PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Timothy Tebow

ydaani
01-15-2012, 12:40 AM
The weight of the entire media world on your shoulders. People worship you and people despise you. You get selected way ahead of where people thought have been in the draft. The coach that had faith in you gets fired. A lockout by the owners gives you no chance to learn the new offense and no reps during the summer give you a chance to learn the offense.

The team starts out 1-3. Fans chant your name during each frustrating loss. The starting QB hates your guts because the fans want you in. Most sports analysts laugh at your potential insertion into the offense. Only Denver fans seem to think you have potential at this point.

You get your chance at halftime of a game that is seemingly out of reach and almost bring the team back for a victory. Although, it was the first of many flukes because San Diego was just giving you a prevent look and your efforts were discounted.

Then it starts to get a little strange for everyone; Broncos fans who had faith in you included. You started to win. Ugly wins. Lucky wins. Wins because the other teams were hurt. Wins because the defense carried you. Yet wins nonetheless. First it was your heart. Then it was because you were a great motivational tool for the team. Then to some it was because of divine intervention. To others it was because you ran into weeks of prevent defenses. Yet no one ever mentioned that you might actually have some talent at throwing the ball.

Your coaches didn’t believe. Sometimes your own teammates didn’t believe. You were even mocked in the media, not just sports media, but media in every fashion for your simple prayers after touchdowns and wins and because you always gave glory to God for your efforts. Not because you believed God wanted you to win or the Broncos to beat a certain team. But just because God gave you a body and a mind that would allow you to do what you do. That’s all. You ran fast because God gave you that ability. You ran over tacklers because God gave you that ability. You even kept your composure in momentous situations because God gave you that ability. Your praising Him was never about your own glory and fame, it was thanking Him for giving you that talent to make things happen on the football field.

But not only that, because of your God-given talents, you were able to help those who were less fortunate. You took summers off from college when most would be fishing or partying or even furthering their studies and you went to countries oversees in order to teach them about your faith and to help them spiritually and medically. You went before cameras decided you were worth following. While you also answer prayers and requests from people during this current season. using your newly acquired wealth to bring people in need of a miracle to games in order to make thier lives better just by saying hi and offering them a prayer.

You do these things regardless of the mood you are in. Regardless of your teams success or your individual performance. You do it because helping people is secondary to playing football. You work your tail off at a sport you enjoy and strive to be the best player you can be, not because you enjoy the glory, but because if you throw for 250 yards and a couple touchdowns and your team wins you now have that much more ability with money and your celebrity to help that many more people.

You know it could end at any time. You know your efforts as a spokesman and example of your faith will never end. You are taking advantage of the situation you find yourself in and hope it can go on as long as possible.

Regardless of the miraculous comebacks, the white-hot glare of the media spotlight and the endless speculation of whether you are the second coming of Jesus or a poser who only wants to glorify himself, you plod along without deviating from your goals.

Even though your season ends with a whimper and the NFL world goes out of it’s mind trying arguing if you are good or bad, worthy or an embarrassment, inspiring or a punch-line; I think you don’t really care. Why? Because you don’t even have time to think about it. You are already meeting with another child or adult who is in need of a little bit of inspiration by just hearing a kind word from you and having you toss them a pass or two and telling them to never give up. You will wake up tomorrow, get your work out in, plan how you are going to improve as a football player but then you will put that all aside and head out to do some good.

Not for any reason other than you believe God blessed you with the opportunity to do so and that is the only reason you need. Well, God Bless you Tim. A year ago, I liked you but now I am in awe of you. Your light will never be hidden under a bushel regardless of whether you can throw a 15 yard out or not.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 12:46 AM
you should use the PM feature if you mean to address a single person.

SoCalImport
01-15-2012, 12:47 AM
do people use bushels to hide light?

broncosfannum24
01-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Great thread man, he deserves next year as the starter, if a druggie like jarmarcus russell can start for 3 years in this league with no obvious signs of progression, then why cant a god fearing, hard working, overall good person in heart be the starter for the broncos

Yes people dont like him preaching about his faith, well just like how you got to that channel to watcj him preach his faith, just change the channel that simple, we need to look at the bigger picture, he taught us how to stick together in the most cruical times this year and most importantly he taught us what it was like to win again to that.

I thank you tim tebow

ydaani
01-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks for your insightful comments. Nice welcome to a new forum I found

ydaani
01-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Exactly broncosfannum24. Thanks and let's look forward to next season:)

sneakers
01-15-2012, 01:02 AM
you should use the PM feature if you mean to address a single person.

PMs kinda creep me out.

gatorpower
01-15-2012, 01:05 AM
PMs kinda creep me out.

PMS kind of creeps me out too. I think it secretly creeps out every man.

GEM
01-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Can we rename this the all Tebow, all the time thread and put all things Tebow here? it just seems like a good fit.

SM19
01-15-2012, 01:18 AM
do people use bushels to hide light?

Nope, Matthew 5:15 specifically says that people don't do this.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 01:19 AM
What does Timothy 9 for 26 say?

Joel
01-15-2012, 01:20 AM
Tim Tebow doesn't answer prayers. I feel it important to remind people of that from time to time (particularly those who state he does.)

broncosfannum24
01-15-2012, 01:32 AM
@ wayne ninja What does a playoff appearance 1st time in 6 years say? Or how about how about winning a playoff game

He was 9 for 26 and if your gonna put that out there, how about you talk about our defense, and young qb will be destroyed if you ask him to go toe to with a hall of fame qb when your defense has already let up 35 in the first half

Get real dude quit pointing out flaws and just be happy with being relavent again geez

wayninja
01-15-2012, 01:36 AM
@ wayne ninja What does a playoff appearance 1st time in 6 years say? Or how about how about winning a playoff game

He was 9 for 26 and if your gonna put that out there, how about you talk about our defense, and young qb will be destroyed if you ask him to go toe to with a hall of fame qb when your defense has already let up 35 in the first half

Get real dude quit pointing out flaws and just be happy with being relavent again geez

Um... what?

It's just wayninja. Not wayne ninja, although that is a pretty badass name too.

The rest I'm going to assume you were talking to someone else.

broncosfannum24
01-15-2012, 01:41 AM
This is a positive thread obviously so why you point out the 9 for 26?

wayninja
01-15-2012, 01:43 AM

Good call. Let's ignore facts that aren't 'positive'.

Aren't you late for a book burning?

Broncos Mtnman
01-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Tim Tebow doesn't answer prayers. I feel it important to remind people of that from time to time (particularly those who state he does.)

Apparently you haven't seen this.....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2011-11/66155521.jpg

broncosfannum24
01-15-2012, 01:50 AM
Im sorry but being the only negative person in a postive thread make you come off as a miserable person just saying

wayninja
01-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Im sorry but being the only negative person in a postive thread make you come off as a miserable person just saying

Yeah, great. At least I use punctuation. Just saying.

Dapper Dan
01-15-2012, 01:59 AM

It's the boards. Get used to it. A lot of fans are negative. It would be nice to talk to a group of people without there being a whiny little b****. But it's impossible on the Internet for sure. People are more extreme when they're hiding behind a computer and a picture of someone else. Not calling any person out. Just speaking of the way people behave online.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 02:02 AM
It's the boards. Get used to it. A lot of fans are negative. It would be nice to talk to a group of people without there being a whiny little b****. But it's impossible on the Internet for sure. People are more extreme when they're hiding behind a computer and a picture of someone else. Not calling any person out. Just speaking of the way people behave online.

Bullshit. People are negative in real life. It's not all sunshine and lolli-pops out there. Some of us are the same online as we are in real life.

This is silly for me to be called 'negative' because I said 9 for 26, which is an actual stat.

broncosfannum24
01-15-2012, 02:10 AM
Nice attempt of a comeback lol

sneakers
01-15-2012, 02:12 AM
i pooped

broncosfannum24
01-15-2012, 02:17 AM
^ lol

DenBronx
01-15-2012, 02:17 AM
Welcome to the boards but yeah....not reading all of that.

sneakers
01-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Welcome to the boards but yeah....not reading all of that.

next time you can just type in "tl;dr"

Joel
01-15-2012, 05:37 AM

Unfortunately, I have. :tsk: I stand by my previous statement.

next time you can just type in "tl;dr"
You may be (un)surprised to hear this, but I REALLY hate that abbreviation. It stands for "I can't be troubled to read an in depth analysis of a complex issue, even exhaustive undeniable demolitions of my misinformed flippant comment, so I'm just making another highly unoriginal flippant comment I still consider witty. Also, I'm in my early twenties and, though all my professors say I have great knowledge and maturity, am too jaded to display any of it now." Why respond to someting just to say you didn't read it? Does it give you cool points? 'Cos I really want more of those: They're cool. ;)

SM19
01-15-2012, 10:51 AM
You may be (un)surprised to hear this, but I REALLY hate that abbreviation. It stands for "I can't be troubled to read an in depth analysis of a complex issue, even exhaustive undeniable demolitions of my misinformed flippant comment, so I'm just making another highly unoriginal flippant comment I still consider witty. Also, I'm in my early twenties and, though all my professors say I have great knowledge and maturity, am too jaded to display any of it now." Why respond to someting just to say you didn't read it? Does it give you cool points? 'Cos I really want more of those: They're cool. ;)

Cool story, bro. :tongue:

BroncoJoe
01-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Bullshit. People are negative in real life. It's not all sunshine and lolli-pops out there. Some of us are the same online as we are in real life.

This is silly for me to be called 'negative' because I said 9 for 26, which is an actual stat.

Speak for yourself. You are what you "think" you are.

Northman
01-15-2012, 11:13 AM
One thing is for certain, sure are a lot of soapbox people on this board.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2012, 11:16 AM
One thing is for certain, sure are a lot of soapbox people on this board.

Yep...

:rolleyes:

wayninja
01-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Speak for yourself. You are what you "think" you are.

Hahaha, ok.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Just because something is exhaustive doesn't mean it's worthwhile or has any merit whatsoever.

I'm not calling you out, just pointing out that length has no bearing on quality.

Medford Bronco
01-15-2012, 01:23 PM
PMs kinda creep me out.

I hope you dont have PMS. That is bad for a man to have :lol:

just kidding sneakers...... nice set up though.

Medford Bronco
01-15-2012, 01:26 PM

I know I will get crap but this is funny

It is backwards due to copyright crap but hilarous nonetheless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGC7LIATKZc

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Can we rename this the all Tebow, all the time thread and put all things Tebow here? it just seems like a good fit.
Historically funny.

I said almost verbatim the same thing, earlier in the season, and was called out by none other than you (and a couple others).

Oh yeah, :lol:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

chazoe60
01-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Historically funny.

I said almost verbatim the same thing, earlier in the season, and was called out by none other than you (and a couple others).

Oh yeah, :lol:

You're always complaining about being called out or people insulting you. Maybe you should look at what the common denominator seems to be, you.

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 02:07 PM

Because there are LOTS here that are only able to be positive after wins.
Versus some that are rational and level-headed thruought.

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 02:15 PM

:lol:
Some people can say in <100 words that others cant with 1000.
Studies have concluded, though, that its moreso the female persuasion that prefers length.

chazoe60
01-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Whose persuasion is it to be absolutely shitty to everyone they interact with?

topscribe
01-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Nope, Matthew 5:15 specifically says that people don't do this.

Besides, bushel baskets are flammable . . .

spikerman
01-15-2012, 02:42 PM

The interwebs would be an awfully boring place if we all sat around blowing sunshine up each other's butts. That's why I never put anybody on ignore and always look forward to reading the posters I disagree with. It also helps that they're always wrong. :cool:

BroncoJoe
01-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Hahaha, ok.

Hey - if you want to lead a whiney miserable life that's your peragative. It is not how "most" people are. Although if that is how you are, you probably do have the same type surrounding you.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Hey - if you want to lead a whiney miserable life that's your peragative. It is not how "most" people are. Although if that is how you are, you probably do have the same type surrounding you.

Thanks. Like I need permission from king hypocrite.

Dzone
01-15-2012, 05:30 PM
I would feel a lot better about Tebow right now if I didn't have 9-26 and 5 sacks stuck in my head. Someone didnt get the job done. Tebow wasnt the only player on offense who sucked last night. 45-10 is a good place to start rebuilding a team that can beat New England. Right now, they cant compete with teams like that.
Too many of the loses were blowout loses to superior teams. Thats a good gauge of where we are at right now.

NightTerror218
01-15-2012, 06:01 PM

did you count the # of throw away and drops? I saw two drops and 2 throw aways in same quarter that made him 3 for 7. Not bad passes at all. Lance Ball drops was pretty bad the other was DT.

Tebow threw the ball away a lot, whether he was not seeing an open WR, or there was great coverage or what. I think it was more of not seeing open WR and not putting it up a risky pass.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks. Like I need permission from king hypocrite.

Explain please.

Medford Bronco
01-15-2012, 09:48 PM
I would feel a lot better about Tebow right now if I didn't have 9-26 and 5 sacks stuck in my head. Someone didnt get the job done. Tebow wasnt the only player on offense who sucked last night. 45-10 is a good place to start rebuilding a team that can beat New England. Right now, they cant compete with teams like that.
Too many of the loses were blowout loses to superior teams. Thats a good gauge of where we are at right now.

I would feel better if I saw a spiral and some regular NFL throws against zone coverages. You know that teams will not be as stupid as Pitt was last week and give up one on one coverage numerous times.

Like I said, work hard Timmy, I wish you the best. I am a skeptic still. Too much work in progress for me to feel good.

MOtorboat
01-15-2012, 10:49 PM
did you count the # of throw away and drops? I saw two drops and 2 throw aways in same quarter that made him 3 for 7. Not bad passes at all. Lance Ball drops was pretty bad the other was DT.

Tebow threw the ball away a lot, whether he was not seeing an open WR, or there was great coverage or what. I think it was more of not seeing open WR and not putting it up a risky pass.

He throws it away because he can't make the reads or the throws necessary to be a solid quarterback. It's not because receivers aren't open.

Joel
01-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Just because something is exhaustive doesn't mean it's worthwhile or has any merit whatsoever.

I'm not calling you out, just pointing out that length has no bearing on quality.
Quite true, but it annoys me when people use "tl;dr" to oversimplify complex things and/or try to dismiss inability to form a rebuttal, like those four letters mean anything. People shouldn't read things they don't want to read, or respond to things they don't read. Not that I meant to call anyone out either, 'cos I kinda figured sneakers was just teasing (Occams Razor, right? ;)) it's just become a peeve of mine. Can't imagine why.... :confused:

:lol:
Some people can say in <100 words that others cant with 1000.
Studies have concluded, though, that its moreso the female persuasion that prefers length.
Well, my posts aren't as short as yours, but I can definitely confirm women prefer length (and breadth even more.) Is THAT why you're in a snarky mood so often? :tongue:

wayninja
01-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Explain please.

Hint; Being negative about those being negative doesn't somehow cancel that out. This isn't math.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Quite true, but it annoys me when people use "tl;dr" to oversimplify complex things and/or try to dismiss inability to form a rebuttal, like those four letters mean anything. People shouldn't read things they don't want to read, or respond to things they don't read. Not that I meant to call anyone out either, 'cos I kinda figured sneakers was just teasing (Occams Razor, right? ;)) it's just become a peeve of mine. Can't imagine why.... :confused:

True, but some folks on the internet have a tendency to filibuster (again, not aimed at you). Just because you don't have the time to write a novella in response (or read one for that matter), it doesn't make your opinion any less valid or worthwhile. But tl;dr is designed more to annoy and I get your point.

Well, my posts aren't as short as yours, but I can definitely confirm women prefer length (and breadth even more.) Is THAT why you're in a snarky mood so often? :tongue:

Oooooh... compensating for something then? Just kidding, buddy, you know I love your deep posts.

Tebow
01-16-2012, 12:32 AM
just pointing out that length has no bearing on quality.

Yep.

You've proven that several times already.

wayninja
01-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Yep.

You've proven that several times already.

Thanks! Welcome aboard, nice to see someone start with few nice things to say for a change.

Tebow
01-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks! Welcome aboard, nice to see someone start with few nice things to say for a change.

Thanks man!

Don't take me too seriously.

I just like to prove I can be as big a dick as the next guy. (I'm still healing from too much time at that 'other place' I guess. Don't fret, I'll be fine.)

:)

Great season eh?

Joel
01-16-2012, 12:39 AM
True, but some folks on the internet have a tendency to filibuster (again, not aimed at you). Just because you don't have the time to write a novella in response (or read one for that matter), it doesn't make your opinion any less valid or worthwhile. But tl;dr is designed more to annoy and I get your point.
Fair point; I've certainly been guilty of that often enough, if inadvertently. Winning a debate by exhaustion IS STILL WINNING! :D

Oooooh... compensating for something then? Just kidding, buddy, you know I love your deep posts.
The "Oooooh" made that comment far too disturbing. :eek:

wayninja
01-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks man!

Don't take me too seriously.

I just like to prove I can be as big a dick as the next guy. (I'm still healing from too much time at that 'other place' I guess. Don't fret, I'll be fine.)

:)

Great season eh?

**** yeah it was a great season. Compared to how I felt this time last year, this is just what the Dr ordered.

Not sure why there is so much hand wringing around here. Sure, we've got work to do, but we knew that. Looks to me like we are farther along than anyone (including myself) expected us to be after McDoosh went after the team with a hacksaw.

topscribe
01-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Hint; Being negative about those being negative doesn't somehow cancel that out. This isn't math.

I don't see the hypocrisy in that, unless you're going by another definition.

Joe and I have crossed paths occasionally, but a hypocrite is the last thing he is . . .

wayninja
01-16-2012, 02:20 AM
I don't see the hypocrisy in that, unless you're going by another definition.

Joe and I have crossed paths occasionally, but a hypocrite is the last thing he is . . .

Yawn. Ok. 9 for 26 spawned all this. You guys need a hobby or something. And a dictionary, apparently.

topscribe
01-16-2012, 02:25 AM
Yawn. Ok. 9 for 26 spawned all this. You guys need a hobby or something. And a dictionary, apparently.

Why are you so caustic with your responses?

Maybe you need to get more sleep?

wayninja
01-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Why are you so caustic with your responses?

Maybe you need to get more sleep?

It's my personality. I'm a 'miserable' person who surrounds myself with negativity. Or something like that.

Getting more sleep won't make my single comment blown crazy out of proportion to aspects of my personality and lifestyle any less absurd.

Broncos Mtnman
01-16-2012, 10:44 PM

The problem with Timmy is you can't tell the difference between a throw away and an attempt to complete a pass.

Unfortunately, they both look the same.

:coffee: