PDA

View Full Version : The official whining thread (rolleyes)

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 05:46 PM
I would think that people would expect changes with a new coach.
Albert Haynesworth does not play all 11 defensive possitions does he, we were weak at most

I have not seen so my crying by some that it not even funny.

Here is a http://www.danielbowen.com/images/2005/0704-tissues.jpg box of tissues for the whiners

there is so much "Hillis is so much better than those scrubs"

based on what? 4 games:rolleyes:

Dawkins is an "over the hill player"

I say that he is an upgrade over the dog poo that played safety last season

"Jabar Gaffney is a srub"

I say that McD knows him and trusts him. He is not Andre Johnson but he is not a bad 3rd down WR.

"Lonnie Paxton sucks"
I say that this is the only one that was unnecessary but he does have a good past with Mcd.

"Andre Davis played for the sucky Browns" I say if he is breathing, he is an upgrade over Boss Bailey, Natey and Jamie Winborn.

okay let the whining and :target: :flame: Begin

BeefStew25
02-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Amen Med. You and me should get a bottle of 151 and a hotel room and ignore all these crybabies.

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Amen Med. You and me should get a bottle of 151 and a hotel room and ignore all these crybabies.

You mean we were not going to get

Haynesworth, trade for Cassell, Bart Scott, overpay for Foxworth:laugh:
and DeAngelo Hall.

We would be in Cap hell like the Redskins are and the Jets will most likely be.

Rex
02-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Good idea Med.

Lex, the floor is yours.

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Good idea Med.

Lex, the floor is yours.

:lol:

I wish I could give a Hi-5 worth a million for that one.

wait Hillis is the second coming of Jim Brown and Emmit Smith :lol:

BeefStew25
02-27-2009, 05:59 PM
You mean we were not going to get

Haynesworth, trade for Cassell, Bart Scott, overpay for Foxworth:laugh:
and DeAngelo Hall.

We would be in Cap hell like the Redskins are and the Jets will most likely be.

Okay, but what about the booze and hotel room?

dogfish
02-27-2009, 06:00 PM
sorry buddy, if wanting the team to add some actual talent is whining, i guess you'll have to consider me a whiner. . . . a lot of people were happy with our FA signings last year-- until they saw them on the field. . . . :lol:

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Im happy with every FA signing aside from Buckhalter.... but his depth doesnt hurt and that most likely means Bell or Young is on the outs so Im not disappointed... I really like the Dawkins/Hill signings.... Hill isnt the greatest safety but a HUGE improvement over Manuel (who I believe was the worst safety that ive ever seen start in this league)

2 safetys with very good ball skills that are sure tacklers. I think Champ improves big time because of these signings.

bcbronc
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
so Med, other than Dawkins, you honestly think we've improved our team so far today?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Bart Scott signed 6 yrs for 48 mil...8 mil per year is WAAAAY too much.

BeefStew25
02-27-2009, 06:03 PM
so Med, other than Dawkins, you honestly think we've improved our team so far today?

I think you are a goldfish that thinks 5 minutes ahead of right now.

Medford Bronco
sorry buddy, if wanting the team to add some actual talent is whining, i guess you'll have to consider me a whiner. . . . a lot of people were happy with our FA signings last year-- until they saw them on the field. . . . :lol:

you are not a whiner, you at least dont use one word sentences like

Buckholder and Arrington are scubs and Hillis is better.
Based on what 100 carries.

Buckholder has more talent than Hillis ever will. Arrington is for kickoffs.

we need to draft well. I have low expections in 09 anyways and would be happy with 8-8. Its year 2 that we need to get better by.

and the new attitude will be on defense I guaranty it.

that will just be what the doctor ordered.

I am not worried about the offense. If McD can get Cassel to do wel then one would think that Cutler should succeed

only time will tell

honz

No it isn't. $48 mil to Scott, $50 mil to Canty, $30 mil to McFadden and we are set!

bcbronc
02-27-2009, 06:04 PM
I think you are a goldfish that thinks 5 minutes ahead of right now.

irrelevant.

Medford Bronco
Okay, but what about the booze and hotel room?

I would like some http://site-images.ws/cust/78908/crown-royal-purple.jpg :salute:

Rex
I think too many people view the real world NFL like they do their own Madden seasons.

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 06:05 PM
you are not a whiner, you at least dont use one word sentences like

Buckholder and Arrington are scubs and Hillis is better.
Based on what 100 carries.

Buckholder has more talent than Hillis ever will. Arrington is for kickoffs.

we need to draft well. I have low expections in 09 anyways and would be happy with 8-8. Its year 2 that we need to get better by.

and the new attitude will be on defense I guaranty it.

that will just be what the doctor ordered.

LMFAO @ BUCK"HOLDER" has more talent than Hillis ever will.... Im still laughing

I am not worried about the offense. If McD can get Cassel to do wel then one would think that Cutler should succeed

only time will tell

Buckhalter has more talent than Hillis ever will??

WTF?

can you tell me what Buckhalter does better then Hillis currently?

along with that can you name 1 weakness Hillis has as a RB?

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 06:05 PM

and he is not the same without Ray Lewis and T Suggs either

bcbronc
02-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I would like some http://site-images.ws/cust/78908/crown-royal-purple.jpg :salute:

Canadian rye! well done med! :salute:

:canada:

BeefStew25
I think too many people view the real world NFL like they do their own Madden seasons.

And long term success is not build on overrated free agents, but quality depth across the board.

Soo...Med, Quality Suites?

Rex

WTF?

along with that can you name 1 weakness Hillis has?

You have got to be kidding me.

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 06:07 PM

WTF?

along with that can you name 1 weakness Hillis has?

Hills in his whole 4 games had 2 good ones and 2 okay ones.

His blocking is average. His speed is decent but not as good and Buckholder.

but whatever people here want to enshrine him:coffee:

Rex
02-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Canadian rye! well done med! :salute:

:canada:

19 bucks per liter at the Duty Free. My buddy buys it like it is golden eggs when we come up in the summer.

bcbronc
02-27-2009, 06:09 PM
19 bucks per liter at the Duty Free. My buddy buys it like it is golden eggs when we come up in the summer.

it's like liquid heaven. but it seems pretty much every night that's ended in the drunk tank started with Crown. :confused:

SmilinAssasSin27
No it isn't. $48 mil to Scott, $50 mil to Canty, $30 mil to McFadden and we are set!

We have a lot of holes and only 37 mil in cap room. subtract the draftees and weigman as well as redoing BMarsh...leaves us w/ about 25-29 mil.

Giving Bart 8 of that is insanity.

Medford Bronco
And long term success is not build on overrated free agents, but quality depth across the board.

Soo...Med, Quality Suites?

Quality.

We can discuss how Hillis will be enshrined in the HOF and will be the next John Riggins at that time

we can also discuss how buckholder sucks like most think

He was behind Westbrook and did not play a lot because of that this season.

He is not expected to be the full time starter anyways and I am sure the HOFer Hillis will get his carries as well

maybe we will even draft a RB, a novel idea.

Lonestar
02-27-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm just laughing at all those folks that thought we were going to be in play for hanesworth, dansby, Scott, Taylor, T.J Huse, Rodgers, Harrison, Yada Yada yada Yada..

No one wanted to listen when Pat said last year he wanted to build via the draft, and that we would stay out of FA market..

When Xanders said after cutting Robertson that no one player would dominate the salary cap..

And one of them said we would be bringing in players on the second wave of signings that many other teams did not want.. Read second tier non BIGGIE names.

Time to listen to what the man/men in charge say and not listen to every desire we want as fans..

Dortoh
02-27-2009, 06:12 PM
We could be the chefs and have players like Gonzo, Waters and LJ all wanting out.

I'm going to be patient and give the new staff atleast another 15 or 20 minutes before I start calling for their heads.

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Hills in his whole 4 games had 2 good ones and 2 okay ones.

His blocking is average. His speed is decent but not as good and Buckholder.

but whatever people here want to enshrine him:coffee:

his blocking is "average" his speed is "decent" I asked for 1 weakness... are you still thinking??

you realize Buckhalter has had around 4 good games in his entire career too right?

but if All you have to hate on hillis is because hes only played in limited time than you are reaching.... Hillis is much better then Buck"HOLDER"

and 10x more versatile of a RB

honz
02-27-2009, 06:14 PM
We have a lot of holes and only 37 mil in cap room. subtract the draftees and weigman as well as redoing BMarsh...leaves us w/ about 25-29 mil.

Giving Bart 8 of that is insanity.

I was being sarcastic...that's way too much for Scott.

Dortoh
02-27-2009, 06:14 PM
If I were going to whine it would be about the 2nd highest paid LS in football.

Rex
02-27-2009, 06:15 PM
it's like liquid heaven. but it seems pretty much every night that's ended in the drunk tank started with Crown. :confused:

The last time I hit the Crown hard, I broke a 750ml bottle that was half full and fell down the front steps.

However, I personally witnessed Big Daddy Bronco drink what had to be a gallon of it in Denver in OCT and he was still walking.

:impressive:

EMB6903
I'm just laughing at all those folks that thought we were going to be in play for hanesworth, dansby, Scott, Taylor, T.J Huse, Rodgers, Harrison, Yada Yada yada Yada..

No one wanted to listen when Pat said last year he wanted to build via the draft, and that we would stay out of FA market..

When Xanders said after cutting Robertson that no one player would dominate the salary cap..

And one of them said we would be bringing in players on the second wave of signings that many other teams did not want.. Read second tier non BIGGIE names.

Time to listen to what the man/men in charge say and not listen to every desire we want as fans..

why do people think getting 2nd tier starters is "building through the draft"

what I wanted to do was sign 1 high priced FA that would make an impact for the next 5-6 years, then to build around him... not to get multiple defensive starters through FA.... In my opinion that isnt building through the draft.

Medford Bronco

and BTW the Pats won a Super Bowl in 2001 with such houshold names on FA as

Otis Smith
David Patten
Antoine Smith
Mike Vrabel before he was as good as now (as a backup in PItt)
Jermaine Wiggins
Roman Phifer (after and injury I think)
and Anthony Pleasant

just food for thought to all the Maddonites that think the Big name and $$ equates winning no matter what.

bcbronc
02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
The last time I hit the Crown hard, I broke a 750ml bottle that was half full and fell down the front steps.

However, I personally witnessed Big Daddy Bronco drink what had to be a gallon of it in Denver in OCT and he was still walking.

now that's a real man. that stuff puts me on my ass. usually a cop helps it out. :tsk:

Rex
02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
We could be the chefs and have players like Gonzo, Waters and LJ all wanting out.

I'm going to be patient and give the new staff atleast another 15 or 20 minutes before I start calling for their heads.

30 min tops. Then Lex is going to go postal on this "rudderless ship" and he is going to put Hillis in charge as team CEO President GM Coach and Tailback.

Rex
02-27-2009, 06:17 PM
now that's a real man. that stuff puts me on my ass. usually a cop helps it out. :tsk:

Me too.

1 is good. 2 is great. 3 is pushing it. 4 is bad. 5 is lights out and pissing on the wall in the bathroom

underrated29
02-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey as long as we can get 1 serious starter, not even a big name, just someone that will come in and be able to produce positively for us, and not just keep us treading water i will be happy.

Sean rogers, canty,ray lewis,gandy, grady jax, sean jones, mcfadden---any of them should come in and still keep us well under the cap and help out a lot.

Slick
02-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Expectations are still high in Broncoland, that is a good thing. However crying about signings after day one is a bit much, I agree Med.

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 06:19 PM
You have got to be kidding me.

again, BACK IT UP... EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING what does Buckhalter do better then Hillis?

Buckhalter has 3 100+ yard games in his entire career, Hillis already has 1 in what 2 starts?? and 100+ yards receiving in a game?

Cswill, Medford... instead of the "you have got to be kidding me" comments explain 1 thing Buckhalter does better then hillis.

Blocking= Hillis

Running in between the tackles= Hillis

Recieving out of the back field= Hillis

Versatility= Hillis

Buckhalter might be more of a break away threat... thats about it though, but as of now nobody on the Denver Broncos roster is a better overall RB than Hillis

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 06:22 PM
again, BACK IT UP... EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING what does Buckhalter do better then Hillis?

Buckhalter has 3 100+ yard games in his entire career, Hillis already has 1 in what 2 starts?? and 100+ yards receiving in a game?

Cswill, Medford... instead of the "you have got to be kidding me" comments explain 1 thing Buckhalter does better then hillis.

Blocking= Hillis

Running in between the tackles= Hillis

Recieving out of the back field= Hillis

Versatility= Hillis

Buckhalter might be more of a break away threat... thats about it though, but as of now nobody on the Denver Broncos roster is a better overall RB than Hillis

you mean he is better based on his whole 4 games played, please

Buckholder was behind Westbrook and if Hills was in Phillly he would have had limited carries as well

and you are basing receiving better on what?
buckholder had decent receiving numbers for someone on the bench most of the time.

GEM
02-27-2009, 06:22 PM
If I were going to whine it would be about the 2nd highest paid LS in football.

Especially when we had one of the best already on the roster. :yardog:

bcbronc
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
nobody can break a leg like Buckhalter.

just sayin'.

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
nobody can break a leg like Buckhalter.

just sayin'.

and Hillis is going to Canton according to some

bcbronc
02-27-2009, 06:24 PM

I think you are exaggerating slightly, med.

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 06:24 PM
you mean he is better based on his whole 4 games played, please

Buckholder was behind Westbrook and if Hills was in Phillly he would have had limited carries as well

and you are basing receiving better on what?
buckholder had decent receiving numbers for someone on the bench most of the time.

Im not asking you to count the games both of them have played... by that logic you will take Buck"holder" over Felix Jones, and Darren Mcfadden....

but Im going to ask you one more time... can you tell me what Buck"holder" does better then Hillis?

Im waiting..

and donavon Mcnabb is the king of checking down to the RB's IMO those receptions are a little mis leading

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I think you are exaggerating slightly, med.

maybe a bit but the crying today has been ridiculous.

we are not going 14-2 next year anyways. Lets see how it pans out.

Just my take, people can bash all they want

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Im not asking you to count the games both of them have played... by that logic you will take Buck"holder" over Felix Jones, and Darren Mcfadden....

but Im going to ask you one more time... can you tell me what Buck"holder" does better then Hillis?

Im waiting..

Yes I spelled his name wrong, who cares its the internet

He has better speed.

and you can let the HOFer Hillis beat him out then. Personally I think they both wont start and maybe someone in the draft will, who knows.

I just think some overrate our current talent and think every 2nd tier FA was is a scrub, which is not the case. They are not pro bowlers but most are upgrades over the crap on the current roster. expecially the safties signed.

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 06:29 PM

why do people always reach like this???

if you think a player is the best RB on a team filled with mediocre running backs somebody has to over blow it up and put words in others mouths to try to defend their argument

Simple Jaded
02-27-2009, 06:29 PM
I like the Arrington and Dawkins signings, Arrington belongs in the ZBS and he will return kicks, Dawkins provides leadership and will get people lined up on defense.

But other than that if being thoroughly unimpressed with how this team is trying to improve means that I am a whiner, than I am a whiner.

I know this team needs depth, but aren't backups supposed to be less of a priority? And considering that these players are who they apparently view as "Priority" free agents, I hope they know that this defense needs 9 new starters and they get to gettin pretty soon.

This team is only marginally better than it was this time yesterday, call me a whiner, I couldn't possibly care any less.......

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 06:30 PM
why do people always reach like this???

if you think a player is the best RB on a team filled with mediocre running backs somebody has to over blow it up and put words in others mouths to try to defend their argument

You are not the only one that has overrated Hillis, Yes its called sarcasm and not a reach

If Hillis is the guy and has a great year I will admit I was wrong and take all the heat. and that would mean we have a good year as well, so its a win win situation :beer:

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Yes I spelled his name wrong, who cares its the internet

He has better speed.

and you can let the HOFer Hillis beat him out then. Personally I think they both wont start and maybe someone in the draft will, who knows.

I just think some overrate our current talent and think every 2nd tier FA was is a scrub, which is not the case. They are not pro bowlers but most are upgrades over the crap on the current roster. expecially the safties signed.

I think some get a little too hyped with FA signings EVERY SINGLE YEAR and try to make them better then they really are... I bet you were hyped about Colbert, Robertson, and Mccree... you are one of those guys right?

"HOW DARE YOU BE NEGATIVE TOWARDS OUR FA PICK UPS IN FEBRUARY!"

bcbronc
02-27-2009, 06:32 PM
maybe a bit but the crying today has been ridiculous.

we are not going 14-2 next year anyways. Lets see how it pans out.

Just my take, people can bash all they want

I don't know if it's crying, but I know I personally expected at least one or two "impact" players on the defensive side of the ball. not $100m impact players but someone we could point to and say without doubt "we improved that position".

so far that hasn't happened. it still could of course, but it hasn't yet.

all we've done so far is shuffle our backups and add an aging warrior. I love the Dawkins signing, but I'll be surprised (and a bit disappointed) if any one else we've signed today is a starter come week one.

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 06:32 PM
You are not the only one that has overrated Hillis, Yes its called sarcasm and not a reach

If Hillis is the guy and has a great year I will admit I was wrong and take all the heat. and that would mean we have a good year as well, so its a win win situation :beer:

over-rate hillis? I dont think anybody has over-rated Hillis today... I think hes the best Running back on the Denver Broncos.. whos better and why?

give me an argument my man

"hes faster" doesnt really help your case Hillis runs a 4.5 at 250 pounds, thats VERY impressive

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 06:33 PM
I think some get a little too hyped with FA signings EVERY SINGLE YEAR and try to make them better then they really are... I bet you were hyped about Colbert, Robertson, and Mccree... you are one of those guys right?

"HOW DARE YOU BE NEGATIVE TOWARDS OUR FA PICK UPS IN FEBRUARY!"

I never though Colbert was any good and McCree sucked.

I did like Robertson and was DEAD Wrong so no big deal

I just think some overreact too easily so I am playing devils advocate and by the time the season comes I wont even remember this thread

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 06:33 PM
over-rate hillis? I dont think anybody has over-rated Hillis today... I think hes the best Running back on the Denver Broncos.. whos better and why?

give me an argument my man

"hes faster" doesnt really help your case Hillis runs a 4.5 at 250 pounds, thats VERY impressive

you made your point. lets agree to disagree

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM
you made your point. lets agree to disagree

Agreed, we shall wait and see how it plays out

TXBRONC
and BTW the Pats won a Super Bowl in 2001 with such houshold names on FA as

Otis Smith
David Patten
Antoine Smith
Mike Vrabel before he was as good as now (as a backup in PItt)
Jermaine Wiggins
Roman Phifer (after and injury I think)
and Anthony Pleasant

just food for thought to all the Maddonites that think the Big name and $$ equates winning no matter what.

I have to admit that is one of the first thoughts that came to my mind. The Patriots one their first Super Bowl with a lot second tier players. I'm not saying we're going to win the Super Bowl this year but maybe these guys come together and have descent season.

Lonestar
why do people think getting 2nd tier starters is "building through the draft"

what I wanted to do was sign 1 high priced FA that would make an impact for the next 5-6 years, then to build around him... not to get multiple defensive starters through FA.... In my opinion that isnt building through the draft.

Are short term solution in getting a competent defense on the field and teach the youngin how to watch film ask question and learn from their coaches

Yes it would be nice to have a hanesworth clogging up the middle but at what cost almost the entire cap value? or even half of it..

Xander, Pat and Mc Kid were very clear in their vision for what they want to do with PATS money.. build via the draft and bring in some players to help them be respectable and for the kiddies to learn from in the meantime till they do it themselves, 2-3 years from now..

I'll bet we bring in a couple more stop gap DL types and draft the hell out of defense in April..

WARHORSE
02-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Im whining cause Kansas just traded for Vrabel.

Vrabel would have looked good here in Broncoland.

Looks like KC is going three four too.

Lets see who can do it better.:coffee:

Simple Jaded
02-27-2009, 06:41 PM
You guys might want to stop comparing what Doogie is doing so far to the Patriots, Doogie is no Bill Belicheat.......

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Are short term solution in getting a competent defense on the field and teach the youngin how to watch film ask question and learn from their coaches

Yes it would be nice to have a hanesworth clogging up the middle but at what cost almost the entire cap value? or even half of it..

Xander, Pat and Mc Kid were very clear in their vision for what they want to do with PATS money.. build via the draft and bring in some players to help them be respectable and for the kiddies to learn from in the meantime till they do it themselves, 2-3 years from now..

I'll bet we bring in a couple more stop gap DL types and draft the hell out of defense in April..

I didnt think Haynesworth would be a realistic possibility... more of a dream but I did think we would pursue Canty, Im a little disappointed that he isnt even visiting Denver.

hoping on Denver to sign Ronald Fields though

Medford Bronco
02-27-2009, 06:42 PM
You guys might want to stop comparing what Doogie is doing so far to the Patriots, Doogie is no Bill Belicheat.......

We dont know that as of yet. He has not coached a game yet. I will give him a chance to coach some games before my judgement on him is.

Slick
02-27-2009, 06:43 PM
It hasn't even been 24 hours. This is hilarious.

TXBRONC
02-27-2009, 06:44 PM
I didnt think Haynesworth would be a realistic possibility... more of a dream but I did think we would pursue Canty, Im a little disappointed that he isnt even visiting Denver.

hoping on Denver to sign Ronald Fields though

Fields might be good signing as back up nose tackle.

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Im whining cause Kansas just traded for Vrabel.

Vrabel would have looked good here in Broncoland.

Looks like KC is going three four too.

Lets see who can do it better.:coffee:

is Cunningham still running the defense in KC?

and did they find out what round this pick was?

omac
The Broncos did similar things last season, but unfortunately, Slowik proved that he is terrible as a defensive coordinator, with as bad or an even worse product than Bates'.

With Nolan here, I expect the defense to at least be fundamentally sound.

EMB6903
Fields might be good signing as back up nose tackle.

ya, would be nice to have some Legit depth in the front 7 for once.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-27-2009, 06:48 PM
i wonder what all this means for draft day?

ALL front 7???

Rex
02-27-2009, 06:51 PM
is Cunningham still running the defense in KC?

and did they find out what round this pick was?

Gunther went to Detroit.

frauschieze
02-27-2009, 06:51 PM

It's been 30 minutes. I was patient. It's time.

GET 'EM OUTTA HERE! BRING BACK SHANAHAN!

:laugh:

BDB had help. A lot of it. ;)

Lonestar
02-27-2009, 06:57 PM
The Broncos did similar things last season, but unfortunately, Slowik proved that he is terrible as a defensive coordinator, with as bad or an even worse product than Bates'.

Even with scrubs.. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe even with last years scrubs..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Slick
02-27-2009, 07:01 PM

Good point. Picking up Nolan may turn out to be the best signing of all.

dogfish
02-27-2009, 07:02 PM

what, you trying to say andy reid doesn't know how to use his running backs?

:rofl:

FTR, i understand what you're saying, but i don't think you're giving hillis much credit. . . just because he's only had limited playing time isn't a reason to not really like what we saw from him-- dude is a load, he punches it up the gut decisively and with a surprising burst for a man that size, and then lowers his head and grinds out yards. . . i personally think he can do a LOT of good things as a versatile back that can line up at fullback, tailback and in single back sets, carry the ball 100-150 times and catch 50 passes. . . he has great intangibles and the skillset to be a weapon if used properly, and he's already shown that he can be an effective red zone threat. . . the guy is an asset to our team, tell me at the end of the year if i'm wrong. . .

I never though Colbert was any good and McCree sucked.

I did like Robertson and was DEAD Wrong so no big deal

I just think some overreact too easily so I am playing devils advocate and by the time the season comes I wont even remember this thread

don't worry buddy, i'll bump it and remind you. . . . :lol:

i wonder what all this means for draft day?

ALL front 7???

whole lotta LBs, IMO. . . the one thing that i didn't like about what nolan did in san fran was that IMO he didn't focus on the D-line enough. . . while he was there they spent two 1sts on LBs and gave nate clements an 80 mil contract, but they tried to get by with warm bodies on the line for the most part. . . OTOH, doogie is from a system that invested heavily in the DL, so hopefully he'll insist on that here as well. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
02-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Regadless, I don't see us drafting much/any secondary help.

Simple Jaded
02-27-2009, 07:07 PM
We dont know that as of yet. He has not coached a game yet. I will give him a chance to coach some games before my judgement on him is.

I'm not judging Doogie, I'm saying that if people are hoping for a repeat of history than people are begging pretty hard.......

frauschieze
02-27-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm on with the official doom and gloom brigade. Count me down for a 2-14 season.

GEM
02-27-2009, 07:16 PM

I told you this earlier Med, no one thinks Hillis is going to Canton. Nobody even brings him up in the same sentence as Jim Brown, Walter Payton, TD. You're exaggerating.

People have called him what he was....the best RB on the Broncos team last year.

That doesn't mean that if we drafted or picked up a good RB, people wouldn't be happy...we just want an upgrade and some don't feel that we've done that so far. Another part people are upset about is that RB isn't the core of what we need improvement on. But you know that already.

Lonestar
02-27-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm on with the official doom and gloom brigade. Count me down for a 2-14 season.

that was probably gonna happen anyway with the schedule we are playing next year..8 games against playoff teams

SmilinAssasSin27
02-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Philly may take a step back, but I expect Wash to be that much tougher. NYG will be better. Pitt will only lose McFadden and Nate Washington, but have Gay and the rookie from Texas to replace em. BMore will miss Scott, but I'm betting Lewis stays. It'll be a bitch of a year, but the players should learn and get tougher from it.

BigDaddyBronco
02-27-2009, 07:49 PM
I think I love you Med. Now how about that drink with Beif.

BeefStew25
02-27-2009, 07:51 PM
I think I love you Med. Now how about that drink with Beif.

And the hotel room please.

EMB6903
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
I agree this will be a very tough year, I hope Broncos fans arent expecting a quick turn around and recognize the situation before wanting Mcdaniels out within 8 games, as S.A. said the young players should gain a lot of experience this year on both sides of the ball.

Ryan Clady is gonna have his hands full next year... Ware, Merriman (twice), Harrison, Suggs, Taylor, Cole, Vrabel(twice), freeney, tyrus Thomas and Osi..
thats 12 games vs AMAZING pass rushers, in 16 games, very anxious to see how that plays out

SmilinAssasSin27
02-27-2009, 07:54 PM
School of hard knocks. I know that SOS alone is no guarantee of a rough year, but we are gonna face some hard nosed, consistently strong teams.

Lonestar
02-27-2009, 07:57 PM
I agree this will be a very tough year, I hope Broncos fans arent expecting a quick turn around and recognize the situation before wanting Mcdaniels out within 8 games, as S.A. said the young players should gain a lot of experience this year on both sides of the ball.

I think most fans realize how bad the team was last year and any progress from being the worst Defense in the league..

And after they look at the potential from next years schedule a 8-8 record could be a miracle..

Most fans realistically will get it..

Some of the kiddies will not and those that learned football on Madden certainly will not get it..

SmilinAssasSin27
02-27-2009, 07:58 PM
I get it cuz I learnd from Tecmo.

roomemp
02-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Not sure why people are upset with us in free agency so far.....We are taking low risk high reward players. We knew this is how it was going to go. I personally love the moves so far Dawkins is a beast.......People that say we have been without and emotional leader should be thrilled. Hill is a nice pick up for what he is......Davis is a quality LB. arrington is good in space.......Gaffney is a solid pickup......Not sure what the long snapper was all about.....I am very pleased so far.

DenBronx
02-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Not sure why people are upset with us in free agency so far.....We are taking low risk high reward players. We knew this is how it was going to go. I personally love the moves so far Dawkins is a beast.......People that say we have been without and emotional leader should be thrilled. Hill is a nice pick up for what he is......Davis is a quality LB. arrington is good in space.......Gaffney is a solid pickup......Not sure what the long snapper was all about.....I am very pleased so far.

ayyyyeeee....free agency sucks.

Lonestar
02-28-2009, 12:29 AM
looks like it is past the bed time for all of the whiners, NO need to mod this till in the AM see Y'all tomorrow.. :laugh:

atwater27
02-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Here is my problem with today's signings....

1. Buckhalter and Arrington. We already have 6 backs and no clear starter. We just added 2 more guys not likely to start. whoopdie do, what did that accomplish? Nothing but some cuts later.

2. Dawkins. Would have been amazing 5 seasons ago. Will give us maybe one ok season. Stopgap.

3. Gaffney. Decent signing. Will be productive at #2 and #3 receiver this season.

4. Hill. Average safety. I guess that means an upgrade for this defense.

5. Davis. Average linebacker. see above.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-28-2009, 12:53 AM
everyone said during the season: If we could just have an average defense...

DenBronx
02-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Here is my problem with today's signings....

1. Buckhalter and Arrington. We already have 6 backs and no clear starter. We just added 2 more guys not likely to start. whoopdie do, what did that accomplish? Nothing but some cuts later.

2. Dawkins. Would have been amazing 5 seasons ago. Will give us maybe one ok season. Stopgap.

3. Gaffney. Decent signing. Will be productive at #2 and #3 receiver this season.

4. Hill. Average safety. I guess that means an upgrade for this defense.

5. Davis. Average linebacker. see above.

it somehow feels as if shanny never left.

mkid is going to have his version of the browncos...its called the patcos. im still waiting for seau to join.

Lonestar
02-28-2009, 02:16 AM
everyone said during the season: If we could just have an average defense...

last year that may have made a difference with who we played..

this year Everything is new.. Players scheme coaching everything..

it is going to take some time getting to know each other and build trust..

On offense we are going to see alot of wrong routes or folks bumping into each other because the plays will not be automatic..

Lonestar
02-28-2009, 02:17 AM
it somehow feels as if shanny never left.

mkid is going to have his version of the browncos...its called the patcos. im still waiting for seau to join.

lets see Patcos vs broncos or browncos winning team loser teams huge difference..

Shazam!
02-28-2009, 02:20 AM
The new men on the sidelines, McCoach and Nolan, with fresh voices and different perspectives is the most important thing the Broncos needed. As for the schedule is considered murder's row, I don't buy that. FA, injuries, and other factors effect many things. The Broncos will be improved next season, I firmly believe that.

Lonestar
02-28-2009, 02:26 AM
The new men on the sidelines, McCoach and Nolan, with fresh voices and different perspectives is the most important thing the Broncos needed. As for the schedule is considered murder's row, I don't buy that. FA, injuries, and other factors effect many things. The Broncos will be improved next season, I firmly believe that.

yes they will be but not enough to see the playoffs wait till all the rookies get time under there belt in 2010 -2013 should be pretty good..

I'm guessing that OAK and KC will have some improvement also.. By then Al davis has to have moved on..

Shazam!
02-28-2009, 02:41 AM
...and SD's yearly dominance of the AFCW will be in history books. It all happens in cycles. Denver is far ahead of Oak or KC. They're due.

Lonestar
02-28-2009, 02:51 AM
...and SD's yearly dominance of the AFCW will be in history books. It all happens in cycles. Denver is far ahead of Oak or KC. They're due.

think they have one maybe two years left of beating up on us.. at least in SAN.. We might get a close one at home.. BUT KC will start to win those in KC because of weather and fans.. OAK well who the hell knows what that group can/will do..

broncosinindy
02-28-2009, 03:50 AM
I am not much whineing as i am a little bit floored that we are so aggressive on the offensive side of the ball. i do not get it. We cut damn near every guy that played last year on Defense. had the number two offense. and what do we do. Sign Two running backs. who i addmit one will probably return kicks. and the other will be thrown in as a possible starter. I do not get the WR signings Their contract's are pretty light what the #### is shanny sitll GM of this team?

Dawkins - is hardly anything but concrete to his signing. I like his veteran leadership. i think he will make for a upgrade for a year or two until we can get a guy that can play in the draft or get something out of Barrett.

Hill is a decent signing. i was reading after he got the go ahead in miami they were averageing 11.something yards a catch and 25.5 points per game and after he got the start it was 5yards a catch and 11 something points a game. and alot of people attrbuted this to him. His contract makes him expendable if he doesnt cut it.

Andre Davis(sp?) He is on the wrong side of 30 and his play is nothing what it was. I really think Larsen could have been good at SILB this next year. and would have used the money else where. such as a CB.

Darrell Ried. was just arrested for "man i am a professional football player i am above the law) pitiful i dont care how cheap he was. He was not any better then Kenny Peterson or EE. This signing pisses me off.

Lonnie Paxton 2nd highest contract for a guy that just snaps. Bullshit. Mike Leach was a great long snapper and did not need replaced.

Giving up a 7th rounder for anderson. WTF are they thinking. how many players does MCD plan on trotting out at WO. TEN?.

Im sorry but this is not getting a vote of confidence from me.

omac
02-28-2009, 05:40 AM
Some of these signings may be more strategic for Doogie's power base as a coach, than necessarily for the team. He might have felt there could be some resistance to his regime, since a lot of players had deep respect for Shanahan, so the smart thing to do was to break up the unit and bring more of the people he knows from the Pats in.

Like others have mentioned, some of the signings have been underwhelming; who's to even say if some of them are even worse than some of the players we cut?

Really, WR was never a pressing need with our offense, yet Doogie insists on bringing in Gaffney. Will he do well? I think he definitely can. But what he immediately gives Doogie is an ally he's been with for some time.

Getting rid of a lot of our defenders was really no big loss, but it doesn't look like the FAs were that great an upgrade. What that does, though, is destroy most of the ties to the former regime.

All in all, Doogie wants to ensure that this is first and foremost his team, and is removing any possible obstacles to that. Theoretically, a pretty good move. Machiavellian? Maybe, maybe not, or maybe very Bellichick-like. :D

Traveler
02-28-2009, 06:35 AM
My early comment is that all the signings yesterday were to bolster our ST( exception being Buckhalter). Can't argue with that.

broncosinindy
02-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Some of these signings may be more strategic for Doogie's power base as a coach, than necessarily for the team. He might have felt there could be some resistance to his regime, since a lot of players had deep respect for Shanahan, so the smart thing to do was to break up the unit and bring more of the people he knows from the Pats in.

Like others have mentioned, some of the signings have been underwhelming; who's to even say if some of them are even worse than some of the players we cut?

Really, WR was never a pressing need with our offense, yet Doogie insists on bringing in Gaffney. Will he do well? I think he definitely can. But what he immediately gives Doogie is an ally he's been with for some time.

Getting rid of a lot of our defenders was really no big loss, but it doesn't look like the FAs were that great an upgrade. What that does, though, is destroy most of the ties to the former regime.

All in all, Doogie wants to ensure that this is first and foremost his team, and is removing any possible obstacles to that. Theoretically, a pretty good move. Machiavellian? Maybe, maybe not, or maybe very Bellichick-like. :D
I think anyone that resisted the change of coaches, realized with the cuts that have taken place whose team it was and if they didnt get with the program they would get their walking papers.

I aggree i dont think they were that much of a need. but i guess were gonna find out whats up soon.

It's been a extremely weird offseason and it's not even over yet.

omac
02-28-2009, 09:36 AM
I think anyone that resisted the change of coaches, realized with the cuts that have taken place whose team it was and if they didnt get with the program they would get their walking papers.

I aggree i dont think they were that much of a need. but i guess were gonna find out whats up soon.

It's been a extremely weird offseason and it's not even over yet.

Yeah, it better not be over yet. :D It seems like a lot of players we got so far are mostly "depth" players. I'm hoping that in the defense side of FA signings, we get players who'd make at least as much of an impact as Stokley, Graham, Pittman, and Wiegmann have for us in the offense.

@Traveler, if some of the signings were to booster our ST, wouldn't it have been prudent to keep Aldridge, who did a lot of kick returns in college; he also catches the ball real well, and could be a match-up nightmare as a change of pace back. He'd also be another capable target for McDaniel's pass first offense.

I just have a feeling Aldridge will be productive in the NFL.

nevcraw
02-28-2009, 11:02 AM

a less paranoid/big brother way of looking at it is that bringing gaffney & paxton was to help teach the new system. You don't want to start a new system without anyone on the team having experience it it.
Their was little depth at WR and Djack is gone so they need a 3/4 WR type. Lonnie has been a ST fixture on NE and a backup guard. these guys will be solid depth but very instrumental in teaching their new mates..

Northman
02-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Wow,

You know initially i thought this thread wasnt warranted. But as things start to develop here with FA im already seeing fans jumping from the bandwagon. How embarrassing. Whatever happened to letting a Coach or player make moves or even play a down before you throw them under the bus? My god, there are some serious drama queens on here and the guy hasnt coached a game yet. I admit, i wasnt that crazy about letting Shanahan go this soon but at least im willing to give the new guy a chance to prove himself before calling him a Shanny clone or bust. I mean seriously, the paranoia on this board is just ridiculous. If its this bad already with FA i cant wait to see the meltdowns during the draft. lmao

Rex
02-28-2009, 01:12 PM
:shocked:
Wow,

You know initially i thought this thread wasnt warranted. But as things start to develop here with FA im already seeing fans jumping from the bandwagon. How embarrassing. Whatever happened to letting a Coach or player make moves or even play a down before you throw them under the bus? My god, there are some serious drama queens on here and the guy hasnt coached a game yet. I admit, i wasnt that crazy about letting Shanahan go this soon but at least im willing to give the new guy a chance to prove himself before calling him a Shanny clone or bust. I mean seriously, the paranoia on this board is just ridiculous. If its this bad already with FA i cant wait to see the meltdowns during the draft. lmao

It is so amazing that guys here are stuck at home playing madden and posting on message boards and not in the NFL.

BeefStew25
02-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Remember Clady and Royal?

I suspect a couple members never posted again because they killed themselves.

Northman
02-28-2009, 01:19 PM

Rex
02-28-2009, 01:23 PM

I remember that passing on Stewart and drafting Clady was another Ted Gregory or Mo Clarett.

Royal was a reach to take a 2nd round punt and kick returner.

:TonyHunt:

Lonestar
02-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow,

We are beefing up the mod staff for that day Tned has already ordered the riot gear.. flash bangs and lots of TEAR Gas.. Not that we will need it as most of the tears will be self induced..:laugh:

But he is already talking to a sauced hotline for bronco fans getting a special discount..:listen:

We are getting ready for APR ..:salute:

frauschieze
02-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Wow,

It's an outlet. And frankly, it's kinda fun to piss and moan for once. I'm still a Broncos fan and will be until the day I die. But that doesn't mean I have to like what's happening with the team right now. I'm more apprehensive about what the next season will bring than I ever have been, even after Elway retired. The moves that have been made have been head scratchers for the most part, and frankly, I'm not over the Goodmans' dismissal yet. Granted, there is nothing I can do about it, but that doesn't mean I have to do cartwheels and scream 19-0.

So I figure this thread lets the nay-sayers have a chance to vent and bitch and people who are more optimistic can opt to skip the nonsense. But I'm gonna bitch away and remain skeptical and think the worst.....because I can.

And I'll still support every player who dons the orange and blue. Even......*gasp*........Lonie Paxton.

tubby
02-28-2009, 03:23 PM
It would have been funny as hell to see Cutler get traded to Detroit.

turftoad
02-28-2009, 03:28 PM
It would have been funny as hell to see Cutler get traded to Detroit.

This thread would be 100 pages long.