PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Adjustments

iLands
01-09-2012, 09:22 AM
We all know the Pats are amazing at adjustments.

Here's my take and I might just be dumb, but here me out.

This game, I saw more action from our TEs than in quite a while and they were making the catches.

Tebow showed the long ball is a threat and the Patriots will adjust accordingly.

Do you think this gives us a great chance to burn them with the short to medium ball with our TEs and other receiving sets?

CrazyHorse
01-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I'd like to see our running game have the same success as last time and not have the turnovers in our own territory as last time. The best way to beat Brady is to play keep away. Long, sustained, drives that end in touchdowns are our best friend. We cannot get caught in a shoot out as we will not win.

BigSarge87
01-09-2012, 09:57 AM
The best way to beat, the ONLY way to beat Brady is to put him on his little bitch ass repeatedly. If we play conservative defense like we did last time we're going to get toasted again.

Northman
01-09-2012, 10:01 AM
I agree with Crazy, we should still try to run on them. The worst thing we could possibly do is try and get in a shootout with them. Secondly, we just cant turn the ball over. It almost cost us yesterday with the McGahee fumble. Just cant do that 9 times out of 10 and expect to win consistently. And then thirdly, we just have to play better defense. Both in pressuring Brady and covering their TE's. We cant let Hern and Gronk do what they did a few weeks ago. We got to be methodical, control the clock, keep the game close, and get Brady out of sync with his offense.

Dean
01-09-2012, 11:02 AM
After seeing yesterday's game, I don't think the Patriots will be running zero cover (man with no help over the top). We also showed improvement on getting off bump coverage. This would mean that at least one and probably two DB will have deep responsibility with either man or zone (Tampa two) underneath. Either defense will be playing more loose than during the first meeting and it should help our running game. If they play zone then crossing routes and screens might well be open. If its man, crossing "pick" routes should give us a short passing game.

CrazyHorse
01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I agree with Crazy, we should still try to run on them. The worst thing we could possibly do is try and get in a shootout with them. Secondly, we just cant turn the ball over. It almost cost us yesterday with the McGahee fumble. Just cant do that 9 times out of 10 and expect to win consistently. And then thirdly, we just have to play better defense. Both in pressuring Brady and covering their TE's. We cant let Hern and Gronk do what they did a few weeks ago. We got to be methodical, control the clock, keep the game close, and get Brady out of sync with his offense.

Lets hope McDaniels calls the game since he doesn't believe in the tight end position.

WTE
01-09-2012, 11:25 AM
After seeing yesterday's game, I don't think the Patriots will be running zero cover (man with no help over the top). We also showed improvement on getting off bump coverage. This would mean that at least one and probably two DB will have deep responsibility with either man or zone (Tampa two) underneath. Either defense will be playing more loose than during the first meeting and it should help our running game. If they play zone then crossing routes and screens might well be open. If its man, crossing "pick" routes should give us a short passing game.

That's what I'm thinking, a lot more man than zone. Although NE does not play man well but Tebow definitely seems more hesitant throwing against man coverage.

SOCALORADO.
01-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I'd like to see our running game have the same success as last time and not have the turnovers in our own territory as last time. The best way to beat Brady is to play keep away. Long, sustained, drives that end in touchdowns are our best friend. We cannot get caught in a shoot out as we will not win.

Yes, and when Brady does get on the field.....kill him.

Nick
01-09-2012, 11:42 AM
It is very simple how t his team can win or lose the game. We are going to be given minimal opportunities to get a turnover. We need to take advantage of those when they come up.

The turnover battle is the key thing in this game.

If we get on top we need to stay aggressive and not allow the pats to get back into the game.

BroncoJoe
01-09-2012, 11:50 AM
All I know is I want to see a couple more replay's of Dooms massive hit on Brady.

And a couple from Von too.

rcsodak
01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
I expect NE to start out in no huddle, to try to get a lead.

And their cb's are better than pitt's, imo.

No to's and it could be a game.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

NightTerror218
01-09-2012, 01:12 PM
i hope we have better success without Cosby now to fumble multi times inside our 10.

underrated29
01-09-2012, 01:32 PM
i THINK the pats will see how tebow tore teams apart (in all his games he did) when he had a lot of time. I would expect the pats to always load the box and bring pressure on blitzes or delayed blitzes to get tebow off his zone.
Look for heavy pressure from NE with close zone behind it.

I think we can counter that with some screens, a wheel route and a delayed draw/handoff or a shovel pas. Let them bring the heat on tim. Mcgahee fakes the block and then a quick shovel to him. Once we soften up their blitz and make them back off, we then go back to pound it when there are 8 or less in the box and air it out over the top when there are 9 or more.

PatriotsGuy
01-09-2012, 01:33 PM

Really?

NightTerror218
01-09-2012, 01:35 PM
I expect NE to start out in no huddle, to try to get a lead.

No to's and it could be a game.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

What are you on? The good ol stuff it seems like. The worst in the league is now better then #1? Why because we beat #1?

Superchop 7
01-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I am more concerned defensively. The teams that have had success use bump coverage to disrupt the timing of the routes. We did not play bump last time. I expect NE to use max protect again which begs for safety blitz. I would also stunt the line to create gaps for LB.

NightTerror218
01-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I like seeing Miller getting back on bandwagon and Ayers stepping up. With Doomer/Miller/Ayers all playing well we should get some pressure on Brady.

Thnikkaman
01-09-2012, 04:05 PM
All I know is I want to see a couple more replay's of Dooms massive hit on Brady.

And a couple from Von too.

I'll just post more then. :D