PDA

View Full Version : A Plummer Or An Elway?

OrangeHoof
01-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Now that Tim Tebow has etched his name into Bronco playoff lore, predict his career path as a Bronco...

1) a Jake Plummer with one playoff win but nothing more
2) more playoff appearances but no Super Bowl
3) a Craig Morton with one Super Bowl but no rings
4) a John Elway with multiple Super Bowls and possible rings.

BroncoTech
01-10-2012, 03:58 AM
I don't think he'll see more superbowls than Elway and doesn't have that arm. He is starting out faster than Elway and and is just as raw as Elway looked with the same number of starts. Both Elway and Tebow showed tremendous upside early in their careers. Poor plummer didn't even sniff a playoff until his later years.

I think a young Elway would have wanted Tebow's fresh legs and knees. I think Tebow would like to have the Elway's big gun. Tebow tends to throw longer passes and ignores the check downs so far in his career. I look forward to seeing what Tebow can do with a proper off season with some experience under his belt.

claymore
01-10-2012, 07:24 AM
I dont want to disrespect Tebow by comparing him to Plummer. Until I see him win under normal circumstances, without miracles and on a consistant basis Im not sold.

If he somehow continues to win with Miracles alone I will have to get on board at some point too.

MileHighCrew
01-10-2012, 08:15 AM
I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Jsteve01
01-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Sunday wasn't really a miracle clay

TXBRONC
01-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Now that Tim Tebow has etched his name into Bronco playoff lore, predict his career path as a Bronco...

Hoof I'm just going to tell you this because if I don't someone else will. Plummer has two career playoff wins. :behindsofa:

Chef Zambini
01-10-2012, 08:28 AM
last sunday was easily tebows best game as an NFL QB! no miracles.
No hollywood sequence of implausable events, no GIFTS from stoopid opponents, no pixy dust,unicorns, rainbows or hocus pocus.
TEBOW and our broncos won on SKILL and EFFORT!

His determination reminds me of PLUMMER.

I enjoyed just hearing the name craig morton, But I cant think of ANY similarities.
and I will be honest some of TEBOWS throws remind me of ELWAY...
if HE tried to throw the ball left handed.
our TIMMY is unique, I wish there was more footage of bobby douglas, most say he compares to him !

Chef Zambini
01-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Hoof I'm just going to tell you this because if I don't someone else will. Plummer has two career playoff wins. :behindsofa:

correctomundo, 1 as a bronco, and 1 as a card.

TXBRONC
01-10-2012, 08:32 AM
I dont want to disrespect Tebow by comparing him to Plummer. Until I see him win under normal circumstances, without miracles and on a consistant basis Im not sold.

If he somehow continues to win with Miracles alone I will have to get on board at some point too.

Clay I think Jsteve is right. Miraculous is immaculate deflection. This win is more like the right play at the right time.

claymore
01-10-2012, 09:07 AM

The 80 yard TD was a miracle. The rest was an anomaly. I hope we can come to count on a 30 per average completion percentage, but I doubt it.

Granted, there were some things that went in the Steelers favor as well.

Every Tebow win is an instant classic. Thats my problem. I just dont think its sustainable. And... I dont want to get my hopes up.

Chef Zambini
01-10-2012, 09:16 AM
I think you meant 30 yards per completion , not %.

Mike
01-10-2012, 09:30 AM
I need to see more.

Chef Zambini
01-10-2012, 09:41 AM
I need to see more.have you tried corrective lenses?
I am not sold on TEBOW as a legitimate NFL QB but I am enjoying the test drive.
At this point I cant see us making a move for RG III but perhaps kellen moore can continue to be a bronco in the rocky mountains.

vandammage13
01-10-2012, 09:41 AM

Your vote will be proven wrong this Saturday.

claymore
01-10-2012, 09:42 AM
I think you meant 30 yards per completion , not %.

Yes.

claymore
01-10-2012, 09:42 AM

Good.

PatriotsGuy
01-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Good.

Want to come over to my place and watch the game?

Chef Zambini
01-10-2012, 09:44 AM
The 80 yard TD was a miracle. The rest was an anomaly. I hope we can come to count on a 30 per average completion percentage, but I doubt it.

Granted, there were some things that went in the Steelers favor as well.

Every Tebow win is an instant classic. Thats my problem. I just dont think its sustainable. And... I dont want to get my hopes up.
clay that was no miracle, it was a great play call, a solid pass, nice catch, OUTSTANDING stiff arm, (i yelled "touchdown" the moment he did it,) and knew he would not be denied from reaching the end-zone !
No miracle, just a great play and effort !

claymore
01-10-2012, 09:45 AM

Good.

Im pretty sure im right about Tebow. There isnt even a little doubt. I will completley admit I am wrong if he can consistentley win.

He is all over the map though.

Mike
01-10-2012, 09:46 AM
clay that was no miracle, it was a great play call, a solid pass, nice catch, OUTSTAMDING stiff arm, (i yekked "touchdown" the moment he did it, and knew he would not be denied from reaching the end-zone !

That safety kept creaping into the box often. I kept thinking that they needed to allow Tebow to have an audible that took advantage of it. It was there all game and it wasn't an accident or fluke that it happened. Tebow was just on this game.

claymore
01-10-2012, 09:47 AM
clay that was no miracle, it was a great play call, a solid pass, nice catch, OUTSTAMDING stiff arm, (i yekked "touchdown" the moment he did it, and knew he would not be denied from reaching the end-zone !

Any 80 yard TD on the first play of OT is a miracle. If it was playcalling and execution it would be our #1 play in the playbook. We would score 10 80 yard TD's a game.

I also think that Pitt had some miracles in their corner. Like the bad lateral/fumble thing.

claymore
01-10-2012, 09:47 AM
That safety kept creaping into the box often. I kept thinking that they needed to allow Tebow to have an audible that took advantage of it. It was there all game and it wasn't an accident or fluke that it happened. Tebow was just on this game.

If it was there all game Im pissed we didnt do it sooner.

claymore
01-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Want to come over to my place and watch the game?

Lets skype during the game!

Mike
01-10-2012, 09:51 AM
If it was there all game Im pissed we didnt do it sooner.

There was a lot there. It takes McCoy a while to figure things out. I am just glad he did. Overall a much better called game for him though. I am sure some of that had to do with Tebow's play.

PatriotsGuy
01-10-2012, 09:51 AM
On every Denver first down in that game I kept yelling "play action" and then in OT I turned to my wife and said "FINALLY!"

Thnikkaman
01-10-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't think he'll see more superbowls than Elway and doesn't have that arm. He is starting out faster than Elway and and is just as raw as Elway looked with the same number of starts. Both Elway and Tebow showed tremendous upside early in their careers. Poor plummer didn't even sniff a playoff until his later years.

I think a young Elway would have wanted Tebow's fresh legs and knees. I think Tebow would like to have the Elway's big gun. Tebow tends to throw longer passes and ignores the check downs so far in his career. I look forward to seeing what Tebow can do with a proper off season with some experience under his belt.

Um Jake Plummer helped the Cardinals end their playoff drought in his 3rd or 4th season if I remember correctly.

PatriotsGuy
Lets skype during the game!

That sounds like so much fun :eek:

Mike
On every Denver first down in that game I kept yelling "play action" and then in OT I turned to my wife and said "FINALLY!"

Playaction or screen. Both should have been used more on first down.

claymore
01-10-2012, 09:53 AM
There was a lot there. It takes McCoy a while to figure things out. I am just glad he did. Overall a much better called game for him though. I am sure some of that had to do with Tebow's play.

He called a good game. In fairness, Tebow executed. I was proud of him.

I hope it builds some confidence in our passing game. We are going to need to score points fast this weekend.

slim
01-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Any 80 yard TD on the first play of OT is a miracle. If it was playcalling and execution it would be our #1 play in the playbook. We would score 10 80 yard TD's a game.

I also think that Pitt had some miracles in their corner. Like the bad lateral/fumble thing.

I guess you missed all of the other big pass plays. :noidea:

Maybe try and use the restroom during commercials next time.

vandammage13
01-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Im pretty sure im right about Tebow. There isnt even a little doubt. I will completley admit I am wrong if he can consistentley win.

He is all over the map though.

Just a hypothetical here, just for the sake of discussion....

Lets say the Broncos make it to the Superbowl with TT playing the same way he has been all year (low completion %, occasional big play)...Broncos go on to lose the game, but we got to the big game with TT at QB.

Will that be enough to remove some of the doubt?...Just wondering how much winning it will take for you to be sold on at least giving Tebow 2 more years to see if we can make it work.

(Not saying your concerns aren't warranted, just wondering what it would take for you to change your view.)

vandammage13
01-10-2012, 09:57 AM

It was not a miracle...It was a play that had been set up all day by us running on 22/23 first downs.

Good timely playcall, great execution.

claymore
01-10-2012, 10:10 AM
I guess you missed all of the other big pass plays. :noidea:

Maybe try and use the restroom during commercials next time.

So do you expect to see those on a regular basis?

Northman
01-10-2012, 10:11 AM

Lets say the Broncos make it to the Superbowl with TT playing the same way he has been all year (low completion %, occasional big play)...Broncos go on to lose the game, but we got to the big game with TT at QB.

Will that be enough to remove some of the doubt?...Just wondering how much winning it will take for you to be sold on at least giving Tebow 2 more years to see if we can make it work.

(Not saying your concerns aren't warranted, just wondering what it would take for you to change your view.)

Personally, as far as consistency goes i agree with Clay. Im enjoying the ride but i still need to see more from Tim and him being consistent as a passer. If we make the Super Bowl i will be happy but i wont buy as much into it if he is still playing the same way. Ive said it before i think its very possible to win 1 SB with Tebow depending on what the rest of the team does around him (ala 2000 Ravens, etc). But in the grand scheme of things i want to be going to 3-4 SB's in a decade like the Pats. For me really, the best way i can explain it is how Colin Cowherd explains it and that is Tim Tebow just isnt my type of QB or the type of QB i personally like. I dont like run heavy QB's, never have. I would take (even now) the Elways, Brees, Bradys, Mannings, every day until Tuesday over the Tebows, Vicks, V. Youngs, etc.

Doesnt mean that Tebow cant win me over its just going to take more than a handful of wins. Im perfectly fine with him being the starter next year but what happens if doesnt improve as a passer and we dont make the playoffs? Im just worried there will be a line of excuses if we dont. Hopefully, he will prove my theory wrong and improve quite a bit but for now i have the same stance as Mike and Clay. Just need more time as right now it just seems like a special season and not the beginning of a legacy to me. IMO

claymore
01-10-2012, 10:13 AM

(Not saying your concerns aren't warranted, just wondering what it would take for you to change your view.)It would take a couple years of winning with this style. I just cant buy into winning every game in some weird dramatic fashion. Id like to see us dominate someone.

It was not a miracle...It was a play that had been set up all day by us running on 22/23 first downs.

Good timely playcall, great execution.
If it wasnt a miracle, it was a very, very low percentage chance that the first play would be from an illegal formation, and be an 80 yard TD to win in OT, and not be called back.

It doesnt get much more strange than that.

PatriotsGuy
01-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Against the New England secondary quite possibly :lol:

slim
01-10-2012, 10:20 AM

It depends on the defense.

They were consistent with it yesterday. The defense moved the safeties down and put all the pressure on their corners. DT absolutely abused Ike Taylor yesterday....schooled him. The defense dared them to throw it deep, and the Broncos executed. There is nothing lucky about that.

A few weeks ago you told me that Denver was lucky to beat Chicago....that Barber fumbling was luck and the only reason Denver won. The truth of the matter is, Pit was lucky to be in that game yesterday. The non-call on the lateral, the dropped int by Bailey, the fumble by McGahee at the worst possible time, the face mask penalties that weren't called....Pit was lucky to keep it close. That is a fact.

vandammage13
01-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Personally, as far as consistency goes i agree with Clay. Im enjoying the ride but i still need to see more from Tim and him being consistent as a passer. If we make the Super Bowl i will be happy but i wont buy as much into it if he is still playing the same way. Ive said it before i think its very possible to win 1 SB with Tebow depending on what the rest of the team does around him (ala 2000 Ravens, etc). But in the grand scheme of things i want to be going to 3-4 SB's in a decade like the Pats. For me really, the best way i can explain it is how Colin Cowherd explains it and that is Tim Tebow just isnt my type of QB or the type of QB i personally like. I dont like run heavy QB's, never have. I would take (even now) the Elways, Brees, Bradys, Mannings, every day until Tuesday over the Tebows, Vicks, V. Youngs, etc.

Doesnt mean that Tebow cant win me over its just going to take more than a handful of wins. Im perfectly fine with him being the starter next year but what happens if doesnt improve as a passer and we dont make the playoffs? Im just worried there will be a line of excuses if we dont. Hopefully, he will prove my theory wrong and improve quite a bit but for now i have the same stance as Mike and Clay. Just need more time as right now it just seems like a special season and not the beginning of a legacy to me. IMO

I would rather have an Elway, Brees, Brady, or Manning as my QB as well...Problem is that those guys don't exactly grow on trees.

Tebow is what we have, and I'm happy with it because we're winning. For every pocket precision passer like those guys listed above, I can list 5 times as many who have the tools but can't win.

Sometimes hard work, will, and determination can trump talent.

Northman
01-10-2012, 10:23 AM
I would rather have an Elway, Brees, Brady, or Manning as my QB as well...Problem is that those guys don't exactly grow on trees.

Tebow is what we have, and I'm happy with it because we're winning. For every pocket precision passer like those guys listed above, I can list 5 times as many who have the tools but can't win.

Sometimes hard work, will, and determination can trump talent.

Cant argue with that but at the end of the day i would still want that type of mold of QB. Like i said, its going to take much more right now from Tim to prove me wrong or make me a longtime believer. Ill enjoy it for as long as we keep winning ballgames but if the magic juice runs out than we will be stuck once again looking for a legitimate QB. Hopefully Tebow proves me wrong and shows me he can be the longterm guy.

Chef Zambini
01-10-2012, 10:24 AM
the win against the steekers was easily tebows BEST as an NFL PASSER.
yet he only completed 10 passes, less than half the ones he threw !
Doubters have every right to be doubtful.
and enthusiasts have every right to be enthusiastic.
POLARIZING, look it up in your funk and wagnal there is a great picture of TEBOW.

Chef Zambini
01-10-2012, 10:25 AM

They were consistent with it yesterday. The defense moved the safeties down and put all the pressure on their corners. DT absolutely abused Ike Taylor yesterday....schooled him. The defense dared them to throw it deep, and the Broncos executed. There is nothing lucky about that.

A few weeks ago you told me that Denver was lucky to beat Chicago....that Barber fumbling was luck and the only reason Denver won. The truth of the matter is, Pit was lucky to be in that game yesterday. The non-call on the lateral, the dropped int by Bailey, the fumble by McGahee at the worst possible time, the face mask penalties that weren't called....Pit was lucky to keep it close. That is a fact.
BINGO, unable to salute for some reason.

vandammage13
01-10-2012, 10:26 AM
It would take a couple years of winning with this style. I just cant buy into winning every game in some weird dramatic fashion. Id like to see us dominate someone.

I can respect that view...If we make the playoffs again playing this same way, I think everyone will just have to accept that Tebow's style of play is viable.

If it wasnt a miracle, it was a very, very low percentage chance that the first play would be from an illegal formation, and be an 80 yard TD to win in OT, and not be called back.

It doesnt get much more strange than that.

Yeah, the odds of your first play going for an 80 yard TD are low, but it doesn't take away that it was a perfect play call and perfect execution.

It wasn't like it was a tipped pass, hail mary, or 5 missed tackles on the play. There wasn't really anything miraculous like that in that play. KO's tipped pass to Stokely a couple years ago would classify as a miracle.

As for the "illegal formation"...that's just grasping at straws. That had no effect on the play whatsoever.

claymore
01-10-2012, 10:27 AM

Agreed. I was glad to get some of our "Game karma" or whatever you call it back.

If Tebow is to be good/great, and the QB of our future, he needs to continue to do what he did Sunday.

He did everything right, I cant do anything but pat him on the back.

If he gets to the point where the opposing defnese respects him as a QB, we will become a very, very good team.

I want to see that. I really really do. I dont want to worry about drafting a QB.

Northman
01-10-2012, 10:28 AM
the win against the steekers was easily tebows BEST as an NFL PASSER.
yet he only completed 10 passes, less than half the ones he threw !
Doubters have every right to be doubtful.
and enthusiasts have every right to be enthusiastic.
POLARIZING, look it up in your funk and wagnal there is a great picture of TEBOW.

Well, i kind of hate the term polarizing but i know what you mean. At least when im talking about my own outlook on Teebs. I dont hate the kid, in fact i was telling Missy last night that its really amazing how even if you took the football aspect out of it that players around the league just love Tim as a human being. I really dont know how people can straight up hate the kid yet i hear people around Bmore say that shit. I have concerns about whether he can be consistent but i dont doubt his fire, determination, or sincerity as a human being. If i had a daughter i would want her to marry this guy just because what he stands for in his life. I have no doubt that even if Tim doesnt make it as a player he will do some special things in his life because on that level he already touches so many people in other ways.

claymore
01-10-2012, 10:30 AM
I can respect that view...If we make the playoffs again playing this same way, I think everyone will just have to accept that Tebow's style of play is viable.

Yeah, the odds of your first play going for an 80 yard TD are low, but it doesn't take away that it was a perfect play call and perfect execution.

It wasn't like it was a tipped pass, hail mary, or 5 missed tackles on the play. There wasn't really anything miraculous like that in that play. KO's tipped pass to Stokely a couple years ago would classify as a miracle.

As for the "illegal formation"...that's just grasping at straws. That had no effect on the play whatsoever.

Miracle might be a poor choice of words, but its a low percentage happening none the less. One that was executed to flawless perfection etc...

Chef Zambini
01-10-2012, 10:34 AM
... i dont EXPECT ANY great passes from TT so when they do occur, I am elated !
I did not expect more than 6 wins this season so I am enjoying all the extra gravy and icing !
(they really help me choke down my crow)
would I prefer RG III or even kelen moore, absolutely.
But for now the #15 has always been my lucky number and I like what timmy is doing with it !

It may just be a hot air balloon ride, but I intend to enjoy every moment of it while it lasts.

slim
01-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Agreed. I was glad to get some of our "Game karma" or whatever you call it back.

If Tebow is to be good/great, and the QB of our future, he needs to continue to do what he did Sunday.

He did everything right, I cant do anything but pat him on the back.

If he gets to the point where the opposing defnese respects him as a QB, we will become a very, very good team.

I want to see that. I really really do. I dont want to worry about drafting a QB.

He needs to be more consistent, I won't argue that at all. But I think he has shown he is capable. My hope is that consistency will come with more experience and hard work. But that is just hope.

It will be interesting to see how the Pats approach this game. I think Denver will run it down their throats (again). If we don't hand them three fumbles again, it should be a fairly close game.

Chef Zambini
01-10-2012, 10:38 AM
I hope the wind is blowing in new england on saturday night !
30 MPH would suit me fine !

PatriotsGuy
01-10-2012, 10:39 AM
I hope the wind is blowing in new england on saturday night !
30 MPH would suit me fine !

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Foxboro+MA+02035

vandammage13
01-10-2012, 10:45 AM
would I prefer RG III or even kelen moore, absolutely.

My problem with RG III is the fact that they play absolutely no defense in the Big 12...It makes it hard to really judge their production.

I mean what good QB is in the NFL right now that came from the Big 12? Josh Freeman? Sam Bradford? Colt McCoy? Blaine Gabbert?

You might could argue that Freeman and Bradford have a shot to be good, but none of those guys have done anything in the NFL so far. These QB's get over inflated stats playing in the Big 12 and I think it inflates their draft status.

I could be wrong about RGIII, but I think at best he's just a servicable starter.

I think Kellen Moore has an outside shot because of the way the rules for the passing game are set up now, but I would't bet on him either.

claymore
01-10-2012, 10:54 AM
He needs to be more consistent, I won't argue that at all. But I think he has shown he is capable. My hope is that consistency will come with more experience and hard work. But that is just hope.

It will be interesting to see how the Pats approach this game. I think Denver will run it down their throats (again). If we don't hand them three fumbles again, it should be a fairly close game.

Agreed. And the fumbles have been ridiculous. Hopefully we got it out of our system.

Mike
01-10-2012, 10:55 AM

I was ready to move in a different direction after seeing his play against Buff and KC. His hesitation and lack of confidence in his ability was an absolute show stopper.

I agree that the ability is there. But the consistency is the key. And it is largely why I am again in the wait and see seat again. I want him to be the guy, but the stink of Buff and KC is still in my nose. A solid game against NE will go a long ways...win or lose.

Mike
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Agreed. And the fumbles have been ridiculous. Hopefully we got it out of our system.

I was ready to throw my remote against the wall after McGahee fumbled the second time. They have to get that crap fixed.

slim
01-10-2012, 11:03 AM
I was ready to move in a different direction after seeing his play against Buff and KC. His hesitation and lack of confidence in his ability was an absolute show stopper.

I agree that the ability is there. But the consistency is the key. And it is largely why I am again in the wait and see seat again. I want him to be the guy, but the stink of Buff and KC is still in my nose. A solid game against NE will go a long ways...win or lose.

Yeah, those games were tough to watch. But you can't write-off a player after two bad games, especially a young QB that is still developing...and when you consider that he was showing great progress leading up to the Buffalo game. I mean, go back and compare the Mia and Det games to the NE game....the difference was night and day.

The bottom line (at least for me) is that he showed progress throughout the year. Sure, he had a few setbacks along the way, but he has shown me that he can (and I believe will) get better.

BigDaddyBronco
01-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Hey Clay, Tebow has as many playoff wins as your hero Cutler. How bout them apples.

iLands
01-10-2012, 11:05 AM
I'd hate to be the rest of the AFC West after this kid has a full off season with Elway.

Really.

I don't think they could take it :D

claymore
01-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Hey Clay, Tebow has as many playoff wins as your hero Cutler. How bout them apples.

Trent Dilfer is a SB winning QB so that means he's better than marino. BFD. :D

BigDaddyBronco
01-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Just to quantify my thoughts that Tebow will have several playoff wins but no Super Bowl. I think to get to a SB you either need to be good and have some luck, have a Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers type of QB with good targets, or be a solid dynasty type team. I don't think Tebow will ever be an Aaron Rodgers type QB, and we have way to many holes at this point to be a dynasty team, so we can be good and lucky and make it to a SB. Good and lucky would be the Atlanta Falcons in 1999, the Titans against the Rams (both teams), or the Raiders against Tampa Bay a few years later. That could happen, but even then the chances are slim.
Tebow could be a Steve McNair type, but a better leader, and more clutch and I would be hapy with that as long as we won more than lost and had a chance in the playoffs. The chances of getting a Dree Brees isn't very good, and we shouldn't be holding our collective breath waiting for one, it might be 10 years from now or 20.

Day1BroncoFan
01-10-2012, 11:29 AM
I didn't vote cause nothin fit my view in the options. I am in the wait and see crowd.

I don't care what his style is as long as he can be consistantly good. I know everyone has bad days but overall he needs to be improved. I think next year will be the year we find out who Tebow really is.

That last play was no miracle, it was a hell of a play call and perfectly executed. Putzburgh fell for it hook line and sinker.

claymore
01-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Lets change it from "miracle" to "out of the ordinary".

slim
01-10-2012, 11:45 AM
It was just a big play....they happen all the time.

Army Bronco
01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
I always think our QBs will take us to multiple SBs. Maybe its wishful thinking. All except for Griese and Bubby. Seriously though, everyboody on the Steelers Defense played the run on that play. We were usually running on 1st down every time. They crashed down, safetys made a point to come down and stop the read option and Tebow made a great play fake and pass. When defenses start respecting his pass abilities they will play more honest and not stack the box as much which will open our run. As long as he can pass, we will be able to run. Sounds like a championship recipe to me. How many sacks did Tebow avoid on his own skill alone in this game? At least 2 or 3. I think we just need to finish building the rest of the team to include a decent TE and we are money!

TXBRONC
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM
He called a good game. In fairness, Tebow executed. I was proud of him.

I hope it builds some confidence in our passing game. We are going to need to score points fast this weekend.

I don't know about scoring fast but long sustain drives would certainly be beneficial.

claymore
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't know about scoring fast but long sustain drives would certainly be beneficial.

Lets compromise and say long scoring drives!

TXBRONC
01-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Lets compromise and say long scoring drives!

Works for me. :beer:

NightTerror218
01-10-2012, 01:19 PM
too early in his career to tell. But I think he will have more then 1 playoff win in career. He could be a Kelly/Marino and never win the big game though.

Watchthemiddle
01-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Tebow already (in one appearance) has MORE playoff wins than ...Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer, Vince Young, Matt Cassell, Matthew Stafford, and Andy Dalton.

He is already tied with the overhyped Romo and Cutler with 1 playoff win each.

I think he is on a great start in his young career.

Cugel
01-10-2012, 01:35 PM

How the hell is anybody supposed to know at this point? Aside from ultra-HYPE that is.

Can Tebow continue to improve his passing accuracy? He's certainly going to try during the off-season.

Can the Broncos continue to build around him and get more talent? Having the #26 pick of the draft isn't going to help. They might have prematurely gotten back to the playoffs. Their long-term success might have been better served by losing most of their games this year.

Not that I like to watch them lose. But, the higher draft picks this year have worked out (especially Von Miller). You're not getting a Von Miller with the #26 pick of the draft or something.

Remember that Elway lost 3 SBs because his team-mates weren't good enough, and only won 2 when he got Hall of Fame players like Gary Zimmerman, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe and perennial pro-bowler caliber players like Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey, Neil Smith, Steve Atwater, etc.

This current team does not have remotely that kind of talent yet. There's hardly a position where the current Broncos have a better player than the 1997-1998 Broncos -- except CB where Champ Bailey is better than Ray Crockett or Darien Gordon were.

Fullback32
01-10-2012, 02:33 PM
I see no mention of Brian Griese in your poll. What's up with that? :D

If Elway decides that they are going with Tebow and does not take a QB, then they will have to do something about the backup QB position. Brady Quinn is not the man to run this offense in a Tebow outtage nor is any other normal NFL "pro-style" QB. Don't know who will be out there, but even though Vince Young isn't all that, he might not be a bad choice to back up Tebow if the She-gals let him go. If they take a young QB in the 2nd or 3rd, I wouldn't want that person to be the guy to go in if Tebow went down.

OrangeHoof
01-10-2012, 02:34 PM

What part of "as a Bronco" did you not understand? Further, Craig Morton also had a SB appearance as a Cowboy before he was a Bronco. I was speaking about career path as a Bronco, as I stated in my OP.

OrangeHoof
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
How the hell is anybody supposed to know at this point?

You can't. Nobody can which was part of the reason I did the poll. If you can know, I'd expect full agreement which would make for a boring poll.

Thanks for supplying the correct answer.

Personally, I don't think he'll ever match Elway and he may not even come remotely close but he seems to win with some sort of spiritual connection so nothing's impossible.

I suspect if Tebow won a Super Bowl or two at an early age, I could easily see him retiring and becoming a missionary once he felt there was nothing left in football to prove.

Flaming Horsehead
01-10-2012, 04:05 PM
I chose the Elway option. I beleive that Tebow is off on the right track and is CAPABLE of getting to a few Super Bowls. Will he get there or not is to be determined of course.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Regardless of everything else, Tebow has the work ethic, broad shoulders, and drive to work himself to greatness.

I have to believe that a guy who has the type of commitment he does will be a success.

wayninja
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Tebow's performance against a really good Steelers defense in a playoff game cemented it for me. The guy is good. He just needs to be good more consistently and I'm very confident he can be.

Medford Bronco
01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
I see no mention of Brian Griese in your poll. What's up with that? :D

If Elway decides that they are going with Tebow and does not take a QB, then they will have to do something about the backup QB position. Brady Quinn is not the man to run this offense in a Tebow outtage nor is any other normal NFL "pro-style" QB. Don't know who will be out there, but even though Vince Young isn't all that, he might not be a bad choice to back up Tebow if the She-gals let him go. If they take a young QB in the 2nd or 3rd, I wouldn't want that person to be the guy to go in if Tebow went down.

You mean he is going to trip on his dog some night and then get hurt falling :lol:

Fullback32
01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
You mean he is going to trip on his dog some night and then get hurt falling :lol:

Exactly!!!! :D