PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the patriots will win this sunday?

sneakers
01-10-2012, 05:21 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvdzhpwkna1r1aju9o1_250.gifhttp://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/75_134/18_239/nono645.gifhttp://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx5u00bwWb1r5jp9so1_400.gif

cmc0605
01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Probably not, but they have a good shot on saturday

Buff
01-10-2012, 05:27 PM

Oh BAM!

pwned by the NOOB.

Northman
01-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Lol sneakers....

cmc0605
01-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Just teasing....

of course, the Pats have the firepower to win; hopefully, Denver steps up and comes up with the big plays when they matter. If we don't drop interceptions, don't turn the ball over, don't erase first downs with penalties, etc then we do have a realistic shot. I just hope the Pats are as over-confident as many of their fans are that I've seen on a number of message boards, but keep in mind that Denver was actually keeping up with the Pats (and winning) until we started shooting ourselves in the foot. They do have some guys healthy now, but I still think the banged up Steeler defense is better than their healthy defense, so we can move the ball on them. The defense, however, needs to come up big.

There are two QBs in this game I wouldn't bet money against. I think it will be a closer game than a lot of people expect

CoachChaz
01-10-2012, 05:41 PM
If we dont giftwrap them 13 points in a quarter and are able to stick to our game plan, I think we have a better chance than Vegas expects. If I had to bet, I'd go with NE...but I think we have as much of a chance as anyone.

If Pitt played NE...I would have picked Pitt

sneakers
01-10-2012, 05:46 PM
If we dont giftwrap them 13 points in a quarter and are able to stick to our game plan, I think we have a better chance than Vegas expects. If I had to bet, I'd go with NE...but I think we have as much of a chance as anyone.

Tebow playing the patriots again is like Luke Skywalker facing vader in ROTJ vs his first duel in TESB.....he has learned so much since then.

Thnikkaman
01-10-2012, 05:48 PM

Ditto.

Here's to continuing the Patriots playoff game losing streak. :beer:

NightTerror218
01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
honestly no I do not think we can win. Do I think we can give them a good game, yes if we come out like we did Sunday and play like we did in all aspects of the game. But the TO ratio must be in our favor. OL must protect Tebow so he does not force mistakes. Defense needs to slow Brady down somewhat.

wayninja
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
The patriots,while underdogs, do have a chance in this game. Let's not forget they are playing at home, which is a slight advantage.

I know they don't have a QB like Tebow and that their defense isn't the best, but if they can force the broncos into playing their game and slow Tebow down then the Brady bunch may have a shot. I'm not betting on it, but we'll see.

Steelers24
01-10-2012, 06:31 PM
I dont think they will, but Im rooting for denver. You never know what could happen.

GEM
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Eff those Pansy losers. Broncos baby!!!

CoachChaz
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
It would be nice to see the overachieving good guys take one from the whining prima donna

Dzone
01-10-2012, 07:16 PM
I would like to see Mcgahee keep both hands on the ball at all times. If he fumbles again, I swear I will throw a lamp through the tv

NightTerror218
01-10-2012, 07:22 PM
So far everytime I thought we had a good chance we lost. When I figured we had a slight chance we won.

I still believe we have a slight chance and that Brady could light up Goodman/Harris. They need to bring A games.

BroncoNut
01-10-2012, 07:31 PM
no. I think the Broncos will go all the way. sb46 will be Giants vs Denver with Denver having the home field advantage. The Broncos will win 19-13.

wayninja
01-10-2012, 07:36 PM
no. I think the Broncos will go all the way. sb46 will be Giants vs Denver with Denver having the home field advantage. The Broncos will win 19-13.

I don't see tebow going all the way until he's married. Even then, I don't expect that I'll get to see it.

BroncoNut
01-10-2012, 07:57 PM
I don't see tebow going all the way until he's married. Even then, I don't expect that I'll get to see it.

I don't care about Tim's personal life choices insomuch as his paly on the field, unless those 2 events interact, of course. But I think you need to let it go (his virginity or lack of sexual activity) wayninja. What a gay username btw.

Day1BroncoFan
01-10-2012, 07:59 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvdzhpwkna1r1aju9o1_250.gifhttp://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/75_134/18_239/nono645.gif

:tsk:

wayninja
01-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't care about Tim's personal life choices insomuch as his paly on the field, unless those 2 events interact, of course. But I think you need to let it go (his virginity or lack of sexual activity) wayninja. What a gay username btw.

having a gay username shows how confident I am in my sexuality. Whatever that may be.

bcbronc
01-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I can't say I think we'll win, but I will say I feel we match up better vs NE than against Pitt (injuries notwithstanding).

I think a key matchup will be Tebow's accuracy vs NE's ballhawking secondary. They're 2nd in the league, compared to Pitt's 24, in interceptions. They will make Tebow pay for missed throws, but TT can't let that get in his head. Just keep pulling the trigger, gunslinger.

On the other side of the ball, obviously can't let Brady sit on his spot, and we have to do something about the twin tower TEs. Last game it looked like DA doubled Welker with Harris and a S...can't say whether it worked or not though cuz whatever they were doing with Hernandez wasn't very effective. Brady didn't need to look elsewhere. They're going to get their offensive plays, but we need to find a way to keep them to FGs a few times and get a couple of TOs.

PAINTERDAVE
01-10-2012, 08:29 PM
W rushed for 167 yards in the FIRST QUARTER last time we played the Patriots.

We are gonna RUN ALL OVER 'EM.

Key is turnovers... we hold onto the ball.. chew up the clock..
put up 7's when we get the shot... We win.

BroncoNut
01-10-2012, 08:33 PM
I can't say I think we'll win, but I will say I feel we match up better vs NE than against Pitt (injuries notwithstanding).

I think a key matchup will be Tebow's accuracy vs NE's ballhawking secondary. They're 2nd in the league, compared to Pitt's 24, in interceptions. They will make Tebow pay for missed throws, but TT can't let that get in his head. Just keep pulling the trigger, gunslinger.

On the other side of the ball, obviously can't let Brady sit on his spot, and we have to do something about the twin tower TEs. Last game it looked like DA doubled Welker with Harris and a S...can't say whether it worked or not though cuz whatever they were doing with Hernandez wasn't very effective. Brady didn't need to look elsewhere. They're going to get their offensive plays, but we need to find a way to keep them to FGs a few times and get a couple of TOs.

I love this take. very impressive.

Shazam!
01-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Thinking ahead a little to a scenario not too far fetched...

IF Denver somehow upsets NE giving them a win over their former !?$% Coach...

And IF Houston upsets Baltimore...

Would set up Denver at Houston in the AFC Championship Game, the Broncos vs. Gary Kubiak's team.

rjent
01-10-2012, 09:42 PM

:2thumbs:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Medford Bronco
01-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Eff those Pansy losers. Broncos baby!!!

You mean the team that has media members that are the biggest Puke homers out there.

They expect to win. Lets hope we ruin their party. It would be extra sweet for me, especially hearing how "easy" Denver is to beat.

Medford Bronco
01-10-2012, 09:47 PM

Great post BC.

We need to pressure Brady like we did in 05 and some of his other games vs Denver. If he has time, the Pats win. If you rattle him like the Giants did this year, we have a shot. Go broncos, I hope for the best.

Mr. Pro Bowl
01-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Spoke to everyone here today and nope, the Broncos won't let that happen...:D

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x127/Jurgen4321/IMG_0832.jpg

sneakers
01-10-2012, 10:57 PM

No it will be broncos against packers with broncos 13 point underdogs.....remember the last time packers won the superbowl, and then what happened the following season?

sneakers
01-11-2012, 04:08 AM
ok, check the OP again.

Joel
01-11-2012, 06:31 AM
So far everytime I thought we had a good chance we lost. When I figured we had a slight chance we won.

I still believe we have a slight chance and that Brady could light up Goodman/Harris. They need to bring A games.
I have more faith in Harris than Goodman, honestly, but hopefully we can pound the rock so they--and Brady--are reduced to spectators. I don't see our rush getting through their line, or our secondary covering their receivers, any more than last time, but if we put up 250 rushing yards in 3 quarters again WITHOUT giving them the ball on our end of the field 3 times, it's doable.

If they stack the box on 1st and 2nd down, try to find Thomas or Royal long a few times (maybe Royal can actually USE that return man speed: If you SUCK at putting moves on guys, just RUN BY THEM, dude!) but don't try to get into a shootout with Brady just because his passing D is next to last. Our second year offense just doesn't have the consistency yet to hang with NE four quarters like that. Even if you connect on another one of those 50 yarders for a TD after the offense has only been on the field a minute or two, guess what? You have to kickoff; unless we plan to recover a lot of onside kicks that is NOT the way to play that game.

Maybe use those long passes to get into scoring position then slowly punch our way through their line on the ground, but the name of the game should be tiring their D, resting ours, and not giving Brady a chance to slice up our secondary. I mean, seriously, was ANYONE covering their TEs last time? :tsk:

Much as it galls me to think of Belicheat beating us after rehiring McDumbass for that sole purpose, I think it's going to happen, but we do have a shot if we play our game well and don't turn the ball over (the Pats are +17 there, I believe, and if they win the turnover battle again it will be grim.) If Brady only has 5 or 6 drives in the game that kind of limits how many points he can score.

Thnikkaman
01-11-2012, 10:43 AM
ok, check the OP again.

I can't salute it more than twice sneak.

BroncoNut
01-11-2012, 10:57 AM

Would set up Denver at Houston in the AFC Championship Game, the Broncos vs. Gary Kubiak's team.

hmmm.. even I have considered this Shazam. I am pulling for Houston and Denver to meet up. Or baltimore and Denver. I'm one that believes that past wildcard weekend all bets are off to a reasonable extent.

Dzone
01-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Rothlesburger wearing that asshat. wtf was he thinking?

jlarsiii
01-11-2012, 02:18 PM
I really hope we win, but it doesn't look likely. A lot of the posters in this thread have a lot of "If..." statements regarding things that need to happen to give us a chance. That is never a good thing.

BroncoNut
01-11-2012, 02:57 PM
I really hope we win, but it doesn't look likely. A lot of the posters in this thread have a lot of "If..." statements regarding things that need to happen to give us a chance. That is never a good thing.

why not likely? I think we have a good chance. yoiu gotta believe man

sneakers
01-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Rothlesburger wearing that asshat. wtf was he thinking?

Do you think anyone thought of telling him how stupid it looks? Nah.

sneakers
01-13-2012, 12:08 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2UMnMqcS53Q/TpQ38PJVnrI/AAAAAAAAAGw/QeOPvMQfZHc/s1600/No-No-No-Cat.jpg

Canmore
01-13-2012, 02:23 AM
W rushed for 167 yards in the FIRST QUARTER last time we played the Patriots.

We are gonna RUN ALL OVER 'EM.

Key is turnovers... we hold onto the ball.. chew up the clock..
put up 7's when we get the shot... We win.

No ifs in these statements. We limit our turnovers like during the winning streak and at Pittsburgh. We run the football and score touchdowns. Dumervil, Ayers, Bunkley and Miller move Brady off his spot. Agreed... We win. :defense:

vettesplus
01-13-2012, 09:39 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvdzhpwkna1r1aju9o1_250.gifhttp://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/75_134/18_239/nono645.gifhttp://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx5u00bwWb1r5jp9so1_400.gif

So who are they playing on sunday??, they may be abit tired after sat's game.....:lol:

sneakers
01-13-2012, 05:06 PM
So who are they playing on sunday??, they may be abit tired after sat's game.....:lol:

http://coilhouse.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/NONONONOCAT1.jpg

Angel
01-13-2012, 05:34 PM
The pats haven't beaten a team with a winning record all season so I'll go out on a limb and say we win 35 - 24.

I Eat Staples
01-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Robocop doesn't think so.

http://imnotatoy.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/robocop.gif

sneakers
01-14-2012, 02:57 AM
http://animalish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/cat-talking-no-nono.jpg

sneakers
01-14-2012, 02:58 AM
http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/192_251/125_40/4ef357dc52d64.jpg

bcbronc
01-14-2012, 04:21 AM
I love no cat. I've been trying to train my own cats to say no, but so far no luck. I've tried pulling their tails, tweaking their ears, yanking out whiskers, but either they like it, or they're too dumb to figure out I'll stop if they say "no". *shrugs*

Nomad
01-14-2012, 08:40 AM
honestly no I do not think we can win. Do I think we can give them a good game, yes if we come out like we did Sunday and play like we did in all aspects of the game. But the TO ratio must be in our favor. OL must protect Tebow so he does not force mistakes. Defense needs to slow Brady down somewhat.

Agree! But you forgot to add BRONCOS need to score more points than the Patriots:D

It would be nice to see the overachieving good guys take one from the whining prima donna

Agree about the overachieving good guys but who's the whining prima donna from the Pats.....Belichick. I would say NE's offense backs up the whining.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-14-2012, 09:08 AM

So what you're saying is, not matter what, the good guys win? I'd love to play Kubes' Texans in the AFCCG. Seeing Elway and Kubes chatting on the sideline before a huge game like that would be pretty special.

artie_dale
01-14-2012, 09:24 AM
They Patriots will win this weekend, but that doesn't take anything away from what the team accomplished this season. (hope I'm wrong)

Good job otherwise, Broncos.

MOtorboat
01-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Logically speaking, there's no reason to think the Patriots won't win.

But nothing logical has happened this year.

denverfaninmass
01-14-2012, 10:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NgHnjBVdB2E

I just noticed this and thought I would share, video with gronkowski of the pats

chazoe60
01-14-2012, 10:11 AM

I just noticed this and thought I would share, video with gronkowski of the pats

Dammit, now that shit was funny!! :laugh::laugh:

"Gronk have eternal boner. Yeah Gronk always boner"

BroncoJoe
01-14-2012, 10:52 AM
The Patriots are a good team, but are they "that" good?

New England's schedule: The Patriots didn't beat a team with a winning record all season. They played only two teams that finished over. 500 — the Giants (9-7) and the Steelers (12-4) — and lost both games.

wayninja
01-14-2012, 11:21 AM

Hahaha, like holding hands with batman while walking on the sun.... LMAO

Nick
01-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I don't think the Pats will win.

Regardless of spread. Broncos win close or lose big. If Pats have the lead they are going to keep coming until the game is over and still throw like crazy 2 scores up.

Confident Tebow does not turn the ball over and McCoy. If we do not turn the ball over we win.