PDA

View Full Version : adam schefter reported trade offers were made for cutler

Pages : [1] 2

nevcraw
02-28-2009, 03:05 PM
somewhere in the Cassel trade some calls were made to aquire Cutler.. Reported by Schefter that Cutler is not please. Broncos said "they called us"...

nevcraw
02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Detroit and Tampa were reported as the teams interested..

dogfish
Wtf??

Flatinum
Adam Shefter just reported that the Lions and Bucs tried to get in on the Cassel trade. But both teams were trying to get him and trade him to Denver for Cutler. Both teams called Denver to see if they were interested in case they acquired Cassel.

Shefter reporting Cutler is pissed.

dogfish
02-28-2009, 03:07 PM
why the hell would we want to trade cutler for cassell?

:confused:

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 03:07 PM
I would something than that.

Flatinum
02-28-2009, 03:08 PM
They said they wouldn't but I guess the Bucs/Lions might have figured they had a chance because McDaniels now runs the show.

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I would something than that.

What does this mean?

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Man that would suck!!!

tubby
02-28-2009, 03:10 PM
:rofl:

BeefStew25
02-28-2009, 03:11 PM

troll

TXBRONC
What does this mean?

It means I would like to see it in article.

lex
why the hell would we want to trade cutler for cassell?

:confused:

Our new gem of a coach maybe?

silkamilkamonico
If Denver happens to trade Cutler, and Denver starts winning next year, I would be happy as ----. No one player is over the organization.

honz
Trade him! He is immature, throws hissy fits, and sucked in the Pro Bowl! Cassel's team won more games last year. I'd rather have Cassel.

:elefant:

Broncospsycho77
02-28-2009, 03:12 PM
And that's why the Lions have the worst front office evah.

turftoad
02-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Trade him! He is immature, throws hissy fits, and sucked in the Pro Bowl! Cassel's team won more games last year. I'd rather have Cassel.

:elefant:

:tsk:

lex
02-28-2009, 03:14 PM
If Denver happens to trade Cutler, and Denver starts winning next year, I would be happy as ----. No one player is over the organization.

Neither is a coach. Cutler was part of the organization when McDaniels got here.

tubby
02-28-2009, 03:15 PM
1:1 Cutler goes out and gets alcohol poisoning tonight.

:pukesonachick:

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 03:16 PM

Oh yeah and its as easy as picking a apple from tree to find a franchise quarterback to replace him.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Neither is a coach. Cutler was part of the organization when McDaniels got here.

Cutler isn't even an above .500 QB in the NFL. Keep in mind how far Carson Palmer has fallen, and the defensive argument is irrelevant.

I love Cutler. But I just want to start winning.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Oh yeah and its as easy as picking a apple from tree to find a franchise quarterback to replace him.

Well, New England hasn't had a problem implementing a QB friendly system.

You could even argue Cassel was a better QB than Cutler last year.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Cutler isn't even an above .500 QB in the NFL. Keep in mind how far Carson Palmer has fallen, and the defensive argument is irrelevant.

It would be a dumbass move to trade away a franchise quarterback.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 03:20 PM
It would be dumbass move to trade away a franchise quarterback.

Well, hopefully not trading him will eventually pay off. Considering our schedule next year, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Not that it's all Cutler's fault though.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Well, New England hasn't had a problem implementing a QB friendly system.

You could even argue Cassel was a better QB than Cutler last year.

Well no you couldn't if you want to be taken seriously. By the way did New England make the playoffs? Last time I checked they still didn't.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
per rotoworld

Speaking on NFL Network, Adam Schefter reported that the Lions and Bucs both attempted to enter Matt Cassel trade talks at the last minute.
At least one of the teams was interested in acquiring Cassel and flipping and picks to Denver for Jay Cutler. Denver obviously told them to pound sand. Schefter was clear that the Broncos only fielded phone calls and never instigated Cutler trade talks.
Related: Matt Cassel

We better have not came up with this idea....
We would have a disgruntled QB on our hands

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 03:23 PM

If we trade Cutler I will be right there with you Lex.. That would do it.

Thnikkaman
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah. Lets trade Cutler. While we are at it, lets cut Marshal and Royal while we are at it. I am sure Cutler is pissed right now, but he will get over it. I would like to see him play with a chip on his shoulder.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Well no you couldn't if you want to be taken seriously. By the way did New England make the playoffs? Last time I checked they still didn't.

Way to pull out the playoff argument, especially considering New England went 11-5, in a far tougher division then Denver did. Cassel had better overall stats than Cutler did.

What's more magnified than that, Cutler was one of the worst QB's in the NFL production wise in the entire second half. What's the point of starting strong when you finish weak?

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 03:26 PM

From what I have just read Denver didn't initiate the talks.

tubby
02-28-2009, 03:27 PM
If we trade Cutler I will be right there with you Lex.. That would do it.

Why? The Broncos could make the palyoffs next year with or without Cutler. We don't know how things will play out.

Winning is all that matters, and if trading Cutler would have brought more wins, who could be upset with that?

elsid13
It means I would like to see it in article.

Cutler upset over potential deals to Detroit, Tampa Bay
By Adam Schefter

There’s one story behind the trade of Matt Cassel to the Chiefs. There’s a whole other story behind that blockbuster story.

While New England and Kansas City were agreeing to Saturday’s trade of Cassel to the Chiefs for the draft’s 34th overall pick, there were more teams in the mix. Detroit, Tampa and Denver were involved in trade talks of their own also tied to Cassel, according to sources in the respective NFL cities.

Tampa approached Denver to try to make a three-way trade that would have sent Cassel to the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler to the Buccaneers. The Broncos entertained the notion and pondered it but ultimately decided against it.

Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait. Once again, Denver debated the deal and opted against it apparently. What made it a moot point was that while all Tampa, Detroit and Denver engaged in trade talks with New Engalnd, the Patriots went ahead and dealt Cassel to the Chiefs.

The Broncos firmly maintain that they never intended to trade Cutler, that they were approached to make the trades. But, as of Saturday afternoon, Cutler was angry to hear that his name had been floated in any trade conversations.

Now the Chiefs have Cassel, the Broncos still have Cutler and the Lions and Buccaneers continue their search for quarterbacks in one of the wilder and more complex behind-the-scene drams the NFL has seen in any recent off-season.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/cutl...oit-tampa-bay/

MOtorboat
From what I have just read Denver didn't initiate the talks.

Schefter probably called Cutler out of the blue and said, "did you know that Tampa and Detroit inquired about you," and he got pissed on the phone. Players with contracts aren't sitting around their house waiting for phone calls right now about trades...I'd be irritated if I got called today by someone not my employer and said that they wanted to possibly get rid of me, too.

lex
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM

Heres a news flash. QBs are not boxers. They play on a team. They dont play defense. There are many other components that go into wins and losses. Cutler played on a team with the worst defense in the NFL. Why is the "isn't even an above .500 QB" even relevant?

lex
02-28-2009, 03:30 PM
By Adam Schefter

There’s one story behind the trade of Matt Cassel to the Chiefs. There’s a whole other story behind that blockbuster story.

While New England and Kansas City were agreeing to Saturday’s trade of Cassel to the Chiefs for the draft’s 34th overall pick, there were more teams in the mix. Detroit, Tampa and Denver were involved in trade talks of their own also tied to Cassel, according to sources in the respective NFL cities.

Tampa approached Denver to try to make a three-way trade that would have sent Cassel to the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler to the Buccaneers. The Broncos entertained the notion and pondered it but ultimately decided against it.

Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait. Once again, Denver debated the deal and opted against it apparently. What made it a moot point was that while all Tampa, Detroit and Denver engaged in trade talks with New Engalnd, the Patriots went ahead and dealt Cassel to the Chiefs.

The Broncos firmly maintain that they never intended to trade Cutler, that they were approached to make the trades. But, as of Saturday afternoon, Cutler was angry to hear that his name had been floated in any trade conversations.

Now the Chiefs have Cassel, the Broncos still have Cutler and the Lions and Buccaneers continue their search for quarterbacks in one of the wilder and more complex behind-the-scene drams the NFL has seen in any recent off-season.

What Ive bolded looks really bad for the front office.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Heres a news flash. QBs are not boxers. They play on a team. They dont play defense. There are many other components that go into wins and losses. Cutler played on a team with the worst defense in the NFL. Why is the "isn't even an above .500 QB" even relevant?

Only shows just how sorry the state of the organization is in right now, and over the last 3 years.

And some people didn't want Shanahan fired?

LMAO

tubby
02-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Way to pull out the playoff argument, especially considering New England went 11-5, in a far tougher division then Denver did. Cassel had better overall stats than Cutler did.

What's more magnified than that, Cutler was one of the worst QB's in the NFL production wise in the entire second half. What's the point of starting strong when you finish weak?

He straight up sucked balls down the stretch. I heard it had something to do with Bud Light releasing their Chelda.

fcspikeit

It's pretty clear the Lions and Bucs thought more of Cutler..

MOtorboat

Which is probably why Xanders and Bowlen said no.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 03:32 PM

Is true? Did they make the playoffs? Oh yeah they play in much trougher division, that's why everyone was shocked that Miami went from 1-15 to division winners.

I think you're full of it about who had the better stats. Tell again about weak finishes? You either make the playoffs or you don't.

lex
02-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Only shows just how sorry the state of the organization is in right now, and over the last 3 years.

And some people didn't want Shanahan fired?

LMAO

Change the topic to Shanahan if you want but before it goes in that direction, I just want to reiterate that it was retarded to bring up wins and losses.

lex
02-28-2009, 03:34 PM

They didnt actually say no on the deal with Detroit. Discussions were in the works when NE pulled the trigger on a different deal.

silkamilkamonico

Considering both franchises have had arguably garbage QB play over the last few years (yea, Garcia is severly overrated), it doesn't suprise me.

I'm not hating on Cutler. I'm hating on the organization. If trading anyone makes the organization better on the field, I'm all for it. I'm sick of falling into the KC Chiefs level.

WhatEver!!!
Why in the He!! are we trying to compare these two QBs. Cassel had a good receiving corps which is as good as Culter's; Moss = Marshall, Welker = Royal. BUT Cassel also had a decent running game. Denver only had Culter. That makes a huge difference in QB numbers; ints, TDs, %, QB rating, etc... if the opposing team knows you will have to throw the ball they will play a cover 8 --> sending 8 into coverage.

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 03:35 PM
They didnt actually say no on the deal with Detroit. Discussions were in the works when NE pulled the trigger on a different deal.

Where'd you hear that?

Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait. Once again, Denver debated the deal and opted against it apparently.

BigCurly1230
Cassel is not a better QB than Jay Cutler.
He was a product of the system in New England
I cant wait till Brian Dawkins intimidates the shit outta him twice a year for the next 5 years!

TXBRONC
Considering both franchises have had arguably garbage QB play over the last few years (yea, Garcia is severly overrated), it doesn't suprise me.

I'm not hating on Cutler. I'm hating on the organization. If trading anyone makes the organization better on the field, I'm all for it. I'm sick of falling into the KC Chiefs level.

Right you're weren't hating on Cutler. :coffee:

turftoad
02-28-2009, 03:36 PM

It's pretty clear that those teams were trying to take advantage of McKids man love for his former Patriot players. Peoriod.

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 03:36 PM

It makes you wonder if Mckid would have made the trade?

Man I don't like this! s if we needed a wedge between cutler and Mckid :tsk:

claymore
02-28-2009, 03:37 PM

I dont even know what to say to you.

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 03:37 PM
It makes you wonder if Mckid would have made the trade?

Man I don't like this! s if we needed a wedge between cutler and Mckid :tsk:

People, including Schefter are creating a lot more drama about this than should be even thought about.

In other rumors, Tampa inquired Indianapolis about Peyton Manning, and the Colts said no.

Rogue
02-28-2009, 03:38 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/cutler-upset-over-potential-deals-to-detroit-tampa-bay/

Now the Chiefs have Cassel, the Broncos still have Cutler and the Lions and Buccaneers continue their search for quarterbacks in one of the wilder and more complex behind-the-scene dramas the NFL has seen in any recent offseason.

silkamilkamonico
Is true? Did they make the playoffs? Oh yeah they play in much trougher division, that's why everyone was shocked that Miami went from 1-15 to division winners.

I think you're full of it about who had the better stats. Tell again about weak finishes? You either make the playoffs or you don't.

LMAO I'm not even responding to your garbage argument. 11-5 > 8-8. AFCEast is >> than the AFCWorst(division in the NFL) Oh yea, Denver was 1-3 against that Division.

I think you're ignorant to not know about Denver's struggles in the second half last year. Weak finishes. Go back and watch the games, and see for yourself. Better yet, go to NFL.com and look at the Denver's schedule/results.

Watch Denver games before you start criticizing people's opinions on facts about their production(or lack of) on the field.

fcspikeit

They thought more of Cutler then Cassel...

Simple Jaded
02-28-2009, 03:39 PM
If they even considered it this organization is a turd circling the drain.......

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Right you're weren't hating on Cutler. :coffee:

Where was I "hating" on him.

I'm not going by the logic of "who cares about winning when you can have a franchise QB" logic like you are.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Where'd you hear that?

Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait. Once again, Denver debated the deal and opted against it apparently.

Reread the scheffer report. I think that McKid was actually thinking this might be a good idea to put his imprint on the team, because Cutler was Shannahan's guy. But let face the fact that franchise QB like Cutler is more important then any coach. Great QB make average coach look smart not the other way around

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
They thought more of Cutler then Cassel...

Obviously. I would hope so. Cutler's been a good young talent for 3 years now.

lex
02-28-2009, 03:41 PM
By Adam Schefter

Where'd you hear that?

How is it that Denver can claim they decided against it when New England went with another deal before that? If NE took the KC deal while the Denver Detroit deal was being discussed, then New England terminated any possibility of trading Cutler and not Denvers FO.

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 03:42 PM
How is it that Denver can claim they decided against it when New England went with another deal before that? If NE took the KC deal while the Denver Detroit deal was being discussed, then New England terminated any possibility of trading Cutler and not Denvers FO.

Again...how do you know the chronology of this?

You're just looking for a way to slam the new coach.

lex
02-28-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm calling BS on that one lex..

Tell that to Schefter.

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 03:43 PM
People, including Schefter are creating a lot more drama about this than should be even thought about.

In other rumors, Tampa inquired Indianapolis about Peyton Manning, and the Colts said no.

Did the colts tell them to **** off or engage in trade talks?

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Reread the scheffer report. I think that McKid was actually thinking this might be a good idea to put his imprint on the team, because Cutler was Shannahan's guy. But let face the fact that franchise QB like Cutler is more important then any coach. Great QB make average coach look smart not the other way around

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/cutler-upset-over-potential-deals-to-detroit-tampa-bay/

Now the Chiefs have Cassel, the Broncos still have Cutler and the Lions and Buccaneers continue their search for quarterbacks in one of the wilder and more complex behind-the-scene dramas the NFL has seen in any recent offseason.

Maybe, we should bold a different sentence in this story. :rolleyes:

People are making WAY too much of a deal out of NOTHING on this.

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Did the colts them off or engage in trade talks?

Where did it say "Denver engaged in trade talks"?

Lord.

:rolleyes:

elsid13
02-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Schefter is now reporting that Mckid was really serious considering making the deal.

lex
Again...how do you know the chronology of this?

You're just looking for a way to slam the new coach.

Its implied in the article. The article suggests that Denver may have declined on the deal or maybe not. If Denver didnt wasnt interested how did discussions go on long enough for New England to want to pull the trigger on another deal?

claymore
Bowlen would have never let Cutler get traded. I would imagine he would be pretty pissed if someone even brought the idea to his desk.

I wouldnt trade Cutler for anything less than 2 years worth of draft picks From Detroit, or Tampa...... 14 Picks is what it would take IMO...

TXBRONC
LMAO I'm not even responding to your garbage argument. 11-5 > 8-8. AFCEast is >> than the AFCWorst(division in the NFL) Oh yea, Denver was 1-3 against that Division.

I think you're ignorant to not know about Denver's struggles in the second half last year. Weak finishes. Go back and watch the games, and see for yourself. Better yet, go to NFL.com and look at the Denver's schedule/results.

Watch Denver games before you start criticizing people's opinions on facts about their production(or lack of) on the field.

Hey genius I watched all but one game this year I know as well as anyone what happened apparently you really don't.

MOtorboat
Schefter is now reporting that Mckid was really serious considering making the deal.

What was the rest of the deal? The No. 1 pick?

elsid13
02-28-2009, 03:46 PM

Lord.

What made it a moot point was that while all Tampa, Detroit and Denver engaged in trade talks with New Engalnd, the Patrio

elsid13
What was the rest of the deal? The No. 1 pick?

It appears the 1st of the 2nd round

nevcraw
I don't believe you. You created a rumor to get our attention. Pat Bowlen cherishes Cutler and he is not going anywhere. Cuter is way too good and there is no way to trade him.

Prove it to us. Where is the link? Find it.

People have posted links all over this thread..

I could not post a link from my TV to keypad in order fro you to believe me..

lex
02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Maybe, we should bold a different sentence in this story. :rolleyes:

People are making WAY too much of a deal out of NOTHING on this.

He says apparently...suggesting that it may be true or it may not be true. Denver has every reason to say it declined the deal even though it was really because NE went with another deal.

Broncospsycho77
02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
LOL, I'm not reading much into this.

It reminds me of this one time when I was younger when my family went to NYC and my Dad haggled with this watch salesman, just to see how far he would go and find out where he hides his good watches, all for entertainment.

claymore
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
I wish I could Hire Larry Tate the Office Linebacker to take out Silk

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Obviously. I would hope so. Cutler's been a good young talent for 3 years now.

If it's so obvious, why are you talking as if we should have considered traded Cutler?

underrated29
02-28-2009, 03:49 PM
1. I would be pissed too.

2. ANYONE WHO THINKS CASSEL NOW, LAST YEAR, TOMORROW, IN 50 YEARS, IS A BETTER QB THEN JAY IS THE DUMBEST MUTHA F. ER EVER!!!!!

3. As a coach i would listen to the talks, but unless it included calvin johnson, cassel, randy moss, wilfork, and another standout defensive player i would also tell them to F off.

turftoad
02-28-2009, 03:49 PM

It's pretty clear that those teams were trying to take advantage of McKids man love for his former Patriot players. Peoriod.

Wow, McKid is going to get Mckilled by the Mcfans by turning us into the McPatriots. :D

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 03:50 PM

Yeah it didn't say it was a mood point because nE traded Cassel to the Chiefs, first it said Denver opted out of the talks then they traded him to the Chiefs..

claymore
02-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Wow, McKid is going to get Mckilled by the Mcfans by turning us into the McPatriots. :D

I would egg dove valley HQ if they did this. Im mad just thinking of it.

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 03:52 PM
I would egg dove valley HQ if they did this. Im mad just thinking of it.

We've signed one Patriot.

We've signed one Dolphin and considering another...

Just saying...

Tned
He says apparently...suggesting that it may be true or it may not be true. Denver has every reason to say it declined the deal even though it was really because NE went with another deal.

Just because they have 'every reason' to say something, doesn't mean the statement is actually false.

silkamilkamonico
Hey genius I watched all but one game this year I know as well as anyone what happened apparently you really don't.

LMAO Great argument. I'll put that one up there with your "11-5 is not better than 8-8" one.

fcspikeit

Lord.

"The Broncos entertained the notion and pondered it but ultimately decided against it.

Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait. Once again, Denver debated the deal and opted against it apparently"

They had to engage in the trade talks are they would have had nothing to ponder or consider..

elsid13

McKid is going to be working McDonald's serving Big Macs if thinks this good deal

dogfish
02-28-2009, 03:53 PM

doogie needs to pull his head out of his ass. . . get to fixin' the defense dimwit!

Tned

Unless he brings the McLombardi Trophy quickly, then everyone will forget moves they didn't like.

Broncospsycho77
LMAO Great argument. I'll put that one up there than "11-5 is not better than 8-8" one.

Matt Cassel's not really responsible for the whole 11-5 thing, though. That's the point everyone's trying to make.

lex
02-28-2009, 03:54 PM

Print it!

Devilspawn
02-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Now this is good stuff. I'm jealous, we usually get the offseason drama. Lucky guys.

silkamilkamonico
If it's so obvious, why are you talking as if we should have considered traded Cutler?

If we trade Cutler for a guy like Cassel, not only are we getting a QB that can obviously flourish in McDaniels system(yes, I'm sure Cutler can), but we would be getting either a better pick, or another couple picks, t help out our God Forsaken play. It's a win-win. More help for the team. Still have good QB play.

Broncospsycho77
FWIW, I'd rather be the McPatriots than the Denver Browncos.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Matt Cassel's not really responsible for the whole 11-5 thing, though. That's the point everyone's trying to make.

Which is why I don't understand why people aren't for "helping the team out".

nevcraw
02-28-2009, 03:56 PM
the biggest news out of this Pioloi is not only getting some solid players while at the same time creating a soap opera for one of his rivals..

Mike
02-28-2009, 03:57 PM
FWIW, I'd rather be the McPatriots than the Denver Browncos.

Does the video recording set up come with the deal? :rolleyes:

lex
Just because they have 'every reason' to say something, doesn't mean the statement is actually false.

LOL...believe what you want. Ive already acknowledged as much. By virtue of the fact that talks went on long enough for NE to go with another deal (as Schefter implies), it seems more likely Denver didnt make the decision on the Detroit deal.

EMB6903
I dont know what the big deal is... maybe there is more we dont know but why would Cutler be upset about this

and LMAO @ anybody who wants to trade Cutler.... Im glad you guys arent running things

Cassel over Cutler?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

its unbelievable how foolish Bronco fans are sometimes.

lex
02-28-2009, 03:58 PM
the biggest news out of this Pioloi is not only getting some solid players while at the same time creating a soap opera for one of his rivals..

Or put another way...McDaniels is creating drama.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 03:58 PM

I don't think Cassel is going to be anywhere near the QB in KC that he was in NE. Unless they KC is changing to a spread offense or something unconventional to their power running ways the last few years.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 03:59 PM
LMAO Great argument. I'll put that one up there with your "11-5 is not better than 8-8" one.

I ignored it the first time because it's assine thing for you say, so since you're a genius show where 11-5 is not better than 8-8?

DallasChief
02-28-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't think Cassel is going to be anywhere near the QB in KC that he was in NE. Unless they KC is changing to a spread offense or something unconventional to their power running ways the last few years.

You mean change to something like what the Cardinals run? I don't think the Chiefs offense will look anything like it did under Herm.

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 04:00 PM
If we trade Cutler for a guy like Cassel, not only are we getting a QB that can obviously flourish in McDaniels system(yes, I'm sure Cutler can), but we would be getting either a better pick, or another couple picks, t help out our God Forsaken play. It's a win-win. More help for the team. Still have good QB play.

NE would have got the 2nd round pick... We would have got Cassel.

nevcraw
02-28-2009, 04:02 PM

for listening to trade offers??? Please..

Now your just being well you...

turftoad
02-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Which is why I don't understand why people aren't for "helping the team out".

Helping out the team would be by keeping Cutler.

We don't know what Cassell can do with another team. WE...... are not......... the Patriots. The Pats made an average QB look good. Yes, average QB.

I wouldn't take Cassell and a draft pick for Cutler.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:03 PM
I ignored it the first time because it's assine thing for you say, so since you're a genius show where 11-5 is not better than 8-8?

I'm not even going to bother showing that. Learn math 101. I'll simplify it for you. 11 wins is better than 8 wins. 5 losses is better than 8 losses. You do not want losses. You want wins.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:03 PM
You mean change to something like what the Cardinals run? I don't think the Chiefs offense will look anything like it did under Herm.

They have a LOT of player personnel to change than, and it isn't happening anytime soon.

turftoad
02-28-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm not even going to bother showing that. Learn math 101. I'll simplify it for you. 11 wins is better than 8 wins. 5 losses is better than 8 losses. You do not want losses. You want wins.

Thats why we need a "D".

underrated29
IT WOUldnt be a win win though....We would lose a GREAT qb for an average one. Yeah we would get a pick or two- yeah.

Brandon, eddie, scheff, the lineman would all be PISSED OFF TO NO END!!

And frankly i wouldnt want to play for a coach that wants to make us another team...Bring in the players from his team and trade away some of the best ones and leaders on our team, because the other players are from where he was...

We are the Broncos, no other team. You want to adapt and mold some things after the pats fine. That would be good imo, trading away our best player would destroy the lockerroom and the fans.....

ANd YES I WOULD BE PISSED AS A FAN.

I was pissed when the avs traded away drury, and tanguay- I still hold that against them. No we didnt win the cup from it, but even if we had......Argghhh stupid moves.

Not the best news to hear.

silkamilkamonico
NE would have got the 2nd round pick... We would have got Cassel.

I don't know what the trade was. If they didn't really address it I don't think anyone else does either. I don't think that's really the argument here.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 04:05 PM

NO way!

AND not making the playoffs genius is still called not making playoffs that's call football for dummies.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Cassel reminds me of Billy Volek
Came in one year and had a great season...and look at Volek now!
Cassel is not a starting QB!
Didnt start a game since high school before last year!
This is pissing me off more by the minute!
If we find out this was McCoach's masterplan.....Cutler will not be happy and the bridges will be lit on fire!
Mark my words!
Cassel will not pan out

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Helping out the team would be by keeping Cutler.

We don't know what Cassell can do with another team. WE...... are not......... the Patriots. The Pats made an average QB look good. Yes, average QB.

I wouldn't take Cassell and a draft pick for Cutler.

That's all assumption. I don't believe for one second the Patriots made an average QB look good. I believe the system made an average player look good. If we were running that same system here, I would take that average QB's numbers any day of the week, especially the turnovers.

If Cutler has another great year, awesome. Let's just hope it's wins, and not production.

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't know what the trade was. If they didn't really address it I don't think anyone else does either. I don't think that's really the argument here.

How can it not be the argument? you said it would have made our team better. If all we got was Cassel then that can only mean Cassel is better then Cutler..

EMB6903
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM

you show how ignorant you really are when you base wins when Judging a QB not looking at the overall picture, Did Matt Cassell step in for a team that was 18-1 last year while being 16-0 in the regular season?

how great was Cutlers defense, and run game compared to Cassels?

but by that logic Trent Dilfer when he was with the Ravens was a top qb in the league, as was Brad Johnson when he won a superbowl... and currently Kerry Collins, Gus Frerrotte, Tavaris Jackson, and Jason Campbell are better than Jay Cutler GREAT LOGIC!

atleast come up with a legit argument instead of going by overall team records, what an absolute JOKE of an argument you brought to this thread.

NameUsedBefore
02-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Movie-preview voice: First he replaced a perfectly capable long-snapper with a Patriot... and paid him millions.

Then, he did what no one saw coming: He brought in the Patriots back up QB to replace a franchise player.

The team erupted.

The franchise was shaken to its core.

McDaniels, a maverick coach with nothing to lose, and all the Patriots players to gain.

In theaters now! Boop.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 04:09 PM
That's all assumption. I don't believe for one second the Patriots made an average QB look good. I believe the system made an average player look good. If we were running that same system here, I would take that average QB's numbers any day of the week, especially the turnovers.

If Cutler has another great year, awesome. Let's just hope it's wins, and not production.

so you are saying you would take an "average" QB made to look "good" in this system?
Why not take an "above average" QB in cutler made to look "great" in this system?

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:10 PM
NO way!

AND not making the playoffs genius is still called not making playoffs that's call football for dummies.

LMAO

Silk - "you could argue Cassel was a better QB than Cutler last year"

Tex - "Well no you couldn't if you want to be taken seriously. By the way did New England make the playoffs? Last time I checked they still didn't."

That's your exact quote. What are you insinuating, Cassel wasn't a better Qb because they didn't make the playoffs? Does that mean Pennington is a better QB because he did?

LMAO

nevcraw
02-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Cutler has already proven he is a better QB - record only tells a small story. I am glad cutler is still a bronco and no Im not pissed they listened to offers. We will probably not know the whole story. But it's a lot less sinister than Lex is reporting that Schefter is reporting.. see already it has been twisted..

tomjonesrocks
02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Thank God Cassel is now unavailable. That trade would have been a disaster.

Hopefully Cutler doesn't start demanding a trade himself now. We don't know what "considered" means though. Did the Broncos debate this for days or 5 minutes? On the other hand, is not hard to believe McDaniels seriously considered it with all these Pats he's bringing in and in Paxton's case, utterly unnecessarily. In which case I could understand why Cutler would be pissed, NFL being a business or not.

turftoad
02-28-2009, 04:12 PM

What's assumption is you thinking Cassell will repeat what he did last year with a new team. That my friend is assumption. :tsk:

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:13 PM
How can it not be the argument? you said it would have made our team better. If all we got was Cassel then that can only mean Cassel is better then Cutler..

Not exactly. This is what I said.

If Denver happens to trade Cutler, and Denver starts winning next year, I would be happy as ----.

I don't care if Tarvaris Jackson is our QB. I just want to start winning.

If we traded Cutler for Cassel straight up, and Denver started winning, yea I would be happy. I wouldn't go on and say Cassel is a better QB than Cutler, but I would still be happy. I won't argue with results on the field.

underrated29
02-28-2009, 04:14 PM
oh lord. Look at the thread i just started.

We are shopping Jay.

i am pissed.

Watchthemiddle
To make most of you HAPPY, I won't say much about this topic....

All I can say is, what is this going to do to Cutler's mental attitude now? It seems like ( and I could be wrong ) but he wasn't in a huge rush to meet with McDaniels once he got hired, and now this rumor or fact is floating out there.

FIrst off, he has no reason to be upset if the Broncos aren't the one's who instigated these calls.

However, what would give these teams the idea in the first place to think Denver would want to trade Cutler? :confused:

EMB6903
first silk uses wins as a reason to why Cassel is better than Cutler

that would mean Pennington is better then Cassel because his team had more success than Cassels.... right?

silkamilkamonico
you show how ignorant you really are when you base wins when Judging a QB not looking at the overall picture, Did Matt Cassell step in for a team that was 18-1 last year while being 16-0 in the regular season?

Did you even read the argument? It wasn't basing who's better off wins. Good grief, and you call me ignorant. Try reading the argument.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:15 PM
so you are saying you would take an "average" QB made to look "good" in this system?
Why not take an "above average" QB in cutler made to look "great" in this system?

No. I'm saying I would take a garbage QB, if it translates into wins on the field. Even the Carolina Panthers got to the SUperBowl with Jake Delhomme.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:16 PM
What's assumption is you thinking Cassell will repeat what he did last year with a new team. That my friend is assumption. :tsk:

I'm not. That's why my initial comment was "If Denver started winning......"

turftoad
02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
No. I'm saying I would take a garbage QB, if it translates into wins on the field. Even the Carolina Panthers got to the SUperBowl with Jake Delhomme.

Delhomme is better than Cassell.

warcrychief
02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
This is awesome! Pioli stepped on some GM's toes and some how Cutler was in the convo :laugh:

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:18 PM
first silk uses wins as a reason to why Cassel is better than Cutler

No I didn't. You're reading comprehension is either terrible, or you choosing to put words into my argument. Either way, just stop.

honz
02-28-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm gonna wait until the whole story comes out. I'm sure McDaniels will have to address this issue in the near future.

underrated29
02-28-2009, 04:19 PM
To make most of you HAPPY, I won't say much about this topic....

All I can say is, what is this going to do to Cutler's mental attitude now? It seems like ( and I could be wrong ) but he wasn't in a huge rush to meet with McDaniels once he got hired, and now this rumor or fact is floating out there.

FIrst off, he has no reason to be upset if the Broncos aren't the one's who instigated these calls.

However, what would give these teams the idea in the first place to think Denver would want to trade Cutler? :confused:

Because we shopped him...I made a thread with a link and everything...So Pissed!

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 04:19 PM

Hey if the McKid can make us win like the McPatriots, I don't think the fans would be too upset.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Delhomme is better than Cassell.

Well that's a matter of perception. 6 interceptions in arguably their biggest game says different. Maybe he was 3-4 years ago though.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm gonna wait until the whole story comes out. I'm sure McDaniels will have to address this issue in the near future.

He most certainly will have to address it to Cutler.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 04:22 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/sports

not past tense.......we ARE shopping Cutty

I want to punch Josh McDaniels in the teeth!

DallasChief
They have a LOT of player personnel to change than, and it isn't happening anytime soon.

How do you know how soon it will happen? Free agency just started on Friday and the last I checked the Chiefs had the second most room under the cap. They are far from done changing up this roster.

lex
taken from the mane:

Blockbuster breaking news concerning the Denver Broncos.

Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi has learned the Broncos are actively trying to shop Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler. Lombardi spoke to Cutler this morning. "I've heard the rumors," Cutler said. "I know what they're trying to do. Even though I love Denver and I'd love to remain a Bronco, I know how this business works. If they want me to play somewhere else, so be it."

The Broncos had a three-way deal in the works late last night with the Patriots and Buccaneers. The proposed trade would've sent Cutler to Tampa and Matt Cassel to Denver. That deal fell apart when Cassel was traded to the Chiefs earlier this morning.

Now the Broncos are turning to other teams in an effort to trade Cutler, possibly the Detroit Lions.

When contacted by CBS4 this afternoon, Broncos GM Brian Xanders denied any plans to trade Cutler.

However, Cutler confirmed to CBS4 that he is aware that trade talks have taken place.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:23 PM
How do you know how soon it will happen? Free agency just started on Friday and the last I checked the Chiefs had the second most room under the cap. They are far from done changing up this roster.

I'm making an opinion. That is ok for everyone.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Detroit and Tampa were reported as the teams interested..

NOW I see why Cutler is pissed .....ONLY Detroit and Tampa were the teams interested....

Oops!!

tomjonesrocks
02-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Scheffler also. Apparently McDaniels wants a whole new roster.

This is insanity.

nevcraw
02-28-2009, 04:33 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/sports

not past tense.......we ARE shopping Cutty

I want to punch Josh McDaniels in the teeth!

This says nothing new.. Spin..

elsid13
02-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Scheffler also. Apparently McDaniels wants a whole new roster.

This is insanity.

Tony Scheffler being traded?

elsid13
02-28-2009, 04:38 PM
I was willing to give McDanials and Xander the opportunity to be success but this ******* ridicules. The are attempt to kill this franchise

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:40 PM
They are blowing up an average roster.

I loved the offense, but let's not forget they were among the NFL's leaders in turnovers least season.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 04:43 PM

I loved the offense, but let's not forget they were among the NFL's leaders in turnovers least season.

So you think getting rid pro bowl type young talent make us better.

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 04:45 PM
I got the text from CBS 4 also, The Broncos are actively trying to shop Cutler.. It looks like Lex was right...

I can't believe this shit! If this isn't true Mckid better be clearing this shit up right now!

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 04:46 PM

which is why he needs to get fired. im already sick of this dude. to even entertain the thought of trading cutler for cassel and a draft pick is assinine. and anyone on this board that thinks cassel is a better qb and it doesnt matter what pansie system were playing is an idiot!

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:47 PM
So you think getting rid pro bowl type young talent make us better.

No.

I think going in a new direction, especially attitude, regardless of who is at fault and who isn't, will make us better.

Cutler and Marshall are not the first Pro Bowl players at their respective position Denver has had, and they certainly won't be the last.

I though it was interesting comment though, when Florio stated that some NFl circles have thought that Cutler has plateaued. I may believe it. I may not. I need to see what he can do with an average defense first.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 04:49 PM

your blind

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 04:50 PM
No.

I think going in a new direction, especially attitude, regardless of who is at fault and who isn't, will make us better.

Cutler and Marshall are not the first Pro Bowl players at their respective position Denver has had, and they certainly won't be the last.

I though it was interesting comment though, when Florio stated that some NFl circles have thought that Cutler has plateaued. I may believe it. I may not. I need to see what he can do with an average defense first.

yeah a new direction....backwards.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 04:52 PM
It sounds like most people are putting a single player before the entire team.

Cutler is not bigger than an entire organization. If trading him for a few players or a pick would improve THE BRONCOS than wouldn't that be a good thing?

Be mad at McDaniels all you want, but if some of his decisions are not the most popular but get us back to the playoffs and on the winning track then I am all for it.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:55 PM
yeah a new direction....backwards.

Good point. We don't want to break up our 8-8 Denver team that hasn't made the playoffs over the last 3 years. But hey, who cares about winning when you can have some Pro Bowl players.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 04:55 PM
It sounds like most people are putting a single player before the entire team.

Cutler is not bigger than an entire organization. If trading him for a few players or a pick would improve THE BRONCOS than wouldn't that be a good thing?

Be mad at McDaniels all you want, but if some of his decisions are not the most popular but get us back to the playoffs and on the winning track then I am all for it.

count me as one of those guys. you build a team around a franchise quarterback.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 04:59 PM
count me as one of those guys. you build a team around a franchise quarterback.

Lot of franchise QB's in this day and age. The league has roughly 14-18 at this point, give or take.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Good point. We don't want to break up our 8-8 Denver team that hasn't made the playoffs over the last 3 years. But hey, who cares about winning when you can have some Pro Bowl players.

2nd in total offense last year buddy.

we had one of the worst defenses in history and you somehow would like to also have the worst offense too. great ideas silk...

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Oh awesome. This nonsense is here too.

I was hoping there'd be something interesting in the lounge or something to get away for a minute...

Anyway...

I can't believe any truth to us 'shopping' him.

If we gave professional courtesy and allowed other teams to tell us their offer before hanging up... fine.

I don't know what I'd do if we traded Cutler.

Northman
02-28-2009, 05:01 PM
goodbye Jay, goodbye Marshall, etc. So, McD wants all the NE retreads. This is looking more and more like Steve Spurrier to me.

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Lot of franchise QB's in this day and age. The league has roughly 14-18 at this point, give or take.

Who are you considering a franchise QB?

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:03 PM
2nd in total offense last year buddy.

we had one of the worst defenses in history and you somehow would like to also have the worst offense too. great ideas silk...

Yeah, I said that. :rolleyes: Also, lets not forget our lovable #2 offense was among the league's elite in....TURNOVERS.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 05:03 PM
goodbye Jay, goodbye Marshall, etc. So, McD wants all the NE retreads. This is looking more and more like Steve Spurrier to me.

Expect at least Spurrier actual was HC that won at some level. Right now we have kid that doesn't know shit, that scared of leading men.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Who are you considering a franchise QB?

That's a good question. Some people would say "he's just in a QB friendly system"...like Cassel.

Does that mean Cutler is in a QB friendly system, considering it's the same system that made Jake Plummer, and Brian Griese a Pro Bowl QB?

I just named 14-18, because arguably, those QB's fanbases would calssify him as a "franchise QB".

Tned
02-28-2009, 05:05 PM
LOL...believe what you want. Ive already acknowledged as much. By virtue of the fact that talks went on long enough for NE to go with another deal (as Schefter implies), it seems more likely Denver didnt make the decision on the Detroit deal.

I tend to base my opinions on fact vs. fiction, so once (if ever) the facts support what you are saying, then I will move into that camp. Since I don't have an axe to grind with the McDaniels hiring, I guess I can focus more on the facts than some others (looks at avatar...).

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 05:08 PM
That's a good question. Some people would say "he's just in a QB friendly system"...like Cassel.

Does that mean Cutler is in a QB friendly system, considering it's the same system that made Jake Plummer, and Brian Griese a Pro Bowl QB?

I just named 14-18, because arguably, those QB's fanbases would calssify him as a "franchise QB".

He asked who do you think are 14 to 18 franchise quarterbacks out there genius. What you said is ambiguous.

broncophan
02-28-2009, 05:09 PM
I would imagine our new coach doesn't like the idea of Cutler being able to .......learn his new offense........and understands it will take Cutler a long time to grasp it.

He prob. saw Cassel as an opportunity to win NOW......and sees Cutler and his team taking at least 2 or 3 more years ....esp. with a new offense.....to at least start winning more than they lose...

2012 back to the playoffs......hopefully

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:10 PM
He asked who do you think are 14 to 18 franchise quarterbacks out there genius. What you said is just said is ambiguous.

Way to jump on the back of someone else because you can't continue you're own arguments.

"I would rather ride or bike."

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 05:10 PM
:laugh:

These two are the two best threads all offseason. It was getting a tad bit boring around here.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
As much as I agree that any player is expendable...we must get equal value in return. As of now, that does not exist. I understand listening to Detroit had they gotten Cassell. I don't hate Cassell. I gethat his team was very good, but he also playedpet friggin well as the season went on. Add to that the fact that Detroit would have swapped #1s and likely given even more.

Cassell, the #1 overall and another pick for Cutty and the #12? It at least warrants consideration.

That being said...F THIS SHIT! Remember when I said PacMan coming would be the 1 thing that might make me rethink my fandom? Apparently the list is growing.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Way to jump on the back of someone else because you can't continue you're own arguments.

"I would rather ride or bike."

Are you going to answer the question genius or are you going to leave it ambiguous because you don't what the hell you're talking about?

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 05:15 PM

how many threw over 4500 yards last year?

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 05:17 PM

He's says there are 14-18 franchise quarterbacks in the League but hasn't said who he thinks they are.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Are you going to answer the question genius or are you going to leave it ambiguous because you don't what the hell you're talking about?

I'll answer his question.

And remember, because the majority of Denver fans anointed Cutler a "franchise QB" before he even played a down, I went along and did the same thing for other franchises.

Brees
Warner
Manning
McNabb
Rivers
Romo
Brady
Cassel
Ryan
Roethlesberger
Cutler
Manning
Flacco
Hasselbeck
Palmer

Care to add(going off fanbase logic, which Denver did at one point)
Schaub
Rodgers
Delhomme
Quin

All of it's subjective and perception. But then again, so is the term "Franchise Qb".

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:19 PM

Who cares. "Who cares about winning, and leading a team, when you can throw for a lot of yards!!"

Elway never threw over 4500 yards. He must not be a franchise QB.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:20 PM
He's says there are 14-18 franchise quarterbacks in the League but hasn't said who he thinks they are.

Care to come up with your own arguments yet, or are you going to continue to piggyback everyone else s?

ChampWJ
02-28-2009, 05:21 PM
CBS4, undoubtedly after hundreds of outraged emails, clarifies the story, adding this:

CBS4's Gary Miller spoke with Broncos GM Brian Xanders Saturday afternoon. Xanders denied any plans to trade Cutler, saying "We are not trying to trade Jay Cutler. We will not trade Jay Cutler. He's a Pro Bowl Quarterback." He went on to say, "you can ask Josh McDaniels, and he'll tell you the same thing." Miller did approach McDaniels, who said he was not going to answer any questions. However, Cutler confirmed to CBS4 that he is aware that trade talks have taken place.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 05:24 PM

And remember, because the majority of Denver fans anointed Cutler a "franchise QB" before he even played a down, I went along and did the same thing for other franchises.

Brees
Warner
Manning
McNabb
Rivers
Romo
Brady
Cassel
Ryan
Roethlesberger
Cutler
Manning
Flacco
Hasselbeck
Palmer

Schaub
Rodgers
Delhomme
Quin

All of it's subjective and perception. But then again, so is the term "Franchise Qb".

But but but...you said 14-18 and you have 19....but but but

TXBRONC
Care to come up with your own arguments yet, or are you going to continue to piggyback everyone else s?

What was that you were saying about math? I reiterate one question and now I'm piggybacking off of everyone else? Right, if you ever learn to count let me know.

Broncospsycho77
"Trade talks".

That's the word. Maybe Cutler accidentally said that he was aware of "trade talks".

But the discussions weren't exactly that.

Classic tabloid journalism here... finding one byte of information and stretching it to a mile using semi-incorrect wording and taking advantage of the interview, not the intention.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:26 PM
What was that you were saying about math? I reiterate one question and now I'm piggybacking off of everyone else? Right, if you ever learn to count let me know.

LMAO

15 > 14 < 18

For you math nonexperts out there. 14, 15, 16, 17, 18.........

This is priceless.

tubby
02-28-2009, 05:27 PM
silkamilkamonico owns TXBRONC

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:28 PM
But but but...you said 14-18 and you have 19....but but but

That's a great point. Apparently it's even easier than I thought to get great QB play in this day and age.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Who cares. "Who cares about winning, and leading a team, when you can throw for a lot of yards!!"

Elway never threw over 4500 yards. He must not be a franchise QB.

plummer never threw over 4500 yards either as a bronco but won games with a good defense. would you like him back? would adding him or kitna make you happy? cutler never had shannan sharpe, td, atwater, romo, smith, eddie mac. your points are useless.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Kitna's a cowboy.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:32 PM
plummer never threw over 4500 yards either as a bronco but won games with a good defense. would you like him back? would adding him or kitna make you happy?

IMHO, we've moved on from Plummer. I did like winning though.

Kitna sucks the big one. He isn't even a franchise QB.

I like Cutler. I hope we don't trade him. He's one of my favorite Bronco players. But I want to win football games, and build something every year. Yea I think we can do that with Jay. But at the same time if Cutler was traded, and if Denver went ahead and started winning next year, i would be just as happy.

My initial argument on this was under the assumption that Denver was winning next year. I'm still not sure why it spiraled out of control like it did.

I would venture to say if Cutler was traded, and Denver made the playoffs last year(edit: NEXT YEAR), a good majority of Denver fans would fell the same.

It's not a slight to Cutler in the least.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:34 PM
cutler never had shannan sharpe, td, atwater, romo, smith, eddie mac. your points are useless.

Neither did Plummer. Plummer had worse to work with that Cutler has. I'm not even sure why you chose to go there. Plummer had less Pro Bowl recievers, not to mention recieving options, than Cutler has.

And Cutler is a better QB than Plummer, IMHO.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 05:35 PM
plummer never threw over 4500 yards either as a bronco but won games with a good defense. would you like him back? would adding him or kitna make you happy? cutler never had shannan sharpe, td, atwater, romo, smith, eddie mac. your points are useless.

Cutler took over with the same D Plummer had and went 2-3..how'd that workout?

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Cutler took over with the same D Plummer had and went 2-3..how'd that workout?

Plummer was doing so well that season, too...

The offensive production increased with Cutler in.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 05:43 PM

Brees
Warner (Not any more)
Manning
McNabb (Getting up there in years)
Rivers
Romo (maybe)
Brady
Cassel (He was a back up quarterback who got to start)
Ryan
Roethlesberger
Cutler
Manning
Flacco
Hasselbeck (Again same as Warner)
Palmer (maybe)

Schaub (How many has he stayed healthy for?)
Rodgers (Who is he starting for?)
Delhomme (You have got to be kidding)
Quin (maybe)

Fifteen quarterback out of possible 32 and you're saying franchise quarterbacks are easy to find? That's less than half the League. You're arguing that franchise quarterbacks are plentiful?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Plummer was doing so well that season, too...

The offensive production increased with Cutler in.

so did our opponents' defensive TDs

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Fifteen quarterback out of possible 32 and you're saying franchise quarterbacks are easy to find? That's less than half the League. You're arguing that franchise quarterbacks are plentiful?

50% is pretty plentiful for a position people are claiming 'is so hard to come by'. Add 1 or 2 of the subjective category and you have half. 1 out of 2 current starting QB's in the NFL arguably have succeeded. Again, you want to really simplify "franchise QB", you've probably narrowed it down to a handful of QB's, and Cutler arguably would not be in that argument.

But I think he is, along with the 14-18 other possible ones.

turftoad
02-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Why is this turning into a Cutler vs Plummer thread. :tsk:

Plummer has nothing to do with this. He hasn't been a Broncos for years now.

It's stupid. :tsk:

jrelway
02-28-2009, 05:48 PM
lol foreal. why the plummer talks. some of you, get over your man crush for plummer closet boys.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 05:55 PM
50% is pretty plentiful for a position people are claiming 'is so hard to come by'. Add 1 or 2 of the subjective category and you have half. 1 out of 2 current starting QB's in the NFL arguably have succeeded. Again, you want to really simplify "franchise QB", you've probably narrowed it down to a handful of QB's, and Cutler arguably would not be in that argument.

No one but you is going to say 50% is plentiful and as I said some of the guys you put in there wouldn't be considered franchise quarterbacks. And yeah Cutler would be considered a franchise quarterback. You trying push the likes of Schaub, Quinn, Rodgers, Warner, and Hasselbeck into that category does help your argument.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 05:57 PM
The simple truth is that no matter how skilled Cutty is and no matter how much potential he has, he still isn't a sure thing. He still fumbles a lot. He still stares down BMarsh and he still forces the ball. I agree that the 8-8 record is not on his shoulders, but let's not make this dude something he isn't yet. I'm excited to see what he doesw/ hiscareer, but he hasn't done dick yet.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 05:59 PM
No one but you is going to say 50% is plentiful and as I said some of the guys you put in there wouldn't be considered franchise quarterbacks. And yeah Cutler would be considered a franchise quarterback. You trying push the likes of Schaub, Quinn, Rodgers, Warner, and Hasselbeck into that category does help your argument.

Warner is arguably HoF QB. There goes that argument. Matt Hasselbeck was among the tops in the game, and even brought his team to a SuperBowl. If people are giving Cutler a pass for his defense, they can give Hasselbeck a pass for having his top 8 WR's out injured, along with him during most of the season.

You also need to be careful about what you're saying with Cutler in terms of the other QB's. I can easily put Cutler into a "system QB" category. The same system that produced Pro Bowl QB's Brian Griese and Jake Plummer.

Are you going to let them devalue Cutler? I'm not.

jlarsiii
02-28-2009, 06:00 PM
I would be curious to find out what the respective offers were. It is obvious that Tampa or Detroit would have sent pic(s) to NE for the rights to Cassel. Then the package would have been Cassel plus ? to trade for Cutler.

Hopefully this info will come out sometime in the future. I would have been as shocked as everyone else if Cutler had been traded but such is the norm in the NFL nowadays. Only time would have told if this would have been a good move or not.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I would be curious to find out what the respective offers were. It is obvious that Tampa or Detroit would have sent pic(s) to NE for the rights to Cassel. Then the package would have been Cassel plus ? to trade for Cutler.

Hopefully this info will come out sometime in the future. I would have been as shocked as everyone else if Cutler had been traded but such is the norm in the NFL nowadays. Only time would have told if this would have been a good move or not.

The way it looks it was a pick to NE for Cassell, Cutler to MINN, DET or TB, Cassell to Denver. No additional picks.

Rex
02-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Teams call. Denver says No. Cutler pissed.

Hmmm.

I dont get it.

BigCurly1230
02-28-2009, 06:25 PM

Hmmm.

I dont get it.

That's because there is more to it than that......

and the cat is slowly sneaking out of the bag

:eek:

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 06:25 PM

Hmmm.

I dont get it.

Cutler gets pissed that he's hearing rumors of trade talks.

They should have informed him themselves that they were approached and turned away.

tomjonesrocks
02-28-2009, 06:26 PM

Hmmm.

I dont get it.

The suggestions are that there was more to it. With Lombardi reporting Denver still wants Cutler out. We're past this.

We'll find out if there's truth to any of it beyond what you wrote though soon enough.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Warner is arguably HoF QB. There goes that argument. Matt Hasselbeck was among the tops in the game, and even brought his team to a SuperBowl. If people are giving Cutler a pass for his defense, they can give Hasselbeck a pass for having his top 8 WR's out injured, along with him during most of the season.

You also need to be careful about what you're saying with Cutler in terms of the other QB's. I can easily put Cutler into a "system QB" category. The same system that produced Pro Bowl QB's Brian Griese and Jake Plummer.

Are you going to let them devalue Cutler? I'm not.

Hey if you want to go and build around a guy that wont last more than couple more seasons be my guest. It's pure stupidity but go right ahead. By your own words Hasselbeck WAS he's not anymore.

FYI Plummer was Pro bowl alternate would have even had the chance to go to the Pro Bowl had not been for injuries.

Now just who am I going let devalue Culter? What the hell is that? If people like you and WTM want to devalue him you will.

Rex
02-28-2009, 06:27 PM
That's because there is more to it than that......

and the cat is slowly sneaking out of the bag

Maybe. Just maybe.

Rex
02-28-2009, 06:28 PM
The suggestions are that there was more to it. With Lombardi reporting Denver still wants Cutler out. We're past this.

We'll find out if there's truth to any of it beyond what you wrote though soon enough.

I see.

I got in on this late.

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Hey if you want to go and build around a guy that wont last more than couple more seasons be my guest. It's pure stupidity but go right ahead. By your own words Hasselbeck WAS he's not anymore.

FYI Plummer was Pro bowl alternate would have even had the chance to go to the Pro Bowl had not been for injuries.

Now just who am I going let devalue Culter? What the hell is that? If people like you and WTM want to devalue him you will.

I haven't devalued him in the least, unless you're using facts as "devaluation".

Brady was hurt this year too. SHould we go ahead and take him out of the "franchise QB's" argument as well? That's absurd.

getlynched47
02-28-2009, 06:33 PM
haha

Rex
02-28-2009, 06:37 PM
So now Cutler wants to be traded? John Clayton just said so.

Cheez Whiz
02-28-2009, 06:39 PM

Mike
02-28-2009, 06:40 PM

Don't play with my emotions, Smokey.

NameUsedBefore
02-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm gonna go play a game of Civilization to cool off. If I come back to find that Cutler is traded I will be punching babies.

getlynched47
so now cutler wants to be traded? John clayton just said so.

noooooooooooooo

silkamilkamonico
Sportscenter just reported that Cutler asked to be traded, the organization immediately told him they weren't trading him, and Cutler is furious.

At least this offseason is full of entertainment.

:D

Rex
02-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Don't play with my emotions, Smokey.

I would never jerk on your chain.

The alien looking dude on ESPN news just said that he wants to be traded and the Broncos said no.

Zweems56
02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
I would never jerk on your chain.

The alien looking dude on ESPN news just said that he wants to be traded and the Broncos said no.

Guess what. I'm shooting the messenger. **** YOU!

dogfish
02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
wow. . .

way to alienate your most important player, doogie you stupid jackass. . . . :rolleyes: this really says great things about his leadership abilities. . .

:sigh:

MOtorboat
02-28-2009, 06:52 PM
wow. . .

way to alienate your most important player, doogie you stupid jackass. . . . :rolleyes: this really says great things about his leadership abilities. . .

Somehow, I doubt this is really a problem.

In related news, Detroit sent a trade proposal to San Diego for Philip Rivers. They said no.

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 07:00 PM
As much as I agree that any player is expendable...we must get equal value in return. As of now, that does not exist. I understand listening to Detroit had they gotten Cassell. I don't hate Cassell. I gethat his team was very good, but he also playedpet friggin well as the season went on. Add to that the fact that Detroit would have swapped #1s and likely given even more.

Cassell, the #1 overall and another pick for Cutty and the #12? It at least warrants consideration.

That being said...F THIS SHIT! Remember when I said PacMan coming would be the 1 thing that might make me rethink my fandom? Apparently the list is growing.

Right, if we trade Cutler now to Detroit, even if we got the 1st pick overall, we would have to take a QB because that would be our biggest hole.. So we would be trading cutler for Stafford.. :rolleyes:

I get the man crush on Cassel but he is now off the board, Mckid needs to be kissing some Cutler ass, trying to make up...

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:02 PM
wow. . .

Maybe Cutler is the one who started this whole thing and asked to be traded before all this came down today...:confused:

ChampWJ
02-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Right, if we trade Cutler now to Detroit, even if we got the 1st pick overall, we would have to take a QB because that would be our biggest hole.. So we would be trading cutler for Stafford.. :rolleyes:

I get the man crush on Cassel but he is now off the board, Mckid needs to be kissing some Cutler ass, trying to make up...

As a Georgia fan, I will say Stafford is nothing compared to Cutler.

ikillz0mbies
02-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Well let me ask you guys this. If Cutler were to be traded for the number 1 pick in the draft, would you draft Stafford in a heartbeat? Wait until next years QB crop? Trade down?

And here is a second question: what kind of deal would you accept in exchange for Cutler?

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 07:06 PM
IMHO, we've moved on from Plummer. I did like winning though.

Kitna sucks the big one. He isn't even a franchise QB.

I like Cutler. I hope we don't trade him. He's one of my favorite Bronco players. But I want to win football games, and build something every year. Yea I think we can do that with Jay. But at the same time if Cutler was traded, and if Denver went ahead and started winning next year, i would be just as happy.

My initial argument on this was under the assumption that Denver was winning next year. I'm still not sure why it spiraled out of control like it did.

I would venture to say if Cutler was traded, and Denver made the playoffs last year(edit: NEXT YEAR), a good majority of Denver fans would fell the same.

It's not a slight to Cutler in the least.

So you think we would have a better chance of winning next year if we had Cassel instead of Cutler?

LordTrychon
02-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Maybe Cutler is the one who started this whole thing and asked to be traded before all this came down today...:confused:

Which would explain why he was upset about hearing rumors about trade talks...

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Which would explain why he was upset about hearing rumors about trade talks...

He was upset because the ONLY two teams interested in the talks were Detroit and the Bucs...:laugh:

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Well let me ask you guys this. If Cutler were to be traded for the number 1 pick in the draft, would you draft Stafford in a heartbeat? Wait until next years QB crop? Trade down?

And here is a second question: what kind of deal would you accept in exchange for Cutler?

If it were to Detroit, take their 1st - 4th picks. We would have a huge stockpile this year in the draft.

Talk about rebuilding the D, we could go get Warner from the Cards as our QB, and we would be off to the Super Bowl.

LordTrychon
He was upset because the ONLY two teams interested in the talks were Detroit and the Bucs...:laugh:

Wouldn't you be?

fcspikeit

its not vary many when you consider a Franchise QB is the most saute after position in the league..

Out of all the drafts for the last 16 years, there has been less then 20 franchise QB's? Yeah they are pretty plentiful :rolleyes:

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Why is this turning into a Cutler vs Plummer thread. :tsk:

Plummer has nothing to do with this. He hasn't been a Broncos for years now.

It's stupid. :tsk:

Because the guys who still love Plummer are the exact same guys who also think Cassel could have done better then Cutler...

Imagine that :confused:

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm still confused at how Cutler got dubbed a "franchise" Qb coming out of a losing school in college and because he has a rocket arm?

What has this kid actually done again in 3 years in Denver that would warrant NOT wanting to see what we could get for him again? :confused:

ktrain
02-28-2009, 07:22 PM
If they even considered it this organization is a turd circling the drain.......

I love Jay, and think he will kick ass with McCoach directing the offense but geez,are you saying that if Detroit offered WR Johnson, the first pick in the draft, next year's first rounder AND Matt Cassell you would not consider it?

We have no idea how sweet the deal was that we were considering?????

Jay does need to grow up, this is a business and nobody is irreplaceable

BroncoTech
02-28-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm still confused at how Cutler got dubbed a "franchise" Qb coming out of a losing school in college and because he has a rocket arm?

What has this kid actually done again in 3 years in Denver that would warrant NOT wanting to see what we could get for him again?

He hasn't looked that great but Elway was a bit of a sleeper as well. One thing though Elway showed improvement every game of his career. The question is has Jay peaked at 8-8 and is he going to improve his mechanics and decision making?

MasterShake
02-28-2009, 07:25 PM
He hasn't looked that great but Elway was a bit of a sleeper as well. One thing though Elway showed improvement every game of his career. The question is has Jay peaked at 8-8 and is he going to improve his mechanics and decision making?

Thats not entirely true. I remember fans wanting Elway OUT in some subpar years even after his first couple Super Bowls.

Either way, if this turns out to be true (which I doubt it is), I'm gonna have a hard time enjoying the season next year.

ikillz0mbies
02-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I love Jay, and think he will kick ass with McCoach directing the offense but geez,are you saying that if Detroit offered WR Johnson, the first pick in the draft, next year's first rounder AND Matt Cassell you would not consider it?

I'd personally take that deal. Having Johnson and Marshall on both sides with Royal. Then the 1st round picks can do wonders for the team, who ever they draft with them. Any deal like that or close to that I'll take.

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm gonna laugh when Cutler does get traded, we bring in a QB and go 12-4 and back to the AFCCG...

Where are all of you "Bronco" fans....errrrrr" Former Bronco" fans going to be when you have disowned the team because Cutler was traded...:laugh:

Mike
02-28-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm gonna laugh when Cutler does get traded, we bring in a QB and go 12-4 and back to the AFCCG...

Where are all of you "Bronco" fans....errrrrr" Former Bronco" fans going to be when you have disowned the team because Cutler was traded...:laugh:

If Denver does not focus on fixing on the real problem and chooses to fix stuff that ain't broke...then I would bet a lot of money Denver does not get close to 12-4.

broncophan
02-28-2009, 07:33 PM
espn news talking about Cutler now

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 07:34 PM

Yeah because franchise QB's get traded.. LOL...The whole point of calling them franchise guys is because they are worth keeping for the long haul..

Plus it's not like you can find 50% franchise guys each year. That's the total over the last 16 years, (the average life span of a QB) so it looks like you can find about 1 per years on average.

G_Money
02-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Jesus, I stop talking about Broncos football for a freakin' week and the world goes insane.

Memo to McD and Xand-man: You don't have to FUBAR your public relations and piss off your franchise QB just to get my attention.

I am still here. I am paying attention. Do not start fires just to make sure.

Stand down.

TIA,

~G

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 07:35 PM

cmon dude...keep it real. even the colts would send manning for that trade. reports were we would send cutler and even consider sending our 1st for cassel. now thats idiotic. if the trade was so lopsided then im sure cutler would be a lion by now but xanders and mckid both said they didnt want to trade him after listening to their offers.

cutler stated earlier he understands how this business works and that they were talking.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Jesus, I stop talking about Broncos football for a freakin' week and the world goes insane.

Memo to McD and Xand-man: You don't have to FUBAR your public relations and piss off your franchise QB just to get my attention.

Stand down.

TIA,

~G

G, if you would have been here none of this would have happened. see what you did?

fcspikeit
02-28-2009, 07:37 PM
The simple truth is that no matter how skilled Cutty is and no matter how much potential he has, he still isn't a sure thing. He still fumbles a lot. He still stares down BMarsh and he still forces the ball. I agree that the 8-8 record is not on his shoulders, but let's not make this dude something he isn't yet. I'm excited to see what he doesw/ hiscareer, but he hasn't done dick yet.

The simple fact is that out of the 15-20 supposed franchise guys, Cutler was voted to the Pro bowl over most of them..

So at least last year by the conses of players, coaches and fans, he was one of the top 6 QB's

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 07:38 PM
The simple fact is that out of the 15-20 supposed franchise guys, Cutler was voted to the Pro bowl over most of them..

So at least last year by the conses of players, coaches and fans, he was one of the top 6 QB's

and?

Watchthemiddle
02-28-2009, 07:39 PM

WHO cares about the freaking pro bowl already!!! Speaking of the Pro Bowl, did you happen to see Cutlers performance when he got in? WOW thats something to brag about.

ikillz0mbies
02-28-2009, 07:40 PM

Stand down.

TIA,

~G

The world goes awry when you leave....

Bring back some stability G!!! Only you have the power to do it!!!

ikillz0mbies
02-28-2009, 07:46 PM
WHO cares about the freaking pro bowl already!!! Speaking of the Pro Bowl, did you happen to see Cutlers performance when he got in? WOW thats something to brag about.

I'm one of those who wants to keep Cutler here, but I am willing to trade him for the right deal. I do agree with you on some points, as you make some pretty valid ones. There is never one way to look at this. Who knows, trading Cutler away can probably change this team for the best. Cutler isn't a sure thing. For example, isn't Cutler one of the more turnover prone QB's in the last year? Those turnovers can cost the team games.

Like I said, I'm not willing to trade Cutler UNLESS it is for a mind blowing deal that includes first round picks and/or a young QB. Like for Joe Flacco...because I have a man crush on him....just saying.

G_Money
02-28-2009, 08:13 PM
You play to win the game. If we were a game-manager away from winning the big one, and Jay was gonna destroy our salary cap, it might make sense to trade him for the manager (assuming the manager was cheaper) so we could cut down on silly mistakes and win the big one.

But we are not the 2000 Ravens, and Jay Cutler is not Tony Banks. Ask the Falcons how stupid they feel for trading Favre because he was an idiot as a young player.

If the Broncos wanted to trade him, it's dumb. If they just "entertained offers," that's also dumb.

If they didn't convince Jay that everything is fine and there is nothing to worry about, that's unacceptable.

And if they think by issuing "no comments" and "nothing to see heres" that it will go away, well, it won't.

And since it looks like all 4 were involved in what was going down, that equates to the sort of stupidity you'd prefer not to see from your brand-new management team.

McDaniels may think the Patriots are a big deal in the NE area and he knows what a microscope is like with East Coast Media presure, but nothing - NOTHING - is as big a deal in the entire Rocky Mountain region as Broncos football.

This won't go away for the wishing.

Issue a mea culpa and profess your love for Cutler, or it's gonna drag on from now until he either signs a contract extension or is traded.

Xander's terse response isn't gonna cut it. I know other teams are trying to make you look bad and take advantage of you because you're the new kids on the block, but please stop helping them and making us look like a pack of maroons in the process.

Thanks.

And if you really don't think you can get along with Cutler, I would advise you to try harder, because the coach that CAN is winning the big one with him. The number of guys - and teams - that can win with a Dilfer at the helm instead of a properly-managed Cutler is significantly smaller. Cutler's got "SB-winning QB" written on his head, the same way Favre did and Young did.

Does Cutler have an excess of pride and some spirit you wish he didn't have? Probably. But the guy that can tame that will have one of the greatest weapons in the league.

And the team is called the Broncos, not the Tame Mares. Bring your saddle and some nerve, and try not to let the rodeo-clowns de-pants you too often, kay?

I've already seen too much bare-ass from Bowlen (firing the Goodmans 3 weeks after promoting them) and the FO (this idiocy as the latest) this offseason, and there's a long way to know.

Knock it the hell off.

~G

WARHORSE
02-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Speaking on NFL Network, Adam Schefter reported that the Lions and Bucs both attempted to enter Matt Cassel trade talks at the last minute.
At least one of the teams was interested in acquiring Cassel and flipping and picks to Denver for Jay Cutler. Denver obviously told them to: pound sand. Schefter was clear that the Broncos only fielded phone calls and never instigated Cutler trade talks.

BeefStew25
02-28-2009, 09:17 PM
You're just speculating. Unless you were in the room hearing the talks, you really have no clue what really went on.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 09:18 PM
At least one of the teams was interested in acquiring Cassel and flipping and picks to Denver for Jay Cutler. Denver obviously told them to: pound sand. Schefter was clear that the Broncos only fielded phone calls and never instigated Cutler trade talks.

can you please clarify exactly what it is you are trying to tell us?

Rex
02-28-2009, 09:18 PM
I dont get it.

Fire McDaniel. Pat Bowlen sucks.

Hire Lex.

LRtagger
02-28-2009, 09:21 PM

Great post. Schefter also said this:

"These are the things you go through as other teams call you and try to make a deal," Shefter said. "And Denver feels as if it got caught in the crosshairs and it didn't do anything wrong. They didn't shop Jay Cutler. They never tried to make a deal. Other teams came to the Broncos and obviously this leaked out, and once it leaked out, that's where problems arose."