PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, Allen to meet with Rams.

Northman
01-09-2012, 11:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/broncos-coordinator-allen-to-meet-with-rams/

Well, here’s an unexpected development in the Rams head coaching search. They are interviewing someone else other than Jeff Fisher.

The Rams will interview Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen (https://twitter.com/#%21/jthom1/status/156552924598779904) for their head coaching job on Thursday, according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

chazoe60
01-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Stay away from our guy you vultures.

We need some stability at DC.

Dzone
01-10-2012, 12:04 AM
They shouldnt be interviewing him during playoff week. Thats bs

DenBronx
01-10-2012, 12:05 AM
No no no no no.....just NO!!

Go hire the Fish but keep away from us St Louis.

Where's sneakers no no no no cat when you need him?

Davii
01-10-2012, 12:05 AM
IF DA takes the job we should hire Mcd back away from the pats to be our D coordinator... Dude knows how to shut down an offense. Lol

DenBronx
01-10-2012, 12:06 AM
They shouldnt be interviewing him during playoff week. Thats bs

My thoughts exactlly and I hope Allen declines the interview until after the season is over. I remember the Saints DC decliner our offer last season while the season was still going on, said he wanted to wait. Well come on Allen....put the team first!

TimHippo
01-10-2012, 12:10 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/broncos-coordinator-allen-to-meet-with-rams/

I bet Belicheck and McDaniels are behind this.

camdisco24
01-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Now that would suck... Allen has been a huge addition to the coaching staff. I would hate to see him be one and done. Seriously doubt that would happen though.

DenBronx
01-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Allen should sit....I think it's too early for him. Keep job stability and just request a pay raise. I'm sure Denver will gladly increase his pay to keep his mind off of it for awhile.

tomjonesrocks
01-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Gag.....he's done a great job.

Fortunately he probably isn't the front runner...

MileHighCrew
01-10-2012, 08:09 AM
hope he is a horrible interview

Jsteve01
01-10-2012, 08:20 AM
hope he is a horrible interview

I doubt it. After hearing him talk this year I found him to be witty intelligent and charismatic ....basically the anti mcd

SOCALORADO.
01-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Great. Just great.
DEN finally gets a solid coordinator, and hes already interviewing for another job.
The FO needs to do whatever it takes to keep him in DEN.
Man, i wish the shitbird lambs would just hire Fisher and be frickn done with it.

Sinthor
01-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Denver needs to do whatever's necessary to keep DA. At least one more year if not longer. McCoy too. Consistency is huge right now, especially on offense. I can't see either getting the job right now though. Let's hope not!

Chef Zambini
01-10-2012, 09:23 AM
I will be very dissapointed in ALLEN if he takes time out to do an interview THIS week !
its BS !
the dude has a game to concentrate on ! show some class and respect for your current team ALLEN and HONOR your rersponsability to the BRONCOS and the PLAYERS who expect your devotion and commitment, exactly what YOU are asking from THEM !
if allen leaves town to interview I have little rtespect for him!
Besides, its just window dressing from the rams anyway to show FISHER that they are not desperate ! FISHER is the guy they want !
again, allen should be FOCUSED on the pats, not polishing his resume and speaking skills.

Chef Zambini
01-10-2012, 09:25 AM
both mccoy and allen should tell other teams to piss off until our season is over !

Thnikkaman
01-10-2012, 09:30 AM
No no no no no.....just NO!!

Go hire the Fish but keep away from us St Louis.

Where's sneakers no no no no cat when you need him?

iIBrutiKbUY

BroncoWave
01-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Those hoping we do whatever it takes to keep him don't count on it. Andrew Mason said the reason we are letting him interview this week is because Fox always supports his assistants advancing in their careers and has never tried to block it. He said it's why he's always been able to attract good assistants.

Buff
01-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Those hoping we do whatever it takes to keep him don't count on it. Andrew Mason said the reason we are letting him interview this week is because Fox always supports his assistants advancing in their careers and has never tried to block it. He said it's why he's always been able to attract good assistants.

Obviously any good employer is going to let their employee explore a promotion with another company... The issue is the timing - but it's not really Allen or Fox's fault - it's the nature of the game. Teams are trying to hire a new coach as fast as possible and if they wait a couple weeks coaches will miss out on their opportunity...

Much like McD switching teams during the playoffs, this is just one more reason they ought to have a formal coach hiring period like they do with player free agency.

Jsteve01
01-10-2012, 11:26 AM
can't sign players during the playoffs why should coaches be any different?

tomjonesrocks
01-10-2012, 11:27 AM
both mccoy and allen should tell other teams to piss off until our season is over !

I agree. The Broncos are already underdogs. Between this and McDaniels on the opposing sideline (a crock of shit) there's a lot of distractions. The way Belicheck likes it.

Ravage!!!
01-10-2012, 11:31 AM
THere are new NFL rules this year for having players practice anyway.... so I feel confident that he will have the time to make a day plane trip without interfering with his job.

Ravage!!!
01-10-2012, 11:32 AM
can't sign players during the playoffs why should coaches be any different?

Because they aren't players....

slim
01-10-2012, 11:32 AM
THere are new NFL rules this year for having players practice anyway.... so I feel confident that he will have the time to make a day plane trip without interfering with his job.

At minimum, Ram officials should fly to Denver.

Ravage!!!
01-10-2012, 11:33 AM
At minimum, Ram officials should fly to Denver.

Does your employer come to your home to interview you for jobs?

slim
01-10-2012, 11:40 AM

It's common in the NFL (I think you know that) for team officials to travel when interviewing coaches that are currently in the playoffs.

Just look at Bowlen's/Ellis' trip to NE a few years ago. It is kind of the industry standard.

I don't think he should interview for the position at all, but I would be REALLY disappointed if he took an entire day to fly to STL for the interview.

claymore
01-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Obviously any good employer is going to let their employee explore a promotion with another company... The issue is the timing - but it's not really Allen or Fox's fault - it's the nature of the game. Teams are trying to hire a new coach as fast as possible and if they wait a couple weeks coaches will miss out on their opportunity...

Much like McD switching teams during the playoffs, this is just one more reason they ought to have a formal coach hiring period like they do with player free agency.

Agreed. Think of how much of a distraction it would be if Champ Bailey was in contract negotiations with his next team during a playoff run.

Shazam!
01-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Not too concerned. It's gonna be Fisher's job IMO.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Would absolutely hate to lose Allen, he's done a wonderful job with our D. And yeah, like others have said, during the playoffs? Surely they could have waited a few more weeks until after we win the SB.

Ravage!!!
01-10-2012, 12:05 PM
It's common in the NFL (I think you know that) for team officials to travel when interviewing coaches that are currently in the playoffs.

Just look at Bowlen's/Ellis' trip to NE a few years ago. It is kind of the industry standard.

I don't think he should interview for the position at all, but I would be REALLY disappointed if he took an entire day to fly to STL for the interview.

all good points. :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2012, 12:16 PM

The Denver Post article stated that both McCoy and Allen can interview Thursday afternoon. In regards to Allen, I read an article which stated that the first step in Fisher interviewing, was to meet with Stan Kroenke in Denver, as Kroenke lives in Denver.

Also, found this: Looks like Allen is the Rams plan B, in case Fisher goes to Miami

Rams await Fisher's decision, will interview Broncos DC Allen

With the St. Louis Rams' courtship of former Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher complete, the team is left to wait on his final decision.

Kevin Demoff, the Rams' chief operating officer and executive vice president of football operations, said the team was optimistic about its chances with Fisher after spending nearly four hours with him Sunday in St. Louis.

But Demoff held onto the possibility that Fisher might opt to coach the Miami Dolphins, the other team vying for his services. In fact, the Rams will interview first-year Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen this week, a league source told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825dd673/article/rams-await-fishers-decision-will-interview-broncos-dc-allen?module=HP11_headline_stack

slim
01-10-2012, 12:25 PM
The Denver Post article stated that both McCoy and Allen can interview Thursday afternoon. In regards to Allen, I read an article which stated that the first step in Fisher interviewing, was to meet with Stan Kroenke in Denver, as Kroenke lives in Denver.

Also, found this: Looks like Allen is the Rams plan B, in case Fisher goes to Miami
[B]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825dd673/article/rams-await-fishers-decision-will-interview-broncos-dc-allen?module=HP11_headline_stack

Hopefully Fisher will accept and that will be the end of it. Of course, I wonder how much time Allen has spent this week already...just preparing for the interview.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Hopefully Fisher will accept and that will be the end of it. Of course, I wonder how much time Allen has spent this week already...just preparing for the interview.

The one good thing is that we are playing a team we just played a few weeks ago, which, I would assume, makes the preparation easier than if it were a team we had not played this season.

NightTerror218
01-10-2012, 12:59 PM
crap

dogfish
01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
The one good thing is that we are playing a team we just played a few weeks ago, which, I would assume, makes the preparation easier than if it were a team we had not played this season.

given how well our defense played against that team, i'm afraid they need to start from scratch. . . .

Ravage!!!
01-10-2012, 01:11 PM
When Brady puts up a large amount of yardage on our defense, as he does on EVERY defense, I hope people around here aren't silly enough to blame this talk about interviews on the coach...believing he wasn't "prepared."

Fullback32
01-10-2012, 01:37 PM
This is nothing new. Happens every year to some team. Wade Phillips is being interviewed on Friday for the Bucs job. Players won't be around and it's basically an off day for the Texans. I'm not sure with the short week if the same is true on Thursday for the Broncos though. It sucks that the Broncos are given a Saturday Night game in the playoffs when they just played on Sunday. No team should be on a short week during the playoffs.

broncosfannum24
01-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Dont get to worried if he leaves, the defense will be good cause fox is a defensive genius, and has had numerous top 10 defenses in carolina, we ll be fine nothing to worry, and even if he does leave good!

Anyone that heart doesnt lie with us and this broncos family then we never needed them

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I doubt it. After hearing him talk this year I found him to be witty intelligent and charismatic ....basically the anti mcd

Did you see him congratulate DT after the game on Sunday during the post game locker room celebration? Ice cold, all business... DA is a beast. I really hope we keep him and groom him to replace Fox when he retires (after a couple Superbowls of course).

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2012, 04:47 PM
This is nothing new. Happens every year to some team. Wade Phillips is being interviewed on Friday for the Bucs job. Players won't be around and it's basically an off day for the Texans. I'm not sure with the short week if the same is true on Thursday for the Broncos though. It sucks that the Broncos are given a Saturday Night game in the playoffs when they just played on Sunday. No team should be on a short week during the playoffs.

Thursday is the team travel to NE day anyway. As Carol stated earlier in this thread, when Kroenke interviewed Fisher, he did it in Denver where he lives. Fisher later toured the facilities in St Louis. It's probably just a local "get to know you" interview with Kroenke.

As far as Fisher is concerned, the Dolphins have already stated publicly they won't be "outbid" for Fisher, meaning he'll have to take less money of he wants to coach the Rams (much like Harbaugh did last year to go to SF - Miami offered way more money).

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Thursday is the team travel to NE day anyway. As Carol stated earlier in this thread, when Kroenke interviewed Fisher, he did it in Denver where he lives. Fisher later toured the facilities in St Louis. It's probably just a local "get to know you" interview with Kroenke.

from article:

Fisher, a former Tennessee Titans coach, The team said Monday that the completed a second interview with the Rams on Sunday. He toured facilities in St. Louis and spent time with quarterback Sam Bradford. Fisher also interviewed with owner Stan Kroenke in Denver last week.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-01-10/rams-down-to-us-and-dolphins-for-fisher

In the other article I read in regards to this, it stated that Fisher had to interview with Kroenke first. I would assume it would be the same for Allen.

dogfish
01-10-2012, 04:58 PM
i don't think allen will get hired this year, but if he does, we should go after steve spagnuolo. . . .

:defense::defense::defense:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2012, 05:03 PM
i don't think allen will get hired this year, but if he does, we should go after steve spagnuolo. . . .

Yep.

If McCoy moves on, I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in... wait for it... Hue Jackson to be our OC. ;)

dogfish
01-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Yep.

If McCoy moves on, I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in... wait for it... Hue Jackson to be our OC. ;)

no thanks. . . too much ego-- he'll be more interested in playing politics and trying to get back to that head coach spot, IMO. . . like mike martz. . .

solid coach, but not the right fit for this team. . . also, i don't know whether he's an EP guy (don't think so), or if fox is married to that scheme. . . i believe dirk koetter might be a candidate here if mccoy moves on, but in any case, i tend to think it'll be a moot point. . .

i think allen and mccoy are probably more filler interviews at this point, or long shots at best. . . i'm guessing most teams will want to see another year before actually hiring one of them to be a HC. . . you never know, but i'll be a little surpsied if one of them gets hired when there are more experienced guys like mike zimmer out there, along with re-treads like jack del rio and wade phillips. . .

CoachChaz
01-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Spagnuolo or Bowles for DC...Mike Sherman for OC

Fullback32
01-10-2012, 05:27 PM

Spags would make sense with the Broncos running a 4-3 and wouldn't have any problem with that hire. I honestly haven't watch too much Rams football this year, so I don't know if mixes it up with some 3-4 looks from time to time. Not too wrried though; I gotta believe Fischer is taking the Rams job.

GEM
01-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Well this sucks. I have Allen as my MVP this year. :(

Northman
01-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I put my vote in for OC, i would kick ass.

Joel
01-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Any of our coaches NOT interviewing with other teams instead of getting OUR team ready for a rematch in Foxborough against a team that beat us by 18 a month ago in Denver? I agree there should be a moratorium on this stuff until the post season is done.

wayninja
01-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Any idea why the Rams seem to have a feedbag strapped onto our backside lately?

rcsodak
01-10-2012, 11:44 PM
If he already lives here.....

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
01-10-2012, 11:47 PM
When Brady puts up a large amount of yardage on our defense, as he does on EVERY defense, I hope people around here aren't silly enough to blame this talk about interviews on the coach...believing he wasn't "prepared."
Nooooooo.....who would do THAT? :eek:

rcsodak
01-10-2012, 11:58 PM

Eagles got him

broncosfannum24
01-10-2012, 11:58 PM
It just shows you our dumb the rams organization is, they had a defensive minded coach and there defense defenitely improve under spagnolo, what makes them think hiring another defensive minded coach is gonna make a difference in how bad there offense is lol

Is like just like looking at us a few years ago, we had really good explosive offense with mike shannonhan but in the end the poor defense is the reason why we he was on his way out, we hire a josh mcdaniels another offensive minded coach, defense was good for 1 season and he nolan on a disagreement of philosophy, and the defense is shit again and nothing is changed

rcsodak
01-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Sherman sux. Let TB have him.

Nomad
01-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Spags is probably going to Philly.

VonSackemMiller
01-11-2012, 12:31 AM
aslong as allen trashes the 3-3-5

Nomad
01-11-2012, 12:37 AM

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/137019633.html

dogfish
01-11-2012, 02:21 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/137019633.html

sucks, but it's hardly surprising. . .

i wonder if fox would call up mike trgovac this time. . . i prefer they not re-visit the jim mora jr. thing. . .

still think allen will probably be here at least another year, in any case. . .

also, jacksonville hired mike mularkey, so there's one less team interested in one of our coordinators. . .

Davii
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Per NFL.com Jeff Fisher has agreed to terms with the Rams to become their next head coach. Thank god, Allen starts for another year at least.

camdisco24
01-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Per NFL.com Jeff Fisher has agreed to terms with the Rams to become their next head coach. Thank god, Allen starts for another year at least.

Thank goodness!! I think this means Allen is here to stay. I haven't heard of any other teams requesting an interview with him.

Joel
01-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Glad this is over, with a whole day left for Allen to focus on preparing for an offense that put 41 points on us a month ago.