PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign long snapper David Binn, waive FB Austin Sylvester

Tned
01-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Broncos signed a long snapper and waived FB Austin Sylvester

RT@Denver_Broncos: The #Broncos have signed long snapper David Binn, who will wear #54. He is in his 18th NFL season, having spent the first 17 with San Diego.

wayninja
01-13-2012, 05:41 PM
So, wait... do we have a FB now?

Please, no Tebow jokes.

NightTrainLayne
01-13-2012, 05:43 PM

Please, no Tebow jokes.

I went to make a joke and you had quick edited it. :lol:

underrated29
01-13-2012, 06:00 PM
I think more importantly is when was the last time this guy played? Please tell me not last year....Let him at least have been a backup with the bolts or something!

MOtorboat
01-13-2012, 06:35 PM
I went to make a joke and you had quick edited it. :lol:

Good thing. Your track record on jokes isn't very impressive.

sneakers
01-13-2012, 06:48 PM
why do we need a long snapper? Did lonie paxton have another spray tan accident?

NorthernLights
01-13-2012, 06:54 PM
You have a solid player in Binn. Shocked that he is signing, but it's good for your team. Played 17 years with the Bolts before getting hurt in 2010. Didn't have a bad snap the entire time, and I'm not joking.

And on a side note, dated Pamela Anderson for a while, for what that's worth.

Nice pick-up Broncos.

dogfish
01-13-2012, 06:57 PM
I think more importantly is when was the last time this guy played? Please tell me not last year....Let him at least have been a backup with the bolts or something!

the last time he played (http://www.nfl.com/player/davidbinn/2499654/profile) was essentially the '09 season. . . he did play in one game last year. . .

:salute:

OrangeHoof
01-13-2012, 07:08 PM
...as long as Pam stays away from Tim. I'd hate to see one of those David/Bathsheba scenarios...

broncofaninfla
01-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Before that late-afternoon signing of Binn, the big question was what the Broncos would do for a long snapper. Lonie Paxton has been excused from the team this week to take care of what Fox called "a personal, family matter" and will not play

Read more: Broncos sign long snapper Binn on eve of Patriots playoff game - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19736465#ixzz1jO7bP3W4
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Jsteve01
01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
wow new long snapper in the biggest game in 7 years. Sounds great

BORDERLINE
01-13-2012, 07:54 PM
at least he has a TON of experience!!!!

bcbronc
01-13-2012, 08:02 PM
wow new long snapper in the biggest game in 7 years. Sounds great

All part of Bellicheat's master plan: send McDaniels to the Broncos --> McDaniel's first move, out with Leach in with Paxton --> McD finishes dismantling the mighty Broncos --> re-signs with NE just before we meet them in the playoffs --> Paxton has mystery family business --> bad long snap costs us the game?

Have to admit, Bellicheat is a friggin genius!

TXBRONC
01-13-2012, 08:57 PM

Please, no Tebow jokes.

Green is a move tight end/ h back.

Tned
01-13-2012, 10:17 PM

Please, no Tebow jokes.

Don't think so. Pretty sure last week we didn't have a FB active. The tight ends can play FB in short yardage situations.

pnbronco
01-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Don't think so. Pretty sure last week we didn't have a FB active. The tight ends can play FB in short yardage situations.

I don't think we do either. Larsen was put on IR this last week, right?

We did not have a FB last week.

Tned
01-13-2012, 10:29 PM

Correct & correct.

Davii
01-13-2012, 10:30 PM

Correct. Larsen was placed on IR in order to make room for D'Andre Goodwin to replace Decker. We didn't have an active fullback last week and used TEs in all two back sets. I guess we're doing the same thing this week.

pnbronco
01-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Correct & correct.

Did you have a good trip home?

Man I was thinking of you on Weds. The weather turned to crap. That 18 degrees was not fun and everything turning to ice made me glad I could work from home.....:eek:

Tned
01-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Did you have a good trip home?

Man I was thinking of you on Weds. The weather turned to crap. That 18 degrees was not fun and everything turning to ice made me glad I could work from home.....:eek:

Drove home in one day, 16 hours. It was a long trip, but weather was good.

Joel
01-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Geez, I thought the Steelers were the team decimated by injuries. If New England crushes us do we get to claim that as an excuse and go to the Conference Championship anyway? :tongue:

Hopes and prayers everything works out OK with Paxton though.

sneakers
01-13-2012, 11:09 PM
I think Frau's voodoo doll finally worked.

Fullback32
01-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Tight ends don't make great fullbacks. They are often too tall to make lead blocks as effectively as a true fullback. I do hope the Broncos address this in the off-season.

wayninja
01-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Correct. Larsen was placed on IR in order to make room for D'Andre Goodwin to replace Decker. We didn't have an active fullback last week and used TEs in all two back sets. I guess we're doing the same thing this week.

So, I'm confused, didn't we have Sylvester last week? Sure, I admit I don't remember seeing him and wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on field at all, but we DID have one, right?

Tned
01-14-2012, 12:20 AM
So, I'm confused, didn't we have Sylvester last week? Sure, I admit I don't remember seeing him and wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on field at all, but we DID have one, right?

He was inactive.

Dzone
01-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Phil Simms said Daniel Fells is the best blocking TE in Football. No shit, he said it...LOL...Hell, maybe he is and we didnt notice

bcbronc
01-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Phil Simms said Daniel Fells is the best blocking TE in Football. No shit, he said it...LOL...Hell, maybe he is and we didnt notice

Well maybe that explains how we led the league in rushing despite having such a dreadful OL. [insert sarcasm smiley here]

wayninja
01-14-2012, 01:18 AM
He was inactive.

So, we signed him, had him sit a week as inactive, then waived him? I guess we need a longsnapper and he was filler?

chazoe60
01-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Is this ex-Dolt to be trusted?

bcbronc
01-14-2012, 01:29 AM
Is this ex-Dolt to be trusted?

can't be any worse than an ex-Pat can it?

As long as this Binn guy isn't contaminated by the Chargers amazing ability to choke that is.

Joel
01-14-2012, 05:43 AM
Phil Simms says many things (e.g. that we run that 40 yard "looks like a cross but turns into a deep slant" play to Fells EVERY WEEK IN PRACTICE) and some of them are even accurate. Just, y'know, not many. ;)