PDA

View Full Version : Charges were dismissed against Marshall

cuzz4169
03-01-2009, 11:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3944945

Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who's had a string of off-the-field brushes with the law, has had another.

Marshall was arrested Sunday in Atlanta and booked into the Atlanta City Jail on a disorderly conduct charge. Details of the events leading to Marshall's arrest are not known at this time. A supervisor at the jail would only say Marshall was involved in a fight.

Marshall posted a $300 bond and has been released. This is the fourth arrest for Marshall since March 2006. He was suspended last season by the NFL for three games (later reduced to one) for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

WTF!!!!

EMB6903
03-01-2009, 11:36 PM
This is an absolute joke

what a weekend

getlynched47
Oh Shit...........I thought Marshall was done acting like a Dumbass

frauschieze
:rolleyes:

Just what we all needed right now.

BroncoJoe
03-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Maybe it's not a bad thing to clean house.

EMB6903
03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
so is this a 4 game suspension?

BeefStew25
03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/vampyrewarrior/puke.jpg

BeefStew25
03-01-2009, 11:39 PM
so is this a 4 game suspension?

For sure. He is on the radar. Hackney will need someone else to throw to.

BroncoJoe
God, Bief. I HATE that picture.

Denver Native (Carol)
:faint::frusty::faint::frusty:

BeefStew25
03-01-2009, 11:41 PM
God, Bief. I HATE that picture.

I mean what else can you say?

getlynched47
03-01-2009, 11:41 PM
son of a bitch.........:laugh: this season is going to suck ass

Peerless
03-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Shit this is an assery of a team.

What a ******* joke of a team.

Magnificent Seven
03-01-2009, 11:44 PM
I told you. Again, Marshall sucks! Bring Houshmandzadeh in.

G_Money
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Marshall was out getting drunk at the news that Cutler might be gone.

Thanks, McD.

~G

honz
LMAO. The sky is falling!!!

honz

Thanks, McD.

~G

Yep. Clearly McDaniel's fault.

Italianmobstr7
03-01-2009, 11:47 PM
WTF.... That sucks. I still love Marshall. I don't care if he got arrested again. But man this sucks. It's almost a guaranteed 4 game suspension....

getlynched47
03-01-2009, 11:48 PM
shit......shit..........shit............

WTF are you thinking about Marshall!?!?!?

Are you effing kidding me!!

honz
03-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Brandon "Pacman" Marshall

omac
03-01-2009, 11:49 PM
It's usually Jay who looks out for Brandon, but he's got his own problems now. Not that he could've done anything to help him here. Could all this unrest have contributed to it? Who knows?

Northman
03-01-2009, 11:50 PM
I bet Marshall did this on purpose. lmao

Hate to say it boys and girls. Because of McD's little sneaky behind the back play for Cassell it has now cost him some of the players in the process. At this point its better for Denver to trade Jay and Brandon which may be what McD wanted from the start.

JONtheBRONCO
You got it Bronco Joe.

This off-season couldn't be any worse.

Shanahan fired.

Cutler trade talks evolving into a bad episode of the Real World.

Marshall arrested... Again.

Hmmm, all the sudden... Stock piling picks doesn't sound so bad.

Man... I didn't want it to come to this... **** my life........

getlynched47
Brandon "Pacman" Marshall

Marshall isnt shooting up clubs :

BeefStew25
03-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Guys its been fun. I will be in my garage with my engine running.

Lonestar
03-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Shit this is an assery of a team.

What a ******* joke of a team.

most of it done before Mc Kid came to town.. now he has to clean up the mess.

BroncoJoe

Did you know I'm now driving a Toyota Tacoma?

mine's 4x4 though....

frauschieze

Got room in the truck? In case you haven't heard, Leach was released today. I've been searching for cliffs all day.

honz
03-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Marshall isnt shooting up clubs :
I was just messin'. Easy killer.

getlynched47
03-01-2009, 11:56 PM
I was just messin'. Easy killer.

:laugh: I know........

lol just messin around

BeefStew25
03-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Did you know I'm now driving a Toyota Tacoma?

mine's 4x4 though....

Yeah I saw that. I test drove one but I needed the extra room in a Tundra.

JKcatch724
03-01-2009, 11:57 PM

LMMFAO! Post of the weekend.

rcsodak
03-01-2009, 11:57 PM

Thanks, McD.

~G

Yea....

...celebrating!

:lol:

Poet
03-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Let him go. He isn't going to change his life. He isn't going to turn another leaf. Even if he is "innocent" he isn't. You can't constantly get in trouble and have it all be coincidences. Being arrested is actually something you have to TRY to do.

EMB6903
03-01-2009, 11:58 PM
on a good note, this drives his price down completely

he just lost himself a lot of money.

JONtheBRONCO
03-02-2009, 12:00 AM
How crazy does it sound to trade Marshall. How about Cutler too. F it, throw in Champ. Whatever.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 12:00 AM
How crazy does it sound to trade Marshall. How about Cutler too. F it, throw in Champ. Whatever.

No :coffee:

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 12:01 AM
I bet castrating Marshall would do wonders.

Peerless
03-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Poet
03-02-2009, 12:02 AM
I bet castrating Marshall would do wonders.

With the loss of his balls he would just become a bigger dick.

EMB6903
03-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Im just amazed that Marshall does this B.S with all the drama thats going on currently

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 12:03 AM
With the loss of his balls he would just become a bigger dick.

Yeah but the testosterone would go away. He would be like one of those Italian choir boys. Like our own little EMO WR.

JONtheBRONCO
03-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah but the testosterone would go away. He would be like one of those Italian choir boys. Like our own little EMO WR.

On fire today.

getlynched47
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Shit....shit....shit....shit.........shit......... shit.......shit..........shit......shit......Shit. ...shit....shit....shit.........shit.........shit. ......shit..........shit......shit......Shit....sh it....shit....shit.........shit.........shit...... .shit..........shit......shit......Shit....shit... .shit....shit.........shit.........shit.......shit ..........shit......shit......Shit....shit....shit ....shit.........shit.........shit.......shit..... .....shit......shit......Shit....shit....shit....s hit.........shit.........shit.......shit.......... shit......shit......Shit....shit....shit....shit.. .......shit.........shit.......shit..........shit. .....shit......Shit....shit....shit....shit....... ..shit.........shit.......shit..........shit...... shit......Shit....shit....shit....shit.........shi t.........shit.......shit..........shit......shit. .....Shit....shit....shit....shit.........shit.... .....shit.......shit..........shit......shit...... Shit....shit....shit....shit.........shit......... shit.......shit..........shit......shit......Shit. ...shit....shit....shit.........shit.........shit. ......shit..........shit......shit......Shit....sh it....shit....shit.........shit.........shit...... .shit..........shit......shit......Shit....shit... .shit....shit.........shit.........shit.......shit ..........shit......shit......Shit....shit....shit ....shit.........shit.........shit.......shit..... .....shit......shit......

rcsodak
No :coffee:

Why not?

That way McD can say the team's HIS, instead of just running with Shanny's.

Hell, look at all the guff Shanny got for winning "because of Elway"!

Some people here need to pull their heads out, and realize they can't have it both ways! :tsk:

BroncoWave
03-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Remember the good ol days back when the biggest concern we had was whether the Dawkins signing would pan out or not? :D

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Why not?

Some people here need to pull their heads out, and realize they can't have it both ways! :tsk:

Marshall + Cutler = One of the best QB/WR combos in the NFL....

even with this arrest, I dont want Marshall going anywhere

Poet
03-02-2009, 12:06 AM

Fair enough. But when your stud WR starts crying and eating expensive ice cream on the sidelines after a 3 and out, I think it may be worse.

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Marshall + Cutler = One of the best QB/WR combos in the NFL....

even with this arrest, I dont want Marshall going anywhere

:confused:

Hardly!

:tsk:

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Fair enough. But when your stud WR starts crying and eating expensive ice cream on the sidelines after a 3 and out, I think it may be worse.

I don't give a rats ass about your team, King. Go hump a donut.

Northman

Honestly. Not so crazy. I would much rather trade them all that you listed. Why you ask?

Because McDipshit was brought in too win correct? So if that means that dipshit wants to trade all the current players in the process to acheive that goal than let him do it. I would rather Jay and Brandon get a fresh start elsewhere rather than deal with the backstabbing going on from his HC. So if McDipshit is going to win, let him win with his own personnel. Which means he better make the playoffs next year since he has it all figured out. If he does it, than great for the Denver Broncos. If not, nice meeting you McDipshit. As JR put it evidently, Shanahan screwed it up by bringing those guys in so let McDipshit trade them away and get his own players in here. But i better see some immediate results.

getlynched47

Hardly!

I'd like for you to name 5 QB/WR combos that are BETTER than Cutler and Marshall.................yeah.......i didn't think so :tsk:

Northman
03-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Why not?

Holy shit, we finally agree on something.

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 12:11 AM
I'd like for you to name 5 QB/WR combos that are BETTER than Cutler and Marshall.................yeah.......i didn't think so :tsk:

HAHAHA! I could list a hell of a lot more than 5!!!!!

You crack me up!:lol:

Poet
03-02-2009, 12:11 AM

Hardly!

Well, honestly I think he is right. Brady to Moss and Manning to Wayne is better. But Delhomme to Steve Smith is replaced with Delhomme to <insert the opposing team's LB's and CB's>. Big Ben to Hines Ward or Holmes may be more clutch, but it isn't better overall. Carson Palmer to Chad Johnson hasn't been that great since about 06. Rivers doesn't really have a real number one, hell, I think by default he makes it there.

Poet
03-02-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't give a rats ass about your team, King. Go hump a donut.

You sir are a bad human being!

Take it from someone who has watched the crap kill his team.

And while I like a creamy donut, I don't like it to have my own cream filling.:lol:

JKcatch724
03-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Why couldn't have Chad Jackson been arrested???

Then it would have just been comic relief...

Instead we are all left borderline suicidal.

Where is yardog??? if there was ever a time for a :tsk: it's now.

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 12:13 AM

You'll soon learn NOT to disagree with me, my son. :coffee:

:lol:

omac
03-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Why not?

Wasn't that a similar approach to what Herm did in KC when he dismantled one of the league's most explosive offenses under Vermeil (#1 in 2005), to turn them into one of the worst offenses in the league?

It's one thing to scrap everything when you inherit a team that is bad in all aspects, but when you already have the pieces to a great offense in place, and the problem is the defense, why make a major overhaul at the offense? It could work, but it could definitely backfire, like it did with Herm.

frauschieze
03-02-2009, 12:14 AM

This weekend has found a surprising number of posters who normally reside on opposite sides of the fence suddenly become allies. It's rather amusing.

EMB6903
03-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Well, honestly I think he is right. Brady to Moss and Manning to Wayne is better. But Delhomme to Steve Smith is replaced with Delhomme to <insert the opposing team's LB's and CB's>. Big Ben to Hines Ward or Holmes may be more clutch, but it isn't better overall. Carson Palmer to Chad Johnson hasn't been that great since about 06. Rivers doesn't really have a real number one, hell, I think by default he makes it there.

by default? they have connected 206 times for 2500+ yards and 13 touchdowns the last 2 years, I wouldnt say thats by default.

oobehr
03-02-2009, 12:18 AM
I wish I had one of those face palm pictures bookmarked.

rcsodak
Wasn't that a similar approach to what Herm did in KC when he dismantled one of the league's most explosive offenses under Vermeil (#1 in 2005), to turn them into one of the worst offenses in the league?

It's one thing to scrap everything when you inherit a team that is bad in all aspects, but when you already have the pieces to a great offense in place, and the problem is the defense, why make a major overhaul at the offense? It could work, but it could definitely backfire, like it did with Herm.

lol I never said it was the RIGHT thing to do!

And iirc, kc was OOOOOLLLLLDDD! They totaled it to get young. And frankly, they were the better team at the end of last year, than denver was. And they didn't have a "pro-bowl, franchise qb". What's that tell you?

getlynched47
HAHAHA! I could list a hell of a lot more than 5!!!!!

You crack me up!:lol:

You could? Cutler and Marshall are one of the best, young QB/WR combination in the entire NFL...

So if you can name a hell of a lot more than 5 (better than Cutler/Marshall).....go for it...I'm waiting...

that's my point :salute:

PatricktheDookie
03-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Pathetic.

See you guys in three years when the team is done rebuilding. I'm out.

Northman
03-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Pathetic.

See you guys in three years when the team is done rebuilding. I'm out.

No way dude. Come on. Things are just getting interesting now. We are going to the playoffs next year! Just wait and see! Get the popcorn ready. :lol:

LordTrychon
03-02-2009, 12:22 AM
This weekend has found a surprising number of posters who normally reside on opposite sides of the fence suddenly become allies. It's rather amusing.

Yep.

Ha.

Ha.

:coffee:

BroncoWave
03-02-2009, 12:24 AM
I wish I had one of those face palm pictures bookmarked.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k93/chrishorgen/Funnay/facepalm.jpg

frauschieze
03-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Yep.

Ha.

Ha.

:coffee:

There isn't much I can find amusing this weekend. I'll take what I can get.

DenBronx
03-02-2009, 12:26 AM
i'm officially blaming mcdaniels for every bad thing that happens to the broncos. i'm telling you this guy is super bad luck for our team.

Tned
03-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Let's hope he was involved in a fight while trying to stop a nun from getting mugged. I think anything short of that will cost him 3 or 4 games to start the season.

So much for growing up. By the way, is the girlfriend he proposed to the same one he has gotten in constant trouble with over the years?

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 12:31 AM

Brady/Moss
Manning/Wayne
Romo/Owens
Warner/Fitzgerald
Brees/Colston
Schaub/Johnson
Rivers/Gates

Frankly, there's been so much turnover lately in qb's, that to win by "default" doesn't say much for cutler/marshall.

Northman
03-02-2009, 12:32 AM
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k93/chrishorgen/Funnay/facepalm.jpg

http://civilwarclipart.com/Clipartgallery/images/aw_jeez.jpg

Northman
03-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Let's hope he was involved in a fight while trying to stop a nun from getting mugged. I think anything short of that will cost him 3 or 4 games to start the season.

So much for growing up. By the way, is the girlfriend he proposed to the same one he has gotten in constant trouble with over the years?

Word is he mental when hearing of the possible trade of Jay. Thats a teammate for you. :lol:

DenBronx
03-02-2009, 12:36 AM
is there anyway to get crabtree in the draft?

i seriously want marshall traded now. great job on losing one of your biggest fans bmarsh! with all the drama going on you still act like an ass....thanks for screwing the team.

JONtheBRONCO
03-02-2009, 12:36 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11815973

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 12:39 AM

No. But she does live down there. Makes ya wonder. The dumbass said he was going to stay away.

Trade him for a stud Dlineman!

OB
03-02-2009, 12:39 AM
:eek:

wtf - so is this an automatic 4 :mad:

Poet
03-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Brady/Moss
Manning/Wayne
Romo/Owens
Warner/Fitzgerald
Brees/Colston
Schaub/Johnson
Rivers/Gates

Frankly, there's been so much turnover lately in qb's, that to win by "default" doesn't say much for cutler/marshall.

Rivers Gates? The idea was QB to WR. Schaub Johnson has been good all of one year. Brees Colston doesnt cut it either. This was Colston's second year and he missed 5 gaves. He also amassed an amazing 5 TDs and 760 yards RC.

Romo Owens was worse this year. Considering how mercurial it is and how much you have to force TO the ball I don't think it's more effective overall. However, I can see your argument.

So, It's Brady-Moss, Warner-Fitz, Manning-Wayne and maybe Romo-TO. After that exactly really takes it?

Even if you treat Gates as a WR he comes up short. Yes, he will get more TDs, but he's a huge redzone threat because he's a tight end. He will get less yards, less catches, and has the added benefit of being covered by a LB.

ktrain
03-02-2009, 12:42 AM
son of a bitch.........:laugh: this season is going to suck ass

I am sure Falcon, Ratbird and Phins fans felt the same way going into this past season........

It never ceases to amaze me that there are always players you think that will be missed and really are not. Like how the Washington redskins defense actually improved signifcantly after champ left

I tell you, I am ready for a clean break, I would be fine would getting rid of whiney Cutler, his ass-clown favorite WR and the fragile TE Shef

omac
03-02-2009, 12:43 AM
lol I never said it was the RIGHT thing to do!

And iirc, kc was OOOOOLLLLLDDD! They totaled it to get young. And frankly, they were the better team at the end of last year, than denver was. And they didn't have a "pro-bowl, franchise qb". What's that tell you?

KC was getting old, but they went from 5th, 4th, 2nd, 1st, 1st in offense with Vermeil at the helm, to 16th, 31st, and 24th in 3 short (or long for their fans) years with Herm.

KC was definitely a better defensive team than Denver was. Herm scrapped the offensive ways of Vermeil, because he wanted to start over and put his stamp on the team. He wanted KC to be a defensive minded team with a conservative offense, and he likened the approach to the one used by Lovie on the Bears. Still, despite all the talent they acquired, they did not become a great defensive team, and their offense which used to be their bright spot, they lost that too.

Now, all that rebuilding came to naught. They got Haley, who is an offensive minded coach, to fix the offense that Herm destroyed. They might also be switching defenses, which would make one of their top picks, Dorsey, less effective.

That can happen to Denver. Hopefully not, but definitely not if they didn't mess so much with the offense, when the defense was the problem.

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 12:45 AM
No. But she does live down there. Makes ya wonder. The dumbass said he was going to stay away.

Trade him for a stud Dlineman!

I'm still waiting for that list of better QB/WR combos.........

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 12:47 AM
:eek:

wtf - so is this an automatic 4 :mad:

more like 8, babydoll!

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em! :D

ktrain
03-02-2009, 12:47 AM

Thanks, McD.

~G

I knew some of the dumb-ass-shit-for-brains fans on this site would blame mcTurd for this. McTurd did not make Marshall do anything, Marshall did this to HIMSELF, if the DUMBASS SHITFORBRAINS LOSER is too immature to keep his temper under control after already being suspended 3 games last saeson (reduced to one) for being a complete TURD than **** him, he deserves what he gets, time to clean house

The core offensive players are looking more like Jeff George & company by the minute, **** um!

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Rivers Gates? The idea was QB to WR. Schaub Johnson has been good all of one year. Brees Colston doesnt cut it either. This was Colston's second year and he missed 5 gaves. He also amassed an amazing 5 TDs and 760 yards RC.

Romo Owens was worse this year. Considering how mercurial it is and how much you have to force TO the ball I don't think it's more effective overall. However, I can see your argument.

So, It's Brady-Moss, Warner-Fitz, Manning-Wayne and maybe Romo-TO. After that exactly really takes it?

Even if you treat Gates as a WR he comes up short. Yes, he will get more TDs, but he's a huge redzone threat because he's a tight end. He will get less yards, less catches, and has the added benefit of being covered by a LB.

So what's better? Yards or TD's?

Marshall is NOT a TD threat! Not yet, anyways.

And Cutler has that tendency to throw TD's in the opposite direction, so unless you count them.....lol

Frankly, I'm going by upside, also. I think Marshall has peaked, and won't be any better...and will in fact get worse! But that's just my .02.

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 12:49 AM
I actually like B. Marshall

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv174/tei_blu_bae/fuknomx9.gif

ikillz0mbies
03-02-2009, 12:50 AM
This really has been the most roller coaster of a season and an off-season for the Broncos. Leading the AFC West with 3 games left to go only to choke and miss the playoffs for the 3rd straight year, the firing of Shanahan, hiring of McCassel, McCassel bringing some hope to the team by hiring Nolan, a DC who knows what he's doing.

Things started to look up and got us Broncos fans excited for the upcoming season. Then the off-season begins. Broncos sign these FA role players. Then BAM! The Cutler on trade block rumors start spread like genital herpes. We all start to whip our guns out and point it to McCassel, wondering what his mindset is trying to get rid of the face of the franchise so he can bring his husband in who had one good season. And now after Marshall continuously and adamantly saying that he has grown out of his troubles and has matured, he goes out and gets arrested? Another thing for Cutler to get pissed about.

I'm willing to bet that Shanahan has a huge smile on his face and glad he isn't part of a franchise who once had so much balance and stability just crumble in matter of 3 days.

What the hell happened here guys?

Northman
03-02-2009, 12:50 AM
I knew some of the dumb-ass-shit-for-brains fans on this site would blame mcTurd for this. McTurd did not make Marshall do anything, Marshall did this to HIMSELF, if the DUMBASS SHITFORBRAINS LOSER is too immature to keep his temper under control after already being suspended 3 games last saeson (reduced to one) for being a complete TURD than **** him, he deserves what he gets, time to clean house

The core offensive players are looking more like Jeff George & company by the minute, **** um!

You do know that G was being sarcastic right? :lol:

ktrain
03-02-2009, 12:51 AM

Hate to say it boys and girls. Because of McD's little sneaky behind the back play for Cassell it has now cost him some of the players in the process. At this point its better for Denver to trade Jay and Brandon which may be what McD wanted from the start.

That is fine with me. I really have been huge supporters of both of them (Cut & Marshall), but, **** it, I am getting sick of their shit.

Maybe McTurd should cut Marshall to send a message........

Northman
03-02-2009, 12:51 AM
This really has been the most roller coaster of a season and an off-season for the Broncos. Leading the AFC West with 3 games left to go only to choke and miss the playoffs for the 3rd straight year, the firing of Shanahan, hiring of McCassel, McCassel bringing some hope to the team by hiring Nolan, a DC who knows what he's doing.

Things started to look up and got us Broncos fans excited for the upcoming season. Then the off-season begins. Broncos sign these FA role players. Then BAM! The Cutler on trade block rumors start spread like genital herpes. We all start to whip our guns out and point it to McCassel, wondering what his mindset is trying to get rid of the face of the franchise so he can bring his husband in who had one good season. And now after Marshall continuously and adamantly saying that he has grown out of his troubles and has matured, he goes out and gets arrested? Another thing for Cutler to get pissed about.

I'm willing to bet that Shanahan has a huge smile on his face and glad he isn't part of a franchise who once had so much balance and stability just crumble in matter of 3 days.

What the hell happened here guys?

Someone had Silent But Deadly.

ktrain
03-02-2009, 12:53 AM
You do know that G was being sarcastic right? :lol:

Nope, missed the sarcasm

Sorry G!

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm still waiting for that list of better QB/WR combos.........

I gave my choices.

And later said why.

Deal with it. :elefant:

Frankly, I've yet to hear one announcer/analyst say the combo is "top 5 in the league".

But to each their own. :coffee:

Poet
03-02-2009, 01:05 AM
So what's better? Yards or TD's?

Marshall is NOT a TD threat! Not yet, anyways.

And Cutler has that tendency to throw TD's in the opposite direction, so unless you count them.....lol

Frankly, I'm going by upside, also. I think Marshall has peaked, and won't be any better...and will in fact get worse! But that's just my .02.

Umm, TD's. What's better overall, a player with around 300-500 less yards and like 50 less catches but all of 4 more TDs per year?

Marshall has not peaked. The guy is an idiot, but he is a tremendous talent. :salute:

Timmy!
03-02-2009, 01:07 AM
http://www.barrierislandgraphics.com/PhotoChop/red_dumbass.jpg

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Umm, TD's. What's better overall, a player with around 300-500 less yards and like 50 less catches but all of 4 more TDs per year?

Marshall has not peaked. The guy is an idiot, but he is a tremendous talent. :salute:

When TD's score points, and it's more points that win games, then yes! ;)

Denver has always had the "best offense inside the 20's". What's that got them? We need wr's that score TD's.

DenBronx
03-02-2009, 01:25 AM
mckid caused marshall to go out and drink like a wildman. while he was drunk he socked someone that was giving him crap over the cutler saga. its all mcpatcos fault....seriously....it is and i wont let it go.

fire him!

Poet
03-02-2009, 01:31 AM

Denver has always had the "best offense inside the 20's". What's that got them? We need wr's that score TD's.

TD is the most overrated stat for a WR. Marshall does more. Four more touch downs does not equate to four hundred less yards and 50 less catches. And if the debate was what you need at WR, why did you put in a TE?

To judge a player you have to look at what he does overall. TO scores more TDs than Steve Smith, but Steve Smith is a much better WR than TO. Sure, you get to the endzone more, but guys like Smith and Marshall keep drives alive by getting open more, by catching the ball on third down, by great YAC.

TO forces you to throw the ball to him a thousand times a game. Marques Colston fails at getting and staying on the field. Two fifths of the better tandems ahead of Marshall and Cutler are two of the greatest QB's ever.

When you look at how good Marshall really is, it makes his stupid actions even worse. The kid is a loser.

JKcatch724
03-02-2009, 01:39 AM
I see a Brian Dawkins ass whooping in Marshall's near future.

LoyalSoldier
03-02-2009, 01:41 AM

You can't score TDs without being able to get down the field first.

Shazam!
03-02-2009, 01:50 AM
Geez. Everyone needs to relax a bit.

JKcatch724
03-02-2009, 01:55 AM
This news is a little more disturbing than the Cutler mess IMO. Cuz I'm confident that McDisaster will be able to patch things up with Jay, but Brandon will likely be watching Jay suit up for the first quarter of the season.

Den21vsBal19
03-02-2009, 02:08 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3944945

Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who's had a string of off-the-field brushes with the law, has had another.

Marshall was arrested Sunday in Atlanta and booked into the Atlanta City Jail on a disorderly conduct charge. Details of the events leading to Marshall's arrest are not known at this time. A supervisor at the jail would only say Marshall was involved in a fight.

Marshall posted a $300 bond and has been released. This is the fourth arrest for Marshall since March 2006. He was suspended last season by the NFL for three games (later reduced to one) for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

WTF!!!!
Oh, ain't that just peachy :tsk:

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 02:08 AM
new name for marshall

Mc Moron

EMB6903
03-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Geez. Everyone needs to relax a bit.

i can see why people are upset, Broncos just lost their #1 reciever for 4-8 games next year.

NameUsedBefore
03-02-2009, 02:41 AM
*twitch*

sneakers
03-02-2009, 02:51 AM
Idiot!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-02-2009, 07:20 AM
good times. good times.

broncofaninfla
03-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Marshall is an idiot. This off season couldn't get any worse. McKid and Xanders alienate our franchise player in Cutler, address positions we don't need over postions we do in free agency and now this. We might as well start looking towards next years draft, We'll be picking in the top 5 next year.

claymore
03-02-2009, 08:27 AM
And we are trying to trade Cutler LOL.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 08:39 AM
jeebus....

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Two things we've k nown since day one. Cutler cries and Marshall acts stupid. Why the hell is anyone surprised by all of this?

But yeah, let's just keep blaming the coach and management

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Two things we've k nown since day one. Cutler cries and Marshall acts stupid. Why the hell is anyone surprised by all of this?

But yeah, let's just keep blaming the coach and management

I bet McDaniels was the guy who started the fight...

:vroam:

claymore
03-02-2009, 08:47 AM
How is it Jay has the stigma of being a cry baby? Cause he yelled at Royal for dropping a pass?

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Before anything was known, he felt compelled to publicly show his disdain for the Shanny firing. he could have simply said it surprised him and he was disappointed, but would move on...but he didnt. He has yet to shut up about the whole "Phillip Rivers disrespected me" drama.

And now this crap.

Flatinum
03-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Goodell gave him a break last year and reduced his suspension to one game after Marshall cried that he was a changed man. Anyone who thinks that Goodell isn't going to be hard on him this time is fooling themselves.

8 games for sure for the jackass. What a joke.

"You can take the man out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the man"

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Goodell gave him a break last year and reduced his suspension to one game after Marshall cried that he was a changed man. Anyone who thinks that Goodell isn't going to be hard on him this time is fooling themselves.

8 games for sure for the jackass. What a joke.

"You can take the man out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the man"

Sad thing is, he's significantly decreased any trade value as well.

Rex
03-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Sad thing is, he's significantly decreased any trade value as well.

Yeah. Considering he will sit 1/4 or 1/2 of the season next year.:shocked:

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 09:31 AM
I say get a 3rd for him and unload him. He is a mess.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Put his name out there as trade bait. Take the best offer. He's a child and will obviously never learn.

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Sounds like he has a drinking problem also. There are drinking problems (like Willow's non violent spew hatred on the internet kind) and then there are drinking problems (Smack a woman around and get really drunk in public like Marshall).

Rex
03-02-2009, 09:37 AM
I bet he wouldnt bring a 3rd now.

Dreadnought
03-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Un-freakin believable. Now this is a guy thats got to go. I agree, get what you can, cut our losses.

Keep Cutler
Keep Scheff
Dump Marshall.

That was easy.

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 09:41 AM
I bet he wouldnt bring a 3rd now.

I think if a team was in a pinch and it was before the trading deadline, and Marshall was past his suspension, maybe. Maybe.

But like I said last night, castrate him.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 09:59 AM
But wait a second...isnt this the same guy that MANY people here thought should get an extension paying him like a top 5 NFL receiver?

Let's go pull that thread again.

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 10:00 AM
But wait a second...isnt this the same guy that MANY people here thought should get an extension paying him like a top 5 NFL receiver?

Oh cut it out. You hated Eddie Royal.

Rex
03-02-2009, 10:01 AM

If he wasnt in trouble every 5 min I would in a sec.

You cant deny his talent.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Oh cut it out. You hated Eddie Royal.

I wasnt thrilled using a 2nd rpund pick on him at the time, but I've gotten over that.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
If he wasnt in trouble every 5 min I would in a sec.

You cant deny his talent.

He has all the potential in the world...he just doesnt know it.

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 10:03 AM
I wasnt thrilled using a 2nd rpund pick on him at the time, but I've gotten over that.

So are the rest of us allowed to change our mind also? Cheese and crackers.

claymore
03-02-2009, 10:04 AM
He has all the potential in the world...he just doesnt know it.
Broncos need to buy an island and keep him there during the offseason.

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Broncos need to buy an island and keep him there during the offseason.

A cage. And throw raw meat at him. And charge admission. It would be a hit.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 10:08 AM
So are the rest of us allowed to change our mind also? Cheese and crackers.

Well, the difference is I didnt think Royal's value was worthy of a 2nd round pick. It had nothing to do with his criminal past.

Apples and Oranges

claymore
03-02-2009, 10:09 AM
A cage. And throw raw meat at him. And charge admission. It would be a hit.

I wanna know where Lasagna was for all of this. Wasnt she in charge of keeping him out of trouble?

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Well, the difference is I didnt think Royal's value was worthy of a 2nd round pick. It had nothing to do with his criminal past.

Apples and Oranges

No, judgement is judgement. You thought Royal sucked, and you were wrong. And that is fine. I though Glenn Martinez wasn't given a fair shot.

My point is this: Watch all the combine tape you want. End of the day no one knows anything.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 10:15 AM
No, judgement is judgement. You thought Royal sucked, and you were wrong. And that is fine. I though Glenn Martinez wasn't given a fair shot.

My point is this: Watch all the combine tape you want. End of the day no one knows anything.

My thoughts on Royal were that his skills were not worthy of a 2nd round pick simply because he was under-utilized in college. So far...he's proven me wrong.

My problem with Marshall is I didnt believe he deserved to be paid as a top 5 WR until he proved he'd matured. He proved me right.

Rex
03-02-2009, 10:16 AM

Except Lex.

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 10:16 AM
My thoughts on Royal were that his skills were not worthy of a 2nd round pick simply because he was under-utilized in college. So far...he's proven me wrong.

My problem with Marshall is I didnt believe he deserved to be paid as a top 5 WR until he proved he'd matured. He proved me right.

Okay, well I will flip coins also.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Okay, well I will flip coins also.

If you must. Not my problem you cant see the difference in the two scenarios.

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 10:20 AM
If you must. Not my problem you cant see the difference in the two scenarios.

Well, I guess you are saying you hope Royal goes on a mudering rampage.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Well, I guess you are saying you hope Royal goes on a mudering rampage.

No. What I'm saying is I didnt think Royal was worthy of a 2nd round pick because, along with everyone else, I just didnt see alot of his talent showcased in college. Not his fault...it was just a fact based on the way he was used. He has proven me and anyone else that saw it that way wrong. Good for him and good for the Broncos.

However, I was VERY happy to land Marshall with a 4th round pick, BUT...I did not want to see us make him a top paid WR until he proved the things he's done AFTER being drafted were behind him. Since it's apparent he is still a child, I believe I was correct in my assessment. How pissed would we all be to have a player making top 5 money for 7 years and only playing 8-12 games a season...if that?

Now if Royal decides to act like Marshall, I'll say the same thing. But if Royal is a decent human being and puts up Marshall numbers...I'll gladly pay him what he deserves.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 10:27 AM
I was just over at Broncomania and some guy said he had just heard on ESPN that Marshall's case has been dropped. I don't have a link right now but if I find one I'll let you guys know.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 10:28 AM
No. What I'm saying is I didnt think Royal was worthy of a 2nd round pick because, along with everyone else, I just didnt see alot of his talent showcased in college. Not his fault...it was just a fact based on the way he was used. He has proven me and anyone else that saw it that way wrong. Good for him and good for the Broncos.

However, I was VERY happy to land Marshall with a 4th round pick, BUT...I did not want to see us make him a top paid WR until he proved the things he's done AFTER being drafted were behind him. Since it's apparent he is still a child, I believe I was correct in my assessment. How pissed would we all be to have a player making top 5 money for 7 years and only playing 8-12 games a season...if that?

Now if Royal decides to act like Marshall, I'll say the same thing. But if Royal is a decent human being and puts up Marshall numbers...I'll gladly pay him what he deserves.

You're wrong there because I never criticized the pick. I have always taken the stance to give guys a chance to prove themselves first.

claymore
03-02-2009, 10:30 AM
I was just over at Broncomania and some guy said he had just heard on ESPN that Marshall's case has been dropped. I don't have a link right now but if I find one I'll let you guys know.

Roger Goodall probably doesnt care.

Northman
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3945483

A disorderly conduct charge against Brandon Marshall, who was arrested in Atlanta on Sunday, has been dropped and his case has been dismissed, a source close to the Denver Broncos wide receiver tells ESPN's Michael Smith.

Marshall's latest run-in with the law stemmed from a fight. His latest run-in with the law could result in a lengthy suspension from the NFL.

Marshall arrived at the Atlanta City Jail at 5:50 a.m. on a disorderly conduct charge and was released five hours later after posting $300 bond, said Lt. Joseph, the supervisor at the jail. Joseph declined to give his first name.

Marshall's arrest was his fourth since March 2006.

He was suspended for three games last season for repeatedly running afoul of the law -- Marshall's suspension stemmed from seven police-related incidents with his former girlfriend, Rasheedah Wately. But he had his punishment reduced to a single game when he pledged to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell that he would stay out of trouble.

Marshall, 24, potentially faces a longer suspension to start the 2009 season, perhaps as much as eight games, which is the punishment other players have received for repeatedly getting into trouble off the field.

The league doesn't require convictions for the commissioner to suspend a player.

Team spokesman Patrick Smyth said the Broncos were aware of Marshall's arrest but had no comment, and Marshall's Denver-based lawyer, Harvey Steinberg, also declined comment in a text to The AP.

His agent, Kennard McGwire, didn't immediately return an e-mail. Calls and e-mails also were sent after hours to Broncos general manager Brian Xanders and league spokesman Greg Aiello.

It was a March 6, 2008, arrest on a domestic violence warrant filed by his former girlfriend in Atlanta that led Goodell to summon Marshall to his New York offices last summer to explain his series of misdeeds. At that time, Marshall also faced a drunken driving trial that didn't fall under the league's personal conduct policy that would allow for suspension.

After sitting out the opener last season, Marshall returned from his suspension insisting he had turned round his life. He began making weekly visits to the Darrent Williams Teen Center on his days off to help inner city youths, something he said kept him grounded and fed his desire to stay off the police blotter.

Marshall said at the Pro Bowl last month he was ready to settle down and he proposed to his fiance, Michi Nogami, while in Hawaii for the all-star game. Broncos fans hoped this was another sign of Marshall maturing.

Marshall caught 104 passes for 1,265 yards and six TDs last season. But he dropped 18 on-target passes, something he blamed on the nerve damage in his right arm, which he put through a television set while horsing around with his brother in the offseason.

In three NFL seasons, Marshall has caught 226 passes for 2,899 yards and 15 touchdowns, although he's fumbled eight times, losing four.

Marshall is expected to seek a monster contract this year befitting his immense talents and reflecting his back-to-back 100-catch seasons.

His arrest came the same weekend another one of the team's leaders found himself in the news. Quarterback Jay Cutler, a fellow 2006 draft pick who also made his first trip to the Pro Bowl last month, is angry he was the subject of trade talks for Matt Cassel and has suggested his relationship with new coach Josh McDaniels has been strained.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 10:32 AM

He should do it then and start from scratch.

Its not what I want but if this team is going to be split then start fresh.

Cutler has talent but needs to harness it
and Marshall is just a moron right now which is sad.
He diatraobe(sp) that he was changed is laughable

Northman
03-02-2009, 10:38 AM

Yea, the more and more i think about it the more i would rather them just go. If McDipshit wants to prove he can win and wants to even think about trading guys like Jay then let him do it. But i expect immediate results. McDipshit was brought in to win, not rebuild. So why not let the guy get "his" guys in the fold and let him do his thing. I love Jay and wish he would stay a Bronco but rather than everyone blame him for any kind of losses under McD i would rather just see Jay get a new start elsewhere.

As far as Brandon, i like him too but this constant problem of getting into trouble with the law (whether he is guilty or not) is just not acceptable. Im glad he stood behind Jay but if he cant control his emotions and gets into trouble than its time for him to move on also. If McDipshit thinks he can win without Jay and Brandon let him do it. If McDipshit can win and get to the playoffs next than great, if not, hello Bill Cowher.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 10:39 AM

All I'm saying is that I heard the case has been dropped.

JONtheBRONCO
Just got a text from CBS4 in Denver....

Charges have been DISMISSED!

CoachChaz
You're wrong there because I never criticized the pick. I have always taken the stance to give guys a chance to prove themselves first.

Ok. So you were convinced that a seldom used WR would walk into the NFL and catch 90 passes as a rookie, thus immediately warranting spending a 2nd round pick on him. I see.

Look, I admit I was wrong on the pick. But I was also right about not extending Marshall. I wasnt the only one in both scenarios, but I still fail to see what one has to do with the other.

Northman
All I'm saying is that I heard the case has been dropped.

I just posted a link for that TX. :beer:

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 10:40 AM

McDaniels wont make it three years if he's really that stupid.

Dreadnought
03-02-2009, 10:42 AM
McDaniels wont make it three years if he's really that stupid.

I think he is - thats why I disagree on blowing up this team; I'd rather we kept as much of that offense as possible intact for McDaniels replacement to work with in a couple of years.

broncofaninfla
03-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Charges were dismissed!!! I just got the text from CBS4

Northman
03-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I think he is - thats why I disagree on blowing up this team; I'd rather we kept as much of that offense as possible intact for McDaniels replacement to work with in a couple of years.

You would think that would be the common sense move. But, the reality.......:lol:

broncofaninfla
03-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Just got the text from CBS4, Charges were dismissed against Marshall

JONtheBRONCO
We don't even know what happened, who was involved, what took place, why it happened, who started it etc... Even I was quick to judge, who knows...

Northman
Charges were dismissed!!! I just got the text from CBS4

Did everybody just miss the link to ESPN i posted on the last page about that? :lol:

Northman
03-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Since everyone missed it the last time.

A disorderly conduct charge against Brandon Marshall, who was arrested in Atlanta on Sunday, has been dropped and his case has been dismissed, a source close to the Denver Broncos wide receiver tells ESPN's Michael Smith.

Marshall's latest run-in with the law stemmed from a fight. His latest run-in with the law could result in a lengthy suspension from the NFL.

Marshall arrived at the Atlanta City Jail at 5:50 a.m. on a disorderly conduct charge and was released five hours later after posting $300 bond, said Lt. Joseph, the supervisor at the jail. Joseph declined to give his first name.

Marshall's arrest was his fourth since March 2006.

He was suspended for three games last season for repeatedly running afoul of the law -- Marshall's suspension stemmed from seven police-related incidents with his former girlfriend, Rasheedah Wately. But he had his punishment reduced to a single game when he pledged to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell that he would stay out of trouble.

Marshall, 24, potentially faces a longer suspension to start the 2009 season, perhaps as much as eight games, which is the punishment other players have received for repeatedly getting into trouble off the field.

The league doesn't require convictions for the commissioner to suspend a player.

Team spokesman Patrick Smyth said the Broncos were aware of Marshall's arrest but had no comment, and Marshall's Denver-based lawyer, Harvey Steinberg, also declined comment in a text to The AP.

His agent, Kennard McGwire, didn't immediately return an e-mail. Calls and e-mails also were sent after hours to Broncos general manager Brian Xanders and league spokesman Greg Aiello.

It was a March 6, 2008, arrest on a domestic violence warrant filed by his former girlfriend in Atlanta that led Goodell to summon Marshall to his New York offices last summer to explain his series of misdeeds. At that time, Marshall also faced a drunken driving trial that didn't fall under the league's personal conduct policy that would allow for suspension.

After sitting out the opener last season, Marshall returned from his suspension insisting he had turned round his life. He began making weekly visits to the Darrent Williams Teen Center on his days off to help inner city youths, something he said kept him grounded and fed his desire to stay off the police blotter.

Marshall said at the Pro Bowl last month he was ready to settle down and he proposed to his fiance, Michi Nogami, while in Hawaii for the all-star game. Broncos fans hoped this was another sign of Marshall maturing.

Marshall caught 104 passes for 1,265 yards and six TDs last season. But he dropped 18 on-target passes, something he blamed on the nerve damage in his right arm, which he put through a television set while horsing around with his brother in the offseason.

In three NFL seasons, Marshall has caught 226 passes for 2,899 yards and 15 touchdowns, although he's fumbled eight times, losing four.

Marshall is expected to seek a monster contract this year befitting his immense talents and reflecting his back-to-back 100-catch seasons.

His arrest came the same weekend another one of the team's leaders found himself in the news. Quarterback Jay Cutler, a fellow 2006 draft pick who also made his first trip to the Pro Bowl last month, is angry he was the subject of trade talks for Matt Cassel and has suggested his relationship with new coach Josh McDaniels has been strained.

JONtheBRONCO
03-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Yup, me too. I signed up for the text thing last night, pretty sweet..

broncofaninfla
03-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Did everybody just miss the link to ESPN i posted on the last page about that? :lol:

Sorry, I missed it, thanks!

broncofaninfla
03-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm guessing he can still be suspended for this though?

Northman
03-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Yea, just for getting into trouble. Dont know if it will happen though.

Italianmobstr7
03-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding and he won't get suspended, but I expect at least 4 games unfortunately...

GEM
03-02-2009, 10:58 AM
After the Commish cut him a break last time, I don't think he's going to be so kind this time. :yardog:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2009, 11:03 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11818361?source=rss

Charges of disorderly conduct filed against Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall were dismissed Monday morning in an Atlanta, Ga., court.

"Based on my investigation yesterday, he shouldn't have been charged in the first place and I was confident the charges would be dismissed," said Harvey Steinberg, Marshall's attorney.

Marshall was arrested and booked into an Atlanta city jail at 5:58 a.m. Sunday and was released at 10:24 a.m. EST Sunday after posting a $300 bond.

Had the charges not been dropped, Marshall likely would have faced a lengthy suspension for his repeated violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

However, even with the dismissal of charges, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell may still review the matter. The league's personal-conduct policy, which Goodell revised in 2007, gives the commissioner plenary power to punish players apart from the nation's judicial system.

"As an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard," the policy states. "Persons who fail to live up to this standard are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime."

Second-time violators of the conduct policy historically have received minimum eight-game suspensions. Tank Johnson and Chris Henry each received eight-game suspensions. Former Tennessee cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was suspended for a full season in 2007 after multiple police-related matters.

Marshall, who will turn 25 in three weeks, had more than 100 receptions in each of the past two seasons and is due to make $2.2 million in 2009, the final year of his four-year deal.

EMB6903
03-02-2009, 11:07 AM
He will still be suspended I would assume

Italianmobstr7
03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
If the charges are unfounded, I don't think Goodell will hold it against him. In the article up there it says he shouldn't have been charged and arrested in the first place. If that's the case, I don't think there will be any suspension.

Flatinum
03-02-2009, 11:13 AM
You can be suspended for your conduct only. There doesn't have to be an arrest or conviction. Since he's a repeat offender there's a good chance he get's suspended again.

BigDaddyBronco
03-02-2009, 11:21 AM
So much for due process in the NFL.

frauschieze
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I figure unless Marshall was asleep in his hotel room and the police busted down the door and arrested him, Goodell is gonna smack him around. Probably 8 games, since that's what he's done for all "repeat offenders".

:yardog:

BigDaddyBronco
03-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I figure unless Marshall was asleep in his hotel room and the police busted down the door and arrested him, Goodell is gonna smack him around. Probably 8 games, since that's what he's done for all "repeat offenders".

:yardog:
All we can hope for is that the Atlanta police were rounding up and arresting all black men between 20 - 30 over 6'2" tall for "questioning".

Goodell wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole.

OB
03-02-2009, 11:41 AM
But he was arrested - even though the charges were dropped - can he still be suspended - and it also shows that he really hasnt turned things around - he is still putting himself in situations that wont ever have a good ending

JONtheBRONCO
03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Incase you missed it on the last couple of pages:

Dreadnought
03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
But he was arrested - even though the charges were dropped - can he still be suspended - and it also shows that he really hasnt turned things around - he is still putting himself in situations that wont ever have a good ending

He absolutely can still be suspended, bepending on Goodell's take on the situation - no actual conviction is needed. And I agree totally with you; he is getting himself in stupid spots, and that tells me he is still a time bomb.

JONtheBRONCO
03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Quick Video: Watch it...

Lorcust
03-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I think they key parts of that video are Michael Smith pointing out that the case was thrown out the next morning and that it was determined he was not part of ANY wrongdoing.

Words from the man who was in the courthouse.

Take that to the bank. I don't think Marshall gets any discipline from this minus a talk from the commissioner.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Quick Video: Watch it...

Per Michael Smith - "no evidence - just another case of rush to judgement" :tsk:

weazel
03-02-2009, 12:27 PM
this guy is a scumbag, someone please take out the trash. Where are the Eddie Mcaffrey's and Rod Smith's of the world?

OB
03-02-2009, 12:33 PM
OK - even if nothing was filed - how do you get arrested for NOTHING - something happened - i mean yes you can be in the wrong place at the wrong time but still...and isnt he supposed to be avoiding the wrong places right now

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 01:08 PM

all of cutlers issues are between his ears:

his throwing picks in the red zone

setting alone on the bench after a bad series

not seeing open receivers while throwing into double coverage.

temper tantrums

feud with rivers

now refusing to meet with his boss

time for him to get his ego in check..

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 01:11 PM

PACMAN part duex putting himself into bad situations..

Mc idiot

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Story in Atlanta newspaper:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/metro/stories/2009/03/02/marshall_broncos_player.html

Charge dropped but Broncos player might not be in clear
Police observed Brandon Marshall pin fiance against wall

By MIKE MORRIS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Monday, March 02, 2009

A disorderly conduct charge against Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall was dismissed Monday morning, a day after the Pro Bowl player was arrested for allegedly fighting with his fiance’ outside his downtown Atlanta condominium.

According to an Atlanta police incident report, officers were sent to the 200 block of Centennial Olympic Park Drive about 4:30 a.m. Sunday to quell a disturbance.

“Mr. Marshall stated that he and his fiance’, Ms. Michi Nogami-Campbell were having a discussion,” the report states. “Mr. Marshall advised that the discussion became intense and Ms. Campbell attempted to walk away.”

Marshall told police that he feared for Nogami-Campbell’s safety since she was from Orlando and wasn’t familiar with Atlanta, and that he was trying to convince his fiance’ to return to his residence.

According to the incident report, an Atlanta police officer saw the two walking on Centennial Park Drive when “they became physical and engaged in a fight, kicking and punching each other on the sidewalk.”

The officer “observed Mr. Marshall grab Ms. Nogami-Campbell by her shirt and pin her up against the wall, and at this time Ms. Nogami-Campbell then began kicking and hitting Mr. Marshall.”

Marshall and Nogami-Campbell were each charged with disorderly conduct and taken to the city jail. Charges were dropped against both Monday morning, according to the city solicitor’s office.

Before the charge was dropped, Marshall had been facing the possibility of a lengthy suspension from the NFL for violating the league’s personal conduct code.

Marshall was suspended for a game last year for repeated run-ins with the law. He was looking at perhaps a suspension of eight games or more.

The Associated Press contributed to this article.

honz
03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
The fact that the charges were dropped so quickly is a good sign. Hopefully Marshall has a really good explanation for Goodell.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 01:44 PM
dumb de dumb dumb

wow will this knuckle head ever get it straight..

just went from All Pro to an un-trade-able moron in a heartbeat..

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM

Oh I'm well aware of that little fact.

weazel
03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
doesnt matter if the charges were dropped and we dont know the details of what happpened. This guy continually finds himself in the middle of trouble. He has not learned to keep out of trouble and is showing immaturity.

Heck, this whole freaking team is showing immaturity. We look like the F'n raiders

broncos9697
03-02-2009, 04:48 PM
All charges against marshall have been dropped..
His att. said he should have never been charged in the first place..So no suspension for this...thats good news for all bronco fans

claymore
03-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Trade him./

LRtagger
03-02-2009, 04:50 PM
OMG did you hear the news about how we tried to trade Cutler??????????????????

Den21vsBal19
03-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Maybe it wasnt his ex's fault....

Fight with fiancée led to ex-UCF star Brandon Marshall's arrest (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2009/03/fight-with-fianc%C3%A9e-led-to-exucf-star-brandon-marshalls-arrest.html)

Another domestic violence incident led to former UCF star Brandon Marshall's arrest Sunday morning in Atlanta. Marshall, a Pro Bowl receiver for the Denver Broncos, has had a history of domestic violence problems and served a one-game suspension last season for violating the NFL's conduct policy.

Municipal Judge Clinton Deveaux dismissed the latest case after Marshall and his fiance, Michi Leshase Nogami-Campbell, both of whom were charged with disorderly conduct, refused to testify against each other.

Despite being in the clear from a legal standpoint, the Pro Bowl receiver might still be disciplined for repeated violations of the league's personal conduct code, which gives commissioner Roger Goodell the authority to punish players.

"We will (still) look into it," league spokesman Greg Aiello told The Associated Press on Monday after the case against Marshall was dropped.

Marshall was banned from the opener following seven police-related incidents with his former girlfriend. If he's penalized again, it will likely be for much longer. Repeat offenders of the league's conduct policy, such as Tank Johnson and Chris Henry, have received eight-game suspensions. Adam "Pacman" Jones was suspended for the 2007 season after repeated run-ins with the law.

According to the police report, Marshall got into a heated argument early Sunday morning at his home in Atlanta with Nogami-Campbell.

Marshall told officers that he feared for his fiance's safety when she tried to leave his house because she's from Orlando, Fla., and isn't familiar with the city of Atlanta.

While police looked on, the argument escalated and Marshall and his fiance began kicking and punching each other on the sidewalk outside his home, according to the report.

Neither one needed medical attention, and both of them were arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and taken to the Atlanta City Jail about 6 a.m. Sunday. They posted bond about five hours later and were ordered to court Monday morning, where charges against both were dismissed.

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 10:56 PM

I love how ESPN can turn a simple story into a frickin soap opera. They start with his arrest, followed by the dismissal, then assail into his past brushes with the law, his 'tv' episode, his dropped passes, his contract, his ex, his fiance....and follow it up with Cutler's saga.

Damn! They must be trying to save bandwidth. :tsk:

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I love how ESPN can turn a simple story into a frickin soap opera. They start with his arrest, followed by the dismissal, then assail into his past brushes with the law, his 'tv' episode, his dropped passes, his contract, his ex, his fiance....and follow it up with Cutler's saga.

If you're going to complain about something at least know the source.

ESPN never put a reporter on it. The Associated Press, the Atlanta Constitution-Journal and the Denver Post did.

But an astute observation, for sure.

rcsodak
03-02-2009, 11:08 PM
If you're going to complain about something at least know the source.

ESPN never put a reporter on it. The Associated Press, the Atlanta Constitution-Journal and the Denver Post did.

But an astute observation, for sure.

I could give two shits who the "source" was. I saw the link, highlighted in read, and used it. My point is still the same. So shoot me.:coffee:

NameUsedBefore
03-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Drop this Origami babe already, yeesh.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 11:20 PM
I could give two shits who the "source" was. I saw the link, highlighted in read, and used it. My point is still the same. So shoot me.:coffee:

No, actually its not. Your point was attacking ESPN, and that had no basis in fact.

The facts also remain that he WAS arrested. He DID spend time in jail, and then the charges were dropped. There is a story, whether you like it or not.

Poet
03-02-2009, 11:26 PM

I think it's good coverage. They start with the story now, they follow it, they show you his past, his play, his contract, and his past life.

A casual fan who knows who Brandon Marshall is only from highlight reels and maybe a few games here and there will now know a lot more.

GEM
03-03-2009, 02:11 AM

Was Pacman ever officially charged with anything?

Poet
03-03-2009, 03:00 AM

You get due process when your pattern of behavior isn't that of Marshall's, Henry's or Pacman's.

Not sure how Jared Allen is eating some suspension time though.:shocked: