PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas sports books are no sanctuary from Tim Tebow craze

vettesplus
01-13-2012, 06:13 PM
interesting read.... GO BRONCOS......BRONCOS 23 PATS 21......:salute:

see post below for the link, i could not find it as a link...... thanks lawdog......

LawDog
01-13-2012, 07:29 PM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/jan/13/las-vegas-sports-books-are-no-sanctuary-tim-tebow/allcomments/

here is the link. You might want to edit your post to comply with forum rules regarding posting articles from online sources...

vettesplus
01-13-2012, 09:24 PM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/jan/13/las-vegas-sports-books-are-no-sanctuary-tim-tebow/allcomments/

here is the link. You might want to edit your post to comply with forum rules regarding posting articles from online sources...

thanks for the link:beer:, i will edit my post, it was a copy and paste on another forum i am a member of........

NameUsedBefore
01-13-2012, 09:26 PM
I was about two clicks away from dropping a couple of hundred on the Denver/Pittsburgh game. I had a very strong belief that it was a winnable game for the Broncos. But I never gamble online where I can't see which way my money is going. (Also, it's offshore.) Wish I had more balls, sometimes.

Joel
01-13-2012, 11:26 PM
What Tebow probably doesn’t realize is how much money he cost bettors last week when Denver played the Pittsburgh Steelers. Pittsburgh -8 was a popular bet all around town and sports books were in trouble with the amount of teasers and parlays they would have to pay out if the Steelers won.

But a valiant effort that saw Tebow score three touchdowns, including an 80-yard pass to Demaryius Thomas to end the game in overtime, and throw for 316 yards put those concerns to rest. The 29-23 Broncos upset victory gave sports books one of their most positive results in recent weeks.

“It saved the weekend for us,” Vaccaro said. “We were really rooting for them.”
Hate reading stuff like that, 'cos it makes me wonder. It would be REALLY easy to shave points in an NFL game, because so many things have to go right for a good play on either side of the ball.

But Tebow's a gamblers nightmare in general; dude makes a habit of comeback victories so late his Win Probability should be 0. For that matter, he's likely skewed next years Win Probability numbers very badly.

Interesting how the line has moved, or hasn't: I noticed the article says it opened at 14, but also saw in another thread yesterday it had moved to 15; now it's back down to 13.5. I'm curious why they expect so many last minute NE bets; I can certainly see why folks are all over 13.5, and if those Pat homers don't show up it could be a very bad week for Vegas. Remember, the idea is to pay the winners with the losers money and take a cut from both so it doesn't matter who wins; unbalanced books are bad news for bookies. Also interesting that the over/under is just behind NY/GB; evidently they expect us to score despite getting trampled.

Clipworthy
01-13-2012, 11:34 PM
what's the over/under on the number of times Tebow Tebows?

WTE
01-13-2012, 11:46 PM

Yeah, listen to LawDog. He's the law!

chazoe60
01-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Yeah, listen to LawDog. He's the law!

Dog.