PDA

View Full Version : Broncos in running for canty

WARHORSE
02-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Broncos | Interested in Canty
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 05:40:36 -0800
Don Banks, of SI.com, reports the Denver Broncos (http://www.kffl.com/team/15/nfl) are staying in contact with the agent for free-agent DL Chris Canty (http://www.kffl.com/player/11547/nfl) (Cowboys) and could emerge as a possible suitor next week.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 12:45 PM
I doubthe makes it out of GB w/o a deal, but would LOVE to have him here.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I doubthe makes it out of GB w/o a deal, but would LOVE to have him here.

I think he has meeting scheduled with the Giants as well.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
why is everyone so high on canty?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Cuz he's a badass DE who holds up blockers so Ware can be Ware.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 12:56 PM

Canty is a very good 3-4 defensive end, and a lot of DeMarcus Ware's success is due to him.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Canty is a very good 3-4 defensive end, and a lot of DeMarcus Ware's success is due to him.

do we have a demarcus ware on our team?

Northman
02-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Who cares? Seriously. Why not give him a shot, what exactly would it hurt right now? lol

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 01:02 PM

We have Moss, Doom and the #12 overall pick. I'd love to see what Canty could do to free up our blitzers.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 01:07 PM

If we draft someone like Orakpo then we just might have our Demarcus Ware type player. But I don't understand why that would matter? You get one and then the other.

Lonestar
02-28-2009, 01:14 PM
I think he has meeting scheduled with the Giants as well.

Tampa, SFO also..

Lonestar
02-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Who cares? Seriously. Why not give him a shot, what exactly would it hurt right now? lol

about 60 million on a contract with 18 mil up front and 20+ million guaranteed..

We will not be able to compete with eh other 6-8 teams that want him . Why would he want to come here if he can go to TPA who has a damned fine D and alot more money in FA to spend.. not to mention GB, NYG, SFO, and God knows where else he is scheduled to see.

Northman
02-28-2009, 01:21 PM
about 60 million on a contract with 18 mil up front and 20+ million guaranteed..

We will not be able to compete with eh other 6-8 teams that want him . Why would he want to come here if he can go to TPA who has a damned fine D and alot more money in FA to spend.. not to mention GB, NYG, SFO, and God knows where else he is scheduled to see.

I doubt he gets that much. As for him wanting to play here who knows? But just like the Lewis issue if he came at a reasonable price than sign him. If he wants the big payday let him go elsewhere. But doesnt change the fact that if he can be had without breaking the bank then get the guy. See what he can do.

Lonestar
02-28-2009, 01:26 PM
I doubt he gets that much. As for him wanting to play here who knows? But just like the Lewis issue if he came at a reasonable price than sign him. If he wants the big payday let him go elsewhere. But doesnt change the fact that if he can be had without breaking the bank then get the guy. See what he can do.

I have no issue trying but they are going to open the vault in TPA cause they really wanted Hanesworth and he did not even get out of WAS..

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 01:27 PM
i say go for the cheaper version, igor from san diego.

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 01:29 PM
i say go for the cheaper version, igor from san diego.

Not that I mind, but Canty is a better player who could make more of an impact.

Northman
02-28-2009, 01:34 PM
I have no issue trying but they are going to open the vault in TPA cause they really wanted Hanesworth and he did not even get out of WAS..

Truthfully, i never saw Haynesworth making it here anyway. He was definitely all about the money. Whether or not Canty is like that we shall see.

Northman
02-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Not that I mind, but Canty is a better player who could make more of impact.

I know these days players generally dont care where they go as long as they get the payday. But i DO believe Igor will have no part of the Broncos. He absolutely HATES this team and makes a note of it publically all the time. Even if Denver wanted him to come here i bet he wouldnt. He has that much animosity in him regarding us and our Oline.

Lonestar
02-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Truthfully, i never saw Haynesworth making it here anyway. He was definitely all about the money. Whether or not Canty is like that we shall see.

right now he is MR MAN in the DLine since Hanesworth is gone..

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 01:41 PM
I know these days players generally dont care where they go as long as they get the payday. But i DO believe Igor will have no part of the Broncos. He absolutely HATES this team and makes a note of it publically all the time. Even if Denver wanted him to come here i bet he wouldnt. He has that much animosity in him regarding us and our Oline.

Agreed, but it is amazing how views can change when you're out of work. If Denver attempts to bring him in and thumbs his nose at us it proves he's as big of horse's ass as I have always believed him to be.

Northman
02-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Agreed, but it is amazing how views can change when you're out of work. If Denver attempts to bring him in and thumbs his nose at us it proves he's as big of horse's ass as I have always believed him to be.

Either that or he will drive the signing price up. One way or another he would screw us. Probably wouldnt even rush Rivers if given the chance. :lol:

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 01:46 PM

that was a youtube special and i havnt seen much more about him complaining about our oline. he was pissed we ran on him. the dude has alot of passion for the game and didnt like getting beat. i bet if he got a better deal here than san diego he would come. he has also expressed that he is upset with things in san diego. so money and being able to play against his former team might motivate him.

Lonestar
02-28-2009, 01:51 PM
that was a youtube special and i havnt seen much more about him complaining about our oline. he was pissed we ran on him. the dude has alot of passion for the game and didnt like getting beat. i bet if he got a better deal here than san diego he would come. he has also expressed that he is upset with things in san diego. so money and being able to play against his former team might motivate him.

he is a bigger ROMO very passionate was in college and played well in SAN..

I would like to see him here as a DE and substitute NT when numero uno is sucking wind on the sidelines.. we could do worse..

TXBRONC
02-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Either that or he will drive the signing price up. One way or another he would screw us. Probably wouldnt even rush Rivers if given the chance. :lol:

If Olshansky pulled a move like that he would be fillet.

Medford Bronco
02-28-2009, 02:00 PM

because he is a upgrade over most of the garbage that we currently have on the D Line

broncohead
02-28-2009, 02:19 PM
He would be a good pickup but nobody knows if he hates the Broncos. When your a rival trash talk is just talk. Nothing meant by it.

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 04:14 PM
because he is a upgrade over most of the garbage that we currently have on the D Line

...cant argue with that.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-01-2009, 03:09 PM
"Chris Canty's visit to the New York Giants on Saturday failed to result in a contract, so the door remains open for the Green Bay Packers if they're willing to pay within the free-agent defensive end's financial parameters. Canty's agent, Brad Blank, said he spoke with Giants officials Saturday and the contractual gulf was large enough that they no longer are in the bidding. Canty isn't scheduled to fly from New York to Seattle until early Sunday evening, and has several other teams, including the Packers, wanting him to visit as well. "Seattle's up now," Blank said. "That can change (though). One phone call from the Packers or Broncos or San Francisco or Tennessee, or someone I haven't ..."

SmilinAssasSin27
03-01-2009, 03:11 PM
sory...the link won't work for the rest of the article.

shank
03-01-2009, 03:12 PM
it's an intriguing strategy to be last in line.

dogfish
03-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Seahawks | Canty's visit cancelled
Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:01:50 -0800

Danny O'Neil, of the Seattle Times, reports unrestricted free-agent DE Chris Canty's (Cowboys) scheduled visit with the Seattle Seahawks has been cancelled.

:werd:

shank
03-01-2009, 05:06 PM
what the shit does that mean?

broncohead
03-01-2009, 05:08 PM
what the shit does that mean?

He might be signing a contract. Also it could meant that they aren't intersted. Didn't Seatle just sign Cole?

DenBronx
03-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Seahawks | Canty's visit cancelled
Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:01:50 -0800

Danny O'Neil, of the Seattle Times, reports unrestricted free-agent DE Chris Canty's (Cowboys) scheduled visit with the Seattle Seahawks has been cancelled.

:werd:

hmmm. sounds good for us. hope its true because i could use some good news....ive had a crappy weekend.

DenBronx
03-01-2009, 05:09 PM
He might be signing a contract. Also it could meant that they aren't intersted. Didn't Seatle just sign Cole?

yeah that could be the reason too.

dogfish
03-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Packers | Stepping up efforts to sign Canty
Sun, 01 Mar 2009 12:40:07 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Green Bay Packers have stepped up their efforts to sign unrestricted free-agent DE Chris Canty (Cowboys).

shank
03-01-2009, 05:13 PM
i hope McD gets super herpes.

dogfish
03-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Giants | Not believed to go over $6 million for Canty
Sun, 01 Mar 2009 11:52:46 -0800

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants are not believed to be willing to offer unrestricted free-agent DE Chris Canty (Cowboys) more than $5 million or $6 million a year. However, Canty is still in New York meeting with the Giants and the team would still like to sign him, according to his agent Brad Blank.

Giants | Canty likely would play tackle if signed
Sun, 01 Mar 2009 11:47:23 -0800

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants likely would use unrestricted free-agent DE Chris Canty (Cowboys) at defensive tackle if they sign him.

broncohead
03-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Giants signed DL Chris Canty to an undisclosed contract.
rotoworld

Drill-N-Fill
03-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Giants signed DL Chris Canty to an undisclosed contract.
rotoworld

Adam Schefter is reporting the New York Giants signed defensive end Chris Canty to a 6 year $42 million deal including $17.25 million guaranteeed.

dogfish
03-01-2009, 05:21 PM
bitch!

the rich get richer. . . and we get andra davis!

:mad:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-01-2009, 06:01 PM
frick

SmilinAssasSin27
03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Can we at least get Igor or Weaver?

dogfish
03-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Can we at least get Igor or Weaver?

i hear we're going to trade champ and DJ for jarvis green. . . .