Mike
02-28-2009, 05:07 PM
:laugh:

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 05:07 PM
we missed in the spag sweepstakes.

ChampWJ
02-28-2009, 05:08 PM
If he was dumb enough to even consider bringing in Cassell over Cutler, he doesn't deserve to coach this team, or ANY team. The team better shoot down this rumor soon.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 05:10 PM
If he was dumb enough to even consider bringing in Cassell over Cutler, he doesn't deserve to coach this team, or ANY team. The team better shoot down this rumor soon.

i hope bowlen is calling cutler to clear the air that they were called and not them that did the calling.

jrelway
02-28-2009, 05:17 PM
im in also. mcbiitch needs to go back to NE just for even thinking cassel would be better than cutler. ****** basstard

broncophan
02-28-2009, 05:18 PM
I'll go ahead and kick it off.

Why??????

It's not his fault he has a qb on his team who has not been on a winning team since his high school days.

I say we let him rebuild his team the way he wants to

BigAL56
02-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Winning has never been Cutler's problem. Look at the teams he has been on. Vandy? Ha.

And our problems in Denver have absolutly nothing to do with Cutler. We need a defense...you look at majority of championship teams they have a great QB and a great defense. We have one, and we need to work on the other. But Cutler's job isn't to rush the QB at DE.

Getting rid of him for anything would be a major mistake

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Why??????

It's not his fault he has a qb on his team who has not been on a winning team since his high school days.

25 td's *cough* 4526 yards *cough* pro bowl *cough...cough*

broncophan
02-28-2009, 05:26 PM

Personal stats are great in tennis or maybe boxing.....or golf.........but in team sports....they don't mean a whole lot...

Lets give Cutler ANOTHER 2 or 3 years and hopefully he and his team will be back to the playoffs...

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Personal stats are great in tennis or maybe boxing.....or golf.........but in team sports....they don't mean a whole lot...

Lets give Cutler ANOTHER 2 or 3 years and hopefully he and his team will be back to the playoffs...

tell that to the defense.

warcrychief
02-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Does anyone other than me think he is running this team thru Madden or Head Coach lol :laugh:

broncophan
02-28-2009, 05:29 PM
tell that to the defense.

I doubt the defense cares about how many yards Cutler threw for, or that he went to the pro bowl...

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Can we get Matt Cassel For HC?

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 05:32 PM
I doubt the defense cares about how many yards Cutler threw for, or that he went to the pro bowl...

i agree...most of them got fired. thanks for proving my point. might want to ask dre bly if it was cutlers fault for getting burned by wr's last year.

maybe we should have put cutler in to play line backer to stop sproles in our final game?

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 05:33 PM

17-20 as a starter *cough* 18 INT's ***cough cough***5 fumbles***cough cough***( I noticed you conveniently left those three stats out).

NameUsedBefore
02-28-2009, 05:34 PM
McDaniels is free to rebuild the team; in fact, that's what we brought him here to do. But he's trashing everything that works and is skimming by what is a nonexistent defense. Paying $5m to a long snapper to replace one that had no issues is ****ing ridiculous. I still can't get over that.

If there really are talks of Cutler trades then that's even worse. Trading Cutler would take us down a notch, if not blow up the team entirely. The dude was the biggest part of our offense last year, and thus the team as even the defense admitted they were contributing nothing! Take away Cutler, and what does the rest of the team think? How will it affect Marshall and Scheffler?

Cassell played great last year, but he managed the games. Cutler won our games, because that's the only thing the offense can do if your defense is not getting any turnovers and bowled over every time its on the field. We didn't even have a consistent running game last year which usually spells doom for us. I can only think of a handful of QBs who could have done the same last year and none of them are on the trading block so these talks are inherently of the sort that is an immediate step down (with draft picks for the "future").

Seriously, if we were to trade Cutler I'd be resigned to a terrible season. McDaniels would then be kicked the **** out of the town on the principle of the entire town being batshit angry at him and then losing a future HoF coach would be for absolutely nothing.

lex
02-28-2009, 05:36 PM
17-20 as a starter *cough* 18 INT's ***cough cough***5 fumbles***cough cough***( I noticed you conveniently left those three stats out).

The 17-20 is bogus. A QB is not a boxer. He does not play defense. He does not run the ball 20 times a game. He does not block 300 lb defensive linemen.

broncophan
02-28-2009, 05:41 PM
i agree...most of them got fired. thanks for proving my point. might want to ask dre bly if it was cutlers fault for getting burned by wr's last year.

maybe we should have put cutler in to play line backer to stop sproles in our final game?

uhhh....I didn't prove your point......

Stats are almost meaningless..........bly wasn't the first and won't be the last getting burned by wr's.

I agree with you..........lets give Cutler a shot at playing linebacker.....maybe that is his "true calling" in the nfl................couldn't hurt.

ikillz0mbies
02-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Jeez.....bring in McDaniels and tell him to fix this team (PRIMARILY defense) and he REALLY is trying to fix a team.

warcrychief
The 17-20 is bogus. A QB is not a boxer. He does not play defense. He does not run the ball 20 times a game. He does not block 300 lb defensive linemen.

Your right. He is a worm on a big hook. :beer:

jrelway
i wouldnt be surprised if mcbiitch tries to bring in kevin faulk, sammy morris, and benjarvis green ellis. to even bring in jabbar gaffney is some BS.

Hallside
02-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Why??????

He'd rather have one who (until recently) hadn't started since his high school days?

Poor choice of words.

Fan in Exile
02-28-2009, 05:53 PM
McDaniels is free to rebuild the team; in fact, that's what we brought him here to do. But he's trashing everything that works and is skimming by what is a nonexistent defense. Paying $5m to a long snapper to replace one that had no issues is ****ing ridiculous. I still can't get over that.

If there really are talks of Cutler trades then that's even worse. Trading Cutler would take us down a notch, if not blow up the team entirely. The dude was the biggest part of our offense last year, and thus the team as even the defense admitted they were contributing nothing! Take away Cutler, and what does the rest of the team think? How will it affect Marshall and Scheffler?

Cassell played great last year, but he managed the games. Cutler won our games, because that's the only thing the offense can do if your defense is not getting any turnovers and bowled over every time its on the field. We didn't even have a consistent running game last year which usually spells doom for us. I can only think of a handful of QBs who could have done the same last year and none of them are on the trading block so these talks are inherently of the sort that is an immediate step down (with draft picks for the "future").

Seriously, if we were to trade Cutler I'd be resigned to a terrible season. McDaniels would then be kicked the **** out of the town on the principle of the entire town being batshit angry at him and then losing a future HoF coach would be for absolutely nothing.

This is just great I completely agree with NUB about something. Things had better turn around pretty quick because if this keeps happening I'm pretty sure the world is going to end.

The long snapper just frosts my cookies, I can't think of any justifiable reason to try to upgrade Mike Leach.

broncophan
02-28-2009, 05:54 PM
He'd rather have one who (until recently) hadn't started since his high school days?

Poor choice of words.

uhhhh....:listen: ....Sitting on the bench and practicing at Southern Cal and learning at a premier college is still 100X better than starting at a loser school like Vandy.

ChampWJ
02-28-2009, 06:00 PM
uhhhh....:listen: ....Sitting on the bench and practicing at Southern Cal and learning at a premier college is still 100X better than starting at a loser school like Vandy.

Until you look at the defenses Vanderbilt goes up against EVERY game. Terrible argument. Cassell is a scrub and will prove as much in Kansas City very soon.

Hallside
02-28-2009, 06:03 PM

You're an embarrassment.

broncophan
02-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Until you look at the defenses Vanderbilt goes up against EVERY game. Terrible argument. Cassell is a scrub and will prove as much in Kansas City very soon.

I dont care what kind of defenses Vandy plays every week........I say a qb who has talent and sits on the bench for 4 years at USC....is still better off.....and will be better prepared for the nfl..... than starting at Vandy.

Let Mcdaniels build HIS team...

broncophan
02-28-2009, 06:07 PM
You're an embarrassment.

Wow...coming from you.......that hurts my feelings...:rolleyes:

Take your 3 posts and move on.....:laugh:

elsid13
02-28-2009, 06:10 PM

Actually playing at Vandy is better training ground for NFL then USC. At Vandy, Cutler was forced to make decision in 2 to 4 seconds like he has to in NFL. School like USC, Texas have offense lines that allow QB to have all day in pocket have give the WR time to uncover. There is reason Leinart,Young struggled in pro passing game on timing and decision making. Also because the WR at Vandy were below standard for SEC speed Cutler was forced to make better throws into tight coverage that translates very well in NFL.

Plus you now need to understand all the league has film on Cassell. The DC will be able to take away his strengths and force him into things he doesn't like doing. DC have film on Cutler too, but he able to overcome coverage that they attempt to stop him with. Coming into his fourth year, the game should now be slow enough for him to start to make even more plays then before.

GEM
02-28-2009, 06:12 PM

Cutler isn't the one that held this team out of the playoffs. :coffee: He won games despite that horrendous joke of a defense.

Thnikkaman
02-28-2009, 06:12 PM
That's it. I'm becoming a Cardinals fan full time.

:overractingtorumorsmakespeoplecrazy:
:yayformobrule:
:modsclosethisthread:

lex
02-28-2009, 06:17 PM

Have fun on ignore.

broncophan
02-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Actually playing a Vandy is better training ground for NFL then USC. At Vandy, Cutler was forced to make decision in 2 to 4 seconds like he has to in NFL. School like USC, Texas have offense lines that allow QB to have all day in pocket have give the WR time to uncover. There is reason Leinart,Young struggled in pro passing game on timing and decision making. Also because the WR at Vandy were below standard for SEC speed Cutler was forced to make better throws into tight coverage that translates very well in NFL.

Plus you now need to understand all the league has film on Cassell. The DC will be able to take away his strengths and force him into things he doesn't like doing. DC have film on Cutler too, but he able to overcome coverage that attempt to stop with. Coming into his fourth year, the game should now be slow enough for him to start to make even more plays then before.

Good points.......imo.....Cutler has more talent than Leinart.......and Young has other issues.Pete Carrol would have helped Cutler imo.....as much as I hate USC and Pete Carrol.

Hope you are right about Cutler.......but with a new coaching staff.....I look for Cutler to be confused as he continues to learn.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Good points.......imo.....Cutler has more talent than Leinart.......and Young has other issues.Pete Carrol would have helped Cutler imo.....as much as I hate USC and Pete Carrol.

Hope you are right about Cutler.......but with a new coaching staff.....I look for Cutler to be confused as he continues to learn.

Cutler had to learn a new playbook every week under Bates/Shanahan why would he be confused by this offense. Hell at the pro-bowl he was picking Brees's brain because NO run a system that almost a carbon copy of the base of PATS' one.

broncophan
02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Cutler had to learn a new playbook every week under Bates/Shanahan why would he be confused by this offense. Hell at the pro-bowl he was picking Brees's brain because NO run a system that almost a carbon copy of the base of PATS' one.

I just looked for Cutler to start getting comfortable with the Shanahan/Bates system......and now he has a new coaching staff.

The kid needs some kind of stability......and a team ,esp. on defense that will help him as he continues to learn.

Cheez Whiz
02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
I want Shanahan back.

JKcatch724
02-28-2009, 06:48 PM

troll

PatricktheDookie
02-28-2009, 07:46 PM
I want Shanahan back.

Quoted for truth.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Quoted for truth.

signed to ratify.

DenBronx

claymore
02-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Fire McDaniels. Hire Mike Tice!!

I dont like you at all anymore.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 07:49 PM
I dont like you at all anymore.

clay can i steal your sig? i want to rep the new face of the organization with pride.

claymore
02-28-2009, 07:51 PM
clay can i steal your sig? i want to rep the new face of the organization with pride.

dude, Im seriously Angry right now. I kinda hate Mcdaniels,

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 07:53 PM
dude, Im seriously Angry right now. I kinda hate Mcdaniels,

he loves his quarterback so much that he gave him a gatorade kilt.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/untitled-18.jpg

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Actually playing at Vandy is better training ground for NFL then USC. At Vandy, Cutler was forced to make decision in 2 to 4 seconds like he has to in NFL. School like USC, Texas have offense lines that allow QB to have all day in pocket have give the WR time to uncover. There is reason Leinart,Young struggled in pro passing game on timing and decision making. Also because the WR at Vandy were below standard for SEC speed Cutler was forced to make better throws into tight coverage that translates very well in NFL.

Plus you now need to understand all the league has film on Cassell. The DC will be able to take away his strengths and force him into things he doesn't like doing. DC have film on Cutler too, but he able to overcome coverage that they attempt to stop him with. Coming into his fourth year, the game should now be slow enough for him to start to make even more plays then before.

Well I think we have figured out his problem. He has to make those 2-4 second decisions and HE THROWS INTO TRIPLE COVERAGE!!!:rolleyes:

PatricktheDookie
02-28-2009, 08:04 PM
I bet the talk shows in Denver are having a field day with this.

weazel
02-28-2009, 08:10 PM
I am speachless...

oh no I'm not. Screw McDaniels, this team is going to be the laughing stock of the league.

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Firing McDaniels at this point has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this message board. Come on guys, yall are smarter than that. Who the hell do you suggest we replace him with on such short a notice? Especially since McD's staff and a lot of the players he wants are all in place. Are you saying we should just blow up the team and start over AGAIN in just a few weeks? And also, what coach worth a damn would even give us the time of day if we hired someone only to fire him a month later? You think anyone would really want to come here if they knew that was the kind of job security they had? Get real guys.

claymore
02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Well I think we have figured out his problem. He has to make those 2-4 second decisions and HE THROWS INTO TRIPLE COVERAGE!!!:rolleyes:

Cutler made our line look allot better than it was this year.

Cutler had 7 backs go to IR this year.

Cutler had to throw on every down. This SOB set a Broncos record and went to the pro bowl depite all of that.

Clady's .5 sack or 1.5 sack number this year was due to Cutler shifting around or avoiding shit...........

claymore
02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Firing McDaniels at this point has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this message board. Come on guys, yall are smarter than that. Who the hell do you suggest we replace him with on such short a notice? Especially since McD's staff and a lot of the players he wants are all in place. Are you saying we should just blow up the team and start over AGAIN in just a few weeks? And also, what coach worth a damn would even give us the time of day if we hired someone only to fire him a month later? You think anyone would really want to come here if they knew that was the kind of job security they had? Get real guys.

If he considers trading Cutler, hell yeah......... He is a douche........

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 08:20 PM
If he considers trading Cutler, hell yeah......... He is a douche........

You have no idea if he actually considered trading Cutler or not. Just because a trade was offered doesn't mean he seriously considered it. You guys are ridiculous. Give the guy a freaking season at least. If Denver decided to fire or trade someone every time the fans demanded it, we'd have a new coach and an entirely new roster every 3 weeks.

You still didn't answer my question, though. What coach worth a damn would actually come here if they knew that they could possibly be fired after a month like the last guy was?

lex
02-28-2009, 08:21 PM

Yeah, they would have to keep Nolan. He has been on board long enough and has a history in Denver. Either he could be HC or at the very least remain in charge of the defense. As it stands now, John Gruden is out of work. So is Brian Billick who has worked with Nolan in the past and actually seems to respect the offense Shanahan left behind. I dont want to be New England and I dont want to **** over players like they do. And in 20 years, I dont want there to be talk of the Cutler Curse. If resolving the situation means replacing McDaniels then so be it. This disaster is of his own making.

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah, they would have to keep Nolan. He has been on board long enough and has a history in Denver. Either he could be HC or at the very least remain in charge of the defense. As it stands now, John Gruden is out of work. So is Brian Billick who has worked with Nolan in the past and actually seems to respect the offense Shanahan left behind. I dont want to be New England and I dont want to **** over players like they do. And in 20 years, I dont want there to be talk of the Cutler Curse.

Do you think Billick or Gruden would actually come to Denver though? Firing McD would create total chaos in the organization and I can't imagine either one of those guys wanting to step into a situation like that in a million years.

lex
02-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Do you think Billick or Gruden would actually come to Denver though? Firing McD would create total chaos in the organization and I can't imagine either one of those guys wanting to step into a situation like that in a million years.

Yeah, I think we could find someone. How many QBs did Gruden go through to try to find someone like Cutler? Also, Cutler is the more talented version of Kyle Boller. Why would Billick not want to coach a team with a talent like that? Meanwhile, the knucklehead who is actually coaching our team, is trying to get rid of Cutler.

claymore
02-28-2009, 08:26 PM
You have no idea if he actually considered trading Cutler or not. Just because a trade was offered doesn't mean he seriously considered it. You guys are ridiculous. Give the guy a freaking season at least. If Denver decided to fire or trade someone every time the fans demanded it, we'd have a new coach and an entirely new roster every 3 weeks.

You still didn't answer my question, though. What coach worth a damn would actually come here if they knew that they could possibly be fired after a month like the last guy was?

Thats why I said if. Im either completely cool with McDaniels or Im completely pissed. It hinges on the Broncos organization, as a whole and how hard they thought about this etc........

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I think we could find someone. How many QBs did Gruden go through to try to find someone like Cutler? Also, Cutler is the more talented version of Kyle Boller. Why would Billick not want to coach a team with a talent like that? Meanwhile, the knucklehead who is actually coaching our team, is trying to get rid of Cutler.

Ok, then look at it this way. If we fire McD, not only are we on the hook for Shanny's contract, we gotta pay out McD too. We can just keep paying millions and millions of bucks to multiple head coaches.

And what's gonna happen when Billick comes in here and does something that pisses you off? You gonna call for his head too?

lex
02-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Ok, then look at it this way. If we fire McD, not only are we on the hook for Shanny's contract, we gotta pay out McD too. We can just keep paying millions and millions of bucks to multiple head coaches.

And what's gonna happen when Billick comes in here and does something that pisses you off? You gonna call for his head too?

Bowlen said he wanted someone who was going to help him win a SBs. If its at a crisis stage where Cutler and McDaniels cant co-exist, then yeah, I expect him to step up and address this. And lets not forget that Dan Reeves lost his job for trying this kind of nonsense...and he had been head coach on 3 of Denvers SB teams. Josh hasnt coached a game.

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Are you ******* kidding me?

There are some real idiots on this board.

Hobe
02-28-2009, 08:48 PM
http://www.geocities.com/vibestothemax/chill_pill.jpg

Crush05
02-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Well let's all remember this falls back to our owner Pat "the I want my team back" Bowlen! Pat wanted a fresh start and it seems as if he is letting McD run the show to do so! So here's to you Mr. Broncos team owner :protest::eviltongue:a fresh start at a brand new QB controversy :congrats:when Denver had a face for the franchise and your letting it all fade away!!!:mad2:

Scarface
02-28-2009, 09:19 PM
This is what happens when you let a rookie coach and a rookie GM run your franchise. They just got played by Pioli. We got amateurs running our franchise right now and they lost the lockerroom before even minicamps. This season is going to be great (SARCASM METER ON FULL BLAST).

horsepig
02-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Well let's all remember this falls back to our owner Pat "the I want my team back" Bowlen! Pat wanted a fresh start and it seems as if he is letting McD run the show to do so! So here's to you Mr. Broncos team owner :protest::eviltongue:a fresh start at a brand new QB controversy :congrats:when Denver had a face for the franchise and your letting it all fade away!!!:mad2:

For crying out loud, the hens are on the loose-gravel to dig, ground to scratch, it takes a lot of sittin gettin eggs to hatch. Cutler needs to keep his mouth shut, he's acting like a 25 year old punk. Woe is me, I heard on the frickin internet they're trying to trade ME!

lex
02-28-2009, 09:35 PM
For crying out loud, the hens are on the loose-gravel to dig, ground to scratch, it takes a lot of sittin gettin eggs to hatch. Cutler needs to keep his mouth shut, he's acting like a 25 year old punk. Woe is me, I heard on the frickin internet they're trying to trade ME!

Its overwhelming isnt it? Maybe you should go milk a cow to calm down?

horsepig
02-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Ouch, milk a cow. I'm a hell of a lot calmer than "football reporters" who have jumped all over this and made a mountain out a mole hill: MOO!

Den21vsBal19
02-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Not saying I want it to happen, but has a coach ever been sacked without his team taking a snap in anger? :confused:

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 10:04 PM
So, since Cutler is throwing a hissy fit, we should fire McDaniels? That's crap. No one player is bigger than the team. If Cutler decides that he can't play for McD, trade his ass, we'll probably get some great value for him. Now I hope it never comes to that, but Bowlen can't just plant the idea in Cutler's head that if he's not happy with the coach he can just get him fired. This isn't the NBA for Christ's sake.

And all this, "the locker room is starting to crumble" crap is a bunch of nonsense. One hissy fit from the QB is a long way away from a crumbling locker room.

G_Money
02-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Ouch, milk a cow. I'm a hell of a lot calmer than "football reporters" who have jumped all over this and made a mountain out a mole hill: MOO!

Jay Cutler is "reportedly" furious and has asked for the right to seek his own trade, since we don't want him here.

He was also "reportedly" denied that option.

Williamson at ESPN reported it.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest

If you think that's a mole-hill, they must have some Tremors-like moles where you live.

Whether or not it was a big deal this morning to the Broncos front office, it's most assuredly a huge deal now.

Oops. :coffee:

~G

horsepig
02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Cytler really needs some of that NFL "counselling" they give to rooks about what to say when and how to keep ahold of at least a little of your huge influx of moola.

horsepig
02-28-2009, 10:10 PM
This whole thing will blow over.

lex
02-28-2009, 10:15 PM
So, since Cutler is throwing a hissy fit, we should fire McDaniels? That's crap. No one player is bigger than the team. If Cutler decides that he can't play for McD, trade his ass, we'll probably get some great value for him. Now I hope it never comes to that, but Bowlen can't just plant the idea in Cutler's head that if he's not happy with the coach he can just get him fired. This isn't the NBA for Christ's sake.

And all this, "the locker room is starting to crumble" crap is a bunch of nonsense. One hissy fit from the QB is a long way away from a crumbling locker room.

No, Elsid made a solid observation that I agree with. McDaniels trying to move Cutler suggests that he is too insecure to coach Shanahans players. Cutler has proven more as a QB than McDaniels has as a head coach. He needs to walk. Dan Reeves did and he was the coach of 3 of Denvers SB teams.

G_Money
02-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Cutler's a drama queen. We've known that about him since forever. He's sensitive and gets really bent out of shape about slights real or imagined.

Of course, Michael Jordan was a drama queen too. Many high-strung athletes are.

You know who usually aren't? Backups. I don't want a backup at QB, I'd like a starter.

Maybe there's a better option out there than Cutler who isn't as vulnerable to getting bent and then spouting off about it.

But I don't know who that would be. Cutler's it, right now. He's the guy we're running with, barring a crazy trade that will likely work out to our detriment, for the next 2 years at least.

McDaniels would do well to take some management seminars on how you treat your most valuable producers in the workplace, and whether it's worth the effort to coddle them or if they should just shut up and be cogs in the machine.

He might find that worthwhile too. :tsk:

~G

Shazam!
02-28-2009, 10:28 PM
I can't believe some of the crap I am reading.

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 10:31 PM
No, Elsid made a solid observation that I agree with. McDaniels trying to move Cutler suggests that he is too insecure to coach Shanahans players. Cutler has proven more as a QB than McDaniels has as a head coach. He needs to walk. Dan Reeves did and he was the coach of 3 of Denvers SB teams.

Cutler is NOT bigger than the team. His ego is already big enough, forcing the team to fire a coach would only increase his ego that much more, which is the last thing we need. I would love to have both Cutler and McD but if they can't coexist, ship Cutler's ass out. I really do hope it never comes to that though.

BeefStew25
02-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Cutler is NOT bigger than the team. His ego is already big enough, forcing the team to fire a coach would only increase his ego that much more, which is the last thing we need. I would love to have both Cutler and McD but if they can't coexist, ship Cutler's ass out. I really do hope it never comes to that though.

You're just speculating. Unless you were in the room hearing the talks, you really have no clue what really went on.

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 10:32 PM
I can't believe some of the crap I am reading.

Don't you understand? The answer to all of our problems is just to fire someone everytime they do something the fans don't like! :lol:

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 10:34 PM
You're just speculating. Unless you were in the room hearing the talks, you really have no clue what really went on.

Do you have anything intelligent to add to this conversation? That would be a first for you.

SmilinAssasSin27

post whore

lex

What you have said can also be applied to McDaniels.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Do you have anything intelligent to add to this conversation? That would be a first for you.

honestly dude, at this point...what do you think his answer will be?

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 10:37 PM

McDaniels isn't being a big drama queen right now. He's doing what he thinks is best to make this a winning team. I've seen nothing from him that would lead me to believe that he thinks that he's bigger than the team. It's his and Xanders' jobs to listen to trade offers that they think could improve the team. The sooner Cutler realizes that, the better.

Shazam!
02-28-2009, 10:39 PM

You are wrong, and I admit it is sad. McD was brought in to fix a leaderless, uninspired and unmotivated team with the worst defense in the NFL. I don't care what they're ranked. I saw some things that were just embarassing. They were the worst Denver defense I have ever seen, even when I thought I'd never see a Defense worse than the one I saw in 1994.

Unfortunately with a makeover like this, nobody's job is safe and anyone can be jettisoned when a new regime is brought in. Cutler is not John Elway, the only player in the last 30 or so years the Broncos ever had that couldn't be traded.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 10:40 PM
McDaniels isn't being a big drama queen right now. He's doing what he thinks is best to make this a winning team. I've seen nothing from him that would lead me to believe that he thinks that he's bigger than the team. It's his and Xanders' jobs to listen to trade offers that they think could improve the team. The sooner Cutler realizes that, the better.

He just tried to trade Jay freaikin Cutler for a dude who has started 15 games in the past 7 years.

lex
02-28-2009, 10:41 PM

Trading the QB that the team has invested 3 years in for some guy youre comfortable with only because youre not secure enough to work with the talent that was on the roster when you sought out the job? OK, sure. This is getting better and better.

BeefStew25
02-28-2009, 10:42 PM

I am repeating your own words bro.

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 10:45 PM
He just tried to trade Jay freaikin Cutler for a dude who has started 15 games in the past 7 years.

No, Tampa tried to trade for Cutler and it didn't happen. McD said himself that he never had any intentions of trading Cutler and that he wants him to remain a Bronco. For now, I'll believe that over what the media is speculating.

And even if he did try to trade Cutler, having Cassel wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He's already succeeded in McD's system so it's not like it would be totally preposterous to bring him in. And the "he's only started 15 games in 7 years argument is BS". He played behind a Heisman trophy winner and a future HOFer. That's no indictment on Cassel's talent.

lex
02-28-2009, 10:46 PM
You are wrong, and I admit it is sad. McD was brought in to fix a leaderless, uninspired and unmotivated team with the worst defense in the NFL. I don't care what they're ranked. I saw some things that were just embarassing. They were the worst Denver defense I have ever seen, even when I thought I'd never see a Defense worse than the one I saw in 1994.

Unfortunately with a makeover like this, nobody's job is safe and anyone can be jettisoned when a new regime is brought in. Cutler is not John Elway, the only player in the last 30 or so years the Broncos ever had that couldn't be traded.

I agree that Cutler is not Elway, but McDaniels has also not been to 3 SBs as a head coach. He hasnt even coached a game, in fact. Yeah he was a good coordinator but theres more to it when you become a head coach and what has happened today is an example of that. He was brought in to fix the defense. Which explains why our first two signings were Arrington and Buckhalter (depending on if the Arrington deal holds up). But besides that, its as much about Bowlen as it is anything. He went with this guy when defense was the biggest issue. And now here we are signing more marginal RBs and trying to trade Cutler right out of the gate. THat doesnt help the defense and its questionable whether it helps the offense.

Shazam!
02-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Trading the QB that the team has invested 3 years in for some guy youre comfortable with only because youre not secure enough to work with the talent...

Lex you are wrong again. Cassell knows his system already through and through, therefore who would you ratehr have? The guy who knows it or a guy you'd have to teach the whole thing to? McD wants to start to win next year. We gotta give him credit for that at least, trying to what he thinks will get this team in the best position possible ASAP.

Shazam!
02-28-2009, 10:47 PM
I agree that Cutler is not Elway, but McDaniels has also not been to 3 SBs as a head coach. He hasnt even coached a game, in fact. Yeah he was a good coordinator but theres more to it when you become a head coach

I guess Mike Shanahan should have never Coached the Broncos either after a disaster in Oakland in '89.

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Fire the HACK!

Hire Spagnuolo!

lex
02-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Lex you are wrong again. Cassell knows his system already through and through, therefore who would you ratehr have? The guy who knows it or a guy you'd have to teach the whole thing to? McD wants to start to win next year. We gotta give him credit for that at least, trying to what he thinks will get this team in the best position possible ASAP.

NO, that would imply you have the right answer.

I would rather have the best guy 3 years from now. I think Jay has more upside than Cassel. I think the play of the two QBs has been a reflection of their talent and a coaching approach. I think Shanahans approach to Jay has been more one of letting him make mistakes and learning his limitations. This is good because it explores how good he can be sooner in the process. The NE approach to young QBs seems to be a little more conservative. I think Jay is the bigger talent and I think its wrong to assume he cant function in any system. Again, someone else said this move speaks to McDaniels insecurity. Im starting to agree with this more and more. But in the long run, Ill take Jay over Cassel in any system.

Shazam!
02-28-2009, 10:52 PM
For all we know Lex, maybe McD doesn't believe he can function in his offense.

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 10:52 PM
I would rather have the best guy 3 years from now.

Clearly McDaniels, Bowlen and Xanders agree.

hamrob
02-28-2009, 10:53 PM

Unfortunately with a makeover like this, nobody's job is safe and anyone can be jettisoned when a new regime is brought in. Cutler is not John Elway, the only player in the last 30 or so years the Broncos ever had that couldn't be traded.Fine...trade cutler for 3 #1's or Cassell, Vrabel a #1 & a #2.

But to trade Cutler for Cassel straight up.....McDip***t....should be tar'd and feathered!!!

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Fine...trade cutler for 3 #1's or Cassell, Vrabel a #1 & a #2.

But to trade Cutler for Cassel straight up.....McDip***t....should be tar'd and feathered!!!

It was a three-team trade, so it's clear that that was not the case.

BroncoWave
02-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Clearly McDaniels, Bowlen and Xanders agree.

Yep, they all seem to be pretty damn happy to have Cutler right now. People are acting like they can't get rid of Cutler for Cassel quick enough which, if you listen to anything those three guys have said today, isn't the case at all.

WARHORSE
02-28-2009, 10:58 PM

Cutler is mobile. Cutler has a far stronger arm.

McD didnt try to trade Cutler. Bowlen himself said Cutler was the future here and that he wanted him appraised of the HC situation because of that. So Cutler probably had a voice in Josh hiring......whether small is not important.

And for the record..........SCHEFFTER said the Broncos initiated NO talks about Cutler, only fielded calls from Tampa and Detroit who tried LAST MINUTE to enter the Cassell fray.

Lombardi question Curran up in New England about it to see if there were third parties ever involved and Curran said Peter King told him there was only a last minute discussion, nothing more.

lex
02-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Yep, they all seem to be pretty damn happy to have Cutler right now. People are acting like they can't get rid of Cutler for Cassel quick enough which, if you listen to anything those three guys have said today, isn't the case at all.

Why would they say anything other than what they said? This situation where there is a significant likelihood that their comments were self-serving, its foolish to take it at face value. People were dismissing it early on but then more and more dirt came out.

Shazam!
02-28-2009, 11:01 PM
War I wasn't talking about who is athleticly superior and I agree it's Cut. I was talking about system. I also agree with the point that nothing happened. Cutler's staying. He'll be here in September starting for what I believe will be a vastly improved team, not just in discipline but with talent. Everyone is making a big deal about this and there isn't any reason to.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 11:02 PM
For all we know Lex, maybe McD doesn't believe he can function in his offense.

Then McD isn't as bright as he think he is. I getting the feeling that he trying to act like Belicheat and failed to grasp that Belicheat only won because he lucked out and found Brady. The reason that the Denver job was consider the best opening in NFL was because of Cutler and the offense. This team was 8-8 last season and with average defense would have been in playoffs.

lex
02-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Cutler is mobile. Cutler has a far stronger arm.

McD didnt try to trade Cutler. Bowlen himself said Cutler was the future here and that he wanted him appraised of the HC situation because of that. So Cutler probably had a voice in Josh hiring......whether small is not important.

And for the record..........SCHEFFTER said the Broncos initiated NO talks about Cutler, only fielded calls from Tampa and Detroit who tried LAST MINUTE to enter the Cassell fray.

Lombardi question Curran up in New England about it to see if there were third parties ever involved and Curran said Peter King told him there was only a last minute discussion, nothing more.

Thats not exactly what Schefter said. Schefter said that this was Denvers version of what happened. Schefter never made an objective statement that Denver didnt pursue this.

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Thats not exactly what Schefter said. Schefter said that this was Denvers version of what happened. Schefter never made an objective statement that Denver didnt pursue this.

He sure as hell did.

Go root for the Rams.

lex
02-28-2009, 11:16 PM
He sure as hell did.

Go root for the Rams.

No, he just said this is Denvers version of things. Youve been dismissive about this all day. Certainly you must be tired of being wrong and using sarcasm as a crutch.

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 11:19 PM
No, he just said this is Denvers version of things. Youve been dismissive about this all day. Certainly you must be tired of being wrong and using sarcasm as a crutch.

Except I'm not wrong. I'd love to see some proof, and not a bunch of speculation, especially from someone who can't even accept that this coach of choice works for someone else.

There's a difference.

Good luck with that, Rams fan. Not sure why you continue to post here, you root for the Rams...

ktrain
03-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Im in.

You hated Shanny, now you are hating on McTurd even though he hasn't even coached a game.....give me a break. Give McTurd a chance here are some things he has already done right:

1. Fired slowick and all defensive coaches
2. Kept Gibbs & Dennison
3. Got rid of much of the toxic waste players on defense
4. significantly upgraded the defensive coaching staff over slowick
5. significantly upgraded the safety slot by signing dawkins and Hill
6. cut nate jackson

you are one bitter **** Lex, I wonder if your mother teased you with her titties when you were a baby and then took them away giving you a bottle of vineagar instead?

Magnificent Seven
03-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Fire McDaniels. Hire Mike Tice!!

Tice Sucks!

buzzard
03-01-2009, 12:06 PM
no one has brought up the fact that cassell has not started a season as the starter since he was in highschool i think he will fall on his face and mcdaniels should stop unpacking and start looking for a new job

BroncoWave
03-01-2009, 12:08 PM
no one has brought up the fact that cassell has not started a season as the starter since he was in highschool i think he will fall on his face and mcdaniels should stop unpacking and start looking for a new job

Sitting behind a heisman trophy winner and a future HOF QB is no indictment on Cassel's talent.

buzzard
03-01-2009, 12:11 PM
but he only started 15 games as a nfl quarterback and they think he is as good as cutler or brady he has not proven himself as a real starter for atleast one more year

BroncoJoe
03-01-2009, 12:17 PM
http://besplatanhosting.com/edukacija/Crtani%20Filmovi%202/Chicken%20Little%20(2005).jpg

MOtorboat
03-01-2009, 01:19 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/clapton_2/JOSH_MCDANIELS_MUST_DIE.jpg

atwater27
03-01-2009, 02:09 PM
What an egomaniac our new HC is. It doesn't matter if the offense is great, he didn't build it so it must go!

BroncoWave
03-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Enjoy, McD haters:

http://www.keepjayfiremcdaniels.com/

Bozo Jr.
03-01-2009, 04:39 PM

Deeeeerrrrr!

Bozo Jr.
03-01-2009, 04:41 PM
but he only started 15 games as a nfl quarterback and they think he is as good as cutler or brady he has not proven himself as a real starter for atleast one more year

Well, maybe he acts like an adult and not not like a child who didn't get the present he wanted for Christmas.

shank
03-01-2009, 04:45 PM
how is jay acting like a child? watch the phone interview that he had with gary miller bozo, jay is calm and already talking like he's prepared to move on and away from this situation, which is far more than i expected from him.

frauschieze
03-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Firing McDaniels at this point has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this message board. Come on guys, yall are smarter than that. Who the hell do you suggest we replace him with on such short a notice?

G Money and dogfish. Best NFL coaches evah. :drinking:

I have. It's called signing Lonie Paxton to a $5.5 million/5 year deal when we already have the exact same player. It was a cronyism move entirely, and there is no other way to view it. That was not a move for the team. It was a move for McDaniels so he could have one of his guys on the inside.

RunYouOver
03-01-2009, 04:50 PM
G Money and dogfish. Best NFL coaches evah. :drinking:

I have. It's called signing Lonie Paxton to a $5.5 million/5 year deal when we already have the exact same player. It was a cronyism move entirely, and there is no other way to view it. That was not a move for the team. It was a move for McDaniels so he could have one of his guys on the inside.

That's what got me worried to, even before the Cutler issue.

Now we cut Mike Leach, who was, and always has been one of the best long snappers in the game. Why?!! Because McDaniels needs to see more Patriots on his team...he's not ready to coach yet.

I'm willing to forgive him if this whole thing settles down SOON, but otherwise...

Shanny for HC in 2010!

NameUsedBefore
03-01-2009, 04:51 PM
You hated Shanny, now you are hating on McTurd even though he hasn't even coached a game.....give me a break. Give McTurd a chance here are some things he has already done right:

1. Fired slowick and all defensive coaches
2. Kept Gibbs & Dennison
3. Got rid of much of the toxic waste players on defense
4. significantly upgraded the defensive coaching staff over slowick
5. significantly upgraded the safety slot by signing dawkins and Hill
6. cut nate jackson

you are one bitter **** Lex, I wonder if your mother teased you with her titties when you were a baby and then took them away giving you a bottle of vineagar instead?

Well, to Lex's credit anyone could have made those blatantly obvious moves. Except cutting Nate Jackson. That guy had a great personality, I'm sure that was rough.

Bozo Jr.
03-01-2009, 04:52 PM
how is jay acting like a child? watch the phone interview that he had with gary miller bozo, jay is calm and already talking like he's prepared to move on and away from this situation, which is far more than i expected from him.

Anytime a player goes to the media and calls out their coach, causing a situation to explode. Embarrassing the coach, and IMO the organization, and it's fans........do you think that is professional behavior? I hope not!

shank
03-01-2009, 04:53 PM
you see no fault in the situation that CBS contacted jay about the situation before his head coach and/or GM did?

Bozo Jr.
03-01-2009, 04:56 PM
you see no fault in the situation that CBS contacted jay about the situation before his head coach and/or GM did?

They probably expected Jay would cry, and O'Boy you surely cant hurt poor little Jay's feelings can you. Our "franchise" QB with a losing record.

BroncoWave
03-01-2009, 04:58 PM

No, not if the trade never got close to actually materializing. They probably weren't expecting this to leak to the media so there was no need for them to inform Jay of trade talks that were probably never that close to being finalized anyway. I would be willing to bet that players are mentioned in proposed trades every day and never find out about it. It's just part of the business.

broncofaninfla
03-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Mckid and Xanders really blew it with this one. They just lost the trust of our most important player and most likely his teammates as well. This also shows me they are poor at evaluating talent. Cutler for Cassel?!?!?!? Really?!?!?! That is an upgrade???? Denver is now being managed by a bunch of unqualified idiots.

BroncoJoe
03-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Ugh. I think I need to take a break from here.

No one knows what happened - IF ANYTHING!

I can completely understand if Cutler heard about this and got upset.

I can completely understand if MickeyD had an offer and listened.

It's all a bunch of nonsense, IMO.

dogfish
03-01-2009, 05:57 PM
good thinking, joe-- we wouldn't want you pulling out your hair over this. . .

oh wait. . . .

BroncoJoe
03-01-2009, 05:59 PM
good thinking, joe-- we wouldn't want you pulling out your hair over this. . .

oh wait. . . .

I think it's time for a thread hijack...

I've got a headache from reading all this BS.

shank
03-01-2009, 06:00 PM
i might have to bow out for a while too. the longer i sit here, the higher the likelihood that i get banned because of one of my McNicknames. Frau, text me if something good happens :coffee:

TDmvp
03-01-2009, 06:04 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2208/shanahancutler.jpg

frauschieze
03-01-2009, 06:07 PM
i might have to bow out for a while too. the longer i sit here, the higher the likelihood that i get banned because of one of my McNicknames. Frau, text me if something good happens :coffee:

You got it. First response texts if I get laid or have a great steak dinner. Unfortunately, I don't think we're gonna hear anything good out of Dove Valley today.

Broncospsycho77
03-01-2009, 06:13 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2208/shanahancutler.jpg

I don't think I've ever read anything you've ever posted. Your signature is too attractive. So I just High 5'ed it and moved on.

lex
03-01-2009, 08:27 PM
bump

MOtorboat
03-01-2009, 09:07 PM
bump

How's Spagnuolo doing? Get that Rams jersey yet?

lex
03-01-2009, 09:22 PM

No he's not. He's to much of a chickenshit to take on the challenge of working with a more talented QB.

MOtorboat
03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
No he's not. He's to much of a chickenshit to take on the challenge of working with a more talented QB.

So Cutler is more talented than Brady?

Noted.

atwater27
03-01-2009, 10:30 PM
So Cutler is more talented than Brady?

Noted.

Actually, if you look at raw skills, he definitely beats Brady. Mcfly should be drooling over ways he can mould Cutty into even a better QB than Brady. That would prove something. Not just trying to trade for a system guy like Cassell.

bcbronc
03-01-2009, 10:33 PM
I can't help but wonder if the uproar would have been as bad if Cassel had ended up in Detroit or San Fransico. or any other non divisional opponent.

BroncoWave
03-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I can't help but wonder if the uproar would have been as bad if Cassel had ended up in Detroit or San Fransico. or any other non divisional opponent.

I highly doubt it. I don't think most of the people on this board care that he is in KC seeing as most of them think Cassel sucks anyway.

BeefStew25
03-01-2009, 10:35 PM
I highly doubt it. I don't think most of the people on this board care that he is in KC seeing as most of them think Cassel sucks anyway.

Scott Mitchell.

elsid13
03-01-2009, 10:39 PM
After strong night of drinking I decided that I am ready to take over the head coaching responsibilities of the Denver broncos. Will someone please tell the kid that he needs to clean his shit out of my office.

I promise it will be exciting time in Denver and I will ensure that I see the Superbowl field some how.

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Why??????

Now dont be saying the truth, you going to get flamed. :lol:

good post btw

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Actually, if you look at raw skills, he definitely beats Brady. Mcfly should be drooling over ways he can mould Cutty into even a better QB than Brady. That would prove something. Not just trying to trade for a system guy like Cassell.

its called brains, Cutler has not shown he has the Brains of Brady ever.

Will he? Jury is still out. He can and has at times but needs to do it over a consistent basis and stop whining as well

Northman
03-02-2009, 10:42 AM
After strong night of drinking I decided that I am ready to take over the head coaching responsibilities of the Denver broncos. Will someone please tell the kid that he needs to clean his shit out of my office.

I promise it will be exciting time in Denver and I will ensure that I see the Superbowl field some how.

There goes my job. :tsk:

MNPatsFan
03-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Actually, if you look at raw skills, he definitely beats Brady. Mcfly should be drooling over ways he can mould Cutty into even a better QB than Brady. That would prove something. Not just trying to trade for a system guy like Cassell.Well that "system guy" out played Cutler by a huge amount in their meeting last season. Now I have not seen Cutler play very much, but I watched between 3-5 Broncos games last season and Cutler played like crap in essentially every one of those games. Based on those games, Jay appears to be a talented QB who mentally doesn't make good decisions or choices. I would rather take a potentially slightly less talented QB who makes sound decisions and choices over a potentially more talented QB who makes poor decisions and choices.

FYI, although I only saw a little bit of Jay's play last season, I never saw him make a critical pinpoint pass like Cassel did to Moss at the end of regulation in the game against the NY Jets.

Thnikkaman
03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Well that "system guy" out played Cutler by a huge amount in their meeting last season. Now I have not seen Cutler play very much, but I watched between 3-5 Broncos games last season and Cutler played like crap in essentially every one of those games. Based on those games, Jay appears to be a talented QB who mentally doesn't make good decisions or choices. I would rather take a potentially slightly less talented QB who makes sound decisions and choices over a potentially more talented QB who makes poor decisions and choices.

FYI, although I only saw a little bit of Jay's play last season, I never saw him make a critical pinpoint pass like Cassel did to Moss at the end of regulation in the game against the NY Jets.

cJF68smk0iA

MNPatsFan
03-02-2009, 12:05 PM
cJF68smk0iAMost of those plays were shorter passes in which the receiver then ran for a lot more yards and/or the touchdown. I realize that Matt Cassel lead the league in YAC, but I only point this out because Thnikka posted this clip in response to my observation, albeit limited by the minimal amount of Broncos games I watched, that I never saw Jay make a pinpoint throw similar to the one Cassel threw to Moss at the end of regulation in the NY Jets game. Even after watching Thnikka's clip I still haven't seen Jay make the same type of pinpoint throw.

Moreover, a number of Jay's passes in the clip were off target so that the receiver either had to wait for the ball or adjust his route.

Northman
03-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Well that "system guy" out played Cutler by a huge amount in their meeting last season. Now I have not seen Cutler play very much, but I watched between 3-5 Broncos games last season and Cutler played like crap in essentially every one of those games. Based on those games, Jay appears to be a talented QB who mentally doesn't make good decisions or choices. I would rather take a potentially slightly less talented QB who makes sound decisions and choices over a potentially more talented QB who makes poor decisions and choices.

Your system guy didnt have to win on his own either. Put Jay on that same NE team and i think he does just as well. Put Cassell on this Bronco team and he isnt nearly as successful.

elsid13
03-02-2009, 12:31 PM
There goes my job. :tsk:

**** yeah, I have new punter from my old team already lined up. Can you long snap?

elsid13
03-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Most of those plays were shorter passes in which the receiver then ran for a lot more yards and/or the touchdown. I realize that Matt Cassel lead the league in YAC, but I only point this out because Thnikka posted this clip in response to my observation, albeit limited by the minimal amount of Broncos games I watched, that I never saw Jay make a pinpoint throw similar to the one Cassel threw to Moss at the end of regulation in the NY Jets game. Even after watching Thnikka's clip I still haven't seen Jay make the same type of pinpoint throw.

Moreover, a number of Jay's passes in the clip were off target so that the receiver either had to wait for the ball or adjust his route.

What are you talking about? ATL game TD to Graham to win it, 1st SD game Pinpoint passes to Royal on 2 point conversion, 1st Oakland game when he lite up Hall all night. Those are just off the top of my head.

For the clip most of the throws were on the move, which is impossible for Cassell to even attempt to make.

MNPatsFan
03-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Your system guy didnt have to win on his own either. Put Jay on that same NE team and i think he does just as well. Put Cassell on this Bronco team and he isnt nearly as successful.Definitely not at the start of the season, but during the last part of the season Cassel was winning games on his own as much if not more so that Jay. Of course part of that is due to the fact that the Broncos did not win much at the end of the season.

PS, Don't think I am a Cutler hater because I had him as one of my key QBs in FFL. I actually don't know enough about Jay's entire resume and abilities to make an educated opinion. I am merely playing devil's advocate to generate greater discussion so that I can obtain the thoughts and opinions of Broncos fans who have better knowledge and stronger opinions regarding Jay and his abilities.

MNPatsFan
03-02-2009, 12:44 PM
What are you talking about? ATL game TD to Graham to win it, 1st SD game Pinpoint passes to Royal on 2 point conversion, 1st Oakland game when he lite up Hall all night. Those are just off the top of my head.

For the clip most of the throws were on the move, which is impossible for Cassell to even attempt to make.As I said, I ONLY saw a few games. I did not see any of the Broncos games you identified other than the highlights on ESPN.

elsid13
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
As I said, I ONLY saw a few games. I did not see any of the Broncos games you identified other than the highlights on ESPN.

I understand, and I wasn't paying attention who was posting. All I will say about Cassell that I believe he being overvalued by NE coaching staff (current and former) and the fanbase. Which is typical in NFL of all teams. If Cassell was as good as folks are making out to be, wouldn't the marker have be bigger?

MNPatsFan
03-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I understand, and I wasn't paying attention who was posting. All I will say about Cassell that I believe he being overvalued by NE coaching staff (current and former) and the fanbase. Which is typical in NFL of all teams. If Cassell was as good as folks are making out to be, wouldn't the marker have be bigger?That may be, but I know a lot of Vikings fans feel that the Vikings screwed up by trading a 4th rounder for Sage Rosenfells (sp?) rather than trading a 2nd rounder to get the much better Cassel.

If I was a Vikings fan, I would be furious that they will be going into the season with T. Jackson and Sage, who BOTH suck, even though the Vikes have Super Bowl aspirations. Given the surrounding talent the Vikes have, all they need is a decent to good young QB to make them a definite SB contender, unless the Pat and Kevin Williams get suspended for 4 game. Childress is an idiot for refusing to significantly upgrade his QB situation and will justifiably pay for his idiocy by losing his job after this season.

elsid13
03-02-2009, 01:11 PM
That may be, but I know a lot of Vikings fans feel that the Vikings screwed up by trading a 4th rounder for Sage Rosenfells (sp?) rather than trading a 2nd rounder to get the much better Cassel.

If I was a Vikings fan, I would be furious that they will be going into the season with T. Jackson and Sage, who BOTH suck, even though the Vikes have Super Bowl aspirations. Given the surrounding talent the Vikes have, all they need is a decent to good young QB to make them a definite SB contender, unless the Pat and Kevin Williams get suspended for 4 game. Childress is an idiot for refusing to significantly upgrade his QB situation and will justifiably pay for his idiocy by losing his job after this season.

Doesn't that make you wonder why he didn't go after Cassell? There were 2 teams interested in him - Den and KC - and no one else. I think folks have tape on him now, know were his weaknesses are and don't feel comfortable have him as starting QB in the league.

jrelway
03-02-2009, 01:13 PM
fire his punk ass and make all the players happy. new coach comes in, steps on toes and pisses everyone off. not a good way to start your coaching career.

turftoad
03-02-2009, 01:14 PM
That may be, but I know a lot of Vikings fans feel that the Vikings screwed up by trading a 4th rounder for Sage Rosenfells (sp?) rather than trading a 2nd rounder to get the much better Cassel.

I think Sage will be fine there. He's played well when he's played.

The Vikes just want someone to come in and manage the game for them, make some throws and not make mistakes,
Sage can do that for them.

TXBRONC
03-02-2009, 01:19 PM

I guess you're ignorant of the fact that Jay was playing with injuried index finger. :coffee:

CoachChaz
03-02-2009, 01:33 PM
I understand, and I wasn't paying attention who was posting. All I will say about Cassell that I believe he being overvalued by NE coaching staff (current and former) and the fanbase. Which is typical in NFL of all teams. If Cassell was as good as folks are making out to be, wouldn't the marker have be bigger?

Just to be a wise-ass, I guess we could say that if Jay was a great as some fans play him out to be, maybe we'd have received a decent offer for him.

MNPatsFan
03-02-2009, 01:58 PM
I think Sage will be fine there. He's played well when he's played.

The Vikes just want someone to come in and manage the game for them, make some throws and not make mistakes,
Sage can do that for them.I saw Sage play against the Colts and the Vikes last year and he looked horrible in both games. Moreover, last year's stats suggest that the Vikes have essentially obtained a QB who is at best as good as T-Jack and more likely worse. Here are the stats:

Sage Rosenfels: 116 completions in 174 attempts for 1431 yds. Sage had a completion percentage of 66.7 with 8.22 yds/attempt and a long of 61 yards. Sage threw for 6 tds and a td percentage of 3.4 with 10 INTs with an interception percentage of 5.7 and was sacked 9 times for a loss of 58 yards and a QB rating of 79.5.

Tarvaris Jackson: 88 completions in 149 attempts for 1056 yds. T-Jack had a completion percentage of 59.1 with 7.09 yds/attempt and a long of 59 yards. T-Jack threw for 9 tds and a td percentage of 6.0 with 2 INTs with an interception percentage of 1.3 and was sacked 14 times for a loss of 97 yards and a QB rating of 95.4.

Based on those stats and what I saw last year, Sage is not an upgrade or competent to make the Vikes a Super Bowl caliber team.

Medford Bronco
03-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I saw Sage play against the Colts and the Vikes last year and he looked horrible in both games. Moreover, last year's stats suggest that the Vikes have essentially obtained a QB who is at best as good as T-Jack and more likely worse. Here are the stats:

Sage Rosenfels: 116 completions in 174 attempts for 1431 yds. Sage had a completion percentage of 66.7 with 8.22 yds/attempt and a long of 61 yards. Sage threw for 6 tds and a td percentage of 3.4 with 10 INTs with an interception percentage of 5.7 and was sacked 9 times for a loss of 58 yards and a QB rating of 79.5.

Tarvaris Jackson: 88 completions in 149 attempts for 1056 yds. T-Jack had a completion percentage of 59.1 with 7.09 yds/attempt and a long of 59 yards. T-Jack threw for 9 tds and a td percentage of 6.0 with 2 INTs with an interception percentage of 1.3 and was sacked 14 times for a loss of 97 yards and a QB rating of 95.4.

Based on those stats and what I saw last year, Sage is not an upgrade or competent to make the Vikes a Super Bowl caliber team.

Agreed 100%

elsid13
03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Just to be a wise-ass, I guess we could say that if Jay was a great as some fans play him out to be, maybe we'd have received a decent offer for him.

If we really put in play in the market don't you think we get multiply offers of 1st rounders for him?

Just because the coach didn't understand Cutler value doesn't mean the rest of FO doesn't

MNPatsFan
03-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Doesn't that make you wonder why he didn't go after Cassell? There were 2 teams interested in him - Den and KC - and no one else. I think folks have tape on him now, know were his weaknesses are and don't feel comfortable have him as starting QB in the league.No, because Childress is determined to show that he made the right choice in trading up in the draft to select T-Jack and that his reputation as a QB guru is still proper. Unfortunately for Vikings fans, Childress has a history of bringing in mediocre QBs for the Vikes and not developing T-Jack or any of the other QBs he has brought in.

Here is a list of the QBs Childress has brought in: Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb, Gus Frerotte, Koy Detmer, J.T. O'Sullivan, Mike McMahon and Drew Henson.:shocked:

Hardwired
03-02-2009, 02:34 PM
In case anyone wants to participate, I found this site:

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 02:57 PM
In case anyone wants to participate, I found this site:

:tsk:

elsid13
03-02-2009, 03:00 PM
:tsk:

Mo I understand that helping developer get women, maybe you should try it.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Mo I understand that helping developer get women, maybe you should try it.

Huh?

elsid13
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Huh?

The website is chick magnet.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
The website is chick magnet.

Building web sites, or THAT web site?

Hardwired
03-02-2009, 03:11 PM
If building websites was a chick magnet, I'd be beating them off. Uh, well, you know what I mean.

elsid13
03-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Building web sites, or THAT web site?

THAT website MO. They like the demon McKid thing and music. You need to build yourself one.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 03:22 PM
THAT website MO. They like the demon McKid thing and music. You need to build yourself one.

I don't think a web site like that is going to help me out much...but that's jmho.

elsid13
03-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't think a web site like that is going to help me out much...but that's jmho.

Dude what do you got to lose. Clay's respect?

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Dude what do you got to lose. Clay's respect?

That is undying.

elsid13
03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
That is undying.

So you really have nothing to lose.

I recommend McKIDISTHEDEVIL.COM. Pics of you playing some thrash music from Northman's collection and BAM! Women throwing themselves at you for fighting the evil tyrant in Dove Valley.

MOtorboat
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM
So you really have nothing to lose.

I recommend McKIDISTHEDEVIL.COM. Pics of you playing some thrash music from Northman's collection and BAM! Women throwing themselves at you for fighting the evil tyrant in Dove Valley.

No, I think mine is stopwhiningjay.com

DenBronx
03-16-2009, 01:01 PM
i still say lets do it.

claymore
03-16-2009, 01:05 PM
i still say lets do it.

Couldnt hurt. We need to do it before we lose Clady and Royal.

CoachChaz
03-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Now suddenly the whole team is going to revolt and leave. This gets silleir by the minute

DenBronx
03-16-2009, 01:07 PM

not even funny clay.

i think i might follow an nfc team for a year.

JONtheBRONCO
03-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Wow... This has gone too far..

DenBronx
03-16-2009, 01:10 PM
yep our offense is screwed. whos even going to want to play for this guy?

why would any free agent in their right mind want to sign with denver now?

claymore
03-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Now suddenly the whole team is going to revolt and leave. This gets silleir by the minute

Why? They are more expendable than Cutler, why cant he trade them?

skycoyote
03-17-2009, 07:39 PM
The showdown between Jay Cutler and the Broncos was avoidable.

Coach Josh McDaniels created a problem in an area where there wasn’t a problem. You have a coach who came in — for some reason — looked at the Broncos roster and decided that the quarterback was the first thing that needed to be fixed. A quarterback who threw 45 touchdown passes over the last two seasons. A quarterback who has evolved and improved his play each season and become a franchise quarterback. A quarterback who made the first of many Pro Bowls.

The offense ranked second in the NFL last season, but the defense ranked 29th. If I was a coach who took over the Broncos, I would say, “If we fix the defense, we are a playoff team.”

That’s why you hire Mike Nolan. Instead, McDaniels the let the genie out of the bottle and might not be able to get it back.

Cutler is well liked by his teammates and formed a bond with Brandon Marshall. Veterans such as Brandon Stokley and Daniel Graham, along with some of the younger guys such as Tony Scheffler and Eddie Royal, have blossomed because Cutler was able to grasp Mike Shanahan’s system — which isn’t easy. Cutler could have learned McDaniels’ system, but wasn’t given a chance under an administration which instead went after a familiar quarterback, Matt Cassel. Cutler has established himself as a franchise quarterback for the Broncos in such a short period of time. Cassel was good last year, but he wouldn’t have been 10-5 without Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Bill Belichick as the coach.

That was insulting to Cutler.

But McDaniels didn’t think it through, and didn’t have a backup plan if the Cassel deal didn’t work out. Now where do they go?

They can’t get that genie back in the bottle. They can’t appease Cutler in any way. Cutler took the first step and set up a conference call and that went awry. Cutler reported for voluntary mini-camps and agreed to meet with the coach and owner. That went awry. Now, twice they have tried to bring all of the parties together and it didn’t work out. What could the Broncos possibly say now that they haven’t said in those meetings? And why would Cutler ever believe them?

The Broncos have to trade Cutler, or both the coach and quarterback will be questioned after every loss.

Of all of the Broncos’ options, I like Cleveland and Brady Quinn as an option. Quinn grew up under Charlie Weis‘ system and comes highly recommended. He has the arm strength and can make throws. But more importantly, he is a guy who can stand up in front of the media and win over the local people with his charm and charisma that would help the fans move on. There are other teams that will be mentioned, like Detroit, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Houston. Coach Gary Kubiak runs Shanahan’s system, the same system Cutler was reared in. He’s going to get a lot of interest. If you asked most GMs, I would think they would be unanimous in saying that Cutler is a franchise quarterback.

Well, everybody except for Denver.

– Solomon Wilcots

jrelway
03-17-2009, 08:03 PM
yup. fire the ******** and let mike nolan take over as head coach.

getlynched47
03-17-2009, 08:30 PM
McDaniels is a sorry excuse for an NFL head coach...

way to go Bowlen :rolleyes:

DenBronx
03-17-2009, 08:41 PM
yup. fire the ******** and let mike nolan take over as head coach.

at least nolan has wisdom. seriously id gladly accept nolan as a HC over McDingDong

bcbronc
03-17-2009, 08:48 PM
at least nolan has wisdom. seriously id gladly accept nolan as a HC over McDingDong

great, then we'd have Alex Smith at qb. :rolleyes:

getlynched47
03-17-2009, 08:54 PM
great, then we'd have Alex Smith at qb. :rolleyes:

sure we would :coffee:

atwater27
03-17-2009, 09:28 PM
This post is from a thread that just got deleted, but is worth reposting....

If we want to get into a gay ass pissing contest about who is a 'fan' or not, the bigger fan is the one who actually roots for the broncos 'player' who has been there 3 seasons and sides with him over the unproven toughguy coach who hasn't coached one single goddamned down in Denver.

atwater27
03-17-2009, 09:29 PM
And by the way mods, would you stop deleting deleting threads left and right.

Denver27og
03-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Cassel for Cutler?? omg thats like robert traylor for dirk nowitski... fire mcd and hire nolan?? can we really do that? im all for that.. cuz if we trade cutler.. man after the past few years... its gonna be hard to stay a broncos fan... wtf.. its like a bad dream... but im not waking up

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 09:36 PM
McDaniels isn't getting fired now, so we're stuck with him. I'm not ready to call for his head until Denver proves to be completely inept in-season. Let's see how he can rally the troops on Sundays first and if the Defense is any better, make adjustments in game and... yes, get pressure on opposing QBs.

If Denver makes the playoffs, with or without Cutler, many people here calling him McDipshit will be smooching his ass.

getlynched47
03-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Cassel for Cutler?? omg thats like robert traylor for dirk nowitski... fire mcd and hire nolan?? can we really do that? im all for that.. cuz if we trade cutler.. man after the past few years... its gonna be hard to stay a broncos fan... wtf.. its like a bad dream... but im not waking up

I see where you're coming from. I would have never imagined this offseason spiraling out of control like this. At least in the Mike Shanahan era it would never happen...

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 09:45 PM
At least in the Mike Shanahan era it would never happen...

Agreed, but then Denver's defense would be the league's laughing stock for 3 years in a row, the same uninspired, undisciplined, leaderless play, rampant injuries, several big blowouts, devastating home losses, 8-8 or worse... with Shanahan being removed next year in 2010.

lex
03-17-2009, 09:56 PM
McDaniels isn't getting fired now, so we're stuck with him. I'm not ready to call for his head until Denver proves to be completely inept in-season. Let's see how he can rally the troops on Sundays first and if the Defense is any better, make adjustments in game and... yes, get pressure on opposing QBs.

If Denver makes the playoffs, with or without Cutler, many people here calling him McDipshit will be smooching his ass.

Im not ready to waste a season on this jerkface. He better have his shit together out of the gate. He has given himself zero margin for error with the fanbase. I hope he's prepared to hear his family complaining that they are being treated like crap because he has thoroughly fubarred everything and because Glenfiddich Bowlen let it happen.

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Agreed, but then Denver's defense would be the league's laughing stock for 3 years in a row, the same uninspired, undisciplined, leaderless play, rampant injuries, several big blowouts, devastating home losses, 8-8 or worse... with Shanahan being removed next year in 2010.

Again Lex, this was the alternative...

Requiem / The Dagda
03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
This thread is awful. I rated it one star. I wish I could have given it zero. McDaniels is the best coach we will ever have. Baaaaaaaank on it.

lex
03-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Again Lex, this was the alternative...

That was not the alternative. It wasnt a choice between Shanahan and McDaniels. There were two phases. Phase 1 was whether or not to fire Shanahan and Phase 2 was who to replace him with.

Shazam!
03-17-2009, 10:41 PM
After the colossal embarassing collapse of 2008 and Shanahan not willing to change DC's again, there was no other alternative Lex. The team wasn't responding.

lex
03-17-2009, 10:44 PM
After the colossal embarassing collapse of 2008 and Shanahan not willing to change DC's again, there was no other alternative Lex. The team wasn't responding.

OK, Im not so much harping on replacing Shanahan. Keeping Slowik was unacceptable. But then phase 2 became who do you replace him with. Thats where it became more than just Shanahan or McDaniels. There were other options besides McDaniels. Rex Ryan, Steve Spagnuolo, etc.

bcbronc
03-17-2009, 10:49 PM
OK, Im not so much harping on replacing Shanahan. Keeping Slowik was unacceptable. But then phase 2 became who do you replace him with. Thats where it became more than just Shanahan or McDaniels. There were other options besides McDaniels. Rex Ryan, Steve Spagnuolo, etc.

aw, man, I didn't even know that guy was available. we so should have got him instead.

*blink*...*blink*

Lonestar
03-17-2009, 10:54 PM
aw, man, I didn't even know that guy was available. we so should have got him instead.

*blink*...*blink*

he was not quite available when we made our decision after his first interview which was reported as really bad..

DenBronx
03-18-2009, 01:58 AM
he was not quite available when we made our decision after his first interview which was reported as really bad..

well so far all that mcdaniels has been is a good interview. spag may not have said all the fancy things and tickled the ears of bowlen but im thinking he will be 10x the coach that mcdaniels ever will be.

Shazam!
03-18-2009, 02:04 AM
Too early to tell that DenB, c'mon... Spags didn't interview well at Denver or even the NYJ, which just would've been a lateral move for him. Those are the facts man. I am still hopeful this ?!@# can be resolved somehow for better or worse and not ready to condemn him.

sneakers
03-18-2009, 04:20 AM
I like it how these threads always start out as jokes, and then they become self-fulfilling prophecies.

atwater27
03-18-2009, 08:12 AM
This thread is awful. I rated it one star. I wish I could have given it zero. McDaniels is the best coach we will ever have. Baaaaaaaank on it.

We just fired the best coach we will ever have. That's already money in the bank. And your avy is awful. I would rate it zero stars as well. It cracked my computer screen.

skycoyote
03-18-2009, 10:17 AM

Sully Sullenberger had a bad interview when they hired him too. But he was a pretty good pilot. While Wonder Boy was "puffing" up his resume and getting professionally coached on interviewing techniques, Steve Spagnuolo and Rex Ryan where busy coaching football players and preparing for the playoffs. I heard Spag showed up in polo shirt and dockers, if he would have shown up in jeans I would have hired him on the spot. :lol:

Overtime
03-18-2009, 02:58 PM
I stand behind McDaniels 100%. Cutler is a whining little toad. Let me ask you this. What if this whole thing was just a test to see how Cutler would react? And if it was, Cutler failed. If the little wuss can't handle having name being discussed in trade talks, and then nothing happened...how can the head coach or the fans, expect this little baby to be able to handle 4th and 17 from the 47 yard line, with no timeouts, 9 seconds on the clock, with the game on the line, and trailing 17-21?

Answer...we can't. Cutler can't handle this, he sure as hell can't handle being in a situation during a game. Trade him to Detroit for this year's #1 and #20, plus Kevin Jones, and let's draft Mark Sanchez and go win a Super Bowl.

Den21vsBal19
03-18-2009, 03:18 PM
I stand behind McDaniels 100%. Cutler is a whining little toad. Let me ask you this. What if this whole thing was just a test to see how Cutler would react? And if it was, Cutler failed. If the little wuss can't handle having name being discussed in trade talks, and then nothing happened...how can the head coach or the fans, expect this little baby to be able to handle 4th and 17 from the 47 yard line, with no timeouts, 9 seconds on the clock, with the game on the line, and trailing 17-21?

Answer...we can't. Cutler can't handle this, he sure as hell can't handle being in a situation during a game. Trade him to Detroit for this year's #1 and #20, plus Kevin Jones, and let's draft Mark Sanchez and go win a Super Bowl.
Interesting thought......................bit extreme..............................but interesting

TXBRONC
03-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Im not ready to waste a season on this jerkface. He better have his shit together out of the gate. He has given himself zero margin for error with the fanbase. I hope he's prepared to hear his family complaining that they are being treated like crap because he has thoroughly fubarred everything and because Glenfiddich Bowlen let it happen.

Lex, I know a lot people are ready right now to have McDaniels run out of town but regardless of what the fan base thinks I have little doubt that he'll get chance to coach this team for more than one season even if this one turns out horrid. I think he could be here anywhere from 2-4 years if things go badly for the team.

DenBronx
03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Lex, I know a lot people are ready right now to have McDaniels run out of town but regardless of what the fan base thinks I have little doubt that he'll get chance to coach this team for more than one season even if this one turns out horrid. I think he could be here anywhere from 2-4 years if things go badly for the team.

im not looking forward to 4 years with this jerkoff as the head coach.

skycoyote
03-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Josh McDaniels flunks first test

Some fellows learn from the mistakes of their mentors. Others duplicate them.

Josh McDaniels appears to be the latter.

Not long after Bill Belichick became head coach of the Cleveland Browns in 1991 he got into a power struggle with starting quarterback Bernie Kosar.

Within two years Belichick had ridden Kosar out of town. While he was right that Kosar was finished, he had no adequate replacement.

Vinny Testaverde [stats] was never the answer anywhere he ever played. Neither were Mike Tomczak, Todd Philcox, Mark Rypien or Eric Zeier. So after four losing seasons in five years Belichick was fired, leaving Cleveland as the second most hated man in Ohio next to owner Art Modell.

Fast forward five years and a wiser Belichick comes to New England and quickly feels about Drew Bledsoe as he did Kosar, but instead of firing him, signs him to a 10-year, $103 million contract. He liked Bledsoe’s style of play no more than Kosar’s but Belichick realized by then what Oakland owner Al Davis used to say was true: “Anybody is replaceable, as long as you have a replacement.”

Davis’ point, which Belichick now understood, was if you don’t have a replacement, especially at quarterback, you wait until you do. For Belichick that came early in his second season when Bledsoe went down with a life-threatening chest injury and Tom Brady [stats] emerged as a clone of Joe Montana. By the next spring, Bledsoe was gone, and Belichick soon after was declared a genius.

Peach-fuzzed Josh McDaniels, the new sheriff in Denver, left New England this winter to become the Broncos head coach and the first thing he did was re-enact Belichick’s fatal mistake in Cleveland. He got in a food fight with his quarterback, Jay Cutler, when he has no replacement for him, and now has a wildfire on his hands. That’s why 32-year-old guys who have never been in charge of a lunch order usually aren’t named CEO of anything.

Cutler told friends McDaniels is a liar for denying having made calls to Tampa Bay to try to trade him in a three-way deal McDaniels erroneously thought would bring him Matt Cassel. If you are going to try that kind of preemptive strike on a quarterback who just threw for 4,200 yards and went to the Pro Bowl with no running game to help him, you better pull the trigger, because if you don’t the gun will blow up in your face.

That is what happened to McDaniels, who looks like a coach who needs training wheels rather than a company car.

Cutler told associates close to the situation he will not return to Denver until the Broncos publicly admit they initiated calls to Tampa Bay to trade him, something McDaniels still denies but Cutler has confirmed to his own satisfaction.

A final face-to-face meeting over the weekend went even worse, and McDaniels apparently is so tone deaf he insists he can’t understand why Cutler looks at him the way Bernie Madoff’s old customers view that scalawag.

Less than two months into his tenure as a head coach, a stubborn kid who doesn’t understand the difference between the words “manage” and “dictate” believes he knows more about quarterbacking than the departed Mike Shanahan, who still believes Cutler will be a star in the NFL.

Because of it, McDaniels left his new team bereft at the most important position in the game.

The Broncos struggled last year not because they had no offense. They struggled because they had no defense. So McDaniels’ first move isn’t to shore up the defense. It’s to tear down the offense. With that plan he always can get a job at AIG if things don’t work out in Denver.

At the end of last season, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen announced “I’m in charge” and said the team was Cutler’s. Barely three months later, no one is in charge, Cutler is demanding a trade, McDaniels botched the situation so badly any trade would be a fire sale and Shanahan is collecting $21 million from the Broncos to watch this mess unfold from his pool deck.

Ever wonder sometimes how guys like Pat Bowlen ever got rich enough to buy a football, let alone a football team?

by Ron Borges Boston Herald

TXBRONC
03-18-2009, 03:47 PM
im not looking forward to 4 years with this jerkoff as the head coach.

I see 4 years as the max but only if Denver doesn't get any worse. If they do quite easily I could see him being gone sooner. He going have turn things around within three years. I don't want him to fail, I really don't but if this team struggles he will be fortunate to make it four years.

fcspikeit
03-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Josh McDaniels flunks first test

Some fellows learn from the mistakes of their mentors. Others duplicate them.

Josh McDaniels appears to be the latter.

Not long after Bill Belichick became head coach of the Cleveland Browns in 1991 he got into a power struggle with starting quarterback Bernie Kosar.

Within two years Belichick had ridden Kosar out of town. While he was right that Kosar was finished, he had no adequate replacement.

Vinny Testaverde [stats] was never the answer anywhere he ever played. Neither were Mike Tomczak, Todd Philcox, Mark Rypien or Eric Zeier. So after four losing seasons in five years Belichick was fired, leaving Cleveland as the second most hated man in Ohio next to owner Art Modell.

Fast forward five years and a wiser Belichick comes to New England and quickly feels about Drew Bledsoe as he did Kosar, but instead of firing him, signs him to a 10-year, $103 million contract. He liked Bledsoe’s style of play no more than Kosar’s but Belichick realized by then what Oakland owner Al Davis used to say was true: “Anybody is replaceable, as long as you have a replacement.”

Davis’ point, which Belichick now understood, was if you don’t have a replacement, especially at quarterback, you wait until you do. For Belichick that came early in his second season when Bledsoe went down with a life-threatening chest injury and Tom Brady [stats] emerged as a clone of Joe Montana. By the next spring, Bledsoe was gone, and Belichick soon after was declared a genius.

Peach-fuzzed Josh McDaniels, the new sheriff in Denver, left New England this winter to become the Broncos head coach and the first thing he did was re-enact Belichick’s fatal mistake in Cleveland. He got in a food fight with his quarterback, Jay Cutler, when he has no replacement for him, and now has a wildfire on his hands. That’s why 32-year-old guys who have never been in charge of a lunch order usually aren’t named CEO of anything.

Cutler told friends McDaniels is a liar for denying having made calls to Tampa Bay to try to trade him in a three-way deal McDaniels erroneously thought would bring him Matt Cassel. If you are going to try that kind of preemptive strike on a quarterback who just threw for 4,200 yards and went to the Pro Bowl with no running game to help him, you better pull the trigger, because if you don’t the gun will blow up in your face.

That is what happened to McDaniels, who looks like a coach who needs training wheels rather than a company car.

Cutler told associates close to the situation he will not return to Denver until the Broncos publicly admit they initiated calls to Tampa Bay to trade him, something McDaniels still denies but Cutler has confirmed to his own satisfaction.

A final face-to-face meeting over the weekend went even worse, and McDaniels apparently is so tone deaf he insists he can’t understand why Cutler looks at him the way Bernie Madoff’s old customers view that scalawag.

Less than two months into his tenure as a head coach, a stubborn kid who doesn’t understand the difference between the words “manage” and “dictate” believes he knows more about quarterbacking than the departed Mike Shanahan, who still believes Cutler will be a star in the NFL.

Because of it, McDaniels left his new team bereft at the most important position in the game.

The Broncos struggled last year not because they had no offense. They struggled because they had no defense. So McDaniels’ first move isn’t to shore up the defense. It’s to tear down the offense. With that plan he always can get a job at AIG if things don’t work out in Denver.

At the end of last season, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen announced “I’m in charge” and said the team was Cutler’s. Barely three months later, no one is in charge, Cutler is demanding a trade, McDaniels botched the situation so badly any trade would be a fire sale and Shanahan is collecting $21 million from the Broncos to watch this mess unfold from his pool deck.

Ever wonder sometimes how guys like Pat Bowlen ever got rich enough to buy a football, let alone a football team?

by Ron Borges Boston Herald

"If you are going to try that kind of preemptive strike on a quarterback who just threw for 4,200 yards and went to the Pro Bowl with no running game to help him, you better pull the trigger, because if you don’t the gun will blow up in your face."

One would have thought he would have actually looked up how many yards Cutler threw for... :tsk:

atwater27
03-18-2009, 07:53 PM
I stand behind McDaniels 100%. Cutler is a whining little toad. Let me ask you this. What if this whole thing was just a test to see how Cutler would react? .

That, sir, was a complete and utter failure of thought. Try rebooting your brain and try again.

Buff
03-18-2009, 07:54 PM
That, sir, was a complete and utter failure of thought. Try rebooting your brain and try again.

I actually agree with the overtime on standing behind McDaniels... But this is funny, I don't care who you are.

skycoyote
03-18-2009, 10:22 PM

Ha Ha Ha:laugh: that is funny. That statement can apply to anyone on this board--especially myself.:lol::lol::lol:

skycoyote
03-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Mark Fuery, Boston Sports Examiner

With each passing day the train wreck that is the Jay Cutler/Josh McDaniels conflict seems to get worse and worse. It is now at the point where Denver may be forced to trade their 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback............

Note: I omitted the trade with Cassel part we've all heard it before.

...It was at that moment when the world saw why some were skeptical about McDaniels’ readiness for a head coaching position. He walked into a situation where he had a star quarterback who has nearly unlimited physical ability, yet he tried to send him packing for someone with significantly less talent.

However, the significant downgrade that the deal would have brought is not the biggest problem with the whole situation. The fact that the team somehow let these rumors out after the deal didn’t get completed is the biggest problem.

Now McDaniels has a much bigger problem on his hands than having a quarterback who doesn’t fit his style as well as he would like. Instead he may not have a quarterback at all.

Since John Elway retired following the 1998 season, the Broncos have been looking for a franchise quarterback. They have brought in numerous quarterbacks who have achieved marginal success at best. That is, until they drafted Cutler.

Since he took the starting job late in 2006, Cutler has steadily improved. This past season he threw 25 touchdowns while being selected to his first Pro Bowl.

Of course, Cutler does make his share of mistakes, as does any young quarterback, but you can’t overlook what he did this season. The Broncos had one of the worst defenses in the NFL and had seven running backs placed in injured reserve, yet they still came one win away from a division title. There was one reason why they were that close to the playoffs: Jay Cutler.

Now it seems like the damage is irreversible. Cutler wants out, and the Broncos may soon be searching for another franchise quarterback. But they do have one other option; one that seems like a no-brainer.

Fire Josh McDaniels.

That’s right, fire the young “prodigy” who has yet to coach a game. It is far from an ideal situation as they would have to find another coach so soon before the draft, but it is better than the alternative.

For the past decade the Broncos have been looking for Elway’s replacement, now that they have him they can’t let some unproven coach throw it away.

If they keep McDaniels and deal Cutler it may be 10 more years before they get another player like him. Average quarterbacks can be found easily, even the Lions managed to get Jon Kitna, but franchise quarterbacks with a golden arm are a little harder to come by. The Broncos are well aware of this.

Keep the stud quarterback and find a coach who won’t destroy the team before coaching a game

CoachChaz
03-19-2009, 02:08 PM
The thing that doesnt get mentioned is that Denver has been looking for Elway's replacement because Shanny needed one. Maybe...just maybe...there is an offensive system out there that doesnt require an Elway or Cutler.

turftoad
03-19-2009, 02:14 PM
The thing that doesnt get mentioned is that Denver has been looking for Elway's replacement because Shanny needed one. Maybe...just maybe...there is an offensive system out there that doesnt require an Elway or Cutler.

Very true Coach.
However, In NE, Brady is a great QB, took them to the playoffs many, many times. Enter Cassel, don't make the playoffs.

There is a difference.

Any system is better with a better QB.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Very true Coach.
However, In NE, Brady is a great QB, took them to the playoffs many, many times. Enter Cassel, don't make the playoffs.

There is a difference.

It was a total fluke that an 11-5 team does not make the playoffs.

turftoad
03-19-2009, 02:21 PM
It was a total fluke that an 11-5 team does not make the playoffs.

If and I say if Brady would have stayed healthy they probably would have.

CoachChaz
03-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Very true Coach.

There is a difference.

Not the best guage. I mean...who knew a limited talent 6th round draft choice would flourish like Brady has? Would he be equally effective in the WCO? Who knows.

As far as Cassel not taking them to the playoffs, I think it's rare that an 11-5 team goes home and a 8-8 team wins a division. That really doesnt have much to do with capability as it does with coincidental luck.

NightTrainLayne
03-19-2009, 02:23 PM

Well sure Turf, but it was Cassel's first year as a starter. I can't imagine a scenario where you could even dream beforehand that the situation would have worked out that well replacing Brady with a backup that hadn't started since high school.

DenBronx
03-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Cutler needs to fire Bus Cook. The guy is giving him terrible advice and Cutler isnt mature enough to see it. If he would have came in and played lights out this year there's no way the Broncos would not have redone his contract. All Cutler had to do is show up last Monday and all of this would have been put to rest. Cook is the mastermind behind the sabotage. Even though McDaniels made a huge mistake I think Cook seized the moment.

I really hate sports agents.

CoachChaz
03-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Remember when we were kids and we could just have "do-overs". Kinda wish we could go back 2 weeks and try that

turftoad
03-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Well sure Turf, but it was Cassel's first year as a starter. I can't imagine a scenario where you could even dream beforehand that the situation would have worked out that well replacing Brady with a backup that hadn't started since high school.

I understand that.

My whole point is that no matter what system a team runs, it'll always run better with a better QB.

Cutler is better than Cassel, I think we can all agree on that.

Cassel, just like Cutler will only get better in time.

On the other hand, is Cassel ONLY a system QB??

I guess we;ll find out when the season starts.

turftoad
03-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Remember when we were kids and we could just have "do-overs". Kinda wish we could go back 2 weeks and try that

Us, Cutler and the front office.

NightTrainLayne
03-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Cutler needs to fire Bus Cook. The guy is giving him terrible advice and Cutler isnt mature enough to see it. If he would have came in and played lights out this year there's no way the Broncos would not have redone his contract. All Cutler had to do is show up last Monday and all of this would have been put to rest. Cook is the mastermind behind the sabotage. Even though McDaniels made a huge mistake I think Cook seized the moment.

I have a feeling that had McDaniels not made a mis-step here, that eventually something would have come up that would have prompted this.

I think that Cook was just waiting for something to push this issue. The reports that he/Cutler/whoever were asking for a trade as soon as Shanny was fired fits with this very well.

I think they were looking for the first excuse to disagree with the new coach, and in the process make him look bad, and then play this card.

I could certainly be wrong, but it just has that feel.

CoachChaz
03-19-2009, 02:34 PM
I have a feeling that had McDaniels not made a mis-step here, that eventually something would have come up that would have prompted this.

I think that Cook was just waiting for something to push this issue. The reports that he/Cutler/whoever were asking for a trade as soon as Shanny was fired fits with this very well.

I think they were looking for the first excuse to disagree with the new coach, and in the process make him look bad, and then play this card.

I could certainly be wrong, but it just has that feel.

Just one of the million possible scenarios that likely...none of us will never hear the truth on.

CoachChaz
03-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I understand that.

My whole point is that no matter what system a team runs, it'll always run better with a better QB.

Cutler is better than Cassel, I think we can all agree on that.

Cassel, just like Cutler will only get better in time.

On the other hand, is Cassel ONLY a system QB??

I guess we;ll find out when the season starts.

I dont think anyone would disagree that Cutler is more talented and skilled. I guess I see it this way. Cassell did pretty well for his first season and it stands to reason that more time in the sytem could produce even more results. That being said, would I be willing to trade a stud QB for a good QB IF by doing this, I could also add more players we need and end up with the same team results?

In a heartbeat I would.

turftoad
03-19-2009, 02:41 PM
I dont think anyone would disagree that Cutler is more talented and skilled. I guess I see it this way. Cassell did pretty well for his first season and it stands to reason that more time in the sytem could produce even more results. That being said, would I be willing to trade a stud QB for a good QB IF by doing this, I could also add more players we need and end up with the same team results?

In a heartbeat I would.

I know where you are comming from. But............. Cassel is water under the bridge now.
There isn't anyone else out there that I would even concider. But........ we may not have a choice and that scares me.

A horse shit defense and a mediocre QB............... uhg

Denver Native (Carol)
I posted the following in another thread, but feel it also serves it's purpose here:

From the transcript on the day Bowlen/Shanahan held the press conference in regards to Shanahan being fired:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11346088

On whether he has talked with any of the players and gotten their reactions

"I talked to (QB) Jay Cutler, and Jay understood the conversation. I talked to him this morning. I didn't get any negative feedback. I think he understands enough about the business of football, the game of football, that there are going to be coaching changes and changes in organizations. I didn't sense that Jay had any negative feelings about it, and I'm sure he is very interested in who is going to be the next head coach. Obviously, he is the man around here now, so I will be talking with Jay."

Also, in the transcript:

On the stability of Vice President of Football Operations/Player Personnel Jim Goodman

"Jim Goodman has his job, and he will have his job." :tsk:

Just WHAT IN THE HELL happened after this press conference to totally go a different direction from what Bowlen stated in the press conference?????

BroncoJoe

In a heartbeat I would.

To not at least listen to an offer would be asinine.

skycoyote
03-19-2009, 02:45 PM

I don't like attorney's either. However, if Jay does come back that won't change fact that McD is still the coach and the fact that Belichick disciples have all failed in there coaching attempts. I just won't buy into the argument that a 32 yr old with 3 yrs as an assistant coach, 3 more as an assistant to the assistant and 1 year as a film splicer can coach a NFL football team. No I'm not buying it. He thinks he knows more about QB's than Shanahan. When Shanahan was coaching John Elway in the superbowl, McDaniels was selling plastic containers or something like that (I'll need clarification on that) but I know he wasn't in the NFL. Anyhow I just say cut our loss' now and move on. I heard Jim Fassel is still availble.

claymore
03-19-2009, 02:45 PM

I will trade you a skateboard for your Tacoma.

turftoad
03-19-2009, 02:46 PM

Listening would have been fine Joe. But McD TRIED to trade Jay, got caught, said he didn't, then later admitted he did.

As far as Jay goes, thats his biggest issue. Trust !!

McD showed is immaturity/inexperience as a head coach by doing that.

Jay shows his by not being able to get over it.

CoachChaz
03-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Listening would have been fine Joe. But McD TRIED to trade Jay, got caught, said he didn't, then later admitted he did.

As far as Jay goes, thats his biggest issue. Trust !!

McD showed is immaturity/inexperience as a head coach by doing that.

Jay shows his by not being able to get over it.

Can someone show a link to the quote where McD said he TRIED to trade Jay and then admitted to lying?

Not saying it doesnt exist, just dont remember reading it. TIA

BroncoJoe
03-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Can someone show a link to the quote where McD said he TRIED to trade Jay and then admitted to lying?

Ditto. They're hanging their hats on what he told Peter King - that they got into the conversation too late.

Still doesn't mean that they would have.

CoachChaz
03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Ditto. They're hanging their hats on what he told Peter King - that they got into the conversation too late.

Still doesn't mean that they would have.

or that they tried...but like I said, I'm more than happy to read that quote from McD. I just dont recall seeing it.

DenBronx
03-19-2009, 03:49 PM

all parties involved need a do-over. too many egos and too much pride in the way and no one wants to back down. the only ones that are going to suffer are the fans and these guys will just keep getting richer.

turftoad
03-19-2009, 03:51 PM
all parties involved need a do-over. too many egos and too much pride in the way and no one wants to back down. the only ones that are going to suffer are the fans and these guys will just keep getting richer.

Great post Den.

NameUsedBefore
03-19-2009, 03:51 PM
or that they tried...but like I said, I'm more than happy to read that quote from McD. I just dont recall seeing it.

I believe the quote is McD saying he "he came in late" into the trade talks.

That contradicts the original position, which was that he was just fielding calls.

Medford Bronco
03-19-2009, 03:53 PM

If Brady stays healthy they would have won the Super Bowl most likely.

TXBRONC
03-19-2009, 03:54 PM

McDaniels put Cutler on the market he said so himself to Peter King just recently.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2009, 03:55 PM
McDaniels put Cutler on the market he said so himself to Peter King just recently.

Post it. That is not my impression of what he said, or what I have read.

turftoad
03-19-2009, 04:00 PM

I don't know where the whole article is but this is what was in the article. And no, it want Peter King, I htink it may have been Reggie Rivers.

This what Josh told Jay.

"Cutler also said that he felt like he could no longer trust McDaniels since, at first, the coach told him that he didn’t try to trade for Cassel, who was ultimately traded from the New England Patriots to the Kansas City Chiefs, only to later acknowledge that actually was the case.

That, my friend is McDanials lying.

TXBRONC
03-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Post it. That is not my impression of what he said, or what I have read.

It's already posted in another thread.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2009, 04:01 PM
It's already posted in another thread.

Where?