PDA

View Full Version : What a season!

broncobryce
01-14-2012, 09:52 PM
I think we can all agree this team exceeded our expectations. It had to come to an end, but I am proud to be a Broncos fan and will proudly wear Broncos gear any day of the week.

Congratulations to the Broncos!

Outstanding job by Fox, Elway, Tebow, Mcgahee, Thomas, Von, Elvis, etc.

Looking forward to next year.:cool:

MileHighCrew
01-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Still 30 mins to go. Even if they don't win this game, win the 2nd half. Finish strong. Great season, way more than anyone expected

madmanbryan
01-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Did way better then the world expected..
Esp..with a 1 and 4 start
We still rep blue and orange

Timmy!
01-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Good season broncos. Fix some holes and continue to improve in the off season. Way about e my expectations this year.

BroncoStud
01-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Draft defense please...

nevcraw
01-14-2012, 10:04 PM
painful but maybe they close the gap

Lancane
01-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Draft defense please...

We need to add some defensive bodies to the mix, but defense doesn't win championships anymore BS, that is as clear as day and was a big discussion the other day on NFLN. We need to improve offensively, it's the high powered offenses ruling the NFL at this time. Sadly we have far too many holes on either side of the ball, and lest not forget that the offensive staff needs upgraded as well.

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2012, 10:09 PM
One thing taints this season.

Embarrassing losses. Why can't we ever get a team that competes every week at the very least?

ATLbroNCO
01-14-2012, 10:13 PM
We need a safety, some young corners.

Its been a great season but its just so frustrating to watch us get torn apart.

BroncoStud
01-14-2012, 10:18 PM
This is an f'ing disgrace... We aren't even playing ANY defense. Draft some speed on defense, PATHETIC.

BroncoJoe
01-14-2012, 10:23 PM
While currently dissapointed, this season FAR exceeded expectations. Thanks Broncos.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2012, 10:23 PM
This is an f'ing disgrace... We aren't even playing ANY defense. Draft some speed on defense, PATHETIC.

Agreed. It's hard to look at the positives of the season when they go out and embarrass themselves like this.

They didn't even compete. They got their ass kicked in every phase of the game.

tomjonesrocks
01-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Agree with the OP.

So much more than I expected. We can't play with the big boys yet, but hopefully this team is done being a doormat for awhile.

Can't wait for a healthy Von Miller next season.

G_Money
01-14-2012, 11:13 PM
I enjoyed this season more than the last two.

We're moving in the right direction.

So thanks for a worthwhile rebuilding year that included a surprising playoff visit. We got the ship turned back around in a positive direction.

For one year? After probably the worst, most disappointing season in Broncos history, I'll definitely take it.

Thanks Broncos. :salute: Now let's add some more talent to this team, because we're woefully outclassed.

~G

Day1BroncoFan
01-14-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm expecting a better season next year for sure. With an off season to prepare we should be a lot better.

NightTerror218
01-14-2012, 11:35 PM
this was an awesome season. We got to actually evaluate out team to see out needs and solid positions. I think we are not as bad off as we originally thought. I do think we need some more Vet presence in some areas and hope we give into FA more this year since we are a playoff team and know we do have a good chance at returning again next year.

Lancane
01-14-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm expecting a better season next year for sure. With an off season to prepare we should be a lot better.

Depends on whether or not Elway makes the right moves this off-season, if we keep McCoy as the offensive coordinator and struggle to add talent in several facets then the chances are that we'll be slightly better...but not by much.

The Glue Factory
01-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Draft defense please...

NO! We need OL help just as much or more. NE was horrid against the run this year and how many times did our runners get stuffed behind the line tonight?

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2012, 12:32 AM
NO! We need OL help just as much or more. NE was horrid against the run this year and how many times did our runners get stuffed behind the line tonight?

I don't think you can base that off one game or I would be inclined to say we need a QB numero uno.I think we need a little of everything honestly.

BORDERLINE
01-15-2012, 12:35 AM
A hell of a year. Great Wins!!!!!

Will never forget this year!!!!

The Glue Factory
01-15-2012, 12:46 AM
I don't think you can base that off one game or I would be inclined to say we need a QB numero uno.I think we need a little of everything honestly.

I use this game as an example of how much of an upgrade we need at OL. I do agree we need a bit of everything, but I think OL is high on that list. Just look at what happened for the NE offense. Brady looked like the second coming of Elway, Montana and Marino in one body tonight!

DL should probably be number 2. We gave Brady all flippin' day back there. Give an elite QB more than 3 seconds and you'd better have Champ covering every receiver.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm starting to think that you should ONLY draft offense and not even bother with defense. What's the point? A 53 yard long piece of tissue paper would have been more effective on defense tonight.

The NFL has turned into a shootout league, defense means very little if you can score on every possession.

Timmy!
01-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Great season....most fun Ive had watching football in a long time. Please open your checkbook mr Bowlen. This team has a good foundation but needs some vet talent.

Joel
01-15-2012, 02:01 AM
We made the final eight with a bunch of starters barely old enough to drink, a year after finishing next to last. That's a BIG win, but we must build on it so we 1) don't need tons of luck and 2) can go all the way.

Guards and corners would be my top priority next year; with a shutdown corner Champ can be an elite safety for the next 5 years, and Harris shows the promise of possibly replacing Goodman soon. If Clady's back to Pro Bowl form once healthy and Franklin learns from his baptism by fire we'll have good tackles, but our whole backfield is screwed unless we improve on Beadles and Walton (plus who knows if Kuper can come back strong?)

MasterShake
01-15-2012, 09:36 AM
I enjoyed this season more than the last two.

We're moving in the right direction.

So thanks for a worthwhile rebuilding year that included a surprising playoff visit. We got the ship turned back around in a positive direction.

For one year? After probably the worst, most disappointing season in Broncos history, I'll definitely take it.

Thanks Broncos. :salute: Now let's add some more talent to this team, because we're woefully outclassed.

~G

Totally agree with this thread. I went into this game HOPING to cover the spread! :lol:

1-4 to a wild card playoff win against a quality opponent at home is huge. And like you said, its nice to go into this offseason thinking of how to improve more instead of what to do with a #2 pick. I love Von Miller, but I never want to be in that situation again.

To me its obvious. All of our worst losses came against elite passing teams. The formula to beat the Broncos Defense was to spread them out and pick them apart because we have such a weak secondary. I'd say the only players out there with any consistency were Champ and Chris Harris. Thats right, a grizzled pro bowl veteran and an undrafted free agent rookie. Thats sad.

Yeah, the offense has its own problems but I'll call it a wash until I see what they do with the OC position and what Tebow does to get better. I hope we shore up this defense to average levels through draft and free agency, and maybe get a nice complement to McGahee.

I watched every second of that game last night, and though disappointing I wasn't upset or cursing like I usually am during a loss. Our season was supposed to end with 4-6 wins against KC on our final home regular season game. I just love how we were probably honestly one of the weakest teams in our division, but managed to take out the Steelers and keep the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers out of the playoffs! :lol:

Next season will be fun. Switching to orange uniforms and I think we have some nice pieces in place. If we can establish what KIND of team we are early on, I think we can make some noise again. The feeling of hopelessness is gone, and replaced with cautious optimism. And for that, THANK YOU DENVER BRONCOS.

BigDaddyBronco
01-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Lots of great memories this season, overachieving team, fun to watch, and it showed signs that make me hopeful for the future.

I think we have a good chance for competing for the division due to the lack of any dominant teams, but we are still a long way from beating the elite teams in the NFL. At least we are pointed in the right direction and have entertaining players to watch as we continue to develop.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Lots of great memories this season, overachieving team, fun to watch, and it showed signs that make me hopeful for the future.

I think we have a good chance for competing for the division due to the lack of any dominant teams, but we are still a long way from beating the elite teams in the NFL. At least we are pointed in the right direction and have entertaining players to watch as we continue to develop.

Chiefs: New coaching staff
Raiturds: New coaching staff
Chargers: Same coaching staff

All three add up to a very good chance to compete for the division again!

BigDaddyBronco
01-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Chiefs: New coaching staff
Raiturds: New coaching staff
Chargers: Same coaching staff

All three add up to a very good chance to compete for the division again!

I think the Chiefs will be the biggest threat. The Chargers are regressing and have Norv, they had their window close last year. The Raiders still have a messed up front office and just seem to lack chemistry. They have talent, but can't seem to put it together. The Chiefs will have several pieces back from injury and are really just a QB and maybe a WR away from being pretty good. Hopefully their coaches will deep six them.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2012, 10:24 AM
I like how Krieger ended his article:

In any case, when the frustration of Saturday night's dismantling fades, give them all credit. They captivated a city, a state, even a nation. They made more indelible memories than we had any right to expect.

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_19746351

gregbroncs
01-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Thank you Broncos. This was an exciting season and I am thankful for that.

This team has some work to do to be elite but right now I don't care. It was a good run and though it was a little embarrassing at times it definitely was not boring.