PDA

View Full Version : Mayors' wager - Part Deux

LawDog
01-13-2012, 07:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825f576f/article/paul-revere-statue-to-wear-tebow-jersey-if-pats-are-upset?module=HP11_content_stream

"» If the Patriots win, Mayor Hancock will be forced to wear a Brady jersey and treat Mayor Menino to a Denver steak dinner.

» If the Broncos pull the upset, Menino will treat Hancock to a lobster supper, but that's not all -- one local landmark will receive an unwelcome makeover.

That means you, Paul Revere, whose statue in Boston's North End will be dressed up in a Tebow jersey for an entire day."

I can't wait to see it!

HORSEPOWER 56
01-13-2012, 09:30 PM
I love that Denver's Mayor ain't skeered... he's throwing down the gauntlet to the other mayors. He believes in this team and that's awesome! :beer:

chazoe60
01-13-2012, 09:32 PM
It's not right taking advantage of the mentally hadicapped though. Bad form by the Denver Mayor. Good for Boston though to be the first major American city to elect a mayor with Downs Syndrome.

Joel
01-14-2012, 04:20 AM
I love that Denver's Mayor ain't skeered... he's throwing down the gauntlet to the other mayors. He believes in this team and that's awesome! :beer:
Sounds more like Bostons mayor is the fearless one, unless he just doesn't think the NFL can make a Tebow jersey big enough for him. He's basically giving odds: If we win, I get dinner and you wear the jersey; if YOU win you get dinner and a landmark famous enough to instantly identify Boston wears a Broncos jersey. Basically, he's giving extravagant stakes because he considers losing impossible.