PDA

View Full Version : Cutler for Shanny

WARHORSE
02-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Look, these NFL GMs and front office types arent ALL dumb. Of course Tampa Bay wants to get Cutler.............OF COURSE Detroit wants to get Cutler............. cause whoever gets Cutler gets Shanahan next year.

Thats the corn in the doo doo swirling in the toilet......

If Denver wanted Cassell, why didnt they simply trade picks to NEngland? And if Tampa wanted a QB, why didnt they just give up their first for Cassell? Not only is Jay a gunner..........but Jay brings Shanahan to the table.

Settle down and let the corn roll down the poop chute with the rest of the crap.:tsk:

getlynched47
02-28-2009, 09:56 PM
---> :coffee:

MasterShake
02-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Look, these NFL GMs and front office types arent ALL dumb. Of course Tampa Bay wants to get Cutler.............OF COURSE Detroit wants to get Cutler............. cause whoever gets Cutler gets Shanahan next year.

If Denver wanted Cassell, why didnt they simply trade picks to NEngland? And if Tampa wanted a QB, why didnt they just give up their first for Cassell? Not only is Jay a gunner..........but Jay brings Shanahan to the table.

Settle down and let the corn roll down the poop chute with the rest of the crap.:tsk:

You know, people say the internet is rotting the minds of the populace, but I must say that is the most eloquent post I've ever read. It reads like poetry, and conveys your emotions in a classy, non-disgusting manner. Thats fantastic!
:laugh:

Den21vsBal19
02-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Great...................I love a good connspiracy theory ;)

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 09:59 PM
I don't understand something about this.

There was an agreement of sorts between 3 teams, that would send Cassel to Denver, Cutler elsewhere, and the Patrios would receive a 1st round pick.

Or whatever the deal was, Denver would end up with Cassel, and the Pats would get a first round pick.

But they squashed the deal to send Cassel to the Cheifs for a second round pick?

What, they would rather have #34 then a top 30 pick? Or what am I missing about the trades?

honz
02-28-2009, 10:02 PM

This actually makes sense.

WARHORSE
02-28-2009, 10:07 PM

There was an agreement of sorts between 3 teams, that would send Cassel to Denver, Cutler elsewhere, and the Patrios would receive a 1st round pick.

Or whatever the deal was, Denver would end up with Cassel, and the Pats would get a first round pick.

But they squashed the deal to send Cassel to the Cheifs for a second round pick?

What, they would rather have #34 then a top 30 pick? Or what am I missing about the trades?

Well to be honest, I think the Pats dont want to pay a number one. They ALSO want to decide where Cassell goes.

Not to mention..............why trade for Cutler through Denver when you dont even have to ask to sign Cassell?

All Tampa Bay had to do is sign Cassell to an offer, then negotiate the asking price of draft picks for the Pats.

This is about getting Shanahan. This also explains why they signed Morris as the head coach, cause hes looking to be making mistakes down there already. Morris has no say in the personel down there.......and thats why he wouldnt be in the know. Im pretty sure Morris would be saying........why dont we get Cassell?

But Cassell also has to agree cause hes under contract for the franchise tag.

Shazam!
02-28-2009, 10:18 PM
"Let's get Shanahan so we can have the worst defense in the League and uninspired leaderless players" sounds like a good theory to me.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 10:20 PM

Perhaps that's why Jay asked permission to speak w/ those suitors???

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 10:21 PM

Belichick hates his former assistants.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Well to be honest, I think the Pats dont want to pay a number one. They ALSO want to decide where Cassell goes.

Not to mention..............why trade for Cutler through Denver when you dont even have to ask to sign Cassell?

All Tampa Bay had to do is sign Cassell to an offer, then negotiate the asking price of draft picks for the Pats.

This is about getting Shanahan. This also explains why they signed Morris as the head coach, cause hes looking to be making mistakes down there already. Morris has no say in the personel down there.......and thats why he wouldnt be in the know. Im pretty sure Morris would be saying........why dont we get Cassell?

But Cassell also has to agree cause hes under contract for the franchise tag.

I'm not sure I agree with that. TB didn't hire Morris top be it's temporary coach. I'm also not sure this has anything doing with the Bucs.

I'm looking at it strictly from the Patriots view. 2 trades on the table. Why take the worse one? I see what you're saying about the money but they aren't looking to shave off any cap. Also, they would have recieved a top 15 pick or whatever TB's was. I don't think there's any way they turn that down for the 34th pick, regardless of money.

NameUsedBefore
02-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Belichick hates his former assistants.

Belichick hates everyone except the A&V guys.

jlarsiii
02-28-2009, 10:31 PM

I agree. It seems really odd to me as well. Part of me believes that this all got blown way out of proportion to what actually occurred.

I am sure because we have a new coach and a new GM that teams contacted us about possible personnel moves with some of our players. It makes sense from the standpoint that they were already cutting players left and right so it would follow suit that maybe other players would be available.

What detracts from this story is that somehow NE took a lesser deal for a hot commodity in Cassel. I feel pretty certain that Pioli had probably put out feelers for this deal weeks ago, and maybe that played into NE franchising the QB. To be fair they probably had to franchise him regardless, but this could have eased the deal. It is only my speculation of course.

Truth be told I really don't believe that we were actively shopping Cutler. As others have stated it would have been far too easy to actually move a young, pro bowl QB. We listened to what other teams had to say, and by that time the NE to KC deal was done. Moving Cutler now would be disasterous, but if he starts or remains a malcontent it may be very likely that he will be gone in the future.

What gets me is if it really would have been a straight trade of Cutler for Cassel that seems like at best a lateral move for our club. I, for one, would have wanted more compensation to actually entertain the idea.

One thing is for sure, next season is going to be an interesting one.

WARHORSE
02-28-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm not sure I agree with that. TB didn't hire Morris top be it's temporary coach. I'm also not sure this has anything doing with the Bucs.

I'm looking at it strictly from the Patriots view. 2 trades on the table. Why take the worse one? I see what you're saying about the money but they aren't looking to shave off any cap. Also, they would have recieved a top 15 pick or whatever TB's was. I don't think there's any way they turn that down for the 34th pick, regardless of money.

Then why did Tampa approach Denver? They should have just given their first to the Pats instead for Cassell and then they get their QB.

Cutler knows Shannys offense inside and out.

Dont tell me this isnt going to draw the attention of Mike Shanahan next year in determining where he goes.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Then why did Tampa approach Denver? They should have just given their first to the Pats instead for Cassell and then they get their QB.

Dont tell me this isnt going to draw the attention of Mike Shanahan next year in determining where he goes.

Again, you really think TB hired a "temporary coach"? I'm sure they approached Denver about wanting a good young QB in Cutler. Maybe they didn't think the same and didn't want to be stuck with Cassel.

Also, they were ready to go with the trade. According to the articles, New England is the team that made the first move in the trade to KC for a second instead of a first. New England is the team that chose a second round pick instead of a first. That's mindboggling.

ktrain
02-28-2009, 11:21 PM

Maybe because they know Cassel is the reincarnation of Derek Anderson and Cutler is the next Brett Farve??????? They saw an opportunity to reunite Cassel and McTurd together, raping Denver in the process, and tried to take advantage of it? Why not, kind of smart if you ask me.

Thank God someone at dove valley was smart enough to jump in and stop the deal

jlarsiii
03-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Maybe because they know Cassel is the reincarnation of Derek Anderson and Cutler is the next Brett Farve??????? They saw an opportunity to reunite Cassel and McTurd together, raping Denver in the process, and tried to take advantage of it? Why not, kind of smart if you ask me.

I don't know ktrain. It is hard for me to believe that anyone at dove valley had anything to do with stopping the deal. . . .

Northman
03-01-2009, 12:18 AM

My thoughts exactly.

TXBRONC
03-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Thinking about it, if McDaniel really wanted Cassel that bad why didn't he just go Bilicheck?

warcrychief
03-01-2009, 12:48 AM

NE has a few big FA coming out next year. A couple on the D-line and im sure they will not want to give those guys up. Another 1st would cause alot of pressure on their cap. What the Chiefs did was relieve it.

EMB6903
03-01-2009, 01:41 AM
NE has a few big FA coming out next year. A couple on the D-line and im sure they will not want to give those guys up. Another 1st would cause alot of pressure on their cap. What the Chiefs did was relieve it.

I dont see that being the reason, if so they could have traded it for more 1st day picks/future first rounder.