PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey overcome after Broncos’ OT win

rjent
01-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I looked for this and couldn't find it. If it is a repeat, just delete

The two longest-tenured Broncos, the only two players remaining from the last Denver team to win a playoff game, embraced. When they separated, there were tears coming down Bailey’s face.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/01/08/bailey-overcome-after-broncos-ot-win/11699/

You think Champ will show up next weekend ..... I do! :salute:

camdisco24
01-10-2012, 12:25 PM
I cannot put into words how happy I am for Champ! He has meant so much to this organization and I hope we can bring him as far as possible in the playoffs. Great to hear how much that win meant to him.

Mike
01-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Bailey ranks amongst the greatest Broncos ever.

I want the Broncos to do well, obviously because I love the Broncos, but maybe moreso because I want it for Champ. Dude has been nothing but class since he came here.

BigDaddyBronco
01-10-2012, 12:29 PM
It must have been killing him to drop that INT. Big relief to win that game and it not matter. Of course that pass he defended right after the missed INT was huge.

artie_dale
01-10-2012, 12:36 PM
I love it. Champ & D.J. have been pivotal to the team's success. Mile High SALUTES all around.

OrangeHoof
01-10-2012, 12:48 PM
In Houston's locker room, there was a lot of "win one for Andre Johnson" sentiment last Saturday since he had suffered through almost every season in Texans history in hopes of being part of a Texans playoff win.

I think there is a similar "win one for Champ" sentiment within the Broncos locker room.

shank
01-10-2012, 12:51 PM
<3 champ. he's got another year or 2 as a shutdown corner, followed by at least a few years as the leagues best ball-hawking FS.

NightTerror218
01-10-2012, 12:58 PM
<3 champ. he's got another year or 2 as a shutdown corner, followed by at least a few years as the leagues best ball-hawking FS.

Free lancing Safety like Polamalu?

claymore
01-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Bailey ranks amongst the greatest Broncos ever.

I want the Broncos to do well, obviously because I love the Broncos, but maybe moreso because I want it for Champ. Dude has been nothing but class since he came here.

If we could get Champ a ring, it would be pretty special. He is growing on me. :D

BigDaddyBronco
01-10-2012, 01:06 PM
if we could get champ a ring, it would be pretty special. He is growing on me. :d

lol.

Thnikkaman
01-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Bailey was the first Bronco to meet Thomas after the touchdown. He sprinted down the sideline after him when he realized Thomas was going to score.

Here is some great on the ground coverage of the game (http://prod.video.broncos.clubs.nfl.com/DEN/videos/dct/video_audio/2012/01-January/120108_highlights.mp4). (Big file 111Mb).

dogfish
01-10-2012, 01:25 PM
I cannot put into words how happy I am for Champ! He has meant so much to this organization and I hope we can bring him as far as possible in the playoffs. Great to hear how much that win meant to him.

dude would have had a ton of options in free agency, and he signed a deal with no signing bonus to stay in denver instead. . . we're lucky to have him, and its great to see his decision paying off. . . i think it means more to him to help build a contender here than it would to join one somewhere else, and its extremely refreshing to see that kind of dedication in an era where most guys would rather be lebron. . .

broncobryce
01-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Champ is a bronco true and through

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Nick
01-10-2012, 01:35 PM
If anyone deserves a ring it is him.

NightTerror218
01-10-2012, 01:35 PM
I say win this post season for Bailey and Dawkins.

Tned
01-10-2012, 02:53 PM
dude would have had a ton of options in free agency, and he signed a deal with no signing bonus to stay in denver instead. . . we're lucky to have him, and its great to see his decision paying off. . . i think it means more to him to help build a contender here than it would to join one somewhere else, and its extremely refreshing to see that kind of dedication in an era where most guys would rather be lebron. . .

I was thinking about this when I was driving home yesterday. The fact that Bailey really seems to have adopted Denver/Broncos as his home/team, and knowing how much he wants a ring, it was impressive that he resigned with a rebuilding Broncos team rather than going to a competitor.

Fullback32
01-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm happy for him. Hated him when he was with the Foreskins, but glad to have him as a Bronco!

Northman
01-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Special player no doubt, i hope he gets a ring and hope he considers moving to safety. I think he would be outstanding there.

BroncoJoe
01-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Bailey was the first Bronco to meet Thomas after the touchdown. He sprinted down the sideline after him when he realized Thomas was going to score.

Here is some great on the ground coverage of the game (http://prod.video.broncos.clubs.nfl.com/DEN/videos/dct/video_audio/2012/01-January/120108_highlights.mp4). (Big file 111Mb).

My 1Gbps connection at work ate that mofo alive. :)

dogfish
01-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Special player no doubt, i hope he gets a ring and hope he considers moving to safety. I think he would be outstanding there.

earlier this year, he said in an interview with the post that he was open to it when the time was right. . .

:defense:

i imagine that'll be another year or two, as he was still one of the best corners in the league this year-- and more to the point, we have no one to replace him. . . too bad we didn't spend some of the $20+ mil in cap space we're carrying to go hard after jonathon joseph, but it's moot now. . .

IF they want to go out and sign another legit top corner in the next year or two, we could start transitioning champ to a rover role the way green bay has done with charles woodson-- who we've seen can be devastatingly effective in that role. . .