PDA

View Full Version : Pat......you are a joke.

Superchop 7
02-28-2009, 08:11 PM
So, allow me to get this straight......

Bye Shanny "He can coach here as long as he wants"

Bye Goodmans "Just a month ago you said you were keeping them"

Bye Cutler "He is the man around here"

IS YOUR WORD WORTH ANYTHING ?

Gotta admit, every time I think you have hit the bottom of the barrel.....you set a "new" low.

Just a reminder....

Shanny had the team headed in the right direction....(thanks to Goodmans)

Goodmans were the best assessors of talent we have had in years.

Cutler may have his faults, but really, he's pretty damn good and only going to get better.

Karma Pat Karma.......

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 08:12 PM
The sky is falling......

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Cutler isn't going anywhere. Chill the hell down.

claymore
02-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Im only pissed if this was actually a consideration. Having said that Cutler could have been had for a certain price...............

It would have made the Hershall Walker trade look silly though.

arizonakid22
02-28-2009, 08:18 PM
i really do not understand why everyone is flipping out. we did not have a sb team. what happens when a company restructures, everyone out, fresh blood, new talent. we still have the draft. lets give it time before over-reacting to every rumor.

PatricktheDookie
02-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Pat, you are a joke.

lex
02-28-2009, 08:26 PM
i really do not understand why everyone is flipping out. we did not have a sb team. what happens when a company restructures, everyone out, fresh blood, new talent. we still have the draft. lets give it time before over-reacting to every rumor.

Uh, no. Nice try though.

arizonakid22
02-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Uh, no. Nice try though.

Give me one good reason why.

Is it all the playoff games we have won in the last 10 years?
Is it all the Super Bowls we have gone to in the last 10 years?
Is it all the divisions we have won?

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 08:54 PM
oh my.

Endzo
02-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Jeeze people are blowing this out of proportion..

Cutler isn't going anywhere, calm down.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 08:56 PM
S

LMAO

Uh, not exactly.

MOtorboat
Fail.

honz

Some fans will never be happy unless the team does exactly what the fan had in mind.

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Dear Mr. Bowlen.

As the owner of the Denver Broncos Professional Football Organization, we request that you use your finest business sense and do what is best for your team and the fans.

Fire yourself.

:laugh:

(Joking, obviously)

BroncoAV06
02-28-2009, 08:59 PM

Why is everyone flipping out, becasue MC wanted to being in his baby Cassel and trade Cutler! THen you have Cutler saying ok trade me then. Talk about a rough start between a QB and head coach.

Rex
Some fans will never be happy unless the team does exactly what the fan had in mind.

like they run the show on Madden.

BeefStew25
Cutler isn't going anywhere. Chill the hell down.

You're just speculating. Unless you were in the room hearing the talks, you really have no clue what really went on.

LRtagger
02-28-2009, 09:13 PM
You know, McD came into meetings with Bowlen before he was hired with a very detailed and drawn out plan to rebuild this team. If we are shopping Cutler now, I would have to think that it was discussed in the initial meetings before he was hired.

With that said, I just can't see how this is legit. I think it is just being blown up by NFL relations because this is the most boring part of the season and they need something to talk about. It would not surprise me if a team put together a trade proposal for Cutler, but for us to be actively shopping Jay and consider basically trading him straight up for Cassell is stupid.

If this had been proposed to Pat in the initial interviews and talks about rebuilding, McD would have never been hired. This will all blow over by Monday and we will be fine.

LRtagger
02-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Also let me add that a big reason that the trade deal was probably entertained is because other players were probably involved. Since KC got Vrabel as well I bet Denver was trying to get Cassell plus another difference maker in the deal...perhaps someone on defense.

I can't think that anyone would be dumb enough to trade Jay for Matt basically straight up.

Dean
02-28-2009, 09:35 PM
This is from left field but I wonder if the firing of the Goodman's had something to do with how deeply McKid was planning to carve into the offense?

Never mind. We will never know unless someone involved writes a biography.

Tned
02-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Dear Mr. Bowlen.

As the owner of the Denver Broncos Professional Football Organization, we request that you use your finest business sense and do what is best for your team and the fans.

Fire yourself.

:laugh:

(Joking, obviously)

They might pull your Mod ticket over statements like this. I'm forwarding it to the head office. :laugh:

Shazam!
02-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Shanny had the team headed in the right direction....

Stopped reading right here. Blah Blah Blah is definitely an appropriate S/N.

UnderArmour
02-28-2009, 10:49 PM

Bye Shanny

Bye Goodmans

Bye Cutler

Gotta admit, every time I think you have hit the bottom of the barrel.....you set a "new" low.

Just a reminder....

Cutler may have his faults, but really, he's pretty damn good and only going to get better.

Karma Pat Karma.......

:coffee: That's why Cutler is still around... If Pat wanted him gone, he'd be gone. Here's how the conversation went when Bowlen discovered Xanders and McDaniels were considering dealing Cutler:
Bowlen: What's this I hear about Cutler's name in trade talks?
Xanders: Well we can get Matt Cassel and a firs...
Bowlen: Shut up and get my coffee.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Bowlen 7 weeks ago regarding Cutler.

"He's the man around here now"

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Bowlen 7 weeks ago regarding Cutler.

"He's the man around here now"

And he is.

Detroit said, "Cutler, for Cassel."

Xanders said, "Ha...you're a ******* moron."

Schefter heard word.

Schefter called Cutler.

Cutler said, "Wow, that would make me mad."

A bunch of false shit.

ktrain
02-28-2009, 10:59 PM

Bye Shanny

Bye Goodmans

Bye Cutler

Just a reminder....

Karma Pat Karma.......

Uhhm.....owner for 24 years, 5 conference championships, 7 AFCCG's, 2 superbowl championships, 4 coaches.

Not much of a joke to me

D1g1tal j1m
03-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Detroit, TB and NE trying to rattle the cages here in Denver.

Trying to put one over our rookie front office and have only shown how desperate some teams are for our QB.

Cutler, talk to the front office first before you talk to a reporter looking for a story.

Northman
03-01-2009, 09:48 AM
You know, McD came into meetings with Bowlen before he was hired with a very detailed and drawn out plan to rebuild this team. If we are shopping Cutler now, I would have to think that it was discussed in the initial meetings before he was hired.

With that said, I just can't see how this is legit. I think it is just being blown up by NFL relations because this is the most boring part of the season and they need something to talk about. It would not surprise me if a team put together a trade proposal for Cutler, but for us to be actively shopping Jay and consider basically trading him straight up for Cassell is stupid.

If this had been proposed to Pat in the initial interviews and talks about rebuilding, McD would have never been hired. This will all blow over by Monday and we will be fine.

Whether it was legit or not is irrelevant. Whether Jay leaves or goes is irrelevant. The problem here is that it is already setting a bad tone going into next season. Whether McD wanted to keep this on the down low doesnt really matter as this was a shrew move on his part. Jay is openly honest and if you try to rattle his cage he's going to speak his mind. Jay may not be John Elway but the last time i saw a Coach trying to toy with the idea of getting rid of a great talent at the QB position it cost that Coach his job. I dont know if Pat is aware of everything going on but i would think with how he has gone about his business this year he is aware of it. So again, maybe this does get blown over in a couple of days but then again maybe it doesnt. This just doesnt seem like a good way to build a Coach/QB relationship off the bat. I know business is business but there's also a respect factor there and right now i think McD is dropping the ball in that regard. JMO

Superchop 7
03-01-2009, 10:17 AM

Bye Shanny "He can coach here as long as he wants"

Bye Goodmans "Just a month ago you said you were keeping them"

Bye Cutler "He is the man around here"

IS YOUR WORD WORTH ANYTHING ?

Just a reminder....

Karma Pat Karma.......

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Great Post

shank
03-01-2009, 01:13 PM
:coffee: That's why Cutler is still around... If Pat wanted him gone, he'd be gone. Here's how the conversation went when Bowlen discovered Xanders and McDaniels were considering dealing Cutler:
Bowlen: What's this I hear about Cutler's name in trade talks?
Xanders: Well we can get Matt Cassel and a firs...
Bowlen: Shut up and get my coffee.

And he is.

Detroit said, "Cutler, for Cassel."

Xanders said, "Ha...you're a ******* moron."

Schefter heard word.

Schefter called Cutler.

Cutler said, "Wow, that would make me mad."

A bunch of false shit.
i really hope this is what happened, but if it is, then why isn't it resolved yet?! this situation could be almost fully cleared up if xanders and mcD would just personally call or meet with jay and clear the damned thing up. maybe McCoach likes being talked about, even if every other word is 'dumbass.'?

also ^^^ neg rep times 394 bbb