PDA

View Full Version : We are shopping CUTLER!!!

Pages : [1] 2

underrated29
02-28-2009, 04:13 PM
I know we have the other thead. But this just pissed me off even more!

UP yours McD.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/broncos.cutler.nfl.2.946829.html

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 04:16 PM
WOW .....Just WOW......
I'm speechless!
WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!?

NameUsedBefore
02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow.

shank
02-28-2009, 04:19 PM
now can we say **** mcxanders?

Italianmobstr7
What the ****!!!?

Magnificent Seven
I dont think they will do it. Pat Bowlen cherishes Cutler.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-28-2009, 04:20 PM
This is definitely NOT good :tsk:

honz
02-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Dear lord. This is gonna get ugly. I'll bet good money that rumors are running rampant and that we have no intentions of trading Cutler. Cutler will be a Bronco next season.

shank
02-28-2009, 04:22 PM
if there's no truth to these rumors, mccoach better make it damned clear to cutler that that's the case ASAP

warcrychief
:salute:Cutler:salute: :laugh:

turftoad
McKid and the X man better be watching thier backs. The fans will not like this shit.

underrated29
02-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Yes. I am sure that BOWLEN will never let Jay get away, but the simple fact that we did this is just beyond FUBAR right now....

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Ya I kinda think this is BS speculation and spin to me. Xanders denies we are shopping him. Like the other thread says, the Lions and Bucs made calls to the Broncos to see if we'd trade for Cassel. We said no. That doesn't equate to "shopping" him. Cutler is pissed, and Lombardi is running with it....

Magnificent Seven
02-28-2009, 04:24 PM
starting to dislike mcdaniels

tubby
02-28-2009, 04:25 PM
:rofl:

underrated29
Ya I kinda think this is BS speculation and spin to me. Xanders denies we are shopping him. Like the other thread says, the Lions and Bucs made calls to the Broncos to see if we'd trade for Cassel. We said no. That doesn't equate to "shopping" him. Cutler is pissed, and Lombardi is running with it....

I hope you are right and thats exactly the case.

KCL
This is interesting news...They (Denver) thought they had a deal worked out that would have brought Cassell to Denver.

New coach isn't wanting to keep Cutler in Denver.Wonder why? Well he did come from the Pats.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 04:26 PM
This is interesting news...They (Denver) thought they had a deal worked out that would have brought Cassell to Denver.

New coach isn't wanting to keep Cutler in Denver.Wonder why? Well he did come from the Pats.

Because new coach wants to win.

Devilspawn
02-28-2009, 04:26 PM
The Lions just traded Kitna to Dallas. I know Kitna wasn't the guaranteed starter, and perhaps all of this is just to make hearts beat faster, but still, it's news that it's even brought up.

How hands on is Bowlen? Is he renegade enough to slap McDaniels at the very thought?

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 04:27 PM
For those thinking this is just BS....

read the link!

Cutler even comments that he is aware of whats going on and he does not like it!

THIS IS FU**ED!!!!

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 04:28 PM

If its all just spin and this doesn't equate to shopping, then why be pissed if your Cutler?
If the Broncos weren't serious, and were just the listeners, then why be upset?

Mike
02-28-2009, 04:28 PM

Yeah, the second coming of Scott Mitchell would have helped with that. :rolleyes:

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:29 PM

That's stretching it.

I don't think it's he didn't want to keep Cutler, I think he wanted the opportunity to bring in his guy.

Now that Cassel is with KC, you won't hear anything more about trying to trade cutler.

warcrychief
02-28-2009, 04:29 PM

:beer:

honz
02-28-2009, 04:30 PM

read the link!

Cutler even comments that he is aware of whats going on and he does not like it!

THIS IS FU**ED!!!!

He said he is aware that trade talks went on...how do we know he wasn't talking about the whole Cassel thing?

Timmy!

read the link!

THIS IS FU**ED!!!!

Maybe you should re-read it yourself. Cutler is aware that trade talks have taken place. Ya...as in the deal for Cassel..that didn't happen, and of coruse he didn't like it. Nobody can confirm the Broncos are making calls to trade Cutler, but it's confirmed they received a couple, but the deal was declined. Do you honestly think we would have traded Cutler for anybody but Cassel? (not that I'd be for the trade). Denver media...spin spin spin.....

nevcraw
Lombardi didn't offer anymore than was already reported..

But - I will say That the Mcxanadoo team better do some serous spin control.. This is a why young leadership can sometimes be a detriment. Not used to dealing with the media and the rumors.. GET it together.. before this really creats a impassable devide..

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Why does this surprise anyone? Its a given every year when teams get new coaches, that the new coaches want some of their "own" guys.

McDaniels knows Cassell, knows his ability, knows his attitude, and obviously saw him go 11-5 last year in a tough division.

This is no shocker to me.

Now that the news is out though, it also won't surprise me to see Cutler's head really go in the tank this year.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 04:33 PM
He said he is aware that trade talks went on...how do we know he wasn't talking about the whole Cassel thing?

taken straight from the article.....

Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi has learned the Broncos are actively trying to shop Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler. Lombardi spoke to Cutler this morning. "I've heard the rumors," Cutler said. "I know what they're trying to do. Even though I love Denver and I'd love to remain a Bronco, I know how this business works. If they want me to play somewhere else, so be it."

He states.....
"I know what they are trying to do"
not
"I know what they tried to do"

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 04:34 PM
If its all just spin and this doesn't equate to shopping, then why be pissed if your Cutler?
If the Broncos weren't serious, and were just the listeners, then why be upset?

Easy, put yourself in Cutler's shoes. You're a franchise quarterback with a big ego, a whole new coaching staff has been brought in, they got rid of "your" guy (our old OC), this didn't make you happy. On the 1st day of FA the new regime has been bringing in several of "their" guys. Now teams are calling to offer the new head coaches "guy" for you. You weren't happy to begin with, think this is going to sit well?

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Maybe you should re-read it yourself. Cutler is aware that trade talks have taken place. Ya...as in the deal for Cassel..that didn't happen, and of coruse he didn't like it. Nobody can confirm the Broncos are making calls to trade Cutler, but it's confirmed they received a couple, but the deal was declined. Do you honestly think we would have traded Cutler for anybody but Cassel? (not that I'd be for the trade). Denver media...spin spin spin.....

Broncos Shopping Jay Cutler
Text 4broncos to 66247 sign up for CBS4 Broncos text alerts More Info
Reporting
Vic Lombardi
DENVER (CBS4) ―

Blockbuster breaking news concerning the Denver Broncos.

Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi has learned the Broncos are actively trying to shop Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler. Lombardi spoke to Cutler this morning. "I've heard the rumors," Cutler said. "I know what they're trying to do. Even though I love Denver and I'd love to remain a Bronco, I know how this business works. If they want me to play somewhere else, so be it."

The Broncos had a three-way deal in the works late last night with the Patriots and Buccaneers. The proposed trade would've sent Cutler to Tampa and Matt Cassel to Denver. That deal fell apart when Cassel was traded to the Chiefs earlier this morning.

Now the Broncos are turning to other teams in an effort to trade Cutler, possibly the Detroit Lions.

CBS4 has also learned tight end Tony Scheffler has also been mentioned in trade talks.

When contacted by CBS4 this afternoon, Broncos GM Brian Xanders denied any plans to trade Cutler.

However, Cutler confirmed to CBS4 that he is aware that trade talks have taken place.

news broke: Feb 28, 2009 2:03 pm US/Mountain

KCL
02-28-2009, 04:38 PM

Looks like Denver decided against it but by then Cassell had already been sent to KC....Who really knows what the whole story is...talks and rumors.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Terrible article by Lombardi.

They are not trying to trade Jay Cutler.

McDaniels investigated a possibility to get his guy for his system and it fell through. They are not continuing to try and trade him.

honz
02-28-2009, 04:39 PM
taken straight from the article.....

He states.....
"I know what they are trying to do"
not
"I know what they tried to do"

Right, but it also says that they talked this morning. None of us really know for sure, but I'm just skeptical.

Tned
02-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Reporting
Vic Lombardi
DENVER (CBS4) ―

The Broncos had a three-way deal in the works late last night with the Patriots and Buccaneers. The proposed trade would've sent Cutler to Tampa and Matt Cassel to Denver. That deal fell apart when Cassel was traded to the Chiefs earlier this morning.

Now the Broncos are turning to other teams in an effort to trade Cutler, possibly the Detroit Lions.

CBS4 has also learned tight end Tony Scheffler has also been mentioned in trade talks.

When contacted by CBS4 this afternoon, Broncos GM Brian Xanders denied any plans to trade Cutler.

However, Cutler confirmed to CBS4 that he is aware that trade talks have taken place.

news broke: Feb 28, 2009 2:03 pm US/Mountain

Other than the Scheffler comment, this looks like a repackaging of what Scheffter reported.

So, are they 'actively' shopping him, or is CBS trying to make headlines from Scheffter's report?

dogfish
02-28-2009, 04:40 PM
What the ****ing hell???

this is turning into a complete debacle!

:mad:

bowlen needs to slap some sense into his new "braintrust". . . .

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Reporting
Vic Lombardi
DENVER (CBS4) ―

Way to cut and paste the link. Good job Mcfly.

:rolleyes:

Again, there is no confirmation that the Broncos are actively shopping him. Lombardi can say whatever he wants to create an uproar, and he's doing a fine job. Cutler is aware of the Cassel trade that fell through and is pissed. We know this already. I'd be shocked if we traded him for anybody but Cassel, and now that won't happen. Cracks me up that it has everybody's panties in a bunch. I guess that's how you create web traffic though....

Mike
Terrible article by Lombardi.

They are not trying to trade Jay Cutler.

McDaniels investigated a possibility to get his guy for his system and it fell through. They are not continuing to try and trade him.

How do you know?

Right now nothing is certain. It wouldn't surprise me, though, that he is being shopped once the cat was out of the bag regarding Cassels. It just seems to me that once Pandora's Box is opened, there is no going back.

Denver Native (Carol)
OK - so the Broncos were approached in regards to trading Cutler - so when they were approached, hopefully, the Broncos said no, he is not available, but we would entertain other offers.

Watchthemiddle
ha ha ha...I told all of you the local media doesn't like Cutler....

Now look what they are doing...:laugh:

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Other than the Scheffler comment, this looks like a repackaging of what Scheffter reported.

So, are they 'actively' shopping him, or is CBS trying to make headlines from Scheffter's report?

Winner!

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 04:42 PM
REPORTS: BRONCOS ENTERTAINED TRADING CUTLER
Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:22 PM
Adam Schefter of NFL Network and Vic Lombardi of CBS4 in Denver report that the Broncos have been shopping quarterback Jay Cutler.

Per both reports, the Bucs and Broncos were trying to swing a three-way deal pursuant to which Matt Cassel would have been traded from the Pats to the Broncos, Cutler would have gone from Denver to Tampa, and the Patriots would have been compensated presumably by the Buccaneers.

According to Schefter, the Lions also approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler.

And here's where it gets interesting. Schefter's version creates the impression that the Broncos didn't initiate the talks, and merely responded to the offers presented. Vic Lombardi's version suggests that the Broncos were and are shopping the eleventh overall pick in the 2006 draft.

"I've heard the rumors," Cutler told Vic Lombardi. "I know what they're trying to do. Even though I love Denver and I'd love to remain a Bronco, I know how this business works. If they want me to play somewhere else, so be it."

Despite Cutler's generally P.C. comments, Schefter contends that Cutler was angered by the news.

There's a consensus in league circles that Cutler has plateaued after showing some improvement early in the 2008 season. He has been criticized in some circles for having a nonchalant demeanor.

The reality is that, whenever there's a new coach, there's a chance that he'll want to pick his own quarterback. Regardless of whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks, the fact that the Broncos said anything other than "hell no" suggests that new coach Josh McDaniels wants to go in a different direction.

http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:43 PM
How do you know?

Right now nothing is certain. It wouldn't surprise me, though, that he is being shopped once the cat was out of the bag regarding Cassels. It just seems to me that once Pandora's Box is opened, there is no going back.

They are actively trying to trade Cutler because some teams called and asked if he would be interested in bringing his QB from last year and he considered it?

He isn't going to trade Cutler and go with a QB like Jeff Garcia. I would have to see that to believe it.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Way to cut and paste the link. Good job Mcfly.

Again, there is no confirmation that the Broncos are actively shopping him. Lombardi can say whatever he wants to create an uproar, and he's doing a fine job. Cutler is aware of the Cassel trade that fell through and is pissed. We know this already. I'd be shocked if we traded him for anybody but Cassel, and now that won't happen. Cracks me up that it has everybody's panties in a bunch. I guess that's how you create web traffic though....

When you totally ignore what the article says ....I felt the notion to bring it to your attention.

I'm just going by what our Broncos reporters are telling us ....
but since you know more than them....
maybe I should start listening to you

McFly!

ChampWJ
02-28-2009, 04:47 PM
If Cutler is traded, I will no longer be a Broncos fan, simple as that. This would be THE most stupid move made by a Denver sports team EVER. Cutler better be our QB or I will personally burn everything I own with a Broncos logo on it.

Every Broncos fan should send CBS4 an outraged email.

KCL
02-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Easy, put yourself in Cutler's shoes. You're a franchise quarterback with a big ego, a whole new coaching staff has been brought in, they got rid of "your" guy (our old OC), this didn't make you happy. On the 1st day of FA the new regime has been bringing in several of "their" guys. Now teams are calling to offer the new head coaches "guy" for you. You weren't happy to begin with, think this is going to sit well?

I understand what you're saying.New guys taking over just like in KC...I was hoping that they would give Thigpen a chance to see what he could do on this team under new coaching/GM and with new players being brought in.Even read that Haley said keeping Gaily could mean good news for Thigpen.And now we learn today that Cassell will be our starter which I have been reading all week the rumor that Pioli wanted him in KC from the start.

fcspikeit
The Lions just traded Kitna to Dallas. I know Kitna wasn't the guaranteed starter, and perhaps all of this is just to make hearts beat faster, but still, it's news that it's even brought up.

How hands on is Bowlen? Is he renegade enough to slap McDaniels at the very thought?

If he really is trying to trade Cutler I sure as hell hope he is smart enough to dumb that ******!

honz
How long until the first 'Fire McDaniels' thread pops up? :lol:

Mike
They are actively trying to trade Cutler because some teams called and asked if he would be interested in bringing his QB from last year and he considered it?

He isn't going to trade Cutler and go with a QB like Jeff Garcia. I would have to see that to believe it.

Cutler must have felt it was more than that.

Considering trading your franchise QB...yeah. It is obvious in even considering making such a dumb ass move, that he isn't enthralled with Cutler. He made that clear to us and to Jay. Do you think that is good for the chemistry of the team, locker-room environment? All this does is add turmoil to an already unstable off-season.

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 04:49 PM
That's stretching it.

I don't think it's he didn't want to keep Cutler, I think he wanted the opportunity to bring in his guy.

Now that Cassel is with KC, you won't hear anything more about trying to trade cutler.

The article says they are "actively" trying to shop Cutler..

ChampWJ
02-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Please don't make me burn all of my Broncos gear, I won't have anything left to wear.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:51 PM

Considering trading your franchise QB...yeah. It is obvious in even considering making such a dumb ass move, that he isn't enthralled with Cutler. He made that clear to us and to Jay. Do you think that is good for the chemistry of the team, locker-room environment? All this does is add turmoil to an already unstable off-season.

I agree. It's a fanbase opinion though.

Let's not forget a good majority of the fanbase wanted Elway traded when Denver lost to Jacksonville in the playoffs the year before they won the SuperBowl too.

Fans just want to win. And considering Denver isn't winning, their grasping on to the next best thing. Players.

I will say this though. If McDaniels is trying to trade Cutler, whether he does or not, he better win, and he better win in a hurry, otherwise he's going to have an entire fanbase itching to get him out of Denver.

tomjonesrocks
02-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I don't know what we could get in exchange that would even be worth considering. This seems like a disaster to me.

Perhaps McDaniels feels he can take any QB and make him a star after what he did with Cassel--similar to the way Shanahan feels about RBs...

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:53 PM
The article says they are "actively" trying to shop Cutler..

I don't buy it. I read an article that said Shanahan was the Chiefs next head coach. Also, that article doesn't say anything about looking for offers. It says they are actively shopping Cutler only because of the Cassel deal.

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 04:53 PM
When you totally ignore what the article says ....I felt the notion to bring it to your attention.

I'm just going by what our Broncos reporters are telling us ....
but since you know more than them....
maybe I should start listening to you

McFly!

FYI for new Bronco fans or those that don't live in Colorado:

Lombardi: dumb
Schefter: 95% reliable

And yes, please start listening to me. I am a genius. I am well known throughout the universe for my reading comprehension skills. In fact, I even won best of show back in 2006.

:coffee:

:welcome:

:hotcarl:

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 04:54 PM
mcdaniels lacks wisdom. he's a dick....i hate this guy.

Northman
Bwahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhahaha

All i can do is laugh right now. Everytime i think things are going great there is something else to chop my legs off. Wow, i just cant get a grip on this concept here.

Watchthemiddle
I don't buy it. I read an article that said Shanahan was the Chiefs next head coach. Also, that article doesn't say anything about looking for offers. It says they are actively shopping Cutler only because of the Cassel deal.

Whether you buy it or not, the pouting is going to be even worse this year from Cutler now.

Tned
02-28-2009, 04:55 PM
If Cutler is traded, I will no longer be a Broncos fan, simple as that. This would be THE most stupid move made by a Denver sports team EVER. Cutler better be our QB or I will personally burn everything I own with a Broncos logo on it.

While it is hard for me to envision a situation where I would be happy with a Cutler trade, I can also say with 100% certainty, that I will be Broncos fan whether Cutler is traded tomorrow, or retires as a Bronco 14 years from now.

Timmy!

I'm betting on 5 minutes lol

fcspikeit
What the ****ing hell???

this is turning into a complete debacle!

:mad:

bowlen needs to slap some sense into his new "braintrust". . . .

That's exactly why they should have never even engaged in the ******* talks to begin with...

The team does not need all this speculation, even if it is only half true.. What the **** was he thinking?

Denver Native (Carol)

I agree - I am sure if Mc could have got Cassel here, he would have. Since that did not happen, I hope it does not cause trouble between him and Jay. That is the last thing the Broncos would need.

NameUsedBefore
02-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Whether you buy it or not, the pouting is going to be even worse this year from Cutler now.

So? Cutler was the only reason we were remotely competitive last year and the new guys are coming in here and treating him (and others) like shit.

jrelway
02-28-2009, 04:57 PM
wtf. if this is true, **** mcdaniels, **** xanders, **** pat bowlen..**** the broncos. they honestly think cassel has more upside than cutler? now i really miss mike shanahan.

Timmy!
It's going to be a long offseason..

:lol:

Watchthemiddle
Originally Posted by ChampWJ

Case in point from my other post.....

People putting "a player" above an entire organization.

You can stop being a Broncos fan because of one player, thats fine. Maybe you can go be a Buc or Lions fan when Cutler goes there since those are the only two teams interested. :laugh:

jrelway
02-28-2009, 04:58 PM
mcdaniels looks like a weasel to me no how. rotten case of ****-face-itis

lex
I agree - I am sure if Mc could have got Cassel here, he would have. Since that did not happen, I hope it does not cause trouble between him and Jay. That is the last thing the Broncos would need.

"Cause trouble"? How can it not? What makes you so sure its not a sign that there already has been trouble between him and Jay?

ikillz0mbies
Wow.....I was shocked when I saw this. Just as shocked when I saw Shanahan got fired. I really don't know what to think of this. I personally don't want to see Cutler traded. If I had to pick a QB in the league that I would want as a young, upcoming, and franchise QB for the Broncos, I would say Joe Flacco. Other than that, no thanks. And this years QB draft class isn't promising either. Stafford maybe? Next year is more promising with Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, etc.? But no to trading Cutler.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I don't want a QB situation like the Eagles and McNabb

The one position a team needs to be absolutely sure of is QB!

That's the only thing I'm worried about

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 05:03 PM
http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/BDD_panic_button.jpg

:D

I wonder how many people need new computer monitors now.

KCL
02-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Bwahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhahaha

All i can do is laugh right now. Everytime i think things are going great there is something else to chop my legs off. Wow, i just cant get a grip on this concept here.

:hahaha:

I was reading a Chiefs forum and the people going back and forth was funny.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-28-2009, 05:05 PM
"Cause trouble"? How can it not? What makes you so sure its not a sign that there already has been trouble between him and Jay?

Hopefully Jay will take the "I'll Show You" how wrong you were attitude

NameUsedBefore
02-28-2009, 05:06 PM
This is getting ridiculous. As I said elsewhere, if we're going to blow up our offense instead of focusing on our wafer-thin defense, why in the hell did we drop Shanahan? What the hell are we doing? The fact there is even talks of pretty much blowing up the only reason the Broncos won games last year is ****ing ABSURD, yet that's just what they are doing.

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Won't happen.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:08 PM
This is getting ridiculous. As I said elsewhere, if we're going to blow up our offense instead of focusing on our wafer-thin defense, why in the hell did we drop Shanahan? What the hell are we doing? The fact there is even talks of pretty much blowing up the only reason the Broncos won games last year is ****ing ABSURD, yet that's just what they are doing.

With all due respect, Shanahan wasn't going to focus on our defense. His comments of, there will not be a lot of changes, and decision to retain SLowik, only shows he didn't have a priority to fix the defense.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Won't happen.

Let hope that true. What this shows us that we have FO that has no experience and isn't as bright as they think they are.

gnomeflinger
02-28-2009, 05:10 PM
http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/BDD_panic_button.jpg

I wonder how many people need new computer monitors now.

I need a whole new computer. :mad:

honz
02-28-2009, 05:10 PM
The fact that Schefter hasn't reported anything about this yet makes me even more skeptical. I officially call BS on Lombardi.

ChampWJ
02-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Case in point from my other post.....

People putting "a player" above an entire organization.

You can stop being a Broncos fan because of one player, thats fine. Maybe you can go be a Buc or Lions fan when Cutler goes there since those are the only two teams interested. :laugh:

I stand by my post. Do you realize how lucky we are to have finally discovered another franchise QB? There is absolutely no one, NO ONE, available who would be better for this franchise for the long term than Jay Cutler period.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
The fact that Schefter hasn't reported anything about this yet makes me even more skeptical. I officially call BS on Lombardi.

Lombardi should be fired for slinging shit!
or worse cast off to Oakland to report the Raiders

lex
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM

And people were all bent out of shape when people voiced opposition to this hire because it didnt fix the defense.

And lets see what Bowlen has done an about face on:

"Im in charge."-- It wouldnt seem so at this point...unless Jay ruffled his feathers when he was upset at Shanahan being fired.

Division of labor-- What was it he said about not wanting another scenario where the coach is making all the decisions? What credible autonomous GM would want to trade Cutler for Cassel?

"Goodman's not going anywhere"-- Not only did we loose the golden goose but now the current regime is trying to torch what he put in place. Dumb. Nice hire, Pat.

Any other words from Bowlen that have no meaning?

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 05:13 PM

He has..

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/?icampaign=DW_free_agency_friday

Mike
02-28-2009, 05:13 PM

I am starting to agree with that. However, the question remains on how this will impact Jay/McDaniel's relationship/chemistry. I like Jay, but his maturity level thus far makes me worry on how he handles this.

Broncospsycho77
02-28-2009, 05:14 PM

Yeah, I'm reserving judgment until the tabloid press gets out of Dove Valley. Spin at its finest. There was probably just a phone call from Tampa, a proposal for a trade, a respectful "no" after a minute or two of calling everybody (I don't expect every one of the Brain Trust to be at HQ every glaring minute), which could be interpreted as "discussing".

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 05:14 PM
I stand by my post. Do you realize how lucky we are to have finally discovered another franchise QB? There is absolutely no one, NO ONE, available who would be better for this franchise for the long term than Jay Cutler period.

Why is that? QB's are a dime a dozen...atleast McDaniels thinks so. Heck, Griese and Plummer took this team to the playoffs...you mean to tell me there is no other QB out there that can have a winning record?

honz
02-28-2009, 05:15 PM
He has..

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/?icampaign=DW_free_agency_friday

I mean about the fact that we are "actively shopping him" even after the whole Cassel thing.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 05:15 PM
I am starting to agree with that. However, the question remains on how this will impact Jay/McDaniel's relationship/chemistry. I like Jay, but his maturity level thus far makes me worry on how he handles this.

I couldn't have said it any better.....

This is my only concern

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 05:16 PM

Agreed.

Then again, a pissed off Cutler might just be a good thing.

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 05:18 PM

True... but we heard the same thing about Jay not wanting to talk to McDaniels...

That hype seems to have died down.

Broncospsycho77
I think Jay's just a little pissy that the front office didn't notify him that they denied trading him. That's it. He's not in the loop, I assume.

Mike
Agreed.

True.

But so might addressing the league's worst defense instead of "entertaining thoughts" of replacing working parts.

Watchthemiddle
Agreed.

I doubt that. Haven't you seen it when he gets pissed off in a game? He loses his composure and his head and its all down hill from there.

The best thing is for him to keep his head and remain calm, but not sure this story is going to help with that.

SmilinAssasSin27
I also like THAT he's pissed. Means even w/ the changes, he still wants to be here.

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 05:19 PM
And people were all bent out of shape when people voiced opposition to this hire because it didnt fix the defense.

And lets see what Bowlen has done an about face on:

"Im in charge."-- It wouldnt seem so at this point...unless Jay ruffled his feathers when he was upset at Shanahan being fired.

Division of labor-- What was it he said about not wanting another scenario where the coach is making all the decisions? What credible autonomous GM would want to trade Cutler for Cassel?

"Goodman's not going anywhere"-- Not only did we loose the golden goose but now the current regime is trying to torch what he put in place. Dumb. Nice hire, Pat.

Any other words from Bowlen that have no meaning?

Lex if McKid trades Cutler, a lot of people will owe you an apology..

This is beyond dumb! Could Mckid not have known even talking with teams about trading Cutler would have divided this team and the fan base? All to get a 1 year wonder over a Pro Bowl QB going into his prime? Seriously, that is freaking insane!

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 05:19 PM

For those of you betting, the correct answer was 18 minutes. 3:06 pm MDT.

If you had that in the pool, please go pick up your prize....

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 05:21 PM
I doubt that. Haven't you seen it when he gets pissed off in a game? He loses his composure and his head and its all down hill from there.

The best thing is for him to keep his head and remain calm, but not sure this story is going to help with that.

I get the same feeling. I'm just hoping it all gets settled. Best case scenario: Cutler settles down and realizes that the Broncos (we're assuming based on Shef's report) didn't initiate the calls. He and McKid make up. Cutler plays with chip on shoulder. Awww, the perfect world.....

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 05:23 PM
True.

But so might addressing the league's worst defense instead of "entertaining thoughts" of replacing the best player on our team who is going into his prime.

Edited for accuracy..

ChampWJ
02-28-2009, 05:23 PM
CBS4 just added this to the article.

CBS4's Gary Miller spoke with Broncos GM Brian Xanders Saturday afternoon. Xanders denied any plans to trade Cutler, saying "We are not trying to trade Jay Cutler. We will not trade Jay Cutler. He's a Pro Bowl Quarterback." He went on to say, "you can ask Josh McDaniels, and he'll tell you the same thing." Miller did approach McDaniels, who said he was not going to answer any questions. However, Cutler confirmed to CBS4 that he is aware that trade talks have taken place.

jrelway
02-28-2009, 05:24 PM
note to bowlen: bring back the goodmans..they know what time it is.

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Agreed.

Come on, this can not be a good thing! Jey is supposed to give his all to a coach who doesn't really want him on the roster? WTF! It's like Mckid doesn't even care about their relationship.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 05:26 PM

CBS4's Gary Miller spoke with Broncos GM Brian Xanders Saturday afternoon. Xanders denied any plans to trade Cutler, saying "We are not trying to trade Jay Cutler. We will not trade Jay Cutler. He's a Pro Bowl Quarterback." He went on to say, "you can ask Josh McDaniels, and he'll tell you the same thing." Miller did approach McDaniels, who said he was not going to answer any questions. However, Cutler confirmed to CBS4 that he is aware that trade talks have taken place.

The fact McKid declined to comment ...
makes me want to punch him in the teeth

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 05:31 PM

My god.. Why isn't he clearing this shit up! What possible reason would he have to say no comment?

He is pretty arrogant to take the roll of being apove all this.. He started it when he tried to bring in his boy.. That ****** has to answer for his actions. He can't pretend it didn't happen.. If it didn't why isn't he saying I don't want to trade Cutler? Is that so hard? Seriously, I am beginning to believe he really wants to trade Cutler.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-28-2009, 05:36 PM
My god.. Why isn't he clearing this shit up! What possible reason would he have to say no comment?

He is pretty arrogant to take the roll of being apove all this.. He started it when he tried to bring in his boy.. That ****** has to answer for his actions. He can't pretend it didn't happen.. If it didn't why isn't he saying I don't want to trade Cutler? Is that so hard? Seriously, I am beginning to believe he really wants to trade Cutler.

Agree - the "no comment" just leads to more speculation. And I truly believe if he could have got his boy here, it would have been a done deal.

ChampWJ
02-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Man I am glad KC pulled the trigger on Cassell. It kept us from making the biggest gaffe in franchise history. Thank You Chiefs! Blowing those 2 wins against the Chargers last year is forgiven.

jrelway
02-28-2009, 05:39 PM
that "no comment" makes me think he's still trying to get cutler out of there. im thinking mcdaniels mighta burnt that bridge with cutler. i hope cutler walks into dove valley and whoops that ass.

denvernative6
02-28-2009, 05:42 PM
I just checked out the article on cbs4. Why does it say that Vic Lombardi spoke to Cutler on "SUNDAY" morning? Is it a mistake or do the people over at cbs have a crystal ball to tell the future?

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Man I am glad KC pulled the trigger on Cassell. It kept us from making the biggest gaffe in franchise history. Thank You Chiefs! Blowing those 2 wins against the Chargers last year is forgiven.

doesnt mean cutler wont still ask for a trade. id be pissed too.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 05:43 PM
I just checked out the article on cbs4. Why does it say that Vic Lombardi spoke to Cutler on "SUNDAY" morning? Is it a mistake or do the people over at cbs have a crystal ball to tell the future?

vics too worried about his comb over to get news right the first time he reports it.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-28-2009, 05:45 PM
And, I just noticed this on the cbs4 report: :tsk:

denvernative6
02-28-2009, 05:47 PM

I am gonna start taking CBS4 news as well as I take Mortensens news...not at all!:D

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 05:48 PM
doesnt mean cutler wont still ask for a trade. id be pissed too.

I'm upset that you talked about maybe trading me... please trade me now? :confused:

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 05:48 PM

This is beginning to get real!

I know for a fact Jay and Scheff are tight!

and if Scheff is asking for a trade with Cutty, things are not looking good
:tsk:

elsid13
02-28-2009, 05:50 PM
This is beginning to get real!

I know for a fact Jay and Scheff are tight!

and if Scheff is asking for a trade with Cutty, things are not looking good

Scheff wasn't asking for the trade the new Brain trust was pushing it

tomjonesrocks
02-28-2009, 05:51 PM

Strike two. It doesn't say that either in the article.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 05:58 PM

just his name mentioned with Cutler in a trade strikes a cord...

I live close to Jays hometown.... him and I have mutual friends.

One of my good friends who I work with introduced me to Jay a couple years back.
I was giving him shit about hearing how him and Scheff were roomates.

He said they are real tight.....said he is at his new house 24-7

GEM
02-28-2009, 06:07 PM
McKidd better remember where he is....NOT Pansyland. We don't want Cassel. You want Cassel, take a hike to KC or go back to Pansyville.

By the time this guy is done with this he's going to turn this entire organization upside down. :brickwall:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-28-2009, 06:10 PM
I am gonna start taking CBS4 news as well as I take Mortensens news...not at all!:D

For those who do not know, CBS4 is the official Denver Broncos television station. Vic Lombardi also hosts the Jay Cutler show, CBS4 is the first media outlet allowed in the locker room after the game, etc.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 06:12 PM
just his name mentioned with Cutler in a trade strikes a cord...

I live close to Jays hometown.... him and I have mutual friends.

One of my good friends who I work with introduced me to Jay a couple years back.
I was giving him shit about hearing how him and Scheff were roomates.

He said they are real tight.....said he is at his new house 24-7

That what I like about Cutler, Scheff,Royal, Kuper, Clady and Marshall. They are all tight and that good sign for any team. Problem is that McDaniels coming from Biecheat school of coaching see that as a threat.

Fan in Exile
02-28-2009, 06:14 PM
For those who do not know, CBS4 is the official Denver Broncos television station. Vic Lombardi also hosts the Jay Cutler show, CBS4 is the first media outlet allowed in the locker room after the game, etc.

All that may change pretty quick if they keep stirring the pot like this.

Cheez Whiz
02-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Guess what? Bye Bye Offense.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Michael Smith ESPN is now reporting that Denver engaged Minnesota to see if they could swing a deal for Cassell

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 06:20 PM
McDaniels has a Boner for Cassel just like he had a boner for Lonnie Paxton.....

Fire McKid hire Gruden!

NOW!

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 06:24 PM
A member on Mania emailed Lombardi to say some less than nice things.

The member made a thread saying Lombardi emailed him back and called him a moron.

I don't know if this is true or has any more basis in his reality than Lombardi's original claims...

But later the member also said that Lombardi claimed that he did indeed have a source... Cutler.

Cutler's quote was that he had heard that there were trade talks and was upset about it.

That's a long way off from 'shopping' Cutler.

I'm still not happy.

Again... dunno if there's any credibility to what was posted.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 06:26 PM

The member made a thread saying Lombardi emailed him back and called him a moron.

I don't know if this is true or has any more basis in his reality than Lombardi's original claims...

But later the member also said that Lombardi claimed that he did indeed have a source... Cutler.

Cutler's quote was that he had heard that there were trade talks and was upset about it.

I'm still not happy.

Which member of the mane posted this?

getlynched47
02-28-2009, 06:28 PM

I'm still not happy.

hey thanks LT :rolleyes:

i didnt know I could get banned for threatening McDaniels

Cheez Whiz
Why is Bowlen not stepping in and punching McDaniels in the penis? Bowlen said Jay Cutler was the Broncos FUTURE.

Future does not get traded.

Cheez Whiz

Hopefully it was Spider.

HAY U R A MORAN!11

Tned
02-28-2009, 06:29 PM

Mania = Boncos Country (official forum)

elsid13
02-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Mania = Boncos Country (official forum)

Sorry. I think going to let the dust settle and see if either kuperdad or Wabbit will share something with me. I will post on the forums if they allow me too.

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 06:42 PM

All there text's have so far been right on.. The only one they were wrong on was Shanny going to KC and all they said was that there was rumor going around about that.

Magnificent Seven
02-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Let's make a big sign, " WE WANT CUTLER!" and stand front of Invesco Field Stadium.

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 06:49 PM
As it's been pointed out, it was mania... but the member was Den15.

He has a thread 'Lombardi called me a moron'.

hey thanks LT :rolleyes:

i didnt know I could get banned for threatening McDaniels

Why don't you go to just about any serious board that knows what they're doing and ask what would happen if you threatened a public figure? Pretty sure Tned would back me up on this... but I won't lose any sleep over it at all.

The National Football league asked us to keep an eye out for exactly that sort of post... you're probably lucky you didn't post something along the same lines closer to when news broke about Shanny.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Let's make a big sign, " WE WANT CUTLER!" and stand front of Invesco Field Stadium.

I was just thinking about sending filled out McDonald's Applications to Dove Valley from McKid and X to sign.

Slick
02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
*yawn*

I'm not buying it.

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 06:54 PM
CBS4's Gary Miller spoke with Broncos GM Brian Xanders Saturday afternoon. Xanders denied any plans to trade Cutler, saying "We are not trying to trade Jay Cutler. We will not trade Jay Cutler. He's a Pro Bowl Quarterback." He went on to say, "you can ask Josh McDaniels, and he'll tell you the same thing."

Read the whole ******* story!

getlynched47
02-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Why don't you go to just about any serious board that knows what they're doing and ask what would happen if you threatened a public figure? Pretty sure Tned would back me up on this... but I won't lose any sleep over it at all.

The National Football league asked us to keep an eye out for exactly that sort of post... you're probably lucky you didn't post something along the same lines closer to when news broke about Shanny.

I really apologize. You know I've been keeping my head on straight. I had one stupid mistake.......and I regret it.

BigCurly1230
*yawn*

I'm not buying it.

Buy it......

it's true

Slick
CBS4's Gary Miller spoke with Broncos GM Brian Xanders Saturday afternoon. Xanders denied any plans to trade Cutler, saying "We are not trying to trade Jay Cutler. We will not trade Jay Cutler. He's a Pro Bowl Quarterback." He went on to say, "you can ask Josh McDaniels, and he'll tell you the same thing."

Thank you. Overreactions are a plenty it seems.

Mike
02-28-2009, 06:58 PM

Yeah, we saw the spin control piece.

We also saw the HC decline to comment on the ordeal. We also have reports that Jay requested a trade.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

Shazam!
02-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Geez. Wow. Everyone needs to ?!@#ing relax.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 07:00 PM

In that very same article, very next sentence.
It goes on to say Gary Miller approached McDaniels,
and he refused to comment

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 07:02 PM
In that very same article, very next sentence.
It goes on to say Gary Miller approached McDaniels,
and he refused to comment

He shouldn't comment. It's not his job to comment on personnel decisions.

Good lord.

Broncogator
02-28-2009, 07:03 PM

I hope you're right MO, I just remember thinking we would never trade Portis and end up with Champ either..

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 07:04 PM

No one else seems to be reporting on it, everything we've heard to this point seems recycled stuff.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 07:05 PM
He shouldn't comment. It's not his job to comment on personnel decisions.

Good lord.

He is just as much a part in making personnel decisions as the GM
Especially when Brain Xanders told Gary Miller to ask him

BroncoTech
02-28-2009, 07:07 PM
I'd have to agree with the report mentioning Jay's demeanor and has lack of progress. I'm probably the only fan here not mad at this. For next year Cassle would have given us a better chance at winning. Detroit certainly has some draft picks to offer.

Don't get me wrong Jay is a top notch QB but he's not a top-ten QB. He has poor mechanics, throws off the back foot, only has a shoulder fake, no real pump fake, throws into coverage, throws late into the the middle and across the field.

All these things are ignored if you are winning and hen pecked if you are 8 and 8.

Moral of the story is don't be 8-8. I really don't see anyone but Cutler here now that Cassle is safely in KC. He's the only other QB that makes any sense, right?

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 07:07 PM
He is just as much a part in making personnel decisions as the GM
Especially when Brain Xanders told Gary Miller to ask him

Do you understand, at all, how an organization works?

Just curious?

Xanders makes comments about personnel situations and decisions. McDaniels makes comments about football-related situations and decisions.

There's a division of power, and a hierarchy.

omac
02-28-2009, 07:10 PM
I doubt it's true. They probably wanted to explore how much Cutler was worth in the open market.

Whether true or not, though, Doogie did not handle the situation well.

Take a guy like Kiffin; Al says Kiffin was against taking Russell in the draft. Whether or not he was against it, Kiffin showed nothing but support and encouragement for Russell, because he was his QB. He wasn't going to let anything hurt the development of his young QB, nor his relationship with him. Even on exiting the Raiders, he showed ownership by encouraging JaMarcus.

Not saying Kiffin didn't make mistakes with the media, specially the back and forth with Al, but he knew how to keep his team unified. His players played hard for him, and they didn't want to see him go.

The message Doogie's sending now to the players is, "You're all expendable. I'm a genius and I can make the team win with anybody."

If he were smarter about it, he'd do his best to squash this rumor like a bug, even if it meant lying to the media. This cannot help his chemistry with Cutler or any on the offense who all have great respect for him. :coffee:

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 07:11 PM

Just curious?

Xanders makes comments about personnel situations and decisions. McDaniels makes comments about football-related situations and decisions.

As a matter of fact I do....

do you understand if someone ask you to ask another man about the situation,
that means to do just that?

You know better MB....
Xanders did not try to swing that trade for Cassel it was all McDaniels

are you serious right now?

omac
02-28-2009, 07:14 PM

Just curious?

I don't know, MissouriBronc; I'm thinking Xanders is the new Sundquist, and Doogie is the new Shanny. Xanders is mostly numbers, not talent evaluation, so they even had to get a new guy for scouting when the Goodman's were let go. And based on their interviews, they both said there will always reach a mutual consensus on players, so that Pat does not have to break the tie-ing vote. That tells me it's primarily Doogie (and maybe Nolan) who'll be the primary talent evaluators.

MOtorboat
As a matter of fact I do....

do you understand if someone ask you to ask another man about the situation,
that means to do just that?

You know better MB....
Xanders did not try to swing that trade for Cassel it was all McDaniels

are you serious right now?

You're kidding right?

Xanders made a comment. There is no reason for McDaniels to make a DIFFERENT comment to the media. Thus, "no comment." It's really not that hard to understand. It's not his place to comment on the situation.

MOtorboat
I don't know, MissouriBronc; I'm thinking Xanders is the new Sundquist, and Doogie is the new Shanny. Xanders is mostly numbers, not talent evaluation, so they even had to get a new guy for scouting when the Goodman's were let go. And based on their interviews, they both said there will always reach a mutual consensus on players, so that Pat does not have to break the tie-ing vote. That tells me it's primarily Doogie (and maybe Nolan) who'll be the primary talent evaluators.

So...speculation...just like this entire piece of crap story.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 07:16 PM

Bronco4ever
02-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Even if McD and Co. listened to a few offers, I highly doubt he would risk alienating the entire fan base by trading the face of the franchise. Nothing has been reported that Denver did anything but entertain offers from other teams. I can see how a story like this would grab some attention, but everything seems to be getting pretty fabricated from a few quotes. I'm not gonna believe anything unless I see Jay's name is off the roster.

getlynched47
02-28-2009, 07:17 PM
oh hell...........the world is ending..........

Mike
02-28-2009, 07:17 PM
You're kidding right?

Xanders made a comment. There is no reason for McDaniels to make a DIFFERENT comment to the media. Thus, "no comment." It's really not that hard to understand. It's not his place to comment on the situation.

Except to fix this whole jacked up situation? Make sure that the world, the team, and your QB knows that he is the man?

Yeah, you're probably right. No reason to make a comment especially as the new leader of the organization.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Well all I can say is that speculation or not, I seriously hope that this entire string of events makes Cutler grow up.

He is not invincible, he is not above the team, he is not above being traded. He is one player that needs to correct his mistakes on the field and work as hard as he can at it.

McDaniels is used to dealing with the other NFL Golden Child in Tom Brady who is just about perfect when he plays. Jay has a lot to live up too in that McDaniels is going to be looking for perfection. Perfection on and off the field.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 07:19 PM
You're kidding right?

No I am not kidding

It is obvious you are in denial of this whole situation
I don't want to believe this as much as the next guy.....

unfortunately....it looks like it's true

MOtorboat
Except to fix this whole jacked up situation? Make sure that the world, the team, and your QB knows that he is the man?

Yeah, you're probably right. No reason to make a comment especially as the new leader of the organization.

How hard is it to understand that it is NOT HIS PLACE to be making those comments?

"I'm sorry, I can't comment on the situation. Brian Xanders is the person you need to talk to."

And here's what's reported to stir up controversy and get the exact same reactions in this thread "I can't comment on the situation."

Dreadnought
We shall see if this is all legit or not - but I'll say right here and now - I've been a Bronco fan since Floyd Little was drafted in '67 when I was a little kid. If they do this thing my Sunday ticket is cancelled and this damned organization can screw themselves. I'll spend Sundays with my family until McD et al. are fired.

omac
02-28-2009, 07:24 PM
So...speculation...just like this entire piece of crap story.

Unfortunately, usually if there's smoke, there's fire.

Cassel is turning out to be a fine QB; no way is he anywhere close to Cutler, who can carry a team, but Doogie's offense does not really need all of Cutler's skills. Brady was never very ellusive; he doesn't rush for yardage; he doesn't naturally have great arm strength ... quite a few of his deep throws were wobbly and hanging, with Moss going up and making the play happen; he doesn't need to throw on the run. By the moves Doogie's made this offseason, he's showing he wants total control, and that means controlling his QB too. Acquiring Cassel could definitely fit into his plans.

DenBronx
We shall see if this is all legit or not - but I'll say right here and now - I've been a Bronco fan since Floyd Little was drafted in '67 when I was a little kid. If they do this thing my Sunday ticket is cancelled and this damned organization can screw themselves. I'll spend Sundays with my family until McD et al. are fired.

that's seriously how i feel dread. ive been a fan all of my 32 years and this looks to be the biggest bone headed idea this organization could make.

dogfish
come on MO, you know perfectly well that the head coach is the public face of the franchise, not the general manager. . . go to the front page of denverbroncos.com, the first thing you see is a picture of mcdaniels introducing dawkins at his press conference. . .

"Brian Dawkins is a special, special person and an even better player," Head Coach Josh McDaniels said when introducing Dawkins. "One of the things I realized once free agency opened is he's exactly what the Denver Broncos are looking for. He's dedicated and serious about the game. He wants to come to a place where he can win. It's our priveledge to add him as the newest Denver Bronco. He's going to provide us with great leadership, great attitude."

sounds to me like commenting on personnel moves is part of his job description. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-cutler-trade-022809,0,5433550.story?track=rss

DENVER - Jay Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, sounds about as surprised as everybody else in Denver. "I am hearing all of these rumors now just like everybody else," said Cook in a phone conversation with FOX 31 Sports Saturday afternoon.

Recently an NFL.com report surfaced indicating that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at some point approached the Denver Broncos to construct a three-way trade that would have sent Broncos' starting quarterback Jay Cutler to the Buccaneers, and the newly signed Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel to the Broncos.

According to the report, the conclusion was that the Broncos considered the deal, but thought against pulling the trigger.

So how does Cook feel about his client possibly being on the trading block?

"I heard the rumors like everybody else, and I placed a call to the Broncos," he said. Cook clarified to FOX31 Sports that because Cutler is currently under contract with the Broncos, his agent does not have permission to talk to other teams about his client, unless it was given to him by the Broncos. "I just got a return call. They just told me that only inquiries were being made."

Cook said that he could not confirm the teams involved in the reported deal. The report also indicated that the Detroit Lions approached the Broncos on a separate deal for Cutler using Cassel as bait as well.

The only thing Cook was clear about, was that the Broncos did not specifically guarantee Cutler's future with the club.

"They never definitively told me one way or the other whether [Cutler] would be traded or not. Nobody has talked to me, and no other teams have talked to me."

When Cook was informed that FOX31 Sports talked to a Broncos offensive starter on the team that said, "Jay Cutler is pissed, no doubt about it," he did not react with surprise.

"I wouldn't blame him for being upset. Cutler is the best young quarterback in the entire league."

Other Broncos interviewed for the story were "completely shocked" that Cutler's would be included in any sort of trade talks.

As for reports that Cook's other client, Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler, is on the trading block as well, Cook remains just as flabbergasted.

"I don't know what's true or not true, all of this right now is just crazy."

Watchthemiddle

Really Dread? One player is worth stopping being a fan of a team for 40 years?

Thats what I don't understand about this whole thing.

elsid13

I just go off the phone with brother, and we are both same page with you. I will catch the team when it on over the air but I not going to spend time or extra money to get the games. I think Mckid needs to learn real quick that the game is about the players not the guy calling plays.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Unfortunately, usually if there's smoke, there's fire.

Cassel is turning out to be a fine QB; no way is he anywhere close to Cutler, who can carry a team, but Doogie's offense does not really need all of Cutler's skills. Brady was never very ellusive; he doesn't rush for yardage; he doesn't naturally have great arm strength ... quite a few of his deep throws were wobbly and hanging, with Moss going up and making the play happen; he doesn't need to throw on the run. By the moves Doogie's made this offseason, he's showing he wants total control, and that means controlling his QB too. Acquiring Cassel could definitely fit into his plans.

would a pro bowl qb hurt his plans to install "his" system? would have a better qb be considered a bad idea to him?

getlynched47
crap.........shit...........this sucks...............crap

Mike
How hard is it to understand that it is NOT HIS PLACE to be making those comments?

"I'm sorry, I can't comment on the situation. Brian Xanders is the person you need to talk to."

And here's what's reported to stir up controversy and get the exact same reactions in this thread "I can't comment on the situation."

How do you know that it isn't his place?

Yes, I do understand that making a comment stating that Jay is and will continue to be your QB. That you have no desire to see him play anywhere else. Yes, I can understand how that would not be his place and would not be in the best interests of the HC. :rolleyes:

Watchthemiddle

I would have to agree with you. He is the face of the organization....he could have squashed everything with 5 simple words "We are not trading Cutler"...instead punted it. That too me shows guilt.

nj10
02-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Booooo!

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 07:30 PM
ESPN reported that the Broncos were so serious on getting Cassel that they were willing to throw in their 1st round pick.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:32 PM
ESPN reported that the Broncos were so serious on getting Cassel that they were willing to throw in their 1st round pick.

WOW....the new Sheriff in town must really love Cutler

Dreadnought
Really Dread? One player is worth stopping being a fan of a team for 40 years?

Thats what I don't understand about this whole thing.

Yes - in light of what else these imbeciles have been up to. My disgust began when they showed Shanny the door, but I was willing to give the new guys a chance. A Cutler trade tells me they are control freaks with more interest in having their own people around than what is good for the organization. I hold that type of person in contempt - in life and in football. It is the legit ding against Shanny - his clinging to Slowick

elsid13

That just ******* stupid. If that was the case then Bowlen needs to fire everyone at Dove Valley.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 07:33 PM

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

ktrain
02-28-2009, 07:35 PM
starting to dislike mcdaniels

starting to dislike the shit stirring press. This is all manufactured bullshit

MOtorboat
That just ******* stupid. If that was the case then Bowlen needs to fire everyone at Dove Valley.

If it were true the Patriots are complete idiots.

Because all they got from Kansas City was a second round pick.

Pretty sure that info is bullshit.

nj10
What kind of a sick joke is this? I saw this thread and thought it was a joke like the "Royal was cut" thread.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes - in light of what else these imbeciles have been up to. My duisgust began when they showed Shanny the door, but I was willing to give the new guys a chance. A Cutler trade tells me they are control freaks with more interest in having their own people around than what is good for the organization. I hold that type of person in contempt - in life and in football. It is the legit ding against Shanny - his clinging to Slowick

So what of their "own" people have these "Imbeciles" brought in? A long snapper? Last I checked, all the other FA's that have been brought in don't really have a history with NE at all.

McDaniels doesn't have a history anywhere near Denver and Bowlen.

So what other decisions have McDaniels and Xanders done that have you in disguist?

Magnificent Seven
02-28-2009, 07:40 PM
It is over. Cassel is a Chief. There is nothing to worry about. KC Chiefs got Cassel. So, Cutler is not going anywhere.

omac
02-28-2009, 07:40 PM
would a pro bowl qb hurt his plans to install "his" system? would have a better qb be considered a bad idea to him?

Hey, I agree with you, man. I just think Doogie's trying a little too hard to show that he's the man. I really hope he settles down and becomes a great coach. I was already seeing Cutler in Doogie's offense with a Nolan defense winning the superbowl. :D

If Cutler does get traded, I hope he goes to Houston; they're starting to have pretty good weapons there, too, and Schaub hasn't proven he can stay healthy.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 07:41 PM
So what of their "own" people have these "Imbeciles" brought in? A long snapper? Last I checked, all the other FA's that have been brought in don't really have a history with NE at all.

So what other decisions have McDaniels and Xanders done that have you in disguist?

mcpoop smacks his lips during press conferances and im disgusted by it.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 07:42 PM
If Cutler does get traded, I hope he goes to Houston; they're starting to have pretty good weapons there, too, and Schaub hasn't proven he can stay healthy.

Well I just made a Bronco room in my basement, but I guess I could cover the orange paint w/ Red...:rolleyes:

Broncospsycho77
02-28-2009, 07:42 PM

That's not true. The ESPN report specifically said "first rounder", not "first rounder and Jay Cutler" for Cassel. If it weren't for the stupid roundabout way that the reporters talk, and just say what ****ing happened, we wouldn't be discussing this at all.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 07:43 PM
It is over. Cassel is a Chief. There is nothing to worry about. KC Chiefs got Cassel. So, Cutler is not going anywhere.

unless we're still talking with the lions and bucs.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 07:43 PM

This drives me crazy as well

omac
02-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Cutler isn't a stop-gap QB; he's the QB you'd want to bring your team to a superbowl. Hopefully, it will be with Denver. We don't want to be the next Atlanta Falcons. :D

Dreadnought
02-28-2009, 07:44 PM

Firing the Goodmans
excessive cuts of existing (albeit marginal) players without at least giving them a chance to play for their jobs. e.g. Engleberger, Winborn, etc.
Not retaining Jeremy Bates
Not offering a contract to Tatum Bell yet signing a complete dud like JJ Arrington

In short, I have yet to see a personnel move I've liked, and in a very short time, and the signs tell me not to hold my breath

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Regardless of where Cassell is, IF there was talk for real...it ain't over yet. IF Jay wants traded...he'll be traded. He's still on his rookie deal and i truly disgruntled, you don't let him walk w/o some form of compensation...and he'd bring a LOT of compensation.

BeefStew25
02-28-2009, 07:45 PM
starting to dislike the shit stirring press. This is all manufactured bullshit

I thought that at first also.

But at some point Dove Valley needs to learn about PR and message control.

WHere there is smoke there is fire.

This is amateur hour.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:46 PM

Soooo......Cutler looks like he is high as a kite and dopey at press conferences....I guess I should hate him for it.

:coffee:

BeefStew25
02-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Regardless of where Cassell is, IF there was talk for real...it ain't over yet. IF Jay wants traded...he'll be traded. He's still on his rookie deal and i truly disgruntled, you don't let him walk w/o some form of compensation...and he'd bring a LOT of compensation.

I wonder if McDaniels and Plummer have a good relationship.

:fart:

Watchthemiddle
Firing the Goodmans
excessive cuts of existing (albeit marginal) players without at least giving them a chance to play for their jobs. e.g. Engleberger, Winborn, etc.
Not retaining Jeremy Bates
Not offering a contract to Tatum Bell yet signing a complete dud like JJ Arrington

In short, I have yet to see a personnel move I've liked, and in a very short time, and the signs tell me not to hold my breath

So you liked those Defensive players that got cut and the RB that couldn't even make the Lions squad? You must have thought our running game and defense was sufficient then.

You also think the Goodmans are the end all when it comes to drafting? Serious?

Dreadnought
I thought that at first also.

But at some point Dove Valley needs to learn about PR and message control.

WHere there is smoke there is fire.

This is amateur hour.

Excellent point as well, and you stated in a few words what I am bumbled around with. This is the kind of crap you expect out of the freakin' Lions or Raiders.

RFCUBoltz
02-28-2009, 07:48 PM
It is over. Cassel is a Chief. There is nothing to worry about. KC Chiefs got Cassel. So, Cutler is not going anywhere.Yea its over ,but its in Jays head that they"NEW COACHES" tried to trade him.Jays already a head case and this will never leave his mind:beer:

lex
02-28-2009, 07:48 PM

No, theres plenty to worry about. It says a lot about the current regime and promises Bowlen renegged on.

BeefStew25
02-28-2009, 07:49 PM
No, theres plenty to worry about. It says a lot about the current regime and promises Bowlen renegged on.

Yeah, I agree. This is like banging a herpes laden hooker and then trying to tell your wife it was no big deal.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven

I disagree about it being over. Have you noticed that once Cutler loses his composure its over? He gets knocked down, sacked or throws a pick and his head is lost. This is his worse sack ever!!

omac
If Cutler does get traded to a team that hasn't been having much success, you can bet Shanny will want to coach that team, and he most likely will. He'll probably get Scheffler too. And maybe Tatum Bell, hehehe. :D

PatricktheDookie
What. the. <insert line of profanities here>.

PatricktheDookie
02-28-2009, 07:53 PM

Shanahan being fired nearly put me over the edge. If Cutler goes, I go too.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:54 PM
If Cutler does get traded to a team that hasn't been having much success, you can bet Shanny will want to coach that team, and he most likely will. He'll probably get Scheffler too. And maybe Tatum Bell, hehehe. :D

Its going to be a new expansion team started in L.A. by Elway and SHanny....:laugh:

SmilinAssasSin27
from the mane

EVERYBODY RELAX: Adam Schefter says it was all talk from OTHER teams

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody Please Relax ...

Adam Schefter now reports the Jay Cutler trade stuff was all JUST TALK! Talk that was instigated by OTHER teams. It's easy to understand why the other teams called .... they all know Josh is close to Matt Cassel, so before they pull the trigger with KC, they obviously look around for a better deal ... I'd be more surprised if - based on the McDaniels/Cassel relationship - if they HADN'T called to gauge interest.

Watchthemiddle
Shanahan being fired nearly put me over the edge. If Cutler goes, I go too.

Dreadnought
02-28-2009, 07:55 PM
So you liked those Defensive players that got cut and the RB that couldn't even make the Lions squad? You must have thought our running game and defense was sufficient then.

You also think the Goodmans are the end all when it comes to drafting? Serious?

I very much thought the running game was sufficient already, yes, and I beat that drum all year long. The guys already on the roster were fine barring ridiculous injuries. As far as defensive guys? Who the Hell knows. Slowick's system was so utterly worthless I dont think anyone could have looked good in it. Thats why I thought they deserved a shot to play for their jobs. I would never argue those guys should have been chiseled in stone as the foundation of future greatness, but there may be some players in there. Now we don't know, because these dolts won't even take a look.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:55 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Schefter now reports the Jay Cutler trade stuff was all JUST TALK! Talk that was instigated by OTHER teams. It's easy to understand why the other teams called .... they all know Josh is close to Matt Cassel, so before they pull the trigger with KC, they obviously look around for a better deal ... I'd be more surprised if - based on the McDaniels/Cassel relationship - if they HADN'T called to gauge interest.

So what about (john clayton) NOW saying he wants to be traded?

Mike
02-28-2009, 07:56 PM

Talk doesn't explain why Cutler suddenly decides to want a trade though.

Watchthemiddle
I very much thought the running game was sufficient already, yes, and I beat that drum all year long. The guys already on the roster were fine barring ridiculous injuries. As far as defensive guys? Who the Hell knows. Slowick's system was so utterly worthless I dont think anyone could have looked good in it. Thats why I thought they deserved a shotto play for their jobs. I would never argue those guys should have been chiseled in stone as the foundation of future greatness, but there may be some players in there. Now we don't know, because these dolts won't even take a look.

Fair enough

SmilinAssasSin27
So what about (john clayton) NOW saying he wants to be traded?

hell if i know

elsid13
02-28-2009, 07:59 PM

And win the Superbowl before Denver emerges from it post Steve Young SF like existence.

omac
02-28-2009, 07:59 PM
I disagree about it being over. Have you noticed that once Cutler loses his composure its over? He gets knocked down, sacked or throws a pick and his head is lost. This is his worse sack ever!!

Actually, no. Quite the opposite, really. In the 49ers game, when he was literally knocked out (concussed), he came back shaky after Plummer threw a duck, then proceeded to lead the Broncos to a last minute tie-ing TD. In fact, he's had several game winning drives throughout his short NFL career. That's a point commentators and coaches make about Cutler; that he has a Favre-type ability to erase a bad mistake and come back with a great play later in the game.

I know I'm biased for Cutler, but it's really too bad that you're way too biased to see how special a QB Jay Cutler is, when the whole league ... coaches, players, opposing coaches, and even opposing fans see it.

That's cool, though; I didn't think Michael Jordan was all that special, LOL! :D

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 08:00 PM
from the mane

that doesnt ease my mind at all.

omac
02-28-2009, 08:01 PM
And win the Superbowl before Denver emerges from it post Steve Young SF like existence.

LOL! Hey, maybe Denver starts over with Jeff Garcia, like the 49ers did. :D

Broncospsycho77
02-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Where does it say that Cutler demanded a trade?

I want links.

Magnificent Seven
02-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Actually, no. Quite the opposite, really. In the 49ers game, when he was literally knocked out (concussed), he came back shaky after Plummer threw a duck, then proceeded to lead the Broncos to a last minute tie-ing TD. In fact, he's had several game winning drives throughout his short NFL career. That's a point commentators and coaches make about Cutler; that he has a Favre-type ability to erase a bad mistake and come back with a great play later in the game.

I know I'm biased for Cutler, but it's really too bad that you're way too biased to see how special a QB Jay Cutler is, when the whole league ... coaches, players, opposing coaches, and even opposing fans see it.

That's cool, though; I didn't think Michael Jordan was all that special, LOL! :D

During a Week 3... It was on Monday Night Football game against the Arizona Cardinals, Young was violently sacked by Cardinals' cornerback Aeneas Williams due to a missed blocking assignment by 49ers' running back Lawrence Phillips. Young was knocked out of the game and did not return to that game, or any game the rest of the season, suffering from symptoms of post-concussion syndrome. Young was forced to retire at the end of the season.

Rogue
02-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Per Denver Post:
Posted: 02/28/2009 05:51:34 PM MST
Updated: 02/28/2009 05:52:14 PM MST 5:51pm....

Even without serious competition from a backup, the Broncos had themselves a quarterback controversy Friday.

Jay Cutler, the Broncos' starting quarterback, the franchise, the one player who carried all hope for a greater future, believes his days with the team are numbered — even after a proposed deal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay and Matt Cassel to Denver never materialized.

"My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler said this afternoon. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity."

The deal had Tampa Bay trying to acquire Cutler in exchange for a first-round draft pick. In turn, the Broncos would have traded the first-round draft pick to New England in exchange for quarterback Matt Cassel.

McDaniels was the Patriots' offensive coordinator last season when he helped guide Cassel, a career-long backup, to an 11-5 record and 89.4 passer rating that ranked 10th in the league.

It may be important to note, Tampa Bay initiated the deal. And they weren't the only team that inquired about acquiring Cutler.

"He's not the only person in the last few days we've received calls on," McDaniels said. "We've received trade calls on a number of players, which is not uncommon this time of the year. I also think the sensitivity of the other trade that was occurring, with my relationship with New England and the whole Cassel thing, I think that stirred the pot even more."

And then McDaniels made a point of emphasis: "We don't want to trade Jay. We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team."

Cassel was instead traded Saturday to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for the No. 34 overall pick in the upcoming draft.

Nevertheless, Cutler was shaken his team entertained moving him, and doesn't believe such a possibility is dead.

"I'm upset. I mean I'm really shocked at this point," he said. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. I just don't get it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."

Cutler has three years left on the six-year contract he signed prior to his rookie season. He said Broncos officials denied they were trying to him in a conversation with his agent Bus Cook. Cutler added that after the proposed deal spread through the Internet, the team cut off communication with Cook.

Had the proposed trade gone through, it would have been a head-scratcher from the Broncos' standpoint. Cutler is a first-round talent. He was picked No. 11 overall in the 2006 draft and if the league re-did that draft today, Cutler might go No. 2, behind only Houston defensive end Mario Williams.

Cassel, meanwhile, did not start one game at quarterback at USC and never started in the NFL until this, his fourth season.

Granted, he played behind Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC and Tom Brady at New England. But Cassel doesn't have near the arm strength or big-play capability of Cutler, whose 4,526 yards ranked only behind Drew Brees and Kurt Warner among NFL quarterbacks last season.

If Cutler is not traded, and he stays with the Broncos, can his situation be mended? Cutler took a long pause before answering.

"Anything can be mended," he said. "I'll always play with the guys we've got. I love playing for those guys. Obviously, Josh and I's relationship has taken a few steps backward. I don't play for the coaches anyway, I play for teammates. As long as we keep the guys we've got I'll go out there and play. I love those guys."

Cutler said he had spoken with teammates Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley, Tony Scheffler and Casey Wiegmann, among others, about his trade.

"I know they love playing for me and I love playing for them," Cutler said. "There's going to be a lot of problems if they try to trade me. Well, they've already tried to trade me, but if they trade me for sure."

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Where does it say that Cutler demanded a trade?

I want links.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11809351

this just broke

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 08:06 PM
LOL! Hey, maybe Denver starts over with Jeff Garcia, like the 49ers did. :D

Nope, what wasn't mentioned in the trade with the Bucs was they wanted to trade Plummer and a 2nd to Denver for Cutler but Plummer was un-reachable...:laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-28-2009, 08:07 PM
from the mane

The following is the phone conversation from Adam Schefter to 9News:

DENVER - According to published reports, the Denver Broncos considered deals this week which would have sent quarterback Jay Cutler packing - rumors that angered the Broncos' passer.

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports the Broncos were approached by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who were trying to swing a three-way deal with the New England Patriots which would have sent Cutler to Tampa and brought quarterback Matt Cassel to Denver.

According to Schefter, the Broncos mulled the deal, but ultimately decided against it.

The report also says the Broncos were also approached by the Detroit Lions regarding a similar three-way deal which would have netted them Cassel. Again, the Broncos entertained the deal, but opted against the move.

"Of course, there is fallout to this," Schefter told 9NEWS. "Jay Cutler is aware of all the storylines going out there, he is none too pleased about it. So, Denver is in the process of repairing that relationship. I believe they'll get it repaired."

Both deals fell by the wayside as Cassel was dealt to the division rival Kansas City Chiefs, along with linebacker Mike Vrabel, in exchange for the 34th overall pick in the 2009 draft.

The Broncos deny any intention to trade Cutler, Shefter says.

"These are the things you go through as other teams call you and try to make a deal," Shefter said. "And Denver feels as if it got caught in the crosshairs and it didn't do anything wrong. They didn't shop Jay Cutler. They never tried to make a deal. Other teams came to the Broncos and obviously this leaked out, and once it leaked out, that's where problems arose."

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=110869&catid=339

omac
02-28-2009, 08:08 PM
During a Week 3... It was on Monday Night Football game against the Arizona Cardinals, Young was violently sacked by Cardinals' cornerback Aeneas Williams due to a missed blocking assignment by 49ers' running back Lawrence Phillips. Young was knocked out of the game and did not return to that game, or any game the rest of the season, suffering from symptoms of post-concussion syndrome. Young was forced to retire at the end of the season.

Good for us, Cutler got used to taking hits, playing for Vandy. :D He also toughened himself up at Vandy, knowing he'd take hits. I read somewhere he was on the thin side when he entered Vandy, and he had to work hard at building his muscles for the pounding.

BeefStew25
02-28-2009, 08:09 PM
A quick aside: At some point Cutty needs to quit coming off as an Emo Beaver.

PatricktheDookie
02-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Per Denver Post:

Even without serious competition from a backup, the Broncos had themselves a quarterback controversy Friday.

Jay Cutler, the Broncos' starting quarterback, the franchise, the one player who carried all hope for a greater future, believes his days with the team are numbered — even after a proposed deal that would have sent him to Tampa Bay and Matt Cassel to Denver never materialized.

"My understanding at this point is they're trying to trade me," Cutler said this afternoon. "We'll see where I end up at. I liked it here, I liked playing with these guys but obviously they're not going to let me have that opportunity."

The deal had Tampa Bay trying to acquire Cutler in exchange for a first-round draft pick. In turn, the Broncos would have traded the first-round draft pick to New England in exchange for quarterback Matt Cassel.

McDaniels was the Patriots' offensive coordinator last season when he helped guide Cassel, a career-long backup, to an 11-5 record and 89.4 passer rating that ranked 10th in the league.

It may be important to note, Tampa Bay initiated the deal. And they weren't the only team that inquired about acquiring Cutler.

"He's not the only person in the last few days we've received calls on," McDaniels said. "We've received trade calls on a number of players, which is not uncommon this time of the year. I also think the sensitivity of the other trade that was occurring, with my relationship with New England and the whole Cassel thing, I think that stirred the pot even more."

And then McDaniels made a point of emphasis: "We don't want to trade Jay. We never did. He's our quarterback. We're excited about this season. And excited about what we're doing here in free agency to improve our team."

Cassel was instead traded Saturday to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for the No. 34 overall pick in the upcoming draft.

Nevertheless, Cutler was shaken his team entertained moving him, and doesn't believe such a possibility is dead.

"I'm upset. I mean I'm really shocked at this point," he said. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. I just don't get it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."

Cutler has three years left on the six-year contract he signed prior to his rookie season. He said Broncos officials denied they were trying to him in a conversation with his agent Bus Cook. Cutler added that after the proposed deal spread through the Internet, the team cut off communication with Cook.

Had the proposed trade gone through, it would have been a head-scratcher from the Broncos' standpoint. Cutler is a first-round talent. He was picked No. 11 overall in the 2006 draft and if the league re-did that draft today, Cutler might go No. 2, behind only Houston defensive end Mario Williams.

Cassel, meanwhile, did not start one game at quarterback at USC and never started in the NFL until this, his fourth season.

Granted, he played behind Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC and Tom Brady at New England. But Cassel doesn't have near the arm strength or big-play capability of Cutler, whose 4,526 yards ranked only behind Drew Brees and Kurt Warner among NFL quarterbacks last season.

If Cutler is not traded, and he stays with the Broncos, can his situation be mended? Cutler took a long pause before answering.

"Anything can be mended," he said. "I'll always play with the guys we've got. I love playing for those guys. Obviously, Josh and I's relationship has taken a few steps backward. I don't play for the coaches anyway, I play for teammates. As long as we keep the guys we've got I'll go out there and play. I love those guys."

Cutler said he had spoken with teammates Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley, Tony Scheffler and Casey Wiegmann, among others, about his trade.

"I know they love playing for me and I love playing for them," Cutler said. "There's going to be a lot of problems if they try to trade me. Well, they've already tried to trade me, but if they trade me for sure."

I think Cutler summed it up pretty well.

McDaniels is at risk of losing the locker room.

omac
02-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Nope, what wasn't mentioned in the trade with the Bucs was they wanted to trade Plummer and a 2nd to Denver for Cutler but Plummer was un-reachable...:laugh:

Funny, lots of teams showed genuine interest in Cutler ... only Gruden wanted Plummer, though. Handball, definitely a good decision. :cheers:

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 08:11 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11809351

this just broke

I didn't see where he is demanding a trade. His remarks sound pretty punkish to me though like "there is going to be big trouble if they trade me"

Memo to Cutler: you are not bigger than the team.

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Per Denver Post:

Either McKid and Xanders are lying out their butts, or Cutler needs to grow up.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 08:12 PM

Except for his own team....:laugh:

Mike
02-28-2009, 08:13 PM
I didn't see where he is demanding a trade. His remarks sound pretty punkish to me though like "there is going to be big trouble if they trade me"

Memo to Cutler: you are not bigger than the team.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1666/Source--Spurned-Cutler-wants-to-be-traded.html

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Denver Broncos may have seriously damaged their relationship with quarterback Jay Cutler.

A source close to the situation confirmed that the Broncos were trying to acquire quarterback Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots by dangling Cutler, their Pro Bowl quarterback.

The trade talk infuriated Cutler, who now wants to leave the Broncos.

The source said it was a three-way deal that would have sent Cassel to Denver to reunite with former Patriots offensive coordinator and new Denver head coach Josh McDaniels, Cutler to Tampa Bay and compensation from Tampa Bay to New England. The trade possibility became moot when Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel were traded Saturday to Denver's AFC West rival Kansas City for a second-round pick.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Broncos were actively pursuing the trade because McDaniels wanted to be reunited with Cassel, who excelled under McDaniels last season as an injury replacement for Tom Brady.

The source said in the aftermath of the news Saturday, Cutler asked permission to find his own trade partner but was denied by the Broncos. The source added that Cutler is still hopeful he will be traded because he feels betrayed by McDaniels.

The source said Denver is no longer interested in dealing Cutler, who made the Pro Bowl in 2008, his second full season as a starter. The source said Tampa Bay, Detroit and Chicago could be possible destinations if Cutler gets his way and is traded. The source pointed out that until Cutler heard about the trade talks Saturday, he was completely happy playing for McDaniels and being in Denver.

It may be difficult for Denver to trade Cutler now because there are no other quality quarterbacks available. It would be silly to trade him to the Lions for the No. 1 overall pick and try to draft Georgia's Matthew Stafford or USC's Mark Sanchez. Neither of those players is a known commodity, while Cutler has blossomed into one of the NFL's better quarterbacks.

Denver has to regain Cutler's trust immediately or this could turn into one of the NFL's uglier situations.

The source said that while Denver will hope to smooth the situation over time, Cutler probably will seek to depart Denver as a restricted free agent in two years. Cutler signed a six-year deal with the Broncos after he was drafted with the No. 11 overall pick in 2006.

The source said Cutler was hurt by the news that McDaniels wanted to start his Denver tenure with Cassel and not him.

"The relationship has been tarnished," the source said. "I think it's beyond repair."

Cutler expressed displeasure when Denver fired coach Mike Shanahan in December. However, he has been publicly supportive of McDaniels and had several good meetings with the coach in the weeks since McDaniels took over. The source said Cutler was confused by the trade talk.

"It's like a knife to Jay's heart," the source said. "It will be hard for him to get past this."

McDaniels will be able to get past this issue, but it may take some time. The Broncos sold McDaniels' hiring as a chance for Cutler to flourish. Seven weeks later, the pairing has taken a sudden and potentially disastrous turn.

Mike
02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
A quick aside: At some point Cutty needs to quit coming off as an Emo Beaver.

On the field, I agree. I do understand why he'd be pissed about this situation though.

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Far cry from requesting a trade...

Edit: just saw the other article.

omac
02-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Except for his own team....:laugh:

Huh? You make no sense. :D That's cool. It's a Sunday, and I'm off to golf. :cheers:

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Either McKid and Xanders are lying out their butts, or Cutler needs to grow up.

Sounds to me like Cutler doesn't like McD...which I think we might have already known, and if the coaches are saying they are not trying to trade Cutler but Cutler says they are, then Cutler is making a mtn out of a mole hill.

Mike
02-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Sounds to me like Cutler doesn't like McD...which I think we might have already known, and if the coaches are saying they are not trying to trade Cutler but Cutler says they are, then Cutler is making a mtn out of a mole hill.

Or the coaches are lying.

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 08:23 PM
It basically boils down to somebody is lying. Either the "source" or McKid and Xanders. NFLN and the Denver Post are spinning it one way, ESPN the other. Guess we'll wait and see.

ikillz0mbies
02-28-2009, 08:24 PM

True. But Cutler feels like he has been betrayed by the new coach, which makes his reaction understandable.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 08:28 PM
True. But Cutler feels like he has been betrayed by the new coach, which makes his reaction understandable.

Then its time to cut tie's with Cutler and start fresh. According to the article Mike posted, the "source" stats the relationship is "beyond repair". Thats from Cutlers' source, not the coaches source.

Again, obviously Cutler is not going to be able to handle this business ...the "business" aspect of this game. If he can man up and get through this and realize its not just a game, but also a business he will be better for it as will the Broncos. I am not holding my breath that he can do that though.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Hopefully the fire will go out, and the smoke will clear, and the NEW Broncos' powers to be had better realize that once there is a comment/story made in regards to the Broncos, it spreads like wild fire.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 08:35 PM
isn't this fun?

rcsodak
02-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Laughable......

Oh wait....I meant to say:

FIRE!!!!!!

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 08:38 PM

Sounds pretty cut and dry to me. And now Cutler is being a little drama queen and stirring the pot because he has a chip on his shoulder concerning the McDaniels hire.

arizonakid22
02-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Jay needs to grow up! period....all of you need to relax as well.

First: None of us own the team, none of us have money on the line.
Second: Just like when a company goes bk they restructure the entire organization, we have not won a playoff game in a long time. No Playoffs for 3 years! 3 YEARS PEOPLE!
Third: We were 8-8 last year, blew a three game lead in the division and lost a our last game to the SD super chargers.

Some of the people on this board need to grow up as much as Jay, why are you over-reacting to every rumor you hear. WE STILL HAVE THE DRAFT with a ton of picks, how about you wait to BITCH until after next season is over. Last I checked none of us have experience in a front office of any NFL team.

Timmy!
02-28-2009, 08:39 PM
isn't this fun?

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Station/9343/nuke3.gif

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Jay needs to grow up! period....all of you need to relax as well.

First: None of us own the team, none of us have money on the line.
Second: Just like when a company goes bk they restructure the entire organization, we have not won a playoff game in a long time. No Playoffs for 3 years! 3 YEARS PEOPLE!
Third: We were 8-8 last year, blew a three game lead in the division and lost a our last game to the SD super chargers.

Some of the people on this board need to grow up as much as Jay, why are you over-reacting to every rumor you hear. WE STILL HAVE THE DRAFT with a ton of picks, how about you wait to BITCH until after next season is over. Last I checked none of us have experience in a front office of any NFL team.

mr 8 post here thinks he needs to get us all in line.

Mike
02-28-2009, 08:41 PM
mr 8 post here thinks he needs to get us all in line.

Just grow up, buddy. We been told.

BeefStew25
02-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Sounds pretty cut and dry to me. And now Cutler is being a little drama queen and stirring the pot because he has a chip on his shoulder concerning the McDaniels hire.

You're just speculating. Unless you were in the room hearing the talks, you really have no clue what really went on.

arizonakid22
02-28-2009, 08:45 PM
I did not know I needed have a min number of posts to speak intelligently on a subject. I read your posts everyday, I choose not to comment. I did today....get over it!

Hobe
02-28-2009, 08:46 PM
I just happened to turn on the NFL channel for a few minutes today and they were talking about the Cassel/Vrabel trade to Kansas City. The announcer asked if there had been any other rumors about Cassel. The two panelists (Not even sure who they were.) desmist the question and talked about the draft pick. Basicly, one of the panelists was trying to justify New England for trading both Cassel and Vrabel for just 34th draft pick. I thought, “Kissen’ the Pats butt again,” and turned to the History Channel where they were going to tell me how the Earth was made! Cool stuff!

Now I get on here and it looks like a hornet’s nest that’s been poked with a stick. Come on guys.

http://www.geocities.com/vibestothemax/chill_pill.jpg

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 08:46 PM
In related news the San Francisco 49ers inquired about Ben Roethlisberger and were told no.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 08:48 PM
In related news the San Francisco 49ers inquired about Ben Roethlisberger and were told no.

I was just inquired by Broncos Country but I told them no.