PDA

View Full Version : Leave Cutler alone

atwater27
03-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Enough! I am sick of it! The Broncos have absolutely no business trading the BEST YOUNG QB in the game. None. Period. End of story. Why are alot of you piling on Jay for this? He is a football player, an athlete; not an expert in how to handle being stabbed in the back by his new coach. How he "handles" being betrayed by his managers is of no consequence. The fact is it happened. Stop blaming the victim in all of this and siding with executives. Christ, we lost Shanahan this offseason. Then our decent assistants and our brilliant Goodmans. Now the only pride left of our team, Cutler, is in jeopardy and all you guys want to do is critique how he rected to being ****** over and disrespected by the top brass? Hey I guess you'd be happy with an expansion team. I'm not and if Cutler ends up going somewhere else for this, what reason do I have to even be a Broncos fan anymore? I don't like the Patriots. I don't plan on cheering for the Denver based version of them. This sucks. Go Cutty.

Mike
03-01-2009, 01:51 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/bubba_thudd/leave.jpg

Except for the not being a Bronco fan anymore, I agree with you...just couldn't resist.

Broncogator
03-01-2009, 01:52 PM
LWSjUe0FyxQ

Broncogator
03-01-2009, 01:52 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/bubba_thudd/leave.jpg

Couldn't resist.

Beat me to it...lol

atwater27
03-01-2009, 01:53 PM
**** both of you guys.

shank
03-01-2009, 02:00 PM
JTB said it perfectly:

People, have your opinions, regardless of where you stand. Jay needs to grow up, Josh McDaniels, Brian Xanders, and Pat Bowlen are F****** Idiots (my opinion) or whatever.

Are they rumors? Maybe. Did they ACTUALLY try and trade Jay? Maybe. Did they entertain offers? Maybe. Or did they just listen, and quickly turn them down? Maybe. Who's right, who is wrong? Who knows.

Regardless of the speculation or anyone's interpretations, Dove Valley is going to be full of OC gossip and Real World drama. Someting us Bronco fans are used to hearing about the Cowboys or Brett Favre, not our beloved Broncos. Are we hurt by this? A lot of us are, but however we feel, it's Jay Cutler's mind set that matters the most. Put yourself in his shoes ladies and gentleman. Your head coach gets fired, you move on, your good friend is let go as offensive coordinator, you move on, you understand the NFL is a business and you move on.

You spend the next 3 weeks warming yourself to the new regime, coaches, and front office, and get a lot of support doing so. You have phone conversations, meetings, and dinners with the new sheriff of the Mile High City McKid, and things are starting to fall into place. Good deal.

Then, out of the blue, the orange and blue might be stripped from your sides. Trade talks that involve you hit the media waves and suddenly you feel all the trust you were starting to build, sails into the thin air in Denver. Matt Cassel? A first round pick? Not so fast. Jay Cutler is hurt, and regardless of his personality or ego, he has the right to question the front office and the business... Anyone here would feel the same way.

Even if he is boyish, has a bad haircut, and acts like he is a spoiled kid on Christmas day sometimes, I bet no one here would rather have another QB at helm. We aren't blind, neither is the league, EVERYONE has seen this kids potential, and sometimes are amazed by his laser, rocket arm. Personally, I am pissed. I felt firing Shanahan was a mistake. But I put trust in McKid and Pat Bowlen. First term report cards are out, and Patty and Josh get F's. I was expecting more out of these two, and both of them have let Bronco Nation down. Pat better rebound, because he losing it. Josh better mend fences pretty quickly, because he is running out of nails. Jay Cutler is at home, so are his Bronco teammates, all of them wanting answers. So do we. And McKid and Patty better give it to all of us quick, because everyone wants to win and 1998 was a long time ago. Trading or entertaining offers for the face of a franchise isn't the way to win, it's a way to create chaos and it's starting to spread like wild fires. We can only hope this is resolved ASAP, other wise Bronco buddies, it is going to be a natural disaster is Dove Valley.

claymore
03-01-2009, 02:00 PM
**** both of you guys.

LMAO. I to will question my loyalties to this regime if he is gone. If He goes (Cutler), I can root for the bills until McDouchebag is fired......

MOtorboat
03-01-2009, 02:04 PM
LMAO. I to will question my loyalties to this regime if he is gone. If He goes (Cutler), I can root for the bills until McDouchebag is fired......

Well, if he's traded to Tampa, it would only make sense that you would root for Tampa at that time...eh, Clay?

broncophan
03-01-2009, 02:08 PM
qb's come and go......and Cutler certainly hasn't earned any right to bellyache about trade rumors.

hopefully he is kept around....it would be interesting to see how he turns out...as he continues to learn how to be an nfl qb.

I do suppose though.....if Cutler falls on his face this upcoming season.....and I hope he doesn't................all the Cutler "lovers" will use this fiasco as an excuse....why would he play well for a franchise who doesn't want him etc. etc.........I can hear it now.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Broncogator
03-01-2009, 02:09 PM

Yes, I'm thinking about becoming a Rams fan...oh wait it's gone now.

atwater27
03-01-2009, 02:10 PM
qb's come and go......and Cutler certainly hasn't earned any right to bellyache about trade rumors.

hopefully he is kept around....it would be interesting to see how he turns out...as he continues to learn how to be an nfl qb.

I do suppose though.....if Cutler falls on his face this upcoming season.....and I hope he doesn't................all the Cutler "lovers" will use this fiasco as an excuse....why would he play well for a franchise who doesn't want him etc. etc.........I can hear it now.

GO BRONCOS!!!

YAY! Go expansion team!

Broncogator
03-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Atwater, please take a xanax.

TIA, Gator

atwater27
03-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Why? Is this not a Broncos board in which we all spend alot of time obsessing over them? How is this not a huge deal?

Broncogator
03-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Why? Is this not a Broncos board in which we all spend alot of time obsessing over them? How is this not a huge deal?

I'm just screwing with you...relax :coffee:

BeefStew25
03-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Are you entertained? Do I not entertain you?

shank
03-01-2009, 02:22 PM
i'll take a xanax if you're giving them out gator.

rcsodak

GO BRONCOS!!!

Exactly!
And for those so called 'fans' that leave a team along with a player, guess what:You were never a Broncos fan. There, I said it!

Those of us that actually stay true through thick and thin....don't go the way of the players. Because they'll leave on the drop of a dime, if the money's right.

Gamechanger
LWSjUe0FyxQ

qRbr1v4_IhQ

one up it

topscribe
03-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Enough! I am sick of it! The Broncos have absolutely no business trading the BEST YOUNG QB in the game. None. Period. End of story. Why are alot of you piling on Jay for this? He is a football player, an athlete; not an expert in how to handle being stabbed in the back by his new coach. How he "handles" being betrayed by his managers is of no consequence. The fact is it happened. Stop blaming the victim in all of this and siding with executives. Christ, we lost Shanahan this offseason. Then our decent assistants and our brilliant Goodmans. Now the only pride left of our team, Cutler, is in jeopardy and all you guys want to do is critique how he rected to being ****** over and disrespected by the top brass? Hey I guess you'd be happy with an expansion team. I'm not and if Cutler ends up going somewhere else for this, what reason do I have to even be a Broncos fan anymore? I don't like the Patriots. I don't plan on cheering for the Denver based version of them. This sucks. Go Cutty.

I can identify with this somewhat. I have been a fan since the first game the
Broncos ever played, and my loyalty has never been strained. But if they
dump Cutler . . . well, it's hard not to have second thoughts . . .

-----

MOtorboat
03-01-2009, 02:25 PM
qRbr1v4_IhQ

one up it

UFfobQftP5k

atwater27
03-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Exactly!
And for those so called 'fans' that leave a team along with a player, guess what:You were never a Broncos fan. There, I said it!

Those of us that actually stay true through thick and thin....don't go the way of the players. Because they'll leave on the drop of a dime, if the money's right.

At what point do I say enough is enough? If we lose Cutler, who the hell do I root for? We fired Shanahan who I love and have ultimate respect for and who was the face of the organization, the identity for a long time. Then we lose the goodmans, who were incredible in the short time they were here. Cutler could be gone soon or at least it was attempted. Who do i root for? What the **** happened to my Broncos? This organization is circling the toilet. Not sure I want to be a part of it.

Broncogator
03-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Mo, should I use the new camcorder to make a "leave Cutler alone" video??

MOtorboat
03-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Mo, should I use the new camcorder to make a "leave Cutler alone" video??

I will buy ALL of your beer in April on that Friday night if you do it.

atwater27
03-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Quick, do it before a Chargers fan does. Maybe you guys could make one together.

broncophan
03-01-2009, 02:33 PM
At what point do I say enough is enough? If we lose Cutler, who the hell do I root for? We fired Shanahan who I love and have ultimate respect for and who was the face of the organization, the identity for a long time. Then we lose the goodmans, who were incredible in the short time they were here. Cutler could be gone soon or at least it was attempted. Who do i root for? What the **** happened to my Broncos? This organization is circling the toilet. Not sure I want to be a part of it.

You never say enough is enough.......doesn't mean we have to agree with every decision that is made for our broncos.....but we just stick with them.

Take it from a Pittsburgh Pirate fan.....I have followed them for 32 years.....(just like the broncos)...........they haven't had a winning season for 15 years now I think...........gotta stick with them though....:rolleyes:

mewolf2
03-01-2009, 02:34 PM

McPunkass has done it this time! Have they lost their freaking minds!?
Jay C still wants to work with these jerks? I wouldn't blame him if he asked for his unconditional release. What an insult to one of the best young QB's in the game. You bet I'm going to be enthuiastic about renewing my season tickets this year. NOT!

atwater27
03-01-2009, 02:36 PM
You never say enough is enough.......doesn't mean we have to agree with every decision that is made for our broncos.....but we just stick with them.

Take it from a Pittsburgh Pirate fan.....I have followed them for 32 years.....(just like the broncos)...........they haven't had a winning season for 15 years now I think...........gotta stick with them though....:rolleyes:

O well, different strokes for different folks. I am considering filing for divorce. Or at least a separation til my team gets it's head out of it's ass.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-01-2009, 02:51 PM

Me too...or Detroit if tht is where Cutty would end up.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I'd never separate completely from the Broncos...but if McD is truly the one gumming up the works, a strike may be necessary. No more ticket purchases. No more apparel. BUT...it still remains to be seen what will happen. It's only March1.

atwater27
03-01-2009, 11:22 PM
:beer: Awesome post

TroubledSLEEP (3/1/2009 at 7:50 PM)

Can the people who condescendingly point out that the NFL is a "business" please shut up. You sound more childish than the over-crazed fans. You are the little rejects in school who try to act smarter than everyone else to puff up their ego. To real fans this isn't just a "business". We don't "invest" in our teams for financial profit. It may be silly and irrational to have an emotional attachment to teams and players, in fact, to pay the kind of attention we do to sports at all is rather foolish, but that is sports: an irrational passion for a "game". Besides, what other NFL "franchises" do business this way. To those who act like this is standard "business" please provide some examples. (Please don't use Favre as an example) Cutler has as much or more potential and physical tools as anyone in the league. There are only a small handful of established QB's that would be an improvement over Cutler, but those QB's will never be traded until perhaps they are in the twilight of their career or until it becomes clear that they cannot deliver wins. That is because their teams realize how rare a find a franchise QB is. Cutler has played three seasons and is already near the cusp of the league's elite. He is certainly not flawless, and he may never become the heir to Elway we've been waiting for, but he's the best chance we've got by light years. http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1677/Broncos-fans-let-McDaniels-know-what-they-think.html

MOtorboat
03-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Cutler is being an absolute baby...

rcsodak
03-01-2009, 11:26 PM
The way I see it, is he is trying to emulate Bellycheck. Gots to be the "man in charge". But I think Bellycheck has a thing against his coordinators when they leave. He despises Mangini and now he's trying to tarnish McD. But his buddy, pioli, is getting the 'gold treatment', and a sweetheart deal!

McD just needs to realize this, ASAP, and completely separate himself! Let us see what made him so irresistable to Bowlen & co.

BroncoJoe
03-01-2009, 11:28 PM
. . .

But if they
dump Cutler . . . well, it's hard not to have second thoughts . . .

-----

Top, you know I love you, but Cutler or not, I'm a Broncos fan first.

I can't believe you typed that.

rcsodak
03-01-2009, 11:28 PM

DON'T make me agree with you EVER again, you bastage!!!!!

:lol:

BroncoJoe
03-01-2009, 11:39 PM

You're jumping over the fence so much, I have no idea what yard you're in.