PDA

View Full Version : Houston we have a problem!

underrated29
01-10-2012, 06:58 PM
As you know whenever I have a hockey game during the broncos games. I can watch a little of the game and then leave for my game, and when I do that we ALWAYS ALWAYS LOSE!

And guess what. I have a game this sat night at 8. Right during the middle of the game and I have to leave at 7 to make it to my game on time. Now this problem was averted twice this year against the Jets and Bears game I think, as I had this but then changed plans or got sick. Dont remember, then TNED wished for someone to break my knees, and as it turns out I got my finger broken. So no half broncos half my hockey and we won, those two games.

Soooooooooooo...

Decision time.

Do I stay or do I go? What say you bronco fans. The fate of our playoff lives depends on this. But I need to play in my game too.

And Tned: If you wish for a broken anything on me again you are paying my damn doctor bills.

I Eat Staples
01-10-2012, 07:00 PM
I don't believe in jinxes or anything like that, but if I were you I wouldn't miss the game for ANYTHING.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Skip it. This a playoff game! How many times in the last 6 years have you been able to see the Broncos in one? The hockey team will be okay without you.

Maybe I'm just being selfish but don't **** with the mojo... :D

Nomad
01-10-2012, 07:02 PM
If I'm gonna miss my little girl's first ski race ever and have the wife and her pissed at me because I'm putting the BRONCOS first, I believe you can miss a hockey game due to the stomach flu for the good of the BRONCOS.

Buff
01-10-2012, 07:04 PM
I think we need Tned to go watch your hockey game to double reverse the jinx.

Dapper Dan
01-10-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm not going to say I believe in jinxes. But I ain't washing my Broncos T shirt that I wore during the Steelers game.

PatriotsGuy
01-10-2012, 07:08 PM
I think you need to be there for your hockey team :D

Dzone
01-10-2012, 07:11 PM
You live in Colorado. The heart of Bronco Country. Nobody is even going to be there because they will be watching the Broncos. In the playoffs! Tell them to reschedule the game. Good luck.

NightTerror218
01-10-2012, 07:11 PM
If I'm gonna miss my little girl's first ski race ever and have the wife and her pissed at me because I'm putting the BRONCOS first, I believe you can miss a hockey game due to the stomach flu for the good of the BRONCOS.

ski race down Eagle Rive Road?

NightTerror218
01-10-2012, 07:13 PM
I don't believe in jinxes or anything like that, but if I were you I wouldn't miss the game for ANYTHING.

I played sports all my life, and they very much exist!!!!

dogfish
01-10-2012, 07:28 PM
don't be a selfish *****, take one for the team!

:defense:

NightTerror218
01-10-2012, 07:32 PM
crap, I just had new carpet installed and i watched the steeler game on the bare wood with a camping chair with crown and cokes.

Do i need to rip out my carpet or drink crown and cokes?

nevcraw
01-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Tell them you can't go because you got your head stuck up your ass for even thinking about playing hockey...

wayninja
01-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Grown men playing hockey without getting paid or a playoff Broncos game.

Apologies if most of us don't consider this a difficult decision.

wayninja
01-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm not going to say I believe in jinxes. But I ain't washing my Broncos T shirt that I wore during the Steelers game.

I hope you are talking about this last sunday and not 2005.

bcbronc
01-10-2012, 08:37 PM
And guess what. I have a game this sat night at 8.

ur29, you're hockey teammates are counting on you to be there. They're guys (and girls?) you share a change room with, go to battle with and you're willing to send them over the boards shorthanded?

If you jinx the Broncos by watching half the game and leaving, take one for the team and don't watch any of the game before you go. But you can't let down your teammates.

Unless you suck of course. If you're actually doing your teammates a favour by not showing up, easy decision.

Booooooooo Nomad. You've seen other playoff games. They're will be another Bronco game next weekend to watch. Your little girl will NEVER have another first ski race. It will mean the world to your little girl to have her daddy there.

Tebow would want you to go to the race and watch the game later.

OrangeHoof
01-10-2012, 08:52 PM
I clicked on this thread expecting to read that T.J. Yates had broken his leg...

underrated29
01-10-2012, 09:24 PM
ur29, you're hockey teammates are counting on you to be there. They're guys (and girls?) you share a change room with, go to battle with and you're willing to send them over the boards shorthanded?

If you jinx the Broncos by watching half the game and leaving, take one for the team and don't watch any of the game before you go. But you can't let down your teammates.

Unless you suck of course. If you're actually doing your teammates a favour by not showing up, easy decision.

Booooooooo Nomad. You've seen other playoff games. They're will be another Bronco game next weekend to watch. Your little girl will NEVER have another first ski race. It will mean the world to your little girl to have her daddy there.

Tebow would want you to go to the race and watch the game later.

Lol no. I don't suck. I'm one of our top 2 players.

I just don't know what to do. This so totally sucks balls.

Mike
01-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Lol no. I don't suck. I'm one of our top 2 players.

I just don't know what to do. This so totally sucks balls.

I don't see what's so tough about it personally. Broncos playoff games are rarities lately.

dogfish
01-10-2012, 09:41 PM
hockey schmockey, they'll get over it!

Medford Bronco
01-10-2012, 09:42 PM
As you know whenever I have a hockey game during the broncos games. I can watch a little of the game and then leave for my game, and when I do that we ALWAYS ALWAYS LOSE!

And guess what. I have a game this sat night at 8. Right during the middle of the game and I have to leave at 7 to make it to my game on time. Now this problem was averted twice this year against the Jets and Bears game I think, as I had this but then changed plans or got sick. Dont remember, then TNED wished for someone to break my knees, and as it turns out I got my finger broken. So no half broncos half my hockey and we won, those two games.

Soooooooooooo...

Decision time.

Do I stay or do I go? What say you bronco fans. The fate of our playoff lives depends on this. But I need to play in my game too.

And Tned: If you wish for a broken anything on me again you are paying my damn doctor bills.

Dont you have a DVR? Then dont pay attetion to anything media and watch the Broncos game after your playoff game. Best of both worlds. :salute:

underrated29
01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Here's the thing Med, it knows weather I am watching live or not. And if I am ditching halfway through to go play.

I was thinking about the angle of me getting to the rink at 530. So I could watch the game there at the rink, play, then leave right after go home and pick up where I left off....

I'm thinking this is OK. I will still make my lucky special dip and just leave it out for me for when I get back. And I won't be leaving the game.

wayninja
01-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Here's the thing Med, it knows weather I am watching live or not. And if I am ditching halfway through to go play.

This sounds strangely like Young's double slit experiment.

I was thinking about the angle of me getting to the rink at 530. So I could watch the game there at the rink, play, then leave right after go home and pick up where I left off....

I'm thinking this is OK. I will still make my lucky special dip and just leave it out for me for when I get back. And I won't be leaving the game.

Grown man hockey vs Broncos. Really? If you make money, I respect it. If you aren't making money... WTF... really? REALLY?

Dapper Dan
01-10-2012, 11:00 PM
I hope you are talking about this last sunday and not 2005.

I'm pretty sure I burned those close. No bad mojo.

I remember burning my James Harrison McFarlane figure. Small victory.

About the hockey thing. I'm no Colorodian or whatever it's called. So I really didn't know Americans still played hockey.

pnbronco
01-10-2012, 11:57 PM

You're not leaving half way from you home. I think this is the plan.

This way you don't let your team mates down.

I wore nothing I had worn before to this last game. Sorry Dog but I wore my signed Brady Quinn Jersey. I figured it would be the only time I would ever wear it anyway. The old time stripe socks and I left my old favorite Bronco coat at home. So I guess I'll wear the same things....

Good luck with your game......:D

broncosfannum24
01-11-2012, 12:13 AM
I could believe it lol but during the 6 game win streak i would hook up with my gf every saturday before the game, when i had to leave for winter break from school, we lost three straight games, but as soon as i get back saturday i didnt waste no time and we won again came sunday lol

Nomad
01-11-2012, 12:15 AM
ski race down Eagle Rive Road?

It's at Hillberg Ski Area on Elmendorf. Another 6-9" of snow on the way between tomorrow and Friday morning.

Right now, you can't get to Alyeska because the shutdown Seward Hwy due to the blizzard.

Tned
01-11-2012, 12:18 AM

In the words of a former POTUS, I have no recollection of those events...

GEM
01-11-2012, 12:24 AM
So help me, UR...If the Broncos lose because of a poor choice by you, I dont care what kind of secret spy shit you do for a living, I will hunt you down and hold you personally accountable. Choose wisely!!!

Jsteve01
01-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Nomad I'm with BC. You'll never get another first race for your daughter. She's more important than any game

dogfish
01-11-2012, 02:16 AM
So help me, UR...If the Broncos lose because of a poor choice by you, I dont care what kind of secret spy shit you do for a living, I will hunt you down and hold you personally accountable. Choose wisely!!!

yup. . . you put some stupid jinx on us because of a friggin' hockey game, i'ma have T ban yo dumb ass. . . .

Nomad I'm with BC. You'll never get another first race for your daughter. She's more important than any game

steve, this is the playoffs. . . i'm going to have to ask you to kindly get the **** out. . .

:D :welcome:

underrated29
01-11-2012, 11:40 AM
I could believe it lol but during the 6 game win streak i would hook up with my gf every saturday before the game, when i had to leave for winter break from school, we lost three straight games, but as soon as i get back saturday i didnt waste no time and we won again came sunday lol

Dude, Get Some!!! Maybe you should do it friday night and sat morning (just to make sure)---no actually keep it all the same. No changes.

You can tie me down too if you'd like :D

underrated29
01-11-2012, 11:44 AM
im just not sure guys. There are 3 other things into play here. Some of the team is already not going to be there, so if they are really short on guys i need too. But I am also getting my skates hooked up with some new steel and holders from my buddy that works for the avs. So if they are not done I can not skate anyway.

I just have this feeling that I should Not watch the entire game. I should, ehhh, I dont know this is so nerve racking!

PatriotsGuy
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
As a Canadian I just want to re-stress the importance of you being there for your hockey team :beer:

ShooterJM
01-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Trick question. You neglected to mention what position you play. Although you said you "play" hockey so I doubt you're a goalie... :D

By playing, you'll need to do something to offset not watching the broncos, but again, it depends on your position.

Jsteve01
01-11-2012, 12:22 PM
yup. . . you put some stupid jinx on us because of a friggin' hockey game, i'ma have T ban yo dumb ass. . . .

steve, this is the playoffs. . . i'm going to have to ask you to kindly get the **** out. . .

:D :welcome:

ask all you like dogfish. i have no problem saying my daughter is more important than a playoff game in foxboro :rolleyes:

NightTerror218
01-11-2012, 12:22 PM
It's at Hillberg Ski Area on Elmendorf. Another 6-9" of snow on the way between tomorrow and Friday morning.

Right now, you can't get to Alyeska because the shutdown Seward Hwy due to the blizzard.

and several avalanches

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 12:29 PM

Soooooooooooo...

Decision time.

Go.
So after NE throttles TT & Co, we can all hate you just a little bit more. ;')

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

underrated29
01-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Trick question. You neglected to mention what position you play. Although you said you "play" hockey so I doubt you're a goalie... :D

By playing, you'll need to do something to offset not watching the broncos, but again, it depends on your position.

Im Center. What did you have in mind.

MOtorboat
01-11-2012, 12:41 PM
I think you have a fever.

pnbronco
01-11-2012, 12:48 PM
im just not sure guys. There are 3 other things into play here. Some of the team is already not going to be there, so if they are really short on guys i need too. But I am also getting my skates hooked up with some new steel and holders from my buddy that works for the avs. So if they are not done I can not skate anyway.

I just have this feeling that I should Not watch the entire game. I should, ehhh, I dont know this is so nerve racking!

It's just Weds..... When will you know about your skates? If they are not ready then problem solved. You guys do know how to text each other and that seems like a pretty quick way to get an answer.....:D

Speaking of new tech, that I know so little of, don't your have something that can record the game? Record the game, go early and watch what you can from the Rink and then enjoy it over and over when you get home......

ShooterJM
01-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Im Center. What did you have in mind.

You need to rep a bronco. Clearly the choice here is a QB or Nalen. Wear a T-shirt with the broncos logo or players number under your team jersey or just use blue/orange tape on the top of your stick.

I played D and had an old tshirt with a punisher skull that I used for my superstitions and shenanigans.

underrated29
01-11-2012, 01:29 PM
thats a hell of an idea! My number is 9 like brady quinn and maybe thats why we always lose when I watch the game and then play. Because the brady quinn comes out...

What if I tape the number 15 on my undershirt? What number was nalen- i forget 62?

shank
01-11-2012, 01:30 PM
66 you jackhole!

ShooterJM
01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
yeah 66.

dogfish
01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
What if I tape the number 15 on my undershirt? What number was nalen- i forget 62?

mods, please ban U29. . . .

:frusty:

underrated29
01-14-2012, 06:14 PM
ok guys. here is what we are doing.

I have my undershirt with 66 and 50 on the back and 7 and 15 in front taped on. I am leaving in an hour to go to the rink and watch as much of the game as I can before its my own game time.

I think because I am not leaving mid game and I am honoring our two Centers (since I play Center and both our QBs on the front to lead the way, we will be good. More than good. We will be great!

GB2

Nomad
01-14-2012, 06:17 PM
The fate of the BRONCOS is on your shoulders...I'm doing my part.:lol:

pnbronco
01-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Man are you in trouble......:tsk:.....:laugh:

Nomad
01-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Man are you in trouble......:tsk:.....:laugh:

Get'em pn! I won't hold you back.:lol:

dogfish
01-16-2012, 02:19 AM
so, who wants to help me set U 29's house on fire?

underrated29
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Ok so we know that it will never work. At least we got it out of the way now and next year we know what I have to do. Good news is, needless to say I and a few guys were pretty pissed off. Got in three fights, 4 people got ejected, and we scored i think 8 goals.

But feel free to teabag my drinks, set me on fire, whatever. I really thought the tape on my shirt would work.

TXBRONC
01-19-2012, 02:59 PM
thats a hell of an idea! My number is 9 like brady quinn and maybe thats why we always lose when I watch the game and then play. Because the brady quinn comes out...

66 you jackhole!

yeah 66.

U29 do you now know what number Nalen wore? :D

underrated29
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
U29 do you now know what number Nalen wore? :D

I had 66 and 50 on my back and 7 and 15 on my front. I covered both stars and both active players in the Center type position.

Yes I do know now.

NightTerror218
01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
i still blame you for this loss UR.