PDA

View Full Version : Enyart on Tebow, Les Shapiro goes ballistic

Fred Williams
01-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Pretty fun listen, just a half hour that aired on AM 670 in Denver (normally co-host of RSF (http://realsciencefriday.com)). Hear about Tebow's records, how the wild card game ranks from my POV as a long-time season ticket holder, Les Shapiro's expletive emails to me for calling him out, comparisons to Roger Staubach and Joe Montana (teaser), etc.

http://kgov.com/tim-tebow-nfl-records
Stream: http://kgov.com/broadcast/stream/3631/hi

MasterShake
01-13-2012, 08:10 AM
The same Bob Enyart I remember? SY9Ukl3cMwc

jhildebrand
01-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Les Shapiro is a joke of a hack journalist. I used to have a ton of respect for the guy. I no longer wonder why he was booted from channel 4.

GEM
01-13-2012, 01:25 PM
I freakin hate Shapiro. Objective is to Shapiro is as straight is to curved.

Not at freaking all!!!

chazoe60
01-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Les is less.

jhildebrand
01-13-2012, 01:35 PM
I freakin hate Shapiro. Objective is to Shapiro is as straight is to curved.

Not at freaking all!!!

That's most of my problem with the guy.

The other problem is he always says how close he still is with Elway and constantly throws down "suffice it to say it comes from a source HIGH UP in Dove Valley."

The reality is most of these so called sources, even if it were just one person, would stop giving Les info if he is simply gonna run his mouth non stop. They don't want the heat coming back to them and getting them outed.

One of the good things about the ticket being gone. Les is gone too.

MasterShake
01-13-2012, 01:59 PM
That's most of my problem with the guy.

The other problem is he always says how close he still is with Elway and constantly throws down "suffice it to say it comes from a source HIGH UP in Dove Valley."

The reality is most of these so called sources, even if it were just one person, would stop giving Les info if he is simply gonna run his mouth non stop. They don't want the heat coming back to them and getting them outed.

One of the good things about the ticket being gone. Les is gone too.

Actually him and JoJo is one of the shows they kept active.

rjent
01-13-2012, 02:03 PM
That was a very entertaining and interesting listen ....

Thanks for the heads up!

jhildebrand
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Actually him and JoJo is one of the shows they kept active.

They did?

:lol:

Shows you what I know. I quit going to 102.3. I will check out Schlereth's show eventually. But I couldn't stomach that station before. Now that it has more of a national perspective, I could not care less.

GEM
01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
I have been listening to the morning guys on 104.3. I would like it better if the Tebow hater one year wonder QB wasn't on there, but whatevs. :lol:

It's always fun listening to a guy who couldn't cut it in the NFL dog a guy who is winning in the NFL. CU guy or not...shut up already.

MasterShake
01-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I have been listening to the morning guys on 104.3. I would like it better if the Tebow hater one year wonder QB wasn't on there, but whatevs. :lol:

It's always fun listening to a guy who couldn't cut it in the NFL dog a guy who is winning in the NFL. CU guy or not...shut up already.

He's actually calmed down quite a bit in regards to Tebow, and I think him and Evans have some good chemistry. The only time I listen to 102.3 now is for CJ and Kreckman because I can not stand Alfred Williams and DMac. The first hour of their show is just them talking about their lives or going shopping or something... can't stand it now that Stink is gone.

Fred Williams
01-13-2012, 03:16 PM
He's actually calmed down quite a bit in regards to Tebow, and I think him and Evans have some good chemistry. The only time I listen to 102.3 now is for CJ and Kreckman because I can not stand Alfred Williams and DMac. The first hour of their show is just them talking about their lives or going shopping or something... can't stand it now that Stink is gone.

Joel Klatt still tops the list of the absolute dumbest thing I've heard from a sports talk show guy from the Tebow hate crowd. In Tebow's rookie year, he said that Colt McCoy was better than Tebow, and his reason was because Colt was playing and Tebow wasn't! CJ reminded him that McCoy was backing up an incredibly ineffective, and INJURED Jake Delomme! ROTFL! So, the gauge of a good QB is how quick they start as a rookie compared to their peers, other circumstances don't matter. So if Indy keeps Manning for one more year and starts him over Luck, then by golly Luck is no good! What a completely dumb as rocks thing to say, and he repeated it for over a week! It was difficult to stomach, it was so dumb.

Fred
PS. That is the one and the same Bob Enyart. The was a HILARIOUS video you posted from YouTube! His TV show BTW garnered ratings equal to Conan during the same time slot. He was knocked off the air when Oral Roberts bought the time slot for a cool million, I seem to recall...

MasterShake
01-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Joel Klatt still tops the list of the absolute dumbest thing I've heard from a sports talk show guy from the Tebow hate crowd. In Tebow's rookie year, he said that Colt McCoy was better than Tebow, and his reason was because Colt was playing and Tebow wasn't! CJ reminded him that McCoy was backing up an incredibly ineffective, and INJURED Jake Delomme! ROTFL! So, the gauge of a good QB is how quick they start as a rookie compared to their peers, other circumstances don't matter. So if Indy keeps Manning for one more year and starts him over Luck, then by golly Luck is no good! What a completely dumb as rocks thing to say, and he repeated it for over a week! It was difficult to stomach, it was so dumb.

Fred
PS. That is the one and the same Bob Enyart. The was a HILARIOUS video you posted from YouTube!

Didn't recognize him without the Flanders moustache. I used to watch him on public access in high school because I thought he was funny. Didn't think there would be too many guys with that name.

And yes, Klatt is an idiot but I'll give him credit for at least being open to the idea of Tebow as QB lately.