View Full Version : Red Sox Nation!

BroncoWave
08-30-2007, 10:59 PM
For discussion of our beloved Red Sox!

Medford Bronco
09-01-2007, 12:56 AM
They look like crap lately. They are fortunate the Yanks lost as well today
to keep the lead at 5.

As a long time Sox fan, I still feel very uneasy until the end of the year. History has not been good to the Sox in my lifetime except for 2004

Hope they hang on and make some noise in the playoffs.

OB
09-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Med love the Sig :D

BUT I must say since this forum shall be more democratic:mod: - I vote we delete this lame thread its nothing but :spam4:

:mod:

BroncoWave
09-01-2007, 08:02 AM
They look like crap lately. They are fortunate the Yanks lost as well today
to keep the lead at 5.

As a long time Sox fan, I still feel very uneasy until the end of the year. History has not been good to the Sox in my lifetime except for 2004

Hope they hang on and make some noise in the playoffs.

I still think we'll take the division. We haven't looked good the past few days but our pitching is too good to keep playing like this.

BroncoWave
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Magic Number is now 22 with the Buchholz no-hitter.

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Even if Clay didnt pitch a no-hitter the magic number would still be 22 probably ;)

But yea. Its all about getting in the playoffs. I never thought I'd settle for a wildcard and winning the wildcard would sure piss me off but if we win the world series I would really care less.

We can beat Boston head to head in a 7 game series no problemo.

But can we beat them over the next month and overtake first??

broncosfanscott
09-02-2007, 02:15 AM
Nice way to go for only your second ML start.......2-0 with at no-hitter.

Chidoze
09-02-2007, 04:27 AM
No hitter baby........nuff said. This is the Red Sox year. Yanks can have the wild card if they want it, but the division belongs to the Sox.

In the words of Stewart Scott, "Boo Ya" :cool:

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 04:32 AM
No hitter baby........nuff said. This is the Red Sox year. Yanks can have the wild card if they want it, but the division belongs to the Sox.

In the words of Stewart Scott, "Boo Ya" :cool:

LOL^ Take the division while the Yanks take the World series. :)

Chidoze
09-02-2007, 04:37 AM
LOL^ Take the division while the Yanks take the World series. :)
LOL

World series?

Hows the Yanks pitching staff these days.........

Oh that's right.....nevermind. :drama:

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 04:40 AM
LOL

World series?

Hows the Yanks pitching staff these days.........

Oh that's right.....nevermind. :drama:

LOL^^ I dont know. You tell me. Boston just faced them.
Why dont you ask Boston how good our pitching staff was??

Seems like we outpitched them.
But I will just let you and your silly Boston fans keep talking.

Gotta love Boston fans.
They are a hoot.

Chidoze
09-02-2007, 04:44 AM
LOL^^ I dont know. You tell me. Boston just faced them.
Why dont you ask Boston how good our pitching staff was??

Seems like we outpitched them.
But I will just let you and your silly Boston fans keep talking.

Gotta love Boston fans.
They are a hoot.
October is calling.........will the Yanks be there?

You tell me JC4MVP? :D

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 04:48 AM
October is calling.........will the Yanks be there?

You tell me JC4MVP? :D

LOL I'm not a fortune teller but Yea I see us playing ball in October(Just like every year)

Chidoze
09-02-2007, 04:50 AM
It's all good fun JC4MVP!!!.

I'm out for the night. :goodnight:

BroncoWave
09-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Jay, I think yall's pitching is good enough to win a 5 game series but in a 7 game series, it wouldn't hold up against Boston IMO. And you can bring up the sweep but yall won't have the luxury us playing us in Yankee Stadium for every game. And this is even if yall make the playoffs, which is still in question.

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Jay, I think yall's pitching is good enough to win a 5 game series but in a 7 game series, it wouldn't hold up against Boston IMO. And you can bring up the sweep but yall won't have the luxury us playing us in Yankee Stadium for every game. And this is even if yall make the playoffs, which is still in question.

:laugh: Well we have a 2 game wildcard lead. And you have a 5 game division lead. There isn't much of a difference there. How come you think the AL East is practically over but the wildcard is not? :confused:

And I like our pitching to win a 7 game series as well.

I love when people say we dont have good pitching. :laugh:

BroncoWave
09-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Well we have a 2 game wildcard lead. And you have a 5 game division lead. There isn't much of a difference there. How come you think the AL East is practically over but the wildcard is not? :confused:

And I like our pitching to win a 7 game series as well.

I love when people say we dont have good pitching. :laugh:

And I love it when you put words in my mouth! :D ;)

I never said yall don't have good pitching. I just said that I don't think it would hold up against Boston's in a 7 game series. And oh yeah, our lead is 6 now! And the magic # is 20!

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 05:42 PM
And I love it when you put words in my mouth! :D ;)

I never said yall don't have good pitching. I just said that I don't think it would hold up against Boston's in a 7 game series. And oh yeah, our lead is 6 now! And the magic # is 20!

:laugh: And I love it when your still wrong.
I dont recall saying you said that we dont have good pitching.
There you go again with assuming what I said.

All I said was: I love it when people say we dont have good pitching.
Because there are a lot of people who say that we dont have the pitching to do anything.

and :cool: @ a 6 game lead and magic number 20.

It should be in the Teens by tommorow.
Good stuff.

BroncoWave
09-02-2007, 05:49 PM
:laugh: And I love it when your still wrong.
I dont recall saying you said that we dont have good pitching.
There you go again with assuming what I said.

All I said was: I love it when people say we dont have good pitching.
Because there are a lot of people who say that we dont have the pitching to do anything.

and :cool: @ a 6 game lead and magic number 20.

It should be in the Teens by tommorow.
Good stuff.

Jay, I'm not going to get into another argument of semantics with you. Let's just talk baseball! :D

But yes, I would take our pitching staff over yall's every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Jay, I'm not going to get into another argument of semantics with you. Let's just talk baseball! :D

But yes, I would take our pitching staff over yall's every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Good job. Bout time you felt like talking baseball.
and LOL @ every day of the week.

Well our pitching outpitched your pitching this last series and will do so again. :P

But you be happy with your division lead.

I'll settle for beating Boston more times then they beat us this year and a World Series ring. :first::first:

BroncoWave
09-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Good job. Bout time you felt like talking baseball.
and LOL @ every day of the week.

Well our pitching outpitched your pitching this last series and will do so again. :P

But you be happy with your division lead.

I'll settle for beating Boston more times then they beat us this year and a World Series ring. :first::first:

I think our offense was just tired from beating up on Chicago. And we didn't have Manny for most of that series. And our great bullpen will get even better once we move Buchholz there for the remainder of the season. I am very confident in saying that the Yanks will not outpitch us in Fenway.

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 09:33 PM
I think our offense was just tired from beating up on Chicago. And we didn't have Manny for most of that series. And our great bullpen will get even better once we move Buchholz there for the remainder of the season. I am very confident in saying that the Yanks will not outpitch us in Fenway.

:laugh: That could be the case but I dont think so. Of course you have to make up an excuse as to why we beat you guys. You cant just say the better team won. :laugh:

So what was the case when Boston swept the Yankees back in April??
Is that the real Boston team? and the Real Yankee team?

Anyways I still think we wil win the series at Fenway and win the season series(just like every year)

Then come playoff time you can throw everything else out the window and worry about the playoffs.

oh and I still like our chances to win the division.
Yea I must be crazy.:elefant:

Also: The Laughing smilie on this site is GAY!

BroncoWave
09-02-2007, 10:45 PM
We will see my friend, we will see!

And yeah, the laughing smiley is pretty gay. The elephant is awesome though! :elefant:

BroncoWave
09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
King Felix lives! He shut the Yanks down in a 7-1 win! Our magic number is now in the teens!

BroncoBJ
09-03-2007, 04:24 PM
King Felix lives! He shut the Yanks down in a 7-1 win! Our magic number is now in the teens!

Told you. :cool:

King Felix FTW :elefant::elefant:

BroncoWave
09-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Well, despite Dice-K's craptastic effort we won 13-10. Definitely his least deserved win of the season. Division lead is 7 and magic # is 18.

BroncoBJ
09-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Do you ever keep your avatar the same? Damn.

and LMFAO @ the Yankees being 7 games back.

BroncoWave
09-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Do you ever keep your avatar the same? Damn.

and LMFAO @ the Yankees being 7 games back.

i think i'm gonna keep this one for awhile. it's pretty pimp!

BroncoWave
09-04-2007, 08:42 PM
We win again. Eight STRONG innings from Beckett! Magic # is now 17 and the division lead looks to stay at 7 with the Yanks pounding the Mariners.

BroncoBJ
09-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Damn. I was hoping the Magic number would go to 16. :(

OH well.

3 weeks left until October. :)

WTE
09-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Great 3 run HR by the young phenom Jacoby Ellsbury last night.

It appears our young homegrown talent is the best in the league.

1. Papelbon
2. Pedroia
3. Ellsbury
4. Buchholz
5. Lester
6. Delcarmen

BroncoWave
09-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Agreed. If we can keep all those players, this team is set for a long time! I personally like it this way more than I do signing big name free agents because back when the Yanks were winning World Series, pretty much all their stars came up through their system. And you can also add Okajima to that list.

Medford Bronco
09-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Agreed. If we can keep all those players, this team is set for a long time! I personally like it this way more than I do signing big name free agents because back when the Yanks were winning World Series, pretty much all their stars came up through their system. And you can also add Okajima to that list.

What are you talking about Okajima was a FA from Japan :laugh:

The Sox do have some good young talent, but I would be not too quick to judge Ellsbury on less than 100 ab. I agree very talented but too soon to tell if going to be great, but off to an awesome start.
Very disappointed in Lester though. I have more faith in Bulcholz than him right now.

Like my Dodgers as well with Matt Kemp, Chad Billingley, Jonathan Broxton
Andre Either, Russel Martin and James Loney

BroncoWave
09-12-2007, 09:38 PM
BIG PAPI hits a walk-off homerun to beat the D-Rays!! His first walk-off HR of the season and 9th of the season! Way to go PAPI!!!

BroncoBJ
09-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Bout damn time this thread got bumped.
I went to look for it and couldn't find it. :(

IMO it needs a sticky.

sneakers
09-13-2007, 01:43 AM
BIG PAPI hits a walk-off homerun to beat the D-Rays!! His first walk-off HR of the season and 9th of the season! Way to go PAPI!!!

What was it? A 200 foot home run? :confused:

BroncoBJ
09-13-2007, 02:40 AM
What was it? A 200 foot home run? :confused:

:laugh: A HR is a HR.

Even though the Outfielder could have easily caught the ball he didnt. The ball still left the yard and Boston still won.

They are the best team I've ever seen play in the history of baseball. :salute:

Beating a Tough Tampa Bay team at home is impressive.

Now they have to play a team of lesser talent then Tampa bay this weekend(Yankees) :(

WTE
10-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Hey Rockies!!!

I hope your snow blowers work better than your computers!

I don't want any of my Red Sox players getting hurt because you guys built a ball park in the North Pole.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey Rockies!!!

I hope your snow blowers work better than your computers!

I don't want any of my Red Sox players getting hurt because you guys built a ball park in the North Pole.

REALLY - Projected temp for Sat - 62 - for Sun 64

ALSO - 8.5 MILLION HITS just might shut down any computer!!!!!!

Rockies World Series Ticket Onsale

This morning the Rockies' ticketing provider Paciolan experienced a system wide outage that is impacting all of their North American customers. They are working hard to resume service as soon as possible and apologize to their customers and all fans for this impact.

The ONLY hurt your Red Sox players will experience is HURT FEELINGS after the Rockies WIN the World Series crhat rockies

WTE
10-23-2007, 07:36 AM
ALSO - 8.5 MILLION HITS just might shut down any computer!!!!!!

Bwa ha ha ha ha.

Yeah, it's called hackers!! When I first heard about 8.5 million hits I thought "Wow, I knew there were quite a few Rockies bandwagoners in Denver but 8.5 million?"

Now I know the truth. It wasn't 8.5 million fans - it was a pimple faced 15 year old who skipped school to hack your website.

Bwa ha ha ha ha.