PDA

View Full Version : 12th defender.... THE WIND !

Chef Zambini
01-14-2012, 02:43 PM
just ask JE about the toughest defender he ever faced!
wind at gametime will be in excess of 25 MPH !
Run the dang ball, 75% of all snaps ! Stop their run game because we will get help from the wind defensively too !
Tim run the ball at least 8 times in the first half!
15 times for the game!
willy-mac tote that rock!

WTE
01-14-2012, 02:48 PM
What???? The wind totally works against Tebow and the loft he places under his passes.

Brady has a much better arm and will have no trouble throwing the short routes to Welker and the TE's.

IMO, Tebow will throw a couple picks b/c of the wind and will force Denver to be extremely one dimensional.

Believe me, the wind won't hurt Brady.

Dapper Dan
01-14-2012, 02:53 PM
What???? The wind totally works against Tebow and the loft he places under his passes.

Brady has a much better arm and will have no trouble throwing the short routes to Welker and the TE's.

IMO, Tebow will throw a couple picks b/c of the wind and will force Denver to be extremely one dimensional.

I hate to agree with WTE on anything. But this was my first thought when I read the OP.

wayninja
01-14-2012, 02:55 PM

Meh, Tebow has a stronger arm than you think he does. A long ball will be difficult for either passer in those conditions.

Nomad
01-14-2012, 02:56 PM

I would venture to say he is talking about Tebow. But it could affect either QB

This will be by far Tebow's coldest game too....if a person isn't use to those kind of wind chills, it can affect them negatively. Not sure what the wind chill will be.

I have had my experience with wind chills living in NODAK.

wayninja
01-14-2012, 02:57 PM
I would venture to say he is talking about Tebow.

This will be by far Tebow's coldest game too....if a person isn't use to those kind of wind chills, it can affect them negatively. Not sure what the wind chill will be.

I have had my experience with wind chills living in NODAK.

It was cold in Buffalo too. Not sure if it was this cold, but still cold. Not sure why I'm mentioning that though as the buffalo game was by far Tebows worst performance.

Nomad
01-14-2012, 03:00 PM
It was cold in Buffalo too. Not sure if it was this cold, but still cold. Not sure why I'm mentioning that though as the buffalo game was by far Tebows worst performance.

Cold is one thing....add in the wind and it's alot different. We'll see, I hope it makes no difference to Tebow.

WTE
01-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Cold is one thing....add in the wind and it's alot different. We'll see, I hope it makes no difference to Tebow.

I agree. I don't think the cold will have much of an effect on Tebow but the wind probably will.

Tebow doesn't throw a tight spiral and his type of throw will have a hard time cutting the wind and instead will most likely get caught up with the wind.

wayninja
01-14-2012, 03:18 PM
I agree. I don't think the cold will have much of an effect on Tebow but the wind probably will.

Tebow doesn't throw a tight spiral and his type of throw will have a hard time cutting the wind and instead will most likely get caught up with the wind.

Sounds like very wishful thinking to me. We'll see I guess.

Nomad
01-14-2012, 03:25 PM

I was thinking mentally when one is not use to it, but Tebow is a tough dude.

OrangeHoof
01-14-2012, 04:03 PM
It's all BS anyway. According to Weather Underground, winds during the game tonight are expected to be under 10 MPH.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=02035&hourly=1&yday=13&weekday=Saturday

Bad premise. Nothing to see here.

bcbronc
01-14-2012, 04:20 PM

If wind is a factor, it would affect Tebow's throws more than Brady's, but it's still going to have some affect on Tom. Key thing is, wind or no, we win/lose this game on the ground, you guys win/lose through the air. If weather impacts the passing game, advantage us cuz we're better set up to win a run vs run game. Brady can handle it, he's proven that over and over, but weather only needs to affect one pass (thrower or catcher) to turn the game in our favour.

If it's cold, I'm not sure your front seven can man up and handle McGahee, other than Wilfork. Willis is a yard-after-contact back in the best of weather, if it's cold your LBs better be wearing their big boy pants.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2012, 05:19 PM

Wind definitely could be a factor for Brady, when he is trying to throw the ball, while laying on his backside:D

broken12
01-14-2012, 06:16 PM
I looked on w underground says 10 mile hr wind so nothing really to worry boot weather related

battherastard
01-14-2012, 07:29 PM
maybe it would hurt the patriots if they didn't run so many 5 yard dink and dunks

broken12
01-14-2012, 07:39 PM
It looked pretty windy when they showed denver warming up on god

Krugan
01-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks for pointing this wind out...

its a killer for sure

WTE
01-15-2012, 08:37 AM
If it's cold, I'm not sure your front seven can man up and handle McGahee, other than Wilfork. Willis is a yard-after-contact back in the best of weather, if it's cold your LBs better be wearing their big boy pants.

They had their Uggs on too.

HammeredOut
01-15-2012, 11:45 AM
A ton of helicopters spun about 8 yards away off coarse when Tebow released his passes.

Ravage!!!
01-15-2012, 11:57 AM
The wind killed us because it didn't let us punt as far, giving Brady short fields all day. When your team relies on punts, thats bad.

WTE
01-15-2012, 12:02 PM
The wind killed us because it didn't let us punt as far, giving Brady short fields all day. When your team relies on punts, thats bad.

Hey Ravage!!!

Remember when you said NE's defense was horrible. How do they look now?

15 plays for negative yards.

Chef Zambini
01-15-2012, 01:40 PM
wind died down at gametime,
so much for devine intervention.

I guess god has more important things on her agenda than a football game.