PDA

View Full Version : Plummer not overly impressed with Tebow's passing, but still says he's a winner

topscribe
01-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Hi everybody!! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/y_hi_3.gif

NightTerror218
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Plummer about Tebow from a recent interview:

And later in the initerview:

Rest of interview can be seen here: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bdb7A

And Plummer was a top level QB?

BroncoStud
01-11-2012, 03:29 PM

No, but the Broncos won over 70% of the games he started as QB, so he understands something about winning.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
You have to get it done in the playoffs against a top defense like Pittsburg.

rjent
01-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Plummer who?

nevcraw
01-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Plummer who i appreciated his play when he was here couldn't throw from the pocket and nor hit the broad side of a barn if he wasn't on a roll-out / bootleg.

Ravage!!!
01-11-2012, 03:48 PM
How many throws has Belicheck made in the NFL?

You don't have to be an NFL star or HoF'er to know what you are talking about. The best coaches in the NFL weren't great NFL players. So although I don't think Plummer was much of a passer himself (especially from the pocket), he's still someone that has intelligent thoughts on the game of football with knowledge of the game that EVERYONE here doesn't have.

Not many are impressed with Tebow's throwing. At least Plummer is pointing out direct examples.

Northman
01-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Plummer had a lot of help around him compared to Tebow but Jake also did just enough of what was asked (nothing more) and he kept us competitive during his time in Denver. I dont think his comments are bad, sounds like honesty to me and i cant argue with him. Tim has work to do but if he continues to win thats all that matters in the grand scheme of things.

VonSackemMiller
01-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Lol plummer was never a good passer either but he last 10 years in the league starting. shut up plummer. my goodness

silkamilkamonico
01-11-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't particularly think Plunger had alot to work with. He only had portis for the 1 season, his TE was Jed Putzier the majority of his career, Rod Smith was a great WR but a shell of his former self when plummer was there. His other WR was Lelie.

I liked Plunger. He was a winning QB with Denver who did what it takes to win games. I don't think he had alot to work with but he wasn't a very good passer either. He's also just another opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

wayninja
01-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm not overly impressed with Plummer's interviewing skills. He has a lot to work on in the offseason. If he can work on his sentence structure and put thoughts together a bit more coherently, he may be good at it some day.

VonSackemMiller
01-11-2012, 04:45 PM
tebow showed last week he could pass from the pocket, And in the vikings game, And in the bears game. tebow is capable of being good in the pocket as we have seen, Aslong as he believes in himself and pulls the trigger like elway told him too. Plummer on the other hand, outside of the boots he was nothing. Which is why shanny grew tired of putting him out there because once teams took away the boots plummer was finished.

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Broke an elway record, played his ass off, won lots of games, won some playoff games.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

wayninja
01-11-2012, 04:47 PM
lol . . . I've never known Plummer

fixed it for ya

On the flip side, I've never known Tebow.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Broke an elway record, played his ass off, won lots of games, won some playoff games.

Almost sounds like this is a description of Tebow.

Buff
01-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Why is the media under the impression that we still care what Plummer thinks?

Go play handball and whine about how Shanny was mean to you. Douche.

VonSackemMiller
01-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Why is the media under the impression that we still care what Plummer thinks?

Go play handball and whine about how Shanny was mean to you. Douche.

THIS. didnt plummer quit the game to play ping pong?

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 04:54 PM
And the last QB to lead the Broncos to the playoffs, which he did three
years in a row.

But how "elite" Plummer was or wasn't means nothing as to how well he
knows the position and what it takes, right? He was in there for a lot of
years, so he should know a lot about it, I would think.

Nonetheless, I knew there would be those who would bring up how they
thought he played, as if that is some kind of argument as to how right or
wrong he is about his comments on Tebow . . .

Some feel they gotta tear down the critics in order to build up there boi.

I liked jake the while time in denver. He improved his play AND the team. The proof is in the pre/proceeding records.

I dont know why he is constantly asked his opine on the team, other than he left unhappy and isnt afraid to speak his mind. Oh, wait..... :rolleyes:

wayninja
01-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I care. More than I care what you think. That's not meant as an insult.
It's just that Plummer knows more about the QB position than you . . .

Wait a second. Weren't you arguing earlier that playing the position has very little to do with being right or wrong about judging others on it?

Can't really have it both ways...

dogfish
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
for ****'s sake, people are still asking that assclown for his opinion?

:tsk:

wayninja
01-11-2012, 05:05 PM
No, I wasn't.

Then this forum is broken. Because the stupid thing mistakenly claims that you wrote this;

Nonetheless, I knew there would be those who would bring up how they
thought he played, as if that is some kind of argument as to how right or
wrong he is about his comments on Tebow . . .

Don't worry, I'll PM the mods and let them know that something is going haywire on the site where it's misattributing posts.

Mike
01-11-2012, 05:05 PM
for ****'s sake, people are still asking that assclown for his opinion?

:tsk:

He probably calls reporters in between handball games.

Mike
01-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Mike says he is not overly impressed with Plummer's passing, but still says he is a loser who quit on his team and didn't have the testicular fortitude to fight for his job.

wayninja
01-11-2012, 05:09 PM
There you go. Now start working on your reading comprehension . . .

I would love to, but apparently the board is broken. I can't tell if what you are writing is actually you.

Playing a position has no bearing on how valid your comments are on others playing it and at the same time, Plummer is credible because he played the position.

No amount of study will force that into making sense.

wayninja
01-11-2012, 05:12 PM
I never said anything that you claimed I did.

Just apply some reading skills. :coffee:

Now, I'm throught with you in this thread. :focus:

Oh, right, the ol' the forum is broken defense again. Gotcha.

It's for others to read, I won't keep quoting you as you will keep denying what you wrote. Carry on.

NightTerror218
01-11-2012, 05:14 PM
So you think you would be a better source on the position?

How about people stop being fools and just consider the comment instead
of launching nonsensical attacks on the player? That's what I hate about
this board . . .

Not all former players are great analyzers, Hoge and Sapp stand out to me. I do not think he was ever a top level passer but he is talking about being a top level passer. Its funny though, all these analysis on Tebow and they vary so much but all have a little bit of the same in them.

As for ex-QB who commented on Tebow I would rather listen to Elway, Montana, Young and other TOP NOTCH QBs to ever play the game. Elway even said he is not the best person to rate a QB, he is better at looking at defense as to who he would rather NOT line up against.

claymore
01-11-2012, 05:15 PM
I care more about what Bradlee Van Pelt thinks than what Plummer does.

NightTerror218
01-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Oh, right, the ol' the forum is broken defense again. Gotcha.

It's for others to read, I won't keep quoting you as you will keep denying what you wrote. Carry on.

he will ignore you like the other half of the people on here who have called him out. He ignored me on my first day.

wayninja
01-11-2012, 05:17 PM
he will ignore you like the other half of the people on here who have called him out. He ignored me on my first day.

That's ok by me, it won't hurt my feelings. Contradicting yourself and then claiming you never did and that it's somehow the readers fault the contradiction exists is interesting and funny to me. It's way easier to ignore than to explain and I've seen enough topscribe to know which way he usually chooses.

Mike
01-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Top, you created this thread. It is a part of the board and you can't delete it just cause you don't like it now.

HammeredOut
01-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Even though Plummer was somewhat a fan favorite. I always thought he was a bum right back to his Arizona days.

Buff
01-11-2012, 05:24 PM
I care. More than I care what you think. That's not meant as an insult.
It's just that Plummer knows more about the QB position than you . . .

That would be relevant if I were quoted in any articles about the Denver Broncos... Ever. But I'm not. Therefore, I'm gonna go ahead and take it as an insult.

wayninja
01-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Okay. To hell with you guys.

I'm sorry I tried to share something with you. :tsk:

Oh, get over yourself. You are not interesting in sharing, you are only interesting in communing with those who have the exact same opinion on the matter and try to vehemently oppose any who disagree with you.

Sharing means that you accept dissenting opinions.

dogfish
01-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Of course not, especially when you are trolling right along with the others in it.
I guess you enjoy the topic turning personally into me.

Well, I guess that's the way it is. Carry on, trolls.

topscribe; the old guy who cried wolf. . . .

:laugh:

constantly. . . . :coffee:

rationalfan
01-11-2012, 05:55 PM
serious question: why are so many people here anti-plummer?

personally, i love the way the guy played - gritty, high energy, passionate and he won a lot of games (still has the highest career win percentage of any broncos QB ever). kind of like tebow. actually, a lot like tebow.

so why is tebow celebrated while plummer is given so much heat? (and, yes, I realize there's a lot of tebow heat too.)

is it because he flipped off the fans? is it because he didn't care what he said to the media or shanny?

truly, i'm curious why people detest him.

BroncoWave
01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Top is always the victim.

NightTerror218
01-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Top is always the victim.

so is every thread

wayninja
01-11-2012, 05:59 PM

personally, i love the way the guy played - gritty, high energy, passionate and he won a lot of games (still has the highest career win percentage of any broncos QB ever). kind of like tebow. actually, a lot like tebow.

so why is tebow celebrated while plummer is given so much heat? (and, yes, I realize there's a lot of tebow heat too.)

is it because he flipped off the fans? is it because he didn't care what he said to the media or shanny?

I don't detest him. I like him a lot. I don't like the way he left Denver (and football for that matter) very much, but thought he was a good QB that we could have built on.

The only reason I take any sort of issue here is because he chose to walk from the NFL and is no longer a Bronco. Why would anyone really care what he thinks? I mean, it's great if you do, but his opinion on the subject means about as much to me as Oprah's opinion on the subject. I know Plummer played the position and all, but so? Aren't there better/more qualified/more relevant guys to be asking?

Dapper Dan
01-11-2012, 06:01 PM

I just can't figure out why he's accepting all these interviews all of a sudden. I thought he wanted away from football.

FanInAZ
01-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Has Plummer ever done any interview that doesn't center on him criticizing someone else? Yes, I know that he was raked over the coals his entire career, but so was Elway. Do you see Elway wanting to run around everywhere being Mr. Negativity? There's a lot that Plummer can learn from Elway.

dogfish
01-11-2012, 06:11 PM

because he had talent and refused to work to maximize it. . .

he reportedly had the lowest attendance at non-madatory workouts of any player during the time he was on the roster. . . and he refused to play smart and take care of the ball-- dude would throw a hopeless INT into triple coverage before taking a sack. . . he was competitive and played hard ON the field, but i was convinced that he never cared whether we won or lost once the game was over-- i don't think he honestly gave a shit about football, and that sucks when you get paid like he did. . .

if not for that stuff i could have forgiven his refusal to act like a pro (road rage, flipping off fans, etc), but if you're going to be a douche, you better bring it on sudays-- not fold like a tent at the first sign of pressure, both in the pocket and on the depth chart. . .

we've had plenty of bad players over the years, but only a very small handfull who i wanted off my team for reasons beyond football-- plummer, romo and travis henry comprise the bulk of the list. . .

BroncoNut
01-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Even though Plummer was somewhat a fan favorite. I always thought he was a bum right back to his Arizona days.

any particular reason? In the arena of football only?

Dzone
01-11-2012, 06:14 PM
If Tebow wins a Super Bowl this year is it going to be John Who? LOL:pound:

topscribe
01-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Has Plummer ever done any interview that doesn't center on him criticizing someone else? Yes, I know that he was raked over the coals his entire career, but so was Elway. Do you see Elway wanting to run around everywhere being Mr. Negativity? There's a lot that Plummer can learn from Elway.

Did you even read the article? Plummer was actually complimentary toward
Tebow. But, you see, there are certain trolls who don't care. They just
have to troll. They can't help it. I'm not including you, but, again, you
might have taken the trouble of reading it, then commenting.

Dzone
01-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Wayninja that signature is too ******* funny man

BroncoNut
01-11-2012, 06:18 PM

yeah, I liked him. he was untethered and had a free spirit. maybe too much of one. He was selfish in a way, but he had to be because he was vulnerable in many ways. he had talent. I remember being intrigued by jake the snake in HIS college days at AZ. I think he loved playing for the fun of it, but didn't have the patience for the professional version of the game. Pretty much simple as that imo

nevcraw
01-11-2012, 06:21 PM
I call sour grapes..
Me thinks plummer still bitter he never got the love he though he deserved and the handball press is just not as far reaching as the NFL.

nothing get's your name in paper quicker than whispering the word tebow..

Tebow Tebow Tebow...

Dzone
01-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Whats anyone got against Plummer?
He gave us some good football,He became a millionaire,He married a Bronco cheerleader and disappeared with her into the forest. He has a cabin on the lake. Now he plays handball to stay young and sharp. Life is pretty damn sweet. Always have been a Plummer fan. He was affected by the death of his close friend Pat Tillman. He walked away and could have started in Tampa. He did it his way.

topscribe
01-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Whats anyone got against Plummer?
He gave us some good football,He became a millionaire,He married a Bronco cheerleader and disappeared with her into the forest. He has a cabin on the lake. Now he plays handball to stay young and sharp. Life is pretty damn sweet. Always have been a Plummer fan. He was affected by the death of his close friend Pat Tillman. He walked away and could have started in Tampa. He did it his way.

And, as I said, he was actually complimentary toward Tebow.

But, as I said, I'm sorry I shared. I won't make that mistake again . . .

FanInAZ
01-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Did you even read the article? Plummer was actually complimentary toward
Tebow. But, you see, there are certain trolls who don't care. They just
have to troll. They can't help it. I'm not including you, but, again, you
might have taken the trouble of reading it, then commenting.

Actually, my post was based on combining the 1st part of the thread title, "Plummer not overly impressed with Tebow's passing," with Plummer's track record which is why I stopped reading any article posted about any interviews that he does. If he ever does an interview that has a title something along the lines of, “**** is a Winner,” without any hint of “Plummer has a problem with ****,” then I'll read it.

topscribe
01-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Actually, my post was based on combining the 1st part of the thread title, "Plummer not overly impressed with Tebow's passing," with Plummer's track record which is why I stopped reading any article posted about any interviews that he does. If he ever does an interview that has a title something along the lines of, “**** is a Winner,” without any hint of “Plummer has a problem with ****,” then I'll read it.

So Plummer is "Mr. Negativity" without reading the article. Okay. :noidea:

Mike
01-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Maybe if the article were still up there he could read it. But someone had their candy taken away so they had to throw a little tantrum.

Northman
01-11-2012, 06:42 PM

Like some others, i dont detest him. But he is and was vastly overrated by some Bronco fans. When things got tough, he quit which is his perrogative but it rubbed me the wrong way. Either way, he's happy and has a great life and bill of health so he is irrelevant now.

VonSackemMiller
01-11-2012, 06:43 PM
the thing is would any of these former players like plummer and dilfer and kordell stewart ever look back on there careers and say that they themselves were average and never was going to make it? but yet there quick to shoot at tebow

topscribe
01-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Maybe if the article were still up there he could read it. But someone had their candy taken away so they had to throw a little tantrum.

Keep on trolling, Mike. Who gives a shit whether it is still up there? Nobody
seemed to bother to read it. I didn't throw any tantrum. I just decided
there were too many people in this thread that did not deserve to see it.
Not that they cared, as I implied.

Northman
01-11-2012, 06:45 PM

I read it. I thought it was good. Not sure why everyone is bitching about Jake answering the questions since everyone and their mother in the world has been asked about Tebow one way or another.

topscribe
01-11-2012, 06:48 PM
I read it. I thought it was good. Not sure why everyone is bitching about Jake answering the questions since everyone and their mother in the world has been asked about Tebow one way or another.

You read it, so you saw the positive things Plummer said about Tebow.
The others did not, so they assumed he was trashing Tebow. Hence, your
intelligent comments, as opposed to the others . . .

FanInAZ
01-11-2012, 06:48 PM
So Plummer is "Mr. Negativity" without reading the article. Okay. :noidea:

How many of his Shanny attack articles of his did you read? This isn’t the 1st time that he’s been interview on his option about the Broncos. Can you post a link to a previous article where he has something positive to say?

Slick
01-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Nobody is trolling this thread top. threads about plummer always brought out people who either loved or hated him.

That shouldnt be a surprise to you of all people.

I could care less what he thinks about Tebow but thanks for sharing. I was glad when he finally got benched but I also wish him well if that makes any sense.

sneakers
01-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Hi everybody!! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/y_hi_3.gif

lol +1000 internet drama points to you Top for making this thread.

VonSackemMiller
01-11-2012, 06:50 PM
who took the article down? and why? Just because some people didnt wanna hear it does not mean it needed to be took down. All discussion is good discussion isnt it?

topscribe
01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
How many of his Shanny attack articles of his did you read? This isn’t the 1st time that he’s been interview on his option about the Broncos. Can you post a link to a previous article where he has something positive to say?

Honestly, I don't know where the hell it is now. I'll try to find it later, if
and when I have time, and PM it to you and any others of my friends.

jhildebrand
01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
I liked Cutler. I liked Griese. I didn't like Orton. Neither could win our way into the playoffs with comparable or better teams.

I will take this team, right now, with the limitations and Tebow's skillset based on the fact they DID, together, find a way in!

Northman
01-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Truthfully, i never hated any Denver QB including Orton. Its just that a few of them were average to me talent wise (outside of Elway, Cutler) and the verdict is still out on Tebow.

LawDog
01-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Tim Tebow throws significantly better left-handed than did Jake Plummer.

/thread

Dreadnought
01-11-2012, 07:40 PM

he reportedly had the lowest attendance at non-madatory workouts of any player during the time he was on the roster. . . and he refused to play smart and take care of the ball-- dude would throw a hopeless INT into triple coverage before taking a sack. . . he was competitive and played hard ON the field, but i was convinced that he never cared whether we won or lost once the game was over-- i don't think he honestly gave a shit about football, and that sucks when you get paid like he did. . .

if not for that stuff i could have forgiven his refusal to act like a pro (road rage, flipping off fans, etc), but if you're going to be a douche, you better bring it on sudays-- not fold like a tent at the first sign of pressure, both in the pocket and on the depth chart. . .

we've had plenty of bad players over the years, but only a very small handfull who i wanted off my team for reasons beyond football-- plummer, romo and travis henry comprise the bulk of the list. . .

Nailed it totally. I am obsessive about the Broncos, and I want the players as obsessive as me or more. After all, they make more money at it. I think Plummer was a loafer and a goldbrick. Eventually he became a crybaby and he folded, and I was more than happy to see the last of him. I saw him as a very poor quality character guy* whose indifference was contagious.

*Not a Travis Henry, Dale Carter, or Nate Webster level character douche, just kind of a low effort slug.

Tned
01-11-2012, 07:46 PM
who took the article down? and why? Just because some people didnt wanna hear it does not mean it needed to be took down. All discussion is good discussion isnt it?

Apparently Top did because people didn't agree with him or something. Just catching up on the thread.

Anyone that didn't get their panties in a wad have a link to the article, I wouldn't mind reading it.

wayninja
01-11-2012, 07:48 PM

BWAHAHAHHAHA!

That's funny shit.

Jsteve01
01-11-2012, 07:48 PM
so was his indifference contagious when he was leading the Broncos to the aFC championship game?

Im not trying to be a dick but come on. The guy got screwed after Kubes left. Heimerdinger and Shanny attempted to pigeon hole him and took away the few things he did well. Sure he pressed. He could see the writing on the wall.

wayninja
01-11-2012, 07:50 PM
LOL at Top who thinks he controls information.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/01/10/jake-plummer-comments-tim-tebow-denver-broncos-vs-new-england-patriots/

The strange masturbation pic is the best part of the article;

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Plummer_Handball-300x150.jpg

Tned
01-11-2012, 07:55 PM
LOL at Top who thinks he controls information.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/01/10/jake-plummer-comments-tim-tebow-denver-broncos-vs-new-england-patriots/

The strange masturbation pic is the best part of the article;

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Plummer_Handball-300x150.jpg

Thanks

Northman
01-11-2012, 08:00 PM
so was his indifference contagious when he was leading the Broncos to the aFC championship game?

Im not trying to be a dick but come on. The guy got screwed after Kubes left. Heimerdinger and Shanny attempted to pigeon hole him and took away the few things he did well. Sure he pressed. He could see the writing on the wall.

Nah, disagree.

It simply came down to teams started to figure him out. I mean, come on. After 4-5 years using the bootleg the last team to actually figure it out was KC. The thing is, after Kubes left he just didnt want to keep working at it, didnt want to put the extra effort in to make himself better. As too his play in 05', yep. By far his best year as a pro but than he shit himself in the AFCCG with 4 turnovers. Then he followed that up with another 4 turnover game to start the season vs St. Louis. Fact is, dude quit when things got tough and he knew because of his inconsistent play that his relationship with Shanny was waning.

fvkw
01-11-2012, 08:08 PM

This is true ! Jake had a good year with kubes! Jake was alright.

dogfish
01-11-2012, 08:13 PM
yea, IIRC that's always been T's contention as well-- that dinger's playcalling was jake's demise, or something to that effect. . . i'm with north-- i think DCs eventually started to figure us out, and jake's inability to make plays from the pocket got exposed pretty badly. . .

in any case, shanahan clearly decided that he had gone as far with jake as he was going to-- we'll never know for sure if that was based more on jake's work ethic or his on-field limitations. . . i personally think the way jake took his ball and went home pretty much validates the decision. . .

however you look at it, it's way passed now. . .

*shrugs*

wayninja
01-11-2012, 08:16 PM
yea, IIRC that's always been T's contention as well-- that dinger's playcalling was jake's demise, or something to that effect. . . i'm with north-- i think DCs eventually started to figure us out, and jake's inability to make plays from the pocket got exposed pretty badly. . .

in any case, shanahan clearly decided that he had gone as far with jake as he was going to-- we'll never know for sure if that was based more on jake's work ethic or his on-field limitations. . . i personally think the way jake took his ball and went home pretty much validates the decision. . .

*shrugs*

Agree, some folks still talk about Jake like it's 2007.

NightTerror218
01-11-2012, 08:18 PM
You read it, so you saw the positive things Plummer said about Tebow.
The others did not, so they assumed he was trashing Tebow. Hence, your
intelligent comments, as opposed to the others . . .

ya so your title of thread is not misleading or anything if he is talking up Tebow? :confused:

Dreadnought
01-11-2012, 08:40 PM

I'm more thinking his 2006 meltdown. I know there were the Cutler and Heimerdinger factors, but his performance in '06 was sub-putrid, or, put another way, his QB rating was below Kordell Stewarts lifetime QB rating, and that is about the same thing. He flat out mailed it in that season, and he was an embarrasment. He was in a new system and was either unwilling or unable to do the work needed to learn to thrive in that system.

And no, I didn't take it that you were being a dick...I just have no use whatever for friggin' Plummer :D

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Almost sounds like this is a description of Tebow.
Lets just give him his bronze bust now, shall we. :coffee:

Medford Bronco
01-11-2012, 08:44 PM
No, but the Broncos won over 70% of the games he started as QB, so he understands something about winning.

And he beat the pats in the playoffs

topscribe
01-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Apparently Top did because people didn't agree with him or something. Just catching up on the thread.

Anyone that didn't get their panties in a wad have a link to the article, I wouldn't mind reading it.

I'll find it tonight and send it to you.

And you ought to know better about the disagreeing part. I practically
begged people to stick to the topic, which was solely on Plummer's
discusison about Tebow, not about what a bum he was, rendering even
his opinion as worthless. And it certainly was not about me, although
some wanted to make me the topic.

There was no disagreeing with me, anyway, because I didn't express an
opinion. I only posted a portion of an article as a contribution to the board.
I did not offer an opinion on it.

Nonetheless, I agree that Plummer did not play up to his abilities and that
his heart was not in the game. He was not a hard worker at football. I was
ultimately very disappointed in him for that, especially having been one of
his supporters. But that was not the intended topic, and, as the OP here,
I decide the topic. Or I take it away.

Now that I have that out of the way, as I said, I will send it to you as
soon as I finish eating here and can find it again.

MOtorboat
01-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I like Plummer.

topscribe
01-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Okay, well, here: http://b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=10573&id=kzsyyja3afikqz84odnbp20kv40b5&id2=1oozh6yi8n4vyw7yktyxn81xqv4zn&subscriber_id=bjptkbdnnfzbdvkfrkgwqpwhkqzzbjp&delivery_id=bkpxwdrrwhugwdislppujhgeaeexbdd&tid=3.KU0.A6AIaQ.CFtl.McNe..UV3p.b..l.ApuA.a.Tw4pA Q.Tw4pAQ._9KUqQ

Try reading it before trashing him.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2012, 08:58 PM

Haha. I said that a description of Plummer sounded like Tebow. So you're saying Plummer deserves a bust? Or are you just overly sensitive when people talk well of our current starting QB?

wayninja
01-11-2012, 09:04 PM

When I saw this, I thought you must be referring to this:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/272/891/drewes_original.jpg?1323726108

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Mike says he is not overly impressed with Plummer's passing, but still says he is a loser who quit on his team and didn't have the testicular fortitude to fight for his job.
Post lobotomy?

Mike
01-11-2012, 09:50 PM

*shrugs*

I was listening to KOA one day (a month ago or so) and they had John Lynch on there and he basically said he was surprised they made it to the AFCCG, because the team was smoke and mirrors on both sides of the ball. Pitts figured it out and it was all down hill from there.

Tned
01-11-2012, 09:53 PM
When I saw this, I thought you must be referring to this:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/272/891/drewes_original.jpg?1323726108

Damn, that's a grade A gold bust...

topscribe
01-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Damn, that's a grade A gold bust...

She looks half Irish, half holstein . . .

Medford Bronco
01-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I was listening to KOA one day (a month ago or so) and they had John Lynch on there and he basically said he was surprised they made it to the AFCCG, because the team was smoke and mirrors on both sides of the ball. Pitts figured it out and it was all down hill from there.

I think they were a little better than smoke and mirrors that season. They had a good defense and Jake had the best year of his career. Were they great, no but they were not as much of smoke and mirrors as some other teams over the years that had success in the playoffs. The Jets come to mind of the last 2 years, esp 2009, when they were lucky to even get in, then they beat Cincy and SD before losing to Indy where they had a lead.

Dreadnought
01-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I think they were a little better than smoke and mirrors that season. They had a good defense and Jake had the best year of his career. Were they great, no but they were not as much of smoke and mirrors as some other teams over the years that had success in the playoffs. The Jets come to mind of the last 2 years, esp 2009, when they were lucky to even get in, then they beat Cincy and SD before losing to Indy where they had a lead.

Tatum Bell and Mike Anderson were the real deal in '05. T. Bell was as much fun to watch that one year as any RB since TD - including Portis.

Medford Bronco
01-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Tatum Bell and Mike Anderson were the real deal in '05. T. Bell was as much fun to watch that one year as any RB since TD - including Portis.

Did they both get 1000 yards that year. (too lazy to look now)
I know Anderson definitely did.

They still had Rod Smith and McCaffrey. God I miss those guys.

Dreadnought
01-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Did they both get 1000 yards that year. (too lazy to look now)
I know Anderson definitely did.

They still had Rod Smith and McCaffrey. God I miss those guys.

No, Tatum got 921. Eddie had retired, but it was one of Lelie's two good season, with an excellent 18+ YPC

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2005.htm

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 11:20 PM
topscribe; the old guy who cried wolf. . . .

:laugh:

constantly. . . . :coffee:

Ok, hopfish...err...dogtard....err....hopdog.

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 11:23 PM

Good luck with that. I asked the same thing yrs ago.

I think its because he wasnt drafted. Which is only backed up when you look at orton's haters. Same people.

Evidently only qb's drafted by the team are worthy of any praise.

Tned
01-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Ok, hopfish...err...dogtard....err....hopdog.

Wow, typical great contribution.

I think its because he wasnt drafted. Which is only backed up when you look at orton's haters. Same people.

Yea, Orton sucking had nothing to do with people not being happy with him.

MOtorboat
01-11-2012, 11:26 PM

What in the world does Orton have to do with that?

Your obsession is unhealthy.

Plummer wasn't drafted by the Broncos either.

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 11:29 PM
I don't detest him. I like him a lot. I don't like the way he left Denver (and football for that matter) very much, but thought he was a good QB that we could have built on.

The only reason I take any sort of issue here is because he chose to walk from the NFL and is no longer a Bronco. Why would anyone really care what he thinks? I mean, it's great if you do, but his opinion on the subject means about as much to me as Oprah's opinion on the subject. I know Plummer played the position and all, but so? Aren't there better/more qualified/more relevant guys to be asking?
1. He didnt walk away from the Broncos. He was traded.

2. He retired on his own terms, healthy. What the hell is wrong with that, and why would you care?

3. How would you 'build from him' after he was traded?

4. I highly doubt he's going around looking for urinalists, asking to be interviewed about the Broncos.

bcbronc
01-11-2012, 11:29 PM

come on dog, I know you hate Plummer but really?

I always liked Plummer, even if he was limited as a QB and what he did well was figured out. He's always come across as a person with a good heart, even if he did wear it on his sleeve a bit too often. I get the complaints that he could have worked harder between Sundays, but on the other hand I always appreciated that he never lost sight of the fact that football's just a game. Great style too, imo.

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Tim Tebow throws significantly better left-handed than did Jake Plummer.

/thread

Dambit!! I better see his patented jump-pass this weekend, or heads are gonna roll! :mad:

yuhateme80
01-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Why do bronco fans jump on people who criticizes Timmy boy aka tebow I love broncos but tebow has a lot of work to do

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Haha. I said that a description of Plummer sounded like Tebow. So you're saying Plummer deserves a bust? Or are you just overly sensitive when people talk well of our current starting QB?

I think taking less than a full year's play, by ANY player, and comparing him to a 10+yr vet, is overthetop.
Which is pretty much the case of most of the TT fandom.

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 11:45 PM

The last 10yrs under shanny was smoke n mirrors.

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Wow, typical great contribution.

Can't beat 'em.....beat 'em.

Isnt that the local montra?

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 11:49 PM
What in the world does Orton have to do with that?

Your obsession is unhealthy.

Plummer wasn't drafted by the Broncos either.
Thanks for making my point.
:rolleyes:

MOtorboat
01-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Thanks for making my point.
:rolleyes:

Which point. That you're obsessed with Orton?

dogfish
01-11-2012, 11:56 PM
come on dog, I know you hate Plummer but really?

truly. . .

topscribe
01-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Which point. That you're obsessed with Orton?

So he likes Orton.

I still do, too. :whoknows:

BroncoNut
01-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Nailed it totally. I am obsessive about the Broncos, and I want the players as obsessive as me or more. After all, they make more money at it. I think Plummer was a loafer and a goldbrick. Eventually he became a crybaby and he folded, and I was more than happy to see the last of him. I saw him as a very poor quality character guy* whose indifference was contagious.

*Not a Travis Henry, Dale Carter, or Nate Webster level character douche, just kind of a low effort slug.

I always pulled for Jake (again, for obviious reasons) but always hoped he'd pull it together each season to silence the naysayers. He was kinda the underdog to me and I was attracted to his rebellious/individualistic thing that was Jake Plummer. ( Must admit, I've got a weakness for that shit. It melts my butter), but after it's all said and done, which it is, I think this assessment is a fair one.

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:02 AM
So he likes Orton.

I still do, too. :whoknows:

This has to be the strangest thread we've seen for a while.

You post an article. You get pissed off that people don't agree with the article. You try to delete the article, a complete copout btw, and then your buddy brings up Orton for absolutely no reason at all, and suddenly the topic changes to Orton...

BroncoNut
01-12-2012, 12:03 AM

You post an article. You get pissed off that people don't agree with the article. You try to delete the article, a complete copout btw, and then your buddy brings up Orton for absolutely no reason at all, and suddenly the topic changes to Orton...

Mo, YOU have the power to ignore this behavior. Tops been at it again since his masturbation thread

wayninja
01-12-2012, 12:05 AM
1. He didnt walk away from the Broncos. He was traded.

Ok, great. I didn't say anything to the contrary. Thanks for 'correcting' me though, I guess.

2. He retired on his own terms, healthy. What the hell is wrong with that, and why would you care?

For the same reason I care about anything football related. I'm entitled to care, who the hell are you to tell me otherwise?

3. How would you 'build from him' after he was traded?

Naturally you wouldn't. Is that an entry for most stupid question of the century or are you really that dense?

4. I highly doubt he's going around looking for urinalists, asking to be interviewed about the Broncos.

Yay for you, thanks for sharing. He certainly isn't shunning any interview the way he left the NFL.

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:05 AM

I don't know who brought up what. I saw two posts: his and yours. And
as far as the topic, I gave up a long time ago. I couldn't bring anyone
back to it, and you don't appear to be any closer to it. So I don't care
now. I tried to delete the entire thread a long time ago. :coffee:

VonSackemMiller
01-12-2012, 12:06 AM
I support whoever our QB is untill the wheels fall off. Hell im a homer i support all bronco players unless there lazy or quit

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:07 AM

:victim:

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:07 AM
I support whoever our QB is untill the wheels fall off. Hell im a homer i support all bronco players unless there lazy or quit

Well then, we're thinking alike on this matter . . .

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:08 AM

:idiot:

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:09 AM
:idiot:

If I could have read the article in the OP, I would have. But someone deleted it because they were being a pansy.

chazoe60
01-12-2012, 12:10 AM
I loved Plummer, despised Orton.

Weird, huh?

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:11 AM

That's a lie. Just like the other cop outs in this thread.

Tell me about how Denver doesn't run crossing routes.

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:13 AM
If I could have read the article in the OP, I would have. But someone deleted it because they were being a pansy.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1517410&postcount=82

Brush up on your reading skills . . .

dogfish
01-12-2012, 12:13 AM

Weird, huh?

you're doing it wrong. . . if you loved plummer, you're supposed to hate cutler, love orton, and be stand-offish at best towards tebow. . .

i expect better of you!

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:14 AM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1517410&postcount=82

Brush up on your reading skills . . .

So you re-posted it because you got called out? After you played the victim again, and threw a hissy fit.

Shocking.

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:15 AM

Weird, huh?

As I mentioned earlier, I was disappointed when I found out about
Plummer's lack of dedication and resulting work ethic, but he did help to
provide us with three straight playoff years . . . something we had not had
since, until last Sunday . . .

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:16 AM
So you re-posted it because you got called out? After you played the victim again, and threw a hissy fit.

Shocking.

You trying to hurt my feelings or something?

chazoe60
01-12-2012, 12:16 AM
you're doing it wrong. . . if you loved plummer, you're supposed to hate cutler, love orton, and be stand-offish at best towards tebow. . .

i expect better of you!

I guess I just like it when the Broncos win. I'm sick that way.

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:17 AM
You trying to hurt my feelings or something?

What does Orton have to do with Plummer?

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:18 AM

I liked Griese
I liked Plummer
I liked Cutler
I liked Orton
I like Tebow

I must be on my death bed . . .

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:19 AM
What does Orton have to do with Plummer?

Good question. When you come up with an answer, let me know . . .

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Good question. When you come up with an answer, let me know . . .

You should ask rcsodak. He made the analogy.

Reading comprehension and all.

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:22 AM
You should ask rcsodak. He made the analogy.

Reading comprehension and all.

You know, you could probably kiss my ass without even leaning over . . .

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:23 AM
You know, you could probably kiss my ass without even leaning over . . .

Well, now isn't that relevant to your argument...

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Well, now isn't that relevant to your argument...

Not really. The thought just occurred to me, is all . . .

dogfish
01-12-2012, 12:24 AM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7930/ilikewherethisthreadisgb.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/ilikewherethisthreadisgb.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:26 AM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7930/ilikewherethisthreadisgb.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/ilikewherethisthreadisgb.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Here, Dog . . . :popcorn:

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Not really. The thought just occurred to me, is all . . .

My suggestion, is to delete this post and then claim no one understands what your point was...

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:27 AM
My suggestion, is to delete this post and then claim no one understands what your point was...

You're going to have to delete it. It's your post . . .

chazoe60
01-12-2012, 12:28 AM
I liked Griese
I liked Plummer
I liked Cutler
I liked Orton
I like Tebow

I must be on my death bed . . .

I liked Greise because we some success with him(playoffs twice IIRC) but was happy to see him go because I felt he was a guy who was never going to get much better than average. He was too conservative for my taste.

I loved Plummer. I loved his kind of take it or leave it attitude. I loved that he was a mountain man type and never really understood why Colorado didn't embrace him more. Most of all I loved that he won a shit ton of games for us. I loved Him because I love gunslinging swashbuckler type QBs. Damn fun to watch.

I had high hopes for Cutler. The way he acted during and after tradegate made him dead to me.

I hated Orton(as a QB, I'm sure he's a fine person) for myriad of reasons you and everyone else here already knows. Hell, I'm famous for my hatred of him, no need to expound on it.

I am hopeful for the future with TT. I get frusrated one game and ecstatic the next. No matter what happens with Tebow I will always live him for this amazing season. And he's the best rolemodel I cohld hope for as a football player for my son.

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:30 AM
You're going to have to delete it. It's your post . . .

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:30 AM
I liked Greise because we some success with him(playoffs twice IIRC) but was happy to see him go because I felt he was a guy who was never going to get much better than average. He was too conservative for my taste.

I loved Plummer. I loved his kind of take it or leave it attitude. I loved that he was a mountain man type and never really understood why Colorado didn't embrace him more. Most of all I loved that he won a shit ton of games for us. I loved Him because I love gunslinging swashbuckler type QBs. Damn fun to watch.

I had high hopes for Cutler. The way he acted during and after tradegate made him dead to me.

I hated Orton(as a QB, I'm sure he's a fine person) for myriad of reasons you and everyone else here already knows. Hell, I'm famous for my hatred of him, no need to expound on it.

I am hopeful for the future with TT. I get frusrated one game and ecstatic the next. No matter what happens with Tebow I will always live him for this amazing season. And he's the best rolemodel I cohld hope for as a football player for my son.

I hope against hope for Tebow. That is all.

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:31 AM

:child:

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 12:33 AM

Why again was Orton relevant in this thread?

topscribe
01-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Why again was Orton relevant in this thread?

You know, Mo, there comes a time in life that you're going to have to figure out these things by yourself . . .

Elevation inc
01-12-2012, 12:40 AM

that didnt matter just ask shanny....pretty passing is where its at.....wins are overrated ;)

:laugh::laugh:

BeefStew25
01-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Top, maybe you just need to release some pressure.

NightTrainLayne
01-12-2012, 01:38 AM

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Hey guys... The rules forbid personal attacks. Shut down the personal BS, or I'll just shut down the thread.

topscribe
01-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Hey guys... The rules forbid personal attacks. Shut down the personal BS, or I'll just shut down the thread.

I would appreciate it, thank you. As the OP, I tried to delete it twice.

NightTrainLayne
01-12-2012, 01:49 AM
I would appreciate it, thank you. As the OP, I tried to delete it twice.

Yeah. I've seen all the posts you deleted.

I think if I were you I'd hope it all disappeared as well.

Should we keep this line of conversation going, or do you want to change the subject?

topscribe
01-12-2012, 01:52 AM
Yeah. I've seen all the posts you deleted.

I think if I were you I'd hope it all disappeared as well.

Should we keep this line of conversation going, or do you want to change the subject?

Nope. I just asked you to go ahead and shut it down. I don't need the smart
remarks from a mod posing as doing his duty. Thank you. Have a good evening.

bcbronc
01-12-2012, 02:04 AM

Dog's not, he hates Plummer so he obviously hates winning.

:hahaha:

Joel
01-12-2012, 08:40 AM
I have no clue what he was getting at by mentioning the awful human beings he's known who make faith the solace for their shame, but yes, that interview did smack a bit of bitterness: A running QB who never learned to pass from the pocket and got booed out of Denver resents another Denver running QB who's working hard and making great strides at being a solid pocket passer. I mean, really, you shouldn't be an NFL QB if you can't hit curls from the pocket? :rolleyes: If Rod Smith hadn't spent 4 years chasing Plummers 15 yd flutterballs into safeties and LBs he'd still have the hips with which he was born. I despise Plummer as much for that as for costing us a Super Bowl trip against a Seahawks team we would've destroyed.

Now Tebow has cleansed Denvers palate of the bitter taste that's lingered since the Steelers humiliated Plummer and us six years ago, and Jake doesn't like it. Not my fault, not my problem.

More like won A playoff game; his ONE other win was a Cowboys choke job that STILL makes Dallas fans blush. If we lose Saturday Tebow will have already done as much for Denver in the postseason as Plummer did. Actually, I take that back; the Colts haven't sent him home one and done two years running, but there's still time, I guess. If we win, Tebow will have accomplished twice as much with far less than Plummer did his whole time in Denver. I liked the guy till his meltdown in the only Conference Championship Denver ever lost at home, but he was an object lesson in many ways. He showed:

1) There's a limit to how much designing an offense around a mediocre QB with a few specific skills can maximize his effectiveness and 2) Bootleg QBs implode if confined to the pocket.

It was bizarre to watch, but undeniable: The very thing on which pocket passers thrive was the kiss of death for Plummer, and furnished the blueprint for beating the bootleg QB.

I don't particularly think Plunger had alot to work with. He only had portis for the 1 season, his TE was Jed Putzier the majority of his career, Rod Smith was a great WR but a shell of his former self when plummer was there. His other WR was Lelie.

I liked Plunger. He was a winning QB with Denver who did what it takes to win games. I don't think he had alot to work with but he wasn't a very good passer either. He's also just another opinion, nothing more, nothing less.
He had Lepsis and Nalen, plus Hamilton (though the other side of the line with Carlisle and Foster was pretty awful) plus a good, not great, versatile back in Anderson. It's ironic so many people were glad we dumped him on Baltimore because he wasn't a burner, but the best back we've had since is another power runner we got from Baltimore. :lol:

Plummer also had Wilson, Lynch, Ferguson and Pryce and in '05 he had D-Will and Foxworth. If our secondary looked HALF that good now I'd feel a lot better about playing NE Saturday.

And he had Rod Smith. Rod wasn't a "shell of his former self" when Plummer got here, Plummer just left him one. He was the only solid WR we had, and the entire League knew it, so every time we passed the whole D keyed on him as Plummers wobbly off target passes forced him to leap and dive after them while three guys hit him. I'll never forgive Plummer for that.

Agreed, on every point. Maybe that's his beef with Tebow: Their strengths are similar in many ways (except Tebow's not a pick machine,) but Tebow is working hard to accommodate himself to the game, not just continuing to play the only way he knows, making no extra effort and expecting to win because the team and League adapt to him. Of course, the League DID adapt to Jake, so he screwed himself refusing to develop a Plan B.

i expect better of you!
Interesting joke: How much is performance based and how much just hating the guy who took your boys job, then loving the guy who takes his? The moral for young QBs may be "sign with a team whose starter is old and good enough to retire with the team, but not so great he'll overshadow the position for a generation." Perhaps that's why Elway took the VP job: Any Denver QB with his blessing can't be condemned for not BEING him.

Chef Zambini
01-12-2012, 09:23 AM
what is this thread about exactly?
tebow?
plummer?
sharing?
caring?
I have to admit I laughed alot reading many of the commentds but became numb after reading the first 3 pages, it has become so dilluted and 'sandbox' in nature.
The article was gone before I got a chance to read it.
Somebody asked PLUMMER his opinion of TEBOW, he answered the question. You either value his opinion or not.

I think the 2 QBs are very similar, especially with the passion that they play(ed) the game !

PLUMMER is not a cookie cutter human being, I like that about him.
I loved his passion for the game but it was a double edged sword.
PLUMMER HAD A HERO COMPLEX.
it often got him into trouble , he was notorious for red zone picks on FIRST DOWN !
he admired his close friend, a REAL HERO, TILLMAN.
He got sand-bagged by shanny , and walked away from a game he loved because he didnt want to deal with the BS.
Critical?
they asked him about TEBOW, the most polarizing person on the planet, of course he is going to have good and bad comments.

Chef Zambini
01-12-2012, 10:10 AM
thanks for sending me the article, funny how moost of the posters FAILED to read the part where plummer dicribes rookies coming out of college being able to do things he could not.
also ironic that many posters declared who cares yet your threasd generated 5 pages of "caring"

topscribe
01-12-2012, 10:36 AM
thanks for sending me the article, funny how moost of the posters FAILED to read the part where plummer dicribes rookies coming out of college being able to do things he could not.
also ironic that many posters declared who cares yet your threasd generated 5 pages of "caring"

Some posters seem interested only in trolling, flaming, and baiting . . . :sad:

BroncoNut
01-12-2012, 10:57 AM

no shit. gets unnerving doesn't it?

Fullback32
01-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I don't care what Plummer has to say. I want to hear what Brian Griese has to say. *woof woof*

Joel
01-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't care what Plummer has to say. I want to hear what Brian Griese has to say. *woof woof*
I liked Griese because (believe it or not) I value accuracy most in a passer, and Griese was VERY accurate when he had solid protection, despite lacking a strong arm.

Therefore Jake Plummer is a no talent bum for replacing him, which makes Jay Cutler the greatest since Elway (or at least Griese) for replacing HIM. By the Law of Alternating QBs I... *counts it out* love Tim Tebow. :tongue:

BeefStew25
01-12-2012, 07:29 PM

And others in beating meat.

Day1BroncoFan
01-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Plummer is dead to me and I'm glad the article is no longer posted so I don't have to read it.

I have nothing against Plummer except that from the start I didn't think we'd ever see a superbowl win with him and I was right. The time he was here notwithstanding his accomplishments was a waste of time to me.

rcsodak
01-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Which point. That you're obsessed with Orton?because i used him as strictly an example, beings i dont follow other nfl team goings-on?

:lol:

rcsodak
01-12-2012, 07:57 PM

More like your reading/comprehension skills (or lack thereof) shine thru.

You still gloss over my point.....only to validate it....unknowingly, i guess....and fall into this 'orton' thing.
Evidently, some people, when seeing his name, self-lobotomize themselves.

Here....llet me help:

ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON

rcsodak
01-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Ok, great. I didn't say anything to the contrary. Thanks for 'correcting' me though, I guess.

For the same reason I care about anything football related. I'm entitled to care, who the hell are you to tell me otherwise?

Naturally you wouldn't. Is that an entry for most stupid question of the century or are you really that dense?

Yay for you, thanks for sharing. He certainly isn't shunning any interview the way he left the NFL.
For someone that rails on others about their own posts, you FAIL at your own.
Sorry if youre unable to standup to criticism of your own words. But not my prob, bob.

rcsodak
01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Deleting your first post will do that.

wayninja
01-12-2012, 08:09 PM
For someone that rails on others about their own posts, you FAIL at your own.
Sorry if youre unable to standup to criticism of your own words. But not my prob, bob.

Yet again, you post something that has nothing to do with what you've responded to. Not sure how to react to that. I guess nonsensically is best.

Say something that makes sense and maybe we can talk... not holding my breath though.

topscribe
01-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Deleting your first post will do that.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums (http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums)

Only temporarily.

I'm done sharing articles.

KCL
01-12-2012, 08:51 PM

The thread should have ended with this post!

BeefStew25
01-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Only temporarily.

You learned a lesson for sure. Remember this day.

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Only temporarily.

Remember how you were done with the entire board?

topscribe
01-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Remember how you were done with the entire board?

I remember when I helped to create it.

I remember how I worked my ass off to help bring this board, along with
Tned and Carol, to the state that you can enjoy posting in it.

Enjoy! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

BeefStew25
01-12-2012, 11:16 PM
We need Top on that wall.

MOtorboat
01-12-2012, 11:31 PM
I think Plummer likes Tebow.

TXBRONC
01-13-2012, 12:04 AM
that didnt matter just ask shanny....pretty passing is where its at.....wins are overrated ;)

:laugh::laugh:

Shanahan felt getting to the AFCCG was as far as Jake was ever going to take the team and considering Plummers lack of a work ethic it's no wonder he sought out a replacement.

TXBRONC
01-13-2012, 12:09 AM
I think Plummer likes Tebow.

In a backhanded kind of way.

wayninja
01-13-2012, 12:35 AM
I remember when I helped to create it.

I remember how I worked my ass off to help bring this board, along with
Tned and Carol, to the state that you can enjoy posting in it.

Enjoy! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

And back then they didn't have that fancy server side scripting like PHP or ASP, you had to hand code the HTML and store data objects in a Borland database engine uphill both ways IN THE SNOW!!!

Whipper-snappers!

Top > Al Gore

I Eat Staples
01-13-2012, 06:13 AM
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON

The things you shout in your bedroom are not relevant to this discussion.

Elevation inc
01-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Shanahan felt getting to the AFCCG was as far as Jake was ever going to take the team and considering Plummers lack of a work ethic it's no wonder he sought out a replacement.

i know bud it was sarcasm and a play on our current situation with tebow...lol

Dreadnought
01-13-2012, 03:39 PM
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON
ORTON

The things you shout in your bedroom are not relevant to this discussion.

Thats more likely something I shout when I hit my thumb with a hammer or if the dog pukes on the bed

topscribe
01-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Thats more likely something I shout when I hit my thumb with a hammer or if the dog pukes on the bed

I don't know why, but I couldn't keep from busting out laughing at this. :lol:

Medford Bronco
01-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Or if you trip on your dog and break your foot or arm when falling, ala Brian Griese or the excuse Griese gave us :lol:

Dreadnought
01-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Or if you trip on your dog and break your foot or arm when falling, ala Brian Griese or the excuse Griese gave us :lol:

Well, yeah. Coulda happened to anybody, really ;)

VonSackemMiller
01-13-2012, 10:58 PM
i trip over my dog all the time

MOtorboat
01-13-2012, 10:59 PM
i trip over my dog all the time

Tell us about how Denver doesn't run crossing routes again...

VonSackemMiller
01-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Slurping me tonight?

MOtorboat
01-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Slurping me tonight?

So, crossing routes? Nothing?

Anything on your Elway conspiracies? Maybe something about how the wide receiver aren't any good? Something...some signs of life here?

hamrob
01-13-2012, 11:38 PM
This is the first time I read Plummer's comments. I thought he was fair. He didn't beat up on Tebow...he said what is the truth. Tebow has to make those throws and he did.

The throw that he didn't make on the deep in route. That throw everyone is talking about. I saw it right away..because they showed the play from behind the line. There was a safety deep in the throwing lane...5yds deeper than where DT was going to be. But, if for some reason DT didn't get to the ball, it would have been an INT. I think Tebow decided, he just wasn't going to take the chance...and threw the ball in the turf. For a kid playing his first playoff game...his 15th start...I thought it was a good decision.

Plummer also applauded the defense and said he thought Denver has a chance against everybody.

I guess you either liked Plummer or you didn't. Me? I was a big fan...and still am!

VonSackemMiller
01-14-2012, 12:41 AM
So, crossing routes? Nothing?

Anything on your Elway conspiracies? Maybe something about how the wide receiver aren't any good? Something...some signs of life here?

oh okay i get it your bored and need somebody to go back and forth with tonight. Too bad im not in the mood for owning anybody tonight. sorry:coffee:

bcbronc
01-14-2012, 01:09 AM
This is the first time I read Plummer's comments. I thought he was fair. He didn't beat up on Tebow...he said what is the truth. Tebow has to make those throws and he did.

The throw that he didn't make on the deep in route. That throw everyone is talking about. I saw it right away..because they showed the play from behind the line. There was a safety deep in the throwing lane...5yds deeper than where DT was going to be. But, if for some reason DT didn't get to the ball, it would have been an INT. I think Tebow decided, he just wasn't going to take the chance...and threw the ball in the turf. For a kid playing his first playoff game...his 15th start...I thought it was a good decision.

I get what you're saying and agree with your analysis, but don't agree it was a good decision. It was 3rd down in a tie game with iirc 1:51 left. If Champ didn't make that great play to knock a pass away and we lost on a last second field goal, that throw would be under the microscope, and rightly so imo.

We won, so it's all good. But as he matures, it's a throw he'll have to be able to make consistently. He's made strides in his accuracy, no doubt, but he still does have a ways to go before he can become the type of QB that has us perennially in contention.

I mean I think it's a pretty safe bet we won't be seeing too many more teams try the look that Pitt gave us, so Tebow is going to have to make throws in front of safeties.

VonSackemMiller
01-14-2012, 02:14 AM
the funny thing is they say kansas city set the blue print on how to beat tebow and it was the same defense the steelers played. Tebow bounced back and showed he could beat that defense. I think teams are going to have to figure out what stops tebow instead of tebow figuring out a defense. teams can leave there safeties 20 yards back if they want. the broncos will just pound the ball in the run game as we have done.

Joel
01-14-2012, 02:17 AM
I get what you're saying and agree with your analysis, but don't agree it was a good decision. It was 3rd down in a tie game with iirc 1:51 left. If Champ didn't make that great play to knock a pass away and we lost on a last second field goal, that throw would be under the microscope, and rightly so imo.

We won, so it's all good. But as he matures, it's a throw he'll have to be able to make consistently. He's made strides in his accuracy, no doubt, but he still does have a ways to go before he can become the type of QB that has us perennially in contention.

I mean I think it's a pretty safe bet we won't be seeing too many more teams try the look that Pitt gave us, so Tebow is going to have to make throws in front of safeties.
And under pressure, but if teams keep their safeties back because Tebow completed 4 passes for 40+ yards, that means Foxs beloved runs get far easier. I enjoyed the Pitt game on a lot of levels because I really prefer 1940s football: Pass rarely, for a TON each time; your completion percentage will be lower, but nearly ALL completions will get points, and the picks will just be punts, so if you don't habitually throw into traffic you'll be OK.

With that in mind, he probably should've thrown that 3rd down pass, though, like you, I understand why he didn't. It could be a pick--but so deep it equals the punt we made anyway (but Colquitt DOES affect that math. ;)) A completion probably ends the game; even if we call three runs and don't get a first down (and given our offense and their defence, that would've been likely) they have no time outs and about a minute to score a TD.

When he has more confidence in his receivers as well as himself he'll throw that ball; hopefully he'll be good enough to consistently get it on target and they'll be good enough to consistently get under it and make the catch.

Joel
01-14-2012, 02:34 AM
the funny thing is they say kansas city set the blue print on how to beat tebow and it was the same defense the steelers played. Tebow bounced back and showed he could beat that defense. I think teams are going to have to figure out what stops tebow instead of tebow figuring out a defense. teams can leave there safeties 20 yards back if they want. the broncos will just pound the ball in the run game as we have done.
They'll throw a lot of disguised/delayed blitzes at him, and a lot of show blitzes where they drop into packed zones at the snap; confuse the young QB. In a few hours, Belicheat will probably provide the blueprint for beating Tebow, sadly; we'll have to run heavily and successfully and PROTECT THE FREAKIN' BALL to win. Based on our turnover stats and theirs, I fear that and/or the kind of backfield penetration they got last time will kill us.

Chef Zambini
01-14-2012, 01:02 PM
The Pats wont make the same mistake the steelers did. They will ATTACk tim.
we have to run the ball, timmy included a nd keep our pass attempts to a minimum and brady helpless on the sidelines.

Chef Zambini
01-14-2012, 01:07 PM
I liked Griese because (believe it or not) I value accuracy most in a passer, and Griese was VERY accurate when he had solid protection, despite lacking a strong arm.

Therefore Jake Plummer is a no talent bum for replacing him, which makes Jay Cutler the greatest since Elway (or at least Griese) for replacing HIM. By the Law of Alternating QBs I... *counts it out* love Tim Tebow. :tongue:gresie had a very competent arm until that raiders MNF game wher that POS raider mangled his shoulder on the sideline after the play.
(was that romo or just my selective memeory that every ugly cheater thing was romo in a raider uniform/ )
anyway, grese came back in that game, showed real corage and resolve to help our broncos win.
His arm was never the same, he had emotional issues stemming from the loss of his mother.
GREISE , will always have my respect.
sorry about his career, but that seems of little importance now.