PDA

View Full Version : Boomer Esiason

pipes
01-14-2012, 10:21 PM
So there I was, in the Phoenix airport just yesterday and I purchase a magazine for my flight back to Minneapolis. I purchased it because it was the NFL mag with Tebow on the cover...I figure, at least there will be an article on Denver and Tebow.

I was wrong, however. There was two. I'll start with the second one. Now, this is a little outdated as I found out cause this was in the midst of the winning streak that Tebow had led the Broncos on-which is what the article was about. Same old story, blah blah blah...

I'll back up to the first article. This again was the "other" same old story...blah blah blah, this "other" article was on how poor of an NFL QB, nay NFL player that Tebow is and will never be a good one. The writer even mentions his own NFL experience and boasts of his career not only as a former QB but also as an analyst.

I found this odd because he was a very good QB in his time but have NEVER heard of ANYONE who's ever been enlightened or entertained by his "analysis".

Obviously I let the cat out of the bag with the title of this thread, but the writer of this article was none other than Boomer Esiason. After reading, all I could do was roll my eyes and muster a "hymph".

That was until today's halftime show. Now, not only is it common knowledge that he holds angst towards Tebow's NFL career but he also swings from Tom Brady's ballbag like a monkey in a tree. So during the halftime show, Boomer tried mightily to hide his giddiness but ultimately, could not!

This irritated and angered me, then intrigued me. This reaction got my mind racing about another young QB who had to endure a similar, jealous reaction from a veteran QB. Albeit, not the same situation, however. The other situation that I'm talking about is what Elway had to put up with from Terry Bradshaw.

I had heard different accounts saying that Elway was obviously pi$$ed by that and motivated him. Elway obviously got the last laugh by, in his final season, finally agreed to a sitdown interview with Terry who apologized and confirmed that he was being ignorant and was wrong.

Hopefully Tim can have the same type of redemption at the end of his career!

SR
01-14-2012, 10:23 PM
I watched boomer pass for 500 with the Cards when I was a kid. Didn't read your post though

battherastard
01-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Boomer Esiason lost to Joe Montana in the Super Bowl. Joe Montana is a Tebow supporter. Boomer still has that cold, naked feeling on his ring finger.

pipes
01-14-2012, 10:26 PM
I watched boomer pass for 500 with the Cards when I was a kid. Didn't read your post though

Nice input.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 01:23 AM
Terry was still playing when John was though. It's not quite the same thing. That was actual on-the-field rivalry.

Boomer just doesn't like Tebow. It's basically that simple.

broncobryce
01-15-2012, 01:59 AM

I just masturbated. Didn't read your post though.