PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Vs. Brady?

NFLBerries
01-10-2012, 10:04 PM
What do you guys think on the Tebow vs. Brady matchup? Huge Tebow fans here, it's going to be a good one, but we think Tebow can do it. :) :defense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNLmqSVR2t8
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNLmqSVR2t8)

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Welcome to Broncos Forums - Myself, I believe the entire Denver Broncos team can do it.

wayninja
01-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I think Brady may have a shot despite his inexperience and low draft position. I'll give him a 10 point handicap.

MasterShake
01-10-2012, 10:58 PM
I think Brady may have a shot despite his inexperience and low draft position. I'll give him a 10 point handicap.

wayninja, I'm getting really tired of you trying to force your idea of a white QB being any good in this league.

wayninja
01-10-2012, 11:01 PM
wayninja, I'm getting really tired of you trying to force your idea of a white QB being any good in this league.

Wait a second... those guys are white? ****, I have to adjust the contrast on my TV bad...

Now I understand why B. Lloyd really did seem invisible!

MasterShake
01-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Wait a second... those guys are white? ****, I have to adjust the contrast on my TV bad...

No, its the Tint... the tint!

Northman
01-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Well, its the second time they are meeting in 5 weeks so right now i give the edge to Brady. But....if Tebow gives Tom the TeBlow Deathpunch it could weaken Brady.

sneakers
01-10-2012, 11:04 PM
lol nfl berries

weazel
01-10-2012, 11:05 PM
What do you guys think on the Tebow vs. Brady matchup? Huge Tebow fans here, it's going to be a good one, but we think Tebow can do it. :) :defense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNLmqSVR2t8
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNLmqSVR2t8)

I didn't know that they were gonna battle each other on their own... shit I might not waste my time watching it then. :confused:

wayninja
01-10-2012, 11:08 PM
No, its the Tint... the tint!

I love a good pair of tints.

broncobryce
01-10-2012, 11:42 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/ginuwin794/tomgady.jpg

Joel
01-11-2012, 04:42 AM
The Broncos always win MY Madden games, too. Think we can get Belicheat to let us play that way? Without letting him hack a server? :tongue:

As for the live action game, I think a McGahee vs. Brady matchup, with an occasional long pass on 1st or 2nd down to put us in FG range or better when they stack the box, is far more favorable to Denver. Tebow may be Superman, but unless he can play safety we probably can't win a shooting match with Brady; best bet is to keep him on the bench for 40:00.

catfish
01-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Well Tebow has Youth Weight and Reach, so I think a knockout in the second round

broncofan1987
01-11-2012, 02:20 PM
We were completely in the game, until we made some mistakes, per the punt fumble, some bad decisions on tebow. Watching tebow play is sometimes hard because if he is not in a rhythm he does not always make the best throws. But it is hard to get into rhythm when McCoy calls for 11/13 running plays. And when we do throw it the receivers are 45 yards down the field. We will win this game if we mix the run and throw and use the quick slants as well as the long post/play action passes.

NightTerror218
01-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I give the huge edge to Pats. They are going to do a lot to confuse Tebow. But if he can keep the turnovers down we have a better chance. That goes for rest of team, less turnovers means less "free"points for Brady, like the 17 points last time in second quarter.

NightTerror218
01-11-2012, 02:24 PM
We were completely in the game, until we made some mistakes, per the punt fumble, some bad decisions on tebow. Watching tebow play is sometimes hard because if he is not in a rhythm he does not always make the best throws. But it is hard to get into rhythm when McCoy calls for 11/13 running plays. And when we do throw it the receivers are 45 yards down the field. We will win this game if we mix the run and throw and use the quick slants as well as the long post/play action passes.

I am hoping we slowly move towards a 60/40 rushes to passes, rather then 80/20.

broncofan1987
01-11-2012, 02:28 PM
I agree. We need to get Tebow involved early so they can't scheme their defense as much. If I was a defensive coordinator I would but 8 in the box and make him run right. The best way to beat the blitz is quick screens and slants. We have fast enough receivers if they get in the open the can be scary.

Ravage!!!
01-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm glad it is NOT a competition of Brady vs Tebow, or we would be in big big BIG trouble. Luckily its our offense against a very bad defense, and their offense against our good defense.

Tebow isn't in Brady's league as far as QB'ing goes, so the better question is what do we think about Brady vs our pass rush, corners and safeties?

silkamilkamonico
01-11-2012, 04:34 PM
the only thing Tebow has that's remotely close to Brady's QB abiilty is character as a human being.

In life, Tebow. On the field, Brady. Always. And forever.

wayninja
01-11-2012, 04:46 PM
the only thing Tebow has that's remotely close to Brady's QB abiilty is character as a human being.

In life, Tebow. On the field, Brady. Always. And forever.

Tebow is undefeated in the post season. BTW, very much enjoyed the heatwave reference.

HammeredOut
01-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Hernandez tore us up last time. Herm Edwards suggested "that we somehow get Champ Bailey on him."

The Patriots are great at bump and release with the TEs. The Pats will always have both TEs blocking and releasing to the open field, just like school yard ball, all the while Wes Welker will get to the open field in the slot. Tom Brady will look off Wes.W, then to both his TEs, then to his HB in the flat, then to his WRs and in that order. Most of the time.

If the pass rush can figure out how to apply constant pressure with V.M and E.D, we have ourselves a ball game.

Also, I believe if we keep the possesions to an 8-10 possession game, by extending methodical drives between 6-8 minutes per drive and score. Our team will have a chance to win at the end of the game. If we get quick 3 and Outs, and give Brady more possessions, we will lose it in a big way. So we need to keep long drives, and pound the ball to pick up and convert 3rd downs.

This game is not out of reach in any aspect with how well the Broncos Defense is playing. Brady has to be licking his chops looking at our safety's and how they match up with his TE's, which is fine, but if our Pass Rush is as good as is can be, and rack up atleast 5 sacks, and an INT. This game could be within reach for our team.

The Broncos will need to stick to the run game, and the TebowCat offense. I would like to see Broncos pull off a 300 yard game on the ground to up and better the 250+ last time we played them. Pretty much everything worked against the Patriots up until they made Tebow pass the ball. Some Play-action bootleg screens, and some quick bubble screens to get the dink and dunk offense incorporated a little bit more for the 3 or 4yard pick up sorely needs to be brought into the offense. Give Tebow more hook routes and comebacks, always have an option in the middle of the field, and if Tim Tebow gets in trouble, get the WRs to always comeback to him and get open, much like Ben Roth in Pittsburgh. They need to teach Tebow how to have some fun out on the field, meaning he needs to talk to his receivers and let them know that if trouble arises, these are the recievers tendencies if the route is broken off. The route gets broken off, then Tebow and his receivers get lost most time. Tebow needs to find out which guy is going to comeback, cut across, and whos generally going to get open for him. Old time school ball. Let him have some fun with his receivers. If Tebow can find the open receiver and extend the play, which we have watched a ton of times already. John Fox needs to get his guys in the right spots after the initial reads are broken off and the play is extended.

We can win this next game on solid running and our defense.

Joel
01-12-2012, 03:32 PM
We have a play for 3 or 4 yard pickups; it's called "McGahee Off Tackle." Difference is it's never incomplete or a pick six and, against NE, it's more like a 5 or 10 yard play.

In general, I want to pass more, but not this weekend, even against the #31 passing D. If they load the box and leave guys open, take the kill shot, but that should be the exception rather than the rule. Part of our passing success last week was LeBeau parking DEs and LBs in Tebows running lanes to CONTAIN rather than RUSH him, keep him in the pocket and make him beat them with his arm. He did it, and well, but I remember how much penetration NE got last time. One time they sent just 5 guys and 4 of them met at the QB. Another time, protection broke down and Tebow saw a tackler coming from his left, so he tucked it away and ran out the back of the collapsing pocket to his right--into another Patriot defender, who promptly sacked him.

Worst of all, even if we manage a bunch of 3 minute quick strikes, that just means we give the ball back to Brady without tiring their D or resting ours, which Brady immediately shreds. There is NO way our second year QB, second year blockers and second year receivers keep pace with that for three and a half hours. Limit New England to five or six possessions in the game and even stopping them once or twice could win the game, and we may have to be content with that, because the only difference between our pass rush now versus a month ago is that NE has Sebastian Vollmer back and no longer need start a rookie tackle in his place. Oh, and they have Deion Branch back in addition to Hernandez, Gronkowski and Welker (we can easily put Champ on Hernandez if we don't mind leaving Goodman or Harris on Welker, but I mind a great deal.)

Run, run Rudolph, and only take passes when they offer the long ball on a silver platter. It's not the way I want to play every game, but against a team that gave us 252 rushing yards last time even though we didn't run AT ALL in the fourth quarter, and harried our QB quite effectively, it's the no brainer game plan. And somebody block Ninkovich so he doesn't destroy us again.

Darth Hoodie
01-12-2012, 03:37 PM
This game will come down to whether the Broncos can hit Brady. If not, he'll light you up.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-12-2012, 04:15 PM
I was listening to Sirius NFL radio today and they had a caller on who had done a lot of research on Brady. Did you know that Brady is one of the worst QBs in the league - for his career - on 3rd and long? He makes his money throwing short passes and when forced into 3rd and long, he's sacked a ridiculous 1 in 6 drop backs?

The Pats rely on picking up 3-5 yards on 1st and 2nd down and either not facing 3rd and long, or not facing 3rd down at all. We absolutely MUST take a page out of the Steelers playbook from their game this season and play PRESS MAN coverage, especially on 1st and 2nd down. Brady/NE thrives on throwing short passes to Welker and the TEs on 1st and 2nd downs. After killing a team nickle and dimeing them early on, then they go for that kill shot down the field once the coverage starts to move up. Rarely do they send more than one eligible receiver more than 10-15 yards downfield. Everyone stays in that 10 yards and in box so Brady can quickly get rid of the ball.

By playing press across the board with one deep Safety to help out in case the deep guy gets free, it will throw off the timing and force Brady to go through his progressions which favors our pass rush. We can't just give up the small stuff on 1st and 2nd down. We can't afford to line our CBs up 10 yards off the ball. NO FREE RELEASES, especially for Welker and the TEs. It needs to be man/press all day. I'll take the chance at them gashing us a couple times with a draw run play than giving up all the underneath passing they do. We must take away the quick, short passing game.

Brady has made a living of slicing up zone coverage and his quick receivers get separation almost immediately when they are not jammed at the LOS which allows him just to sit there like a surgeon and play his game. We must disrupt their timing. That's the only way we can hope to slow down their offense and get pressure on Brady.

WTE
01-12-2012, 04:57 PM
^^^^^^^Nice writeup HP^^^^^^^

I knew the Patriots didn't look that great on 3rd and long this year but I didn't know it was that bad. They really need to get Mankins back to help protection.

The defensive schemes you alluded to is probably their best game plan. Even Belichick mentioned something this week that Denver has recently added new wrinkles to their nickle and dime sub-packages.

He said they're adding plays, formations and there's a lot of communication at Denver's D-Line relative to defensive looks.

However, you can have the greatest plan in the world but it still comes down to execution. You still have to stop Gronk, Welker and Hernandez and NE has shown a new wrinkle too lately with quick passes to their RB's out of the backfield. BenJarvus finally seems to have recovered from his turf toe because he looked quick as hell racing downfield a couple weeks ago after catching a quick pass.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-12-2012, 05:33 PM
^^^^^^^Nice writeup HP^^^^^^^

I knew the Patriots didn't look that great on 3rd and long this year but I didn't know it was that bad. They really need to get Mankins back to help protection.

The defensive schemes you alluded to is probably their best game plan. Even Belichick mentioned something this week that Denver has recently added new wrinkles to their nickle and dime sub-packages.

He said they're adding plays, formations and there's a lot of communication at Denver's D-Line relative to defensive looks.

However, you can have the greatest plan in the world but it still comes down to execution. You still have to stop Gronk, Welker and Hernandez and NE has shown a new wrinkle too lately with quick passes to their RB's out of the backfield. BenJarvus finally seems to have recovered from his turf toe because he looked quick as hell racing downfield a couple weeks ago after catching a quick pass.

Yep. We can speculate about how to stop/contain the Pats and Brady, but if it was easy, or even feasible, teams would've done it. The Pats' bread and butter is execution. Other than maybe Peyton Manning, nobody executes a timing/rhythm offense, especially no huddle, like Brady and the Pats. The Pats' no huddle is what I fear the most. We will need to play nearly a flawless game this week and hope the Pats are a little off theirs for us to get a win. A little luck and maybe divine intervention would be appreciated too... :D

WTE
01-12-2012, 06:22 PM
The Pats' no huddle is what I fear the most. We will need to play nearly a flawless game this week and hope the Pats are a little off theirs for us to get a win. A little luck and maybe divine intervention would be appreciated too... :D

In the earlier Pats/Denver game I noticed Denver's D looked very gassed against NE's hurry up offense, one of the most tired D's against that hurry up I have seen all year.

I hear the weather will be in the 20's and windy which favors Denver's run game.

However, Brady should have no problem throwing the short reads in the wind but I really wonder if Tebow will be able to throw in windy conditions given the loft you often see with his throws.

Day1BroncoFan
01-12-2012, 06:30 PM
When Tebow throws a good pass I hope the receiver catches it. That would help a lot.

Joel
01-12-2012, 07:05 PM
This game will come down to whether the Broncos can hit Brady. If not, he'll light you up.
We can't. He will. We must run, run, run so he gets the ball for about 15:00. Terse enough for everyone? :tongue:

In the earlier Pats/Denver game I noticed Denver's D looked very gassed against NE's hurry up offense, one of the most tired D's against that hurry up I have seen all year.

I hear the weather will be in the 20's and windy which favors Denver's run game.

However, Brady should have no problem throwing the short reads in the wind but I really wonder if Tebow will be able to throw in windy conditions given the loft you often see with his throws.
All good points; see above statement. ;)

catfish
01-12-2012, 09:36 PM
We can't. He will. We must run, run, run so he gets the ball for about 15:00. Terse enough for everyone? :tongue:

All good points; see above statement. ;)

to be fair Tebow could be in a dome and have the same problem...Brady will be the only one affected :)

Dzone
01-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Watching the replaY of the first NE_DEN game. We were up 16-7. Could have easily been 24-7. We were kicking NEs ass

WTE
01-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Watching the replaY of the first NE_DEN game. We were up 16-7. Could have easily been 24-7. We were kicking NEs ass

I know. i was freakin' out thinking Denver could go up 24-7.

Denver was kicking NE's ass.

That was pretty much the 1st qtr.

hamrob
01-13-2012, 12:06 AM
I think that we should consider putting Champ on Hernandez. Then play goody on whoever their WR is...Branch or Ocho. I would put Harris on Welker and Woodyard on Gronk with double coverage from the safety.

I would play alot of man with this coverage...and I would bring the house up the middle towards Brady. We sacked him like 5 times in the first meeting and it was working pretty well...but, he killed our zone coverage.

They can go ahead and run it and dink and dunk it. If that happens...I like our chances.

We need to cut out the turnovers and the YAC. If we do that...I really like our chances.

On offense. Limit the turnovers. Run the ball and throw it 20-25 times just like last week. Us the Plummer rollout more, and hit your receiver down the field.

More than likely....Willis and Royal are going to have to make big plays. They will double cover Thomas the entire game.

If I were McCoy, this would be a great game to introduce Orange Julius to the NFL! TE down the middle baby!!!

Joel
01-13-2012, 03:01 PM
I was visiting friends during The Comeback, and the lady of the house hated football, so she turned off the game after Houston started the second half with a pick six on Buffalo that made it 35-3. Ain't over till the gun.

I think that we should consider putting Champ on Hernandez. Then play goody on whoever their WR is...Branch or Ocho. I would put Harris on Welker and Woodyard on Gronk with double coverage from the safety.

I would play alot of man with this coverage...and I would bring the house up the middle towards Brady. We sacked him like 5 times in the first meeting and it was working pretty well...but, he killed our zone coverage.

They can go ahead and run it and dink and dunk it. If that happens...I like our chances.

We need to cut out the turnovers and the YAC. If we do that...I really like our chances.

On offense. Limit the turnovers. Run the ball and throw it 20-25 times just like last week. Us the Plummer rollout more, and hit your receiver down the field.

More than likely....Willis and Royal are going to have to make big plays. They will double cover Thomas the entire game.

If I were McCoy, this would be a great game to introduce Orange Julius to the NFL! TE down the middle baby!!!
We sacked Brady TWICE, which is what they averaged this season: 2 sacks per game, 32 total. Back then they had a rookie tackle starting in place of injured Sebastian Vollmer; this week they won't.

Last week Pitt didn't blitz, they kept their LBs and DEs in Tebows running lanes so he'd stay in the pocket. As a result, he hit a 58 yarder, 51 yarder, 40 yarder and 30 yarder, plus the 80 yard game winner. New England sent effective pressure last time and you can bet they will this time.

Welker's their best WR so he gets Champ; it doesn't do us any good to shut down Gronkowski or Hernandez if Welker has 180 yards and 3 TDs.

Harris on Gronkowski; any TE who draws double coverage deep is too much for any Will; DJ/Woodyard on Hernandez. We can't shut them down, but if we can SLOW them down, ball control offense gives us a good shot.

Pray Branch doesn't burn Goodman to a crisp.

Pray harder Johnson doesn't do the same with our safeties, at least one of whom will have to help out against Gronkowski and Welker deep. They're still likely to hurt us over the middle against Mays.

I'm tempted to say just sell out on safety and corner blitzes and hope we can reach Brady with speed off the edge, because we aren't getting to him any other way, and we can't cover their receiver horde if we try.

Best bet is still to run early and often, restricting our passing to deep strikes if/when they crowd the line against the run on 1st and 2nd down. It's likely they will, because we brutalized them running last time, but WE gave up FOUR sacks. We should go heavy run irrespective of how we feel about Tebows passing, because the Patriots NEVER stopped our run. We averaged a staggering 8.1 yards per carry against them; when we pass, it should usually be on 1st or 2nd down, knowing an incomplete that results in 3rd and 5 or 6 still leaves us a good chance of a rushing first down.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311218007

Day1BroncoFan
01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
If we score more points than NE we win. :D