PDA

View Full Version : Bronco Fans...

Bullgator
01-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Congratulations.

I feel a real sense of pride watching this team. And as some of you are so quick to point out, I'm not even a "real" db fan so I can just imagine how you guys feel.

I can't tell you how happy I am for the Broncos organization and its fans to go from the 2nd worst team in the league to at least the in top 8 franchises in football in under a year.

The team has done a 180 with Tim and John Elway at the helm. But I admit, it's the TEAM that is playing lights out, not just Tim.

The defense, the blocking, the kicking game and even the coaching has been stellar. Amazing what can happen when you get your whole organization to believe. This is one dangerous team and I assure you no one wants to play the broncos right now.

I still have an issue with McCoy going way overboard with his run,run 3rd and 8 pass calls but its actually working out in Denver's favor... Its almost like he was sandbagging until they got in the playoffs.

Anyways. Congrats everyone... even the ones who still refuse to believe.

Go Broncos and bring on the Pats! If your scared say your scared! :salute:

Day1BroncoFan
01-09-2012, 01:45 AM
I'm not scared. Concerned maybe, not scared.

We have a chance...

Dapper Dan
01-09-2012, 01:46 AM

We have a chance...

It's spelled "ain't skeert".

PAINTERDAVE
01-09-2012, 01:55 AM
No matter what.. The season is a success..

On to Boston!

Day1BroncoFan
01-09-2012, 01:56 AM
It's spelled "ain't skeert".

Gotcha skeeter. ;)

Army Bronco
01-09-2012, 02:40 AM
I am new to this forums and yes this is my first post but I have checked this forum for about 2 years now. I've been a Broncos fan since 87 and haven't felt this excited about my Broncos since their last SB!!! This team played outstanding today. I signed up here cause I don't know any other Broncos fans here and am really excited..lol Go Broncos!!!

Day1BroncoFan
01-09-2012, 02:48 AM
I am new to this forums and yes this is my first post but I have checked this forum for about 2 years now. I've been a Broncos fan since 87 and haven't felt this excited about my Broncos since their last SB!!! This team played outstanding today. I signed up here cause I don't know any other Broncos fans here and am really excited..lol Go Broncos!!!

:welcome:

Lots of excitement around here today.

nflfan
01-09-2012, 03:08 AM
To Bullgator ... first off, kudos; you posted a thread months ago about the viability of this option offense working in the NFL, and took some heat for it. At the very least, this win has shown it can be used to beat one of the best teams in the NFL.

Regarding McCoy, though, I disagree with you.

Fox and McCoy stuck to the same gameplan that they mostly won with, and a few times lost with; I just see it as a case of match-ups.

The Steelers decided they were going to play aggressive against the run, and that strategy caused their DBs to cover the WRs one on one. The Broncos WRs were able to win their one on one matchups, and that was a major key for their success. The Steelers defense is an attacking one, and they were able to exploit that for a big pay against Polamalu.

The Chiefs CBs were able to play the Broncos WRs tighter, plus they stayed very disciplined with their safety play, not allowing anything to get past them. They also aggressively took away the sidelines, so they were forcing Tebow to try and make accurate throws into zones, and that made Tebow hesistant.

The Bears front 4 were able to do a good job of containing the run and getting penetration, so that their LBs and DBs could play disciplined ... mostly safe, but with a little aggression ... for most of the game, until they played prevent in the later minutes.

Every offense and defense has strong and weak points, so it's usually a case of match-ups and game planning. Fox and McCoy used the Steelers' aggressive defense against them.

The Patriots defense has been iffy all season. I don't see the Broncos winning a shoot-out with them, but Fox will probably shorten the game with a heavy dose of running, and some deep passes thrown in ... really doing practically the same things, and give the Broncos a shot.

Only problem is, Bellichick has seen this game, and is a master at adjustments.

Joel
01-09-2012, 05:08 AM
BG: Thanks, and welcome back; I almost want to see one of these OT games end in a tie just to see the conversation when both the Gatorade and Haterade drinkers are here at the same time. :tongue: It DID kinda feel like Fox/McCoy sandbagged all season to REALLY sell the first and second down throws in the playoffs. 1st and 10 in OT: 80 yd TD PASS FTW, all because the safety raced up to the line at the snap and never recovered. :salute:

Army Bronco: Glad to see you on the boards; hope you enjoy it here.

iLands
01-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Bullgator:

I've meant to tell you for a while, but I love your sig.

A great day to be a believer. I won five effing bets (not big money, more about the collection and shame if you know what I mean)!

15+ YPA against the #1 Pass D :salute:

Bullgator
01-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Bullgator:

I've meant to tell you for a while, but I love your sig.

A great day to be a believer. I won five effing bets (not big money, more about the collection and shame if you know what I mean)!

15+ YPA against the #1 Pass D :salute:

Thanks mang! I still get people asking me what the hell it means lulz. Yea I won 3 bets and a shot of 151... good stuff.

@Joel I'm telling you man McCoy is a sandbag sandy, And Fox is Foxy McGilicutty... At least I HOPE this is the case.

Thnikkaman
01-09-2012, 09:52 AM

We have a chance...

KX5jNnDMfxA