rogers has more sb rings than tebow:lol:

catfish
01-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Tebow fans are real idiots sometimes.

he was 5.73 YPA with 1 int and a lost fumble....he shit the bed

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 09:27 PM
rogers has more sb rings than tebow:lol:

Jared Lorenzon has as many SB rings as Aaron Rodgers.

Nomad
01-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Jared Lorenzon has as many SB rings as Aaron Rodgers.

I didn't know he was still in the NFL. Is he still heavy?

MOtorboat
01-15-2012, 09:29 PM

He's also 100 times the quarterback Tebow is.

Downright stupid to even remotely compare the two.

iLands
01-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Tebow fans are real idiots sometimes.

Rodgers is 30x better than Tebow.

Pretty sure I'd take thirty Tebow over a single Rodgers any day.

:cool:

EDIT: Maybe we could get a few of them to block.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I didn't know he was still in the NFL. Is he still heavy?

No sir.

And yes. If he ever losses weight you'll see him on a commercial for however he did it.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 09:33 PM
:laugh:

I see the humor but a lot of people will take this as a serious comparison.

MOtorboat
01-15-2012, 09:35 PM

EDIT: Maybe we could get a few of them to block.

Well, that's one hell of a delusional argument...

topscribe
01-15-2012, 09:35 PM
I see the humor but a lot of people will take this as a serious comparison.

I would hope not . . . *duh*

bcbronc
01-15-2012, 09:38 PM
damn offseason has already been too long.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM
I would hope not . . . *duh*

People are already butthurt and are defending Rodgers.

iLands
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Well, that's one hell of a delusional argument...

Your claim?

Yes.

My satirical lampoon of your position made you appear to be quite the dunce.

You're :welcome:

Dzone
01-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I heaRD A new word in the Lexicon today. "Tebowesque" was how one reporter described Rogers performance today.
So from now on, when a QB has a miserably bad day, it can be called "Tebowesque".
Dang that sucks

MOtorboat
01-15-2012, 09:44 PM
I heaRD A new word in the Lexicon today. "Tebowesque" was how one reporter described Rogers performance today.
So from now on, when a QB has a miserably bad day, it can be called "Tebowesque".
Dang that sucks

Tebowing is the act of not completing half of the passes you throw.

UnderArmour
01-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Rodgers is 30x better than Tebow.

Uh, it's a little early to give Tebow that much credit.

Joel
01-16-2012, 02:09 AM
I told him complaining about drops and pressure is just a transparently pathetic excuse for homers in denial about how awful their favorite QBs is. Thanks for the education, Broncos Forums! :D

Speaking of which: He broke my jaw; I'm sending you people my medical bills. :tongue:

DenBronx
01-16-2012, 02:19 AM
Rogers is one of the best in the game right now....Tebow simply doesnt compare.

But....I think Tebow would have won even more games if he had a loaded offense like the Packers have.

However, I've said it a gazillion times....defense wins championships. Even when you have a deadly offense you must still have a defense that can stop teams. Proof is Green Bay was much better on defense last year....they might have been better on offense this year but was horrible in the secondary at times.

Put Tebow on the Giants and of course he has a shot to beat anyone....pair him up with the 49ers or Ravens and of course he will look much better.

This team over achieved because they started believing after a sorry 1-4 start. You don't trade away Llyod and hope your young QB can do it without an explosive playmaker.

What really pisses me off are the Tebow fan boys....what makes me want to punch babies is long time Broncos fans that bash Tebow when he actually made this team alot better. The reality is some of you just like to create a stir.

And yes yes yes yes yes Tim can win a SuperBowl with the Broncos if we actually build around him.

bcbronc
01-16-2012, 02:36 AM
I told him complaining about drops and pressure is just a transparently pathetic excuse for homers in denial about how awful their favorite QBs is. Thanks for the education, Broncos Forums! :D

Speaking of which: He broke my jaw; I'm sending you people my medical bills. :tongue:

come on Joel, if Tebow had played the exact game Rodgers did, it would have been the best game of Tebow's life by 20 miles.

There were some drops, but Rodgers flat out missed some throws too. He still made a lot of very very good throws of the type that Tebow might make one every few games at this point.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Funny what a pass a SB ring gives you. You have a crappy day as Tebow and you are a shitty QB who doesn't belong in the NFL. You have a crappy day in the NFL as Rodgers and you are still a superstar who's above reproach.

I'm not trying to dispute who the better QB is, I just find it funny how far a SB ring will go to qualifying a disasterous performance.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 02:39 AM
come on Joel, if Tebow had played the exact game Rodgers did, it would have been the best game of Tebow's life by 20 miles.

There were some drops, but Rodgers flat out missed some throws too. He still made a lot of very very good throws of the type that Tebow might make one every few games at this point.

Tebows 1st playoff game this season was 20 miles better than Rodgers'. Highest QBR ever in a playoff game and several other broken records.

Not sure I get this post.

bcbronc
01-16-2012, 02:56 AM
Tebows 1st playoff game this season was 20 miles better than Rodgers'. Highest QBR ever in a playoff game and several other broken records.

Really? It's not that difficult.

Even though Rodgers made a handful of bad throws vs NYG, he still made multiple throws that showed he's an elite QB. Against PIT, as good as Tebow played, he basically threw punts to one on one coverage or WRs that had badly beaten their man. When he needed to complete more traditional passes into tighter windows, like the 3rd down crossing pattern Tebow bounced to DT late in the 4th, he came up short.

Even though Tebow made a handful of great throws vs Pitt, he still made multiple throws that showed just how far he has to go to be a QB that can make his team a perennial contender. Agaiinst NYG, Rodgers had a poor game over all, but earlier in the season he played the position as well as it's ever been played. Yup, that gets him the benefit of the doubt over one game.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 03:03 AM

Even though Rodgers made a handful of bad throws vs NYG, he still made multiple throws that showed he's an elite QB. Against PIT, as good as Tebow played, he basically threw punts to one on one coverage or WRs that had badly beaten their man. When he needed to complete more traditional passes into tighter windows, like the 3rd down crossing pattern Tebow bounced to DT late in the 4th, he came up short.

Even though Tebow made a handful of great throws vs Pitt, he still made multiple throws that showed just how far he has to go to be a QB that can make his team a perennial contender. Agaiinst NYG, Rodgers had a poor game over all, but earlier in the season he played the position as well as it's ever been played. Yup, that gets him the benefit of the doubt over one game.

I still don't understand your initial comment that if Tebow had peformed like Rogers that it would have been his best game by 20 miles. Despite all of your qualifications and deflections, the results, records and stats just can't really be ignored. You comment just doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm not saying that Tebow doesn't have a long way to go, nor am I saying that Rogers didn't make a few good throws in that game. But if you compare their performances side by side, the comment is baseless.

If Tebow threw 'punts', those were the most pin-point accurate punts in the history of the NFL. Despite how little credit you'd like to give him, he's the only 300+ yard passer against the Steelers the entire year. Rodgers past peformances have no bearing on whether or not this particular peformance is 20 miles better than Tebows best.

It sounds to me like you are discounting Tebow's peformance because recievers got open, but I've watched Rogers all season long throw to very open recievers. I don't see how that somehow negates it. Should he have chosen more difficult targets and ignored guys who got open?

topscribe
01-16-2012, 03:08 AM

It was immediately followed by a 52.7 QBR in the second playoff game, while
Rodgers' "poor" game fell to 78.5, which is pretty close to the league average
(so his worst game is equivalent to the league average), which brought his
overall QBR for the season clear down to 122.5.

Maybe that's what he's getting at . . .

bcbronc
01-16-2012, 03:13 AM
I still don't understand your initial comment that if Tebow had peformed like Rogers that it would have been his best game by 20 miles. Despite all of your qualifications and deflections, the results, records and stats just can't really be ignored. You comment just doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm just talking about the way Rodgers threw the ball. If Tebow had the exact same game throwing the ball that Rodgers did vs NYG, it would be the best day of throwing in Tebows life by 20 miles. Clear now?

I'm not saying that Tebow doesn't have a long way to go, nor am I saying that Rogers didn't make a few good throws in that game. But if you compare their performances side by side, the comment is baseless.

Compare the throws each made, and each missed.

If Tebow threw 'punts', those were the most pin-point accurate punts in the history of the NFL. Despite how little credit you'd like to give him, he's the only 300+ yard passer against the Steelers the entire year. Rodgers past peformances have no bearing on whether or not this particular peformance is 20 miles better than Tebows best.

Punts is obviously hyperbole, he threw the ball well on his completions. I do think DThomas's performance was more impressive than Tebows though.

It sounds to me like you are discounting Tebow's peformance because recievers got open, but I've watched Rogers all season long throw to very open recievers. I don't see how that somehow negates it. Should he have chosen more difficult targets and ignored guys who got open?

It sounds to me like you're being silly just for the sake of arguing.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm just talking about the way Rodgers threw the ball. If Tebow had the exact same game throwing the ball that Rodgers did vs NYG, it would be the best day of throwing in Tebows life by 20 miles. Clear now?

It's clearER, but far from clear. I guess I could care less if the WAY he threw the ball was very impressive and yet he had a very poor game and we lost. I don't see how that makes his performance '20 miles' better than Tebows best. :shrugs:

Compare the throws each made, and each missed.

But why would I compare missed throws? That seems an odd way to judge a performance. I guess you could say that Rogers looked a lot better being off than Tebow looks when he is off. Not sure what else to glean from that.

Punts is obviously hyperbole, he threw the ball well on his completions. I do think DThomas's performance was more impressive than Tebows though.

DT had a great day, no doubt. Not sure what has to do with anything. Rogers has better weapons all around.

It sounds to me like you're being silly just for the sake of arguing.

Aaron Rogers performance today was 20 miles better than Tebows best. And I'm the one being silly. Sounds like you said something silly and are now having a hard time actually backing it up and are reaching rather than just admitting how absurd this was in the first place.

Joel
01-16-2012, 03:43 AM

Yeah, I was thinking about that when they kept showing and talking about that one short in route, to Finley, I think, where Rodgers flat out missed an easy 10 yard pass his receiver barely got close enough to touch with the fingers of one hand. My first thought was If that's Tebow, all I hear for the next week is how it PROVES he'll never be able to make even the EASY throws. Let's look at those all important stats:

26/46 (56.5%) for 264 yds (5.7 YPA) 2 TDs and 1 Int, with 4 sacks for 23 yards, 7 rushes for 66 yds, 1 rushing TD 1 lost fumble PR: 78.5 QBR: 83.0

10/21 (47.6%) for 316 yds (15.0 YPA) 2 TDs and 0 Ints, with 0 sacks for 0 yds, 10 rushes for 50 yds, 1 rushing TD and 0 lost fumbles PR: 136.2 QBR: 137.3

Can you match the QB with the stats? Rodgers must be the first one, since he's a MUCH better QB and the top completion percentage is MUCH higher.

Seriously, 5.7 YPA with 57% completions? You know the only QB who averaged LESS this year? The guy folks like comparing to Tebow: Blaine Gabbert. Even HE'D average more completing 57% of passes instead of 51%.

Since Tebow had less than half as many attempts against Pitt, it should go without saying that having the same number of TDs and LESS Ints gives him a better TD and Int%.

Rodgers had the same number of rushing TDs, but lost a fumble, which Tebow didn't; that more than makes up averaging nearly twice the yards per run (after all, they're QBs, so that doesn't matter. ;))

That wouldn't even be Tebows best PLAYOFF game, which is itself statistically surpassed by his Vikings game. I think his Bears game might be the best of the three, because he was challenged the most, but the stats don't reflect that because of 6 drops (GB had 8, I believe.) I bet Rodgers would prefer any of those to the game he actually had though.

For all that, no, I'm not suggesting Tebow is anywhere near Rodgers yet, and Rodgers winning last years Super Bowl plus 15 games this year probably bought him a free pass for at least one or two bad playoff games. But if he'd had a game like last night two years ago, or three? They'd be rioting in the streets of Green Bay demanding to know why the team didn't pay Favre any price he named.

Tebow makes a lot more bad throws than Rodgers, and a lot less good ones, but if people insist on comparing the second year QB to the seventh year two time Pro Bowler, games like this count, too. We don't overlook Tebows losses and/or bad statistical days and, to cite yet another example, Tebows loss to NE last month was statistically better than the one Rodgers had last night.

The real kicker? Rodgers first 16 starts actually were statistically MUCH better than Tebows (though sitting behind Favre three years might have helped) but the Packers only WON 6 games. Perhaps the real moral of GB, then and now, is that even the best QBs can't do it alone. Why not get Tebow more help on offense than McGahee, Thomas, Clady and Kuper, then see if he develops any pocket presence or anticipation of where and when receivers will break open. If he doesn't, well, the next guy will have those tools as vital to his development as they are to victory.

Joel
01-16-2012, 03:59 AM

That is simply absurd. On Tebows first long pass, the 51 yarder to Thomas, he did not "badly beat" Pro Bowl CB Ike Taylor. He had MAYBE half a step; Tebow still did a hell of a job to drop that ball over his shoulder, in stride, with no play for the defender, half the field away from them. Did you SEE the TD pass that ended that drive? Same deal: 30 yard pass dropped in where Royal either catches it or it goes out of bounds; Royal did a good job making that catch, too, because the defender was so "badly beaten" I was amazed he even saw the ball in time to catch it. And before all that happened? A nice looking crossing route to Decker with one guy coming over his back from the right and Harrison coming in from the left in front. Decker went up a little to catch it, but not much, and even THAT pass was 20 yards from the LoS.

What you're basically saying is the rap on the Vikings game: "His receivers were wide open all game." That's simply not so, though Thomas was pretty open on the last play, because Mundy came up to play the run and didn't realize it was a deep pass until too late. The coverage was generally pretty good; Fells wasn't all alone on that 40 yarder either, but the guy in man coverage had NO play on the ball. What are you trying to say, he's only deadly accurate on 50 yard bombs? Even if that were plausible, I'd still trade one of those for a half dozen of those little 5 yard quick slant/outs, especially given that a pick on the former is, as you say, "a punt" but a pick on any of the others is likely to be a pick six. I mean, geez, why don't you say that 51 yarder to Thomas wobbled all the way, too; it's just as credible.

He's not a HoFer who rarely misses, but he's not a bum who rarely hits either. It's hard to imagine he won't get better in the offseason given his talent, brains, work ethic and the coaching he'll get. Wait till next year.

It's a specious argument anyway: EVERYONE knows Tebow can't see open receivers. ;)

KCL
01-16-2012, 10:21 AM

This is pretty much what my son said.We were texting about the game and I said "so much for Tebow not being able to throw the ball,he had a great game" and he said "Mom did you even watch the game"? :lol:

claymore
01-16-2012, 10:30 AM

If Rodgers shit the bed, then Tebow spontaniously combusted in the bed. 9-26 and a fumble. :harf:

topscribe
01-16-2012, 11:33 AM
If Rodgers shit the bed, then Tebow spontaniously combusted in the bed. 9-26 and a fumble. :harf:

As I mentioned, Rodgers played a bad game. For him. 78.5 QBR. In other words,
Rodgers' worst falls right into the league average for quarterbacks. His worst.
Any kind of comparison to Rodgers is ludicrous. I will be surprised if Tebow can
ever be remotely compared to Rodgers . . .

HORSEPOWER 56
01-16-2012, 11:37 AM

So Rodgers' WRs don't badly beat their man? How about the first drive where Greg Jennings was WIDE OPEN (nobody covered him) and Rodgers just overthrew the shit out of him which would've been an easy TD. The Pack ended up settling for a FG...

Wins and losses are a team stat. Period. The Giants hung 37 on GB's defense. The Pats hung 45 on ours. Tebow didn't play well vs the Pats but neither did Rodgers vs the NYG. Every QB has bad games. You can no more hang that loss on Rodgers alone than you can the Pats' loss on Tebow alone. Until people start realizing that, threads like this will continue.

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 11:52 AM

EDIT: Maybe we could get a few of them to block.a tebow at every position except QB would make more sense than one tebow at QB!
tebow better thasn rogers, the notion is absolutely ludicrous, anyone seriously behind that notion has no buisness discussing football, NONE !
rogers TD : INT ratio is 7 : 1 this season!
most QBs see 2 : ! as a minimum, the best HOPE for a 3:1 ratio ! again ROGERS threw more than 7 TDs to every INT this year, it was one of the BEST season performances by a QB of all time !
rogers RAN for 6 first downs in his game, how many first downs did TEBOW run for?
honestly I dont why I am even bothering to respond! its like saying hitler was a better human being than mother teresa !

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 11:56 AM
JOE, do you honestly think the broncos should commit to TEBOW and re-vamp their entire offense to accomodate his skill set?
honestly?

TXBRONC
01-16-2012, 11:58 AM
:laugh:

Did you do this just to pick a fight bfd because Rodgers has more Super Bowls rings?

Chef Zambini
01-16-2012, 12:15 PM
WTF does a SB ring have to do with it?
dan marino, ZERO rings !
trent dilfer, he must be superior to marino, I guess!

Please people can we have a serious discussion?
I am done with this thread shame on me for responding and giving it ANY credibility.

iLands
01-16-2012, 12:22 PM
No thread has credibility until Chef posts.

catfish
01-16-2012, 12:22 PM

I guess half a yard per attempt could make up for an additional turnover, definately should be comparing performances of a guy who officially has a year worth of start to a multiple pro-bowler. A young player is expected to have bad, even horrible games. A multiple pro-bowler is expected to have his passes be signifigantly more valuable than just running the ball, in this case he wasn't. I don't think ebow is in anwhere near the same league as Rodgers, doesnt change the fact that Rodgers shit the bed

MOtorboat
01-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Fine, I submit. UNCLE!

Tebow is better than Rodgers. What in the hell was I thinking?

wayninja
01-16-2012, 01:35 PM
This thread is depressing. We went from last place in the division (and pretty much the NFL) to first place in our Division and beat the number 1 ranked defense in a playoff game.

What do we have to show for it? The same basic bullshit as last year.

iLands
01-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Fine, I submit. UNCLE!

Tebow is better than Rodgers. What in the hell was I thinking?

I don't think anyone made that claim, but some posters just need to parade around a strawman.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 02:22 PM
This is pretty much what my son said.We were texting about the game and I said "so much for Tebow not being able to throw the ball,he had a great game" and he said "Mom did you even watch the game"? :lol:

You and your son are right. Tebow played like shit and we only won because the number 1 ranked defense took the night off and left receivers wide open for Tebow to somehow shank in stride 30-50 yards down the field. Don't get me started on how huge a window Tebow had to throw to Royal in the end zone. It had to be at least 12-18 inches.

Nothing feels better than Mr Magoo'ing your way into the record books in several areas...

KCL
01-16-2012, 02:26 PM
You and your son are right. Tebow played like shit and we only won because the number 1 ranked defense took the night off and left receivers wide open for Tebow to somehow shank in stride 30-50 yards down the field. Don't get me started on how huge a window Tebow had to throw to Royal in the end zone. It had to be at least 12-18 inches.

Nothing feels better than Mr Magoo'ing your way into the record books in several areas...

Hell of a post there!!!!

claymore
01-16-2012, 02:29 PM
As I mentioned, Rodgers played a bad game. For him. 78.5 QBR. In other words,
Rodgers' worst falls right into the league average for quarterbacks. His worst.
Any kind of comparison to Rodgers is ludicrous. I will be surprised if Tebow can
ever be remotely compared to Rodgers . . .

Emotionally,...I hold the hope for Tebow in the same area I held hope for Obama. In the "never gonna happen, can only hope" section in my brain.

claymore
01-16-2012, 02:30 PM
You and your son are right. Tebow played like shit and we only won because the number 1 ranked defense took the night off and left receivers wide open for Tebow to somehow shank in stride 30-50 yards down the field. Don't get me started on how huge a window Tebow had to throw to Royal in the end zone. It had to be at least 12-18 inches.Nothing feels better than Mr Magoo'ing your way into the record books in several areas...

That was the best throw of his proffessional career IMO.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Hell of a post there!!!!

Yours too! I want to hear more about conversations you and your son have!!!

jhildebrand
01-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Tebow has more career PO victories than Matt Ryan!

But let's only worry about how pretty he looks throwing the ball or dropping back. After all, there is only one way through the woods and it is the Orton way :rolleyes:

topscribe
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM

Can't take that away from Teebs. That was a beautiful throw . . .

KCL
01-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Yours too! I want to hear more about conversations you and your son have!!!

Seriously dude...give it up! :lol:

KCL
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Emotionally,...I hold the hope for Tebow in the same area I held hope for Obama. In the "never gonna happen, can only hope" section in my brain.

clay...please don't use Tebow and Obama in the same sentence...;)

wayninja
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Seriously dude...give it up! :lol:

Hell of a post there!!!

KCL
01-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Hell of a post there!!!

Thank You! :elefant:

Joel
01-17-2012, 06:05 AM
Rodgers had a fumble, too; IIRC the Giants got a TD off it (not sure; they scored so many, especially off turnovers.) I KNOW he had a pick that got them a FG; Tebow had no picks, so he must be a superior passer. :tongue:

No one here is saying Tebow>Rodgers. The point was that Rodgers had an AWFUL game but no one's demanding he be benched, let alone cut. Any time Tebow has anything less than a record setting game that's ALL we hear from half our fans, and when he DOES have a great game we're told it's just an anomaly and/or on the back of the D. Sure. 8/13 is an anomaly, but 5/13 is a PATTERN. :lol: This years D was ONE STARTER away from surrendering a playoff record for passing TDs, and 23 points to a one legged QB and his backup RB, but Tebow rode them into the playoffs. :rolleyes:

MOtorboat
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I have less interceptions and fumbles than Aaron Rodgers and the same number of wins as Aaron Rodgers in this year's playoffs.

catfish
01-17-2012, 09:02 AM
I have less interceptions and fumbles than Aaron Rodgers and the same number of wins as Aaron Rodgers in this year's playoffs.

I'm willing to give you another year, but you better step your game up

Chef Zambini
01-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Rodgers had a fumble, too; IIRC the Giants got a TD off it (not sure; they scored so many, especially off turnovers.) I KNOW he had a pick that got them a FG; Tebow had no picks, so he must be a superior passer. :tongue:

No one here is saying Tebow>Rodgers. The point was that Rodgers had an AWFUL game but no one's demanding he be benched, let alone cut. Any time Tebow has anything less than a record setting game that's ALL we hear from half our fans, and when he DOES have a great game we're told it's just an anomaly and/or on the back of the D. Sure. 8/13 is an anomaly, but 5/13 is a PATTERN. :lol: This years D was ONE STARTER away from surrendering a playoff record for passing TDs, and 23 points to a one legged QB and his backup RB, but Tebow rode them into the playoffs. :rolleyes:TT has 8 wins on his resume and 1-1 in the play-offs.
Rogers hada TD tro INT ratio of 7 to 1
the next best MIGHT be 4 to 1 this season!
tebows TD to turnover ration is closer to even steven.... plummer-like.
Now JE says they are going to work even harder at CONVERTING, TT to a POCKET PASSER?
it would be easier to convert him to a MUSLIM !
pocket passer, take his feet away from his offensive weaponry, brilliant !
wasnt that the jmcd GAMEPLAN?
SO GLAD we are following the JMCD blueprint for tebows development, good luck with that !
STEVE YOUNG, a left handed, hard running, religious figure, QB says TEBOW NEEDS a custom offense to fit his skill set!
sorry JE, I think SY is 100% correct and you are headed for a wild goose chase trying to make TT a pocket passer.
he will draw even more comparisons to PLUMMER if he tries to stay in the pocket!

wayninja
01-17-2012, 10:04 AM

But your completion percentage is infinitely shitty, MO.

I'm willing to give you another year, but you better step your game up

**** that! MO and Rogers should not be discussed in the same sentence! I don't care how MO performed in the playoffs, he just can't execute the way Rogers does. Are you even watching the forums?

catfish
01-17-2012, 10:58 AM
But your completion percentage is infinitely shitty, MO.

**** that! MO and Rogers should not be discussed in the same sentence! I don't care how MO performed in the playoffs, he just can't execute the way Rogers does. Are you even watching the forums?

All I am saying is he has potential to be a quality poster, granted it hasn't happened yet, but he has all offseason to work on snappy one liners so you can't say for certain that he is a bust yet.

wayninja
01-17-2012, 12:06 PM
All I am saying is he has potential to be a quality poster, granted it hasn't happened yet, but he has all offseason to work on snappy one liners so you can't say for certain that he is a bust yet.

Whatever, Cat, you are just another MOboi.

catfish
01-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Whatever, Cat, you are just another MOboi.

Look Mo has a history of solid posting in several different forums, just becasue he hasn't got up to speed on a NFL forum doesn't mean he never will. your rampant MO bashing is obviously a side effect of compensation for other shortcomings in your life

BroncoJoe
01-17-2012, 12:19 PM
JOE, do you honestly think the broncos should commit to TEBOW and re-vamp their entire offense to accomodate his skill set?
honestly?

For next year? Yes based on what he did this year.

I also don't believe they have to "re-vamp" their entire offense. Tebow adds an element with his current skill set that keeps defenses off balance. He needs work on his pocket presence, i.e. footwork and trusting his eyes. Those are solvable - as Elway himself has alluded to.

wayninja
01-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Look Mo has a history of solid posting in several different forums, just becasue he hasn't got up to speed on a NFL forum doesn't mean he never will. your rampant MO bashing is obviously a side effect of compensation for other shortcomings in your life

Yeah, yeah, next you are going to say that the problem with this forum is everyone else! Well, I'll just head that off now and tell you that the other posters here are the reason we won any.... wait. Damn I took it too far.

MOtorboat
01-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Hmm, MObois.

Sounds like one hell of a Lounge thread.

Ravage!!!
01-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Brad Johnson has more Super Bowl rings than Marino.

wayninja
01-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Hmm, MObois.

Sounds like one hell of a Lounge thread.

That's actually from a salute Joel sent me. Gotta give him credit for that one.

Joel
01-17-2012, 05:58 PM
That's actually from a salute Joel sent me. Gotta give him credit for that one.
I am not responsible for Lounge threads about MO. In fact, I'm kinda in a self imposed exile from the Lounge. :redface:

As for the thread, I kinda lost interest when Zam informed me 2=1. :rolleyes: After that I was just sticking around for the excellent satire. Speaking of which, if Tned works with MO in the offseason I think he'll be great some day.

catfish
01-17-2012, 06:02 PM
I am not responsible for Lounge threads about MO. In fact, I'm kinda in a self imposed exile from the Lounge. :redface:

As for the thread, I kinda lost interest when Zam informed me 2=1. :rolleyes: After that I was just sticking around for the excellent satire. Speaking of which, if Tned works with MO in the offseason I think he'll be great some day.

I don't know, I think TNED will bring in a poster from milehighreport to compete with MO, he says he is going to help him, but I question his sincerity

bcbronc
01-17-2012, 08:45 PM
26/46 (56.5%) for 264 yds (5.7 YPA) 2 TDs and 1 Int, with 4 sacks for 23 yards, 7 rushes for 66 yds, 1 rushing TD 1 lost fumble PR: 78.5 QBR: 83.0

10/21 (47.6%) for 316 yds (15.0 YPA) 2 TDs and 0 Ints, with 0 sacks for 0 yds, 10 rushes for 50 yds, 1 rushing TD and 0 lost fumbles PR: 136.2 QBR: 137.3

Can you match the QB with the stats? Rodgers must be the first one, since he's a MUCH better QB and the top completion percentage is MUCH higher.

Yes, Tebow made some great throws vs Pitt. And yes, despite having an overall crappy game by Rodgers standards, Rodgers made some great throws in his loss to NYG.

The stat line is great, but don't tell the whole story. I'm assuming you and ninja watched the GB game (if not, go eff yourselves, :lol: )...Rodgers didn't see much 9 in the box and didn't have his WRs in 1on1 coverage that was blatant from presnap to whistle. Again, not taking anything away from the 10 passes Tebow completed, the Pitt game was one of the Tebows 2 or 3 best as a pro, no doubt. But when you boil the game down and look at the throws Rodgers made, in admittedly a terrible game for him, he made throws Tebow just can't make.

Would you say Tebow made throws vs Pitt you wouldn't expect Rodgers to have been able to make?

Seriously, 5.7 YPA with 57% completions? You know the only QB who averaged LESS this year? The guy folks like comparing to Tebow: Blaine Gabbert. Even HE'D average more completing 57% of passes instead of 51%.

who cares. Where's you and ninja running in talking about drops? Or pass protection? I guess those things only matter when defending Tebow huh?

That wouldn't even be Tebows best PLAYOFF game, which is itself statistically surpassed by his Vikings game. I think his Bears game might be the best of the three, because he was challenged the most, but the stats don't reflect that because of 6 drops (GB had 8, I believe.) I bet Rodgers would prefer any of those to the game he actually had though.

What? How is it not Tebow's best playoff game?

I doubt Rodgers trades his last game vs the Bears for Tebows...seeing as Rodgers put up 5 TDs and no INTs.

For all that, no, I'm not suggesting Tebow is anywhere near Rodgers yet, and Rodgers winning last years Super Bowl plus 15 games this year probably bought him a free pass for at least one or two bad playoff games. But if he'd had a game like last night two years ago, or three? They'd be rioting in the streets of Green Bay demanding to know why the team didn't pay Favre any price he named.

Sorry Joel, I don't even know what you're saying here and don't really have much interest in creating new endings to past events to further your position.

Tebow makes a lot more bad throws than Rodgers, and a lot less good ones, but if people insist on comparing the second year QB to the seventh year two time Pro Bowler, games like this count, too. We don't overlook Tebows losses and/or bad statistical days and, to cite yet another example, Tebows loss to NE last month was statistically better than the one Rodgers had last night.

Lol, no one is comparing Rodgers to Tebow. You're saying you see some double standard as to why Rodgers gets the benefit of the doubt for a bad playoff game, while people question Tebow over his. It's simple, Rodgers has more than proven he can get the job done, and expect his best performance every time he straps his helmet on is pretty unreasonable.

The real kicker? Rodgers first 16 starts actually were statistically MUCH better than Tebows (though sitting behind Favre three years might have helped) but the Packers only WON 6 games. Perhaps the real moral of GB, then and now, is that even the best QBs can't do it alone. Why not get Tebow more help on offense than McGahee, Thomas, Clady and Kuper, then see if he develops any pocket presence or anticipation of where and when receivers will break open. If he doesn't, well, the next guy will have those tools as vital to his development as they are to victory.

Can whoever it is that is opposed to adding more talent to the offense around the QB please speak up?

It's clearER, but far from clear. I guess I could care less if the WAY he threw the ball was very impressive and yet he had a very poor game and we lost. I don't see how that makes his performance '20 miles' better than Tebows best. :shrugs:

it's not the "WAY" he threw the ball, it's the throws he made. Just to be clear, you did watch the GB game, correct?

But why would I compare missed throws? That seems an odd way to judge a performance. I guess you could say that Rogers looked a lot better being off than Tebow looks when he is off. Not sure what else to glean from that.

Why would you compare missed throws? Because they're part of the QBs performance. And don't play daft, you know I'm not saying take two misses and see which looked better. When you are evaluating a QB's performance, the throws they miss factor in. Yes, Tebow missed multiple throws vs Pitt but you don't seem to want to acknowledge them for some reason. Apparently we're going to look at Rodgers worse throws and Tebows best, and call it a comparison. :rolleyes:

DT had a great day, no doubt. Not sure what has to do with anything. Rogers has better weapons all around.

How much of Tebow's yardage came from YAC by DT? imo a 200 yard reception day is more impressive than a 300 yard passing game.

Aaron Rogers performance today was 20 miles better than Tebows best. And I'm the one being silly. Sounds like you said something silly and are now having a hard time actually backing it up and are reaching rather than just admitting how absurd this was in the first place.

Lol, no the silly thing is not being able to understand why people would judge Rodgers performance differently than Tebows. You know, like the post I responded to did. ;)

That is simply absurd. On Tebows first long pass, the 51 yarder to Thomas, he did not "badly beat" Pro Bowl CB Ike Taylor. He had MAYBE half a step; Tebow still did a hell of a job to drop that ball over his shoulder, in stride, with no play for the defender, half the field away from them.

Yup, Tebow made a great throw there. Dropped it in perfectly vs the 1on1 coverage.

Did you SEE the TD pass that ended that drive? Same deal: 30 yard pass dropped in where Royal either catches it or it goes out of bounds; Royal did a good job making that catch, too, because the defender was so "badly beaten" I was amazed he even saw the ball in time to catch it.

Agreed, another nice throw vs 1on1 coverage.

And before all that happened? A nice looking crossing route to Decker with one guy coming over his back from the right and Harrison coming in from the left in front. Decker went up a little to catch it, but not much, and even THAT pass was 20 yards from the LoS.

Decker was wide open on that play, at least in NFL terms.

What you're basically saying is the rap on the Vikings game: "His receivers were wide open all game." That's simply not so, though Thomas was pretty open on the last play, because Mundy came up to play the run and didn't realize it was a deep pass until too late. The coverage was generally pretty good; Fells wasn't all alone on that 40 yarder either, but the guy in man coverage had NO play on the ball.

Fells was wide open, they reshowed the replay multiple times because of the good job McCoy did drawing it up. It was a crossing route that when Polamalu stepped up on, Fells re-routed to a deep post. Nice play, nice throw, wide open.

What are you trying to say, he's only deadly accurate on 50 yard bombs? Even if that were plausible, I'd still trade one of those for a half dozen of those little 5 yard quick slant/outs, especially given that a pick on the former is, as you say, "a punt" but a pick on any of the others is likely to be a pick six. I mean, geez, why don't you say that 51 yarder to Thomas wobbled all the way, too; it's just as credible.

Joel, if you can't acknowledge that Tebow isn't very accurate, at least not consistently (and let's be honest, being accurate inconsistently is the same as being inaccurate) then you're the one who's credibility is threatened. And if you can't acknowledge that Tebow's inaccuracy has hurt us at times...and could have cost us the Pitt game after he missed a wide open DThomas inside 2mins of a tie game, resulting in punting back to one of the most clutch QBs in the league...then your agenda becomes obvious.

He's not a HoFer who rarely misses, but he's not a bum who rarely hits either. It's hard to imagine he won't get better in the offseason given his talent, brains, work ethic and the coaching he'll get. Wait till next year.

He'll get better, of that I have no doubt. Question is, will he get better enough?

It's a specious argument anyway: EVERYONE knows Tebow can't see open receivers. ;)

no no, everyone knows Tebow is perfect and is only taking it easy on the rest of the league because he's such a nice guy.

The point was that Rodgers had an AWFUL game but no one's demanding he be benched, let alone cut.

And this is what this long-winded post is all about. Why would anyone demand he gets benched? It's just a ridiculous statement that completely ignores the realities of where Tebow and Rodgers are as QBs. imo of course.

wayninja
01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
I don't know, I think TNED will bring in a poster from milehighreport to compete with MO, he says he is going to help him, but I question his sincerity

I don't think TNED likes MO at all, but what choice does he have but to tacitly support him? MO brings his media circus wherever he goes so TNED either has to let him post and fall on his face or he will be called out by the digital masses who will run him out of his domain.

The worst thing that can happen for TNED is for MO to make a few decent posts, that just eggs on the board members into a sense of false hope and really hurts our position when the board switches over.

catfish
01-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Yes, Tebow made some great throws vs Pitt. And yes, despite having an overall crappy game by Rodgers standards, Rodgers made some great throws in his loss to NYG.

The stat line is great, but don't tell the whole story. I'm assuming you and ninja watched the GB game (if not, go eff yourselves, :lol: )...Rodgers didn't see much 9 in the box and didn't have his WRs in 1on1 coverage that was blatant from presnap to whistle. Again, not taking anything away from the 10 passes Tebow completed, the Pitt game was one of the Tebows 2 or 3 best as a pro, no doubt. But when you boil the game down and look at the throws Rodgers made, in admittedly a terrible game for him, he made throws Tebow just can't make.

Would you say Tebow made throws vs Pitt you wouldn't expect Rodgers to have been able to make?

who cares. Where's you and ninja running in talking about drops? Or pass protection? I guess those things only matter when defending Tebow huh?

I doubt Rodgers trades his last game vs the Bears for Tebows...seeing as Rodgers put up 5 TDs and no INTs.

Sorry Joel, I don't even know what you're saying here and don't really have much interest in creating new endings to past events to further your position.

Lol, no one is comparing Rodgers to Tebow. You're saying you see some double standard as to why Rodgers gets the benefit of the doubt for a bad playoff game, while people question Tebow over his. It's simple, Rodgers has more than proven he can get the job done, and expect his best performance every time he straps his helmet on is pretty unreasonable.

Can whoever it is that is opposed to adding more talent to the offense around the QB please speak up?

it's not the "WAY" he threw the ball, it's the throws he made. Just to be clear, you did watch the GB game, correct?

Why would you compare missed throws? Because they're part of the QBs performance. And don't play daft, you know I'm not saying take two misses and see which looked better. When you are evaluating a QB's performance, the throws they miss factor in. Yes, Tebow missed multiple throws vs Pitt but you don't seem to want to acknowledge them for some reason. Apparently we're going to look at Rodgers worse throws and Tebows best, and call it a comparison. :rolleyes:

How much of Tebow's yardage came from YAC by DT? imo a 200 yard reception day is more impressive than a 300 yard passing game.

Lol, no the silly thing is not being able to understand why people would judge Rodgers performance differently than Tebows. You know, like the post I responded to did. ;)

Yup, Tebow made a great throw there. Dropped it in perfectly vs the 1on1 coverage.

Fells was wide open, they reshowed the replay multiple times because of the good job McCoy did drawing it up. It was a crossing route that when Polamalu stepped up on, Fells re-routed to a deep post. Nice play, nice throw, wide open.

Joel, if you can't acknowledge that Tebow isn't very accurate, at least not consistently (and let's be honest, being accurate inconsistently is the same as being inaccurate) then you're the one who's credibility is threatened. And if you can't acknowledge that Tebow's inaccuracy has hurt us at times...and could have cost us the Pitt game after he missed a wide open DThomas inside 2mins of a tie game, resulting in punting back to one of the most clutch QBs in the league...then your agenda becomes obvious.

He'll get better, of that I have no doubt. Question is, will he get better enough?

no no, everyone knows Tebow is perfect and is only taking it easy on the rest of the league because he's such a nice guy.

And this is what this long-winded post is all about. Why would anyone demand he gets benched? It's just a ridiculous statement that completely ignores the realities of where Tebow and Rodgers are as QBs. imo of course.

where Tebow needs to improve is passes from 11-20 yards, his completion % on all other passes is pretty comparable to other QB's with his experience

catfish
01-17-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't think TNED likes MO at all, but what choice does he have but to tacitly support him? MO brings his media circus wherever he goes so TNED either has to let him post and fall on his face or he will be called out by the digital masses who will run him out of his domain.

The worst thing that can happen for TNED is for MO to make a few decent posts, that just eggs on the board members into a sense of false hope and really hurts our position when the board switches over.

All TNED would have to do is continue with the same non-commitment he had shown before, make a generic statement that he would be reading over MO's posts in the offseason and evaluating. Then trade him away to get rid of the drama he brings. Instead he comitted to helping him out, thereby running the risk of having any failure of MO's reflect on himself. I personally think it shows some comittment from TNED. He obviously sees something he liked, and he has forgotten more about posting in threads than I will ever know so I gotta take his word for it. Sure MO may be a borderline scrub poster now, but look at the potential. All that rage could make for some great posts down the line

bcbronc
01-17-2012, 10:17 PM
where Tebow needs to improve is passes from 11-20 yards, his completion % on all other passes is pretty comparable to other QB's with his experience

agreed, more or less. He throws a nice long ball, at least when he's on his game. Short stuff, not sure how he matches up statistically vs other guys, but I do suspect the reason we see so few slants and underneath stuff between the numbers is because of coach's lack of confidence in Tebow.

The intermediate stuff is definitely the low-hanging fruit, I agree there. He doesn't have to become Drew Brees, but he needs to get to the point that missing a wide open receiver is something that happens a couple times per few games, rather than a few times per couple of games. If that happens, he'll be fine at QB.

The amount of improvement he makes over the offseason will go a long way to show whether he can make it happen, imo.

wayninja
01-17-2012, 11:59 PM
All TNED would have to do is continue with the same non-commitment he had shown before, make a generic statement that he would be reading over MO's posts in the offseason and evaluating. Then trade him away to get rid of the drama he brings. Instead he comitted to helping him out, thereby running the risk of having any failure of MO's reflect on himself. I personally think it shows some comittment from TNED. He obviously sees something he liked, and he has forgotten more about posting in threads than I will ever know so I gotta take his word for it. Sure MO may be a borderline scrub poster now, but look at the potential. All that rage could make for some great posts down the line

I've heard this argument before but being able to post well does not necessarily translate into being able to moderate posters. Take my word for it, Tned is shopping MO around behind the scenes no matter what he says publicly.

BroncoBJ
01-18-2012, 04:49 AM
How did this turn in to a thread about whos better, Rodgers or Tebow? :lol: Some people are such idiots.

Its about Tebow having more playoff wins this season than Aaron Rodgers, which is true. Am I right? :confused:

catfish
01-18-2012, 07:39 AM
agreed, more or less. He throws a nice long ball, at least when he's on his game. Short stuff, not sure how he matches up statistically vs other guys, but I do suspect the reason we see so few slants and underneath stuff between the numbers is because of coach's lack of confidence in Tebow.

The intermediate stuff is definitely the low-hanging fruit, I agree there. He doesn't have to become Drew Brees, but he needs to get to the point that missing a wide open receiver is something that happens a couple times per few games, rather than a few times per couple of games. If that happens, he'll be fine at QB.

The amount of improvement he makes over the offseason will go a long way to show whether he can make it happen, imo.

agreed, here is a link to splits if you are interested

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/13200/tim-tebow

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/13199/colt-mccoy

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/13197/sam-bradford

Joel
01-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Tned took this organization from obscurity to greatness, so I trust his word until he breaks it. Since he got elected to the Hall of Fame and picked up a Web Ring or two, people have forgotten that his first couple seasons at Broncomania his CP to Neg ratio was a LOT worse than MOs is now. Sure, he had more completed threads but that's something MO can learn how to do in the offseason. If Tned says he'll help MO do that, I believe him, and look forward to seeing the results. Because Tned knows MO has the stat that REALLY matters:

All he does is POST!. :salute:

catfish
01-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Tned took this organization from obscurity to greatness, so I trust his word until he breaks it. Since he got elected to the Hall of Fame and picked up a Web Ring or two, people have forgotten that his first couple seasons at Broncomania his CP to Neg ratio was a LOT worse than MOs is now. Sure, he had more completed threads but that's something MO can learn how to do in the offseason. If Tned says he'll help MO do that, I believe him, and look forward to seeing the results. Because Tned knows MO has the stat that REALLY matters:

All he does is POST!. :salute:

you can use whatever fancypants stats you want, I know what I see:D

Joel
01-18-2012, 09:46 AM

Since I expect Rodgers to make pretty much any throw anyone else can, no. That proves I think Rodgers as good as any QB out there, but says nothing about Tebow either way.

I've already mentioned drops; as I said, my best friend was screaming about them, and I pointed out the Tebow bashers say they're irrelevant, that Denver being 30th in the League has no bearing on Tebows horrible completion percentage (a stat I consider nearly worthless in the first place.) A few of Rodgers' throws weren't great, but he was PLAGUED with drops; his pass protection wasn't perfect, but a HELL of a lot better than Tebow had in either New England game or against Buffalo (the second KC game is pretty much on him, 'cos everyone else did their job.)

Let's be clear: I can't speak for the OP, but MY point in this thread was not "Tebow>Rodgers." MY point has been:

Even Aaron Rodgers, one of the best passing AND running QBs in the League, CANNOT be a one man offense, and will post miserable stats and lose games if asked to do so.

It takes two people to complete a pass, whether the QB is Rodgers or Tebow. It takes about half a dozen to attempt one, whoever's the QB. My biggest concern going forward is not that the great Tim Tebow will be unfairly benched or cut because of his teammates' failings. My REAL concern is that ALL our QBs for the foreseeable future will fail if we ignore those many, extreme and undeniable failings and blame them on Tebow.

Read what I (and you) said: You claimed Rodgers' game against the Giants was far and away better than ANY game Tebow has played; I countered that it's not even better than Tebows best PLAYOFF game, and statistically inferior to his game against Minnesota (in fact, it's STATISTICALLY inferior to 8 of the 14 games Tebow played this year.)

I'm saying that the only reason GB and NFL fans aren't reacting to Rodgers poor performance Sunday the same way so many Denver and NFL fans are reacting to Tebows Saturday is because of his past record of winning Super Bowls. That's actually not unfair; Rodgers has earned a pass for a game like that every now and then, especially when a lot of it wasn't his fault. However, haven't Tebows many good games earned him the opportunity to demonstrate those, and not the bad ones, will be the norm? John Elway thinks so.

Expecting ANYONES best performance every time they strap on their helmet is unreasonable; the issue is whether you get more of the good than the bad, and how much more. I contend we have gotten more good than bad with Tebow, and for a second year player with 16 starts that encourages the belief that the ratio of good to bad will continue growing. But if drops and protection matter for Rodgers or any QB they matter for Tebow, too. We can't say it's a weak excuse to point to the fact our pass protection and drops are both in the bottom five, then turn around and say Rodgers' only had a bad day against NY because of drops and poor pass protection (particularly since the pass protection wasn't all that bad until the end of the second half.) That IS a double standard, yes, and therefore a useless metric however we feel about the respective QBs.

Talking about going after a different franchise QB is arguing against adding more offensive talent elsewhere, whether or not we realize it. Picking up a star QB will mean a high draft pick, tens of millions in cap money or (most likely) both. That reduces the high draft picks and cap money available to sign a stud WR, G, T or TE. It's a zero sum game (alright, it's a 120 million sum game, but you get the point.) We have the NFLs youngest offense and a penchant for trading away its Pro Bowlers: How could our QB NOT need help? He needs improvement, too, but every pick and dollar we devote to QB is one unavailable but sorely needed elsewhere.

You make "versus 1 on 1 coverage" sound like a big qualifier. On the passes to Thomas, the coverage was from Pro Bowl CB Ike Taylor (who had me very worried going into that game, apparently needlessly.)

Really? Even though he was hit by TWO Steelers so quickly after the catch that when they knocked it out it was ruled incomplete? That was the kind of throw that scares the bejeezus out of people when Tebow attempts it: Over the middle, in lots of traffic, where if it's even SLIGHTLY off it's a pick.

Yeah, OK, watching it again Fells was pretty open, the defender just caught up quickly to make the tackle; my bad.

His accuracy could use work, yes, though deep passes are always less accurate (I have no problem with that, which is one of many reasons I don't care much about completion percentage.) I suppose that could've cost us the game, though if the Steelers had scored on their final drive my question would be "why, despite our offense moving the ball in the second half, did our 'great' defence let a one legged QB and backup RB score on ALL FOUR OF THEIR SECOND HALF DRIVES?" Seems more like all those long passes that put up 20 points in the second quarter, plus a few long passes and a scramble that put us in FG range in the second half, kept us IN the game, but perhaps that's just my agenda. Tebow set a playoff record for yards per completion, hit THREE 50+ yard passes (two of them with minimal YAC) against the #1 passing D and a Pro Bowl CB who hadn't given up ANY all year, but ONE 4th quarter incompletion that MIGHT have cost us the game proves he's a sorry QB.

Remember that comment? It's from our discussion of double standards. In this same response. :tongue:

That is the question, yes; I believe you were the one who said we can't be having this discussion this time next season, and you were right (though I think it more accurate to say we SHOULDN'T be having this discussion this time next season; if Tebow's still our starter I'd bet dollars to donuts we WILL. ;)) The issue is definitely consistency: He's shown he CAN make the tough throws (despite detractors continuing to insist otherwise.) NOW the challenge is showing he WILL make them on a regular basis rather than just periodically.

Drops happen. So do missed blocks. If they happen as often as your QB makes good throws, you have a problem, but whether it's with your QB or your receivers and line depends on whether they coincide often or rarely.

Tebow's come a long way. Three months ago he made nice looking throws once or twice per game in between a lot of dying ducks that missed by a mile. Then he managed to eliminate most of the really bad throws. Then he managed to make more of the good ones. Then he managed to string together whole games of good passing. Now he must string together whole months of such games. We'll see if he does, and how long it takes.

Either way, I still want a big upgrade at guard, and ideally another star WR to complement Thomas so teams can't just double cover him and shut down our passing. If Tebow fails, our next QB will still need them.

Never said that. I've seen LOTS of people (not you) say, "Tebow can't see open receivers," "Tebow can't HIT open receivers" and "Tebow can't throw a spiral." It's counterproductive bunk, and I call it as such.

They wouldn't demand he gets benched, because they know he's better than that. With Tebow we really DON'T know where he is either way, and certainly not where he'll be next September, let alone September 2015.

I don't want another Cutler trade. Part of that is, despite my deep skepticism of college phenoms, college in general and annoyance with Tebow injecting P&R into his play, he's convinced me there's a really good chance he'll be an amazing dual threat QB. Yet a bigger part is the QB is never my highest priority, and the more we focus on QBs the more we neglect things I value far more, which we've already neglected too much.