PDA

View Full Version : What are the most important things we need to do to beat New England that we have the ability and personel to do?

iLands
01-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Turnovers immediately strike me as the easiest.

Can we get through that O-Line enough?

Is there any way to stop the targets?

Thanks, everyone

Looking forward to your feedback.

shank
01-12-2012, 08:55 AM
my plan is to out-drink patriots fans of my same build. 12th man MVP.

Thnikkaman
01-12-2012, 09:03 AM
That will show 'em Shank.

claymore
01-12-2012, 09:23 AM

Thanks, everyone

Turnovers and convert 3rd downs. I think this game is very winnable if we can do those 2 things.

CoachChaz
01-12-2012, 09:28 AM
my plan is to out-drink patriots fans of my same build. 12th man MVP.

The Texas A&M University will thank you in advance to refrain from using tradition oriented terminology that they created.

Turnovers are the key. Win that battle and we can win the game

Mike
01-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Turnovers are the key, as mentioned.

Other almost equally keys IMO:

Find a way to pressure Brady (especially up the middle).
Have to figure out how to cover the two TEs.
Balanced/creative offensive playcalling that keeps their defense on their heals.

It would also go a long way if we get an officiating crew that doesn't completely crap the bed.

skins_fan82
01-12-2012, 09:36 AM

Yeah, that's #1 for sure. Minimize turnovers, and maybe have the defense come up with a big turnover for us.

#2. They absolutely MUST get pressure on Brady, without having to bring the house. Blitz Brady and he'll shred you. The front 3 must get good push and at least get some hits on him, or at the least hurry him. If Brady gets more than "5 Mississippi," it's gonna be a long day for Denver.

#3. Run the football. Let's get McGahee going and run the god damn football down their mother ******* throats. That'll open things up for Timmy and make his life easier when dropping back.

I swear if the Broncos can do these 3 things well, they can beat the bitch ass Pats.

BigDaddyBronco
01-12-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't know if we can completely shut down their passing game. With Welker and their TE's, someone will have a big game. We just need to slow it down a little, pressure Brady so he doesn't have all day to pick us apart, and make their run game a non-factor. If you can limit their scoring to the low to mid 20's, we should have a pretty good chance. On offense, we just need to eliminate turnovers and score TD's instead of FG's. A good running game is our best bet for ball control and keeps Brady off the field. 3rd downs are critical, if we can have a lot of 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 3 we should be able to convert a lot of those. I would love to see 3 or 4 8-minute drives and maybe a couple of shorter drives to put up points and maybe a drive at the end of the game to kick a FG to win.

Turnovers and 3 and outs will absolutely kill the offense and we will probably not win if that happens.

Chef Zambini
01-12-2012, 10:20 AM
1. run the ball, control, clock and field position.
MUST pressure brady, up the middle on blitzes and stunts.
in game adjustments, we have to be better than the PATS !
turnovers, cherry and apple !

Thnikkaman
01-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Score more points than the bad guys.

claymore
01-12-2012, 10:22 AM
1. run the ball, control, clock and field position.
MUST pressure brady, up the middle on blitzes and stunts.
in game adjustments, we have to be better than the PATS !
turnovers, cherry and apple !

I LOVE Arby's apple/cherry turnovers.

Chef Zambini
01-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I LOVE Arby's apple/cherry turnovers.y sued them because they were hot and burned me and the court awarded me a Mr. frosty.

wayninja
01-12-2012, 10:26 AM
As others have stated, ball/clock control will be critical (besides turnovers). Brady and that offense are going to get their points. The best thing we can do is limit their time and number of possessions.

Getting Brady dirty early wouldn't hurt either. I don't think I'd mind all out blitzes the first few series even if we get burned just to see if we can get a good hit on him/rattle him.

WTE
01-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Hmmmmmmmm? What do you need to do to beat New England that you have the personnel to do?

Oh, I got it!

Pray.

Chef Zambini
01-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Score more points than the bad guys.
like the sunrise I knew this was coming, just surprized it took so long. like mentioning turnovers.
lets kick around some specifics:
WHO should CHAMP cover?
How do we compensate for goodman the liability?
How would you play welker or the 2 TEs?

skins_fan82
01-12-2012, 10:28 AM
We also have to score touchdowns. We can't have long drives and stall out at the 20 and settle for 3. You need to score touchdowns against the Patriots, because I'm sure they're going to score their fair share.

wayninja
01-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Hmmmmmmmm? What do you need to do to beat New England that you have the personnel to do?

Oh, I got it!

Pray.

Meh... it's worked before.

claymore
01-12-2012, 10:29 AM
like the sunrise I knew this was coming, just surprized it took so long. like mentioning turnovers.
WHO should CHAMP cover?

Champ covers hernandez, welker is doubled when in the slot, and bump the shit out of grondkowski.

PatriotsGuy
01-12-2012, 11:03 AM
WHO should CHAMP cover?

Show Gronkowski a shiny object?

Thnikkaman
01-12-2012, 11:06 AM
show gronkowski a shiny object?

squirrel!

Tned
01-12-2012, 11:18 AM
squirrel!

lol, exactly.

Seriously, this game has to be dominated with running. You aren't going to out pass NE & win a high scoring game. This needs to be like the Broncos win over Indy six or seven years ago, when they dominated time of possession and limited Manning's possessions, and then combined that with some key stops.

Brady can get rid of the ball quick, so the Broncos are going to have to come in with some quick hitting blitzes/pass rushes, while covering the two TE's & Welker. If Brady to Branch wins the game, then so be it, but you need to try and force them to win with the run game and Branch.

Obviously, one of the biggest keys is no turnovers. The 3 turnovers in the 2nd quarter completely turned the game around when these teams met a few weeks ago, and McGahee's two fumbles (one lost) almost cost them the Pitt game.

This will not be an easy win, but I definitely give Denver a punchers chance.

vandammage13
01-12-2012, 11:19 AM
1. Protect the Football - This was the main cause for our loss in the first game, IMO.

2. Shorten the Game - Limit Brady's opportunities by continuing to run the ball effectively, and we MUST convert on third downs...Eat the clock.

3. Shut down Welker - Match up Champ on Welker to eliminate Brady's go-to outlet guy in the short game.

4. Contain Gronk/Hernandez - Easier said than done, as both are a nightmare matchup for all teams, but we must find a way to limit them. We don't have anyone that can cover them, but we might be able to neutralize them if we can get pressure on Brady with our pass rush up the middle and off the edges with VonDoom.

Tned
01-12-2012, 11:22 AM
1. Protect the Football - This was the main cause for our loss in the first game, IMO.

2. Shorten the Game - Limit Brady's opportunities by continuing to run the ball effectively, and we MUST convert on third downs...Eat the clock.

3. Shut down Welker - Match up Champ on Welker to eliminate Brady's go-to outlet guy in the short game.

4. Contain Gronk/Hernandez - Easier said than done, as both are a nightmare matchup for all teams, but we must find a way.

I'm torn, in some ways I think those that say put Champ on Hernandez, like he has covered Gates and Gonzalez in the past, are right. You could put Champ on hernandez, and then double Welker & Gronk. Maybe woodyard (or other LB) & a safety on Gronk most of the day.

All three of them are matchup nightmares to a degree.

claymore
01-12-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm torn, in some ways I think those that say put Champ on Hernandez, like he has covered Gates and Gonzalez in the past, are right. You could put Champ on hernandez, and then double Welker & Gronk. Maybe woodyard (or other LB) & a safety on Gronk most of the day.

Find a way to beat those doubled guys up at the LOS and throw the timing off. Take DC off of welker when he's in the slot.

TXBRONC
01-12-2012, 11:27 AM
All the things Denver needs to do have a chance to win this game have been mentioned. It's just as important to get consistent pressure on Brady when he is out there. Sacks would be good but if they just knock him on his ass consistently there is good chance it will wear him down.

Tned
01-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Find a way to beat those doubled guys up at the LOS and throw the timing off. Take DC off of welker when he's in the slot.

Lindsay Jones said that Belichick mentioned the Broncos use of a lot of dime against Pitt.

I heard some radio guys saying yesterday that the Broncos needed to go with 6 DBs most of the game, and double those three guys. To pull that off, they would need to stop the run with five up front. Worse than that, you arguably are pulling a better players (LBs) off the field for DBs way down the depth chart.

One option is to use Von Miller mostly as an end, with three DL's plus DJ, and then the six DBs. I would probably lean more towards 5 DBs and a lot of Woodyard, but he seems to have fallen out of favor in recent weeks.

I think this is what they mean by the phrase "matchup nightmare"

vandammage13
01-12-2012, 11:48 AM

Well, maybe that could work, but I still think Welker is the guy who poses more of a consistent threat than does Hernandea. Welker is the guy they count on to move the chains.

When I look at the strengths of our Defense, I see them as Champ's ability to cover 1 on 1, and our ability to rush the passer.

If we put Champ on Hernandez, then now you're putting your #1 defender on their #3 option.

We don't have anyone that can cover their TE's consistently 1 on 1 because of their combination of size and skill. I feel the only way to neutralize them is with our pass rush.

A lot of Hernandez's big plays came on missed tackles...Wrap him up and we can live with him catching the occasional first down, just don't let him get those YAC yards.

sneakers
01-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Score more points!

jlarsiii
01-12-2012, 06:38 PM
It would help if Brady doesn't have a field day with whomever we play at our safety positions. I don't think I can stand to watch their Hernandez running downfield uncovered like last time.

NightTerror218
01-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Oh, I got it!

Pray.

That Tanya Harding will find Brady's knee?

threefolddead
01-12-2012, 06:56 PM
All the things Denver needs to do have a chance to win this game have been mentioned. It's just as important to get consistent pressure on Brady when he is out there. Sacks would be good but if they just knock him on his ass consistently there is good chance it will wear him down.

You see this over an over. If you can get in Bradys face consistently you can get him out of rhythm and that would change the look of this game totally. We didn't do a great job of it in the first game but hopefully we can turn that around this time. Gotta catch the balls on offense and defense this time too. Too many dropped balls and missed opportunities killed us last game. Everyone has to be at the top of their game to win this. Maybe Champ can repeat what he did last time we beat them in the playoffs and run a INT back 99 yards only to get caught by a freakin TE at the one yard line. Still was sweet though

Hopefully Shannon can make another call to the president!

rcsodak
01-12-2012, 07:28 PM
A guy called into Sirius NFL...he offered a way to beat NE, back before they went on their short losing streak.
He said play 1st/2nd downs like theyre 3rd downs. Put them in 3rd n longs, where brady is terrible, and is sacked every 6 pa's.
I tried to find his blog site he gave, so i could get more verbatim, but have failed.
Bradfromtexas @ wordpress....its his blog site.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Joel
01-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Absolutely. New England is +17 (3rd) in turnovers this season, with the 2nd most picks and 7th most fumble recoveries and committing the 5th least interceptions and absolute least fumbles.

WE are -12 in turnovers (26th) with the 28th most picks and 18th most fumble recoveries opposite and committing the 8th least interceptions 30th least fumbles.

So when people say, "NE only beat us because of turnovers!" that may be true, but they won a lot of games like that. And we LOST a lot. Not an inspiring combo; turnovers rarely just happen: They are usually created.

No. They've given up 32 sacks, 9th overall, and about 2/game which is how many we had last time. But then they had a rookie backup blocking Doom; this time Sebastian Vollmer's back starting.

No. There are too many; Welker, Johnson, Hernandez and Gronkowski, plus they have Branch back, who was out last time. We have Champ and an exciting rookie nickelback with DJ/Woodyard to play a TE, but the quality drops off fast after that; Goodman is average on a good day and our two starting rookie safeties have been even worse.

Thanks, everyone

We run early and often to rest our D, tire theirs and keep Brady on the bench. NE COULD NOT stop our run last time; we put up 252 yards on them, almost all of it in the first 3 quarters: We quit TRYING to run when they scored a TD to regain an 18 point lead on the first play of the 4th. If we run the ball, give it back to Brady with 0:30 left in each half and limit them to 5 or 6 possessions, we only have to stop them once or twice to keep the score <30, maybe 20. That's a winnable game for us.

We must be opportunistic and take kill shots if/when they load the box, especially on 1st or 2nd down, but must NOT live there. Our second year QB, second year guards and second year receivers are not yet good enough to hang with Brady, his excellent line and his excellent receivers through a three and half hour shoot out. Maybe in a couple years, but not in a couple DAYS. Yet even if we get TDs with a 50 yard bomb, if we only spend 2 plays doing it, we have to surrender the ball and let them answer, which they usually will; we'll make more mistakes than them doing that and they'll beat us badly. It does not rest our D, tire theirs or limit their possessions, all of which we must do. The good news is that a pick on those long balls is essentially a punt, though we must still make the stop.

In some ways, a 50 yard bomb that puts us in FG range, followed by 7 runs that result in a 25 yd FG, would be BETTER than a 40 second 70 yard TD. If not for sudden death, our D would've had ONE PLAY off after stopping the Steelers last drive then trying to stop the NEXT one following our 80 yd TD. Unless you're SURE we have more of those in us than NE, we should NOT play that game. Much as I despise run, run, pass, punt, it is generally the best approach, we just have to vary the play calling. We can run on 3rd and 5 against NE, which means we can take more of those deep strikes on 1st and 2nd down. It is just a matter of timing and misdirection.

Finally, we need BETTER pass protection. Belicheat will not park his front seven in Tebows running lanes, contain him in the pocket and wait for his passing to implode like LeBeau did. The Pats didn't do that LAST time, but just saw it blow up in Pitts face: Tebow threw for 250 yards on just FIVE passes, and every last one got points. One put us in FG range and was followed two plays later by another for a TD, a third put us in the red zone whence Tebow punched it in with a couple runs, a fourth put us in range for an easily made FG and the fifth was the OT game winning TD. New England will not allow that; they will harry us like last time (Ninkovich forced Tebows fumble and recovered Balls, which alone accounts for 10 points) if we let them. We cannot let them rush five and have four meet at the QB again. We cannot have Tebow run from one blitzer into the arms of another. Another advantage of running a lot is it gives us a better chance of getting around and by blitzers running up field, but without better pass protection NO passing will be possible.

Offensively, run a LOT, but pass deep on 1st and 2nd down if they load the box, confident picks=punts and incompletes just mean McGahee for 7 on 3rd and 5.

Defensively, since we can't cover everyone heavy blitzes, especially from the secondary, may be our only hope; I don't like leaving that many playmakers open, but they'll be open whether we try to cover or not.

Protect the football; that cannot be emphasized enough; they force more turnovers than nearly anyone and we surrender more than nearly anyone, which will cost us the game AGAIN if we let it.

bcbronc
01-13-2012, 02:02 AM
Have to get positive yards on 1st down. It's a given we're going to run it, so we need to get 3-4+ yards consistently. Then we need Tebow to make some plays and convert on manageable 3rd downs.

When we get a chance down field, we have to grab it. Can't afford dropped passes or missed open receivers. We have to capitalize on red zone opportunities, and can't afford turnovers.

McGahee HAS to beast mode.

On defense, rush three or four most times getting everyone else in passing lanes. Then blitz enough to keep Brady honest.

Harris + double team on Welker. Champ can't handle Welker one on one, WW and Brady's timing is just to good. Have Harris play as physical as he can on Welker, and have LBs looking to get in his crossing patterns.

TEs we don't match up well with. Woodyard is supposed to be our coverage LB, but he can't handle either. Neither Bruton nor Carter dazzle with their coverage abilities. Last time we played them, Allen didn't put Champ on either TE, he just left him at LC most of the time.

I think I'd run a lot of zone, with the exception of Harris playing press on Welker. The rest of their WRs are pretty bleh, so crowd the LOS, mix up the blitzes and the 7,8 man zones and play physical inside five yards. Try to get it so Brady doesn't know who's coming and who's dropping into coverage and hope any slight hesitation is enough for Von Doom to do their do.

edit: But always keep some help over top. If Brady and Co. put together 8-10-12 play TD drives, okay. But we can't afford any quick strike TDs against. Have to make trade time for points.

iLands
01-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Joel, did you get my PM?

I saw in the game thread last week you were looking for a place to watch games online. I hooked you up.

JaxBroncoGirl
01-13-2012, 08:50 AM
As others have stated, ball/clock control will be critical (besides turnovers). Brady and that offense are going to get their points. The best thing we can do is limit their time and number of possessions.

Getting Brady dirty early wouldn't hurt either. I don't think I'd mind all out blitzes the first few series even if we get burned just to see if we can get a good hit on him/rattle him.

I always get a chuckle looking at everyone's avatar or sig and this one is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for starting my day off with a smile. Go Broncos!!!!

TXBRONC
01-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Score more points!

Do you really think that will work Sneak? :confused:

If it does you're brilliant. :elefant:

d-towndefense49
01-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Yesssssir. Been preparing all year for this. Patriot fans cant mess with this mile high tolerance.

d-towndefense49
01-13-2012, 09:35 AM
No way in Hell I will stop saying 12th man. Aggies can eat it.

Dzone
01-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Game of the century. Good vs evil. Record TV ratings.
Brady gets a concussion and we roll. 30-21

CoachChaz
01-13-2012, 09:40 AM

Slow down big balla

Joel
01-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Kyle Field's been Home of the 12th Man since Knute Rokne was playing. Lotta folks say, "we support our team all they way111" but how many stand on the sideline for three and a half hours ready to go in if someone is hurt? Knowing it's only necessary because the defending national champs are physically mauling the players so badly? You can say, "12th man," as much as you like, just remember where it started. Von Miller does. :salute:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_A%26M_Aggies_football#12th_Man

Joel
01-13-2012, 12:44 PM
WHO should CHAMP cover?
Champ on Welker, DJ/Woodyard on Hernandez and Harris on Gronkowski. I don't really expect that to STOP their TEs, but if we can slow them down and limit NEs possessions it gives us a chance. Assuming Branch doesn't just burn Goodman for 21 points.

weazel
01-13-2012, 12:52 PM
I dont see us keeping up with them. I see them putting up a 40 spot, I dont think we can match that pace. I also dont see Brady turning the ball over too often...

Angel
01-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Pressure and Hit Brady all game long, he stinks under pressure and will throw interceptions.

jhildebrand
01-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Here is how you stop the Patriots.

Our Safeties.

Our safeties aren't the big and slow variety.

Line the Safeties up in man at the LOS and get physical with Gronk and Hernandez. Get physical at the line with Welker. Disrupt their timing and patterns.

Play Goodman and Champ and Harris behind the safeties to clean up.

Occasional blitz with Bruton/Carter/Harris.

Got to get to Brady with the front 4.

Do that and this team will cause chaos!

On offense. Run the hurry up at times.

BroncoStud
01-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Tebow is going to have to complete the 3rd down throws. Those routine 7 yard outs and crosses that keep drives alive. He is simply going to have to make those plays all throughout the game.

Truly I don't see much of a chance here for the Broncos. The Patriots are so good at so many positions, playing at home, and on a roll.

WTE
01-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Tebow is going to have to complete the 3rd down throws. Those routine 7 yard outs and crosses that keep drives alive. He is simply going to have to make those plays all throughout the game.

Truly I don't see much of a chance here for the Broncos. The Patriots are so good at so many positions, playing at home, and on a roll.

Plus, it's going to be in the 20's and windy which definitely hurts Tebow the most given the loft on his passes.

I can see the air getting underneath Tebow's throws and the Patriots secondary just waiting for them.

skins_fan82
01-13-2012, 03:31 PM
If the defense can come up with some huge, momemtum-swinging turnovers, that would be great.

Dreadnought
01-13-2012, 04:08 PM
I think it will depend on getting a few 3rd down stops. A sack here, a turnover there, a dropped pass or a stuffed 3rd and one, holding penalty, what have you. That means force the Pats into 3rd downs, by not allowing big plays, stopping the run with 5 or 6 guys, all the good stuff previously listed. Got to get them to 3rd down routinely and anything is possible.

iLands
01-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Plus, it's going to be in the 20's and windy which definitely hurts Tebow the most given the loft on his passes.

I can see the air getting underneath Tebow's throws and the Patriots secondary just waiting for them.

Seems bad for the pass.

If only we had a team that could run...

skins_fan82
01-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Seems bad for the pass.

If only we had a team that could run...

I think you're being sarcastic there, but I can't tell.

Stupid interwebs LOL.

Joel
01-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Have to get positive yards on 1st down. It's a given we're going to run it, so we need to get 3-4+ yards consistently. Then we need Tebow to make some plays and convert on manageable 3rd downs.

When we get a chance down field, we have to grab it. Can't afford dropped passes or missed open receivers. We have to capitalize on red zone opportunities, and can't afford turnovers.

McGahee HAS to beast mode.

On defense, rush three or four most times getting everyone else in passing lanes. Then blitz enough to keep Brady honest.

Harris + double team on Welker. Champ can't handle Welker one on one, WW and Brady's timing is just to good. Have Harris play as physical as he can on Welker, and have LBs looking to get in his crossing patterns.

TEs we don't match up well with. Woodyard is supposed to be our coverage LB, but he can't handle either. Neither Bruton nor Carter dazzle with their coverage abilities. Last time we played them, Allen didn't put Champ on either TE, he just left him at LC most of the time.

I think I'd run a lot of zone, with the exception of Harris playing press on Welker. The rest of their WRs are pretty bleh, so crowd the LOS, mix up the blitzes and the 7,8 man zones and play physical inside five yards. Try to get it so Brady doesn't know who's coming and who's dropping into coverage and hope any slight hesitation is enough for Von Doom to do their do.

edit: But always keep some help over top. If Brady and Co. put together 8-10-12 play TD drives, okay. But we can't afford any quick strike TDs against. Have to make trade time for points.
That edit is a very good point; making them run lots of plays per drive could help our ball control offense even if they score, especially if we manage a lead at the end of 2nd and 4th quarters. It CAN be a double edged sword, however; they only had the ball twice in the third quarter last time, and we forced one rare punt--but the TD on the other sidelined our unstoppable running game by commencing the 4th quarter.

I'm not too worried about McGahee (though maybe I should be after last week, the only bad game I've seen him play this year,) I'm worried about how Ball and Co. do after he has consecutive 20 yard runs and needs a breather. Ball had a 30 yard TD run last time, which just shows how weak the NEs run D is, but he also had a fumble at the line on our end of the field, and tends to go down on first contact against everyone. There's an undeniable drop in our rushing production when McGahee gasps his way to the sideline after big/many runs. I still believe some of that is on our line, but a lot of it is on Ball.

Unless their run D is MUCH better (and it may well be; Belicheat is a defensive genius who's seen far more tape of the last game than we have,) almost anything under 3rd and 10 is "manageable." We averaged 8.1 yards per carry against them last time, so we may be able to afford a few incompletes if/when we go deep against a stacked line on 1st down, but we running still limits their opportunities, especially if we force them into nickel and dime passing then make quick good tackles.

Frankly, I don't see any coverage scheme succeeding against the weapons they have and Bradys precision, nor do I see us getting sacks with a four or five man rush. I REALLY hate all out blitzing, especially against short quick passing, but it may be our only shot at impeding their offense (we CAN'T stop it.) Unless Mankins is hurt worse than I think and Doom has better luck against Vollmer than he did against a rookie backup, we're just not getting sacks, but Carter did get one coming late up the middle last time, and since he can't cover anyone he might as well try that. Harris can slow Gronkowski, DJ/Woodyard can slow Hernandez and Champ can slow Welker, but that still leaves Branch covered by Goodman and Johnson covered by I Don't Know (Mays? Heaven help us.... :tsk:) Double teaming ANYONE will just make EVERYONE else much worse.

Above perhaps anything else, we MUST wrap the ball up in BOTH hands. They're among the best in the League at forcing turnovers and we're among the worst at surrendering them; if we do that again, they stomp us.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Seriously Denver needs to do 4 things IMO to win this game.

1. They must cause at least 2 turnovers and have none themselves. No free tds like last game. Giving one of the best QB of all time a short field is asking for trouble.

2. They must pressure Brady into some bad decisions. Hit brady and get at least 4 sacks. Dumervil and Von Miller must get pressure.

3. Run the ball and take the air out of the football. The have to control the time of possession and shorten the game. Brady cant score if he is on the bench.

4. Lastly they must have at least one unusual type play. A punt return for a TD, pick 6 or fumble return for a td.

This is my take. I hope it can be done. I will be very happy if it is.. Go broncos. Show the heart and dermination you did last week.

Dzone
01-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Brady is really good. He reminds of Montana in his prime. He gets the ball out so fast. He is smooth. We have to knock the shit out of him early.
I think Miller has gotten a better cast and is better than when he just had the club. He will be sky high. If Dumervil gets in that zone where he cant be blocked. No stupid offsides penalties.
If we can run over them like we did 3 weeks ago and not fumble. We have a better chance than we did against Pittsburgh

Joel
01-13-2012, 10:35 PM
We won't win the turnover battle; they averaged nearly 2 more per game than us this season. I'll be happy to break even, because if we LOSE the turnover battle it could get very ugly very fast again. That wasn't dumb luck, guys: New England MADE it happen, and we LET them, which has been the norm for both teams this year. That and discovering how to defend the pass without Dawk are the two biggest "adjustments" we must make.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2012, 10:39 PM
We won't win the turnover battle; they averaged nearly 2 more per game than us this season. I'll be happy to break even, because if we LOSE the turnover battle it could get very ugly very fast again. That wasn't dumb luck, guys: New England MADE it happen, and we LET them, which has been the norm for both teams this year. That and discovering how to defend the pass without Dawk are the two biggest "adjustments" we must make.

How do we know? We have not played the game yet.

I never thought Jax would beat us in 96 but did. I hope we win and it does not get ugly. Sports are made for upsets. I just hope the Broncos believe they can win. That is the key. If they do, it can be done. Not saying it will.

This team has more guts than any Bronco team since Elway left. 6 come from behind wins. Clutch playe it OT. I just hope Fox has been working is ass off and can match wits with a legend.

Joel
01-14-2012, 05:14 AM
Unless Belicheat has found way to stop our running game (paging Josh McDaniels...) there's not much to gameplan: We have to run with two hands on the ball, and take deep strikes to put us in scoring position if they crowd the line on 1st/2nd down, but make sure they don't get to our QB. That will limit NEs possessions so if they screw up and don't get points on even one or two drives we have a good shot.

But you can't "believe" ball protection when you've been careless all year and they've been stripping and ball hawking. They're among the NFL leaders in EVERY turnover stat; we're near the bottom in all but Ints thrown (thank you, Tebow, though less fumbles would earn more thanks.) If we win turnovers, great, but I REALLY don't expect it; staying even will take three and a half hours of EFFORT, not heart. I'd be content with that.

MOtorboat
01-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Unless Belicheat has found way to stop our running game (paging Josh McDaniels...) there's not much to gameplan: We have to run with two hands on the ball, and take deep strikes to put us in scoring position if they crowd the line on 1st/2nd down, but make sure they don't get to our QB. That will limit NEs possessions so if they screw up and don't get points on even one or two drives we have a good shot.

But you can't "believe" ball protection when you've been careless all year and they've been stripping and ball hawking. They're among the NFL leaders in EVERY turnover stat; we're near the bottom in all but Ints thrown (thank you, Tebow, though less fumbles would earn more thanks.) If we win turnovers, great, but I REALLY don't expect it; staying even will take three and a half hours of EFFORT, not heart. I'd be content with that.

Belicheck will not play the same way that Pittsburgh did against Denver last week. He's almost certainly going to take away the passing game and the scrambles, possibly double-spying and maybe triple-spying Tebow and McGahee, and putting their safeties in a two-deep, specifically designed to take away the deep sideline pass. He'll dare Tebow to throw across the middle, which is, despite the perfect pass to Thomas last week, what Tebow has struggled with this season. No way Belicheck doesn't do something similar to what I've described above. The key will be can Denver either break that contain and get the zone-read working or any running game going, and can Tebow complete passes over the middle?

Ravage!!!
01-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Belicheck's going to have Tebow beat us with the short, precise passes. Tim has a decent deep ball, and its a safe throw. Putting the safeties near the LoS was just flat out stupid (thank you Pittsburgh), so I certainly don't expect NE to come back an do the same thing.

The good news is that NEs DBs aren't very good.

BroncoJoe
01-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Lots and lots and lots of this

VX73rtcm9lg

Medford Bronco
01-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Lots and lots and lots of this

VX73rtcm9lg

and hopefully some fumbles come from it:defense: