PDA

View Full Version : Heres the deal

Superchop 7
01-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Heres the deal......yeah we need help on the o line and the secondary........but......a high school coach would call a better game.....on the bright side.......nobody on earth wants our coaches

broken12
01-14-2012, 11:44 PM
mlb, strong safety, a cornerback, defensive tackle, running back wr

Jsteve01
01-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Oline

Northman
01-14-2012, 11:47 PM
QB.........

camdisco24
01-14-2012, 11:49 PM
QB.........

You prob wouldn't be able to complain about the QB as much if he had protection. This issue goes back all the way to the Kyle Orton days.

Ziggy
01-14-2012, 11:50 PM
You're gonna blame this one on the play calling huh? Exactly what plays is he supposed to call when the offensive line can't give the QB more than 2 seconds to pass, and the RB's are being met behind the line of scrimmage on nearly every play? Let's hear the game plan of the century here.

Dapper Dan
01-14-2012, 11:51 PM
I have been hesitant on blaming the play calling. I'm still not blaming it for the loss. But how many TD's do you have to be down before you start lining up at shotgun and spread it out?

Northman
01-14-2012, 11:53 PM
You prob wouldn't be able to complain about the QB as much if he had protection. This issue goes back all the way to the Kyle Orton days.

I just figured since we are mentioning every other position on the team. I didnt want to leave anyone out.

broken12
01-14-2012, 11:53 PM
another thing kicking the ball to start the game was just dumb! put the team behind the 8ball from the getgo

Dapper Dan
01-14-2012, 11:55 PM
another thing kicking the ball to start the game was just dumb! put the team behind the 8ball from the getgo

In my opinion, kicking it off wasn't the problem. It was the whole playing defense thing afterward.

wayninja
01-14-2012, 11:56 PM
We should replace the entire team with shiny things we find on the beach.

Go ****bows!

Lancane
01-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Let's be honest, the coaching staff, particularly the offensive staff has been horrid for most of the season in all phases and needs to be adjusted if not outright replaced. There is plenty of blame to go around regarding almost every facet, but Tebow needs to hold a fair share of the blame as well.

There are a lot of changes that will need to be made to improve, what I'm more worried about is that the organization will be afraid to make the needed changes due to either fan pressure or the desire of certain coaches.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 12:20 AM
The Bottom line is that Tebow would have had trouble keeping up with the patriots even if he were tom brady.

Krugan
01-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Its safe to say, there were enough changes made about week 5, to get this team two extra games.

As much fault that is tebow, there needs to be some credit as well.

Frankly, I saw improvement, all though it sporadic and inconsistent, but hey after 14 games, I didnt expect gold.

Its pretty obvious we are lacking a defensive leader, we need a MLB badly, and some safties, we have some, I think...

Our oline is still very young, and missing pieces, but who knows what can be, thank god for a full ofseason this year.

WR and TE, yep, ohh yea another RB. Whne Willis went out, the run game stopped.

Im not opposed to looking at QB either, I just dont see where we are going to find that star, picking this late. Stuck with Tebow? Not sure ill go that far, but moving around unless its Manning, I dont think we will get anywhere.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Let's be honest, the coaching staff, particularly the offensive staff has been horrid for most of the season in all phases and needs to be adjusted if not outright replaced. There is plenty of blame to go around regarding almost every facet, but Tebow needs to hold a fair share of the blame as well.

There are a lot of changes that will need to be made to improve, what I'm more worried about is that the organization will be afraid to make the needed changes due to either fan pressure or the desire of certain coaches.

Nice backhand towards Tebow.

Where have you been the past month? I was worried. Even made a thread.

BORDERLINE
01-15-2012, 12:31 AM

ay lancane, where you been dude!!!!:beer:

Lancane
01-15-2012, 12:31 AM
I don't see Denver drafting a quarterback early, even though it would be considered a smart decision by a good number of people. However, I do believe we'll see them draft one in the mid rounds though to compete and push Tebow.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Our biggest problem is the refs. We should definitely take some of those in the first round.

Lancane
01-15-2012, 12:50 AM
ay lancane, where you been dude!!!!:beer:

Healing from surgery brother, but I'm steadily getting better. :beer:

Lancane
01-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Nice backhand towards Tebow.

Where have you been the past month? I was worried. Even made a thread.

Not a backhand at Tebow Joe, not at all. I think he needs to be coached and I don't see the offensive staff as capable in that regard.

As for me, I'm fine. If you remember I had that neck surgery last year, well the metal in my neck somehow was bent and thus it wasn't healing correctly, so they had to go in and re-fix it and I admit it feels much better now. I had to miss a game or two because I wasn't allowed to get worked up, I finally got to watch the game last week though.

arapaho2
01-15-2012, 01:05 AM
what i see

mccoy needs to go...we was weak, anemic, conservative, predictable and poor scoreing in the three years he has been here...tebow or orton,... mccoy needs to be replaced

frankling was getting beat to easily...

the defense is bad...lets not get confused because they limited some teams like miami, the chiefs, jets or beat a depleted pitt team...they are terrible in the likes of slowick and wink

tebow is young...needs alot of mechanicaly work, lots of coaching...but the dude can play and should pan out

wrs...in a WORD..suck....we need a guy who can stretch the field, a playmaker, a force who demeands a double leaving other wrs one on one

we need a TE who can actualy contribute...look at every top offense...the te ius a big part...we need one

sunbeam
01-15-2012, 01:21 AM
A quality tight end would help you guys more than any other single player I think.

Denver has a lot of potential, and a lot of weaknesses. I actually think your offensive line is one of your lowest priorities.

Look you guys didn't have a running game until Tebow started starting. The guy is a second year player. He's made some great plays this year, but he is young and this isn't exactly the most talented team in the league.

I think discussing anything about what you need is premature until the team management decides what they want to do. If they try to turn Tebow into Pocketman, it won't work and they need a different qb.

If they go with what they have done at times this year, they are going to need to get 1 or 2 backups who can play the same style and be credible doing it. Fortunately there are lots of guys coming out of college, and some already on benches across the NFL who could do it (Seneca Wallace for one).

Tebow's mobility and the use of the spread are what have enabled you to do as well as you have running the ball. Tebow's inability to consistently hit passes have at times allowed opposing teams to concentrate on stopping the run. (other times it hasn't made a difference)

As far as a superbowl type team I think you are a couple of years away. Odds are Brian Dawkins may have played his last game this year. I think you guys actually have more holes on defense than offense.

A quality wr would really help, but Thomas may become that. A whole offseason where everyone works together and gets actual coaching unlike this year may make a very big difference with this offense.

Time will tell.

Of course Denver may decide to take another tack entirely, so who knows?

Joel
01-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Couldn't agree more. Their D is crap, but so is ours, we're not built to overcome big leads and our gameplan was to run early and often: Why hand them a shot at an early lead?! Last time they were playing catch up right up until our first turnover--because we got the ball first, scored a TD, did it again when they matched us, and when we stopped their next drive a FG was enough to put us up 2 scores. This is not rocket surgery, folks.

Whne Willis went out, the run game stopped.
That's been true all year, and RBs need less "seasoning" than arguably any other position. I'm ready to dump Bell, if only so I can see more of Johnson. And as for our young line improving: Our guards have started two solid seasons now; I'm officially out of patience. I've liked most of what I've seen from Tebow so far, and seen improvement; if he's playing like Beadles and Walton this time next year I'll want him gone, too.

BORDERLINE
01-15-2012, 01:34 AM
Healing from surgery brother, but I'm steadily getting better. :beer:

get better brotha, gotta a lot of football to discuss this offseason!!!!!!!!

Lancane
01-15-2012, 03:03 AM
what i see

mccoy needs to go...we was weak, anemic, conservative, predictable and poor scoreing in the three years he has been here...tebow or orton,... mccoy needs to be replaced

frankling was getting beat to easily...

the defense is bad...lets not get confused because they limited some teams like miami, the chiefs, jets or beat a depleted pitt team...they are terrible in the likes of slowick and wink

tebow is young...needs alot of mechanicaly work, lots of coaching...but the dude can play and should pan out

wrs...in a WORD..suck....we need a guy who can stretch the field, a playmaker, a force who demeands a double leaving other wrs one on one

we need a TE who can actualy contribute...look at every top offense...the te ius a big part...we need one

McCoy is a huge issue for this team, he's not only lackluster in regards to game planning or calling plays, but I literally don't see these players improving under him either. Sincerely, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole offensive staff was overhauled, it's more then justifiable at this point and will be more so once they evaluate the offense throughout the season.

As for the Allen and the defensive coaches, they've done well with what they were given, and the defense is meant to be 'bend don't break', if you want a top ten Baltimore type defense then Fox is the wrong coach, both he and Allen run attacking, bend don't break defenses. However the defense is sorely in need of some talent, especially at cornerback and defensive tackle.

The offensive line will improve, but we need another talented guy added in the mix, it would help to move Franklin inside honestly and find another to anchor the right side. And we have a lot of talent at tight end, the problem is that we have a coordinator that doesn't understand how to utilize talent, we have a solid receiver corps as well, though we could benefit from a true number one.

As for Tebow, it's a glass-half-full kind of thing right now. I see Denver drafting a quarterback in the mid-rounds to compete and in case he doesn't improve, to replace him. If Tebow was any other quarterback plagued with as many issues he'd have been benched, the only reason Denver has suffered so long his because of what he's done despite not having the great passer mechanics. There is a lot there left to be desired and there will be a lot said this off-season that will force the focus on him and the position.

Denver has some issues to fix and a schedule next year that will demand they answer most of them.

I Eat Staples
01-15-2012, 03:10 AM

No, please don't go there. Kicking the ball is ALWAYS the right choice. Would you rather be down 7-0 in the first quarter or be down 13-10 in a close game at the half, and then have the other team drive down the field to open up a double digit lead in the 3rd quarter?

If you manage the clock right, you can score before halftime and then with the first possession of the 3rd quarter. This is the easiest way to get multiple scores, as you need no stops. Yet another reason is the fact that most teams don't score TDs on their very first drive. After halftime, the teams have felt each other out, and both sides start getting into rhythms. A TD drive is much more likely.

Joel
01-15-2012, 05:06 AM
No, please don't go there. Kicking the ball is ALWAYS the right choice. Would you rather be down 7-0 in the first quarter or be down 13-10 in a close game at the half, and then have the other team drive down the field to open up a double digit lead in the 3rd quarter?

If you manage the clock right, you can score before halftime and then with the first possession of the 3rd quarter. This is the easiest way to get multiple scores, as you need no stops. Yet another reason is the fact that most teams don't score TDs on their very first drive. After halftime, the teams have felt each other out, and both sides start getting into rhythms. A TD drive is much more likely.
Nothing is ALWAYS the right choice. Whether to defer is a debate as old as football and boils down to whether you have more faith in your offense or defence. The way you phrase it highlights that: It's not just whether you'd rather be DOWN 7-0 in the first or DOWN 13-10 at the half kicking to them. It's also whether you'd rather be UP 7-0 to start the game, "manage the clock right" to get another score on the final possession of the half, and make them play catch up all game. In that "no one ever makes a stop" world, they can NEVER do better than force OT. If one were ALWAYS better, the coin toss would win you the right to kick rather than a CHOICE.

Circumstances determine what's best, and kicking to a team with a weak D whom you CANNOT STOP from scoring and CANNOT CATCH if they get a big lead is almost automatically a mistake. We stayed in the last game until the turnovers because we raced downfield for a TD on our opening drive (much like the Pats last night) and when they answered all it got them was a tie. We promptly raced downfield for ANOTHER TD and when we then forced a rare punt a FG put us up two scores. They were in trouble until multiple turnovers bailed them out and gave them a half time lead.

Unless we forced a turnover or punt on their opening drive last night (both of which were unlikely) the above scenario was impossible.

yuhateme80
01-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Fox always defers when winning coin flip

Joel
01-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Fox always defers when winning coin flip
True. I repeat: NOTHING is ALWAYS the right choice.

BigDaddyBronco
01-15-2012, 08:21 AM
OLine, OLine, OLine....
They showed that stat where we had 15 negative playes (sacks and negative runs) and the Pats had 1. Let me repeat, WE HAD 15 NEGATIVE PLAYS TO THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE. Our OLine got manhandled, outschemed, you name it. Maybe they don't need a complete overhaul, and maybe Kuper would have helped, but our offense was inept yesterday because the OLine was putrid.

Maybe some experience would help, maybe moving Frankin inside, getting a new RT, and a new C would help, but something needs to be done.

On defense, injuries hurt, but we had no pass rush and couldn't blitz because our secondary is aweful. Need better safeties and some depth a CB.

But this game wasn't decided with Brady and his TE's IMO, it was decided in the trenches where we got whupped on both sides of the ball.

MileHighCrew
01-15-2012, 08:38 AM
The O-line is generally thought of as one of the best young lines in the NFL, Remember Kuper was out too. Tebow while I'm not sold had one heck of an up and down season. DT looks like the real deal and the D-line is better than anyone thought it would be. There are holes all over this team but They did WIN a playoff game.
What this young team needs more than any new player or coach is an off season and the least amount of change possible. Grow together and see if this is the right core.
What was the expectation really, win the Super Bowl? The Broncos played in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, who was talking about that at 1-4, no one we were talking about Andrew Luck.

Tempus Fugit
01-15-2012, 10:24 AM
I thought deferring was a big mistake, and they never should have been passing at the end of the half. Most of the rest of the game was about the Patriots personnel overwhelming the Broncos personnel as opposed to playcalling.

It seemed as if Tebow and McGahee were about the only Broncos who showed up for the game.

Superchop 7
01-15-2012, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=BigDaddyBronco;1522980]OLine, OLine, OLine....
They showed that stat where we had 15 negative playes (sacks and negative runs) and the Pats had 1. Let me repeat, WE HAD 15 NEGATIVE PLAYS TO THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE. Our OLine got manhandled, outschemed, you name it. Maybe they don't need a complete overhaul, and maybe Kuper would have helped, but our offense was inept yesterday because the OLine was putrid.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMEN.......Beadles was beyond horrible. Franklin cant pass block, put him at guard, do whatever it takes to get Decastro in the draft. Find a legit RT.

As for playcalling.....what do you think Billichick would do if his o-line was getting beat? or....if they were taking away the middle of the field? For every move, there is a counter move in football.

For instance.....go to 40 seconds left in the first half......WE FINALLY call some bump coverage......3 out of 4 receivers are blanketed....the one guy that doesnt play bump gets burned, if all 4 guys play bump Brady is sacked.

Ravage!!!
01-15-2012, 12:06 PM
McCoy and his offensive game planning is what helped Tebow despite his inability to pass the ball. McCoy absolutely HELPED our offense despite having TREMENDOUS disadvantages. When things were working for Tebow, no one complains about the playcalling. When things aren't going well, its the playcalling.

Lets face it, Tim is NOT made to drop back and pass to catch up like you need to do in the NFL. He's made to run the ball, keep a lead, or stay close to a team that has a short lead.

Remember, even Orton won 6 games in a row when the other team couldn't score. Our defense played fantastically that enabled us to keep things VERY conservative for Tim, and allow him to play an offense that highlighted his strengths while hiding his weaknesses. Last night, we just couldn't hide his weaknesses.

This team needs talent everywhere, there is no doubt about that. McDaniels put us in a hole that will take time to rebuild the talent he dumped.

But screw every other position. After watching all the playoff games, we should draft TEs ONLY!

dunk7
01-15-2012, 12:49 PM
McCoy and his offensive game planning is what helped Tebow despite his inability to pass the ball. McCoy absolutely HELPED our offense despite having TREMENDOUS disadvantages. When things were working for Tebow, no one complains about the playcalling. When things aren't going well, its the playcalling.

Lets face it, Tim is NOT made to drop back and pass to catch up like you need to do in the NFL. He's made to run the ball, keep a lead, or stay close to a team that has a short lead.

Remember, even Orton won 6 games in a row when the other team couldn't score. Our defense played fantastically that enabled us to keep things VERY conservative for Tim, and allow him to play an offense that highlighted his strengths while hiding his weaknesses. Last night, we just couldn't hide his weaknesses.

This team needs talent everywhere, there is no doubt about that. McDaniels put us in a hole that will take time to rebuild the talent he dumped.

But screw every other position. After watching all the playoff games, we should draft TEs ONLY!

Very good post...I know you are being a tad sarcastic based on the fact that TE's have been dominating this round of the playoffs but I suppose if you look at the teams remaining in the playoffs only the Giants and Ravens have average TE's. In terms of the broncs, Fox and McCoy just don't use the TE in the passing game. I think Fells is a good TE (showed flashes this year and with the Rams). What happened to the TE's we drafted last year.

Chef Zambini
01-15-2012, 01:17 PM
the defense was attrocious !
the gameplan looked like it was designed by a guy who spent 3 hours this week watching the last mach-up and the rest of the week polishing-up his resume, working on his interview skills and endless hours of watching film on the RAMS so he could get a job elsewhere!
pathetic!

first and foremost, GOODMAN 1 on 1 on ANYONE is a blueprint for disaster!
all year long I have called out GOODMAN as a liability and suggested that he should be used to BLITZ because he flat out sucks in coverage !
second,
NOT using DJ williams to cover 1 on 1 on gronk was also an obvious choice that seemed to escape the masterminds of defense ther at dove valley!
SHAME ON FOX AND ALLEN FOR FAILING TO MATCH-UP GRONK WITH A LEGITIMATE DEFENDER !

and third, regarding offense...
tebow vs brady is like bringing a knife to a gun fight, even if it is a bowie knife.

Our defense was totally exposed, hernandez as a running back was brilliant, we definatly got outcoached yesterday.

tebow, would we love him any less if he played fullback?
would all his philanthropy be discounted if he was a linebacker?
just askin' .

arapaho2
01-15-2012, 01:22 PM

wrong rav....the predictability and conservative plays has always been a issue with mccoy win or lose

even if tebow is as you say....YOU CANNOT EVER BECOME PREDICTABLE... running on nearly every single first down is the essence of conservative and predictable just as refraining from quick passes, screens or just generally utilizing a passing attack until third and long...or were behind many point is too4

look at last night...we ran that option pitch how many times....how many weeks has it been since that actually worked
in fact the read option was figured out...hey mccoy..heres a novel idea...why dont we confuse them by running a tradition I formation attack?

running 15 + yard routes when the presssure is coming and only useing 2-3 wrs...with a 3rd and short...has also been a issue all season

mccoy has to go

Chef Zambini
01-15-2012, 01:24 PM
the pats O line would look like similar failures trying to block for tebow. thats reality. TT has no poise I continue to suggest that he looks like a mouse in a room full of cats, how many times must we watch him run around like a spinning top only to stumble right into the arms of a pass rusher!
Our defense put us in a hole emmediatly, we passes more than we should, mcgehee only got 17 touche3s, thats just stoopid ! we probably lost 100 yards in failed pass attempts.
ow many times was tebow sacked?
and brady, such is the dicotomy between our team and a real contender!
look at the 49ers, grest D and yet when the matched up against a juggernaut like the saints, they managed to trasde nblows 9offensively) the entire game.
TEBOW will never be that guy, NEVER!
he will always be a great human being but inadiquate as a QB in this modern day pass friendly NFL.

Chef Zambini
01-15-2012, 01:34 PM
regarding mccoy;
I think his limitations arer a consequence of tebow limitations.
If he wastes any time trying to make TT more of a pocket passer than he is frankly retarded.
maybe KUBIAK could do more with tim, but honestly if kubiak had tebow, he would make him a fullback.

rcsodak
01-15-2012, 02:23 PM
You're gonna blame this one on the play calling huh? Exactly what plays is he supposed to call when the offensive line can't give the QB more than 2 seconds to pass, and the RB's are being met behind the line of scrimmage on nearly every play? Let's hear the game plan of the century here.
How about a qb that can rwad a blitz and call a hotread. Two steps, pass.
There ARE qb's out there with that functional ability....even in college.
You do that, burn the defense, and they quit bringing the blitz.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dunk7
01-15-2012, 04:23 PM
the defense was attrocious !
the gameplan looked like it was designed by a guy who spent 3 hours this week watching the last mach-up and the rest of the week polishing-up his resume, working on his interview skills and endless hours of watching film on the RAMS so he could get a job elsewhere!
pathetic!

first and foremost, GOODMAN 1 on 1 on ANYONE is a blueprint for disaster!
all year long I have called out GOODMAN as a liability and suggested that he should be used to BLITZ because he flat out sucks in coverage !
second,
NOT using DJ williams to cover 1 on 1 on gronk was also an obvious choice that seemed to escape the masterminds of defense ther at dove valley!
SHAME ON FOX AND ALLEN FOR FAILING TO MATCH-UP GRONK WITH A LEGITIMATE DEFENDER !

and third, regarding offense...
tebow vs brady is like bringing a knife to a gun fight, even if it is a bowie knife.

Our defense was totally exposed, hernandez as a running back was brilliant, we definatly got outcoached yesterday.

tebow, would we love him any less if he played fullback?
would all his philanthropy be discounted if he was a linebacker?
just askin' .

Agreed, very weak gameplan. Goodman is a disaster at CB...Noticed a few times where they put Goodman on Welker and Champ on Edelman. And it was the aame old story as in previous games vs. Pats or Colts. They just choose our weakest CB and just pick on them all game long.