PDA

View Full Version : Who do u think we should take in the Draft, Free Agency, and wat do u think should b our starting Offense And Defense??

CPS22
02-25-2009, 10:38 PM
I Think That Our Top Five Pics (Mine Keep Changing) But I Want Us To Go With
1 B.J. Raji DT, If He's Not There Ron Brace
2 Patrick Chung SS
3 Shonn Greene RB, If He's Not There Javon Ringer
4 Worrell Williams ILB
5 Larry English DE

Now In The Free Agency, I Think That We Should Go Out And Try And Get Bart Scott To Fix Up Our LB Problem. Then I Heard That McDainels Was Wanting To Move Eddie Royal To The Slot Position, And If That Happens Were Goin To Need To Find A Big, Deep Threat, Outside Receiver To Play Along Side Brandon Marshall, So I Think That We Should Make A Move On Trying To Get Tj Houshmanzandah To Fill Our Receiver Spot. Also I Think That We Should Go Out And Get Bryant McFadden, Cornerback From The Steelers To Play Opposite Of Champ Bailey. Last I Think We Should Go And Think About Trying To Sign Brain Dawkins. After Al Wilson And Now John Lynch Left, Those Two Were Our Heart And Soul Of This Defense, And I Think We Could Get Some Of That Back With Dawkins. Also Take A Look At The Recently Released Lawyer Milloy At SS.

And Last For Our Starting Offense & Defense

FS,Brain Dawkins(Josh Barrett)
SS Patrick Chung(Lawyer Milloy)

OLB,Wesley Woodyard(Worrell Williams)
ILB,Dj Williams(Spenser Larson)
ILB,Bart Scott(Spenser Larson)
OLB,Boss Bailey(Worrell Williams)

RDE,Elvis Dumervil(Jarvis Moss)
DT,B.J. Raji or Ron Brace(Marcus Thomas)
LDE,Larry English(Jarvis Moss)

LCB,Champ Bailey(Josh Bell)
RCB,Bryant McFadden(Jack Williams)

WR,Brandon Marshall TE,Daniel Graham(Tony Schefler)(Jeb Putzier)
Tj Houshmanzadah
Eddie Royal
Brandon Stokley

LT,Ryan Clady
LG,Ben Hamilton
C,Casey Wiegman
RG,Chris Kuper
RT,Ryan Harris
QB,Jay Cutler
FB,Peyton Hillis
RB,Ryan Torain
Shonn Greene or Javon Ringer
Peyton Hillis (3rd Down & Short Situations)

What Is Your Take On All This??

MOtorboat
02-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Didn't you start this thread last night?

MOtorboat
02-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Grammar is actually an important life skill. Yes it is.

CPS22
02-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Ya I Did One Last Nite But This One Is More Thought Out. And Don't Worry About My Grammar Bud, Let Me Write How I Want To Write. Jus Worry Bout Yourself.

slim
02-25-2009, 10:55 PM
:shocked:

MOtorboat
02-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Ya I Did One Last Nite But This One Is More Thought Out. And Don't Worry About My Grammar Bud, Let Me Write How I Want To Write. Jus Worry Bout Yourself.

I'm sorry, I'm not really sure what this said. Try to type better.

rationalfan
02-25-2009, 11:03 PM
OK, I've been visiting this place for months without any intent to post. But I can't take it any more. Come on, people. These free agency and draft threads are becoming mental masturbation for wannabe GMs. Case in point, the entry that starts this post. Do you really think the Broncos would go after all those people in free agency? Two aging safeties (one, Milloy, a locker room cancer)? A wide receiver (TJ) who will cost more than Brandon Marshall? A corner (McFadden) who will demand a large signing bonus? Draft picks that reflect a poster's fantasies rather than who the Broncos actually need?

Of course, I respect all your opinions (mostly). But there has to be common sense exercised in these discussions. Think about it, would your ideal free agency and draft picks help the team or your ego more?

And while I"m ranting, what's with everyone on this board's love affair with hard hitters? Sure Spencer Larsen can hit. But the guy can't cover a fullback on a passing route. Yes, Hillis is punishing. But he's NOT AN EVERY DOWN BACK. Seriously, I think some of you would take a 4-12 season if it guaranteed that Hillis and Larsen would have two big hits every game.

Suddenly, I really miss BroncosFreak.

topscribe
02-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Well, first of all, props for the effort you put in here.

Regarding your 1st rounder, Raji is feasible, but Brace is nobody's 1st round
draft choice, far as I know. In fact, I lost some interest after he showed a
seeming lack of explosiveness at the Combine.

Regarding Royal, I saw most if not all McD's pressers, and he said nothing
about moving Eddie to the slot,that I heard, anyway. I don't think McD yet
knows what he is going to do for sure until he sees the players on the field.

McFadden might be a target for the Broncos. Dawkins might be pretty
expensive.

I don't think Boss and Woodyard would make good OLBs in the 3-4. Boss may
be good inside, if he can get and stay healthy. I still think moving Woodyard
to safety might be a good move. But Moss has already been informed that he
is going to be an OLB this year, and Dumervil can probably count on that, too,
if they go 3-4 for sure. So, if they're still on the team, that's where they
probably will be.

Most sources I've heard from don't like Thomas at NT much, but think he may
be a good DE in the 3-4 because of his quickness and footwork. Powell is
known for his footwork, too, BTW. I think they also have an eye on Peterson
for DE, perhaps hoping he will work out there.

I believe you will see much the same lineup among receivers, mainly because
they are going after defensive studs and may not even have the resources to
get a stud receiver. They may even re-sign DJax after testing his market
value . . . who knows? And, of course, Chad Jackson is waiting in the wings,
probably eager to show what he can do, now that he is healthy.

I'm not sure Torain will be ready to play football. After all, he blew out his ACL,
and few have come back from that type of injury . . . TD couldn't. So I'm not
sure the Broncos can count on him. They may want to sign an older RB for a
couple years to buy some time: maybe Ward, after he finds no one is going to
throw the bank at him. We'll see . . .

I look more for Peyton Hillis fulfilling a kind of Kevin Faulk role for the Broncos.
That is what the Patriots like, and you know where McDaniels hales from.

Anyway, there's my take, as you requested. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

slim
02-25-2009, 11:05 PM
OK, I've been visiting this place for months without any intent to post. But I can't take it any more. Come on, people. These free agency and draft threads are becoming mental masturbation for wannabe GMs. Case in point, the entry that starts this post. Do you really think the Broncos would go after all those people in free agency? Two aging safeties (one, Milloy, a locker room cancer)? A wide receiver (TJ) who will cost more than Brandon Marshall? A corner (McFadden) who will demand a large signing bonus? Draft picks that reflect a poster's fantasies rather than who the Broncos actually need?

Of course, I respect all your opinions (mostly). But there has to be common sense exercised in these discussions. Think about it, would your ideal free agency and draft picks help the team or your ego more?

And while I"m ranting, what's with everyone on this board's love affair with hard hitters? Sure Spencer Larsen can hit. But the guy can't cover a fullback on a passing route. Yes, Hillis is punishing. But he's NOT AN EVERY DOWN BACK. Seriously, I think some of you would take a 4-12 season if it guaranteed that Hillis and Larsen would have two big hits every game.

http://broncosfreaks.com/

CPS22
02-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Wow i put this thread up to talk football I didn't know there were ****** on this website who cared about other peoples grammar

topscribe
02-25-2009, 11:07 PM

Then go there. Nobody's stopping you.

People want to have fun speculating. There are some good ideas, and some
crazy ones. But they are ideas, and I am not going to be one to stifle their
expression on this board. After all, that is what a message board is. :coffee:

-----

topscribe
02-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Wow i put this thread up to talk football I didn't know there were ****** on this website who cared about other peoples grammar

Don't worry about comments on your grammar or spelling. This isn't English class.

Just have fun posting, and ignore the ones who want to stroke their own ego. :beer:

-----

rationalfan
02-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Then go there. Nobody's stopping you.

People want to have fun speculating. There are some good ideas, and some
crazy ones. But they are ideas, and I am not going to be one to stifle their
expression on this board. After all, that is what a message board is. :coffee:

-----

Ugh. That's exactly the response that keeps me out of these frickin' boards. It's an open marketplace of ideas until somebody who isn't "one of the gang" tries to be critical (rather than snarky, mean or plain ignorant).

i'm just trying to reinforce the idea of reality. While I like this site as a repository of Broncos news, at times it's becoming ridiculous to the point of this:

hey guys here's my free agency wishlist:
Albert Haynesworth
Brian Dawkins
Jim Brown
John Elway
Michael Jordan
Batman
Obama

And I think the team will draft Tiger Woods in the first round and trade up to get Joe Montana's kid in the early second.

whatyouthink?

I think there are some potentially great fiction writers around here.

I

Superchop 7
02-25-2009, 11:22 PM
and a big gigantic sumo wrestler for NT.

topscribe
02-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Ugh. That's exactly the response that keeps me out of these frickin' boards. It's an open marketplace of ideas until somebody who isn't "one of the gang" tries to be critical (rather than snarky, mean or plain ignorant).

i'm just trying to reinforce the idea of reality. While I like this site as a repository of Broncos news, at times it's becoming ridiculous to the point of this:

Albert Haynesworth
Brian Dawkins
Jim Brown
John Elway
Michael Jordan
Batman
Obama

And I think the team will draft Tiger Woods in the first round and trade up to get Joe Montana's kid in the early second.

whatyouthink?

I

And you did it again. If you want to post your own ideas, or if you want to
disagree, then do it. It's welcome. But you can do it without launching into
insults against other posters. This board was built on the concept of respect
for your fellow poster. Anyone who finds that impossible is invited to move on.

-----

JKcatch724
02-25-2009, 11:24 PM

Albert Haynesworth
Brian Dawkins
Jim Brown
John Elway
Michael Jordan
Batman
Obama

whatyouthink?

I

Dude, don't come in here on your high horse and start ranting about other people's idiocy. If you don't like it, don't come here. Simple as that. Why would you come in here in the first place if "Thats what keeps you out of these frickin boards?" At least make yourself known around here if you're going to make comments like that. Go ahead and get a real GM job if you're going to spout off about that crap.

And there are some great fiction writers around here. He goes by the name G. :cool:

topscribe
02-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Dude, don't come in here on your high horse and start ranting about other people's idiocy. If you don't like it, don't come here. Simple as that. Why would you come in here in the first place if "Thats what keeps you out of these frickin boards?" At least make yourself known around here if you're going to make comments like that. Go ahead and get a real GM job if you're going to spout off about that crap.

And there are some great fiction writers around here. He goes by the name G. :cool:

G doesn't write fiction. He just writes a lot. Like, really. :D

-----

JKcatch724
02-25-2009, 11:32 PM
G doesn't write fiction. He just writes a lot. Like, really. :D

-----

You haven't read his novel he posted?

shank
02-25-2009, 11:37 PM
being a great fiction writer doesn't affect G's status as one of the best football posters on the interweb either.

topscribe
02-25-2009, 11:45 PM
You haven't read his novel he posted?

I meant here. :D

-----

JKcatch724
02-25-2009, 11:48 PM
I meant here. :D

-----

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14637

For some reason I couldn't reply to the PM, but there it is :salute:

rationalfan
02-25-2009, 11:51 PM

Again, the "you're not one of us so you can't rip on us" mindtrap. i hope you realize that if you (we) all followed that code nobody on this board would criticize the broncos' coaches, executives or players. because, in case you've forgotten, nobody on this board is employed by Pat Bowlen as part of the Broncos organization. you don't make yourself known around his offices, yet you feel it's OK to rip on his organization. why is this place any different?

now, as part of board policy, i expect my fandom to be questioned, i'll be labeled a raider loyalist and someone will suggest i be banned from this forum for doing exactly what most of the users are doing - making comments about other people.

shank
02-25-2009, 11:55 PM
like a snowball rolling down a slippery-slope

JKcatch724
02-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Again, the "you're not one of us so you can't rip on us" mindtrap. i hope you realize that if you (we) all followed that code nobody on this board would criticize the broncos' coaches, executives or players. because, in case you've forgotten, nobody on this board is employed by Pat Bowlen as part of the Broncos organization. you don't make yourself known around his offices, yet you feel it's OK to rip on his organization. why is this place any different?

now, as part of board policy, i expect my fandom to be questioned, i'll be labeled a raider loyalist and someone will suggest i be banned from this forum for doing exactly what most of the users are doing - making comments about other people.

Wrong. We rip on each other's ideas respectfully and provide our own commentary on the subject, not try to belittle them by acting like were the poster sent from the heavens.

As for being "labeled", i don't think anybody will Label you a raider fan, only a pompous douche.

Superchop 7
02-26-2009, 12:09 AM
At any point you feel irritated, just call me an idiot.

Everyone else does.

And it doesn't bug me a bit.

and....most everybody knows it.

But yeah.....I'll push a few buttons for ships and grinds.

I tend to find out passions that way.

So.....stand up for your thoughts....challenge others for theirs.

Be respected for your opinion.

Let your mom "like" you.........thats "her" job.

Superchop 7
02-26-2009, 12:18 AM
That being said.

My free agent would be Haynesworth.

My first rd pick I would move up and get Curry.

My next pick would be Delmas.

At this point the rest of my picks would be gone.

But, it would be fine by me.

These 3 guys would make every other player on defense "that" much better.

We would immediately be scary good.

And everyone would know it.

I don't believe in 2nd tier free agents.

I believe in the best.

But, if I were a GM......

It would be a very different story.

GEM
02-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Can we please get away from attacking each other's football egos and attacking each others idiocy....and get back to the topic of the thread. If you don't want to add to the conversation topic of the thread, don't post in it.

Just a friendly reminder to the thread starter...

Not everyone is going to agree with you, some will even disagree with you. Stay away from attacking anything but the post and you should do well here. If that isn't something you can handle, this is probably not the place for you.

Thanks.

JKcatch724
02-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Can we please get away from attacking each other's football egos and attacking each others idiocy....and get back to the topic of the thread. If you don't want to add to the conversation topic of the thread, don't post in it.

Not everyone is going to agree with you, some will even disagree with you. Stay away from attacking anything but the post and you should do well here. If that isn't something you can handle, this is probably not the place for you.

Thanks.

Mods are always so much better at explaining this stuff...

DenBronx
02-26-2009, 02:00 AM
i think this is the longest thread title ive ever seen. :shocked:

WhatEver!!!
02-26-2009, 11:25 AM
I believe we will drop down like someone on another thread stated; Detroit's #20 and 33 for our # 12 and 79

With that in mind
@20 -- James Laurinaitis LB
@33 --Darrius Heyward-Bey WR 6-2 206
@48 -- Terrance Taylor NT 6-0 308
from there we need another CB to play opposite of the FA player we get. Move Bailey to FS because of age / his leg issues AND he can read QBs like no other player. Let him read the plays and make plays like he has been doing the past few years anyway. No one threw to him so he had to play like a FS on his side of the field. As a corner you will need to rotate and backpeddle allot, as a FS you will only need to move forward(hopefully) which hopefully will help Bailey stay health.

After #48 take the best Safety/ DL / DE / or LB available

FA -- we will pickup Ward but not a blockbuster deal -- something like 18mil over the next 3 years; 5mil, 6, 7 mil but the deal will include allot of incentives.

We will steal one of the DL or LB from the Raven

We will get a WTF :confused: QB as a backup -- Grossman or someone as bad as that

CoachChaz
02-26-2009, 02:01 PM

Thanks.

Scab

turftoad
02-26-2009, 02:06 PM
I believe we will drop down like someone on another thread stated; Detroit's #20 and 33 for our # 12 and 79

With that in mind
@20 -- James Laurinaitis LB
@33 --Darrius Heyward-Bey WR 6-2 206
@48 -- Terrance Taylor NT 6-0 308
from there we need another CB to play opposite of the FA player we get. Move Bailey to FS because of age / his leg issues AND he can read QBs like no other player. Let him read the plays and make plays like he has been doing the past few years anyway. No one threw to him so he had to play like a FS on his side of the field. As a corner you will need to rotate and backpeddle allot, as a FS you will only need to move forward(hopefully) which hopefully will help Bailey stay health.

After #48 take the best Safety/ DL / DE / or LB available

FA -- we will pickup Ward but not a blockbuster deal -- something like 18mil over the next 3 years; 5mil, 6, 7 mil but the deal will include allot of incentives.

We will steal one of the DL or LB from the Raven

We will get a WTF :confused: QB as a backup -- Grossman or someone as bad as that

Yeah, whatever. :coffee:

:D

GEM
02-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Scab

:fight: Let's get it on, playa!

:lol:

LRtagger
02-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Larry English in the 5th? :laugh:

WhatEver!!!
02-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah, whatever. :coffee:

:D

YOU TALKING TO ME...:shocked:

horsepig
02-26-2009, 10:15 PM

Albert Haynesworth
Brian Dawkins
Jim Brown
John Elway
Michael Jordan
Batman
Obama

whatyouthink?

I
I don't mind sarcasm one bit. I also don't feel any need to attack someone's grammar, fer Christ's sake very few people who post on these sites know the diff. between there & their. I hope your refrence to Haynesworth was a joke. Batman I can see.