PDA

View Full Version : Lonnie Paxton ruled out for Saturday's game

Tned
01-13-2012, 02:27 PM
The Broncos have officially ruled Lonnie Paxton out on the recently released injury report.

This is potentially a huge loss. A lot of the Broncos games have been won on key field goals or punts. It is not clear who is behind Paxton on the depth chart. Lindsay Jones reports that the Broncos worked out a couple long snappers yesterday.

chazoe60
01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Is there any clue what is going on? I read it was "personal reasons". What is so bad that would make a guy miss a playoff game?

Man, I have made a ton of fun of Paxton, mostly because of how he became a Bronco, but I hope all is well.

slim
01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
I think Kuper was the back-up long snapper.

Tned
01-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Is there any clue what is going on? I read it was "personal reasons". What is so bad that would make a guy miss a playoff game?

Man, I have made a ton of fun of Paxton, mostly because of how he became a Bronco, but I hope all is well.

It would seem the beat writers are respecting Paxton's privacy. Lindsay Jones tweeted the following earlier:

@Postbroncos Lonie Paxton is out for personal, family reasons. I'm going to respect his privacy there. Just know it's not football related.

GEM
01-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Eh ****. Is Leach available?

EDIT--looks like he is with AZ, but is not starting?

BeefStew25
01-13-2012, 02:35 PM

I say another team cut their guy and we can sign them for the rest of the playoffs. Worked for McD and BB.

chazoe60
01-13-2012, 02:35 PM
It would seem the beat writers are respecting Paxton's privacy. Lindsay Jones tweeted the following earlier:

@Postbroncos Lonie Paxton is out for personal, family reasons. I'm going to respect his privacy there. Just know it's not football related.

That sounds bad. Illness in the family maybe? I hope everything works out. Something bad definitely.

Tned
01-13-2012, 02:36 PM

While he's going to be a free agent next year, I think he's technically under contract with the Cardinals right now (until free agency opens). Unlike Josh McDaniels who went to a new team when his team's season was over, a player can't do the same.

Tned
01-13-2012, 02:36 PM
That sounds bad. Illness in the family maybe? I hope everything works out. Something bad definitely.

That's my guess. Sucks for the team, but I wish he and his family the best.

chazoe60
01-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Is that old dude who screwed up that Giants playoff game a few years ago available? :laugh:

jhildebrand
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Hochstein would be the LS if they didn't sign anybody.

jhildebrand
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
While he's going to be a free agent next year, I think he's technically under contract with the Cardinals right now (until free agency opens). Unlike Josh McDaniels who went to a new team when his team's season was over, a player can't do the same.

Are there any recently retired coaches who used to be LS'ers?

dogfish
01-13-2012, 03:08 PM
must not want to play against his boy McD. . . .

OrangeHoof
01-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Is that old dude who screwed up that Giants playoff game a few years ago available? :laugh:

I was going to mention that game. The LS has one of those jobs that is invisible if you do a good job but everyone notices when you don't.

Sucks about Paxton.

jhildebrand
01-13-2012, 03:19 PM
must not want to play against his boy McD. . . .

Or his BFF's Brady and Welker.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2012, 03:36 PM
However, the big question will be what the Broncos do for a long snapper. Lonie Paxton has been excused from the team this week to take care of what Fox called "a personal, family matter" and will not play.

As of Thursday evening, team officials intially gave indications Paxton would be able to to make the trip, but had given Paxton their blessing to take care of the things he needed to.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19736465

Tned
01-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Broncos signed a long snapper and waived FB Austin Sylvester

RT@Denver_Broncos: The #Broncos have signed long snapper David Binn, who will wear #54. He is in his 18th NFL season, having spent the first 17 with San Diego.

Buff
01-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Hear me out on this awesomely far fetched conspiracy theory I've come up with - Paxton has been absolutely flawless snapping the ball for Denver, except his one screw up which just coincidentally happened against his former club in one of the more heavily gambled-upon games of the year.

Now, the coaches having smelled a rat, aren't going to give him the opportunity to sabotage us on behalf of his former team again... So he's being held out for mysterious personal reasons.

Seems totally legitimate and plausible, right?

jhildebrand
01-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Hear me out on this awesomely far fetched conspiracy theory I've come up with - Paxton has been absolutely flawless snapping the ball for Denver, except his one screw up which just coincidentally happened against his former club in one of the more heavily gambled-upon games of the year.

Now, the coaches having smelled a rat, aren't going to give him the opportunity to sabotage us on behalf of his former team again... So he's being held out for mysterious personal reasons.

I love me a good conspiracy theory :D

You nailed it, Buff.

BeefStew25
01-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Something smells funny. And I showered today.

TXBRONC
01-13-2012, 09:03 PM
I was wondering why we signed another long snapper.

Nomad
01-13-2012, 10:12 PM

I believe you!

pnbronco
01-13-2012, 10:18 PM

So did you start drinking early today Buff?

I hope everything is ok with what ever is going on with his family.

Deckers is out too....dang it. Kind of figured it would end up that way, but I was hoping.

Tned
01-13-2012, 10:20 PM
So did you start drinking early today Buff?

I hope everything is ok with what ever is going on with his family.

Deckers is out too....dang it. Kind of figured it would end up that way, but I was hoping.

Yea, must be bad if he's not making trip. Wishing the best for Paxton.

sneakers
01-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Prolly making good on an appointment to finish off those the tribal band arm tattoos he scheduled last Saturday.

Dapper Dan
01-14-2012, 02:21 AM
Pray for him and his wife that her pregnancy goes well and that their twins are okay.

Joel
01-14-2012, 02:37 AM
Hopes and prayers it's not too serious, and everything works out for him. Sucks for everyone. :(

rcsodak
01-14-2012, 02:55 AM
Prolly making good on an appointment to finish off those the tribal band arm tattoos he scheduled last Saturday.

Your attempt at humor is ill-timed, fwiw.

:coffee:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

OhSnap!
01-14-2012, 03:18 AM
Lonie is staying home to care for his wife who is having some complications with her pregnancy with twins.

was posted on denverpost.com

thoughts and prayers going out to Lonie and Meghan.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/01/13/lonie-paxton-stays-back-to-care-for-his-wife/11873/

Mr. Pro Bowl
01-14-2012, 09:59 AM
All the best to my Sacramento buddy Lonnie and his wife...my prayers are with you.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x127/Jurgen4321/2-22.jpg

Chef Zambini
01-14-2012, 10:35 AM

Seems totally legitimate and plausible, right?I but your conspiracy 100%
paxton was the FIRST of the JMCD out with the competent in with "my guys"
that botched snap had me thinking the same thing, now THIS ! I hope nothing is wrong with his family, but my guess is the pats have something on LP and he is NOT 100% a bronco!

if this is the stench of denmark cheese I hope paxton rots in hell for all eternity !

PatriotsGuy
01-14-2012, 10:48 AM
I hope this all works out for him and his family.

MOtorboat
01-14-2012, 10:53 AM
I but your conspiracy 100%
paxton was the FIRST of the JMCD out with the competent in with "my guys"
that botched snap had me thinking the same thing, now THIS ! I hope nothing is wrong with his family, but my guess is the pats have something on LP and he is NOT 100% a bronco!

if this is the stench of denmark cheese I hope paxton rots in hell for all eternity !

Jeebus, zam, his wife is having complications with the birth of twins.

Did you ever stop to think the problem with your interaction with Champ Bailey wasn't Champ Bailey?

chazoe60
01-14-2012, 11:16 AM

Did you ever stop to think the problem with your interaction with Champ Bailey wasn't Champ Bailey?

I figured it was something like that. I hope everyone involved ends up happy and healthy. I hate hearing about stuff like that. :sad:

NightTrainLayne
01-14-2012, 11:21 AM
I figured it was pretty serious. That's a terrible thing to have to deal with.

Chef Zambini
01-14-2012, 11:53 AM
I hope his family remians fine and healthy, but I have my doubts about paxsons loyalties, sorry, that botched snap out of nowhere against his FORMER team, did not sit well with me.
If his family concerns are legit, fine, but I am pretty sure the father who just buried his son is going to be on his teams sideline come sunday !
I smell the cheese in denmark on this one.

chazoe60
01-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Chef Zam, I think I found your hat
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gadgetlab/tinfoil+hat.jpg

tomjonesrocks
01-14-2012, 12:01 PM
I liked the conspiracy theory better than the reality.

Things must be pretty bad to miss the game. Paxton already has rings though I suppose.

Chef Zambini
01-14-2012, 12:13 PM

Did you ever stop to think the problem with your interaction with Champ Bailey wasn't Champ Bailey?my champ experience, fwiw:
a week after he signhed with the broncos, he came to my resort in AZ. Probably got the idea from pat bowlen, he stayed there regularly.
he insisted on staying in the same room Bowlin did and eating at the same TABLE that Bowlen ate his dinner.
well Pat, of course stayed in the presidential suite, which unlike MOST other suites with similar names, PRESEDENTS have actually been occupants!
( its where the comissioner stayed when the NFL execs booked our entire resort for the superbowl)
The TABLE/ In my dining room, Pat made no special requests and was seated, at a small simple table, tight for 2 people, against the window, nothing special.
But when champ ARRIVED AT OUR RESRT HE WAS EMPHATIC IN PROCLAIMING,
'I WANNA SLEEP WHERE BOWLEN SLEPT AND EAT WHERE BOWLEN ATE ! "

When the hostess tried to sit CHAMP at this same table, PER HIS REQUEST, The guy went off like somebody haD JUST CALLLED HIM THE 'n' WORD!.
Total jerk!
he was wearing more gold and jewelry than CLEOPATRA, he made mr T look like a pauper, and his whole demeanor was look at me world, i am somebody important!
Not surprized he got caught from behind staring at hismeslf on the jumbo-tron! pompous arrogant jerk,
I have met DOZENS of athletes WORKING in hospitality for 40 years, champ and LARRY BIRD the 2 worst by far.
BTW, others reported similar behavior from champ baily during his stay at our resort, i was embarrased that he was a bronco !
pAXON, I hope his wife and family are fine, but I still attach him to JMCD and definatly question his loyalty especially after he rolled that snap to colquitt on our PA try.

chazoe60
01-14-2012, 12:15 PM
my champ experience, fwiw:
a week after he signhed with the broncos, he came to my resort in AZ. Probably got the idea from pat bowlen, he stayed there regularly.
he insisted on staying in the same room Bowlin did and eating at the same TABLE that Bowlen ate his dinner.
well Pat, of course stayed in the presidential suite, which unlike MOST other suites with similar names, PRESEDENTS have actually been occupants!
( its where the comissioner stayed when the NFL execs booked our entire resort for the superbowl)
The TABLE/ In my dining room, Pat made no special requests and was seated, at a small simple table, tight for 2 people, against the window, nothing special.
But when champ ARRIVED AT OUR RESRT HE WAS EMPHATIC IN PROCLAIMING,
'I WANNA SLEEP WHERE BOWLEN SLEPT AND EAT WHERE BOWLEN ATE ! "

When the hostess tried to sit CHAMP at this same table, PER HIS REQUEST, The guy went off like somebody haD JUST CALLLED HIM THE 'n' WORD!.
Total jerk!
he was wearing more gold and jewelry than CLEOPATRA, he made mr T look like a pauper, and his whole demeanor was look at me world, i am somebody important!
Not surprized he got caught from behind staring at hismeslf on the jumbo-tron! pompous arrogant jerk,
I have met DOZENS of athletes WORKING in hospitality for 40 years, champ and LARRY BIRD the 2 worst by far.
BTW, others reported similar behavior from champ baily during his stay at our resort, i was embarrased that he was a bronco !
pAXON, I hope his wife and family are fine, but I still attach him to JMCD and definatly question his loyalty especially after he rolled that snap to colquitt on our PA try.
You have a weird understanding of capitalization.

Chef Zambini
01-14-2012, 12:33 PM
You have a weird understanding of capitalization.I am the worst tyupist on the planet, guilty!
2 finger approach, ( like the late dick schaap )
I have to look at the keyboard as I type, i OFTEN hit the caps lock key when trying to type an "a", so all the following letters end up capitalized.
a definate "doh' moment for me when I look up to see the results of my pecking!
SOMETIMES I CORRECT IT, MOST TIME i JUST LET IT GO, CONTENT, NOT AESTHTICS, I SAY.
as long as you can understand my comment, i rewally dont care that it looks like shit 1 think of me as an alternate universe e.e. cummings.

pnbronco
01-14-2012, 12:37 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the Paxtons.

Chef Zambini
01-14-2012, 12:39 PM
If I have a choice of believing the conspiracy theory,OR...
his wife having SERIOIUS pregnancy complications, wouldnt I be a JERK to hope it is the latter?
better his wife be healthy, his kids come out normal and healthy and paxon is just an a hole who forgot who now signs his paycheck!

Nick
01-14-2012, 12:58 PM
I am the worst tyupist on the planet, guilty!
2 finger approach, ( like the late dick schaap )
I have to look at the keyboard as I type, i OFTEN hit the caps lock key when trying to type an "a", so all the following letters end up capitalized.
a definate "doh' moment for me when I look up to see the results of my pecking!
SOMETIMES I CORRECT IT, MOST TIME i JUST LET IT GO, CONTENT, NOT AESTHTICS, I SAY.
as long as you can understand my comment, i rewally dont care that it looks like shit 1 think of me as an alternate universe e.e. cummings.

Not nearly as bad as me.

BUT, spelling is overrated... :D

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Ravage!!!
01-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Not nearly as bad as me.

BUT, spelling is overrated... :D

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Awesome post!

rationalfan
01-14-2012, 01:33 PM
really? there are actually people here who believe paxton, or any other player with ties to the patriots, would sabotage his current team for the benefit of the patriots? hurt the team who paid him more money than the patriots were willing to give? really?

sounds like something george noory would talk about while most of the world is sleeping.

while reading these patriots conspiracies is kind of fun (dating back to the whole "mcd is a mole sent to destroy the broncos" theory) they always make me wonder why only the former patriots players are held to this scrutiny. why not all the former browns or ravens or eagles? why would the patriots players be the only ones who don't want the broncos to succeed?

says a lot more about people's envy of the patriots' success and their inability to believe mcd was a failure (nothing more, nothing less) than anything else, i think.

Buff
01-14-2012, 01:44 PM
really? there are actually people here who believe paxton, or any other player with ties to the patriots, would sabotage his current team for the benefit of the patriots? hurt the team who paid him more money than the patriots were willing to give? really?

sounds like something george noory would talk about while most of the world is sleeping.

while reading these patriots conspiracies is kind of fun (dating back to the whole "mcd is a mole sent to destroy the broncos" theory) they always make me wonder why only the former patriots players are held to this scrutiny. why not all the former browns or ravens or eagles? why would the patriots players be the only ones who don't want the broncos to succeed?

says a lot more about people's envy of the patriots' success and their inability to believe mcd was a failure (nothing more, nothing less) than anything else, i think.

You are like the only person on this site who can consistently out-smug me. I'm not even mad, I'm impressed.

rationalfan
01-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Smug for life.

pnbronco
01-15-2012, 12:06 AM
If anyone hears anything on them can you please post it?

I really hope everything works out for them.

Ravage!!!
01-15-2012, 12:09 AM
You are like the only person on this site who can consistently out-smug me. I'm not even mad, I'm impressed.

I think you forget about Bosco, and AgentOrange. They both give a high run for the most smug

wayninja
01-15-2012, 12:16 AM
If we would have had Paxton, this would have been a completely different game.

Chef Zambini
01-15-2012, 02:55 PM
philbin, who lost his son of 21 years will be with his team.
paxton has never been a loyal bronco , regardless oif his wifes condition.
sorry.
Hope her and the unborn kids are fine, but I am not a lonnie paxton fan.