PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Hit and Miss article

Dirk
03-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I am not a fan of Pete Prisco, but figured I would put this up. I copied just the Broncos tidbits. To read the rest follow the link.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11443946

Head-scratcher: To the Denver Broncos for even considering trading Jay Cutler. Why would you think about trading a young, franchise passer with that arm? Stupidity rules in the NFL.

Head-scratcher: To the Denver Broncos for signing Dawkins to essentially a two-year, $9 million deal. The money is fine. It's just that Dawkins isn't the same player he was a few years ago. He wasn't the best safety on the Eagles roster last season. That was Quintin Mikell. Dawkins is a great guy in the locker room, but he lacks coverage skills. In a division with a San Diego team that features Philip Rivers throwing it and Kansas City with Todd Haley and now Cassel throwing it, the safeties need to have cover skills.

Head-scratcher: Why teams give so much power to first-time head coaches? Six years ago, Josh McDaniels was essentially a gopher in New England. Now he's making all of the Broncos football decisions? Please.