PDA

View Full Version : Bayless: Tim Tebow Should Demand a Trade

Joel
01-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Have fun:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7454162&startTime=03:20

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Bayless is an idiot. If anyone challenges him on the comments, he'll probably pull the "producer made me say it" card like last time he said something completely outrageous (Lloyd purposefully dropped the ball against San Diego).

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Anything from Bayless is not even worth my time.

Gyro
01-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Bayless is a fool and a IRL troll whose only goal is to produce reactions like this. If anyone listened to him as a player they would be dooming themselves.

claymore
01-12-2012, 12:17 PM
This Tebow thing has skyrocketed his ratings.

Fullback32
01-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Why is it that every time Bayless talks, something stupid comes out of his mouth? I remember when he covered the Cowboys back in the day. Hated him then too.

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Why is it that every time Bayless talks, something stupid comes out of his mouth? I remember when he covered the Cowboys back in the day. Hated him then too.

I fully respect his work in Dallas in the 80s. He was one of the journalists that exposed SMU. He was a hell of an investigative reporter. Now he's just kind of cartoon character.

vandammage13
01-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Its kind of sad that the only Tebow supporter on ESPN is an over the top weasel.

TXBRONC
01-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Anything from Bayless is not even worth my time.

All three of them were way off base. They no idea what they were talking about.

Davii
01-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Really Skip?

******* idiot

Thnikkaman
01-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Joel, this is the poorest post by you in a long time.

Take a lap.

Dzone
01-12-2012, 12:48 PM
I found it entertaining. I like Bayless ok, but he is goofy as ****. lol

Ravage!!!
01-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Its kind of sad that the only Tebow supporter on ESPN is an over the top weasel.

Exactly. Its like around the boards. The Over-the-top crap takes away from Tebow rather than boosts him. There are some posters around here that need to learn this.

vandammage13
01-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Exactly. Its like around the boards. The Over-the-top crap takes away from Tebow rather than boosts him. There are some posters around here that need to learn this.

Is that a subtle jab, Rav?

Ravage!!!
01-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Is that a subtle jab, Rav?

No, but makes you wonder if you have a guilty conscience if you think I'm talking about you ;)

vandammage13
01-12-2012, 12:56 PM
No, but makes you wonder if you have a guilty conscience if you think I'm talking about you ;)

I was 100% positive that your response would go the "guilty conscience" route.

Buff
01-12-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't even think Bayless believes half of the stuff he says. He's just being provocative because he has to say something every single day.

ShooterJM
01-12-2012, 01:00 PM
... on ESPN is an over the top weasel.

Someone on ESPN is an over the top weasel? Ok, that's pretty much anyone other then Erin Andrews.

(To be fair, she could be an over the top weasel too, but I've never actually paid attention to what she is saying....)

OrangeHoof
01-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Skip Bayless?

Best advice you can give anyone. Skip Bayless.

BroncoNut
01-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Skip Bayless?

Best advice you can give anyone. Skip Bayless.

and I did. and have. didn't open the link. from the reaction of ya'll, I'm disappointed in Joel for posting it

DenBronx
01-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith are both way over the top on purpose. To get a rise out of people and they are both way extreme one way or another for one reason and one reason only, RATINGS! People love Jerry Springerish like sports shows because it's fun to watch.

I still watch it because it's funny. Skip is a huge Tebow fan but he really doesn't have a clue about the Broncos.

Tebow will never demand a trade because I think Tim truly loves being a Bronco and I don't think that's his way at all. And if he did I think he would command at least a high 1st round pick because he has showed he can do it and will bring ratings. Why in the heck would the Broncos even entertain trading Americas most loved athlete? ESPN reported today that Tebow is Americas move loved athlete in ANY sport. It will never happen...

Cugel
01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
OMG! I'd say that I lost about 5 IQ points just listening to that insane drivel! :coffee:

"Management considered benching Tebow before the Steelers game." Right. Sure they did. :rolleyes:

They were going to start Brady Quinn who has ZERO starts this season and has done nothing at all to indicate he can do the job and won't even be on the roster next season.

Who comes up with this crap? And then they spend 10 minutes knocking down that straw man.

If you haven't watched that garbage save yourself some time and skip it. :ranger:

DenBronx
01-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Tebow plays very ruff and of course you have to have a game plan in case he got hurt in the playoffs. Coaches will never tip their hand in any way. Quinns got to be ready at all times and this offense could easily transition back if it had to. It's just smart football to be ready.

But of course these guys on 1st take will spin it because they want a story that Tebow could somehow get benched. We have seen enough of Quinn to know who he is and it isnt pretty at all. Like I said in another thread, Tebow helped get us into the playoffs and now we will sink or swim with him. He will not get pulled even if he throws 3 INTs Saturday.

Cugel
01-12-2012, 03:24 PM
What is surprising to me is just how divorced from reality this is. The media in America is just horrible anyway at reporting the facts and not making stuff up, but this was just ridiculous.

Nobody with any sense could believe that the Broncos were going to bench Tebow. It makes NO kind of logical sense. Even if he was HORRIBLE against the Steelers they would just say "well he played bad, maybe we need to draft a QB next year as insurance."

But, to imagine they were going to pull him before the game is just beyond idiotic.

zaga
01-12-2012, 03:45 PM
I saw the story on TV. My first impression was to believe it and my heart ran cold. That's when I really knew I don't want Denver to lose this guy.

Joel
01-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Joel, this is the poorest post by you in a long time.

Take a lap.
It was posted purely for comedic value. *starts running*

HORSEPOWER 56
01-12-2012, 03:46 PM
There's a reason I don't watch E! SPN daytime TV. I don't listen to their radio shows (I have Sirius and could if I wanted) and I don't visit their website. The only thing I watch on E! SPN is MNF and college football games.

They've become the Howard Stern of sports journalism. They've become sensationalizing shock-jocks even going as far as starting their own rumors and inventing things to report on just to stir up controversy and ratings. I used to really like Adam Scheffter and thought he was great on NFL Network, now he's just become another speculating talking head with very little real insight or information. I'd rather get my updates from Jason "milquetoast loser" LaCanfora than Scheffter these days.

If you watched the video like I did, did you notice not single one of the "panel" really knows anything about football? Three "journalists" whose opinions aren't any better than any poster's here, one of whom is completely blinded (or pretends to be) by his love of a player that it's impossible for him to be even remotely impartial and two others who don't know shit about the Broncos and are just spewing canned talking points.

I know what I see on the field with my team. I can call out every player on the roster by name and number (not just the starters) as can most of the people who post here. WE are the "experts", not the dumbasses that E! SPN parades out there to tell me what I'm supposed to know and think...

Want real "insider" Broncos info? Talk to Andrew Mason or any of the other regular joes who go out of their way to really get the scoop and have nothing to gain other than the joy of sharing info with the rest of their fellow fans.

broncophan
01-12-2012, 04:11 PM

:rolleyes:.....and some around here should look in a mirror...

I have no problem with Bayless......it's entertainment....

Joel
01-12-2012, 04:16 PM
For my own part, I can only hope Tebow is getting much better advice than Bayless offered; I couldn't watch my own link past about the 1:30 mark. I mainly found it interesting because the named ESPN reporter was the first time I've heard ANY independent "confirmation" of the "story" PFT flogged the last couple days before the game, about Quinn getting extra snaps so the team could bench Tebow at half time if he stunk it up against Pitt.

Thing is, if he'd played like he did against KC I would've understood that choice, as any rational objective person would; I just wouldn't have AGREED with it, because I think you dance with the one who brung ya, not a giant question mark with less starts than Tebow, all of them 2 years or more ago. In other words, if it had gone down like that, Tebow would've been very unreasonable to ask for a trade, which any potential sucessor team would realize. No one would offer much for a prima donna who crashed and burned after a half dozen games where he rarely played well in the first three quarters.

Then there's Brady Quinn (who has the advantage of actually being IN our practices) saying he only got two reps last week, same as always, which Simms and Nantz, who attended our last few days of practice, confirmed during the game. I credit eye witnesses more than anonymous sources ratings seekers report second hand. Likewise, when Quinn says he was doing practice throws on the sideline after Decker got hurt to stay warm on a cold mountain day, that makes sense. The coaches might've suggested it, but because James "Cheap Shot" Harrison had just taken our #1 WR out of the game and our QB could've been next. That would mean they didn't want to send in a cold hand that hasn't played a down in 2 years, not lack of confidence in Tebow.

I did see one of the pundits suggest the coaches wanted to light a fire under Tebow and told Quinn to start getting ready for that reason, in which case I can only say it worked and we should piss him off more often, because we went on a 20 point scoring spree that broke our season long string of disastrous second quarters. The person speculating about that, however, made clear that was ALL she was doing.

As I've said before, I can only hope Fox is maintaining as much of a media blackout as possible, because exposure to media thrill seekers like Bayless are a huge distraction for a team headed into a tough playoff rematch.

Dapper Dan
01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Skip has been saying this all season. So why is this new?

catfish
01-12-2012, 04:51 PM
For my own part, I can only hope Tebow is getting much better advice than Bayless offered; I couldn't watch my own link past about the 1:30 mark. I mainly found it interesting because the named ESPN reporter was the first time I've heard ANY independent "confirmation" of the "story" PFT flogged the last couple days before the game, about Quinn getting extra snaps so the team could bench Tebow at half time if he stunk it up against Pitt.

Thing is, if he'd played like he did against KC I would've understood that choice, as any rational objective person would; I just wouldn't have AGREED with it, because I think you dance with the one who brung ya, not a giant question mark with less starts than Tebow, all of them 2 years or more ago. In other words, if it had gone down like that, Tebow would've been very unreasonable to ask for a trade, which any potential sucessor team would realize. No one would offer much for a prima donna who crashed and burned after a half dozen games where he rarely played well in the first three quarters.

Then there's Brady Quinn (who has the advantage of actually being IN our practices) saying he only got two reps last week, same as always, which Simms and Nantz, who attended our last few days of practice, confirmed during the game. I credit eye witnesses more than anonymous sources ratings seekers report second hand. Likewise, when Quinn says he was doing practice throws on the sideline after Decker got hurt to stay warm on a cold mountain day, that makes sense. The coaches might've suggested it, but because James "Cheap Shot" Harrison had just taken our #1 WR out of the game and our QB could've been next. That would mean they didn't want to send in a cold hand that hasn't played a down in 2 years, not lack of confidence in Tebow.

I did see one of the pundits suggest the coaches wanted to light a fire under Tebow and told Quinn to start getting ready for that reason, in which case I can only say it worked and we should piss him off more often, because we went on a 20 point scoring spree that broke our season long string of disastrous second quarters. The person speculating about that, however, made clear that was ALL she was doing.

As I've said before, I can only hope Fox is maintaining as much of a media blackout as possible, because exposure to media thrill seekers like Bayless are a huge distraction for a team headed into a tough playoff rematch.

Honestly, Tebow plays better pissed....it's one of the reasons I have been so concerned seeing him all calm on the sidelines. He likes to hit people and he plays with emotion, seeing him all calm isn't right

Joel
01-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Honestly, Tebow plays better pissed....it's one of the reasons I have been so concerned seeing him all calm on the sidelines. He likes to hit people and he plays with emotion, seeing him all calm isn't right
That actually makes a lot of sense in several ways from what I've seen him, and goes back to what I said last week about needing to go back to playing with defiance instead of desperation.

NameUsedBefore
01-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Bayless is a bro.

nevcraw
01-12-2012, 10:08 PM
A case of Just a bunch a people sitting around speculating on things they have really no idea about..

same as here.. wish we got paid to do this..

ShooterJM
01-13-2012, 10:49 AM
A case of Just a bunch a people sitting around speculating on things they have really no idea about..

same as here.. wish we got paid to do this..

Wait, you didn't get your check?

SM19
01-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Wait, you didn't get your check?

"I.O.U. -- Tned" hastily scrawled in crayon on a Post-It note is not a check.

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2012, 12:13 PM
This organization redesigned the entire offense for Tebow to give him every opportunity to succeed.

Oh yeah, he should definitely ask for a trade.

Whoever that woman is--she's the most annoying person on that panel if you ask me.

weazel
01-13-2012, 12:59 PM

so... whats wrong with weazels??? :lol:

nevcraw
01-13-2012, 06:05 PM
so... whats wrong with weazels??? :lol:

asexual and disruptive rodent :laugh:

VonSackemMiller
01-13-2012, 06:09 PM
If john fox and elway didnt change there tune then yeah tebow should have demanded a trade at the end of the year. but not anymore. its all good now.

Northman
01-13-2012, 06:20 PM
For a while i was admiring Skip's constant support of Teebs but listening to this garbage just made me shake my head and think of Vhatever.

FlyByU
01-13-2012, 07:22 PM
What is all this dislike of Bayless?

topscribe
01-15-2012, 04:32 PM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/BaylessBigmouth.png

weazel
01-15-2012, 04:33 PM
I hope he does demand a trade. we need a qb not a fullback