PDA

View Full Version : No to Bartell and McFadden, sights on Buchanon.

Cheez Whiz
02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
The Broncos have "lowered their sights" away from free agent CB Ronald Bartell, according to the Denver Post.

Phillip Buchanon reportedly appears a likelier target. Bryant McFadden and Bartell will probably both command five-year, $40 million contracts with $18M or more guaranteed. Denver has too many needs to tie its cap up in 2-3 guys.

TXBRONC
02-26-2009, 09:38 PM
The Broncos have "lowered their sights" away from free agent CB Ronald Bartell, according to the Denver Post.

Phillip Buchanon reportedly appears a likelier target. Bryant McFadden and Bartell will probably both command five-year, $40 million contracts with $18M or more guaranteed. Denver has too many needs to tie its cap up in 2-3 guys.

Hey Whiz is your thread based off of the article by Mike Klis?

Cheez Whiz
02-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Hey Whiz is your thread based off of the article by Mike Klis?

My thread is based off rotoworld.com, which is probably based off of his article.

TXBRONC
02-26-2009, 09:42 PM
My thread is based of rotoworld.com, which is probably based off of his article.

Thanks. :salute:

SmilinAssasSin27
02-26-2009, 09:58 PM
we'll know the real deal soon enough.

Cheez Whiz
02-26-2009, 10:04 PM
we'll know the real deal soon enough.

This is mainly why I made a thread.

It's now the start of Free Agency.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-26-2009, 10:05 PM
2 more hours...

SmilinAssasSin27
BTW, why is Jabari Greer getting no love when it comes to speculation on which CB Denver will look to sign?

Cheez Whiz
2 more hours...

****, Living in Japan has really ****** me up.:beer:

EMB6903
02-26-2009, 10:07 PM
BTW, why is Jabari Greer getting no love when it comes to speculation on which CB Denver will look to sign?

Maybe too pricey, Quite a few sites ive seen has him as the top overall CB over Mcfadden.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Hmmm...maybe I underestimated him a bit.

West
02-27-2009, 12:13 AM

SA, Denver will not turn into a home for UT graduates... :yardog:

If I have anything to say about it. :yardog:

rcsodak
02-27-2009, 12:57 AM
SA, Denver will not turn into a home for UT graduates... :yardog:

If I have anything to say about it. :yardog:

Shut up and get back to bed, westy!!!!!

Tomorrow's a school day, remember! :coffee:

:D

ikillz0mbies
02-27-2009, 01:58 AM
I don't mind Buchanon. I didn't think he played that well for the Raiders or the Texans, but he totally improved last year. His coverage skills got MUCH better as well as his man coverage. He has also got tremendous speed. This would be a good pickup at the right price.

NameUsedBefore
02-27-2009, 02:04 AM
I don't mind Buchanon. I didn't think he played that well for the Raiders or the Texans, but he totally improved last year. His coverage skills got MUCH better as well as his man coverage. He has also got tremendous speed. This would be a good pickup at the right price.

I'll take your word for it as I didn't catch much of him last year, but all the times I've seen him he has been pretty terrible. He does have that speed you can't teach, though, if that matters to anyone.

DenBronx
02-27-2009, 02:14 AM
i dont mind buchanon either. he should come at a bargain though.

Devilspawn
02-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Ah yes, Showtime as he called himself. His best numbers were with us. His problem was that his risk taking mentality didn't fit in our system since our man to man coverage allows little room for error when going for the pick. Look at Woodson's numbers with us, he was considered #1 or at worst the #2 cornerback in the NFL from mid-1998 to mid-2002, and just like Asomugha, he can't afford to take too much risk... just lock down the opposing receiver and make a play without too much gambling.

Ironically Buchanon and Woodson as a tandem got the same exact hype that Asomugha/Hall did as a shutdown tandem last year. And it worked for about half a season in 2002 until both Buchanon and Woodson got hurt around the same time, then just fell off, with a flicker here and there in 2003.

His first year with us, he was a dangerous gem. -Had a punt return for a TD as well as a game saving 83 yard pick-6 in Buffalo. -Then he got hurt before we reached the playoffs. -Came back in 2003 and had 2 more pick-6s, one that won a game vs. Dallas, as well as 2 more punt returns for TDs.

The Brett Favre game, he's in every TD shot. I liked him a lot though, he was dangerous with the ball. He gave up more than he took, but maybe he's matured?

sportsnut09
02-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Are the Broncos nutz? For not wanting to pay fair market value for a player like Bartell. Looking at the video i noticed online the kid seems to be one heck of an up-and-coming player. See for yourself...

http://broadbandsports.com/node/24121

With Foxworth now with the Ravens looks like he could become a Falcon.

broncofaninfla
02-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Sure wish we would target Bartell, the guy is a solid DB.
Buchanan is no better than Bly