03-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I love who we have signed so far. No one should be suprised at the type of players we are going after.