PDA

View Full Version : Shaughnessy: Expect a rout of poor Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2012, 11:40 AM
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. —How does 73-0, Patriots, sound?

The Belichickmen are playing the Broncos tonight in the latest Game of the Millennium, and everything is going New England's way. Again.

Could this be teed up any better? Could things be any easier for your Patriots?

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19740137

In case anyone would like to send their best wishes to Shaughnessy :D here is his email address:

Dan Shaughnessy's e-mail address is dshaughnessy@globe.com.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/shaughnessy/

BroncoWave
01-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Does the media just not care about sounding like idiots? They must not.

tomjonesrocks
01-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Wha--the Broncos are underdogs in this game?

Is that what the 13 1/2 point line in Vegas means?

MOtorboat
01-14-2012, 12:00 PM
When rc shows up lets all go over to the positive only gameday thread.

I'm more excited and less nervous than I was last week. We've got nothing to lose. The pressure is all on them.

Go Broncos!!!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Slick just posted this in the game thread, and I'm pretty sure this is the other side of the coin to the hyperbolic point that Shaughnessy is trying to make...

BroncoNut
01-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Does the media just not care about sounding like idiots? They must not.

I think alot of it is to keep viewers tuned in. Manipulation of the masses by the select few. If I can share anything in this crazy thing called life, it would be that people are sheep. Do something extraordinary. be weird

spikerman
01-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Personally, I love it. I suspect that this was a little bit tongue in cheek, but if that's the attitude of most of the people out there, the Broncos can play fast and loose. They have nothing to lose, so go out have fun and fly around. Maybe something miraculous will happen. If not, well that's what's expected anyway.

wayninja
01-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Personally, I love it. I suspect that this was a little bit tongue in cheek, but if that's the attitude of most of the people out there, the Broncos can play fast and loose. They have nothing to lose, so go out have fun and fly around. Maybe something miraculous will happen. If not, well that's what's expected anyway.

I was thinking this must be tongue-in-cheek too, but I got to the end without any hint that the writer was being hyperbolic.

I dunno... is it possible he really feels this way? Seems ludicrous. Sure the safe bet is taking the Pats, but 73-0. Really?

MOtorboat
01-14-2012, 01:25 PM
I was thinking this must be tongue-in-cheek too, but I got to the end without any hint that the writer was being hyperbolic.

I dunno... is it possible he really feels this way? Seems ludicrous. Sure the safe bet is taking the Pats, but 73-0. Really?

He wrote this last week:

boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/01/02/the_way_i_see_it_the_patriots_are_a_mirage/

Ravage!!!
01-14-2012, 01:27 PM
This entire article is a shot at the Patriots, not he Broncos.

Medford Bronco
01-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Lol someone the rams 73-0 when ne played in the sb. He is stirring
Crap to see what sticks. Even
Sweeter if ne loses. Go broncos make all the
Puke homers in ne eat their words.

Nomad
01-14-2012, 01:31 PM

Pull the trigger Tebow!

wayninja
01-14-2012, 01:34 PM
He wrote this last week:

boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/01/02/the_way_i_see_it_the_patriots_are_a_mirage/

Fair enough... have to say though. His writing sucks. If you have to know his history in order to tell if he's being sarcastic, that's just not good writing.

WTE
01-14-2012, 01:35 PM
This entire article is a shot at the Patriots, not he Broncos.

Probably. Bob Kraft hates Shaughnessy as he always finds something negative to write about concerning the Patriots.

Since there's not a huge amt to be negative about he writes a tongue in cheek article.

One more thing, every year Bob Kraft throws a wonderful party at his house for the media. It's a great event. He pretty much sends every media member a personal invite except for one person - Dan Shaughnessy.

MOtorboat
01-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, Shaughnessy doesn't think the Patriots are very good, despite their record and home field advantage...so I think the Denver Post publishing this one piece of his doesn't really capture what his point was...

Northman
01-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Yea, i heard that before. 18-1. Nuff said.

CrazyHorse
01-14-2012, 02:05 PM
I say 3-16. Broncos.

RebelRocker
01-14-2012, 03:13 PM
rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19740137

In case anyone would like to send their best wishes to Shaughnessy :D here is his email address:

Dan Shaughnessy's e-mail address is dshaughnessy@globe.com.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/shaughnessy/

Is it just me, or does this game WREAK of history? History as in the 1996 division playoff game against Jacksonville. We mocked them all week and that they had no chance... And look at what happened.

Like the famous saying goes, "If you don't learn from you're past, you're DOOMED to repeat it!!!"

GO BRONCOS!!!

wayninja
01-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Is it just me, or does this game WREAK of history? History as in the 1996 division playoff game against Jacksonville. We mocked them all week and that they had no chance... And look at what happened.

Like the famous saying goes, "If you don't learn from you're past, you're DOOMED to repeat it!!!"

GO BRONCOS!!!

Do you really mean 'wreak'? Or do you mean 'reek'. Neither word really fits here.

Anyway, enough of being word choice police, Go Broncos.

Joel
01-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Probably. Bob Kraft hates Shaughnessy as he always finds something negative to write about concerning the Patriots.

Since there's not a huge amt to be negative about he writes a tongue in cheek article.

One more thing, every year Bob Kraft throws a wonderful party at his house for the media. It's a great event. He pretty much sends every media member a personal invite except for one person - Dan Shaughnessy.
The D is something to be negative about. 17th against the run and 31st against the pass? It's a darned good thing for ya'll you pass so well, because with that erratic running game you'd be in real trouble without it.

tomjonesrocks
01-14-2012, 11:12 PM
This game reminds more of 55-10 vs SF, or perhaps against the Raiders last season.

This team didn't even to deserve to be on the field.

wayninja
01-15-2012, 12:15 AM
This guy is an idiot. An idiot savant.

SM19
01-15-2012, 01:19 AM
You're not wrong, Dan, you're just an *******.