PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's trade value

weazel
01-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Im not being a smartass or trying to bait anyone into an argument, I want a valid discussion about this.

Do you think Tebow's play this season was good enough to maybe get some teams interested in him enough to trade for him? What kind of value do you think we could get for him?

chazoe60
01-15-2012, 04:14 PM
He's untradeable because of the hype and fanatacism that comes with him. Any team that acquired him would instany have an unwanted QB controversy. He's a Bronco and he's going to have a full offseason and a season as the opening day starter to prove he deserves to be a Bronco for the next decade.

If he flames out next year then he can be traded or released without too much controversy but right now because of the fact he took over a 1-4 team and got them to the divisional round of the playoffs he is unmoveable.

Nomad
01-15-2012, 04:17 PM
I believe Jacksonville would bite. They're starving to fill the stadium.

Though, I don't see Tebow going anywhere

bcbronc
01-15-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't know if the JAX rumours are even rumours or just message board speculation, but it makes sense on a lot of levels, on and off the field.

Tebow for all his faults, looked a heck of a lot better than Gabbert. New owner wanting to make a splash, yadda yadda yadda.

If RGIII was available, and JAX was interested, and EFX wanted to go in another direction, that might make sense.

As for his over all value, probably a 2nd-3rd rounder, depending on the team. I don't see many teams other than JAX being willing to give up a #1, and I wouldn't trade Tebow for less than that. I don't think his trade value is high enough to make dealing him worth while. Even if EFX wants to develop a more conventional passing QB, Tebow can be an effective package player.

weazel
01-15-2012, 04:21 PM
the Jax thing is what I was thinking too, and if we were able to get RGIII that would be killer!

chazoe60
01-15-2012, 04:22 PM
I don't think Mularkey is going to want anything to do with Tebow. Just a guess.

Nomad
01-15-2012, 04:25 PM
I don't think Mularkey is going to want anything to do with Tebow. Just a guess.

Perhaps but I wonder how much influence the owner would have if he pushed hard enough....revenue speaks volumes

rjent
01-15-2012, 04:29 PM
you may not be a smart ass but you are a weazel. :D

what the hell are you thinking? why are you even asking? do you not remember how difficult it is to find a PLAYER that has the drive that tim does? he isn't going anywhere.for that personally I am thankful

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

weazel
01-15-2012, 04:30 PM

what the hell are you thinking? why are you even asking? do you not remember how difficult it is to find a PLAYER that has the drive that tim does? he isn't going anywhere.for that personally I am thankful

you should watch the games.

topscribe
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM

It takes more than drive, my friend.

It takes an arm . . .

Timmy!
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
This thread stinks of fail. Please refer to chazoes post for the correct answer.

camdisco24
01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Too early to say really. After we see what he does next season, since he has earned that much, then his true value will be revealed. Most teams would be afraid to take him for football reasons right now, maybe Jax would bite for the $$$ but even that seems doubtful right now.

Tebow will be a Bronco next season.

jlarsiii
01-15-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't think he will be traded, but not for the reasons others have posted. To me, it is easy to see the many, many faults of Tebow as a QB. No one is going to want to trade for a project that is Tebow. There are a lot of things to fix with him, and I am not sure that some of his deficiencies can be fixed.

Who would trade for that? No one, and that is without even considering the mania circus that surrounds him.

We are stuck with him until he flames out...

weazel
01-15-2012, 04:44 PM

yeah... rudy had drive. :lol:

underrated29
01-15-2012, 04:47 PM
His value is worth at least a first...Id say a first and a 3rd honestly speaking.

WHY?

Well, first of all the Broncos are Not going to trade tebow. Its never going to happen so some team would really have to make us an offer we cant refuse.

His play this year taking a 1-4 team who most of you thought was in the suck for luck race to 3 wins shy of the superbowl also warrants a higher pick.

Then of course there is his work ethic, his personality where he wont get into off field trouble, his amazing leadership qualities and the fact that he Literally makes the Entire team around him better. offense and defense. I do not see how any team could pry him away for less than a 1 and a 3.

Which also would probably put him out of reach for other teams but lets face it, the broncos are not going to be trading him anyway so its just like what the packers could get for rodgers....They can get more for rodgers then what anyteam will be willing to pay.

Nomad
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Too early to say really. After we see what he does next season, since he has earned that much, then his true value will be revealed. Most teams would be afraid to take him for football reasons right now, maybe Jax would bite for the $$$ but even that seems doubtful right now.

Tebow will be a Bronco next season.

Yeah, I want Tebow to get his offseason and Elway's willing to work with him, but the only thing I disagree is that he is unmovable. For the right price, any player is movable. Jacksonville would be the only place where they'd get more bang for their buck but they'd have to be really desperate.

weazel
01-15-2012, 04:57 PM
His value is worth at least a first...Id say a first and a 3rd honestly speaking.

WHY?

Well, first of all the Broncos are Not going to trade tebow. Its never going to happen so some team would really have to make us an offer we cant refuse.

His play this year taking a 1-4 team who most of you thought was in the suck for luck race to 3 wins shy of the superbowl also warrants a higher pick.

Then of course there is his work ethic, his personality where he wont get into off field trouble, his amazing leadership qualities and the fact that he Literally makes the Entire team around him better. offense and defense. I do not see how any team could pry him away for less than a 1 and a 3.

Which also would probably put him out of reach for other teams but lets face it, the broncos are not going to be trading him anyway so its just like what the packers could get for rodgers....They can get more for rodgers then what anyteam will be willing to pay.

thats too bad, because when he doesnt get any better next season and they end up 4-12, they wont get anything for him.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 05:00 PM
thats too bad, because when he doesnt get any better next season and they end up 4-12, they wont get anything for him.

You ALMOST had me fooled into believing this was a serious, unbiased thread/question. And then I read this.

camdisco24
01-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I want Tebow to get his offseason and Elway's willing to work with him, but the only thing I disagree is that he is unmovable. For the right price, any player is movable. Jacksonville would be the only place where they'd get more bang for their buck but they'd have to be really desperate.

True any player is movable, but realistically Tebow probably isn't right now. Jax would have to be desperate, but I guess they are getting pretty close to that judging by their ticket sales. :lol:

Nomad
01-15-2012, 05:03 PM
True any player is movable, but realistically Tebow probably isn't right now. Jax would have to be desperate, but I guess they are getting pretty close to that judging by their ticket sales. :lol:

And that's what I'm getting at.

underrated29
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM

I'll bet ya!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2012, 05:11 PM
I don't want the Broncos to trade Tebow

weazel
01-15-2012, 05:12 PM
You ALMOST had me fooled into believing this was a serious, unbiased thread/question. And then I read this.

Im not being serious because I dont see him getting any better?

catfish
01-15-2012, 05:13 PM
The FO CAN"T trade Tebow. If they do and the team goes 4-12 again it will be a disaster. Even if they go 8-8 and miss the playoffs it will be a big deal. All you will hear is "Tebow would have been winning, at least he wins games" The only way they can trade him and come up ahead would be if Denver went deep into the playoffs next year, I personally don't see that happening. Tebow is going to either succeed or flame out in Denver next year, there is no other option that wouldn't be a huge risk for the FO next year.

weazel
01-15-2012, 05:16 PM
The FO CAN"T trade Tebow. If they do and the team goes 4-12 again it will be a disaster. Even if they go 8-8 and miss the playoffs it will be a big deal. All you will hear is "Tebow would have been winning, at least he wins games" The only way they can trade him and come up ahead would be if Denver went deep into the playoffs next year, I personally don't see that happening. Tebow is going to either succeed or flame out in Denver next year, there is no other option that wouldn't be a huge risk for the FO next year.

The day a GM or coach starts listening to the fans is the day he starts losing his job.

silkamilkamonico

Was how you phrased it. I was actually thinking the exact same thing wayninja posted when I saw yours, before I even saw his post.

catfish
The day a GM or coach starts listening to the fans is the day he starts losing his job.

Another reason Tebow will be here

Nomad
01-15-2012, 05:17 PM

Not many people do.....they want to see want he can do after another offseason to develop.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 05:18 PM

I have no idea if you are serious or not. What I have no doubt of now, is whether or not you are trying to stir shit up

Dzone
01-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Hahaha...Rudy Rudy Rudy!

weazel
Was how you phrased it. I was actually thinking the exact same thing wayninja posted when I saw yours, before I even saw his post.

I just think at this moment that his trade value would be the highest it will ever be. I dont see him getting better, he just doesnt see the field, thats not really teachable. If they could get a great deal for him, do it!

DenBronx

You just killed your own thread.

Would have been nice to have a serious debate about it.

I will still give my honest opinion. Fans will revolt if he is traded but if EFX truly thinks they can get someone better then I see them doing it regardless of the fans feelings. If they did then it would take more than a 1st round draft pick. Maybe at least a 1st, 3rd and a player. Tebow brings excitement, hope, packs stadiums, ratings and makes the team around him believe. My thoughts are he will only get much better as an NFL QB as time goes on. I didnt expect him to win the SB this year but I think with the right team around him he could.

The only rookie QB I would want would be Andrew Luck. That's the only move that would justify dealing Tebow. Even if RG3 could be had, I would still rather see Tebow as our QB. So, trading him wouldnt make much sense unless we had a plan to take a risk on Peyton Manning maybe.

But yeah, I could see a full on riot by the fans.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2012, 05:22 PM

It is a touchy subjuect and I agree. On the flip side, if Tebow has any more games like KC, New England, Detroit, and even some of the games he did win, the doubters are going to increase like a virus, because he won't have that lack of offseason excuse.

There are QB's who have bad games in the NFL, and then there is Tebow bad. He has literally set a precedence of a whole new level of bad.

"The QB wasn't just bad, he was 6-22 Tebow bad!"

Nomad
Another question is and what was brought up by Stink on his radio show.....will any QB coming in have a legitimate chance of competing with Tebow due to the fans. I guess it would be worse in Jacksonville.

madmanbryan
It would be a riot for sure..
I wouldnt trade tebow at all
He isnt the best..but damn,give him a full season

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2012, 05:24 PM
I just think at this moment that his trade value would be the highest it will ever be. I dont see him getting better, he just doesnt see the field, thats not really teachable. If they could get a great deal for him, do it!

I understand, but when you say "when he doesn't get any better", it's laying a definitive foundation, and since that foundation hasn't even been close to being laid, it comes across as entirely subjective and biased.

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 05:26 PM
It takes more than drive, my friend.

It takes an arm . . .
....and a quick mind.

Nothing against TT, but as a qb, he doesnt seem to perform "quickly" at anything. Slow to read, slow to react, slow to diagnose, and slow to release.

Other than that, a GREAT human being, and in elway's own words, "a great football player".

He could be denvers own Gronk or hernandez....with an option to pass in his reportoire.

DenBronx
01-15-2012, 05:26 PM
It would be a riot for sure..
I wouldnt trade tebow at all
He isnt the best..but damn,give him a full season

He's not a rookie anymore. Next year he will have no excuses and no fluke fumbles that go his way. He's going to have to not only dress like a pro QB but play like a pro QB. There were way too many games were he just looked terrible but he also had many games that shocked the **** out of me.

Either way, he deserves the right to be the starter for the Broncos next year.

weazel
01-15-2012, 05:27 PM
....and a quick mind.

Nothing against TT, but as a qb, he doesnt seem to perform "quickly" at anything. Slow to read, slow to react, slow to diagnose, and slow to release.

Other than that, a GREAT human being, and in elway's own words, "a great football player".

He could be denvers own Gronk or hernandez....with an option to pass in his reportoire.

I was under the assumption he doesnt want to play any other position

catfish
01-15-2012, 05:28 PM
It is a touchy subjuect and I agree. On the flip side, if Tebow has any more games like KC, New England, Detroit, and even some of the games he did win, the doubters are going to increase like a virus, because he won't have that lack of offseason excuse.

There are QB's who have bad games in the NFL, and then there is Tebow bad. He has literally set a precedence of a whole new level of bad.

"The QB wasn't just bad, he was 6-22 Tebow bad!"

Oh I agree, if he is still struggling next year it will be easier to oust him...just can't do it now is all I am saying. NOt even saying if he struggles after 5 games they shouldn't sit him, but the absolute worst thing that could happen to the FO is trading Tebow going 4-12 and the team he goes to making the playoffs

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Carol, in your heart of hearts, do you Honestly feel he can take this team to the SB and win it? In a passing league? With split second decisions needed?

madmanbryan
01-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I stand behind him,and im sure next season will be good
I know he has an arm,just gotta protect him and let him use it
But i dont know how long elway would keep him around
If he has a bad season next year

NightTerror218
01-15-2012, 05:39 PM
I dont see him going anywhere this season, next season he could be. But the fan base boomed with him and interest in the team is very high. I dont think they will try to move him, could really upset fans.

His trade value would be a 2nd or 3rd. He did not stand out performance wise while being consistent. But the fact that is just finished his SECOND year and the how well he did play in some games like steelers, he could go high. IMO he played well for a 2nd year player. His value should be high right now and with an offseason he could get groomed by a team for any system.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Carol, in your heart of hearts, do you Honestly feel he can take this team to the SB and win it? In a passing league? With split second decisions needed?

There are very few starting quarterbacks right now, who have a remote chance of putting their team on their back, and win a SB; however, any starting quarterback, with a solid team around him, has the chance to not only go to the SB, but win it. Tim did make progress this year, and I feel he will only get better - I am one who wants the chance to wait and see.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2012, 05:43 PM
I stand behind him,and im sure next season will be good
I know he has an arm,just gotta protect him and let him use it
But i dont know how long elway would keep him around
If he has a bad season next year

Like any young QB in their 3rd season who will have 2 years under their belt, he can't really afford to have a bad season next year.

It's games like last night that make it so concerning about him. QB's can have bad games. Especially young QB's who are still in that developmental process. But good lord when Tebow is bad, he is absolutely awful. It looks like the game moves far too fast for him.

Even some games Denver won with him, he was terrible 99% of the game.

nevcraw
01-15-2012, 05:48 PM

i knew this was sham thread..

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 05:50 PM
I understand, but when you say "when he doesn't get any better", it's laying a definitive foundation, and since that foundation hasn't even been close to being laid, it comes across as entirely subjective and biased.
How DARE a poster have a nonconforming opinion.

NightTerror218
01-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Like any young QB in their 3rd season who will have 2 years under their belt, he can't really afford to have a bad season next year.

It's games like last night that make it so concerning about him. QB's can have bad games. Especially young QB's who are still in that developmental process. But good lord when Tebow is bad, he is absolutely awful. It looks like the game moves far too fast for him.

Even some games Denver won with him, he was terrible 99% of the game.

he was not the only one But this is his first real offseason. It is time to see what he can do and progress. He has a whole season under his belt and he has coaches at his disposal. He needs to work with them and not alone. If he tries to do it alone again this offseason I might as well write him off and look towards barkley and jones in 2013. I think he has done enough in his 2nd season to earn his 3rd season as starter.

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 05:54 PM
I was under the assumption he doesnt want to play any other position
I've never heard that, weazel. He's said he 'loves playing qb for the broncos', but he's also said he'll 'do or play wherever they want me to to help the team win'.(paraphrasing, of course)

rjent
01-15-2012, 05:56 PM
There are very few starting quarterbacks right now, who have a remote chance of putting their team on their back, and win a SB; however, any starting quarterback, with a solid team around him, has the chance to not only go to the SB, but win it. Tim did make progress this year, and I feel he will only get better - I am one who wants the chance to wait and see.

outstanding post. we have played the QB shell game for over a decade. TT has won everywhere he has played. instead of getting yet another unknown. we need to find out what we have. all of these arguments were said about Elway.
I know no childish smart ass comeback. that is just the way I see it. rudy comment or no.

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 05:57 PM
K. Thanks for the honesty. And i agree it takes a whole team.....but if your #1 position on the offensive side isnt the qb, well....

:cheers: heres to improvement!

underrated29
01-15-2012, 06:03 PM

That's nice you think that.

Luckily our coaches and scouts aren't so blind.

NightTerror218
01-15-2012, 06:05 PM

Lucky his just a fan. They also see an entire locker room behind him. Many players were speaking on his behalf yesterday and today. TT won over the locker room and has full Vet support also. That will also weigh in on EFX decisions. But IMO they finally get time to work him over the offseason and see what he is capable of doing in the terms of improvement is intense coaching.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2012, 06:19 PM
K. Thanks for the honesty. And i agree it takes a whole team.....but if your #1 position on the offensive side isnt the qb, well....

:cheers: heres to improvement!

Ken Stabler, Jim Plunkett, Jim McMahon, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson all won SBs. IMO, they were not the reason their teams won the SB. Were they all considered the #1 position on the offensive side of the teams they played for???

Our team should be a perfect example - #7 carried three teams to the SB on his back, and lost. When there was a solid team around him, #7, along with the solid team around him, won two SBs.

Nomad
01-15-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't believe rc can disagree with that, Carol.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 06:35 PM
I don't want him traded. At all.

Chef Zambini
01-15-2012, 06:53 PM
....and a quick mind.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forumsBINGO! its not just his arm and the inaccuracy.
he cant read defenses, before or after the snap.
he cant maintain hius composure. He needs a custom, creative play-book and formations and personnel to fit his strengths and diminish his weaknesses.
he will NEVER be an NFL quality passer, the type needed for the new millenium, and therefore he also needs an accompanying DEFENSE, even better than the leagues best 49ers, who couldn't hold the saints under 30 !
far too many components requireds to make tebow a viable option at QB. having said that, the jags would give up their #1 in a heart beat for timmy!
and JE would be a fool not to take it 'cause next year, tim wont be any better and his value will plummet.
great human, incompetent NFL QB, sorry.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 07:09 PM
The good outweighs the bad. He helped our team win. He manhandled the number one defense in the NFL in his first ever playoff game. Why are we so quick to turn our backs on him?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2012, 07:27 PM
I definitely am willing to wait to see what Tim can do. In regards to him not being able to read defenses, I have heard many of his postgame, and weekly interviews, where he will be ask what the opposing team was doing on defense on a particular play, and he could tell you everything.

I watched Brees yesterday and Rogers today, and they are both making major mistakes, and both are considered by most as "elite quarterbacks".

Northman
01-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Strangely enough i dont think he has much trade value. Mainly for some of the reasons people have mentioned. The media circus around him would turn organizations off, i know Fox and Elway would of rather not had it this year. Secondly, there is still questions as too whether or not he can be a consistent passer in this league. He's plays very well one game, flops in another. So while his leadership and hard work is something a team would love there are just as many negative things that come with that also. Right now i dont think any team would want to take a risk on that after watching what happened in Denver.

Medford Bronco
01-15-2012, 07:52 PM
I believe Jacksonville would bite. They're starving to fill the stadium.

Though, I don't see Tebow going anywhere

That is the only trade that I could envision. It is not likely.

A 3rd round pick maybe.

Nomad
01-15-2012, 07:55 PM
That is the only trade that I could envision. It is not likely.

A 3rd round pick maybe.

Like I said, Jacksonville would have to be desperate and it would have to be the owner pushing it mainly because he sees dollar signs and a full stadium.

Chef Zambini
01-15-2012, 08:06 PM
The good outweighs the bad. He helped our team win. He manhandled the number one defense in the NFL in his first ever playoff game. Why are we so quick to turn our backs on him?please people, lets stop calling the steelers we faced the #1 defense in the league.
They were depleated, and they outsmarted themselves in their defensive approach.
Big ben was a crippled shadow of himself, and if you want to be real, remind yourself that the PATS have the WORST rated defense in the NFL, and how we looked against them.
worst/ first/ yada....yada.
Our own defense stinks, and our offense , oh well.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2012, 08:12 PM
The good outweighs the bad. He helped our team win. He manhandled the number one defense in the NFL in his first ever playoff game. Why are we so quick to turn our backs on him?

On the flipside of him manhandling the number one defense, he got completely manhandled, and embarrassed, against the 31st ranked defense.

This is the thing. Nobody expected us to beat the Patriots. Hell, I would venture to say the majority of Denver fans didn't think we could win because of Brady. But to sit and watch him piss all over himself like that the entire game was f'n embarrassing as a Bronco fan. I mean good gosh could you have at least competed?

weazel
01-15-2012, 08:44 PM

Get over yourself

weazel
01-15-2012, 08:45 PM

i knew this was sham thread..

I'm wrong?
If he looks the same next year he will be worth nothing

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 08:51 PM
please people, lets stop calling the steelers we faced the #1 defense in the league.
They were depleated, and they outsmarted themselves in their defensive approach.
Big ben was a crippled shadow of himself, and if you want to be real, remind yourself that the PATS have the WORST rated defense in the NFL, and how we looked against them.
worst/ first/ yada....yada.
Our own defense stinks, and our offense , oh well.

Like Dumervil said. They got injuries. We got injuries. Everybody has injuries.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 08:53 PM
On the flipside of him manhandling the number one defense, he got completely manhandled, and embarrassed, against the 31st ranked defense.

This is the thing. Nobody expected us to beat the Patriots. Hell, I would venture to say the majority of Denver fans didn't think we could win because of Brady. But to sit and watch him piss all over himself like that the entire game was f'n embarrassing as a Bronco fan. I mean good gosh could you have at least competed?

Piss all over himself? Why in the hell are we still running the ball for negative yards while down by 5 TDs? Why not spread the field and goto shotgun? We never attempted to establish a passing game against New England.

weazel
01-15-2012, 08:56 PM

Piss all over himself? Why in the hell are we still running the ball for negative yards while down by 5 TDs? Why not spread the field and goto shotgun? We never attempted to establish a passing game against New England.

Lol the game was over, run the ball and keep the clock moving
Get the hell out of dodge, letting Timmy throw the ball into the stands wasn't going to do anything to change the outcome

Dreadnought
01-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Ken Stabler, Jim Plunkett, Jim McMahon, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson all won SBs. IMO, they were not the reason their teams won the SB. Were they all considered the #1 position on the offensive side of the teams they played for???

Our team should be a perfect example - #7 carried three teams to the SB on his back, and lost. When there was a solid team around him, #7, along with the solid team around him, won two SBs.

Drew Brees and Aaron Rogers will be watching the Superbowl, just like me. Two of the greatest QB seasons in NFL history, gone, just like Tim Tebow, because their own teams were not complete football teams and had glaring flaws that eventually were exposed. Just like ours, if not as dramatic. You don't win SB's without a complete solid football team. Mr. Fox? Mr. Elway? Mr. Xanders? Please build us a solid team, one that includes a pass defense, and a fast pass catching TE, and a good RB under the age of 25, and some pass blocking, and a legit MLB, and more DT depth. Please. I am begging. Build this team RIGHT this time. We have some useful parts. keep them and build upon them. Don not waste all of our time blowing this thing up already. Someone else said it, don't make us the Rocky Mt. version of the Raiders, which is what we would become if we even thought about a QB in the first few rounds.

jlarsiii
01-15-2012, 09:04 PM

The answer should be obvious. Spread the field with who? Thomas, Royal, and Willis don't exactly strike fear in secondaries especially with an inaccurate QB. It is not like they would go cover zero and give any WR a chance to burn them deep.

Timmy's only true strength on offense this year was the option, and if you take that away from him then you are really screwing him over. AND you would have given NE even more offensive possessions.

Finally, all I have to say is Detroit. Remember that game? Tebow couldn't run that type of offense so they had no choice but to stick with the offense that got them as far as it did. We don't have the QB to spread teams out and shred them with the pass...

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 09:08 PM
The answer should be obvious. Spread the field with who? Thomas, Royal, and Willis don't exactly strike fear in secondaries especially with an inaccurate QB. It is not like they would go cover zero and give any WR a chance to burn them deep.

Timmy's only true strength on offense this year was the option, and if you take that away from him then you are really screwing him over. AND you would have given NE even more offensive possessions.

Finally, all I have to say is Detroit. Remember that game? Tebow couldn't run that type of offense so they had no choice but to stick with the offense that got them as far as it did. We don't have the QB to spread teams out and shred them with the pass...
How many times did we run the option against Pittsburgh.

I'm sorry if run the ball and give up isn't good enough to me.

jlarsiii
01-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Drew Brees and Aaron Rogers will be watching the Superbowl, just like me. Two of the greatest QB seasons in NFL history, gone, just like Tim Tebow, because their own teams were not complete football teams and had glaring flaws that eventually were exposed. Just like ours, if not as dramatic. You don't win SB's without a complete solid football team. Mr. Fox? Mr. Elway? Mr. Xanders? Please build us a solid team, one that includes a pass defense, and a fast pass catching TE, and a good RB under the age of 25, and some pass blocking, and a legit MLB, and more DT depth. Please. I am begging. Build this team RIGHT this time. We have some useful parts. keep them and build upon them. Don not waste all of our time blowing this thing up already. Someone else said it, don't make us the Rocky Mt. version of the Raiders, which is what we would become if we even thought about a QB in the first few rounds.

Dread, I don't agree. Both Rodgers, and Brees, had stud TEs and as you said both are now watching the rest of the playoffs. Winning is more then just having "all the right pieces".

I think it is bordering on highly foolish to not draft a QB somewhat early in the draft. We have who backing him up after this offseason? Exactly. Now your thought is bring in a late round pick, some developmental QB that needs a lot of work, to back up the developmental QB that needs a lot of work that is our current starter. I don't get that train of thought at all.

Maybe Tebow works out and maybe he doesn't, but if our FO doesn't cover their asses for the latter then we will all likely be looking at a new regime soon which means the rebuilding process will start all over again.

I am not sold on Tebow, and I want someone else to develop sooner rather then later.

No vet QB in his right mind will come here this offseason so we will have little choice but to draft one and I would rather have a QB who isn't camp fodder.

topscribe
01-15-2012, 09:11 PM

Give them an accurate QB, and I'm sure you would see a different receiving corps . . .

Nomad
01-15-2012, 09:13 PM

I'm 99% sure they're gonna try and do this and build a team around Tebow, but there's always that 1% if there is a deal too good to pass up.

jlarsiii
01-15-2012, 09:16 PM
How many times did we run the option against Pittsburgh.

I'm sorry if run the ball and give up isn't good enough to me.

I can't help you if you see us running the only offensive plays we were successful at through the season as giving up...

I can't get my mind around thinking that running the passing game with a QB that can't throw would somehow have changed the game yesterday when we were down by 28 points at halftime. That version of Tebow that overcomes large 2nd half deficits by throwing the ball a lot doesn't exist...

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Denver fans will only be happy with an elite QB. So make a trade for Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or someone of that nature. Other than that, forget about it.

catfish
01-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Dread, I don't agree. Both Rodgers, and Brees, had stud TEs and as you said both are now watching the rest of the playoffs. Winning is more then just having "all the right pieces".

I think it is bordering on highly foolish to not draft a QB somewhat early in the draft. We have who backing him up after this offseason? Exactly. Now your thought is bring in a late round pick, some developmental QB that needs a lot of work, to back up the developmental QB that needs a lot of work that is our current starter. I don't get that train of thought at all.

Maybe Tebow works out and maybe he doesn't, but if our FO doesn't cover their asses for the latter then we will all likely be looking at a new regime soon which means the rebuilding process will start all over again.

I am not sold on Tebow, and I want someone else to develop sooner rather then later.

No vet QB in his right mind will come here this offseason so we will have little choice but to draft one and I would rather have a QB who isn't camp fodder.

Unless you are planning on the QB being a franchise guy 1st to 3rd round pick would be a wasted pick. What are you going to do pick a QB just to have one, then pick another one next year who will be the franchise guy? I can see them getting one 4th-6th round, or signing a FA. If Tebow tanks next year they will be set up to draft high first round and get their franchise guy.

This team can't afford to make picks they "might" need, they have way to many spots they definatley need.

jlarsiii
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Denver fans will only be happy with an elite QB. So make a trade for Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or someone of that nature. Other than that, forget about it.

It's not that. Some of us are a little more pessimistic about Tebow's chances of developing into a a solid starting QB for this club.

It doesn't mean that he can't or won't do that. There is doubt because of what was displayed throughout this season, and people can make excuses all they want or they can face that truth. He may, or may not, develop into what we need him to be.

I don't like to make excuses for his play, and my own observations of his body of work leave me really doubting at this point. I worry that Tebow will suck balls next season and this whole thing will blow up in our faces thereby putting us back a few more years in rebuilding...

jlarsiii
01-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Unless you are planning on the QB being a franchise guy 1st to 3rd round pick would be a wasted pick. What are you going to do pick a QB just to have one, then pick another one next year who will be the franchise guy? I can see them getting one 4th-6th round, or signing a FA. If Tebow tanks next year they will be set up to draft high first round and get their franchise guy.

This team can't afford to make picks they "might" need, they have way to many spots they definatley need.

I don't know, but I think every QB that is drafted by a team is in the hope that they will be the franchise guy no matter where they are drafted. I don't see drafting QB as a "might need". We have one QB we know for sure that will be on the roster for next year, and he likes to run the ball and take hits. He looked like he got injured towards the end of the game in what was his 13th start this season.

I agree that we have a lot of needs, but to exclude QB as one of them is not sound considering the facts.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 09:30 PM
It's not that. Some of us are a little more pessimistic about Tebow's chances of developing into a a solid starting QB for this club.

It doesn't mean that he can't or won't do that. There is doubt because of what was displayed throughout this season, and people can make excuses all they want or they can face that truth. He may, or may not, develop into what we need him to be.

I don't like to make excuses for his play, and my own observations of his body of work leave me really doubting at this point. I worry that Tebow will suck balls next season and this whole thing will blow up in our faces thereby putting us back a few more years in rebuilding...

There are just as many excuses for his positives. It was Jesus. It was because of injuries. Etc.

His positives outweigh his negatives. His wins outweigh his losses. I think he at least deserves a good offseason with the first team offense.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2012, 10:01 PM
There are just as many excuses for his positives. It was Jesus. It was because of injuries. Etc.

Tebow haters use that as an excuse.

Tebow lovers use the Wr's, the oline, and Mike McCoy to excuse his 9-22 performances.

Again. The guy can't even complete 50% of his passes in the NFL. That is unheard of nowadays. Even Blaine f'n Gabbert can complete 50% of his passes.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2012, 10:04 PM

Because every time we tried that Tebow got sacked. You cannot establish a passing game with Tebow. He isn't that kind of QB. He's an all or nothing QB.

Say what you want about McCoy, or the oline, but Tebow doesn't help the situation when he holds on to the ball. The pass protection was fine. Tebow waiting 6 seconds in the pocket to make a decision is not.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 10:05 PM

Tebow lovers use the Wr's, the oline, and Mike McCoy to excuse his 9-22 performances.

Again. The guy can't even complete 50% of his passes in the NFL. That is unheard of nowadays. Even Blaine f'n Gabbert can complete 50% of his passes.

People are assuming we are this 8-8 team with or without Tebow. We're not. How much of an impact did Gabbert make in Jacksonville?

I'm not saying Tebow is a great QB. I'm saying people need to shut the hell up and be patient.

Dreadnought
01-15-2012, 10:06 PM

Good Lord - Completion % is totally irrelevant. I care just as much about his Astrological sign as I do his Completion %. Yards per attempt? Yards per completeion? Those matter. TT now owns the NFL record for those two stats in a playoff game based on his brilliant performance v. the Steelers. His YPA and YPC then sucked against the Patriots

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Because every time we tried that Tebow got sacked. You cannot establish a passing game with Tebow. He isn't that kind of QB. He's an all or nothing QB.

Say what you want about McCoy, or the oline, but Tebow doesn't help the situation when he holds on to the ball. The pass protection was fine. Tebow waiting 6 seconds in the pocket to make a decision is not.

We have Rookie guarding his blindside. Franklin, and this team, needs time.

chazoe60
01-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Give them an accurate QB, and I'm sure you would see a different receiving corps . . .
Yes Tebow has some serious accracy issues but I don't even want to think of how many passes I saw go off of our WRs hands this season. Our WRs have to improve. So does Tebow. It's just like McCoy has to improve. Every facet of this team needs to improve.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
People are assuming we are this 8-8 team with or without Tebow. We're not. How much of an impact did Gabbert make in Jacksonville?

I'm not saying Tebow is a great QB. I'm saying people need to shut the hell up and be patient.

Be patient as in 1-2 seasons yea.

We had a nice year under Tebow. I am not going to sit here and pretend he has alot of positive assets. I'm also not going to sit here and pretend that if we weren't literally 5 plays away from being a 3-13 team, and that's a fact.

We won 5 games with him playing absolutely shitty QB play 95% of the time. We can most certainly thank the defense for keeping us in those games and giving him a chance at the end.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2012, 10:11 PM
We have Rookie guarding his blindside. Franklin, and this team, needs time.

Franklin played phenomenal this year in pass protection most of the time. It most certainly was not an issue, other than moments throughout the year like it is with every oline.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Good Lord - Completion % is totally irrelevant. I care just as much about his Astrological sign as I do his Completion %. Yards per attempt? Yards per completeion? Those matter. TT now owns the NFL record for those two stats in a playoff game based on his brilliant performance v. the Steelers. His YPA and YPC then sucked against the Patriots

Do you care about the fact that if it wasn't for 5 drives we would have been a 3-13 season?

I certainly care that he was an absolute embarrassment against the 31st ranked defense yesterday, that's for sure.

He had a great game against the Steelers. It was awesome. I would just like to see games like that a little more often.

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 10:16 PM

Like i said, it takes a team.
But frankly, i have a feeling none of those examples were as bad at the position of qb as TT is.
Agree?
I mean, throw a rush at him, and he's a 30% completion waiting to happen. And sometimes i wish he WAS a feinting goat. At least then the sacks wouldnt be for double digits in yards lost.

Right now, i'd take any one of those guys. :D

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM

"manhandled"?

That was a beatup team with a DC that out-thunk himself.
Pure and simple.

Evidently he didnt watch NE/KC/Buff games....or just continues to think he's the best in the land.

Medford Bronco
01-15-2012, 10:21 PM

Best post on here. :salute:

Medford Bronco
01-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Be patient as in 1-2 seasons yea.

We had a nice year under Tebow. I am not going to sit here and pretend he has alot of positive assets. I'm also not going to sit here and pretend that if we weren't literally 5 plays away from being a 3-13 team, and that's a fact.

We won 5 games with him playing absolutely shitty QB play 95% of the time. We can most certainly thank the defense for keeping us in those games and giving him a chance at the end.

and dont forget Mario Barber :lol:

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 10:23 PM

Up until this year, denver has OWNED belicek/brady.

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Like Dumervil said. They got injuries. We got injuries. Everybody has injuries.
Lol
You saw what happened when just Doom was out last year, right?

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Ummmm....cuz they didnt want to be down by 63?

chazoe60
01-15-2012, 10:28 PM

This is the first pro-Broncos post you've ever made. Congratulations.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2012, 10:31 PM

I personally think those kind of stats are completely irrelevant and utterly useless.

Medford Bronco
01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
I personally think those kind of stats are completely irrelevant and utterly useless.

yes the 2001 brady vs denver, 2002. 2003, 2005 and 2006 have zero relevance on this game. agreed.

Those were all under shanahan as well, no releveance to last night.

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 10:33 PM
I think theres some credence to what simms was saying.
If the receivers are not allowed to get into a flow, early, waiting until theyre Needed will be too late.
IF theyre sticking with TT, maybe they should get him passing early on, to get some mojo going....while hopefully connecting on a majority of them and helping to free up some run lanes.

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 10:43 PM
yes the 2001 brady vs denver, 2002. 2003, 2005 and 2006 have zero relevance on this game. agreed.

Those were all under shanahan as well, no releveance to last night.
You forget the more recent one before this season?

topscribe
01-15-2012, 10:56 PM
I think theres some credence to what simms was saying.
If the receivers are not allowed to get into a flow, early, waiting until theyre Needed will be too late.
IF theyre sticking with TT, maybe they should get him passing early on, to get some mojo going....while hopefully connecting on a majority of them and helping to free up some run lanes.

Well, it's more than just that. I think you know this, but passing in the NFL is
worlds apart from passing in college. In the pros, the receivers seldom get
really "open." Windows are very small, so if the QB is waiting around until they
get open, they dance around, hoping the line holds up for a while, as you
have sometimes seen recently. A good QB sees the opening before it's open
and passes to that spot. It's amazing to see a receiver on one side of a
defender and the pass thrown to the other, then the receiver run past the
defender to the ball. But all the good ones can do that, and if they can't,
they're soon selling insurance or something . . .

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Well, it's more than just that. I think you know this, but passing in the NFL is
worlds apart from passing in college. In the pros, the receivers seldom get
really "open." Windows are very small, so if the QB is waiting around until they
get open, they dance around, hoping the line holds up for a while, as you
have sometimes seen recently. A good QB sees the opening before it's open
and passes to that spot. It's amazing to see a receiver on one side of a
defender and the pass thrown to the other, then the receiver run past the
defender to the ball. But all the good ones can do that, and if they can't,
they're soon selling insurance or something . . .

I'd venture to call them "college open" in the Pitt game, top. You?

cardoso
01-15-2012, 11:04 PM

Is that what you really found embarrassing? I find that funny since I'm sure most unbiased Bronco fans found our pathetic Defensive game plan and game play the most embarrassing part of that game. We sat there rushing 3/4 players all night and allowed brady to make our defense look like a JV high school team. No matter how much our defensive game plan was failing miserably we still continued to go out there and do nothing about it.

Brady threw 6 TD passes
Took the patriots only 1:51 minutes to score on the first drive on only 5 plays
The last drive of the half only took them 64 seconds to score.
Our defense allowed 500 yards in a playoff game
We allowed a TIGHT END to lead them in rushing with 61 yds
Our defense gave up 35 pts in the FIRST HALF
Our defense gave up an average of 8 first downs every qtr

and your talking about incomplete passes the most embarrassing part of the game?

topscribe
01-15-2012, 11:05 PM
I'd venture to call them "college open" in the Pitt game, top. You?

WIDE open, for the most part. The one TD pass to Royal was beautiful. I'll
hand him that. But the 80-yard TD pass to DT, for instance, would have
been an easy completion for any 3rd string QB in the league. DT did most
of it. Same with most of the other passes to DT.

I will concede, however, that a big part of the reason receivers were so open
was fear of the running game, of which Tebow was a significant part. But, as
NE showed, Pitt didn't have to run in fear . . . they just did, is all . . .

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Is that what you really found embarrassing? I find that funny since I'm sure most unbiased Bronco fans found our pathetic game plan and game play the most embarrassing part of that game. We sat there rushing 3/4 players all night and allowed brady to make our defense look like a JV high school team. No matter how much are defensive game plan was failing miserably we still continued to go out there and do nothing about it.

Brady threw 6 TD passes

and your talking about incomplete passes the most embarrassing part of the game?

:lol:

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 11:10 PM
WIDE open, for the most part. The one TD pass to Royal was beautiful. I'll
hand him that. But the 80-yard TD pass to DT, for instance, would have
been an easy completion for any 3rd string QB in the league. DT did most
of it. Same with most of the other passes to DT.

I will concede, however, that a big part of the reason receivers were so open
was fear of the running game, of which Tebow was a significant part. But, as
NE showed, Pitt didn't have to run in fear . . . they just did, is all . . .
So why, preytell, did lebeau sit back and have his dl play contain instead of rush?

Ditka spilled the beans on beating TT & Co wk 8!

RUSH THE QB! PLAY MAN!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-15-2012, 11:17 PM

Yeah because as it stands now, the most likely Superbowl matchup will be Alex Smith vs Joe Flacco... :lol:

All these "elite" passers are coming crashing back down to earth in the postseason where they are playing good defenses.

Drew Brees? Gone. Aaron Rodgers? At home. I find it hard to believe that Eli Manning or Tom Brady will have anywhere near the success they had this past week vs the SF and Balt defenses. It's not happening. Next week will be the end of the season for the last two "elite" QBs...

At least the Giants have a defense and some semblance of a running game to fall back on when Eli throws 3 picks to the SF defense this week... Sucks that SF has the #1 rush defense, to go along with the defense tied for 1st in forcing turnovers.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-15-2012, 11:19 PM
So why, preytell, did lebeau sit back and have his dl play contain instead of rush?

Ditka spilled the beans on beating TT & Co wk 8!

RUSH THE QB! PLAY MAN!

The Raiders tried that... we rushed for 300 yards against them. I'll say it again, it's all about matchups. Some teams match up better than others.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Is that what you really found embarrassing? I find that funny since I'm sure most unbiased Bronco fans found our pathetic Defensive game plan and game play the most embarrassing part of that game. We sat there rushing 3/4 players all night and allowed brady to make our defense look like a JV high school team. No matter how much our defensive game plan was failing miserably we still continued to go out there and do nothing about it.

Brady threw 6 TD passes

This. There isn't a QB in the league that could have beaten Brady on Saturday with our Defense playing the way they did. They could have scored 60 points on us if it were even close after 2 quarters.

weazel
01-16-2012, 12:39 AM

silk, were you counting? I only ask this because I had people here watching the game and they were all counting the time he had in the pocket and it was usually at least 6 seconds.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 12:44 AM
silk, were you counting? I only ask this because I had people here watching the game and they were all counting the time he had in the pocket and it was usually at least 6 seconds.

:drinking:

:rofl:

weazel
01-16-2012, 12:49 AM

:rofl:

rewatch the game... we were counting out loud and laughing at how useless tebow is. But it must have been the receivers fault.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 12:55 AM
rewatch the game... we were counting out loud and laughing at how useless tebow is. But it must have been the receivers fault.

Ok, dude, whatever. I'm sure your season-long-agenda has nothing to do with your counting skills.

McGahee must have been running for negative yardage because he was hanging onto the ball too long. Couldn't be that their d-line was blowing through our OL like a hot samurai sword through a tub of cheap margarine or anything.

Joel
01-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Im not being a smartass or trying to bait anyone into an argument, I want a valid discussion about this.

rewatch the game... we were counting out loud and laughing at how useless tebow is. But it must have been the receivers fault.Well, as long as we're clear.

Lancane
01-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Tebow's value, unless we're talking about a team that plans to run an unorthodox offense is very, very low. The accuracy, touch and velocity of his throws are still very questionable - if we're going to be honest then the truth is for every good throw there are three or four poor ones, which means he only throws about five passes maybe six a game that are on the money and well thrown and that depletes his value in a pass happy league, which the NFL is and is likely to remain. Teams in the end figured out the option read offense of ours, it's evident that such an offense doesn't belong in the NFL, and I think Elway and Fox are going to see that and want to change to an offense that is more productive in the end.

Could Denver trade Tebow? I wouldn't be surprised if they did if the trade was right for the team, but I think Tebow is too much of a media headache despite his jersey sales and cult-like following, I think teams will try and stay away from it all because he brings far too much media coverage good and bad, let alone should he fail it will bring the ire of his fans against an organization which isn't good for football, no player should be bigger then the sport, because when or if he fails or something else comes about then people tend to be unrealistic in their beliefs and blame all others besides that athlete.

When you think about it, all of it makes him worthless in the current market and the added grief of having him should things take a turn for the worse even lowering his value more despite his drive, leadership and clutch ability. Now if he had an arm and was an accurate passer it would overrule a lot of the negative and his value would be astounding.

sneakers
01-16-2012, 01:11 AM
http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/192_251/125_40/kittensaves.jpg

RebelRocker
01-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Tebow's value, unless we're talking about a team that plans to run an unorthodox offense is very, very low. The accuracy, touch and velocity of his throws are still very questionable - if we're going to be honest then the truth is for every good throw there are three or four poor ones, which means he only throws about five passes maybe six a game that are on the money and well thrown and that depletes his value in a pass happy league, which the NFL is and is likely to remain. Teams in the end figured out the option read offense of ours, it's evident that such an offense doesn't belong in the NFL, and I think Elway and Fox are going to see that and want to change to an offense that is more productive in the end.

Could Denver trade Tebow? I wouldn't be surprised if they did if the trade was right for the team, but I think Tebow is too much of a media headache despite his jersey sales and cult-like following, I think teams will try and stay away from it all because he brings far too much media coverage good and bad, let alone should he fail it will bring the ire of his fans against an organization which isn't good for football, no player should be bigger then the sport, because when or if he fails or something else comes about then people tend to be unrealistic in their beliefs and blame all others besides that athlete.

When you think about it, all of it makes him worthless in the current market and the added grief of having him should things take a turn for the worse even lowering his value more despite his drive, leadership and clutch ability. Now if he had an arm and was an accurate passer it would overrule a lot of the negative and his value would be astounding.

If he only had those things, he'd be an adequate NFL quarterback.;)

Joel
01-16-2012, 01:25 AM
The "how much can we get for Tebow?" thing is a Catch 22. It was at least plausible when it looked like the Jags might be bad enough to get the #1 pick and desperate enough for ticket sales to trade it for Tebow. Since that's off the table, we're down to hoping the most talked about running QB of the 2010 draft can get us the most talked about running QB of the 2012 draft. Say huh? :confused: Um, guys, we're supposed to move FORWARD.

Like I say, it's a Catch 22: If Tebow's good enough to get much for him, we should keep and develop him; if he's not good enough to keep and develop, we can't get anything for him. Unless ya'll think the Jags are going to reenact The Trade, Tebow will be our starting QB next year. Deal with it.

HorsePowerFromOrlando
01-16-2012, 01:32 AM

I don't know. It's not like he was loaded for bear with quarterback talent the last time he was the head coach of a team, which to my recollection, was Buffalo?

Lancane
01-16-2012, 02:50 AM
The "how much can we get for Tebow?" thing is a Catch 22. It was at least plausible when it looked like the Jags might be bad enough to get the #1 pick and desperate enough for ticket sales to trade it for Tebow. Since that's off the table, we're down to hoping the most talked about running QB of the 2010 draft can get us the most talked about running QB of the 2012 draft. Say huh? :confused: Um, guys, we're supposed to move FORWARD.

Like I say, it's a Catch 22: If Tebow's good enough to get much for him, we should keep and develop him; if he's not good enough to keep and develop, we can't get anything for him. Unless ya'll think the Jags are going to reenact The Trade, Tebow will be our starting QB next year. Deal with it.

I don't think Tebow will be walking through the doors as the given starter Joel, except in the eyes of the fans. I believe Elway plans to add a veteran and likely a rookie through the draft and forcing Tebow to win the spot. I'm not talking Matt Flynn and Andrew Luck, more like David Carr and Brock Oswieler, but if Tebow can not even beat them out with an off-season to improve himself, well then...the chances of him being the starter come August is very unlikely. The Tebowites want him to be given that label, but he hasn't proven to be a franchise player, let alone a franchise capable quarterback - Tebow isn't going to be handed anything, he'll have to improve greatly and beat competition to get it.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 03:11 AM
I don't think Tebow will be walking through the doors as the given starter Joel, except in the eyes of the fans. I believe Elway plans to add a veteran and likely a rookie through the draft and forcing Tebow to win the spot. I'm not talking Matt Flynn and Andrew Luck, more like David Carr and Brock Oswieler, but if Tebow can not even beat them out with an off-season to improve himself, well then...the chances of him being the starter come August is very unlikely. The Tebowites want him to be given that label, but he hasn't proven to be a franchise player, let alone a franchise capable quarterback - Tebow isn't going to be handed anything, he'll have to improve greatly and beat competition to get it.

If he hasn't proven that he should be the starter next year after taking a 4-12 team last year and 1-4 team at the start of the year into the playoffs and to the second round in his first full year as a starter, then he should be waived (if he can't be traded).

I'm not saying that he should be given all the credit, but this musical chairs QB shit has to stop. We need to find some consistency and this is the best we've done in 6 years. Why would we **** with that?

topscribe
01-16-2012, 03:14 AM
If he hasn't proven that he should be the starter next year after taking a 4-12 team last year and 1-4 team at the start of the year into the playoffs and to the second round in his first full year as a starter, then he should be waived (if he can't be traded).

I'm not saying that he should be given all the credit, but this musical chairs QB shit has to stop. We need to find some consistency and this is the best we've done in 6 years. Why would we **** with that?

People keep talking about how the team was 1-4 before Tebow took over. Has
anyone considered that in the last five games Tebow is 1-4?

nflfan
01-16-2012, 03:18 AM
This is a vey interesting thread.

Say what you want about how the defense kept the Broncos in their games, but Tebow had a direct impact on the team winning. At the same time, will his limitations in basic QB skills provide a lower ceiling for how good the offense can be?

A few years ago, the Browns had just drafted Quinn, then Anderson had the season of his career. The perception was that the Browns had 2 really good QBs, and could afford to trade one for good value. The Browns instead hung on to both of them, and the value of both dropped tremendously.

If the Jaguars were still under Del Rio, I think they'd love to have Tebow ... for ticket sales, but also because Del Rio is an extreme ball-control type coach, and Tebow would fit perfect into his philosophy.

Elway has a tough decision, and will be second guessed no matter what direction he takes. Even if he managed to manuever to get Luck, the die-hard Tebow fans will want his head.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 03:22 AM

LOL. It's getting thick.

How narrow do you want to get cherry picking, top?

Would it make you feel better if I said we were 4-14 going back to last season with Orton before Tebow took over?

bcbronc
01-16-2012, 03:23 AM
I don't think Indy would trade Luck to Elway just out of principle.

dogfish
01-16-2012, 04:16 AM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/461/2wclkpk.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/2wclkpk.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Lancane
01-16-2012, 04:27 AM

What is the purpose of a team in any given sport? It's nothing more then to win, but for professional athletics it goes beyond, it's to win the pinnacle of that very sport, whether that means a trophy or a medal, a title of some kind. If you don't feel that someone whether it's a coach, trainer, a member of the roster are going to help you get to that point, then you move on and replace them. Hence the reason for free agency and trades, the one goal of the front office isn't having a cohesive, consistent group but rather a group capable of winning and more often then not. Now, going 9-9 or 8-8 is all fine and dandy, but if you asked anyone in the Broncos, they'd have rather been 10-4 or better and still in the playoffs, which means that teams like Detroit, Green Bay, San Francisco, Baltimore, New England and so on, we have to be capable of beating them, as we are? We're not even close and that was evident.

Champ Bailey even said that the team needs to get better, he wants a championship ring and if John Elway and company somehow landed Peyton Manning, there isn't a player on the roster who would grumble that Tebow isn't the starter, as Coach Fox alluded to when starting Tebow, the nature and business of the NFL is winning, if Tebow is no better entering next year and we're still having to run a collegiate style offense then the team didn't improve and will likely fair no better come the end of the season, it's about winning, period.

Joel
01-16-2012, 07:06 AM
You may well be right, and for the right reasons, but I hope they at least give him the first couple starts; I think THIS season earned him that much whatever happens in training camp. I don't know if it's pressure, focus, adrenaline or what, but by all accounts from everyone who's seen both, the guy who played during his 8-5 starts is NOT the same guy seen on the practice field. It's his job to lose, but any rookie who can beat him out in camp should probably start--heaven help this site the first time the poor SOB has back to back bad games though. ;)

I don't know how I'd feel about Carr; I'd still prefer a McNabb or Garrard who can give Tebow some insight on how to get from where he is to where he needs to be, lead the team during a playoff run calling any and all plays designed for him, and not compete with him or a second option for the long term starting job. My biggest concern about drafting a "Tebowesque" rookie is that he'd probably be as raw as Tebow was two years ago, and thus need as much coaching and practice just to get where Tebow is now, but our CURRENT starting QB needs both too much for me to be comfortable with our coaches splitting time between him and someone else.

So what are you saying, that we should throw out the first 5 and last 5 games, just concentrate on his 7-1 record in the middle? Should we also forget there was one more playoff team in the last 5 than in the first 5? ;)

NameUsedBefore
01-16-2012, 07:29 AM

MileHighCrew
01-16-2012, 08:53 AM
I hope Elway brings in a vet but doesn't draft a QB this year. Let TT run with an offseason and see if he can become a QB, because he needs a lot of work, if not then look at next years draft. The Broncos are not drafting very high this year, but if TT can't get better as a QB, they will be picking a lot higher next year.

claymore
01-16-2012, 10:09 AM
This is a vey interesting thread.

Say what you want about how the defense kept the Broncos in their games, but Tebow had a direct impact on the team winning. At the same time, will his limitations in basic QB skills provide a lower ceiling for how good the offense can be?

A few years ago, the Browns had just drafted Quinn, then Anderson had the season of his career. The perception was that the Browns had 2 really good QBs, and could afford to trade one for good value. The Browns instead hung on to both of them, and the value of both dropped tremendously.

If the Jaguars were still under Del Rio, I think they'd love to have Tebow ... for ticket sales, but also because Del Rio is an extreme ball-control type coach, and Tebow would fit perfect into his philosophy.

Elway has a tough decision, and will be second guessed no matter what direction he takes. Even if he managed to manuever to get Luck, the die-hard Tebow fans will want his head.

Great post. I think you nailed it. Tebow was a major part of the wins, but our offenseive ceiling with him is to low.

claymore
01-16-2012, 10:15 AM
anyone considered that in the last five games Tebow is 1-4?Nobody wants to talk about that Top. Reality gets in the way things!!!

:laugh:

dunk7
01-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Jacksonville will break the bank to get Tebow...first this year (7th overall) and maybe 2nd this or next year to sweeten the deal. The owner knows that he can fill the stadium even if they go 0-16. Pure speculation but I believe Fox and McCoy take credit for the successes of this run and believe they'd do better with a traditional QB.

That being said, if a trade does not occur, I think its a guarantee that the Broncs draft a QB and go after a vet. I know I might get some jeers for this but I'd like to see Chad Henne in Denver. He's got a rocket arm, just needs to improve on decision making and consistency.

dunk7
01-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Nobody wants to talk about that Top. Reality gets in the way things!!!

:laugh:

Clay, you obviously don't read enough of the posts on here. None of those losses were his fault.

claymore
01-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Clay, you obviously don't read enough of the posts on here. None of those losses were his fault.

My fault! :laugh:

topscribe
01-16-2012, 10:40 AM
LOL. It's getting thick.

How narrow do you want to get cherry picking, top?

Would it make you feel better if I said we were 4-14 going back to last season with Orton before Tebow took over?

You go ahead and talk about Orton all you want. My point is about Tebow.
I keep hearing about 1-4, 1-4, 1-4. The fact is, that also applies to Tebow.
And I don't remember the last time any Broncos QB scored only three
points in a game. It's happened, I'm sure, but it was a long time ago.

I know it's not very popular among Tebow worshiipers to consider this, but
the defense is the reason Tebow was able to play for one-half of the final
quarter in so many games and still win them. Yes, Tebow deserves credit
for coming back, but a QB who could pass the ball may not have had to go
through all those come-backs.

I'm not trashing or hating. I'm just trying to be realistic. I see a lot of
problems at the quarterback position right now . . .

Dzone
01-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Just heard they want Tim Tebow as a TV commentator/analyst during next weeks conference championships. People cant get enough Tebow...lol
How will Tebow do as TV analyst?
Also, rumor is that Tebow will be on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week. Getting sacked by Wilfork.
The media will do whatever it takes to keep the Tebow phenomenon alive. It has means high ratings for them, and they dont seem to want to slow down even if Tebow isnt in the tournament anymore.

dunk7
01-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Just heard they want Tim Tebow as a TV commentator/analyst during next weeks conference championships. People cant get enough Tebow...lol
How will Tebow do as TV analyst?

You'll find out in two years ;-)

BroncoJoe
01-16-2012, 10:50 AM
You go ahead and talk about Orton all you want. My point is about Tebow.
I keep hearing about 1-4, 1-4, 1-4. The fact is, that also applies to Tebow.
And I don't remember the last time any Broncos QB scored only three
points in a game. It's happened, I'm sure, but it was a long time ago.

I know it's not very popular among Tebow worshiipers to consider this, but
the defense is the reason Tebow was able to play for one-half of the final
quarter in so many games and still win them. Yes, Tebow deserves credit
for coming back, but a QB who could pass the ball may not have had to go
through all those come-backs.

I'm not trashing or hating. I'm just trying to be realistic. I see a lot of
problems at the quarterback position right now . . .

San Diego Chargers 32 at Denver Broncos 3
Sunday, November 22, 2009

BroncoNut
01-16-2012, 10:52 AM

Do you think Tebow's play this season was good enough to maybe get some teams interested in him enough to trade for him? What kind of value do you think we could get for him?

definitely. I think his trade value is substantial. I think we could probably get a 3rdrp for him at this time I bet

topscribe
01-16-2012, 10:53 AM
San Diego Chargers 32 at Denver Broncos 3
Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yup, forgot about that game. Thanks. But, outside of the Pittsburgh game, it
has been a miserable stretch . . .

BroncoJoe
01-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Yup, forgot about that game. The Chargers were #1 in offense and #1 in
defense that year, as I remember. Certainly dramatically better than the
Chiefs.

Yet they were one and done in the playoffs.

And, the Chiefs also beat the unbeaten Packers once they changed coaches. I am a bit nervous about them next year if they keep Romeo. They'll have a good defense.

topscribe
01-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Yet they were one and done in the playoffs.

And, the Chiefs also beat the unbeaten Packers once they changed coaches. I am a bit nervous about them next year if they keep Romeo. They'll have a good defense.

After the Chiefs changed coaches and quarterbacks, yes.

In the playoff game the Chargers lost, Rivers passed for 298 yards and
completed 67% of his passes. And they didn't back into the playoffs. They
were 13-3 that year.

BroncoJoe
01-16-2012, 11:18 AM
After the Chiefs changed coaches and quarterbacks, yes.

In the playoff game the Chargers lost, Rivers passed for 298 yards and
completed 67% of his passes. And they didn't back into the playoffs. They
were 13-3 that year.

From Palko to Orton, yep. Anyone would have been an upgrade over Palko. That QB change netted 7 points. It was clearly their defense that improved, not offense.

Your 2nd paragraph only proves that great stats by the QB mean nothing in the end. As to your "backing into the playoffs" comment - whatever. I've already said my peace on that stupid subject/comment.

topscribe
01-16-2012, 11:24 AM
From Palko to Orton, yep. Anyone would have been an upgrade over Palko. That QB change netted 7 points. It was clearly their defense that improved, not offense.

Your 2nd paragraph only proves that great stats by the QB mean nothing in the end. As to your "backing into the playoffs" comment - whatever. I've already said my peace on that stupid subject/comment.

You obviously didn't watch the KC games. But enough of that.

And the paragraph proves nothing of the sort. What about Rivers' great stats
and 13-3 that season?

And what about Denver's defense this season? KC's wins were the defense,
but Denver's wins were Tebow. Is that the point? Some inconsistencies just
never change . . .

BroncoJoe
01-16-2012, 11:27 AM
You obviously didn't watch the KC games. But enough of that.

And the paragraph proves nothing of the sort. What about Rivers' great stats
and 13-3 that season?

And what about Denver's defense this season? KC's wins were the defense,
but Denver's wins were Tebow. Is that the point? Some inconsistencies just
never change . . .

Now you're the one bringing up new arguments. I did not mention anything but the fact that a 13-3 season and fantastic QB stats mean zero in the playoffs. SD was one and done that year. That is fact.

And no - I didn't watch many KC games. Why should I? I'm a Broncos fan.

Dzone
01-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Merril Hoge just compared Tim Tebow to bell bottom jeans. A Fad...LOL...They are going to have a hey day all off season...

HammeredOut
01-16-2012, 11:34 AM
"He's untradeable", "he deserves to be a Bronco for the next decade."

Chazoe on Tim Tebow...

Skip Bayless on Tim Tebow...

topscribe
01-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Skip Bayless on Tim Tebow...

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/BaylessBigmouth.png

TXBRONC
01-16-2012, 11:51 AM

I agree with you on just about everything you've said but a quarterback is the best player available especially in the early rounds I wont blame them if they do. I'm not in anyway suggesting that they mortgage the future and move up to take a quarterback but if Landry Jones is there when we pick I would take if I felt he was the best player available. We've got a big hole in the middle of our draft "grocery list" IIRC so moving up could easily mean giving up picks in multiple drafts.

As far as tight end is concerned if we're willing to give Tebow more time then it's only fair to give J. Thomas and and V. Green more time imo besides that I think Fells and Rosario are good tight end they're not superstarts like Gronkowski, Hernadez, or Vernon Davis but solid enough to be very productive as blockers and pass cathcers. That said if there is tight end that good is there and he's the best player available take him.

I couldn't agree with you more that we need upgrade our stable of running backs and that's not a slight on McGahee in anyway shape or form. He will be 31 sometime after the 2012 season starts so we make sure we have other backs capable taking a huge chunk maybe even being lead back if necessary.

We have a lot of young talent but Fox even said at the end of the 2011 draft press conference we may not know for a year or two before they become major contributors.

HammeredOut
01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
I said it before.. but Tim Tebow was worth about a 5th rounder to start the season. For football reasons, he worked his way up to a 2nd rounder. The Marketing he brings to any NFL City is well worth the price tag of a 1st and some change. Fans need to realize that NFL isn't just a great game, but it is a marketing dream on how to build not only your company, but national sport. This marketing that "Tim Tebow" brings, has an instant "Star Value", that has never been done before.

Tim Tebow brings in a wide range of fans that the NFL has not known before. This new fan base Tebow brings has a ton of value to any NFL franchise. After only starting 3 games, and being a 1-2 starter, Tebow releases a best seller. Im not sure any 1-2 NFL starter had ever been a best seller up until that point. Tebow has been on the cover of SI a few times, when you have top NFL players who have set NFL records, never having accomplish that feat. Tebow was a QB who would likely in his good NFL games, have more Rushes then Completions. If Tebow did have any completions, it would be, because Tebow had 9 or 10 guys stacked in the box, and it was the one time he decides to throw that it changes the game from a 7-10 game, to a 14-10 game. Sure, we know that he might average 1.76 Completions per "Quarter", but at the same time, Tebow kept the fans on the edge of our seats, and had the tickets selling, ads selling, jerseys selling, books selling, bobble heads selling, Wheaties selling, abortion ads selling, and who knows whatever else they could market on Tebow selling. They have used Tebow as a marketing "warhorse", and took "Tebows" name and "Image" to the brink.

All this can continue through next season.

This has value. Tebow put John Elway on the map as a GM, even though Elway never drafted him. Infact, I thought they traded Orton, to leave the Tebow train headed towards "Andrew Luck" in this up and coming draft. Well, it backfired, and we made the playoffs at 8-8. So now Elway is stuck with another dilemma. He has a QB who isn't prototypical, but is a marketing god who essentially could run for President.

The Broncos have only 1 QB on the roster signed, and that is Tim Tebow. If they trade Tim Tebow, they have no QB signed, no Qb on the roster other then practice squad Adam Weber, but who knows if that bu m is still around or be around. The Broncos almost have no choice but to "Keep" Tebow.

I think the only way Tebow is not starting is if Indy Colts are willing to part with Manning, we send them Tebow and whatever they want. We look to win the division for the next 4 years straight. The NY Jets Beat Writers are proposing they dump Dirty Sanchaz, and pick up Manning. Well, if Manning is available, which he will be, then we should try and steal that deal from the Jets, if talks did happen, which nobody has officially reported. Elway should know that if he can clean up with Tebow now, that Payton Manning would do just that for us for the next while. If the Colts trade Manning, it would be assumed they would want a QB back, along with draft picks. Since Tebow has more then a 1st round value right now, he would be a perfect fit in Indy.

Another is if either Andrew Luck or RG3 so happen to land in Denver. Since the QB prospects are thin this year, I would say Denver is pretty much stuck with Tebow next season. I even think Ryan Tannihill will be gone before we get to select, if he is now number 3 on the board behind RG3.

Overall, Tebow is worth a ton right now. He may never be worth this much ever in his career again.

SOCALORADO.
01-16-2012, 12:31 PM
I said it before.. but Tim Tebow was worth about a 5th rounder to start the season. For football reasons, he worked his way up to a 2nd rounder. The Marketing he brings to any NFL City is well worth the price tag of a 1st and some change. Fans need to realize that NFL isn't just a great game, but it is a marketing dream on how to build not only your company, but national sport. This marketing that "Tim Tebow" brings, has an instant "Star Value", that has never been done before.

Tim Tebow brings in a wide range of fans that the NFL has not known before. This new fan base Tebow brings has a ton of value to any NFL franchise. After only starting 3 games, and being a 1-2 starter, Tebow releases a best seller. Im not sure any 1-2 NFL starter had ever been a best seller up until that point. Tebow has been on the cover of SI a few times, when you have top NFL players who have set NFL records, never having accomplish that feat. Tebow was a QB who would likely in his good NFL games, have more Rushes then Completions. If Tebow did have any completions, it would be, because Tebow had 9 or 10 guys stacked in the box, and it was the one time he decides to throw that it changes the game from a 7-10 game, to a 14-10 game. Sure, we know that he might average 1.76 Completions per "Quarter", but at the same time, Tebow kept the fans on the edge of our seats, and had the tickets selling, ads selling, jerseys selling, books selling, bobble heads selling, Wheaties selling, abortion ads selling, and who knows whatever else they could market on Tebow selling. They have used Tebow as a marketing "warhorse", and took "Tebows" name and "Image" to the brink.

This has value. Tebow put John Elway on the map as a GM, even though Elway never drafted him. Infact, I thought they traded Orton, to leave the Tebow train headed towards "Andrew Luck" in this up and coming draft. Well, it backfired, and we made the playoffs at 8-8. So now Elway is stuck with another dilemma. He has a QB who isn't prototypical, but is a marketing god who essentially could run for President.

The Broncos have only 1 QB on the roster signed, and that is Tim Tebow. If they trade Tim Tebow, they have no QB signed, no Qb on the roster other then practice squad Adam Weber, but who knows if that bu m is still around or be around. The Broncos almost have no choice but to "Keep" Tebow.

I think the only way Tebow is not starting is if Indy Colts are willing to part with Manning, we send them Tebow and whatever they want. We look to win the division for the next 4 years straight. The NY Jets Beat Writers are proposing they dump Dirty Sanchaz, and pick up Manning. Well, if Manning is available, which he will be, then we should try and steal that deal from the Jets, if talks did happen, which nobody has officially reported. Elway should know that if he can clean up with Tebow now, that Payton Manning would do just that for us for the next while. If the Colts trade Manning, it would be assumed they would want a QB back, along with draft picks. Since Tebow has more then a 1st round value right now, he would be a perfect fit in Indy.

Another is if either Andrew Luck or RG3 so happen to land in Denver. Since the QB prospects are thin this year, I would say Denver is pretty much stuck with Tebow next season. I even think Ryan Tannihill will be gone before we get to select, if he is now number 3 on the board behind RG3.

Overall, Tebow is worth a ton right now. He may never be worth this much ever in his career again.

Then if this is the case, then trade him to JAX. Get their 2nd and MJD and call it a day. JAXs new owner is desperate to sell tickets and jerseys.
Sign Clements as OC and Flynn in FA.
DEN has 2 2nds to play with to rebuild the defense and get Flynn another weapon at TE. Like Dwayne Allen.

topscribe
01-16-2012, 12:47 PM

Actually, if Tebow has such a high value, it would be because some people
see a future in him. If they're right, then Tebow could be worth even more
in the future . . .

HammeredOut
01-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Then if this is the case, then trade him to JAX. Get their 2nd and MJD and call it a day. JAXs new owner is desperate to sell tickets and jerseys.
Sign Clements as OC and Flynn in FA.
DEN has 2 2nds to play with to rebuild the defense and get Flynn another weapon at TE. Like Dwayne Allen.

would it not make perfect sense, if McCoy is going to Miami, that Miami and McCoy, could feasibly bring in Tim Tebow.

jlarsiii
01-16-2012, 02:08 PM
would it not make perfect sense, if McCoy is going to Miami, that Miami and McCoy, could feasibly bring in Tim Tebow.

If anything, it appears that McCoy is getting a lot of credit for working around Tebow's limitations. With that in mind I couldn't see him wanting to bring Tebow with him if he truly wants to be successful as a HC. If Tebow doesn't develop, and that is a strong possibility, then it all blows up in hisr face and bye, bye HC gig. No way he takes that risk.

SOCALORADO.
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM

I dont think TT is getting traded. Not now.
But if they get some big time offer, i dont think they would turn it down.
Any of the Florida teams will boost their franchise leaps and bounds just having TT on their team now.

BroncoNut
01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
I dont think TT is getting traded. Not now.
But if they get some big time offer, i dont think they would turn it down.
Any of the Florida teams will boost their franchise leaps and bounds just having TT on their team now.

Maybe not now, but possibly later

GODBLESS#15
01-16-2012, 02:51 PM
If McCoy would go to Miami, It would probably be to get away from Tebow??

Nick
01-16-2012, 03:34 PM

Great post.

This is which troubles me that you "have" to have him. Tebow is extremely profitable for advertising.

tomjonesrocks
01-17-2012, 12:04 AM
This team is still swiss cheese.

Denver has far worse problems than Tebow at QB. Doesn't mean you can't wish the Broncos had an upgrade at that position also, but there's only so many draft picks. As I can think of 6-7 positions this team needs quality athletes worse than a new QB over Tebow, I'm fine seeing if he can improve next season. At least he plays his guts out.

tomjonesrocks
01-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Sign Clements as OC and Flynn in FA

I can't wait for Flynn to sign somewhere else. Right now there's fans on 15-20 teams' message boards clamoring for Flynn--and some of those organizations are actually willing to pay free agents the millions he'll demand in free agency.

The prospects of Flynn coming to Denver under any wacky trading scenario are exactly zero. :coffee:

Joel
01-17-2012, 06:20 AM
I know I might get some jeers for this but I'd like to see Chad Henne in Denver. He's got a rocket arm, just needs to improve on decision making and consistency.
We already have a starting QB with a rocket arm who just needs to improve on decision making and consistency. He just chokes less than Henne, and throws less picks.

This team is still swiss cheese.

Denver has far worse problems than Tebow at QB. Doesn't mean you can't wish the Broncos had an upgrade at that position also, but there's only so many draft picks. As I can think of 6-7 positions this team needs quality athletes worse than a new QB over Tebow, I'm fine seeing if he can improve next season. At least he plays his guts out.

I can't wait for Flynn to sign somewhere else. Right now there's fans on 15-20 teams' message boards clamoring for Flynn--and some of those organizations are actually willing to pay free agents the millions he'll demand in free agency.

The prospects of Flynn coming to Denver under any wacky trading scenario are exactly zero. :coffee:
Agreed on both counts, because the same logic applies with both: I'd replace half our starters if I could, and trading Tebow for a high pick to spend on a QB OR paying a one game wonder $20 million sacrifice picks or cap money vital to improvement sorely needed so many other places.

BroncoNut
01-17-2012, 10:15 AM
what do you think we could get in a trade for Tim Tebow right now? Anyone.

Nomad
01-17-2012, 10:20 AM

claymore would trade him for a Hamm's beer just to get him out of Denver.:D

claymore
01-17-2012, 10:22 AM

I dont see much of a market for him outside Jacksonville. He would instantly sell tickets.

I dont think any team trades for Tebow based off of his value at QB. It would have to be his marketing/fanboi/asses in seats value.

claymore
01-17-2012, 10:25 AM
claymore would trade him for a Hamm's beer just to get him out of Denver.:D

Our fun year cost us the chance to replace him with a quality young QB. Hopefully whatever FA QB we bring in is viewed as the backup of the future.

If Tebow is as bad as I think he is, Barkley or whoever else will be within range next year.

Nomad
01-17-2012, 10:28 AM
I dont see much of a market for him outside Jacksonville. He would instantly sell tickets.

I dont think any team trades for Tebow based off of his value at QB. It would have to be his marketing/fanboi/asses in seats value.

You would think if Jacksonville didn't have interest, they'd come out and say it. Talking heads are running with this idea. And it only makes sense for Jacksonville, but I believe Denver's price would be too high just like in the Orton thing.

claymore
01-17-2012, 10:42 AM
You would think if Jacksonville didn't have interest, they'd come out and say it. Talking heads are running with this idea. And it only makes sense for Jacksonville, but I believe Denver's price would be too high just like in the Orton thing.

I think the price would be lower than people think. If we could get out of this mess for a 2nd, I think Elway would do Cheetah flips.

Mile High sells out regardless, and due to the CBA, profits from jersey's are shared. So there is no real (IMO) monetary reason to keep him.

HammeredOut
01-17-2012, 11:23 AM

What about Blaine Gabbert, the Jags spent a 10th overall pick on him last season, it would be a waste to develop him for a season, and then dump him off, or sit on the bench. Why would any team go back to back years spending a 1st and 2nd or even more for QBs in consecutive years. Jacksonville owners would never take the deal, let alone the GM. Unless the Jags move Gabbert for a 1st round draft pick, and get value back for him, I don't see this deal happening. Economically in the NFL it would make sense, Tim Tebow could even sell out the B.C Lions stadium in the CFL every night, no matter where he plays is the true value in Tim Tebow. Tebow has brought back excitement to the game again by bringing a new range of fans who might never have been fans of the NFL if it wasn't for Tim Tebow.

The Jags would not likely do it. They would ask us some dumb stuff like take Gabbart straight up. Everybody knows Gabbert is a bust, and nobody sends more then a 4th for Gabbert right now. I said Gabbert was a bust before the draft and detailed why, maybe the Jags should have been reading these forums... I honestly don't think the Jags are even interested. They are all spent up on Gabbert from last season, and are to financially committed to him. Nobody wants a top 10 draft pick from last year, with a huge contract that a top 10 brings sitting on the bench for 4 years. Which is why nobody would want to trade for Gabbert. Does anybody see him as a franchise QB of the future... No, because the football world wants to see Tebow in Jacksonville. Aside, jacksonville only needed to sell out about an extra 5000 tickets everynight compared to other teams in the NFL, Jacksonville wasn't bad.

The only Florida team that could feasibly pick up Tebow and sell out the extra 100,000 tickets they missed out on, or the empty 12000 seats every home game would be the Miami Dolphins, they had sponsers buying up those seats all season under a league policy that allowed them to buy those seats for 34 cents on the dollar. Infact Miami was even "GIVING AWAY" two extra tickets to season ticket holders. It is pathetic, and bad as Cincy and Buffalo. The Dolphins who have since parted ways with Bill Parcells back in March, may actually think about taking Tebow since the Dolphins would "not" be influenced by Parcells by "Not" making the deal. Maybe the Dolphins send us the extra 1st round draft pick (maybe next years). If anything, the Dolphins could be lined up to make a deal for the 2nd overall pick and take RG3, since they are at 8th now.

Where does dealing Tim Tebow leave us next year?? With no QB. The Broncos might aswell go with Tebow another season, they almost have no choice. All the QBs who were suppose to come out of College in the Draft decided to stay. That leaves the Broncos without much option but maybe give Tebow a "LeMike James" weapon to run more of that Florida option plan on the ground we had going this year. I would say out of the all the players in the draft, James would be the only guy who would really help Tebow into next season.

I have been reporting even before NFL.com, espn or whoever, that Tannihill will be right behind Robert Griffin. I actually think the Broncos miss out on Tannihill aswell in the draft. So the Broncos have no choice but to keep Tebow.

claymore
01-17-2012, 11:29 AM
What about Blaine Gabbert, the Jags spent a 10th overall pick on him last season, it would be a waste to develop him for a season, and then dump him off, or sit on the bench. Why would any team go back to back years spending a 1st and 2nd or even more for QBs in consecutive years. Jacksonville owners would never take the deal, let alone the GM. Unless the Jags move Gabbert for a 1st round draft pick, and get value back for him, I don't see this deal happening. Economically in the NFL it would make sense, Tim Tebow could even sell out the B.C Lions stadium in the CFL every night, no matter where he plays is the true value in Tim Tebow. Tebow has brought back excitement to the game again by bringing a new range of fans who might never have been fans of the NFL if it wasn't for Tim Tebow.

The Jags would not likely do it. They would ask us some dumb stuff like take Gabbart straight up. Everybody knows Gabbert is a bust, and nobody sends more then a 4th for Gabbert right now. I said Gabbert was a bust before the draft and detailed why, maybe the Jags should have been reading these forums... I honestly don't think the Jags are even interested. They are all spent up on Gabbert from last season, and are to financially committed to him. Nobody wants a top 10 draft pick from last year, with a huge contract that a top 10 brings sitting on the bench for 4 years. Which is why nobody would want to trade for Gabbert. Does anybody see him as a franchise QB of the future... No, because the football world wants to see Tebow in Jacksonville. Aside, jacksonville only needed to sell out about an extra 5000 tickets everynight compared to other teams in the NFL, Jacksonville wasn't bad.

The only Florida team that could feasibly pick up Tebow and sell out the extra 100,000 tickets they missed out on, or the empty 12000 seats every home game would be the Miami Dolphins, they had sponsers buying up those seats all season under a league policy that allowed them to buy those seats for 34 cents on the dollar. Infact Miami was even "GIVING AWAY" two extra tickets to season ticket holders. It is pathetic, and bad as Cincy and Buffalo. The Dolphins who have since parted ways with Bill Parcells back in March, may actually think about taking Tebow since the Dolphins would "not" be influenced by Parcells by "Not" making the deal. Maybe the Dolphins send us the extra 1st round draft pick (maybe next years). If anything, the Dolphins could be lined up to make a deal for the 2nd overall pick and take RG3, since they are at 8th now.

Where does dealing Tim Tebow leave us next year?? With no QB. The Broncos might aswell go with Tebow another season, they almost have no choice. All the QBs who were suppose to come out of College in the Draft decided to stay. That leaves the Broncos without much option but maybe give Tebow a "LeMike James" weapon to run more of that Florida option plan on the ground we had going this year. I would say out of the all the players in the draft, James would be the only guy who would really help Tebow into next season.

I have been reporting even before NFL.com, espn or whoever, that Tannihill will be right behind Robert Griffin. I actually think the Broncos miss out on Tannihill aswell in the draft. So the Broncos have no choice but to keep Tebow.

Nobody is going to trade for Tebow because he is a better option at QB. This will happen for money reasons alone if it does.

I think we are stuck with Tebow thru next year too. Elway and Fox arent going to put their fate in Tebows hands though. He will be gone unless he miracles himself into a pocket passing FQB next year.

I am in the minority here, I am still very much excited if Elway can work a deal for Luck. If not, we need to start leveraging things for Barkley or whoever in 2013.

turftoad
01-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Nobody is going to trade for Tebow because he is a better option at QB. This will happen for money reasons alone if it does.

I think we are stuck with Tebow thru next year too. Elway and Fox arent going to put their fate in Tebows hands though. He will be gone unless he miracles himself into a pocket passing FQB next year.

I am in the minority here, I am still very much excited if Elway can work a deal for Luck. If not, we need to start leveraging things for Barkley or whoever in 2013.

I agree with Clay here.

As to the thread topic, a third rounder at best. What other team is going to change thier whole offense scheme and players to accommodate another QB? Not many.

hamrob
01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
the Jax thing is what I was thinking too, and if we were able to get RGIII that would be killer!Guys, I don't see the RGIII thing. I've seen plenty of Baylor games and he is a phenom in college...but, he doesn't translate well. He's listed at 6'1", but he's really on 6'0"....wait until he's measured at the combine. He has a hitch to his throw motion as well, where he turns his wrist instead of flicking it. Whoever spends a top 10 pick on him...will look alot like Jax did taking Gabbhert. Egg on face.

weazel
01-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Guys, I don't see the RGIII thing. I've seen plenty of Baylor games and he is a phenom in college...but, he doesn't translate well. He's listed at 6'1", but he's really on 6'0"....wait until he's measured at the combine. He has a hitch to his throw motion as well, where he turns his wrist instead of flicking it. Whoever spends a top 10 pick on him...will look alot like Jax did taking Gabbhert. Egg on face.

Tebow's game translates well, but it;s the O-Lines fault

TXBRONC
01-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Guys, I don't see the RGIII thing. I've seen plenty of Baylor games and he is a phenom in college...but, he doesn't translate well. He's listed at 6'1", but he's really on 6'0"....wait until he's measured at the combine. He has a hitch to his throw motion as well, where he turns his wrist instead of flicking it. Whoever spends a top 10 pick on him...will look alot like Jax did taking Gabbhert. Egg on face.

Drew Brees is only six feet tall. The NFL doesn't consider it ideal and it will get harped on analysts unless he succeeds then they'll shut up about it. Randall Cunningham had a very strange throwing motion but he could still throw the ball accurately. I didn't see that much RGIII but what I did see of him he throws nice tight spiral and he can throw with accuracy. That's guarantee he'll make it in the NFL but the things you've mention will not necessarily keep him from it.

wayninja
01-21-2012, 06:35 PM
I keep hearing the word 'fault' all over these boards. Did a large chunk of our fans miss the fact that we went to the playoffs?

Are we blaming a playoff run on Tebow? Or are we just cherry picking the parts we don't like and pinning it on him?

The same bullshit that keeps getting spewed about 'fault' and 'blame' works both ways, folks.

jhildebrand
01-22-2012, 01:09 PM
I could see New England and Baltimore offering a 2nd day pick. New England especially would find ways to use Tebow, outside of the QB position obviously, just to run the league's nose in it.

weazel
01-22-2012, 04:27 PM
I keep hearing the word 'fault' all over these boards. Did a large chunk of our fans miss the fact that we went to the playoffs?

Are we blaming a playoff run on Tebow? Or are we just cherry picking the parts we don't like and pinning it on him?

The same bullshit that keeps getting spewed about 'fault' and 'blame' works both ways, folks.

:rolleyes:
lol, the tebowites are the ones who started throwing around "fault". Every time someone mentioned something that Tebow wasnt doing well, it was blamed on something or someone else.
Oh its McCoys fault
oh its the O-Lines fault
oh its the defenses fault
oh its the lockouts fault
oh its Foxes fault
oh its Elways fault, he hates tebow

I could go on and on and on with the excuses I've seen but you already know them because you guys are the ones that made them up.

wayninja
01-22-2012, 04:43 PM
lol, the tebowites are the ones who started throwing around "fault". Every time someone mentioned something that Tebow wasnt doing well, it was blamed on something or someone else.
Oh its McCoys fault
oh its the O-Lines fault
oh its Foxes fault

I could go on and on and on with the excuses I've seen but you already know them because you guys are the ones that made them up.

This is totally true. Except when talking about making the playoffs and winning a playoff game. Then none of it is Tebow's fault.

lol, rolleyes or whatever.

jhildebrand
01-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Oh its McCoys fault
oh its the O-Lines fault
oh its Foxes fault

Meh. We heard the same bull shit with Orton.

We heard: if he had a defense and running game.

That one made me laugh when in 09 it was our Remember the Titans D that took him 6-0. :lol:

There was my favorite the JRWIZ and Topscribe: "New coaches, new system, new scheme."

:lol: Nuff said.

Then there was the "If the O line would block for him."

The fact is the coaches and Tebow found a way to get to the PO's when Orton and company and Cutler and company in similar situations the past few years couldn't.

wayninja
01-22-2012, 04:52 PM

That one made me laugh when in 09 it was our Remember the Titans D that took him 6-0. :lol:

There was my favorite the JRWIZ and Topscribe: "New coaches, new system, new scheme."

The fact is the coaches and Tebow found a way to get to the PO's when Orton and company and Cutler and company in similar situations the past few years couldn't.

This was due to everyone but Tebow. Otherwise you are a 'Tebowite'.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-22-2012, 06:57 PM
I've tried to avoid the Tebow discussions due to the insanity that comes from both sides.

That said...the season is over, I'm bored and my take is this:

I remain cautiously optimistic on Tebow. I saw improvement, but he continued to look scared at times. The KC game was embarassing. He played well v Pitt. He played OK but was not the problem v NE.

He was basically a rookie. He has a great deep ball. He avoids pressure well. He can run and make some plays. That said, he looks timid and holds the ball too long. Again...he's basically a rookie and I feel that this CAN be worked on. Whether or not he imrpoves remains to be seen.

As far as credit/blame is concerned. Ya have to give him the credit he does deserve. Our D was vastly improved this year...even under Orton. McGahee was nice and our O line played well for the most part...yet somewhat inconsistent. All of that aside, Tebow did help this team win more games than we would have under Orton. Maybe we don't need 1 or 2 of those miracles v the horrid teams, but we'd also have had NO shot in a couple as well.

We are a VERY young team and our OC ids pretty bad, IMHO. I think the scenario is perfect. Continue to build the team and give him 1 more year. Our schedule looks TOUGH in 2012. If he improves, we have sumthin. If he is bad a Clay believes him to be...we'll be getting Barkley with a vastly improved team behind him.

weazel
01-22-2012, 07:14 PM
This is totally true. Except when talking about making the playoffs and winning a playoff game. Then none of it is Tebow's fault.

lol, rolleyes or whatever.

correct. Tebow is the only reason the team went to the playoffs. I guess that means he is the only reason we lost in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

wayninja
01-22-2012, 07:35 PM
correct. Tebow is the only reason the team went to the playoffs. I guess that means he is the only reason we lost in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Well... ok... but that's pretty damn good, right? For a team that won 4 games last season and had a QB that didn't have a full season under his belt?

This is what I'm talking about. The complete black and white that Tebow makes everyone see. Either he sucks and we won miraculously despite his incredible ineptitude, or he was some sort of Football god manipulating the game less with his play and more with his faith that inspires all to rise above the limits of their ability. Why does it have to be either/or?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Well... ok... but that's pretty damn good, right? For a team that won 4 games last season and had a QB that didn't have a full season under his belt?

This is what I'm talking about. The complete black and white that Tebow makes everyone see. Either he sucks and we won miraculously despite his incredible ineptitude, or he was some sort of Football god manipulating the game less with his play and more with his faith that inspires all to rise above the limits of their ability. Why does it have to be either/or?

I see games that he won with his late play. I see wins he played well the whole time. I see games we squeaked thru where I believe Orton would have us w/ a comfy lead. He gets too much credit and blame at times.

weazel
01-22-2012, 08:01 PM

it doesn't... but with most on here now the only reason we win is because of him and if we lose it sure couldnt be his fault, had to be someone else, somewhere that caused him to fail at anything

wayninja
01-22-2012, 08:07 PM
it doesn't... but with most on here now the only reason we win is because of him and if we lose it sure couldnt be his fault, had to be someone else, somewhere that caused him to fail at anything

So the answer to extremism is opposite extremism?

weazel
01-22-2012, 08:38 PM
nah, Im not against him anymore... I think he's the balls! just blame everyone else if it doesnt go the way it should

wayninja
01-22-2012, 09:08 PM
nah, Im not against him anymore... I think he's the balls! just blame everyone else if it doesnt go the way it should

100% agree. Things definitely didn't go the way they should this year. Let's find a scapegoat.

weazel
01-22-2012, 09:15 PM
100% agree. Things definitely didn't go the way they should this year. Let's find a scapegoat.

its not me looking for a scapegoat lol...

wayninja
01-22-2012, 09:19 PM
its not me looking for a scapegoat lol...

Oh, sorry, thought you said to blame everyone else, that must be another forum glitch. I'll let Tned know.

NightTerror218
01-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Former Denver running back Floyd Little explained why he pushed for Tebow: “He might not be the greatest quarterback, but he could play at any position you want him to play at. He’s a guy I’d like to play with if I was still playing. He’s a winner, he’s mobile, strong, and gets the job done regardless, whether he’s blocking, throwing, running or just fooling you. He finds a way to win and people need to recognize that. A “W” is a “W” and it doesn’t matter how you get it, if you win ugly it’s still a “W.” Mechanics don’t play the game, people do.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/38998/any-era-tim-tebow

all this TT talk might keep his trade value high, even though he is going nowhere this off season.

OMorange&blue
01-23-2012, 02:01 PM

A bag of chips that were opened a year ago. TT is sandwiched between Colt McCoy and Rex Grossman in QB rating and dead last in comp%. Whoa.

BroncoNut
01-23-2012, 02:08 PM
A bag of chips that were opened a year ago. TT is sandwiched between Colt McCoy and Rex Grossman in QB rating and dead last in comp%. Whoa.

really? that is too bad

weazel
01-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Oh, sorry, thought you said to blame everyone else, that must be another forum glitch. I'll let Tned know.

no I just heard the excuses enough and now I believe them, Im just agreeing with you and the rest of the followers... Im preaching the good word

Rex
01-23-2012, 02:09 PM
really? that is too bad

Ignore that dumb bytch OMO

OMorange&blue
01-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Ignore that dumb bytch OMO

So your on board the TT train?

Rex
01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
So your on board the TT train?

I just wanted to call you a dumb bytch

wayninja
01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
no I just heard the excuses enough and now I believe them, Im just agreeing with you and the rest of the followers... Im preaching the good word

Then we've taken opposite journeys in life. I no longer believe. I've heard enough about how he's the worst QB in the league that I'm now convinced. I'm out to debunk fanatics like you.

weazel
01-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Then we've taken opposite journeys in life. I no longer believe. I've heard enough about how he's the worst QB in the league that I'm now convinced. I'm out to debunk fanatics like you.

lol, sounds good bud.
Lets just meet in the middle and say he and the team need work.

wayninja
01-23-2012, 02:17 PM
lol, sounds good bud.
Lets just meet in the middle and say he and the team need work.

I grudgingly accept. But don't think you've seen the last of me. This is really no place for rational discussion. Partisanship or death.

OMorange&blue
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM
I just wanted to call you a dumb bytch

Ok. Can I call you Stroker Ace?

weazel
01-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Ok. Can I call you Stroker Ace?

LOL

http://www.dreamagic.com/vivianrose/strokerAce.gif

Chef Zambini
01-24-2012, 08:46 AM

The fact is the coaches and Tebow found a way to get to the PO's when Orton and company and Cutler and company in similar situations the past few years couldn't.correct and that path was formed via good luck, good fortune and miraculous happenstance.
great special teams and competent defense.
theoffenses greatest weapon was its complete lack of familiar working parts along with an o-line and willy macs capacity to actually run the ball !
we TIED 2 other teams at 8-8 but thnaks to their own incompetence and failure in their last games of the season, our 8-8 was better than their mediocrity, earning us the honor of a play-off spot!
Steelers injured and their own worst enemy,
along with tebows best game of his NFL life,
that compared to any other starting QB would be dismal at best and whaddayaknow a play-off win!
How many games do you think we are going to win NEXT year, completeing less than 10 passes?
NOw that the entire league and ESPECIALLY our own division has had a good look at what tebow can and CANT do?

Chef Zambini
01-24-2012, 08:51 AM
100% agree. Things definitely didn't go the way they should this year. Let's find a scapegoat.ah, the way of the shanahan.

HammeredOut
01-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Tebow has value, if Indy wants Tebow and parts with Payton Manning, Tebow has a place to go.

Fullback32
01-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Tebow has value, if Indy wants Tebow and parts with Payton Manning, Tebow has a place to go.

That's a joke, yes? Why would the Colts take a Tebow when they are assured of getting Andrew Luck?

Chef Zambini
01-25-2012, 01:06 PM
tebow has tremendous value to the JAGS ! They must honor 2 more years of the STADIUM CONTRACT, and the new owner would love to fill seats, sell jerseys and enjoy the media circus destined to follow TEBOW wherever he may go !

Chef Zambini
01-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Tebow has value, if Indy wants Tebow and parts with Payton Manning, Tebow has a place to go.wonderful sarcasm, wasted on many.

Fullback32
01-25-2012, 01:09 PM
wonderful sarcasm, wasted on many.

Smiley's help...oh and me still getting to know the personalities here. :D

wayninja
01-25-2012, 02:19 PM

I think you are confusing wonderful with absurd.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2012, 02:29 PM
tebow has tremendous value to the JAGS ! They must honor 2 more years of the STADIUM CONTRACT, and the new owner would love to fill seats, sell jerseys and enjoy the media circus destined to follow TEBOW wherever he may go !

Jersey sales are already spread out evenly through the NFL, so it doesn't matter where Tebow goes for the Jags to benefit from that. Also remember, a lot of the "Tebow hype"... is going to die down very fast. That media circus, isn't something coaches want.

So I don't think the Jags are standing in line to get a shot at Tebow. No one is. Everyone will be one step back waiting to see what happens. This season did not put a positive light on Tebow's ability to be an NFL QB, so GMs and Owners aren't going to be the first to take that jump.

HammeredOut
01-26-2012, 07:22 PM

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981062525

"Tim Tebow might not like letting go of the starting job, but Denver would do their fans a disservice if they didn't at least try to bring Manning in."

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/elways-tebow-mania-peyton-manning

"Elway has been hesitant on stating Tebow will be the starter for the 2012 season, but with all signs pointing to Peyton Manning being available, does it give John Elway the out he is searching for?"

http://tradetimtebow.com/?page_id=63

"The dominos are starting to fall in place for the Dolphins to land Tim Tebow this offseason."

I had made the Dolphins prediction aswell, stating that was the most suitable, since Miami Ownership and sponsors have to purchase an extra 10,000 seats a game to keep from the game being blacked out, at 33 cents on the dollar.

Actually some sports writers are on the story already. Good thing I have them beat on the news by a few days. They need to keep up with these Broncos forums.

NightTerror218
01-26-2012, 07:25 PM
http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981062525

"Tim Tebow might not like letting go of the starting job, but Denver would do their fans a disservice if they didn't at least try to bring Manning in."

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/elways-tebow-mania-peyton-manning

"Elway has been hesitant on stating Tebow will be the starter for the 2012 season, but with all signs pointing to Peyton Manning being available, does it give John Elway the out he is searching for?"

http://tradetimtebow.com/?page_id=63

"The dominos are starting to fall in place for the Dolphins to land Tim Tebow this offseason."

I had made the Dolphins prediction aswell, stating that was the most suitable, since Miami Ownership and sponsors have to purchase an extra 10,000 seats a game to keep from the game being blacked out, at 33 cents on the dollar.

Actually some sports writers are on the story already. Good thing I have them beat on the news by a few days. They need to keep up with these Broncos forums.

Wow, you take rumors to the heart. :tsk:

Ravage!!!
01-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Its absurd to think that Manning is on our radar. Even I know that Manning is not on the radar.

dogfish
01-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Its absurd to think that Manning is on our radar. Even I know that Manning is not on the radar.

anyone that thinks peyton manning's coming here still believes in santa claus and the ****in' tooth fairy. . .

:lol::lol::lol:

bcbronc
01-26-2012, 09:15 PM
anyone know how legit Tradetimtebow.com is as a source?:laugh:

wayninja
01-27-2012, 12:03 AM
anyone know how legit Tradetimtebow.com is as a source?:laugh:

Damn, beat me to it. Was going to say something about it's pedigree in the field of journalism and it's rich history of unbiased reporting.