PDA

View Full Version : Bronco fans down please send a message

wylde bill
02-26-2009, 12:45 PM
a poster by the name of danny's uncle posted this on the broncos website..

thought id pass the message along and the bronco faithful can show some love to someone in need at this time...

Okay. If this needs to be moved to another forum, I'm fine with that. My nephew, 34-year old Army Sgt. Danny Miller loves the Broncos, second only to his country. Been stationed in KY, TX, KS, and Alaska--always found ways to follow the Broncs. Volunteered for Irag tour--volunteered for patrol on 2/18/09. Vehicle was blown up by IED and lost both legs below knee, broken femur and fractured hip. Currently in hospital in Germany. Has wife and 7 year-old girl. I'm looking for ways to get him encouragement to face the challenges he's going to encounter. The Bronco Nation seems the logical folks to turn to. There is a website with his story, condition updates, pictures (you'll note that if he's not in Army Camo, he's wearing something Bronco!) and a guest book for messages. Go to www.caringbridge.org, internal website name is 'dannymiller'.
Hope you'll all help me get the message out. He'll have access to reading messages as soon as he gets to San Antonio this weekend. Thanks for letting me post.

please sign up (it takes a minute) and post a reply of hope in the guestbook for danny... we can only imagine what he and his family are going thru...

broncofaninfla
02-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Will do. Thank you very much for this post.

broncofaninfla
02-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I signed in and recommend others do so as well, great site for a true American hero.

wylde bill
02-26-2009, 01:31 PM
I signed in and recommend others do so as well, great site for a true American hero.

thanks

the story is truely touching and i hope more fellow posters do the same to help lift danny's spirits high...

saltybuggah :salute:

SR
02-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Sticky.

wylde bill
02-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Sticky.

hopefully so...

i just got a pm from danny's uncle.. he might just be joining this site too...

please continue sending messages of hope to danny

Danny'suncle
02-26-2009, 03:40 PM
I am joining you on this forum and I while you can't imagine the pride I have in my nephew, I couldn't be prouder of, or more grateful to, all of you who sincerely care. Please send this message to your friends and relatives. I would really like to jam Danny's guestbook with enough reading to keep his mind occupied during these first few weeks.

As I said in an earlier post---I'm new to all of this and jsut thought it was a great way to get Danny's story out. Looks like you made me look smart. If any of you know how to get this post tagged "stickied", I'd appreaciate the help.

Danny'suncle
02-26-2009, 04:39 PM
First thanks to Wylde Bill and Broncofaninfla for telling me about this website and forum. I see where some information is already posted about my 34 year old nephew, Army Sgt. Danny Miller--a lifelong Bronco loyalist. About a week ago (2/18/09) Danny's patrol hit an IED while on patrol in Iraq. Blew it up and Danny has lost both legs below the knee, fractured his hip and broke his femur in 2 places. Currently in German hospital until stabilized and will fly to San Antonio soon, we hope. Danny has been stationed in KS, CO, KY, TX and Alaska and always managed to follow the Broncs. He volunteered for the Iraq tour (said it was his turn) and was one week away from leave when his unit was hit.

His full story, updates on his condition, pics (mostly in army camo or Bronco gear), as well as guestbook where messages can be posted is on a special website: www.caringbridge.org and I would be in your debt if you would take the time to go and encourage Danny, his wife and 7 year old daughter who now face challenges they cannot even imagine yet.

I hope the Bronco Nation will come to his aid and give him something to smile about. Thanks,:salute:

wylde bill
02-26-2009, 04:43 PM
mods please merge my thread with this one (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33842)

also posters please take the time to post a message..

it takes but a few minutes to log into the site and im sure that Sgt. Danny would appreciate all the support and kind words from fellow Bronco fans :salute:

girler
02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Can Danny join us here? We'd love to get to know him. :salute:

wylde bill
02-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Can Danny join us here? We'd love to get to know him. :salute:

currently from what ive read... he's in the hospital and goes in and out with the medication that he is on... here is a link to his journal (http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewJournal.do?method=executeInit) so far

Danny'suncle
02-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I think Danny would love to spend some time chatting with his newest friends. Right now, he isn't moving much....still under sedation for follow-up clean-up of his wounds and pain from the broken leg that they do not want to set until he gets back stateside. We have every hope he will be stabilized enought to transport to San Antonio in a couple of days. At that point we want to show him his website and give him a chance to understand what's happened to him and many, many other soldiers does not go unnoticed.

His aunt and I hope to travel to Texas after he gets settled in and I'll be glad to offer your invitation to get to know you all. He will need something to occupy his time and mind for a while---talking to good people is good medicine.

wylde bill
02-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I think Danny would love to spend some time chatting with his newest friends. Right now, he isn't moving much....still under sedation for follow-up clean-up of his wounds and pain from the broken leg that they do not want to set until he gets back stateside. We have every hope he will be stabilized enought to transport to San Antonio in a couple of days. At that point we want to show him his website and give him a chance to understand what's happened to him and many, many other soldiers does not go unnoticed.

His aunt and I hope to travel to Texas after he gets settled in and I'll be glad to offer your invitation to get to know you all. He will need something to occupy his time and mind for a while---talking to good people is good medicine.

if possible i would prefer that danny's uncle get the thread title picked...

after all its his story not mine.. i just posted the link he had...

please if you can make danny's uncle paragraph the thread OP id appreciate it...

thanks for the sticky thou :salute:

wylde bill
02-26-2009, 05:18 PM
First thanks to Wylde Bill and Broncofaninfla for telling me about this website and forum. I see where some information is already posted about my 34 year old nephew, Army Sgt. Danny Miller--a lifelong Bronco loyalist. About a week ago (2/18/09) Danny's patrol hit an IED while on patrol in Iraq. Blew it up and Danny has lost both legs below the knee, fractured his hip and broke his femur in 2 places. Currently in German hospital until stabilized and will fly to San Antonio soon, we hope. Danny has been stationed in KS, CO, KY, TX and Alaska and always managed to follow the Broncs. He volunteered for the Iraq tour (said it was his turn) and was one week away from leave when his unit was hit.

His full story, updates on his condition, pics (mostly in army camo or Bronco gear), as well as guestbook where messages can be posted is on a special website: www.caringbridge.org and I would be in your debt if you would take the time to go and encourage Danny, his wife and 7 year old daughter who now face challenges they cannot even imagine yet.

I hope the Bronco Nation will come to his aid and give him something to smile about. Thanks,:salute:

this should be the OP HEADER IF POSSIBLE

Danny'sCousin
02-27-2009, 10:44 PM
So, Danny's not on the web quite yet .... but the rest of his family is joining EVERY Broncos forum we can keep up with!!

THANK YOU TO THE BRONCO NATION FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!

Thank you for your posts to Danny's guestbook ... which now has become a message board -- which he's going to LOVE!

When it was started, as my uncle said, we hoped Danny would have things to read to keep him busy for the first few weeks .... it's looking more like it'll be months to keep him busy. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

I'm excited to be adding websites & forums to my daily checks rituals!!

Danny'sCousin
02-27-2009, 10:45 PM
One more thing .... is there anywhere else I need to be registering to check in support of those in support of Danny?!?!?!

Danny'suncle
02-28-2009, 10:40 AM
To Wylde Bill: I don't think I ever formally thanked you for helping me get comfortable on this message board and supporting our family's efforts. Without you, I would have never gotten connected to the other Bronco posters that pasted the message to othe forums and signed Danny's guest book on Caringbridge.org. Danny's cousin is now a member of this forum, and I need to warn you........she's awesome (in every way).

So thanks for your help and support. We will post an update here later this weekend as we get more information from Danny's dad.

Appreciate you all!

Danny'suncle
03-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Here's the latest news about Danny Miller's condition. He's settled in to Brooks Medical Center, San Antonio, where he will be for the next 12 months or so. We had been waiting on his dad to call and update us, but were surprised to get the call from Danny, himself. He was upbeat and optimistic..his normal self, it seemed. He has more serious injuries to his right leg than were led to believe, but we know he has some very good doctors.

Danny told his aunt Vikki to let his Bronco family not to worry, "his Bronco tattoo came through untouched------however, he had run across some medical staff that said they wouldn't treat him because of it----damn Raiders fans! :)

Danny sounded great. He honesltly believed he was going to die, so he says every day forward is "sunshine". There was one other Bronco story I think you will appreciate. As he was recovering from his morning surgery (they have to put him under to clean his wounds, so they call it surgery). Anyway groggy, but listening, he heard a Master Sergeant tell his dad that he was a Broncos fan, too. He said he even had a signed picture with him and John Elway. Danny opened his eyes and said, "why don't you just pour salt in my wounds?"

Does that sound hardcore orange and blue!

There is a lot of new information on the Caringbridge website under "My Story" with more details about his injuries; a Bank of America account for donations for his family; and information about honor bracelets that Danny's sister has ordered to keep his name and heroic efforts out there. Hope you will visit the site and see what has been added.

Your posts on his journal are priceless. Anyone on this site scared of Matt Cassell? (couldn't resist...since you've been taking shots at my team for a few days).

Thanks for continuing to care,

Tned
03-02-2009, 01:11 AM

Bumping this thread for those that haven't read it or taken a few minutes to go send Danny a brief message (via the guestbook).

If you haven't already, please take a couple minutes to go to www.caringbridge.org and put in dannymiller where it says "visit a caringbridge website" or I think this link will take you straight there: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dannymiller

chazoe60
03-02-2009, 09:58 AM
I am bumping again Tned. There are now rubber bracelets you can buy in honor of Danny to help and show your support.

Gimpygod
03-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Hello Danny's uncle -- need to get you your own name eventually, I suggest "Super-awesome-uncle-guy" -- I might be in a particularly unique and apropos position to offer support.. Click on my video proof button in my signature so you can see why. I was going to send this as a private message but, heck, I miss those things 95% of the time and wasn't sure if you would know how to receive such. I would love to start a correspondence with both you and your nephew.

Gimpygod a.k.a. Lance Carr

Danny'suncle
03-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Gimpygod: All I can say is it's a good thing a man cannot have too many heroes, as I have added to my life list almost everyday since Danny's accident. So many folks have been supportive and giving. And then, there is Lance Carr. You deserve to be famous, and in our family your status may go beyond that before this is over.

I am so grateful to all the folks on this MB and to those they have told about Danny. New messages appear everyday on the CaringBridge website.

However, I can tell by your story that even a simple posting on this website is no easy task for you, and yet you took the time to put the words down that would encourage and inspire. Thank you.

It would be an honor to continue corresponding outside of the forum (and that goes for any of our other new "best friends"; and I'm sure Danny will feel the same way once he has had a chance to absorb all the messages he has received). I can be reached at either tbuell@dccca.org or at vikkibuell@att.net. Danny will have access to a laptop when he gets settled into a room. I don't know if he will retain his military e-mail or go back to a personal address. I will get the information out as soon as I know.

We haven't been tested the way your family has, but we've faced enough trials to know we are strong enough to help Danny get through this, especially drawing on all the strength and support we've been offered.

To help you understand our optimism and appreciation for each of you, you need to know a little about my family. My wife Vikki (Danny's aunt) is a cancer survivor (stage 3 ovarian cancer at age 23--she's now 53 and one of the greatest miracles of my life); my oldest son Travis was diagnosed with cancer at age 28, had multiple surgeries and the whole radiation regimen (lost part of his vocal chords but at age 32, he's a year away from being declared "cured"); and me....well 3 years into a diagnosis of MS, but so far it's only affecting some cognitive functions: short term memory (which I use to my advantage when I forget something Vikki has told me to do), lost recognition of words or objects so I apologize if my posts wander sometimes. Not too bad...learned tricks to compensate and we're moving on. So Danny's situation just draws us even closer.

I'm a 4th generation Kansan, but have lots of ties to Colorado. Vikki was born and raised in Arvada. I brought her to the Wheat State to help me raise my two boys in 1989 and her biggest complaint (besides the wind blowing 40 mph every day) is not being able to tell which way is west without the mountains. Danny's grandparents lived in Denver, Longmont, and Grand Junction. We were married in Lafeyette, CO, and actually lived in Ft. Morgan for over a year in 1999-2000. We moved there when I was sent to implement substance abuse treatment and anger management programs at the newly opened mega prison in Sterling, CO (and I have to say, there were some "angry clowns" being housed there). I don't have completely fond memories of Ft. Morgan---except for the Italian restaurant. We lived halfway between the sugar beet facility and the packing plant (constantly smelled like a sugar-coated carcass outside).

So, you see........we appreciate every day as a gift and every new person who comes into our lives is an opportunity to get stronger and feel blessed. You, and all the other Broncos have been incredible blessings. Thanks for introducing yourself and we look forward to hearing from many of you as time goes on. Hang tough,

Danny'sUncle aka Tom Buell:salute:

Danny'sCousin
03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
So, Danny's not on the web quite yet .... but the rest of his family is joining EVERY Broncos forum we can keep up with!!

THANK YOU TO THE BRONCO NATION FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!

Thank you for your posts to Danny's guestbook ... which now has become a message board -- which he's going to LOVE!

When it was started, as my uncle said, we hoped Danny would have things to read to keep him busy for the first few weeks .... it's looking more like it'll be months to keep him busy. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

I'm excited to be adding websites & forums to my daily checks rituals!!

I must repeat everything my uncle has said above. Most of all the thank yous and the daily checks of broncos websites and forums. My daily rituals have changed a bit as well. Also, let me reiterate that Danny's guestbook is no longer a 'guestbook' per se .. it's a message board in it's own right. With multiple people re-posting and others talking between the site to eachother ... Danny's going to get a true kick out of it. He'll certainly remain steadily focused on his fans and followers .. and not only have months of reading to do, but months of replying .. if I know Danny. You've found yourself a family of loyal followers, both to the forum and the broncos.
Thank you.

Jessica

Chris90210
03-02-2009, 08:52 PM
broncos nation needs to get this guy to a game front row, homeside, right on the 50

Tned
03-02-2009, 11:35 PM
broncos nation needs to get this guy to a game front row, homeside, right on the 50

Maybe LT can talk to some of the Broncos staff and see if they can run it up to the higher ups.

horsepig
03-02-2009, 11:41 PM
I just watched 'Taking Chance' last night before bed. Then I log on tonight & catch this thread, it's very touching. I posted on Danny's site and only wish that we could somehow, as Bronco fans and our own little community of crazies, maybe connect to more guys like Danny.

PS: and gals.

Danny'sCousin
03-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Hey all...

Just wanted to give a short update on Danny's condition ... for those of you who don't check the caring bridge site every 4 seconds like I do ... hahaha

If you've read the journal updates you'd know that my Aunt Vikki posted this on Sunday: "Danny's right femur and hip are broken in three places and the surgery to correct that will be tricky. If that can be fixed, then they will move on to restructuring his knee. We won't go into the "what if they can't mode". We're just going with, "when they fix the femur and hip", then they will move on to his knee, fix that - and all will be fine. The left leg, although amputated mid calf down, is okay. He does not know when they will be doing the surgery."

So - the update is "Deana (Danny's sister) called to let us know that Danny had the surgery today to repair his broken femur and hip. The surgery apparently went very well. She didn't have any more information than that, but it sounded very encouraging."

SO YAY -- hopefully Danny's leg will get better enough so they can reconstruct his knee and move on to his prosthesis. We're not out of the water with that leg, but it looks promising at this point.

Can I just say .............
We prayed for him to be placed at the Texas facility instead of Walter Reed, due to distance to family ... we prayed that his surgery would go well so he wouldn't lose more of that leg, and it's seemingly going to go our way .... Although all of this hurt isn't over yet, the prayers we do have are coming true. So, I say to myself ... maybe the fact that he was injured as bad as he was is the worst thing that will happen and all things to follow will work out to their fullest potential. It's amazing the differences in the GREAT THINGS we have now, as compared to before this all happened. What a life change.

Thank you all for EVERYTHING....

Danny'sCousin
03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Danny Update .....

So, YAY, they were able to put the steel rod in Danny's right leg and take out the epidural that was medicating him. He is now on different medication and is very groggy. He will have his wounds cleaned again on Friday. Danny's Dad, Dennis, reports he will be getting a cell phone and computer SOON and when he's up to it, he'll be getting all the messages that all of you wonderful people have been leaving him and soon after that, he'll be up and running on Broncos forums. It'll be like a second homecoming for him, hahaha. He has come home to the nation that he loves and will then visit the other nation he loves, Bronco Nation.

Thank you is not enough to all of you for all you have done for him.

horsepig
03-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Come on folks, you need to check out this young man's web site. He has made a great sacrifice for us and for freedom. Luckily, he has a beautiful young family of his own, and a great network of other family to help.

The key for us here at BF is that this guy is a life long Broncos fan from frickin Kansas! Many of his friends and relatives have been impressed by our (BF) response to his situation. One even said something to the extent that they now have a new team to root for over there, the Broncos, a few more orange shirts at Arrowhead would be a welcome sight.

All that is insignificant to what this young man has sacrificed for us and our country. The least we can do as Bronco fans is offer our support and open friendship, somebody with some financial clout please get this guy and 10+ family members tickets to both games next year. I myself am supporting a very handicapped person and can't afford much dollar wise but, I am going to E-mail the networks and ESPN about this story.

Danny'suncle
03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
I was thrilled to see a note from Danny posted in the journal on Caringbridge. He's finally snagged a computer and come out of the fog of pain meds enough to read your messages and respond. He said he's at a loss for words, but I'm absolutely sure that it will not be long before he has plenty to say. We are all thankful for each step he takes forward and he is dead set on walking again and staying in the Army. We will support him in both those goals. I hope you will, too. Tom:D

chazoe60
03-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Glad to hear that he posted. I hope all is going well Tom.

Danny'suncle
03-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Today was a pretty eventful day for Dan, they took out his epidural (AGAIN) so his is having a lot more pain, but he was able to get in a wheelchair and out of bed for the first time today to go down to Audiology for a hearing test. He was excited to get out of his room and see more of the hospital, but it also was pretty hard for him pain wise. He goes back to the OR tomorrow hopefully to get the last of his wounds closed with skin grafts. For a few days after the grafts he won't be able to move his legs so that the skin grafts "take". The best news of the week is that provided the wounds get closed with no infection or regrafting he should be able to transition to outpatient status and stay with Allison and I at the Fisher House sometime next week then he will begin his rehabilitation! So fingers crossed folks and keep the prayers coming. I will try to update tomorrow, surgery days are kind of hard days.

~Amie
This is what Danny's wife, Amie, posted in his Caringbridge journal. He's doing better but still has a long road. Please stay with him.

Danny'sCousin
03-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Today was a pretty eventful day for Dan, they took out his epidural (AGAIN) so his is having a lot more pain, but he was able to get in a wheelchair and out of bed for the first time today to go down to Audiology for a hearing test. He was excited to get out of his room and see more of the hospital, but it also was pretty hard for him pain wise. He goes back to the OR tomorrow hopefully to get the last of his wounds closed with skin grafts. For a few days after the grafts he won't be able to move his legs so that the skin grafts "take". The best news of the week is that provided the wounds get closed with no infection or regrafting he should be able to transition to outpatient status and stay with Allison and I at the Fisher House sometime next week then he will begin his rehabilitation! So fingers crossed folks and keep the prayers coming. I will try to update tomorrow, surgery days are kind of hard days.

~Amie
This is what Danny's wife, Amie, posted in his Caringbridge journal. He's doing better but still has a long road. Please stay with him.

DANG!! You beat me!!

THANK YOU BRONCO NATION FOR YOUR SUPPORT! YOUR ENCOURAGING WORDS HAVE MADE A MOST POSITIVE IMPACT ON DANNY'S LIFE AND THE LIVES OF THOSE IN OUR FAMILY!!:grouphug:

Astrass
03-20-2009, 03:01 AM
Thanks to the OP for posting this.....I would have never heard about it otherwise.

I can't wait for the time when stories like this start becoming uncommon again.

It's all too familiar now.

Good luck to you all, from the bottom of my heart.

Astrass

Danny'suncle
03-26-2009, 01:52 PM
The Journal on CaringBridge continues to get updated with good news. Danny has moved to out-patient therapy and has access to a computer to read all your words of encouragement. Looks like a Purple Heart ceremony in Texas and chance to stay in the Army with promotion. Also hear he is scanning the Bronco websites and I know he will be amazed at the posts he sees there.

Thanks to all......sorry to be gone so long.......started a new job.

Lonestar
04-05-2009, 03:47 PM
:bump2:

hey folks send some love..

broncophan
04-05-2009, 04:16 PM
The Journal on CaringBridge continues to get updated with good news. Danny has moved to out-patient therapy and has access to a computer to read all your words of encouragement. Looks like a Purple Heart ceremony in Texas and chance to stay in the Army with promotion. Also hear he is scanning the Bronco websites and I know he will be amazed at the posts he sees there.

Thanks to all......sorry to be gone so long.......started a new job.

Thanks for the update.......will continue to pray for Danny here.......God Bless......

Tned
04-23-2009, 08:01 PM
For anyone that hasn't been following his journal, you should log in every once in a while and check it out.

Lonestar
06-10-2009, 06:38 PM
:bump2::salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-13-2009, 10:32 PM
I get the CarringBridge reports on Danny, and just received the following: Danny gets to go to a Broncos Game:

Just wanted to say again this orginization has been so helpful to me over the last year. Before I was injured they sent things to me and my platoon, and after I was wounded Mrs. Hagg herself has been directly invoved with me. I owe her so much please give as much as you can to them they help all service members. Even as little as 1 dollar can help. Thank you all. Oh yea she is paying to send me to the Broncos Steelers Monday night game on Nov 9th, and got them to let me go down on the field during the game. Wow is all I could get out of my mouth, when she told me.lol....

Direct Support to the AdoptaPlatoon: If you find you can’t personally support a troop at the moment, but would like to make a tax-deductible gift directly to AAP, we will see to it that your gift is used to help support deployed troops asking for support. However, please note that you do not have to make a donation to participate! AAP also supports Special Forces troops that cannot participate in the public support measures. The AAP creates and maintains special campaigns to supply a much larger degree of support to the troops. The AAP must shoulder the cost of implementing a safe mail support system and secure data storage of our databases. If the AAP cannot continue this patriotic project, thousands of troops will not receive the much needed support. The AAP sends a minimum of 85% of all donated funds back to the troops in the form of support packages and meeting specific needs. The AAP also must maintain an organization non-profit corporation and we depend on your generosity to meet this need. So your tax-deductible gift is truly a gift and very much appreciate.

Corporate / business monetary gifts are needed. Please don’t forget the AAP!

Please send your tax-deductible gift to:

AdoptaPlatoon
P.O. Box 234
Lozano, TX 78568

All donations will be acknowledged with a letter and our tax I.D. number

We are deeply grateful for the generosity of the American people for never forgetting our Nation’s Heroes.

“In war, there is no second prize for the runner-up.”
-General Omar N. Bradley, U.S. Army, 1950

No matter your political opinion or whether you agree with present powers that be, NO MATTER WHAT, our TROOPS are still there!

Please help our United States of America Troops, our deployed sons and daughters, serve our Nation knowing that America stands right behind them!

We thank you in advance for putting your trust in us and sending your personal information to be considered for a soldier support link! Each and every one who wishes to support the troops in a spirit of patriotism should be counted among those who protect the freedoms of our country! Please contact us at: info@adoptaplatoon.org.

AdoptaPlatoon Soldier Support Effort™ Board of Directors

Ida Hägg, Chairman of the Board
Board Members:
Joyce Lisiewski, Ohio
Fran Dobson, New Hampshire
Karen Ballard, Texas

frenchfan
08-14-2009, 01:39 AM

His aunt and I hope to travel to Texas after he gets settled in and I'll be glad to offer your invitation to get to know you all. He will need something to occupy his time and mind for a while---talking to good people is good medicine.HI Danny's uncle.

First of all... Thank you for sharing this story with us.
I know it's great to have support in very tough times. I hope your nephew and his family will go through that. I have faith.

I don't know if it's possible (or if someone already thought or did something about that) but I think we should contact Broncos organization to know if they can do something for Danny. I don't know exactly what, but for example a jersey signed by every players and coaches... Stuff like to show our support, to honour him. May be that could help too...

:salute:

frenchfan
08-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Just wanted to say again this orginization has been so helpful to me over the last year. Before I was injured they sent things to me and my platoon, and after I was wounded Mrs. Hagg herself has been directly invoved with me. I owe her so much please give as much as you can to them they help all service members. Even as little as 1 dollar can help. Thank you all. Oh yea she is paying to send me to the Broncos Steelers Monday night game on Nov 9th, and got them to let me go down on the field during the game. Wow is all I could get out of my mouth, when she told me.lol....Carol, if I understand it well, some people contacted Broncos organization yet?
Do you have other informations about that?

:beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Carol, if I understand it well, some people contacted Broncos organization yet?
Do you have other informations about that?

:beer:

Since Danny posted that Mrs. Hagg is paying to send him to the Broncos/Steelers game, and that Danny will be on the field during the game, I don't know if she directly contacted the Broncos in Danny's behalf, or if someone else did.

Tned
08-17-2009, 07:53 PM
This thread became unstickied, so I have restickied it. If you haven't visited Danny's journal, please take a few minutes to do so:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dannymiller

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2009, 02:15 PM
This thread became unstickied, so I have restickied it. If you haven't visited Danny's journal, please take a few minutes to do so:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dannymiller

This is a great idea for all to do. It is a great story.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Hello all: I just wanted to update you all on what's happening with Danny. He is doing well and has just been able to get off of the methadone completely for the first time. What a long road for him! He still has some pain and anxiety, but is coping. Now for the good news: Firstly, he will be in DENVER on Monday night, November 9, for the big game. He will be there for the pre-game and also for the COIN TOSS !!! The NFL is doing this for Veteran's day and all the games this weekend will be catering to this. I just hope he's on TV for all to see. Please - even if you don't like the Broncos (WHAT?), please tune in to see him.
He just got back from Alaska to welcome his unit home from Iraq and received his Purple Heart again (since he didn't remember the first time after he had been hit) and also received the Bronze Star. He is also in line to receive legs - legs that look like legs....as he put it, "hair and all". He says with longer shorts, you would not be able to tell they are fake. Pretty exciting for him. There is a gentlemen in England that makes them.
On the sports side, namely golf, he got a set of clubs - PING G15 - and played last weekend. Said he can hit a shot straight as a string from 200 years. When he comes home on the plane he will bring his clubs and - "be one of those guys". He always wanted to "be one of those guys". Also - his putter is "sick". His golf bag is red, white and blue with his name embroidered....sweet. Last week he played with Jim Thorpe - a 3 time PGA Tourney champion in the 80's. Very exciting for him. I think he is looking forward to retiring shortly and going back to school full time - which the Army will pay for.
He is scheduled to come back from Denver on the 10th of November - On November 11th he is scheduled to appear at the Alamo and be presented with his new Segway Personal Transporter!!!! This is going to give him so much freedom - providing he doesn't crash into any large (or small)buildings.....Heads up Danny!
MOST OF ALL DANNY - HAPPY BIRTHDAY November 8. We are all so thankful to have you here to celebrate another birthday !!!!
LOVE YOU SO MUCH - Aunt Vikki

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2009, 10:29 PM
For those of you who have not read Danny's story - he loves the Broncos, and the following thread tells all about Danny:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33842

His journal was updated today, and I posted the update in the above thread, but wanted to post the following from today's update:

"Now for the good news: Firstly, he will be in DENVER on Monday night, November 9, for the big game. He will be there for the pre-game and also for the COIN TOSS !!! The NFL is doing this for Veteran's Day and all the games this weekend will be catering to this. I just hope he's on TV for all to see. Please - even if you don't like the Broncos (WHAT?), please tune in to see him."

Thank you Danny for your service, and Congratulations that you will be attending the Broncos' Game on Monday :salute::salute::salute:

P.S. In the update today, Danny's birthday is November 8th - WHAT A GREAT BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR HIM

Iron Horse72
11-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Don't know him but thanks for the service and happy birthday, go Broncos! :defense:

KCL
11-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Great story Carol...thanks for sharing! And a big thank you to Danny :usa2:

jhildebrand
11-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Thank you Danny. Your sacrifice and courage is what allows us the freedom to enjoy the forums like this one.

I hope you receive several mile high salutes on monday night. Maybe 10 or 11 :D

Superchop 7
11-05-2009, 03:01 AM
The job I do is hard indeed
To protect our country in it's time of need
I travel near and sometimes far
To do my job thats hard
All I can think about is calling home
And let them know that things are well
But deep down inside it's just pure hell
During the hardest time of all
All I want to do is call
The phone calls are short
And the lines are long
And you wonder when it's my time to go home
Time has past and I am on my way
But things are bad beacuse of that day
I lost some teammates in a very bad way
And wonder will things get any better
Soon, soon I pray.

Superchop 7
11-05-2009, 03:06 AM
It is my hope that 53 Bronco players line up after the coin toss, form a line, and shake his hand. (Plus John Elway)

If the networks don't like it.

I could care less.

"I'm worried about some guy in the back going thirty seconds? You got a lot, hey va fa napoli, buddy. You got a lot." ----Jimmy Valvano

broncophan
11-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Thank You Danny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Enjoy the game...........and GO BRONCOS!!!

yardog
11-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Thank you Danny. :salute: Enjoy the game.

broncofaninfla
11-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Fantastic story!!! God speed Danny and Go Broncos!!!!

pnbronco
11-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks Carol, I'm so glad he get to be a part of the coin toss.

Thank you Danny for everything....:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Hello All: 'Tis the season and it has me thinking of all that we have to be thankful for this Christmas. I come home from work every evening and am so happy and thankful to be here....and am so thankful I have Danny on my mind and that he is still here with us. It could have been so different. That became very apparent this week when I received an e-mail from the company that repairs tanks damaged in war. What a hard job to have. The hardest thing for us to imagine was to hear that the tank Danny was in was so badly damaged, it could not be repaired. And yet, my nephew surived. What a gift! Danny - we could not be any more grateful than to be able to pick up the phone to call you and have your voice at the other end. You are my heart.
I want to also take this opportunity to thank those that have continued to follow Danny's journey - Phil Z., Aunt Lynn, Cathy K, Jonathon, Joe B, Leo (thanks for your tailgater Leo!) and all of you who have lent your time and prayers to this family. You are all appreciated and loved.
Danny was able to go to the Bronco's game and had a great time. He was on the field for the coin toss and stayed on the field long enough to see the kickoff. He was given the football that they practiced with and met a few Bronco's. I know ESPN chose not to air the Veterans, but the most important thing is that Danny enjoyed his time there - Leo - you were a big part of that, so THANK YOU !
Tom and I went to visit Danny in September and I will attempt to put some pictures here. We were very taken aback by Danny's strength and conviction with how he is accepting this new role in his life. It reminds me of his Grandfather. Even though they both ended up in their lives without the benefit of legs, they both reacted in much the same way (at least from my viewpoint). So strong, so determined. Danny, Amie and Allison - your lives have dramatially changed. But you all seem to be hanging on and hanging in! We love you all more than you know.
Merry Christmas to you all!
Aunt Vikki