PDA

View Full Version : What Tebow and the Broncos can do to repay the Steelers

Steel Peon
01-13-2012, 09:08 PM
You might think I'm crazy, but the way I see it, your victory against the Steelers may be a big turning point for the Broncos. Yeah sure, my team looks old, slow, and washed up, but they've played an overall solid season, had ample talent left uninjured to beat any team in the league, and to be fair, the Broncos have not. I'm actually pretty damn embarrassed about the whole thing, but one thing occurred to me after game.......this game might have been just the thing the Broncos need to gain the confidence to move forward.

So that being said, I am just going to flat out ASSUME (and run the risk of you know what) that you guys have turned the corner by beating the Steelers, and could now realistically give it a run to the end. And the way I see it, you guys already owe us.

SO, to completely repay any debt that I've delusioned you guys need to, all you gotta do is...........go all the way and win everything. That's right, win the damn Super Bowl and we'll just call it even. I am in fact now rooting for you guys to get it done, and come home world champions. We might even end up oweing you guys if something like that happened.

You see, I don't watch a lot of college football, and I didn't know a whole lot about Tebow when he was transitioning to the NFL, so I never judged him one way or the other. I've seen too many highly drafted QBs go bust, and many lower drafts go on to have incredible careers, so as not to go and make some kind of pre-judgement about Tebow. It actually seemed kind of odd to me all the jibber jabber about him, and how tons of folks were just chomping at the bit to see him fall flat on his face. I didn't understand it at all.........it's not like he raped some college girl.

But, when I finally did get to see him play, and look over the stats he created, it started to look like all the naysayers were right, and that he really was going to struggle as a starting QB. Overall, I really didn't give 2 shits one way or the other, but I honestly hoped the kid would succeed and go on to the playoffs. I mean, just because he didn't do what people expect a QB to do in college or the NFL doesn't mean he can't learn or get better in different skills. Imagine my surprise when I found out we'd be playing the Broncos.........who woulda' figured?

Leading up to the Steelers game, Tebow's stats were abysmal, and neither I, nor any football analyst on the planet gave your team a chance in hell of winning........it seemed absurd and many people were having a large chuckle at Tebow's expense. Hell, I just recently heard some joke that were being told about Tebow after losing to the Chefs. "Hey, did you hear that Lawnboy wants Tim Tebow as a sponsor, because he throws so many balls into the turf?" "Hey did you hear Tebow tried to kill himself after losing the last game? Yeah, it was freaky, he missed his head by 10 feet." I didn't come up with those, so I guess I have to give credit to the writer of an excellent article about the Steelers loss: "How to Lose to an Awful Quarterback by Palmer Sucks" - http://www.stillers.com/articles/2738.aspx

So, I hate to be repetitive and lecture you guys some more, but the Broncos really shocked the world, and now you owe all your future success to the Steelers......you're welcome.

And now, lets get onto that task of kicking ass and taking Lombardis! It's there for the taking, get to it! If you manage that, I swear I won't bring this up ever again. :D

OrangeHoof
01-13-2012, 09:16 PM
How the heck do we "owe" you and why on earth should we "repay" you? If anything, we were getting back for 2005.

Oh, but you could help us by loaning us some the refs the Rooneys seem to keep in their back pockets.

TXBRONC
01-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks. I hope we can ablige you and win the Super Bowl; and while anything can happen once you get to the dance I'm not sure Denver has all the parts to go all the way. Even if we don't this team has far exceeded expectations.

TXBRONC
01-13-2012, 09:22 PM
How the heck do we "owe" you and why on earth should we "repay" you? If anything, we were getting back for 2005.

Oh, but you could help us by loaning us some the refs the Rooneys seem to keep in their back pockets.

I don't think this guy is trying to talk smack.

chazoe60
01-13-2012, 09:23 PM
I think the OP got confused, it's not that we "owe" the Stealers anything it's that we OWN the Stealers. It's okay, it's just one letter off.

I do like the idea of going and getting another Lombardi though.

Clipworthy
01-13-2012, 09:26 PM
I'd like to thank Rapelisberger while we're at it, thanks for raping those women so we didn't have to

smith49
01-13-2012, 09:26 PM
wow!!! Really? Do we have to listen to anymore steeler fan garble. I know you are probly kidding, and you are just coming out of your dark corner where you have been hiding and crying the last several days, but give me a break. Steeler fan can eat me!! We owe you nothing and your disrespect, wether its tounge and cheek or not, is an insult, so go f yourself.

SoCalImport
01-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Wow.. I thought the OP was being nothing but respectful. Even humorous.

TXBRONC
01-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Wow.. I thought the OP was being nothing but respectful. Even humorous.

Where are we going wrong because I think the same thing:questionmark:

chazoe60
01-13-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm like the OP a lot of the time. If my team loses I want the team that beat us to winthe SB it makes us look better.

But, his team did lose so we are obligated to raz him a little

Dzone
01-13-2012, 10:00 PM
I see a lot of Patriots grabbing Tebows face mask.
We will rack up multiple 15 yard penalties on the stupid Patriots grabbing Tebows facemask. That is if we dont get stupid refs like we had last week.
Since there arent any Tebow threads, I decided to post this here.
The OP means no harm.

Day1BroncoFan
01-13-2012, 10:05 PM
I hope we win the superbowl but we don't owe putzburgh any thing at all.

On another note, thanks for the props.

dogfish
01-13-2012, 10:14 PM
send us mike wallace, and we'll forget this conversation ever happened. . . .

:cool: :welcome:

Joel
01-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Our QB in our last playoff game imploded, with 2 picks and 2 fumbles that led to Denvers only loss in a Conference Championship at home and cost us a Super Bowl against a Seahawks team we'd have destroyed: Sunday WAS your payback. Maybe Jay Cutler owes you 'cos if we win then Shanahan doesn't draft him, and he might still be riding someones bench waiting for his first start. Classy post, but I strongly disagree with your position.

That said, Sundays game could well be our turning point, because it convinced our offense we could move the ball well and score on the Leagues best D, by PASSING, no less. It'd be fun to have a rematch with both teams healthy and nothing but pride on the line (does the North play the West next season? You get to play the Faders and their TBA coach either way: You're welcome. ;))

The downside is LeBeau keeping his pass rushers in Tebows running lanes so he stayed in the pocket and had to win with his arm proved he can do that, even get the ball into tight windows against a very good Pro Bowl CB in Ike Taylor. I say, "downside," because it won't quell the controversy by itself, but guarantees Belicheat will blitz the crap out of Tebow tomorrow, and his pass rush hurt us badly last time.

If Houston can win their rematch with Baltimore, however, they should beat whoever wins tomorrow, though they'd have a harder time in New Englands sub-zero conditions (a rookie QB could start in the SB. :eek:) Houstons D and rushing attack vs. a team we put 252 rushing yards on in 3 quarters last month... yick. I do sympathize with a loss making you want to second to the best; '05 would've been worse if the Seahawks had beaten ya'll.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2012, 11:15 PM

I would assume the intent is, if the Broncos go all the way, it makes the Steelers look better to have been beaten by the SB Champs.

Steel Peon
01-14-2012, 10:14 AM
But, his team did lose so we are obligated to raz him a little
Yeah, I expected a lot more than I got.......stay classy Donkey fans.

If anything, we were getting back for 2005.

Our QB in our last playoff game imploded, with 2 picks and 2 fumbles that led to Denvers only loss in a Conference Championship at home and cost us a Super Bowl against a Seahawks team we'd have destroyed: Sunday WAS your payback.
As far as '05 is concerned, I could easily say '05 was payback for '97.......except I'd be talking out my arse like you are. Kornhole Stewart was never going to get us to a Super Bowl, let alone win it, and I knew this as fact. I was actually amazed with myself at how little I cared about losing that AFCCG, and I don't think there was a non-Bronco fan cheering for Elway to win it all more than I was. I gotta give it up that SB XXXII was a pretty epic tilt, one that the Steelers just simply did not belong in.

However that being said, Joke Plummer was also never going to win you guys a SB, let alone get you there. And, not against the '05 Steelers, who squeaked into the playoffs that year, but as a lot of people forget had been on the verge of going to the SB in '04 with a regular season record of 15-1. I'm sorry guys, after watching the season highlight reel for '05 Broncos, before the AFCCG, we were all like "that's it?" The Steelers reel kinda dwarfed it.......just being honest there. You can tell a lot by a team's highlight reel.

I would assume the intent is, if the Broncos go all the way, it makes the Steelers look better to have been beaten by the SB Champs.

If my team loses I want the team that beat us to winthe SB it makes us look better.
Kinda, but not quite......I know the Steelers are a much better team than how they've played all year.....it really pisses me off. Really though, after watching the SB the years my team wasn't in it made me think of something: not winning it not only means that your team will NOT be adding a Lombardi to it's collection, but another team, and one you might be trying to keep pace with, will. So, if you guys win it, that means that either the Ratbirds, NE Gays, or meat Packers did not.

send us mike wallace, and we'll forget this conversation ever happened. . . .
You could get your wish on this one........compared to Antonio Brown, Wallace is looking more and more like a one trick pony. In a now Offense driven league, we may be inclined to keep him, but if you look back at when we had Plaxico, it was either keeping him or keeping Hines. Sure Wallace and Plax are great deep threats, but first you have to have a QB that can deliver the ball to them, and Ben has not been able to do this consistently enough.

Chef Zambini
01-14-2012, 10:56 AM
I would assume the intent is, if the Broncos go all the way, it makes the Steelers look better to have been beaten by the SB Champs.exactomundo! 'please beat the pats, because misery loves company and if you can do it again my pathetic team wont be the laughing stock of the league' !
steeler 'pride' got hit by a bus laST SUNDAY1
the inconceivable happened, and now many of those arrogant boastful, loadmouth fans are hoping for some form of redemption or salvo in a bronco win ! I remind you all of this;
every time our broncos have gone to the SUPERBOWL, we beat the STEELERS along the way.

Chef Zambini
01-14-2012, 10:59 AM
BTW, dont be calling the broncos 'donkeys" and expect any kind words from us.
Nice chapeaux on the rapist last week.
all dressed up and nowhere to go?
he thought he looked like dick tracy but he just looked like a dick.

Steel Peon
01-14-2012, 01:03 PM
I remind you all of this;
every time our broncos have gone to the SUPERBOWL, we beat the STEELERS along the way.
And I'll remind you, the Steelers did not make playoffs in '98: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs,_1998-99

BTW, dont be calling the broncos 'donkeys" and expect any kind words from us.
Ok, Mr. sensitive......sorry about that.......I mean after all the polite things you guys called us.

it's not that we "owe" the Stealers anything it's that we OWN the Stealers.

we don't owe putzburgh any thing at all.
Whoops, guess not.......and besides, I don't really freaking want any kind words from you......I want you to WIN THE FREAKING SUPER BOWL!

OrangeHoof
01-14-2012, 02:07 PM
and besides, I don't really freaking want any kind words from you......I want you to WIN THE FREAKING SUPER BOWL!

Then shut up, asshat, so I don't have to regret watching my team win knowing clowns like you wanted it to happen. Just go away.

Chef Zambini
01-14-2012, 02:37 PM
And I'll remind you, the Steelers did not make playoffs in '98:

Did I say play-offs?
no sparky, I said, "... along the way."
regular season win.

nevcraw
01-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Then shut up, asshat, so I don't have to regret watching my team win knowing clowns like you wanted it to happen. Just go away.

midol

Joel
01-14-2012, 06:48 PM
As far as '05 is concerned, I could easily say '05 was payback for '97.......except I'd be talking out my arse like you are. Kornhole Stewart was never going to get us to a Super Bowl, let alone win it, and I knew this as fact. I was actually amazed with myself at how little I cared about losing that AFCCG, and I don't think there was a non-Bronco fan cheering for Elway to win it all more than I was. I gotta give it up that SB XXXII was a pretty epic tilt, one that the Steelers just simply did not belong in.

However that being said, Joke Plummer was also never going to win you guys a SB, let alone get you there. And, not against the '05 Steelers, who squeaked into the playoffs that year, but as a lot of people forget had been on the verge of going to the SB in '04 with a regular season record of 15-1. I'm sorry guys, after watching the season highlight reel for '05 Broncos, before the AFCCG, we were all like "that's it?" The Steelers reel kinda dwarfed it.......just being honest there. You can tell a lot by a team's highlight reel.
That D was good, at least till Pitt ended the season for half of it during the regular season (and Al Wilsons career). But did you forget the Seahawks? If we beat ya'll we toast them just like when they were an AFCW team.

Steel Peon
01-14-2012, 08:39 PM
And I'll remind you, the Steelers did not make playoffs in '98:

Did I say play-offs?
no sparky, I said, "... along the way."
regular season win.
Hey man, no hard feelings, but you're going to feel even dumber(sic) after failing to redeem yourself. The Steelers did NOT play the Donkeys during the '98-'99 season: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Pittsburgh_Steelers_season

Sorry man, I gave you a chance to bail out and say "Oh yeah, I just figured you guys give us a great challenge every year.......I was thinking of a different year," But you just dug yourself deeper. How is it a Steeler fan knows more about your team than you do?

I knew if I driveled on long enough someone would come to this conclusion.......just one of those strategic bonuses! How's it feel to have all of Steeler Nation behind you? Sucks don't it? Now you know how the Steelers feel!!! I freaking kill myself! :pound:

wayninja
01-15-2012, 12:37 AM
We lost just to spite you steeler bitches.

Joel
01-15-2012, 01:14 AM
That'll show 'em! Unless... what if it was all a subtle plot: If Steelers fans say they want us to win, then we try to spite them, we lose--THOSE SNEAKY ********! :mad: Plus we STILL owe them for a future year! :tsk:

Steel Peon
01-15-2012, 10:40 AM

That'll show 'em! Unless... what if it was all a subtle plot: If Steelers fans say they want us to win, then we try to spite them, we lose--THOSE SNEAKY ********! :mad: Plus we STILL owe them for a future year! :tsk:
I'm really trying not to drag this thread out any longer than it is already, or bump it up, but I just wanted to thank you 2 guys, and whoever else went along with my joke. Sorry if I jinxed your team by cheering for you......Steeler fans have a tendency to do that. The Broncos had a chance, they just didn't execute well......see ya next year.

SM19
01-15-2012, 11:39 AM
So that being said, I am just going to flat out ASSUME (and run the risk of you know what) that you guys have turned the corner by beating the Steelers, and could now realistically give it a run to the end.

Heh. Oops.

Joel
01-15-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm really trying not to drag this thread out any longer than it is already, or bump it up, but I just wanted to thank you 2 guys, and whoever else went along with my joke. Sorry if I jinxed your team by cheering for you......Steeler fans have a tendency to do that. The Broncos had a chance, they just didn't execute well......see ya next year.
Looks like it, yeah; should be interesting if everyone's healthy. Wonder if EFX will bear in mind during the draft and FA that we must play Houston, NO and NE next year.

I appreciate the thought, but we really only had a chance until the coin toss. Literally; once Fox practically handed them a 7-0 lead we were going to play catch up all game, which we can't, so there was NO chance.