PDA

View Full Version : If Jay were traded, where would you like to see him go?

omac
03-02-2009, 01:03 AM
I wouldn't want Jay traded, and it looks like it won't happen anymore, since Cassel is off the table. But if he were traded, where would you like to see him go? (forget the realities of the trade could even be possible)

I'd like to see him in Houston, with Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton.

Also, in Minnesotta or Chicago, with Forte and AD, plus those defenses. Immediately a well balanced team.

The Lions most likely will continue to suck, but they have "potentially" one of the best receivers in the game in CJ.

JONtheBRONCO
03-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Nfc

Northman
03-02-2009, 01:05 AM
I hear the Jets have an opening.

DenBronx
03-02-2009, 01:06 AM
the bears. thats my cousins fav team and he loves jay cutler. id become a closet bears fan.

Magnificent Seven
03-02-2009, 01:08 AM
San Francisco 49ers. He's fits in NFC West.

Magnificent Seven
03-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Or reunited with Mike Shanahan in new LA team. It's haunting me sometimes. If they hire Mike Shanahan in LA.

DenBronx
03-02-2009, 01:15 AM
cutler in san fran would be sweet. i live an hour away.

DenBronx
03-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Or reunited with Mike Shanahan in new LA team. It's haunting me sometimes. If they hire Mike Shanahan in LA.

shanny needs to go back to the niners. i could see him there. he could still hate on the raiders because it would be a battle of the bay type thing.

omac
03-02-2009, 01:20 AM

I wonder what happens with a new expansion team in the NFL, with respect to draft picks and FAs.

I remember in the NBA, then there was an expansion team, all teams could only protect a certain number of their players, and the rest were fair game for the expansion team to acquire if they wanted to.

DenBronx
03-02-2009, 01:21 AM
I wonder what happens with a new expansion team in the NFL, with respect to draft picks and FAs.

I remember in the NBA, then there was an expansion team, all teams could only protect a certain number of their players, and the rest were fair game for the expansion team to acquire if they wanted to.

didnt that happen with the jags?

ikillz0mbies
03-02-2009, 01:22 AM

Yes please! I'd have Shanahan and Cutler practically at my backyard every Sunday! Make it happen!

But in response to the thread, honestly, I would want Joe 'Cool' Flacco. He's got an arm, can scramble out of the pocket, and IMO, keeps his cool and composure the best compared to the other NFL QB's.

Flame away!

G_Money
03-02-2009, 01:23 AM
I like the Vikings suggestion. Their OL is good enough to keep him alive, he'd have a running game and a decent D, and a division he can win every year with some great rivalries.

And he wouldn't get to kick our ass all the freakin time either.

~G

Northman
03-02-2009, 01:29 AM
I like the Vikings suggestion. Their OL is good enough to keep him alive, he'd have a running game and a decent D, and a division he can win every year with some great rivalries.

And he wouldn't get to kick our ass all the freakin time either.

~G

OMG, Cutler and Peterson? Holy Crap.

ikillz0mbies
03-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Ok, I think I misunderstood the question. I originally answered based on who I want in return, which wasn't the question.

Personally, if I want to see Cutler succeed, I'd love to see him go to Arizona. I don't think they have complete faith in Matt Leinart as their QB. He would be in a NFC team, so the Broncos don't have to play him twice a year. Plus, he would have the benefit to throwing to the best wide receiver in the game in Larry Fitzgerald. If Fitzgerald isn't enough, he has Anquan Boldin AND Steve Breaston to throw to. Cutler's abilities and athleticism would be very well utilized in Arizona. Cutler to Fitzgerald would make the highlight reel every single week. Plus they have a pretty good defense led by Adrian Wilson and Karlos Dansby.

Northman
03-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Ok, I think I misunderstood the question. I originally answered based on who I want in return, which wasn't the question.

Personally, if I want to see Cutler succeed, I'd love to see him go to Arizona. I don't think they have complete faith in Matt Leinart as their QB. He would be in a NFC team, so the Broncos don't have to play him twice a year. Plus, he would have the benefit to throwing to the best wide receiver in the game in Larry Fitzgerald. If Fitzgerald isn't enough, he has Anquan Boldin AND Steve Breaston to throw to. Cutler's abilities and athleticism would be very well utilized in Arizona. Cutler to Fitzgerald would make the highlight reel every single week. Plus they have a pretty good defense led by Adrian Wilson and Karlos Dansby.

Wouldnt that be a slap in the face to Leinart. :lol:

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Indy, he can come back home and learn from the best....then when its time for the best to retire...the second coming will already be there

:woot:

OK, can I just dream?

ikillz0mbies
03-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Indy, he can come back home and learn from the best....then when its time for the best to retire...the second coming will already be there

OK, can I just dream?

Well aren't you greedy. You already have Peyton Manning, now you want Jay Cutler too? Might as well get Drew Brees to complete the trifecta :salute:

ikillz0mbies
03-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Wouldnt that be a slap in the face to Leinart. :lol:

Let me ask you, would you want Leinart as the QB on the Broncos?

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Well aren't you greedy. You already have Peyton Manning, now you want Jay Cutler too? Might as well get Drew Brees to complete the trifecta :salute:

only in Madden man

undefeated since 2004

Magnificent Seven
03-02-2009, 02:21 AM
However, I WANT Cutler to play for Denver!

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-02-2009, 03:19 AM
send him to the ravens for their first and suggs or Reed...lmao

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Buffalo would be great. He would have a chance to put it to the team that hurt his feelings.

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Yes please! I'd have Shanahan and Cutler practically at my backyard every Sunday! Make it happen!

But in response to the thread, honestly, I would want Joe 'Cool' Flacco. He's got an arm, can scramble out of the pocket, and IMO, keeps his cool and composure the best compared to the other NFL QB's.

Flame away!

Agreed :beer::salute::beer::salute:

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Detroit. Can you imagine Cutler and Calvin Johnson teaming up? They will both waltz into Canton, Ohio together.

yeah if they did not get killed first because that overall team sucks big time.

GEM
03-02-2009, 09:40 AM

Hell to the friggen NO!!!

GEM
03-02-2009, 09:47 AM
I don't really even want to think about it. If McDoogie pulled off what he attempted, I don't think he'd make it through his first home game without a few beers being thrown his way. Especially if we'd have gotten Cassel, the guy is serviceable, but absolutely nothing special.

God forgive me for saying this. Jay moving to 2/3's of NFL teams would create an instant upgrade.

Minnesota
Buffalo
Jets
Giants (Eli, again serviceable, but not great)
Carolina
The list goes on and on...

Krugan
03-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Tampa, via 3 way trade with Cleveland.

Before you blow a fuse, we would be in a good position for next years Tebow/Bradford sweepstakes.

Jay to TB for a first next year and a 3rd this year. Third(and maybe a very late pick) for Quinn, Noone knows what the kid has, and what better way to find out. Put him on a team that more than likely will tank this year. Next year we have 2 first rounds, more than likely both sitting in the top 15.

Grab a Bradford(think he will play out beter as a pro then Tebow) and start fresh in 2010.

Not over realistic, but an interesting thought.(I think)

omac
03-02-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't really even want to think about it. If McDoogie pulled off what he attempted, I don't think he'd make it through his first home game without a few beers being thrown his way. Especially if we'd have gotten Cassel, the guy is serviceable, but absolutely nothing special.

God forgive me for saying this. Jay moving to 2/3's of NFL teams would create an instant upgrade.

Minnesota
Buffalo
Jets
Giants (Eli, again serviceable, but not great)
Carolina
The list goes on and on...

The other thing really stupid about the trade was that the 1st and 3rd picks would've gone to the Pats from Tampa to get Cassel, then Cassel and Jay would be practically a straight-up trade. Talk about not knowing the market value of each player. Just stupid.

But back on topic, yeah, those teams and a lot more definitely get an instant upgrade. Jay and AD plus Minnesota's defense; only a Norv can find a way to make that fail. :D

Northman
03-02-2009, 10:21 AM

Hard to say. At this point i would say no because Warner has had the same guys to work with that Matt does. But, Leinart does have less playing time than Jay has had so its kind of hard to say how good Matt could be. Not sure i would really want to take that risk though.

GEM
03-02-2009, 10:40 AM

Before you blow a fuse, we would be in a good position for next years Tebow/Bradford sweepstakes.

Jay to TB for a first next year and a 3rd this year. Third(and maybe a very late pick) for Quinn, Noone knows what the kid has, and what better way to find out. Put him on a team that more than likely will tank this year. Next year we have 2 first rounds, more than likely both sitting in the top 15.

Grab a Bradford(think he will play out beter as a pro then Tebow) and start fresh in 2010.

Some radio show was talking about Tebow...said he may well end up being the best college player ever, but from all of their points of view, he's not going to be anything special in the NFL. That one will be interesting to see the outcome 15 years from now.

omac
03-02-2009, 10:42 AM

Jay for a 1st next year and a 3rd this year? The market will easily pay much more than that. Any serious talk of Jay and draft picks will at minimum involve a 1st this year plus something. Then again, McDumbass basically wanted a straight swap with Tampa after they'd get Cassel from the Pats.

But ... Tebow ... really? You want a slash/hybrid to run McDaniels passing offense? Plus, you don't need to take him in the 1st round. He'll most likely be available later.

omac
03-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Hard to say. At this point i would say no because Warner has had the same guys to work with that Matt does. But, Leinart does have less playing time than Jay has had so its kind of hard to say how good Matt could be. Not sure i would really want to take that risk though.

Leinart's work ethic was scrutinized before, and the lack of velocity from his passes make it easier for NFL defenders to adjust to them. It's only when he started getting benched that he started to work hard; before that, he just liked partying. The job was his to lose, and he lost it.

Northman
03-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Leinart's work ethic was scrutinized before, and the lack of velocity from his passes make it easier for NFL defenders to adjust to them. It's only when he started getting benched that he started to work hard; before that, he just liked partying. The job was his to lose, and he lost it.

Cant argue with that.

muse
03-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Send him to the Oxford Cavaliers. We'll send you Myron Rolle and Honorary Degrees (which you could probably trade to Bill Belichick for draft picks. After all, draft picks don't stroke his ego).

Thnikkaman
03-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Cards

Krugan
03-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Jay for a 1st next year and a 3rd this year? The market will easily pay much more than that. Any serious talk of Jay and draft picks will at minimum involve a 1st this year plus something. Then again, McDumbass basically wanted a straight swap with Tampa after they'd get Cassel from the Pats.

But ... Tebow ... really? You want a slash/hybrid to run McDaniels passing offense? Plus, you don't need to take him in the 1st round. He'll most likely be available later.

No, I said grab a bradford.

Why not a first next year? The idea is to set ourselves up for a top 5 QB pick.

Its not more far fetched then tossing jay for basically Cassell.

I say this with the best intentions, Jay needs to be moved now. I honestly dont see how the Broncos can hang onto him after this mess. There are going to be future issues(contract could very well be the back breaker) so why not cut ties, position yourself for the future, and bite the bullet on a season of rebuilding now?

Hardwired
03-02-2009, 05:24 PM
I say this with the best intentions, Jay needs to be moved now. I honestly dont see how the Broncos can hang onto him after this mess. There are going to be future issues(contract could very well be the back breaker) so why not cut ties, position yourself for the future, and bite the bullet on a season of rebuilding now?

Which is thick with irony when you consider Pat brought in Josh because McD had the plan NOT to go through a rebuilding process.

Krugan
03-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Which is thick with irony when you consider Pat brought in Josh because McD had the plan NOT to go through a rebuilding process.

Sad but true.

Also Pat stated Jay "was the man in town now" and it seems that was a pile, or it might not be because we werent in the room and cant know what happened.

All im saying is, it may just very well be time to blow up the bridge, and build a new one. The pillars seem to have some big cracks and decaying foundations.

BigDaddyBronco
03-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Trade Jay to Detriot for a 1st round pick next year (their #1 overall pick this year isn't worth it) and their 2nd round pick this year.

Then bring in a veteran QB like Jeff Garcia or Leftwich until we can find another QB or draft one at #12 (bleech).

We could really shore up our defense this year with a 1st rounder and 2 2nd rounders.

I would at a minimum want a 1st and a 3rd for a QB of Cutler's quality. No way I would trade him without some damn good draft picks coming back at us, since you would be throwing this year away.

jrelway
03-02-2009, 05:37 PM
wherever shanny goes, i hope cutty goes there if he aint playin in denver.

SoCalImport
03-02-2009, 05:43 PM
If Jay was traded, not considering what we'd look to get for him, I'd just want him in the NFC, and far away from the rockies.

That's funny. didn't realize I'd get that Rockies head

Buff
03-02-2009, 05:45 PM
The Edmonton Eskimos

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 05:58 PM
No, I said grab a bradford.

Why not a first next year? The idea is to set ourselves up for a top 5 QB pick.

Its not more far fetched then tossing jay for basically Cassell.

There have been situations just as messy within this organization and others that have worked out in the past.

NameUsedBefore
03-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Lions. I sympathize with them.

Plus, Cutler couldn't possibly play lights-out and embarrass us there. Send him off to Arizona or some shit and the guy might end up winning super bowls and making us look like total dumbasses while we got Darrell Hackney tossing floppy passes.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Detroit or Buffalo. Both are within easy driving distance and my dad is a Lions fan.

Broncogator
03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
The Edmonton Eskimos

Nahh, I'm thinking Rough Riders...definitely the Rough Riders..

weazel
03-02-2009, 06:35 PM
couldnt care less. Im a Broncos fan, dont care what the players do after they are gone.

bcbronc
03-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Nahh, I'm thinking Rough Riders...definitely the Rough Riders..

It has to be the BC Lions. stick with orange.

maybe Aaron Hunt and Jeverious Jackson would be enough? Hunt is a CFL all-star.

omac
03-02-2009, 09:54 PM
There have been situations just as messy within this organization and others that have worked out in the past.

Yes. One of them involved getting rid of Dan Reeves, hehehe. Wonder what happened to all those Elway haters? It's like they never existed. :D

omac
03-02-2009, 09:58 PM
I hope for McDaniels' sake that Cassel has at least a decent season with the Chiefs. Anything lackluster from him won't reflect well on our new coach.

But back on topic, if he went to the Bears, all the Bears would need is one solid receiver. If they're somehow able to get Cutler, I wonder if they'd have enough to get Boldin too? That would really shore things up, with Forte getting the tough yards, and their defense making stops.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Trade Jay to Detriot for a 1st round pick next year (their #1 overall pick this year isn't worth it) and their 2nd round pick this year.

Then bring in a veteran QB like Jeff Garcia or Leftwich until we can find another QB or draft one at #12 (bleech).

We could really shore up our defense this year with a 1st rounder and 2 2nd rounders.

I would at a minimum want a 1st and a 3rd for a QB of Cutler's quality. No way I would trade him without some damn good draft picks coming back at us, since you would be throwing this year away.

hell I'd take DET 2,3,4 this year if they have them give us a shit pot full of picks before number 130.. 6 or so..

#1's cost to much guaranteed money up front and NO chnace at knowing if they will pan out.. thus lost money