PDA

View Full Version : Yup, Jay is not a drama queen

Pages : [1] 2

MOtorboat
03-01-2009, 11:06 PM
He's now stomping his feet, and not talking to Denver management....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3944555

Grow the **** up!

getlynched47
03-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I mean I understand why Jay is pissed......but now he's just making himself look bad.

I'm pissed at McDipShit for trying to get stupid Matt Cassel, and I'm also pissed at Jay for not letting it go.

BroncoJoe
03-01-2009, 11:13 PM
"We don't want to trade Jay," McDaniels said. "We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team."

Can he really be that upset that teams inquired? I'd be humbled.

tubby
03-01-2009, 11:17 PM
"They want me to come in and talk to 'em but I'm not doing it right now; I'm going to lay low," said Cutler. "The [Broncos] deny everything. That's a problem. We know for a fact they tried to trade me."

When I lay low, I shut up.

Davii
03-01-2009, 11:18 PM

Tubby,

Please lay low. TIA

BeefStew25
03-01-2009, 11:18 PM

Good point, Tubs, good point.

Kapaibro
03-01-2009, 11:20 PM
The media and Jay are making way too much of this.

Other teams came to Denver wanting Jay. The admin has to consider what they can get for Jay and draft picks if they are offered these things. Jay should grow up, and be happy that other teams thought enough of him to even ask.

getlynched47
03-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Do you think Jay is making such a big deal because he doesnt want to be a Denver Patriot??

Greatspirits
03-01-2009, 11:24 PM

Grow the **** up!

Couldn't agree with you more, I beginning to feel they should have traded his sorry little crybaby self!! Hey memo to Jay, trying winning 10 games and getting to the playoffs until you start worrying about being appreciated. He's been nothing but a .500 quarterback since being the named the starter 2 1/2 years ago.

atwater27
03-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Our immature head coach is the problem.

BroncoJoe
03-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Cutler or not, the franchise will survive.

atwater27
03-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Cutler or not, the franchise will survive.

Don't go out on a ledge or anything. Anchorage, Alaska is ready for a franchise.

Greatspirits
03-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Our immature head coach is the problem.

Iv'e read some of your other quotes, backing Cutler and bashing McKid, ok explain to me why Cutler's the best young quarterback in the game! What has he done to back up your contentions? All he's proven to me is that he's a .500 quarterback at best. Then he whines and pouts and crys when anything adversary comes his way.

UberBroncoMan
03-01-2009, 11:42 PM
The media and Jay are making way too much of this.

Other teams came to Denver wanting Jay. The admin has to consider what they can get for Jay and draft picks if they are offered these things. Jay should grow up, and be happy that other teams thought enough of him to even ask.

Yes... asked to get replaced with his head coaches ex-loverboy and then kept in the dark about it.

BroncoJoe
Don't go out on a ledge or anything. Anchorage, Alaska is ready for a franchise.

Whatever. I'm a Broncos fan, not a coach, not a player.

What are you?

atwater27
Iv'e read some of your other quotes, backing Cutler and bashing McKid, ok explain to me why Cutler's the best young quarterback in the game! What has he done to back up your contentions? All he's proven to me is that he's a .500 quarterback at best. Then he whines and pouts and crys when anything adversary comes his way.

How many other QB's would have gone .500 with the STELLAR defense we have? Case closed, go back to http://bolttalk.com/. TIA

tubby
Do you think Jay is making such a big deal because he doesnt want to be a Denver Patriot??

Yep. His actions tell me he actually wants to be traded. Keep it up Jay.

EMB6903
wonder what Jay thinks about Brandon Marshall getting arrested again

tubby
03-01-2009, 11:43 PM
How many other QB's would have gone .500 with the STELLAR defense we have? Case closed, go back to http://bolttalk.com/. TIA

Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl with a 31st ranked defense.

atwater27
03-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Whatever. I'm a Broncos fan, not a coach, not a player.

What are you?

Although I am not a master of the obvious as yourself, I am a meat popsicle. I am tasty and you may lick me if you like.

broncogirl7
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
I don't blame Jay for being pissed. There should have been some reassurance right when the rumors started to fly instead of leaving Jay hanging. I don't want this to be the Denver Patriots...I want the Denver Broncos back out on the field.

atwater27
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM

Awesome! Got his jersey?

BroncoJoe
03-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Although I am not a master of the obvious as yourself, I am a meat popsicle. I am tasty and you may lick me if you like.

That is clear. And no, I do not.

Players come and go, the Broncos are the Broncos.

Signed,

Caption Obvious

atwater27
03-01-2009, 11:51 PM
That is clear. And no, I do not.

Players come and go, the Broncos are the Patriots.

Signed,

Caption Obvious

edited for accuracy

tubby
03-01-2009, 11:54 PM
wonder what Jay thinks about Brandon Marshall getting arrested again

Cutler is laying low. We should know within the hour.

BroncoJoe
03-01-2009, 11:56 PM
edited for accuracy

Yeah, because that would really suck.

honz
03-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah, because that would really suck.
You don't like winning Super Bowls?

BroncoJoe
03-01-2009, 11:58 PM
You don't like winning Super Bowls?

The Patriots organization is really a mess. I can't believe they even have fans.

ChairmanBron
03-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Come on, Jay is no dumba$$. He knows what a "vote of no confidence" looks like, he saw that first hand during his rookie year. I am sure he is taking advice from his rookie year mentor who told him to watch out for himself, not to trust anybody in the organization and stick it to them if they messed with him. :salute:

Greatspirits
03-02-2009, 12:11 AM

Sorry dude, but disagree with you on this one, I've seen what Cutler's done and I'm not impressed, I'm putting my money on McDaniels this time.

Northman
03-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Come on, Jay is no dumba$$. He knows what a "vote of no confidence" looks like, he saw that first hand during his rookie year. I am sure he is taking advice from his rookie year mentor who told him to watch out for himself, not to trust anybody in the organization and stick it to them if they messed with him. :salute:

The legend of Plummer continues. :lol:

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Man, all the chick detectives on CSI are smoking.

Lorcust
03-02-2009, 12:48 AM

Yeh, he only played through undiagnosed diabetes and battle through it for the team.

He clearly can't handle adversity. :rolleyes:

Get a clue!

LoyalSoldier
03-02-2009, 01:30 AM

Ok

1. Peyton was in his 7th or 8th year as a Pro. Cutler is just in his third.

2. The reason they were able to win is because the defense stopped being retarded and actually played. In fact Manning had some what of a miserable post season that year. So he wasn't exactly carrying his team

Sorry dude, but disagree with you on this one, I've seen what Cutler's done and I'm not impressed, I'm putting my money on McDaniels this time.

Strange I only hear that from Bolts fans. Wonder why?

Kapaibro
03-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Yes... asked to get replaced with his head coaches ex-loverboy and then kept in the dark about it.

I wasn't aware that Jay was running the show. He's an employee, and this is all speculation EXCEPT for his tantrums.

Simple Jaded
03-02-2009, 02:03 AM
The Broncos management cut off contact with the Cutler camp first, so maybe the Cutler camp wants to wait and see how things turn out when the dust settles before they meet with Doogie and Xanahan.......if being traded is still a real possibility, it makes perfect sense that Cutler does not want to meet with people that are probably just going to lie about everything anyway.

If Cutler has been immature in this mess, than he has a lot of company, and this mess was not his creation, it's Doogie's.

Doogie is a World Class Idiot for considering the trade in the first place, combine that with the pathetic class of 09 free agents and I have zero confidence that the control of the Denver Broncos Franchise is in competent hands.......

Devilspawn
03-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Astrology wise, as a stubborn Taurus (as is McDaniels) he won't change.

Best to move on. The attitude of a player greatly enhances or cripples his abilities. See: Ryan Leaf.

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 03:48 AM
The McDaniels ripple effect…

The pebble seemed small to some but to others it was a 2 ton bolder.
The size of the stone really isn’t as important as the lake in which it was thrown. Depending on that lake, the stone could have either caused little disruption or forced waves crashing upon the banks. For those sitting on the shoreline, the natural response is to blame the water for getting them wet, those with a little more insight look at the stone as the reason for ruining their peaceful plans. Others look even farther into the matter to find the real culprit of the disruption. They conclude, “Who else could be to blame except the person who threw the stone?”

The person who took it upon himself to throw the bolder should have considered what would happen once the granite broke the calm surface of the pond. If they are going to appoint themselves the authority to do such things, they must also be held accountable for the repercussion their actions has cause. Blaming anything but the person who threw the stone will not stop it from happening again. One must go back to the starting point if they want to trace the origin of occurrences

The point is simple, even if some of this is getting blown out of proportion by Cutlers maturity level. That should have been a consideration by those that pushed this ball in motion! They should have done whatever was needed to prevent this. That is of course giving them the benefit of doubt and assuming they didn’t in fact want to trade Cutler.

If Cutler and everyone else who has had anything to say about this are right, and McDaniels did want to trade Cutler, then he has every right to be upset by this. Think about it, if they didn’t want him but are now stuck because they lost out on Cassel, the guy they wanted, that isn’t fair to Cutler. What makes them think he now wants to play for them? Why do some give McDaniels the right to decide rather he wants Cutler to play but they don’t give Cutler the right to decide rather or not he now wants to play for McDaniels?

Normally when there is deceit involved, the party with the most to gain from the situation is lying. I don’t see what Cutler has to gain from making this up? The FO on the other hand has everything to gain by trying to cover their actions.

Besides, I am glad Cutler wants to clear his head before he talks with the FO. With all those emotions involved, the outcome couldn’t be a good one. Perhaps once he settles down he will be able to sit down with them and clear the air?

Right now, almost everyone believes McDaniels tried to trade Cutler. Unless everyone involved is simply wrong, the FO is lying and in doing so, they are making Cutler look bad. That is pissing him off even more. Who can blame him for that? Some are calling him names for overreacting, well if everything he believes to be true is in fact true, he isn’t overreacting.

I hope Pat steps in before this goes past the point of no return.

Kapaibro
03-02-2009, 04:11 AM
The McDaniels ripple effect…

The pebble seemed small to some but to others it was a 2 ton bolder.
The size of the stone really isn’t as important as the lake in which it was thrown. Depending on that lake, the stone could have either caused little disruption or forced waves crashing upon the banks. For those sitting on the shoreline, the natural response is to blame the water for getting them wet, those with a little more insight look at the stone as the reason for ruining their peaceful plans. Others look even farther into the matter to find the real culprit of the disruption. They conclude, “Who else could be to blame except the person who threw the stone?”

The person who took it upon himself to throw the bolder should have considered what would happen once the granite broke the calm surface of the pond. If they are going to appoint themselves the authority to do such things, they must also be held accountable for the repercussion their actions has cause. Blaming anything but the person who threw the stone will not stop it from happening again. One must go back to the starting point if they want to trace the origin of occurrences

The point is simple, even if some of this is getting blown out of proportion by Cutlers maturity level. That should have been a consideration by those that pushed this ball in motion! They should have done whatever was needed to prevent this. That is of course giving them the benefit of doubt and assuming they didn’t in fact want to trade Cutler.

If Cutler and everyone else who has had anything to say about this are right, and McDaniels did want to trade Cutler, then he has every right to be upset by this. Think about it, if they didn’t want him but are now stuck because they lost out on Cassel, the guy they wanted, that isn’t fair to Cutler. What makes them think he now wants to play for them? Why do some give McDaniels the right to decide rather he wants Cutler to play but they don’t give Cutler the right to decide rather or not he now wants to play for McDaniels?

Normally when there is deceit involved, the party with the most to gain from the situation is lying. I don’t see what Cutler has to gain from making this up? The FO on the other hand has everything to gain by trying to cover their actions.

Besides, I am glad Cutler wants to clear his head before he talks with the FO. With all those emotions involved, the outcome couldn’t be a good one. Perhaps once he settles down he will be able to sit down with them and clear the air?

Right now, almost everyone believes McDaniels tried to trade Cutler. Unless everyone involved is simply wrong, the FO is lying and in doing so, they are making Cutler look bad. That is pissing him off even more. Who can blame him for that? Some are calling him names for overreacting, well if everything he believes to be true is in fact true, he isn’t overreacting.

Cutler is a contracted employee. I'm betting there is a clause which permits the Broncos FO to talk about trading him without prior consultation.

I believe that other teams tried to get Cutler in a trade situation, and were denied by McDaniels and the FO. Just because Cassel was a Patsy with McD, doesn't mean that McD wanted to work with him.

Hell, for all anyone knows he laughed off the idea and told folks to piss off. But Jay gets it into his head, without actually having spoken to anyone except the press, that he is on the chopping block.

Hello? This is a business, and the business is all about winning. Jay ain't winning, so he can't expect his job to be safe as houses.

Until Jay has the balls to front up to the FO and talk like a man to them, rather than getting miffed to the media, then I'm firmly on McD's side.

Den21vsBal19
03-02-2009, 04:12 AM

That may be the best way of clearing things up, however this (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11815666)doesn't make it appear likely at the moment :tsk:

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen declined an interview request Sunday. The team's official stance is that McDaniels addressed the matter to The Denver Post on Saturday and will issue no further comment.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 04:38 AM
Ok

1. Peyton was in his 7th or 8th year as a Pro. Cutler is just in his third.

2. The reason they were able to win is because the defense stopped being retarded and actually played. In fact Manning had some what of a miserable post season that year. So he wasn't exactly carrying his team

Strange I only hear that from Bolts fans. Wonder why?

It's amazing how small details like that can slip some peoples minds.

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Cutler is a contracted employee. I'm betting there is a clause which permits the Broncos FO to talk about trading him without prior consultation.

I believe that other teams tried to get Cutler in a trade situation, and were denied by McDaniels and the FO. Just because Cassel was a Patsy with McD, doesn't mean that McD wanted to work with him.

Hell, for all anyone knows he laughed off the idea and told folks to piss off. But Jay gets it into his head, without actually having spoken to anyone except the press, that he is on the chopping block.

Hello? This is a business, and the business is all about winning. Jay ain't winning, so he can't expect his job to be safe as houses.

Until Jay has the balls to front up to the FO and talk like a man to them, rather than getting miffed to the media, then I'm firmly on McD's side.

Jay didn't get this from the press. He said he could tell something was up the last couple of weeks by the way people were acting, he also said he "knows" for a fact they were trying to trade him.

Why would he pull that out of thin air? Also, someone told him there were trade talks, how would he have even known someone called about a trade? He is getting info from someone, that info has caused him to believe without a doubt the trade talks were serious. He obviously trusts his sources more then the FO.

If it was known as fact McDaniels really was trying to trade him, who's side would you be on?

Den21vsBal19
03-02-2009, 04:58 AM
If it was known as fact McDaniels really was trying to trade him, who's side would you be on?

To be brutally honest, it would have to depend on the value of the trade................if it was some kind of Walker super-deal I could be persuaded, but if as I believe has been reported Cassel & a third :tsk:

And IIRC, the Walker deal that went such a long way to creating that Cowboys dynasty predated the salary cap, and probably couldn't happen today.............

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 05:27 AM

Grow the **** up!

Cutler’s agent: No meeting yet between QB, Broncos (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/01/cutlers-agent-says-qb-isnt-meeting-with-broncos-in-denver/)

Cutler’s agent: No meeting yet between QB, Broncos

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Denver Broncos, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels

The Internet is abuzz with speculation that Broncos QB Jay Cutler is in Denver and ready to have a sit-down meeting with team officials, possibly even including new head coach Josh McDaniels.

But Cutler’s agent, James “Bus” Cook, called Sunday night to say that his client isn’t in Denver, has no immediate plans to be in Denver and doesn’t know the next time he’ll be in Denver.

On top of that, there was and is no meeting scheduled between Cutler and the Broncos.

“At some point in the future, I’d imagine there probably will be a meeting,” Cook said. “But right now, there’s absolutely nothing scheduled. There’s nothing to (the speculation).”

Meanwhile, Broncos sources have maintained just as adamantly that Cutler isn’t on the trading block and will not be dealt.

So there is plenty to talk about it regarding Cutler and the Broncos. But for the time being, those talks aren’t occurring between the two sides.

Kind of hard to miss a meeting when there wasn't one scheduled..

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 05:51 AM
To be brutally honest, it would have to depend on the value of the trade................if it was some kind of Walker super-deal I could be persuaded, but if as I believe has been reported Cassel & a third :tsk:

And IIRC, the Walker deal that went such a long way to creating that Cowboys dynasty predated the salary cap, and probably couldn't happen today.............

So if the deal was good for the Broncos Cutler wouldn't have a right to be upset? LOL

I think you might have missed the point of my question. Kap is on Mckids side, she also doesn't appear to believe they tried to trade Cutler.

I was trying to figure out if the 2 were linked or if she was just another Plummer supporter that automatically sides against everything that has anything to do with Cutler..

claymore
03-02-2009, 06:22 AM

Grow the **** up!

Jay didnt start this, It isnt his job to fix it. The new **** head regime did this....... They need to fix it instead of denying shit.

Den21vsBal19
03-02-2009, 08:09 AM
So if the deal was good for the Broncos Cutler wouldn't have a right to be upset? LOL

I think you might have missed the point of my question. Kap is on Mckids side, she also doesn't appear to believe they tried to trade Cutler.

I was trying to figure out if the 2 were linked or if she was just another Plummer supporter that automatically sides against everything that has anything to do with Cutler..
My bad.....I did misunderstand :lol:

I was a Jake supporter, and still think he got the short end of the stick, but I was a Jake supporter because he was the quarterback of the Denver Broncos, which now means I'm a Jay fan until he completely screws up.

On to this matter, I think that both sides are in the wrong to be honest..................if McDaniels believes that Cassel or any other QB is a better fit for what he wants to do, then it is his responsibility to try and get the best value he can for Cutler........I don't like it, but that's the way it is...................where he (and/or Xanders) have gone wrong is in not speaking to Jay and letting him find out through the press.

Jay is also in the wrong for replying through the press before talking to the FO and finding out what's going on................plenty of blame to go around for everyone here, IMO..............

broncofaninfla
03-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Jay has every right to be upset. They entertained offers and made an effort to get Cassell and now they are lying about it.

claymore
03-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Jay has every right to be upset. They entertained offers and made an effort to get Cassell and now they are lying about it.

IMO, Bowlen needs to take a day or two and fly to Nashville and fix this.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 08:35 AM

No he is making a big deal of it because he thinks he is still on the block.

And did McNificent say sorry to the franchise that he didnt contact him first?

that guy is going places :D

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Why is it the organizations responsibility to tell Cutler that they had a conversation about him? The problem here is there are 6 sides to this story and sadly...most people are aytomatically going to believe the worst. What if the organization listened to an offer and turned it down? Big deal. Where is the factual evidence that McDaniels and Xanders ACTIVELY tried to trade him?

To be honest...with the way he's acting right now...I'd be happy to tell him he's on the block. Keep up the bitching and whining young man...and then tell me how much fun it is playing in Detroit.

atwater27
03-02-2009, 09:08 AM

I don't know if you heard but political sigs are not allowed here. Mods?

By the way, name the QB's you think are better than Cutler, and when I am done laughing we can talk about the likelihood of bringing them to Denver.

claymore
03-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Why is it the organizations responsibility to tell Cutler that they had a conversation about him? The problem here is there are 6 sides to this story and sadly...most people are aytomatically going to believe the worst. What if the organization listened to an offer and turned it down? Big deal. Where is the factual evidence that McDaniels and Xanders ACTIVELY tried to trade him?

To be honest...with the way he's acting right now...I'd be happy to tell him he's on the block. Keep up the bitching and whining young man...and then tell me how much fun it is playing in Detroit.

Its their responsibility because they are the ones that ****** it up. Cutler did nothing wrong.

McDipshit got caught with his hands in the cookie Jar.

The leak came out of Boston, so I think Belichickenshit caused this. And if that is the case, McDipshit needs to convince Cutler that he sincerley had zero intentions on trading him for Cassel.

atwater27
03-02-2009, 09:14 AM
This is hilarious. This is worse than the QUentin Griffin debate or the Plummer/Cutler debate. We have a broncosfan civil war going here. The Cutlers Vs the Mcnumbnutz.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Its their responsibility because they are the ones that ****** it up. Cutler did nothing wrong.

The leak came out of Boston, so I think Belichickenshit caused this. And if that is the case, McDipshit needs to convince Cutler that he sincerley had zero intentions on trading him for Cassel.

What did they **** up?

They were called. They said no, and now Belichick leaked that they had been called.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 09:20 AM

Are you serious?

First...McDaniels and Xanders really dont have to justify their actions to ANYONE other than Bowlen.

Second...if another team contacted them, how the hell did they get caught with their hands in the jar?

Third...McDaniels explained the scenario and Cutler continued to cry about it and refused to go talk about it. If Jay would have acted like a man and just went and spoke with them in the first place, NONE of this drama ever would have happened.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 09:26 AM
By the way, name the QB's you think are better than Cutler, and when I am done laughing we can talk about the likelihood of bringing them to Denver.

IMHO, Joe Flacco, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethisberger, Kurt Warner, Donovan McNabb. Only because they have playoff wins. Just this past postseason.

Rex
03-02-2009, 09:28 AM
IMHO, Joe Flacco, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethisberger, Kurt Warner, Donovan McNabb. Only because they have playoff wins. Just this past postseason.

Chiefs fans cant say "playoff wins" here.:D

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 09:35 AM

Oh your a bright one there :eek: But can you tell me im wrong? :whistle:

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 09:37 AM

go away troll...

Rex
03-02-2009, 09:38 AM

It was a joke. Dont come here acting like a dick and stirring up shit like you have and expect to not get some grief.

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 09:39 AM

you mean Dave Krieg and Steve DeBerg were not great playoff QBS:lol:

Rex
03-02-2009, 09:41 AM

or Grbac or Gannon or Green or Thigpen or Croyle or Huard.

BroncoJoe
03-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Jay didnt start this, It isnt his job to fix it. The new **** head regime did this....... They need to fix it instead of denying shit.

Maybe not quite true...

I believe if Denver offered Belichick its first-round pick last Thursday instead of, apparently, on Saturday, that Cassel would be a Bronco today and current Denver QB Jay Cutler a Buc or Lion. Cutler, by the way, will make peace with McDaniels, who's now coaching Denver. He has no choice, and he's a reasonable kid. I don't blame him for being ticked off at the Broncos for trying to deal for Cassel, but he's going to have to get over it and realize he's got a heck of a chance to win with McDaniels running his offense.

I heard one other interesting thing Sunday: Cutler asked for a trade shortly after the Broncos lost offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates -- Cutler's confidant -- to USC after the season. So maybe both sides need to go into marriage counseling here.

From Peter King who has as good of inside info as Adam, IMO.

Rex
03-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Maybe not quite true...

Did he want to be traded to USC?

Better be careful, he might not start at USC. :shocked:

:joke: No angry PMs or MHS please.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 09:45 AM
It was a joke. Dont come here acting like a dick and stirring up shit like you have and expect to not get some grief.

Yeah...im not stirring up anything. Your McNificent coach done that all on his own. Im just another football fan here, giving you a different point of view.

claymore
03-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Maybe not quite true...

Peter King is a douchebag. I dont see this at all. But if this is true, I will agree that he is immature and needs to grow up.

That aside, I dont think he has said or done anything that can be construed as him being a whiner/baby/bitch.

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah...im not stirring up anything. Your McNificent coach done that all on his own. Im just another football fan here, giving you a different point of view.

http://bengals.enquirer.com/img/photos/080997francis_450x414.jpg

claymore
03-02-2009, 09:48 AM

If we wanted to look at our problems thru a horses ass we would have called you.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 09:49 AM

or Grbac or Gannon or Green or Thigpen or Croyle or Huard.

So im guessing that is a big fat NO. You guys cant tell me that im wrong. :coffee:

Rex
03-02-2009, 09:51 AM
So im guessing that is a big fat NO. You guys cant tell me that im wrong. :coffee:

Tell you what?

That you probably were not born when KC won a SB?

Tell you that you have won 6 games in 2 years?

Tell you that half of your team currently has trade demands (the good players on your team)?

Troll.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 09:52 AM
If we wanted to look at our problems thru a horses ass we would have called you.

:listen: stop talking to yourself thru a mirror. Im with you on almost half the stuff your commenting on. :salute:

claymore
03-02-2009, 09:53 AM
:listen: stop talking to yourself thru a mirror. Im with you on almost half the stuff your commenting on. :salute:

Oh then carry on. :D

Mike
03-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Maybe not quite true...

Joe, King is as unreliable of a reporter as it gets. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with Shefter.

BroncoJoe
03-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Peter King is a douchebag. I dont see this at all. But if this is true, I will agree that he is immature and needs to grow up.

That aside, I dont think he has said or done anything that can be construed as him being a whiner/baby/bitch.

Like him or not, he's right 90% of the time.

claymore
03-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Like him or not, he's right 90% of the time.

Ive never known him to be right on rumors. Im not disagreeing, just not in a position to argue either way.

If Shefter said it, It would be pretty much a fact to me.

Peter King is one of those guys I only read when I have to cause he is so biased.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 10:00 AM
I dont care if the Lord himself posted this story. Unless they were in the room when all of this supposedly happened, it's all speculation.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Tell you what?

That you probably were not born when KC won a SB?

Tell you that you have won 6 games in 2 years?

Tell you that half of your team currently has trade demands (the good players on your team)?

Troll.

Thanx for that confirmation. You cant tell me im wrong. :lol:

Just because i wasnt born before KC won their SB. Doesnt make me less of a fan.

Who is better than Cassel? everyone else that has won a playoff game. See its not that hard to see thing for what they are.

As for our players good. They are all under contract and will play or not. LJ's contract is too big to be given. TG is still on board. and Waters is going to get back in line for the team.

Who is the one acting like the dick now?

Rex
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanx for that confirmation. You cant tell me im wrong. :lol:

Just because i wasnt born before KC won their SB. Doesnt make me less of a fan.

Who is better than Cassel? everyone else that has won a playoff game. See its not that hard to see thing for what they are.

As for our players good. They are all under contract and will play or not. LJ's contract is too big to be given. TG is still on board. and Waters is going to get back in line for the team.

and I imagine Cutler will too.

Now dont tell me your dick wouldnt get harder than diamond if Jay Cutler was to suddenly get traded to KC.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 10:09 AM
and I imagine Cutler will too.

Now dont tell me your dick wouldnt get harder than diamond if Jay Cutler was to suddenly get traded to KC.

OMG no thanx for how much his feelings get hurt. He is worse than a woman. No thanx. We have our guy. And Now the question is how long before Cutler will want to bail? before his 3 years is up. and who will give him top value now that everyone knows how bad everything is in McNificent land. :cool:

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 10:10 AM
OMG no thanx for how much his feelings get hurt. He is worse than a woman. No thanx. We have our guy. And Now the question is how long before Cutler will want to bail? before his 3 years is up. and who will give him top value now that everyone knows how bad everything is in McNivcent land. :cool:

Your guy is going to get crushed behind your Ivy League offensive line.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Your guy is going to get crushed behind your Ivy League offensive line.

You know what our O-line did better than the Pats O-line. And he held his own there. So im not scared.

BeefStew25
03-02-2009, 10:14 AM
You know what our O-line did better than the Pats O-line. And he held his own there. So im not scared.

Hmmm. Ok. I will disengage from this conversation. Oh, and close your mouth.

Rex
03-02-2009, 10:15 AM

Yeah.

The O line that blew holes open for..........ummm........how many ypg? Tell me about the prolific offense that was...ummm....ranked where?

2 wins. Tell me how great the offense is again.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 10:18 AM

:eek: And i was being so nice :confused: Sorry about the facts guys :laugh:

Northman
03-02-2009, 10:18 AM

Funny how that works right?

When Jake got benched all we heard was how Shanny F'd him over. Now we have a new HC entertaing trade options behind Jay's back and its just business. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 10:19 AM

Jay does not know how to shut up. He has cried constantly about Rivers etc.

Its time to look in the mirror Jay and lead this team and stop whining

and why does he get a free pass so much of the time. Its laughable really.

Yes I will be flamed by the Cutler can do know wrong people but I dDC:coffee:

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Yeah.

The O line that blew holes open for..........ummm........how many ypg? Tell me about the prolific offense that was...ummm....ranked where?

2 wins. Tell me how great the offense is again.

We were talking about how my guy was going to get crushed. Not YPG. But you know what. That great Offense was the one that gave you guys your first loss last year. And now we have a QB that can throw a better deep ball and take a hit too. ;)

claymore
03-02-2009, 10:24 AM
OMG no thanx for how much his feelings get hurt. He is worse than a woman. No thanx. We have our guy. And Now the question is how long before Cutler will want to bail? before his 3 years is up. and who will give him top value now that everyone knows how bad everything is in McNificent land. :cool:

Jay is not a whiny bish. Our organization took a huge step back since we fired Shannahan.

We look like bumbling fools getting rid of a very good LS for another LS with equal abilities and higher contract, trying to trade a very good franchise QB for a douche one year wonder system QB..... All the while trying to sign our most troubling player to an extension.

Rex
03-02-2009, 10:25 AM
We were talking about how my guy was going to get crushed. Not YPG. But you know what. That great Offense was the one that gave you guys your first loss last year. And now we have a QB that can throw a better deep ball and take a hit too. ;)

They put a running QB in the "pistol" to get him out of the pocket. They had no confidence in their OL

And...please....continue to brag about running on Denver's defense. Please.
That is awesome. that is like bragging about banging a hooker.

Northman
03-02-2009, 10:26 AM
They put a running QB in the "pistol" to get him out of the pocket. They had no confidence in their OL

A fat one at that.

claymore
03-02-2009, 10:29 AM

Cassel is going to get killed behind KC's line.

DallasChief
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Jay is not a whiny bish. Our organization took a huge step back since we fired Shannahan.

We look like bumbling fools getting rid of a very good LS for another LS with equal abilities and higher contract, trying to trade a very good franchise QB for a douche one year wonder system QB..... All the while trying to sign our most troubling player to an extension.

LOL

Clay, you should call your doc and get your Xanax RX refilled.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 10:33 AM

Hey you wont get me to say anthing different there. But if she quacks like a duck, walks like a duck...

Well i would never call your defense a hooker. But they sure laid down like one at the end of the year.

claymore
03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
LOL

Clay, you should call your doc and get your Xanax RX refilled.

You suck.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Cassel is going to get killed behind KC's line.

Tyler Thigpen was sacked 26 times last year. Cassel was sacked 47 times and kept on ticking. And im sure Pioli is not done pulling good players for cheap prices.

claymore
03-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Tyler Thigpen was sacked 26 times last year. Cassel was sacked 47 times and kept on ticking. And im sure Pioli is not done pulling good players for cheap prices.

We shall see. I think Thigpen is allot more mobile than Cassel though.

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Maybe not quite true...

shhh dont say that, Remember Jay has a stronger arm than Elway:rolleyes:

this guy says Rivers is a big mouth

Jay look in the http://www.invitinghome.com/Mirrors/MirrorsPictures/1534l_mirror.jpg

and be the QB you can and stop whining and crying.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 10:57 AM
We shall see. I think Thigpen is allot more mobile than Cassel though.

And i think Cassel is more durable than Thigpen.

Rex
03-02-2009, 10:58 AM

They moved him around like crazy out of the "pistol" to keep him from getting killed. Plus he is know for his running. Cassel is not.

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 11:00 AM
And i think Cassel is more durable than Thigpen.

and Cassel is better than Thigpen and will make good use of TG for you guys.

Vrabel is an excellent LB and would be a huge upgrade over the crap that played here last season

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 11:04 AM
IDK, I think Jay is giving his own self a time-out when I read it, when you have that much negativity in a weekend sometimes its best to cool off in another place

JMO

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 11:05 AM
They moved him around like crazy out of the "pistol" to keep him from getting killed. Plus he is know for his running. Cassel is not.

Yet Thigpen ran 62 times and Cassel ran 74 times last year. if given the same amout of games, Thigpen would maybe have 5 more attemps.

claymore
03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Yet Thigpen ran 62 times and Cassel ran 74 times last year. if given the same amout of games, Thigpen would maybe have 5 more attemps.

So in a nutshell you guys wasted a #2 pick. You had a worse weekend than we did.

Northman
03-02-2009, 11:09 AM
IDK, I think Jay is giving his own self a time-out when I read it, when you have that much negativity in a weekend sometimes its best to cool off in another place

JMO

I would. I wouldnt want to meet with anyone either after being stabbed in the back. But if were going to talk i would do it a few days later when the dust has settled. Why go in and get into a shouting match? Nothing gets solved that way when your upset over something.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 11:10 AM
So in a nutshell you guys wasted a #2 pick. You had a worse weekend than we did.

Na...Cassel has a way better rocket of an arm. and Has better reads than Thigpen. He is an upgrade, but we will see if Haley will be able to make a monster out of him.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 11:13 AM
I would. I wouldnt want to meet with anyone either after being stabbed in the back. But if were going to talk i would do it a few days later when the dust has settled. Why go in and get into a shouting match? Nothing gets solved that way when your upset over something.

On the other hand, wouldnt you want to see if you were truly stabbed in the back? I think ALL of us can say that at some time in our life we've experienced a situation where someone said something about us that simply wasnt true to someone else. In that event we could say we never want to be friends with that person again or...we could see if the hearsay was valid.

Seems like Jay is taking the "i'm not your friend anymore approach".

Buff
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I hope they don't apologize to Jay. If anything, they ought to fine him for conduct detrimental to the team. Dude doesn't understand that it's a business and the world doesn't revolve around him.

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 11:23 AM
I hope they don't apologize to Jay. If anything, they ought to fine him for conduct detrimental to the team. Dude doesn't understand that it's a business and the world doesn't revolve around him.

amen to that Buff:salute: salute:

Northman
03-02-2009, 11:26 AM
On the other hand, wouldnt you want to see if you were truly stabbed in the back? I think ALL of us can say that at some time in our life we've experienced a situation where someone said something about us that simply wasnt true to someone else. In that event we could say we never want to be friends with that person again or...we could see if the hearsay was valid.

Seems like Jay is taking the "i'm not your friend anymore approach".

But it was true, they did entertain offers of a trade and didnt let Jay know up front that he could be dealt. You keep playing it off like they didnt entertain the idea of trading him which is silly. The whole deal got nixed because Xanders didnt follow through with it. When Jay talked to them initially they said the just took some calls but never denied that they werent entertaining the idea UNTIL later in the media. That is what Jay is pissed about. If the guy in question calls up and you dont reassure him that he is your guy but then go to the media later on makes you look like your being deceitful.

Northman
03-02-2009, 11:27 AM

Sweet, i hope we can go back and fine Jake too.

claymore
03-02-2009, 11:27 AM

What did he do wrong? He basically said see you march 16th...... Why does he have to ruin his vacation because the Broncos faux paux?

frauschieze
03-02-2009, 11:30 AM

Quoted for posterity's sake, after all the shit I got. :D

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 11:32 AM

and in my whine thread I said it was the dumbest move that was made

BigDaddyBronco
03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Clay is mistaken, Lonnie is much better in the locker room. That is what he got paid for. :D

frauschieze
03-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Clay is mistaken, Lonnie is much better in the locker room. That is what he got paid for. :D

:asshat:

Buff
03-02-2009, 12:52 PM
What did he do wrong? He basically said see you march 16th...... Why does he have to ruin his vacation because the Broncos faux paux?

He reacted like an 8th grader who found out they are being broken up with...

He just handled everything poorly. He had every opportunity to come out of this smelling like roses, but he came across as his usual emo punk self-- talking to the media about how his relationship with his coach is now strained and how he plays for his teammates not for coaches anyway. Then going public with the fact that he said no to a reconciliation meeting--If you don't want to fly in, fine, you're not obligated to... But don't be a bitch and go public with how you are taking a stand against the front office. Blatant grandstanding.

Besides, the team is well within their rights to explore a trade for whomever. No one is safe on a team that has missed the playoffs for 3 years running. To act like he is above that screams of being a primadonna. His whole "my shit don't stink" routine is getting very old.

Kapaibro
03-02-2009, 01:00 PM

Whoa now. I'm not neccessarily on McDaniels side, but I'm not so eager to jump the gun and say this is DEFINITELY what happened.

This is all specualtion, and I, like everyone else, am just presenting my opinion. And from what I have read, Jay is the one making a big deal whereas the FO are the ones being cool.

Yes I did support Plummer, but I believe that Cutler was brought in to improve the Broncos, and I have hoped that he would. I personally don't think he is that good of a leader on field and off, but he's done better than the other QB's in his draft (Leinart, Young).

Push comes to shove, I believe in and support the Broncos first, and individual players second. IF that makes me a Jay hater, or McDaniels lover in some peoples eyes, then so be it.

claymore
03-02-2009, 01:04 PM
He reacted like an 8th grader who found out they are being broken up with...

He just handled everything poorly. He had every opportunity to come out of this smelling like roses, but he came across as his usual emo punk self-- talking to the media about how his relationship with his coach is now strained and how he plays for his teammates not for coaches anyway. Then going public with the fact that he said no to a reconciliation meeting--If you don't want to fly in, fine, you're not obligated to... But don't be a bitch and go public with how you are taking a stand against the front office. Blatant grandstanding.

Besides, the team is well within their rights to explore a trade for whomever. No one is safe on a team that has missed the playoffs for 3 years running. To act like he is above that screams of being a primadonna. His whole "my shit don't stink" routine is getting very old.

I am not seeing what you are obviously. Below are his comments refrence the trade. As for not meeting them in Denver.... Why should he? And with that, all he said was he didnt plan to be back in Denver until March 16th.

The only questionable comment made was the last one. And I dont blame him.

Not only is Cutler a kid, so is Marshall, Sheffler, Royal, and Clady.... They are all freinds, and any team in the NFL would love to have them minus Marshall's shit. Barring that Comment, he handled it as good as anyone could have.

The only other thing he could have said was no comment. Just like the Broncos could have said "Trading Jay Cutler is not an Option".

Cutler on this whole thing........

"My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler said Saturday. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys, but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity."

"What bothers me about this is I've been dropping in there regularly the last 2 1/2 weeks, dealing with these guys, talking to Mr. Bowlen, talking to Josh, talking to (offensive coordinator) Mike McCoy," Cutler said. "Day to day . . . and they didn't reach this point yesterday, you know what I mean? It's been in motion for a while."

"I'm upset. I mean I'm really shocked at this point," he said. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. I just don't get it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."

"Anything can be mended," he said. "I'll always play with the guys we've got. I love playing for those guys. Obviously, Josh and I's relationship has taken a few steps backward. I don't play for the coaches anyway; I play for teammates. As long as we keep the guys we've got, I'll go out there and play. I love those guys."

"I know they love playing for me, and I love playing for them," Cutler said. "There's going to be a lot of problems if they try to trade me. Well, they've already tried to trade me, but if they trade me for sure."

Buff
03-02-2009, 01:07 PM
He's made additional comments since then that were on 104.3 the fan this morning talking about how the team is lying if they say they weren't shopping him, and how you don't see teams trying to trade eli or payton etc... Dude just needs to swallow his pride and quit talking to the media.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Here's what I don't get.

If Denver was actively shopping this trade, why would New England turn down a first round pick for a second pick, AND losing a LB in the deal?

It just doesn't make sense. Why would New England take the worst of the two deals?

Belichick. :tsk:

Rex
03-02-2009, 01:09 PM
He's made additional comments since then that were on 104.3 the fan this morning talking about how the team is lying if they say they weren't shopping him, and how you don't see teams trying to trade eli or payton etc... Dude just needs to swallow his pride and quit talking to the media.

He said that to Chris Mortenson.

jrelway
03-02-2009, 01:11 PM
none of us know shit. we dont know what happened. i hope jay puts this behind him and and marshall gets no suspension. i thought we were tuning our D up this season. Now our O's a mess too.

NightTrainLayne
03-02-2009, 01:18 PM
1. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys, but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity." -- Woe is me, poor me, where will I end up at?

2. "Day to day . . . and they didn't reach this point yesterday, you know what I mean? It's been in motion for a while." -- Crying about something that he doesn't even know is true. . .nothing has been reported indicating that they've been up to this for "a while".

3. "I'm upset. I mean I'm really shocked at this point," he said. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. I just don't get it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block." -- self-explanatory, this is whining.

4. Obviously, Josh and I's relationship has taken a few steps backward. I don't play for the coaches anyway; I play for teammates. As long as we keep the guys we've got, I'll go out there and play. I love those guys." -- Whining and a direct stab at McD.

5. "There's going to be a lot of problems if they try to trade me." How else could you possibly take that statement?

G_Money
03-02-2009, 01:23 PM
It has been in progress for a while, NTL. We didn't fire Shanahan pretty much outta the blue just yesterday. That was the first big shocker for Jay, blindsiding him right as the offseason started, and it hasn't gotten better.

Jay's response after:
- Bowlen fired the coach who drafted him (Shanahan)
- hired an offensive-coach who then fired his best friend on staff (Bates)
- that coach didn't talk to him for a while after he arrived (remember that flap?)
- has talked about moving his best friend on the team (Scheffler, who was in the proposed Lions deal WITH Cutler in some versions, but is also on the market by himself)
- either "listened to" or "initiated" trade talks to get an old buddy QB in here
- lied to Cutler's agent about it
- stopped talking to Cutler's agent once the story broke on the internet and let Jay make up his own mind about what was really going on in Dove Valley:

"Hey, if this is how you want to treat me, you must want me to go, so let my agent find me a deal and I'll get the hell outta your hair. I didn't understand firing Shanahan, you're ditching everyone I like and now apparently I'm up for sale before you even see me throw a football once in your system, so kissa my assa. I don't need you clowns anyway - me and my stuffed bear Cuddles will be fine without you."

The FO response: "No. But come in to talk to all of us, in private, so we can gang up on you and browbeat you into submission. We're not gonna take anything back publicly other than a terse statement to the newspaper no one reads, or back you with a press conference or anything, because for some reason we think this will go away if we "don't give it legs" (even though it has a millipede's worth of legs already) but quietly we'd like to tell you to shut up and pretend it didn't happen."

Cutler's response: "*$$()(@#@##!! #U$(#)##_-#*!!@...No."

This is wonderful. A masterpiece on all sides. :tsk:

~G

claymore
03-02-2009, 01:27 PM

The only ones that can fix it are Bowlen, McDaniels, and Xanders. Telling him that they werent serious isnt good enough. Why should he trust them?

I agree he needs to let it go. But he is probably being swarmed by the media. Bus Cook needs to call him, formulate a statement, release it and let it go.

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 01:29 PM
to those who think he should just "stop bitching and grow up", do you seriously think that with all this negativity stirred around him in one weekend he'd go see them without cooling himself off?

take out the names for a minute...if you were in the same situation in a job you like and they broke a promise, lied and then they wanna sit down to "patch things up" would you go in there still hotheaded

get real

its just a bad situation on both sides....JMO

Kapaibro
03-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Here's what we know for sure:

Other teams approached Denver looking to arrange a trade that included Cutler and Cassel.

"Someone inside" (I love that 'someone') told Jay he was being traded.

The FO have admitted being contacted.

Jay has decided that this means he is on the trade block.

Jay is upset that there has being a change in the coaching staff.

Scheffler is also being considered (as is probably half the halfway decent players throughout the NFL during FA time).

Buff
03-02-2009, 01:36 PM
The only ones that can fix it are Bowlen, McDaniels, and Xanders. Telling him that they werent serious isnt good enough. Why should he trust them?

I agree he needs to let it go. But he is probably being swarmed by the media. Bus Cook needs to call him, formulate a statement, release it and let it go.

Xanders and McD have reached out in an attempt to smooth things over and Cutler rejected that... Then he told Chris Mortensen why he rejected it. That's my main problem--Bus Cook and Jay Cutler are taking this to the court of public opinion and telling anyone who will listen about why Jay has been wronged.

I disagree with the premise that he has been wronged, but even if I didn't, and I were to agree that he had been mistreated-- there is still a right way and a wrong way to handle things in the NFL... He's basically saying, "oh well they screwed me so I'm gonna screw them harder." Which is one thing if he had legitimitely been screwed over-- but he hasn't... So he needs to realize that and get over his primadonna self.

Rex
03-02-2009, 01:36 PM
If Peter King is right and Jay in fact asked for a trade after Bates was let go, then Jay looks like the biggest a hole in sports right now.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 01:39 PM

Other teams approached Denver looking to arrange a trade that included Cutler and Cassel.

Scheffler is also being considered (as is probably half the halfway decent players throughout the NFL during FA time).

I don't quite agree with your first statement. All we do know for sure is that Denver was talking at least two other teams about moving Cutler who initiated the talks is unknown. Even if McDaniels has been straight with us about the Lions and Buccaneers coming to him, it raises the question why would they come initiate talks unless about another team's franchise quarterback unless somehow you've been give the strong impression he can dealt? More times than not franchise quarterbacks are deemed untouchable.

NightTrainLayne
03-02-2009, 01:40 PM
If Peter King is right and Jay in fact asked for a trade after Bates was let go, then Jay looks like the biggest a hole in sports right now.

Please note for anyone that thinks I'm a JC hater that I have him in my sig. .. .

If this is true:

I am afraid that we may finally have to come to terms with what the rest of the league says about Cutler and quit giving him the homer, orange-sunglasses treatment. If this is true, he is certainly in the running for biggest a-hole in sports for the moment.

Rex
03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Please note for anyone that thinks I'm a JC hater that I have him in my sig. .. .

If this is true:

I am afraid that we may finally have to come to terms with what the rest of the league says about Cutler and quit giving him the homer, orange-sunglasses treatment. If this is true, he is certainly in the running for biggest a-hole in sports for the moment.

Hater.

Clay just mailed you a box full of moldy socks.

Kapaibro
03-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't quite agree with your first statement. All we do know for sure is that Denver was talking at least two other teams about moving Cutler who initiated the talks is unknown. Even if McDaniels has been straight with us about the Lions and Buccaneers coming to him, it raises the question why would they come initiate talks unless about another team's franchise quarterback unless somehow you've been give the strong impression he can dealt? More times than not franchise quarterbacks are deemed untouchable.

To my way of thinking, a team who has jettisoned a lot of coaching staff, and has already had the Franchise QB get miffed over it, may be more willing to talk.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 01:49 PM
To my way of thinking, a team who has jettisoned a lot of coaching staff, and has already had the Franchise QB get miffed over it, may be more willing to talk.

For the most part that's not what I've seen or read about historically.

Greatspirits
03-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Yeh, he only played through undiagnosed diabetes and battle through it for the team.

He clearly can't handle adversity. :rolleyes:

Get a clue!

You get a clue! Cutler's a loser, we got baby TO and now we got baby Jeff George!! All the talent in the world but a brain the size of a pea.

claymore
03-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Xanders and McD have reached out in an attempt to smooth things over and Cutler rejected that... Then he told Chris Mortensen why he rejected it. That's my main problem--Bus Cook and Jay Cutler are taking this to the court of public opinion and telling anyone who will listen about why Jay has been wronged.

I disagree with the premise that he has been wronged, but even if I didn't, and I were to agree that he had been mistreated-- there is still a right way and a wrong way to handle things in the NFL... He's basically saying, "oh well they screwed me so I'm gonna screw them harder." Which is one thing if he had legitimitely been screwed over-- but he hasn't... So he needs to realize that and get over his primadonna self.

The Broncos screwed this pooch. Jay Cutler is just reacting to the bad situation they put him in.

The Broncos are not commenting on things either, which complicates matters more.

If anyone is being a bitch, its Mcdaniels for not man'ing up and doing a real presser, or flying someone out to see Jay Cutler on the organizations behalf.

Instead of blaming Jay, why dont you throw some hate where it belongs, at the front office. They started it, mishandled it, tried to cover it up, then fell silent.

Kapaibro
03-02-2009, 01:55 PM
For the most part that's not what I've seen or read about historically.

So Jay DIDN'T get upset when Shanny and Bates were fired?

claymore
03-02-2009, 01:57 PM
You get a clue! Cutler's a loser, we got baby TO and now we got baby Jeff George!! All the talent in the world but a brain the size of a pea.

www.orangemane.com

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 01:59 PM
So Jay DIDN'T get upset when Shanny and Bates were fired?

That is not what I said.

And Jay was also very public in his support of McDaniels and how he was looking forward learning the new offense.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 02:03 PM
That is not what I said.

And Jay was also very public in his support of McDaniels and how he was looking forward learning the new offense.

I think these are the words that distress me the most. Whether it's a coaching change, an exchange of words with another QB, anger over a rumor, etc. Is it possible to just **** and deal with the scenario privately?

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Jay didn't get this from the press. He said he could tell something was up the last couple of weeks by the way people were acting, he also said he "knows" for a fact they were trying to trade him.

Why would he pull that out of thin air? Also, someone told him there were trade talks, how would he have even known someone called about a trade? He is getting info from someone, that info has caused him to believe without a doubt the trade talks were serious. He obviously trusts his sources more then the FO.

sounds more like PMS than ESP

If he is so perceptive than way can't he see those open WR instead of forcing the ball into Marshall..

Who's side am I on? Jay may be good, but until he is put in charge. I go for Mc Kid, Xander and Pat..

The three of them have exhibited more maturity than Mc Pantywaist

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Maybe not quite true...

I believe if Denver offered Belichick its first-round pick last Thursday instead of, apparently, on Saturday, that Cassel would be a Bronco today and current Denver QB Jay Cutler a Buc or Lion. Cutler, by the way, will make peace with McDaniels, who's now coaching Denver. He has no choice, and he's a reasonable kid. I don't blame him for being ticked off at the Broncos for trying to deal for Cassel, but he's going to have to get over it and realize he's got a heck of a chance to win with McDaniels running his offense.

I heard one other interesting thing Sunday: Cutler asked for a trade shortly after the Broncos lost offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates -- Cutler's confidant -- to USC after the season. So maybe both sides need to go into marriage counseling here.

If this turns out to be true it changes everything, if Cutler wanted out first there is nothing wrong with seeking a trade for him... Who wants a QB who doesn't want to play for you?

That being said, It's a big if. I read through the king article and couldn't find this statement. Did he have it removed?

Northman
03-02-2009, 02:08 PM
It has been in progress for a while, NTL. We didn't fire Shanahan pretty much outta the blue just yesterday. That was the first big shocker for Jay, blindsiding him right as the offseason started, and it hasn't gotten better.

Jay's response after:
- that coach didn't talk to him for a while after he arrived (remember that flap?)
- has talked about moving his best friend on the team (Scheffler, who was in the proposed Lions deal WITH Cutler in some versions, but is also on the market by himself)
- either "listened to" or "initiated" trade talks to get an old buddy QB in here
- stopped talking to Cutler's agent once the story broke on the internet and let Jay make up his own mind about what was really going on in Dove Valley:

"Hey, if this is how you want to treat me, you must want me to go, so let my agent find me a deal and I'll get the hell outta your hair. I didn't understand firing Shanahan, you're ditching everyone I like and now apparently I'm up for sale before you even see me throw a football once in your system, so kissa my assa. I don't need you clowns anyway - me and my stuffed bear Cuddles will be fine without you."

The FO response: "No. But come in to talk to all of us, in private, so we can gang up on you and browbeat you into submission. We're not gonna take anything back publicly other than a terse statement to the newspaper no one reads, or back you with a press conference or anything, because for some reason we think this will go away if we "don't give it legs" (even though it has a millipede's worth of legs already) but quietly we'd like to tell you to shut up and pretend it didn't happen."

~G

Man, im just going to let you write everything out from now on. Great job.

claymore
03-02-2009, 02:08 PM

If he is so perceptive than way can't he see those open WR instead of forcing the ball into Marshall..

Who's side am I on? Jay may be good, but until he is put in charge. I go for Mc Kid, Xander and Pat..

Xanders and Mcdaniels have done nothing but alienate players, and bring in shit free agents. That doesnt take maturity.

Fly out and settle down your young star QB and say "Im sorry, I screwed up". That takes maturity.

Northman
03-02-2009, 02:09 PM
If this turns out to be true it changes everything, if Cutler wanted out first there is nothing wrong with seeking a trade for him... Who wants a QB who doesn't want to play for you?

That being said, It's a big if. I read through the king article and couldn't find this statement. Did he have it removed?

VERY big if.

BigDaddyBronco
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Xanders and Mcdaniels have done nothing but alienate players, and bring in shit free agents. That doesnt take maturity.

Fly out and settle down your young star QB and say "Im sorry, I screwed up". That takes maturity.

Why are the free agents shit? Because they are different than the type of guys that Shanny would bring in? Shanny's guys would look ok, then never perform, maybe this time it will be the opposite.

Maybe we have sucked the last few years because the players have felt a little protected, maybe they are a little soft.

Maybe Cutler will play better if someone isn't blowing him all the time and holds him accountable.

Rex
03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Clay, you need to change your tampon. The old one is leaking on my computer screen.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 02:16 PM
I think these are the words that distress me the most. Whether it's a coaching change, an exchange of words with another QB, anger over a rumor, etc. Is it possible to just **** and deal with the scenario privately?

Maybe you didn't read my post correctly. Jay was publicly supportive of McDaniels and said he was looking forward to the new offense. There isn't one freaking thing wrong with it. Now you're criticizing him for actually supporting his new head coach.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 02:16 PM

But what if it truly is a rumor and you did nothing wrong? Would you still go kiss his ass and give the appearance you are at fault or wait for him to come into town like he committed to and discuss it then?

DallasChief
03-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I am not seeing what you are obviously. Below are his comments refrence the trade. As for not meeting them in Denver.... Why should he? And with that, all he said was he didnt plan to be back in Denver until March 16th.

The only questionable comment made was the last one. And I dont blame him.

Not only is Cutler a kid, so is Marshall, Sheffler, Royal, and Clady.... They are all freinds, and any team in the NFL would love to have them minus Marshall's shit. Barring that Comment, he handled it as good as anyone could have.

The only other thing he could have said was no comment. Just like the Broncos could have said "Trading Jay Cutler is not an Option".

Cutler on this whole thing........

So, you're more of a fan of Cutler then you are the Broncos?

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Maybe you didn't read my post correctly. Jay was publicly supportive of McDaniels and said he was looking forward to the new offense. There isn't one freaking thing wrong with it. Now you're criticizing him for actually supporting his new head coach.

No. All I'm saying is sometimes things dont have to be public. But look at it this way, if he hadnt made such an ordeal over Shanny being fired, would there have ever been a necessity for him to show public support for McDaniels?

Some of us need to find glasses with a little less orange in the tint.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Why are the free agents shit? Because they are different than the type of guys that Shanny would bring in? Shanny's guys would look ok, then never perform, maybe this time it will be the opposite.

Maybe we have sucked the last few years because the players have felt a little protected, maybe they are a little soft.

Maybe Cutler will play better if someone isn't blowing him all the time and holds him accountable.

And maybe the coach shouldn't say "I'm excited about working with Cutler and if he really didn't mean it."

DallasChief
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Clay, you need to change your tampon. The old one is leaking on my computer screen.

I think Clay is taking this harder then Jay is. Maybe McDaniels should make Claymore the QB of the Broncos, I'm sure he could miss the playoffs just as easily as Cutler does.

Rex
03-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I think Clay is taking this harder then Jay is. Maybe McDaniels should make Claymore the QB of the Broncos, I'm sure he could miss the playoffs just as easily as Cutler does.

Oh snap.

So you are saying that Claymore could go 17-20?

DallasChief
03-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Oh snap.

So you are saying that Claymore could go 17-20?

Probably.

I know he could have won as many games as Cutler did in college.

Rex
03-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Probably.

I know he could have won as many games as Cutler did in college.

But Clay is only 5'3" in combat boots.

SuperCharged!!!
03-02-2009, 02:25 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01OS0Gc7NT5Fv/610x.jpg

I have to say doinks, if I were you I would not want this sorry crying baby running my squad.

Rivers looks better and better everyday doesn't he? Admit it. I know it's hard to do. Rivers is just a much better person, a much cooler guy, a much better QB, and a much better leader.

Jay is seriously the biggest whiner in the league. Cry on that one.

DallasChief
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
But Clay is only 5'3" in combat boots.

But he's got a lot of heart though. Maybe he could loan some of that to Cutler.

Rex
03-02-2009, 02:27 PM
But he's got a lot of heart though. Maybe he could loan some of that to Cutler.

They both have hot tempers.

claymore
03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
But what if it truly is a rumor and you did nothing wrong? Would you still go kiss his ass and give the appearance you are at fault or wait for him to come into town like he committed to and discuss it then?

If that was the case, I would call him, tell him I am going to clear this up, I apologize... we got the call and said hell no. I would say give me 24 hours to fix this.

I would then address it thru the paper, and or interview, and paste the article on the front page of the Broncos website.

Then I would ensure the leak didnt come from Denver, If I found it did, I would fire whoever did it.

If It came from NE.... I would chalk it up as an expensive lesson.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 02:31 PM
No. All I'm saying is sometimes things dont have to be public. But look at it this way, if he hadnt made such an ordeal over Shanny being fired, would there have ever been a necessity for him to show public support for McDaniels?

Some of us need to find glasses with a little less orange in the tint.

Hell yes it would have been necessary. Setting aside his initial reaction he was going to be asked anyway. And if he had not comment the media some here would have been all over it saying being immature because he didn't answer the question, right Chaz? If you really think that he wasn't going be asked one way or the other that's naive.

claymore
03-02-2009, 02:32 PM

I just think its unfair to label Cutler as a bitch or a whiner. He hasnt said anything remotley close in all that I have read.

I am taking it hard. I thought The Broncos had allot more class than this.

Im not saying they tried to trade Cutler, just saying the aftermath was handled very poorly.

Rex
03-02-2009, 02:32 PM
I just think its unfair to label Cutler as a bitch or a whiner. He hasnt said anything remotley close in all that I have read.

Im not saying they tried to trade Cutler, just saying the aftermath was handled very poorly.

Have you called Bronx?

DallasChief
03-02-2009, 02:34 PM

He is a cry baby, homer.

DallasChief
03-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Have you called Bronx?

If Bronx was here he would give Clay a beatdown of epic proportions. He hated whiners like Jay and Clay.

claymore
03-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Have you called Bronx?

Why do you always ask me that?

Dreadnought
03-02-2009, 02:38 PM

He hasn't. Some folks with other agendas want to pretend that he has, for their own purposes. Not to mention Chief and Charger fans, but I don't much care what they have to say on this issue.

claymore
03-02-2009, 02:38 PM
He is a cry baby, homer.

You and Cswil are terrible freinds durring moments of crisis and upheavel. Good thing MO didnt call you two when he got his first period.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 02:40 PM

Maybe some people don't understand when you are in a position of authority it ALWAYS serves you best to keep misinformation from destroying your lines of communication with your employees. It has nothing to do with kissing his ass.

DallasChief
03-02-2009, 02:43 PM
You and Cswil are terrible freinds durring moments of crisis and upheavel. Good thing MO didnt call you two when he got his first period.

I didn't know that you and cswil were friends. When did that happen?

Rex
03-02-2009, 02:44 PM
I didn't know that you and cswil were friends. When did that happen?

after Bronx left him.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 02:47 PM
even Jim Rome is saying Jay needs to man up and get his ass in the office to talk it out..

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Maybe some people don't understand when you are in a position of authority it ALWAYS serves you best to keep misinformation from destroying your lines of communication with your employees. It has nothing to do with kissing his ass.

Fine, but what about the guy that wears the damn "C" on his jersey not firing off a bunch of whining and bitching to the media every few weeks? For a guy that "plays for the players and not the coaches", I'd think he'd prefer to keep problems a little more quiet.

But I forgot...Cutler is a saint.

Dreadnought
03-02-2009, 02:52 PM

I have to say doinks, if I were you I would not want this sorry crying baby running my squad.

Rivers looks better and better everyday doesn't he? Admit it. I know it's hard to do. Rivers is just a much better person, a much cooler guy, a much better QB, and a much better leader.

We've got a whole seperate Smack section for you to go try and convince the World that your Boi Philip is a HOF QB and better than Cutler. You are welcome to go there

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

SuperCharged!!!
03-02-2009, 02:55 PM
We've got a whole seperate Smack section for you to go try and convince the World that your Boi Philip is a HOF QB and better than Cutler. You are welcome to go there

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

I said nothing worse than at least half the broncos fans are saying on here.

Sorry if the truth hurts. Dont be a Cutler (Baby) ok?

Dreadnought
03-02-2009, 02:57 PM

OK Then - I'll say it as a Moderator, OK? Move it to the Smack section if you want; we don't run off fans from other teams on this site, but that is the proper forum for it.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Fine, but what about the guy that wears the damn "C" on his jersey not firing off a bunch of whining and bitching to the media every few weeks? For a guy that "plays for the players and not the coaches", I'd think he'd prefer to keep problems a little more quiet.

If that's fine like you say it is then if the person in authority handles his end better then maybe we avoid all this.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 02:58 PM

I would follow his advise if I were you.

JONtheBRONCO
03-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Thought a couple members here might enjoy this read...

Cutler's act is wearing thin -- quickly
By Gene Wojciechowski
ESPN.com

Will someone please give Jay Cutler his pacifier, hand him his favorite blankie and put him back in his crib for his afternoon nap? Because if he cries anymore about a trade that didn't happen, we'll have to check his Pampers.

Cutler is the quarterback of the Denver Broncos. At least for now he is.

Turns out the Broncos are/were shopping him. The three-way trade between the Broncos, New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't reach critical mass, but names (Cutler to the Bucs, Matt Cassel to the Broncos) and numbers (first- and fourth-round draft picks to the Patriots) were discussed.

But it didn't happen. Repeat: didn't happen.

Instead, the Patriots traded Cassel and his franchise-tag salary to the Kansas City Chiefs. And Cutler is still a Bronco.

But the mere thought of a possible trade upset Cutler so much that he went into full waaaa-waaaa-waaaa mode, wailing like an infant. Why are they being so mean to me?

That sort of thing.

"I'm upset," he told The Denver Post. "I mean, I'm really shocked at this point."

And this from Cutler's agent, James "Bus" Cook, who told The Associated Press,

"Nobody's going to call the [New York] Giants and ask for Eli [Manning]. Nobody's calling the Colts asking about Peyton [Manning]. [Tom] Brady? Come on.
So, why call Denver and ask about Jay? And if they do call, why not say, 'That's not for discussion. What else do you want?'"

Why call Denver and ask about Cutler? Because the Broncos haven't reached the playoffs since the 2005 season. Because Cutler's record as a starter is 17-20. Because new Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels just happened to coach Cassel last season. And Cassel's team finished 11-5, including a 41-7 victory against Cutler's Broncos in October.

Nobody is calling the Giants and the Colts about the Manning brothers because the Manning brothers actually reach the postseason and have won Super Bowls. And here's guessing somebody called the Patriots asking whether Brady might be available.

Cook, more than anyone, should know that anything is possible in the NFL. Just ask Brett Favre, one of Cook's longtime clients.

Don't get me wrong -- Cutler is a talent, possibly a major talent. His numbers keep tracking upward (4,526 passing yards, 25 touchdowns in '08), but so do his turnovers (18 interceptions, including four in Denver's last three games -- all losses) and hissy fits.

None of this Cutler trade talk likely would have happened if Mike Shanahan were still the Broncos' head coach. Shanahan is the guy who drafted Cutler with the 11th pick of the 2006 draft. They were attached at the hip pads.

But Shanahan is Broncos history. It happens. Last week it happened to 11-time Pro Bowl linebacker Derrick Brooks of the Bucs. He was cut after 14 years.

Brooks didn't pout like Cutler. And his agent didn't issue any angry criticisms of the Bucs' decision. Instead, Brooks articulated the essential truth of the NFL: It's business, not personal.

"Everybody has a picture that they want painted their own particular way, but when the picture's not painted your way, you don't kick and scream," Brooks told reporters. "You be a man about it."

Cutler is kicking and screaming. Poor baby. He stiffed the Broncos when they requested a kiss-and-make-up session. [I]Word is he won't even talk to McDaniels on the phone.

So what if the Broncos considered proposals from the Bucs? Who cares whether they listened to an offer from the Detroit Lions? When you haven't reached the playoffs since '05, when you gag away a three-game division lead with three games left, you listen to everybody about anybody.

Come to think about it, what's so bad about the Bucs? New coach -- Raheem Morris. New tight end -- Kellen Winslow. Newly re-upped wide receivers -- Antonio Bryant (franchise-tagged) and Michael Clayton. And did we mention that Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall was arrested again?

"If they were in fact trying to trade Jay Cutler, then I think that's a situation that's going to cause a very serious problem for the organization," Cook huffed and puffed.

Why? Because Cutler's precious feelings were hurt? Please.

The nontrade causes serious problems only if Cutler wants it that way. To whine about the Broncos' kicking the tires on a trade accomplishes nothing. Especially from a guy with zero playoff appearances and a grand total of 37 NFL games.

Cutler has accomplished nothing in this league. He has pretty passing numbers, but so what? It's time for him do a Brooks and grow up. It's time for him to spit out the pacifier.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 03:01 PM
If that's fine like you say it is then if the person in authority handles his end better then maybe we avoid all this.

Has the "boss" said anything to the media other than denying the trade talk happened? Has McDaniels refused to talk about the scenario because he just wanted to "lay low" (while whining to the media at the same time)?

turftoad
03-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Thought a couple members here might enjoy this read...

Cutler's act is wearing thin -- quickly
By Gene Wojciechowski
ESPN.com

Will someone please give Jay Cutler his pacifier, hand him his favorite blankie and put him back in his crib for his afternoon nap? Because if he cries anymore about a trade that didn't happen, we'll have to check his Pampers.

Turns out the Broncos are/were shopping him. The three-way trade between the Broncos, New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't reach critical mass, but names (Cutler to the Bucs, Matt Cassel to the Broncos) and numbers (first- and fourth-round draft picks to the Patriots) were discussed.

Instead, the Patriots traded Cassel and his franchise-tag salary to the Kansas City Chiefs. And Cutler is still a Bronco.

But the mere thought of a possible trade upset Cutler so much that he went into full waaaa-waaaa-waaaa mode, wailing like an infant. Why are they being so mean to me?

That sort of thing.

"I'm upset," he told The Denver Post. "I mean, I'm really shocked at this point."

And this from Cutler's agent, James "Bus" Cook, who told The Associated Press,

"Nobody's going to call the [New York] Giants and ask for Eli [Manning]. Nobody's calling the Colts asking about Peyton [Manning]. [Tom] Brady? Come on.
So, why call Denver and ask about Jay? And if they do call, why not say, 'That's not for discussion. What else do you want?'"

Why call Denver and ask about Cutler? Because the Broncos haven't reached the playoffs since the 2005 season. Because Cutler's record as a starter is 17-20. Because new Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels just happened to coach Cassel last season. And Cassel's team finished 11-5, including a 41-7 victory against Cutler's Broncos in October.

Nobody is calling the Giants and the Colts about the Manning brothers because the Manning brothers actually reach the postseason and have won Super Bowls. And here's guessing somebody called the Patriots asking whether Brady might be available.

Cook, more than anyone, should know that anything is possible in the NFL. Just ask Brett Favre, one of Cook's longtime clients.

Don't get me wrong -- Cutler is a talent, possibly a major talent. His numbers keep tracking upward (4,526 passing yards, 25 touchdowns in '08), but so do his turnovers (18 interceptions, including four in Denver's last three games -- all losses) and hissy fits.

None of this Cutler trade talk likely would have happened if Mike Shanahan were still the Broncos' head coach. Shanahan is the guy who drafted Cutler with the 11th pick of the 2006 draft. They were attached at the hip pads.

But Shanahan is Broncos history. It happens. Last week it happened to 11-time Pro Bowl linebacker Derrick Brooks of the Bucs. He was cut after 14 years.

Brooks didn't pout like Cutler. And his agent didn't issue any angry criticisms of the Bucs' decision. Instead, Brooks articulated the essential truth of the NFL: It's business, not personal.

"Everybody has a picture that they want painted their own particular way, but when the picture's not painted your way, you don't kick and scream," Brooks told reporters. "You be a man about it."

Cutler is kicking and screaming. Poor baby. He stiffed the Broncos when they requested a kiss-and-make-up session. [I]Word is he won't even talk to McDaniels on the phone.

So what if the Broncos considered proposals from the Bucs? Who cares whether they listened to an offer from the Detroit Lions? When you haven't reached the playoffs since '05, when you gag away a three-game division lead with three games left, you listen to everybody about anybody.

Come to think about it, what's so bad about the Bucs? New coach -- Raheem Morris. New tight end -- Kellen Winslow. Newly re-upped wide receivers -- Antonio Bryant (franchise-tagged) and Michael Clayton. And did we mention that Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall was arrested again?

"If they were in fact trying to trade Jay Cutler, then I think that's a situation that's going to cause a very serious problem for the organization," Cook huffed and puffed.

The nontrade causes serious problems only if Cutler wants it that way. To whine about the Broncos' kicking the tires on a trade accomplishes nothing. Especially from a guy with zero playoff appearances and a grand total of 37 NFL games.

Cutler has accomplished nothing in this league. He has pretty passing numbers, but so what? It's time for him do a Brooks and grow up. It's time for him to spit out the pacifier.

Comparing Brook's sitch to Cutlers is utterly rediculous.

claymore
03-02-2009, 03:13 PM

Brooks was at the end of his career, and the Bucs did mishandle the situation, but not nearly as bad as our own coach has handled this.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 03:13 PM

OK...let's try Carmelo Anthony...

Melo to Jay: Bottom line, it's a business
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post

INDIANAPOLIS — Recently, a Denver sports star in his mid-20s, who is devoted to the team that drafted him, discovered that his team was talking trade. Oh, come to think of it, this also happened to Jay Cutler.

Yes, one might recall last summer when NBA teams, notably Detroit, inquired about acquiring Carmelo Anthony.

"At first, it was like, 'What the (expletive) is going on,' " the Nuggets' Anthony said Sunday. "But you don't really know what's going on."

Nuggets executives will never send an opposing exec to voice mail, so when teams asked about trading for Anthony, it was their job to at least listen. But when word got out that Denver even considered a Melo trade, he wasn't pleased.

And so, Anthony could relate to the emotions involving the Broncos' quarterback, who learned Friday he was part of a proposed three-team deal with Tampa Bay and New England, although it never materialized.

"You got to learn that it is a business, especially with him," said Anthony, who last summer was ultimately reassured by Nuggets exec Rex Chapman that Denver wouldn't trade him. "(Cutler) has been the guy who they've been saying could be the next (John) Elway perhaps. (Trade rumors) are always a tough situation because you don't know where it's coming from, who's saying it, if it's true, if it's false. That was my big thing this summer. Just let me know, so I can get my mind off thinking about where it's coming from and who's saying it and who's not saying it."

With players, understandably, there is a respect factor involved. The fact that their team would consider a trade can be insulting and humbling. But, as Nuggets coach George Karl said: "Jay's got to understand there have been a lot greater players than him that have been talked about in trades. When the contracts are so big, every player is probably discussed."

Karl was critical of Cutler's comments to The Denver Post, when the quarterback said: "I don't play for the coaches anyway; I play for teammates."

Said Karl: "That comment is way out of control. . . . I don't think that sits with the team concept."

Sometimes, as Anthony can relate to, there is a temporary feeling of betrayal. But, again, this is the business they chose.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Has the "boss" said anything to the media other than denying the trade talk happened? Has McDaniels refused to talk about the scenario because he just wanted to "lay low" (while whining to the media at the same time)?

You still don't get it, it's McDaniels job to keep lines of communication open.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Bunch of Whiners!!! LOL @ YOU ALL!

Cutler is a bum. We will own you again in 09~

Buzz off.

KCL
03-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Players getting pissed at coaches is nothing new...Chiefs new HC pissed off Brian Waters last week and now he is wanting out of KC...great...:rolleyes:

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Players getting pissed at coaches is nothing new...Chiefs new HC pissed off Brian Waters last week and now he is wanting out of KC...great...:rolleyes:

Todd Haley is a dick.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 03:23 PM
You still don't get it, it's McDaniels job to keep lines of communication open.

If Jay refuses to talk, what is McDaniels suppose to do?

I can just see it now. McDaniels and Xanders sitting outside of Cutler's house throwing pebbles at the window. "Please come out, Jay".

KCL
Todd Haley is a dick.

I guess him and McDaniels have something in common.

Lonestar

Just which players are you talking about with this tidbit " done nothing but alienate players" Mike leach? is about the only situation I did not agree with.. Jay well he is a drama queen that can't keep his mouth shut..

That is the agents job to settle his QB down and tell him to keep his yap shut..

They asked for a meeting and he declined to come to it.. I'll even bet they would have sent Pats Jet for him..

The extended their hand to talk he just decided to whine some more..

Who is the boss who is the employee?

If some moron did that to me I'd fire his ass so fast it take a week for the paperwork to catch up to him..

As for bringing in "and bring in shit free agents. "

perhaps there is more to this than you can comprehend.. the defense was in total shambles and the O needed work.. they have a limited budget..

Maybe they have a plan that will become apparent in the next few months..

Until he does something really stupid like trying to fire Pat he has my backing..

I'm guessing that many folks who have never supervised employees and have never owned a business and had to work within budgets will never get it..

SuperCharged!!!
03-02-2009, 03:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/

WOW! Congratulations. Thanks to Jay you guys are front page news again...

"Jay Cutler's whining about a trade that didn't happen reflects badly on a QB who hasn't won anything"

Den21vsBal19
03-02-2009, 03:27 PM

I can just see it now. McDaniels and Xanders sitting outside of Cutler's house throwing pebbles at the window. "Please come out, Jay".
Megaphones, my man, you gotta use the megaphones ;)

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 03:27 PM
as I'm thinking about it....this reminds me of the rifts between Phil Simms and Bill Parcells (since McD has a thin linking to him) it seems to have the makings for it,,,,,

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
as I'm thinking about it....this reminds me of the rifts between Phil Simms and Bill Parcells (since McD has a thin linking to him) it seems to have the makings for it,,,,,

Or...

wait for it...

John Elway and Dan Reeves.

KCL
03-02-2009, 03:29 PM

LMAO...Good one Chaz!

KCL
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/

WOW! Congratulations. Thanks to Jay you guys are front page news again...

"Jay Cutler's whining about a trade that didn't happen reflects badly on a QB who hasn't won anything"

What has Phyllis won?

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 03:31 PM

I don't know how I can make this any clearer. Assuming that McDaniels didn't try to trade away Cutler but only fielded offers he should have right then and there talked with his quarterback and told him what was happening but he didn't so now the lines of communication are down.

claymore
03-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Just which players are you talking about with this tidbit " done nothing but alienate players" Mike leach? is about the only situation I did not agree with.. Jay well he is a drama queen that can't keep his mouth shut..

That is the agents job to settle his QB down and tell him to keep his yap shut..

They asked for a meeting and he declined to come to it.. I'll even bet they would have sent Pats Jet for him..

The extended their hand to talk he just decided to whine some more..

Who is the boss who is the employee?

If some moron did that to me I'd fire his ass so fast it take a week for the paperwork to catch up to him..

As for bringing in "and bring in shit free agents. "

perhaps there is more to this than you can comprehend.. the defense was in total shambles and the O needed work.. they have a limited budget..

Maybe they have a plan that will become apparent in the next few months..

Until he does something really stupid like trying to fire Pat he has my backing..

I'm guessing that many folks who have never supervised employees and have never owned a business and had to work within budgets will never get it..
Maybe they do have a plan, I just do not see it. It looks like its been a mess thus far.

As for the alienated players, I would say Scheffler, Cutler, and probably marshall (cause of the Jay thing), leach, which doesnt count more. Its impossible to see who is pissed when None of them are my personal friends.

I will tell you I expected allot more positives than the negatives. And Dawkins is the only positive Ive seen.

Signing Paxton was also just a silly move, that I may need explained to me.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 03:33 PM

Didn't you know he has a rocket arm and for that he should be given a free pass.. regardless if anything, but make some bad decisions because of it..

to some:

he is the Messiah..

he has a lot of potential..

he is a cry baby..

he has the potential to be Jeff George..

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't know how I can make this any clearer. Assuming that McDaniels didn't try to trade away Cutler but only fielded offers he should have right then and there talked with his quarterback and told him what was happening but he didn't so now lines of communication are down.

Jay is just like any other player. If they field an offer and say no, they aren't going to immediately call the player and tell them that they fielded an offer for him. They have no requirement to do so, nor should they.

Jay found out about it through a leak from, we're now assuming, the Patriots, and flew off the handle, most likely before even considering calling the front office.

How to handle this better:
Adam Schefter: Hey, Jay, how's it going man? How are you?
Jay: Adam, why you calling me man, it's March. I like the Dawkins signing.
Adam: No, no, although, I do too, but I guess you might have been part of a trade.
Jay: Really. I can't comment yet. Let me call Pat, and I'll call you right back.

KCL
03-02-2009, 03:38 PM
So do you all think that McD really wanted Cassel? And he did back out (maybe that's not the right term to use) before or after Cassel was signed by the Chiefs?

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Jay is just like any other player. If they field an offer and say no, they aren't going to immediately call the player and tell them that they fielded an offer for him. They have no requirement to do so, nor should they.

Jay found out about it through a leak from, we're now assuming, the Patriots, and flew off the handle, most likely before even considering calling the front office.

Adam: No, no, although, I do too, but I guess you might have been part of a trade.
Jay: Really. I can't comment yet. Let me call Pat, and I'll call you right back.

If they really weren't serious about the offers yes they should called Jay, because you have to very naive to think it wouldn't be leaked.

Italianmobstr7
03-02-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't really like this article, but it has some truths to it. I believe that Cutler had a right to be angry. Here it is anyways.

But the mere thought of a possible trade upset Cutler so much that he went into full waaaa-waaaa-waaaa mode, wailing like an infant. Why are they being so mean to me? That sort of thing.

And this from Cutler's agent, James "Bus" Cook, who told The Associated Press, "Nobody's going to call the [New York] Giants and ask for Eli [Manning]. Nobody's calling the [Indianapolis] Colts asking about Peyton [Manning]. [Tom] Brady? Come on. So, why call Denver and ask about Jay? And if they do call, why not say, 'That's not for discussion. What else do you want?'"

Cutler is kicking and screaming. Poor baby. He stiffed the Broncos when they requested a kiss-and-make-up session. Word is he won't even talk to McDaniels on the phone.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 03:40 PM
So do you all think that McD really wanted Cassel? And he did back out (maybe that's not the right term to use) before or after Cassel was signed by the Chiefs?

I think it is very possible McDaniels really did want to bring Cassel to Denver.

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Or...

wait for it...

John Elway and Dan Reeves.

meh....could be also

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 03:46 PM
I think it is very possible McDaniels really did want to bring Cassel to Denver.

We'd be crazy to say he would never entertain the idea, but that's the NFL. That's business and that's life.

Coaches and bosses always take people with them that they feel comfortable working with. But to assume McD had an obligation to tell Jay that it was disucussed...IF it was discussed is inane. Josh and Xanders are Cutler bosses. They have NO obligation to discuss personnel moves or thoughts with him.

NightTrainLayne
03-02-2009, 03:48 PM
We'd be crazy to say he would never entertain the idea, but that's the NFL. That's business and that's life.

Coaches and bosses always take people with them that they feel comfortable working with. But to assume McD had an obligation to tell Jay that it was disucussed...IF it was discussed is inane. Josh and Xanders are Cutler bosses. They have NO obligation to discuss personnel moves or thoughts with him.

I agree. No business should ever be held captive by their own employees. As great as Cutler is, his is only a part of the TEAM.. . a team that includes the Front Office and ownership.

Mike
03-02-2009, 03:49 PM

Call it smart business then. How much could have been avoided if they pick up a phone and say "yada, yada."?

That's mostly why I feel that there is more to it and McDaniels was left with his...hanging out and they are trying to make the best of it.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Maybe they do have a plan, I just do not see it. It looks like its been a mess thus far.

As for the alienated players, I would say Scheffler, Cutler, and probably marshall (cause of the Jay thing), leach, which doesnt count more. Its impossible to see who is pissed when None of them are my personal friends.

I will tell you I expected allot more positives than the negatives. And Dawkins is the only positive Ive seen.

Signing Paxton was also just a silly move, that I may need explained to me.

Well when you pony up a half billion for part ownership.. If I were Mc Kid I would not worry about it.. He has a plan and he probably has shared it with Xander, his coaches, scouts and Pat beyond that does not have to share it with YOU..

Sorry if you feel like he answers to YOU.. time to let it go..
Listening to the radio and Jay is a laughing stock on national radio.. Jim Rome and the Herd announcer.. "everyone is trade able save Payton and Brady. Especially someone that has "mediocre ratings, win loss, is cry baby and a lousy attitude"..

Sums it up pretty well..

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Call it smart business then. How much could have been avoided if they pick up a phone and say "yada, yada."?

That's mostly why I feel that there is more to it and McDaniels was left with his...hanging out and they are trying to make the best of it.

That's what I'm saying it would have been an smart buiness move.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 03:57 PM

Depends on the value you place on the employee. Cutler has potential and talent, but he also has his baggage. If you feel you can be just as successful or even more successful with an employee with a different set of skills, then maybe you discuss the idea of making a switch and leave it at that.

I'm not a coach and I cant sit here and say I know jay will be more successful in McD's offense than Cassel was, but as a boss, if I feel someone will be better in a position than another person, I will definately entertain a proposal for something that is best for my work team

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 03:58 PM

Great logical post, it is what most adults would do.

Wow do you really expect a cry baby to be adult enough not to be baited into a firestorm..

It was his Agents job to ut this shitstorm out fast and all he did was feed teh fires.. Afterall it is not new to him he was also Bretts agent..

NO he has an agenda "Show me the money".. if jay gets traded then he gets a % of it.. jay most likely gets a raise.. Follow the money trail here folks.. seems open and shut to me..

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 04:04 PM

Why should he not think about it..

He would not have to teach a whiny spoiled brat a new system....

He knows what Cassell can do..

Cassell becomes another coach in the field..

Maybe he does not have the arm that Jay does but it did not seem to matter all that much in NE last year..11-5 without any experience..

Would he be able to do that in DEN maybe not this year.. but once the Defense is better absolutely..

Mike
03-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Depends on the value you place on the employee. Cutler has potential and talent, but he also has his baggage. If you feel you can be just as successful or even more successful with an employee with a different set of skills, then maybe you discuss the idea of making a switch and leave it at that.

I'm not a coach and I cant sit here and say I know jay will be more successful in McD's offense than Cassel was, but as a boss, if I feel someone will be better in a position than another person, I will definately entertain a proposal for something that is best for my work team

What baggage does he have? That he is immature?

Do you cover your rear end so that the employee doesn't ever find out about the consideration? Are you up front with him about it?

I have no issues with the HC or FO considering moves that will make the Broncos better. But I also feel that as the HC you need to exercise good judgment and some serious CYA in order to not reek havoc in the lockerroom and alienate your QB.

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 04:12 PM

Do you cover your rear end so that the employee doesn't ever find out about the consideration? Are you up front with him about it?

I have no issues with the HC or FO considering moves that will make the Broncos better. But I also feel that as the HC you need to exercise good judgment and some serious CYA in order to not reek havoc in the lockerroom and alienate your QB.

Yeah, I think his immaturity and whining is baggage.

If I did something similar with an employee of mine, it would be confidential until a decision was made. However, if it leaked out, I would expect that employee to ask me about it.

if he went on a mini-tirade, I would understand a little bit, but would offer to talk with him. if, after that, he refused to talk and ranted publicly about the ordeal, his ass would be in my office whether he liked it or not and if he felt his ego wasnt being stroked enopugh, he could very well find a new job.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 04:17 PM

Maybe he does not have the arm that Jay does but it did not seem to matter all that much in NE last year..11-5 without any experience..

Would he be able to do that in DEN maybe not this year.. but once the Defense is better absolutely..

He didn't go 11-5 all by himself.

Cutler threw for over 4000 yards last year and made the Pro Bowl. What else does he have to prove to McKid?

The reason we DIDN'T go 11-5 last year is because our defense sucked so bad.
Now, as a new coach comming in and knowing that, wouldn't you try to fix the "D" instead of tearing apart the offense?

The offense was not the problem.

Yeah Josh, go ahead and put your stamp on the team.

Bring in your own system. Bring in some defensive help. Bring in your own coach's. Bring in a RB. But, at least try to fix the things that need to be fixed.
Cutler and offense wasn't broken until BOZO McKid came to town.

Now both sides of the ball are a mess.

Good Job already Josh. :tsk:

turftoad
03-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I think his immaturity and whining is baggage.

If I did something similar with an employee of mine, it would be confidential until a decision was made. However, if it leaked out, I would expect that employee to ask me about it.

if he went on a mini-tirade, I would understand a little bit, but would offer to talk with him. if, after that, he refused to talk and ranted publicly about the ordeal, his ass would be in my office whether he liked it or not and if he felt his ego wasnt being stroked enopugh, he could very well find a new job.

There is a lot of immaturity comming from both sides in this whole mess. At least Cutler is still a kid.
Josh and the X man? Not so much.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 04:23 PM

Cutler threw for over 4000 yards last year and made the Pro Bowl. What else does he have to prove to McKid?

Now, as a new coach comming in and knowing that, wouldn't you try to fix the "D" instead of tearing apart the offense?

Bring in your own system. Bring in some defensive help. Bring in your own coach's. Bring in a RB. But, at least try to fix the things that need to be fixed.

Yep fix what needs to be fixed. :salute:

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Whoa now. I'm not neccessarily on McDaniels side, but I'm not so eager to jump the gun and say this is DEFINITELY what happened.

This is all specualtion, and I, like everyone else, am just presenting my opinion. And from what I have read, Jay is the one making a big deal whereas the FO are the ones being cool.

Yes I did support Plummer, but I believe that Cutler was brought in to improve the Broncos, and I have hoped that he would. I personally don't think he is that good of a leader on field and off, but he's done better than the other QB's in his draft (Leinart, Young).

Push comes to shove, I believe in and support the Broncos first, and individual players second. IF that makes me a Jay hater, or McDaniels lover in some peoples eyes, then so be it.

You said you were on McDaniels side, I was just wondering if that was because don't believe they tried to trade him or if you felt it didn't matter if they did, Cutler shouldn't be upset about it..

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 05:13 PM

You can't know that for sure! Some reports are saying Denver was trying to trade Cutler, that means they could have been calling other teams..

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 05:14 PM

Jay's response after:

~G

Great post G! We are seeing the big picture the same way.. :salute:

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 05:21 PM
The Broncos screwed this pooch. Jay Cutler is just reacting to the bad situation they put him in.

The Broncos are not commenting on things either, which complicates matters more.

If anyone is being a bitch, its Mcdaniels for not man'ing up and doing a real presser, or flying someone out to see Jay Cutler on the organizations behalf.

Instead of blaming Jay, why dont you throw some hate where it belongs, at the front office. They started it, mishandled it, tried to cover it up, then fell silent.

Right on!

If they really want Cutler and this is all a big misunderstanding they should be doing everything in their power to make him happy! Why wouldn't they?

They are about to lose the guy they claim the really want to QB this team because he feels betrayed. If they didn't betray him they should be doing everything they possibly can to clear this mess up..

They are choosing to take another side, which is proving there are 2 sides here..

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 05:25 PM
VERY big if.

Yeah, I would say the possibility of this being spread by the front office to gain support on moving Cutler is a better possibility..

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 05:29 PM

How have they exhibited more Maturity? They are about to lose the guy they claim they really want.. If they do really want him they will do whatever they can to fix this.. Saying nothing and wanting it to go away isn't going to get the job done..

If this is a misunderstanding they have absolutely no reason to be upset at Cutler, they should simply be saying, That is completely untrue! We would never trade you! If they want Cutler they will clear this up, if they let it go to shit it proves they didn't really want him... And Cutler will have been right all along.

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 05:31 PM

If you really believe Cutler is your franchise QB, you would do whatever it took to make him happy.. So he doesn't want out.

WARHORSE
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM

I listened to his phone interview where all these supposed pissed comments came from Jay..............it didnt sound to me at all like he was whining about anything.

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 05:56 PM

He talked to his agent, his agent told him they were getting calls about trading him.. He herd more rumors, his agent tried to call again and they wouldn't talk to him, His agent then told Cutler, they are blocking me out and wont address the situation...

Couple that with everything else he heard/seen that made him think they wanted to trade him and it's easy to understand where he is coming from.

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 06:00 PM

Yes I think he at least considered trading for Cassel.. Everyone including Shefter is saying Mckid wanted to trade Cutler for Cassel..

Maybe he did decide against it at the last minute? If that is the case he will do what ever is needed to prove that to Cutler so he can have the QB he chose..

If Cutler gets traded, it will be because Mckid didn't do what was needed to fix this situation and that will prove he didn't really want Cutler to begin with.

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I agree. No business should ever be held captive by their own employees. As great as Cutler is, his is only a part of the TEAM.. . a team that includes the Front Office and ownership.

I agree with this,

I also feel that beings they are a team they should have included Cutler/his agent that they were thinking of trading him.. Now he believes they are lieing when they say they weren't trying to trade him... Hell everyone who has talked to people inside the league believes they were trying to trade him, who do they think their fooling?

By lying they are making it look like cutler is making a big deal out of nothing.. That isn't right! If they want him on the team they should come clean and go out of their way to patch this up with Cutler.

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 06:14 PM

Great points Mike :salute:

There is clearly disruption now, I'm sure Cutler will get labeled the TO type and blamed for all the division. But if Mckid really did try to trade Cutler, but got blocked by Xman or Pat, now he'e lying and trying to cover it all up. He is causing all the division and should be labeled as the locker room cancer..

The players on this team know whether Mckid wanted to trade Cutler or not.. They will not respect him if they know he is lying and treating cutler this way. How can you be a good coach if your players don't like and respect you? That is apart of the job description.

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 06:21 PM
There is a lot of immaturity comming from both sides in this whole mess. At least Cutler is still a kid.
Josh and the X man? Not so much.

And there supposed to be the leaders.. It's pretty obvious they don't know how to handle the situation. Good leaders find a way to work with each player, and meet them on some common ground.. If they were good leaders, this would never have happened..

Who will be next? No elite player will except being treated like the team doesn't really need them. Lets face it, the stars get more respect then the scrubs.. If Cutler feels he is being treating like a scrub, I can see why we would want out..

SDBroncos
03-02-2009, 06:33 PM
i Wouldnt blame him for wanting to leave now, but i think he is smart enough to realize that there is a lot of great things that can come from patching this up. Jay knows he needs to mature and this is the perfect opportunity for him to show he is willing to. It would be nice to see a contract extension put in place to prove that Jay is the man and will be the face of the franchise. Either way, I think this is something that can be cleared up easily.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 07:32 PM

got to admit Turf there was a lot of reason not to be 11-5 last year and some of those were also on Offense.. to choke having a three game lead with 3 to go.. well it was not just defense..

2-10-SD 14 (1:13) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass deep middle intended for 15-B.Marshall INTERCEPTED by 27-P.Oliver at SD -5. Touchback.

1-10-DEN 18 (9:52) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass short right intended for 19-E.Royal INTERCEPTED by 93-L.Castillo (95-S.Phillips) at DEN 18. 93-L.Castillo to DEN 14 for 4 yards (62-C.Wiegmann).

2-10-SD 35 (8:55) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass short left to 19-E.Royal pushed ob at SD 30 for 5 yards (31-A.Cromartie).
3-5-SD 30 (8:30) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass incomplete deep left to 88-T.Scheffler (42-C.Hart).
4-5-SD 30 (8:25) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass incomplete deep middle to 15-B.Marshall.

2-10-DEN 18 (:17) (Shotgun) 35-S.Young left end to DEN 25 for 7 yards (30-C.Godfrey). FUMBLES (30-C.Godfrey), RECOVERED by CAR-96-T.Brayton at DEN 25. 96-T.Brayton to DEN 25 for no gain (74-R.Harris).

Mike
03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
got to admit Turf there was a lot of reason not to be 11-5 last year and some of those were also on Offense.. to choke having a three game lead with 3 to go.. well it was not just defense..

2-10-SD 14 (1:13) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass deep middle intended for 15-B.Marshall INTERCEPTED by 27-P.Oliver at SD -5. Touchback.

1-10-DEN 18 (9:52) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass short right intended for 19-E.Royal INTERCEPTED by 93-L.Castillo (95-S.Phillips) at DEN 18. 93-L.Castillo to DEN 14 for 4 yards (62-C.Wiegmann).

2-10-SD 35 (8:55) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass short left to 19-E.Royal pushed ob at SD 30 for 5 yards (31-A.Cromartie).
3-5-SD 30 (8:30) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass incomplete deep left to 88-T.Scheffler (42-C.Hart).
4-5-SD 30 (8:25) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass incomplete deep middle to 15-B.Marshall.

2-10-DEN 18 (:17) (Shotgun) 35-S.Young left end to DEN 25 for 7 yards (30-C.Godfrey). FUMBLES (30-C.Godfrey), RECOVERED by CAR-96-T.Brayton at DEN 25. 96-T.Brayton to DEN 25 for no gain (74-R.Harris).

I suspect context would do wonders for those situations, JR.

I will agree, though, that it was more than the defense. But anybody expecting the kid to carry the whole team has set the bar a little too high. No RB, no defense, piss poor ST, suspect playcalling. Eh.

There has been a huge disparity between Denver to NE the last couple of years and to compare anything on the two teams is ridiculous. We will see how Cassel does in KC this year.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 07:40 PM

Everyone of those plays is a passing play. IF we weren't behind (because the "D" sucked) we probably wouldn't have been passing all the time.

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 07:44 PM
am I the only one as an outside fan believe that McDaniels may have tried to blackball Cutler?

getlynched47
03-02-2009, 07:47 PM
am I the only one as an outside fan believe that McDaniels may have tried to blackball Cutler?

yes..............

Watchthemiddle
03-02-2009, 07:47 PM

I have to hand it to RIvers...and he and Jay are actually a lot alike. ( in Maturity that is) or WERE a lot alike.

THis was Rivers maturity level a year or two ago. When he decided to grow up and move on from his immature ways, he played outstanding....pretty much putting the team on his back down the stretch and taking his team to the playoffs.

That is what Jay needs to do. Tools or not, if he doesn't have the mental capacity to lead and spark those around him and get over his little TIFF with RIvers and now the HC of his team, then he is not going to go anywhere...except maybe the Lions...:rofl:

turftoad
03-02-2009, 07:49 PM
I have to hand it to RIvers...and he and Jay are actually a lot alike. ( in Maturity that is) or WERE a lot alike.

THis was Rivers maturity level a year or two ago. When he decided to grow up and move on from his immature ways, he played outstanding....pretty much putting the team on his back down the stretch and taking his team to the playoffs.

That is what Jay needs to do. Tools or not, if he doesn't have the mental capacity to lead and spark those around him and get over his little TIFF with RIvers and now the HC of his team, then he is not going to go anywhere...except maybe the Lions...:rofl:

Sounds like you should turn into a Chargers fan.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 07:50 PM

You're part of the majority.

SDBroncos
03-02-2009, 07:51 PM
He was looking for the easiest way to transition to head coach. he is young and inexperienced and did not think through his decision to make the move for cassell. being so fresh to the franchise this is salvageable. he and Jay can both learn and grow from this but only if they act like adults

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Here's what I don't get.

If Denver was actively shopping this trade, why would New England turn down a first round pick for a second pick, AND losing a LB in the deal?

It just doesn't make sense. Why would New England take the worst of the two deals?

Belichick. :tsk:

they needed the cap space. They cleared up something like 18 mill under the cap. And with the second pick they dont have to pay the first round rate that would eat up that cap space. They have alot of defesive players contracts that are going to be FA next year. And i bet that they are going to save that space for them.

Or he could have just wanted to burn MaNificent :confused:

fcspikeit
03-02-2009, 07:58 PM

With all the new rumors trying to make Jay look bad I am beginning to completely believe McDaniels set this up from the start and is doing what ever he can now to make Cutler look bad and gain fan support for trading him...

IMO he is on thin ice here, if he gets his way and sends Cutler packing, I will be done with him...

broncobryce
03-02-2009, 08:00 PM

And gives better head? You would know wouldn't you?

Gamechanger
03-02-2009, 08:00 PM
my thing is why is all the blame and hounding is on Cutler? the way I see it he's more bulletproof than a guy who wanted to stay in his comfort zone...

but because the franchise QB spoke to the media he's being taken to the firing squad??

I just don't get it, he's not an android, he's gonna say what he feels and thats him and I respect that

Peyton wasn't a golden boy himself

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I listened to his phone interview where all these supposed pissed comments came from Jay..............it didnt sound to me at all like he was whining about anything.

was he positive about it, did he say he was unhappy, did he say he felt betrayed..

did he say he was going to run right in a clear the air.. Maybe is was not whinnnnny but it was not very adult was it.. more like a 8th grader that hurt feelings right..

That was what it sound like to me. certainly not .. Wow I had not heard I can't comment on it it right now let me call and find out and I'll get back to you..

If is was anything less than that it was inexcusable to whine/comment about it till he had the FACTS.. IMHO

turftoad
03-02-2009, 08:36 PM
was he positive about it, did he say he was unhappy, did he say he felt betrayed..

did he say he was going to run right in a clear the air.. Maybe is was not whinnnnny but it was not very adult was it.. more like a 8th grader that hurt feelings right..

That was what it sound like to me. certainly not .. Wow I had not heard I can't comment on it it right now let me call and find out and I'll get back to you..

If is was anything less than that it was inexcusable to whine/comment about it till he had the FACTS.. IMHO

Maybe he does have the facts.

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I suspect context would do wonders for those situations, JR.

I will agree, though, that it was more than the defense. But anybody expecting the kid to carry the whole team has set the bar a little too high. No RB, no defense, piss poor ST, suspect playcalling. Eh.

There has been a huge disparity between Denver to NE the last couple of years and to compare anything on the two teams is ridiculous. We will see how Cassel does in KC this year.

As I said there were other reason OTHER than just the defense as Turf alluded to..

I suspect Cassell will not do as well in KC as he would he have done in DEN with his old boss and all the firepower we have versus new system in KC and only a reluctant RB for the running game..

Lonestar
03-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Maybe he does have the facts.

If he will not talk to the ones that were on the phone how can he possibly have the facts..

All Jay has are unsubstantiated rumors from reporters, in a rush to scoop a story, that is what he is going on ..

Why is that hard to understand..

Until he talks to the HC, GM or Pat it is all bovine excrement..