PDA

View Full Version : Decker to miss Pats game

TimHippo
01-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Do we pick up another receiver.
TO?
Marvin Harrison?
Who else?

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2012/1/9/2694052/erick-decker-injury-broncos-patriots-steelrs

BroncoJoe
01-09-2012, 02:06 PM
No.

slim
01-09-2012, 02:08 PM
D'Andre Goodwin

camdisco24
01-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Nah, stick with what we have. DT/Royal/Willis are perfectly capable.

weazel
01-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Steve Largent

PatriotsGuy
01-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Randy Moss

aberdien
01-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Brandon Lloyd

NightTerror218
01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
need another body for depth.

aberdien
01-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Scottie Montgomery

underrated29
01-09-2012, 02:25 PM
WE WILL definitely be signing someone...Id say they will go after:

1- eron riley if he is jets PS (they stole him from ours earier)
2- Britt Davis-(not a fan really, but he was our PS player for a while)
3- The guy listed above, deandre goodwin or whatever- our UFDA signing, that I really really liked!

I hope for option 3 sir.

GEM
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Harrison...you stupid, gutless, dirty SOB!!!! You messed with my boy's knee. If I could bitch slap your flagrant ass, I would.

I would then run away and hide because you are a dirty SOB and you'd probably kill me. :lol:

igoe4broncos
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Fox just said in his presser that Decker is day-to-day this week.

shank
01-09-2012, 02:38 PM
if he can't go, give me goodwin or riley. riley was my dogs name, so for that reason, i like eron.

sneakers
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Quan Crosby

:pray:

vandammage13
I hear Quan Cosby is available.

He could really bring something to our return game too.

rjent

What great possible news. I hope he will be ready! :coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2012, 02:40 PM

PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
John Fox said MRI on Decker's knee shows a sprain and he is "day to day."
16 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/postbroncos

Thnikkaman
01-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Nah, stick with what we have. DT/Royal/Willis are perfectly capable.

I'd like Fells to get in on that action as well.

broncofaninfla
01-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Even if Decker does somehow play, he'll be gimpy at best. Sure wish we still had E Riley but Goodwin might be the best bet at this point for depth and insurance. We need more than three healthy WR's.

arapaho2
01-09-2012, 03:00 PM
heres a novel idea

lets get J thomas into the game, line him up in the slot..instant mismatch

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Not a huge loss. He and Tebow seem to have no chemistry and he can't hold on to a ball to save his life half the time. I think we're honestly a little better without him.

Dreadnought
01-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Not a huge loss. He and Tebow seem to have no chemistry and he can't hold on to a ball to save his life half the time. I think we're honestly a little better without him.

Wrong. He had all of 4 drops all friggin' season. You can look it up. Your abject hate for the guy is weirdly reminiscent...

getlynched47
01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Probably D'Andre Goodwin or Greg Orton from the practice squad.

Eron Riley and Britt Davis are also available as free agents.

It'll be somebody who spent training camp with us, most likely.

shank
01-09-2012, 03:14 PM
holy shit, btb really hates white people.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Wrong. He had all of 4 drops all friggin' season. You can look it up. Your abject hate for the guy is weirdly reminiscent...

Please show me where you got that stat. No way that is even close to correct. I'm sorry but Decker has disappeared over the second half of the season. I don't hate any player on the Broncos, but when a player comes out and consistently underperforms like Decker, I will call him out on it.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM

Yeah, I'm not one of the biggest Tebow fans on this board or anything....

BeefStew25
01-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I'm not one of the biggest Tebow fans on this board or anything....

He is your Uncle Tom. A house cracker, if you will.

GEM
01-09-2012, 03:29 PM

No, just underperforming white people. Damn it, shank. You're so freaking racist!!!

blamkin86
01-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Please show me where you got that stat. No way that is even close to correct.

Washington Post- near the bottom of the page. I have no idea about its accuracy.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=24062&team=7&page=enc

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
No, just underperforming white people. Damn it, shank. You're so freaking racist!!!

You are the biggest baiter of any mod I have ever seen on a message board.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Washington Post- near the bottom of the page. I have no idea about its accuracy.

I have missed 2 games in their entirety and at least parts of 3-4 others this season and can STILL vividly remember more than 4 drops. Not sure what they count as drops but there is NO WAY he only has 4.

shank
01-09-2012, 03:38 PM

you might say she's a master.

Dreadnought
01-09-2012, 03:42 PM

Yep

Here is the top ten+ pass droppers. Roddy White of the Falcons was the winner at 15, followed by Greg Little, Brandon Marshall, and Dwayne Bowe tied at 12 each. I suspect those guys also were targeted more than Decker, which makes his 4 more annoying, but trying to claim he dropped an unusual number of passes is simply and provably wrong.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

blamkin86
01-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I have missed 2 games in their entirety and at least parts of 3-4 others this season and can STILL vividly remember more than 4 drops. Not sure what they count as drops but there is NO WAY he only has 4.

Time for you to post stats.

I certainly don't know how they're calculated - however, I could see if someone thought the pass was uncatchable (and you did not) they would not count it as a drop, when you would.

Again, I have no idea and mean no disrespect.

Dreadnought
01-09-2012, 03:49 PM

I certainly don't know how they're calculated - however, I could see if someone thought the pass was uncatchable (and you did not) they would not count it as a drop, when you would.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/teamstats.asp?teamno=7&type=roster

Here is the Bronco Roster. DT had 6 drops, Royal 5, Decker 4, and Willis 2

Too many drops, but they are mostly young. I can't explain Royal, because in past he has been solid.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Yep

Here is the top ten+ pass droppers. Roddy White of the Falcons was the winner at 15, followed by Greg Little, Brandon Marshall, and Dwayne Bowe tied at 12 each. I suspect those guys also were targeted more than Decker, which makes his 4 more annoying, but trying to claim he dropped an unusual number of passes is simply and provably wrong.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

You're just not being objective if you believe that 4 number. I guess they don't count slightly off-target balls as drops, but there have been quite a few catchable balls he hasn't brought in. And seeing as he supposedly only dropped 3 in 4 years at Minnesota and was brought here to be a possession receiver, he should be held to a higher standard. Other than that big catch in the first KC game, he and Tebow just haven't had much chemistry this year.

rcsodak
01-09-2012, 03:56 PM

But he's white! :eek:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

blamkin86
01-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Sorry, you asked us to post stats, and we did.

We may not be "being objective" but it's on you to make your point now.

If your point is that he and Tebow haven't connected, I see it.

If your point is that Decker sucks because he drops lots of catchable balls, I don't see it.

rcsodak
01-09-2012, 03:57 PM

Did riley get cut from nyj? Cuz otherwise, he's not a FA until the season is over, iinm.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Sorry, you asked us to post stats, and we did.

We may not be "being objective" but it's on you to make your point now.

If your point is that he and Tebow haven't connected, I see it.

If your point is that Decker sucks because he drops lots of catchable balls, I don't see it.

I don't think he sucks just because he drops balls. There really isn't anything he does excellently IMO.

topscribe
01-09-2012, 04:01 PM

If they activate Orton, please don't tell Chaz. He's been in a good mood lately.

You know what I mean . . . anybody named Orton . . .

rcsodak

Its ok.....You can disrespect btb all you want. Everybody else does.

LordTrychon
ob·jec·tive - [uhb-jek-tiv] - Adj.

1. To believe your own recollection of events, rather than actual recorded records from a reputable source.

2. To object to anything that disrupts or disproves your own view.

Dreadnought
You're just not being objective if you believe that 4 number. I guess they don't count slightly off-target balls as drops, but there have been quite a few catchable balls he hasn't brought in. And seeing as he supposedly only dropped 3 in 4 years at Minnesota and was brought here to be a possession receiver, he should be held to a higher standard. Other than that big catch in the first KC game, he and Tebow just haven't had much chemistry this year.

Who isn't being objective here? Really? The numbers simply are what they are. They are applied equally to all players by Stats Inc. across the NFL, so comparing guys from team to team is the valid measure. 4 drops in 96 targets isn't great but by no means bad, regardless what you prefer to think. As for chemistry, Tebow has been lacking that with a lot of guys a lot of the time this year - except when he isn't. To me that is totally understandable and I am patient with that. I think all of them (TT, DT, ED), will be much better next year, because this was really the first year of anything like full time action for all three.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Its ok.....You can disrespect btb all you want. Everybody else does.

And not a single person on this board takes anything you say seriously, troll.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Someone tell me what Decker does well? He's not fast, doesn't have great hands, struggles at getting open... I don't get the hype. I want the guy to do well but I just haven't seen it.

Dreadnought
01-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Someone tell me what Decker does well? He's not fast, doesn't have great hands, struggles at getting open... I don't get the hype. I want the guy to do well but I just haven't seen it.

Not fast?! He's fast enough to take a punt return to the House. Fast enough to beat the Chiefs deep. He's big, gets good YAC, decent hands and an outstanding run blocker as well. He led us in receiving TD's, yards, catches. He was admittedly awful against the Bears

topscribe
01-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Not fast?! He's fast enough to take a punt return to the House. Fast enough to beat the Chiefs deep. He's big, gets good YAC, decent hands and an outstanding run blocker as well. He led us in receiving TD's, yards, catches. He was admittedly awful against the Bears

Thank you. I had the same thoughts . . . just too lazy to post them . . .

Dreadnought
01-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Thank you. I had the same thoughts . . . just too lazy to post them . . .

Maybe he just doesn't look fast...

topscribe
01-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Maybe he just doesn't look fast...

Orton, before he left, said that Decker has a lot more speed than people
think. And Decker found himself on the other side of the opposing secondary
several times, as we can recall.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2012, 04:20 PM
I remember in many games this year, hearing the announcer state, on a completed pass, or on a running play, that Decker made a key block. He does more than just run patterns.

Dreadnought
01-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Orton, before he left, said that Decker has a lot more speed than people
think. And Decker found himself on the other side of the opposing secondary
several times, as we can recall.

I remember once an especially dim sportscaster calling Kevin Curtis, then of the Rams, a "slow sure handed possession receiver." Curtis who once ran a 4.2 40. He apparently just looked like many other "slow sure handed possession receiver," so this genius assumed he was one rather than actually knowing something about his subject. It was laugh out loud funny.

topscribe
01-09-2012, 04:25 PM
I remember once an especially dim sportscaster calling Kevin Curtis, then of the Rams, a "slow sure handed possession receiver." Curtis who once ran a 4.2 40. He apparently just looked like many other "slow sure handed possession receiver," so this genius assumed he was one rather than actually knowing something about his subject. It was laugh out loud funny.

One of many absurd assumptions drawn by some mental midget TV
announcers, whose knowledge of the players amounts to the stats charts
they have in front of them . . .

BTW, you recall that when Decker was drafted people were talking about
his sure hands. I do believe his recent drops are an anamoly in his career.

rcsodak
I don't think he sucks just because he drops balls. There really isn't anything he does excellently IMO.
Lol. Way to stick to your guns. :D

GEM

Live with the shit you have said. You say it, deal with it. :rolleyes:

It's baiting to bring up the points you have made in the past? :rolleyes: Or is it just because it paints you in a bad light? Is it weird how it's more than just me who has seen it? How about beef who posted one post before me and you didn't say a word to? Hmmmm. :confused:

blamkin86
01-09-2012, 04:29 PM
If you haven't seen it, read the Sunday morning paper this past week. Inside the front page, a reader writes in to Mike Klis' column (I know), saying she thought Champ Bailey sucked, was overrated, and never did anything.

This thread reminds me of that.

underrated29
01-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Quan Crosby

:pray:

NONONONONOCAT

you might say she's a master.

Beat me to it.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Live with the shit you have said. You say it, deal with it. :rolleyes:

It's baiting to bring up the points you have made in the past? :rolleyes: Or is it just because it paints you in a bad light? Is it weird how it's more than just me who has seen it? How about beef who posted one post before me and you didn't say a word to? Hmmmm. :confused:

When it has nothing to do with the current argument, and misrepresents the previous argument to which you are referring, it's baiting. If you can pull up a SINGLE post where I state or even hint at disliking a player because of his race, PLEASE show me. If not, shut the hell up and act like a damn moderator.

All I've EVER said in regards to race is that Hillis is mostly popular because he's a white RB, which is a novelty. How that means I hate white players I have NO idea. It's a stupid argument anyway because I have praised several white players and bashed several black ones, and vice versa.

And I didn't say anything to Beef because all he does is troll threads, which is apparently ok, but when I say one thing out of line permanent banishment is threatened upon me. You, as a mod, should actually follow the rules that you enforce.

GEM
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
That's a master:gemmer: tyvm. :coffee:

topscribe
01-09-2012, 04:37 PM
And not a single person on this board takes anything you say seriously, troll.

Wow, GEM, RC . . . you're taking on just anybody today, aren't you?

Deep breaths, BTB . . .

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 04:37 PM
This thread reminds me of that.

:lol: Get back to me when Decker accomplishes anything even in the strastosphere of what Bailey has accomplished. Saying criticizing Bailey is the same as criticizing Decker is absolutely laughable.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Wow, GEM, RC . . . you're taking on just anybody today, aren't you?

Deep breaths, BTB . . .

I was only talking about Decker in this thread until those two decided to start making things personal.

GEM
01-09-2012, 04:40 PM
When it has nothing to do with the current argument, and misrepresents the previous argument to which you are referring, it's baiting. If you can pull up a SINGLE post where I state or even hint at disliking a player because of his race, PLEASE show me. If not, shut the hell up and act like a damn moderator.

All I've EVER said in regards to race is that Hillis is mostly popular because he's a white RB, which is a novelty. How that means I hate white players I have NO idea. It's a stupid argument anyway because I have praised several white players and bashed several black ones, and vice versa.

And I didn't say anything to Beef because all he does is troll threads, which is apparently ok, but when I say one thing out of line permanent banishment is threatened upon me. You, as a mod, should actually follow the rules that you enforce.

To which you pissed off a lot of people. You think it's cause he's white....that's racist. You brought up race. Now you just happen to be bringing up the under performing. So you catch some shit...is it because Deckers is white? Get over yourself. It's your own opinion which has stuck with you.

That's the problem....YOU brought race into it. Now you want to dictate when that can be brought up to you.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
To which you pissed off a lot of people. You think it's cause he's white....that's racist. You brought up race. Now you just happen to be bringing up the under performing. So you catch some shit...is it because Deckers is white? Get over yourself. It's your own opinion which has stuck with you.

That's the problem....YOU brought race into it. Now you want to dictate when that can be brought up to you.

Curious how you never bring up those comments when I'm praising Tebow. I guess because it doesn't fit into your absolutely retarded theory that I hate white people.

GEM
01-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Curious how you never bring up those comments when I'm praising Tebow. I guess because it doesn't fit into your absolutely retarded theory that I hate white people.

The correlation was underperforming and white. Tebow isn't underperforming.

Is Royal underperforming?

Plus, most qb's are white. That Gerard and Young...demz boyz be underwhelming. Tis cuz dey black and stuff.

blamkin86
01-09-2012, 04:47 PM
:lol: Get back to me when Decker accomplishes anything even in the strastosphere of what Bailey has accomplished. Saying criticizing Bailey is the same as criticizing Decker is absolutely laughable.

Where did I equate Bailey to Decker? I equated this woman's uneducated and obviously biased post about Bailey, to your posts about Decker - which we have proven with statistical records to be inaccurate.

Man up and say you were wrong about Decker's drops - or post some real data showing you were correct.

The rest is you just being upset about being proven wrong.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
The correlation was underperforming and white. Tebow isn't underperforming.

Is Royal underperforming?

Plus, most qb's are white. That Gerard and Young...demz boyz be underwhelming. Tis cuz dey black and stuff.

I've criticized Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal for underperforming on this board as well. You just chose to focus in on the few times I criticize underperforming white guys and call me a racist. You realize I'm white, right?

GEM
01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
I've criticized Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal for underperforming on this board as well. You just chose to focus in on the few times I criticize underperforming white guys and call me a racist. You realize I'm white, right?

I don't care if you are white or black. That's the problem. I don't care if a player is white or black either. ;)

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't care if you are white or black. That's the problem. I don't care if a player is white or black either. ;)

It's ok to admit your ridiculous premise is wrong. I've debunked it pretty thoroughly.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM

And if this was true you wouldn't bring up race every time I discuss a white guy. You are such a hypocrite it's not even funny.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 04:58 PM
And one final thing, you have taken the race comments I made on Hillis more personally than anyone else on this board. Makes me think I hit a string of truth that you are unwilling to admit. Seems like you're trying to convince yourself that you don't care about race more than you're trying to convince us.

GEM
01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
And if this was true you wouldn't bring up race every time I discuss a white guy. You are such a hypocrite it's not even funny.

And you want your words to disappear. You can't take any shit for the shit you say. Get some thicker skin or don't post silly opinions and then cry about it when it gets brought up.

We'll just brush those comments under the rug and act like you never said it, even though you brought it up in numerous threads. :shrugs: Post this as a reminder to myself. Don't bring up race to BTB, because he can't handle being held accountable for the shit he posts and how it comes up in other posts.

:rolleyes:

End of discussion on my end.

GEM
01-09-2012, 05:00 PM
And one final thing, you have taken the race comments I made on Hillis more personally than anyone else on this board. Makes me think I hit a string of truth that you are unwilling to admit. Seems like you're trying to convince yourself that you don't care about race more than you're trying to convince us.

Oh yea....you hit a personal string. :laugh: Yea....I really don't like racism....it kind of sucks in this day and age.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
You are such a liar, baiter, and hypocrite it's not even funny. The fact that you are allowed to moderate a message board is an absolute joke. You would fit in great as a mod on the other board though.

GEM
01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
It's ok to admit your ridiculous premise is wrong. I've debunked it pretty thoroughly.

How about you go and admit that ridiculous claim about Decker and his drops. Or should we brush that under the rug too?

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Oh yea....you hit a personal string. :laugh: Yea....I really don't like racism....it kind of sucks in this day and age.

I thought you just said "end of discussion on my end". You have a big problem with being truthful huh?

GEM
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM
You are such a liar, baiter, and hypocrite it's not even funny. The fact that you are allowed to moderate a message board is an absolute joke. You would fit in great as a mod on the other board though.

I'll take your opinion into account....right along with your racism. ;) The fact that you still post here is even more amazing. The fact that you cry about shit more than my 11 year old daughter is worth a laugh though. :D

GEM
01-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I thought you just said "end of discussion on my end". You have a big problem with being truthful huh?

Answered a post you made while I was posting that.

Discussion done.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 05:06 PM
I'll take your opinion into account....right along with your racism. ;) The fact that you still post here is even more amazing. The fact that you cry about shit more than my 11 year old daughter is worth a laugh though. :D

I have a very low tolerance for bullshit, which is 90% of what you spew. If you consider me calling your your bullshit whining, then so be it. Forgive me for expecting mods to follow the rules they enforce. How whiny of me to expect that.

GEM
01-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Back to Decker.

Happy to hear it's only a sprain, not a tear. Probably best to let it heal though. Don't see him playing anymore this year.

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Back to Decker. We were down 6-0 and had no first downs until his injury then suddenly started exploding the play after. Hmm....

GEM
01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
:confused: Seeing Harrison put a hit directly to Decker's knee and him going off the field did seem to energize the team. I really don't think it's because Decker went off the field. It's more of Harrison being a dirty SOB and the Broncos players getting angry. That did seem to change the energy of the game.

BeefStew25
01-09-2012, 06:11 PM
I have a very low tolerance for bullshit, which is 90% of what you spew. If you consider me calling your your bullshit whining, then so be it. Forgive me for expecting mods to follow the rules they enforce. How whiny of me to expect that.

6Mi6cWBpPos

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Right now, we have 2 WRs on our practice squad - Deandre Goodwin and Greg Orton. Riley is on the Jets' active roster (I think), and I don't know what happened to Britt Davis.

As for Decker, normally an MCL sprain is a 2-3 week recovery. I don't expect him to play vs NE and I'd be surprised (if we win this week) if he'd play in the AFCCG.

MileHighCrew
01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
:focus:
thanks

Dzone
01-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Whatever happened to Orange Julius? He has disappeared.

topscribe
01-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Whatever happened to Orange Julius? He has disappeared.

Even though Julius is loaded with talent, he was very raw coming out of
college, which explains where he was drafted, instead of higher. His
development was hurt by the disadvantage of no preseason. I think we'll
see a lot more of him next year. At least, that's my take . . .