PDA

View Full Version : Next Week, the pats

Day1BroncoFan
01-09-2012, 12:34 AM
What can the pats do to stop us if Tebow has a game like to day?

Will they try to pressure Tebow more? Will they try to cover the receivers better than the steelers?

What do you think they'll do?

I think they'll try to pressure Tebow more myself.

camdisco24
01-09-2012, 12:39 AM
I think the real question is, can we keep up in an offensive shootout with Tom Brady?

As far as offense goes, we can't be one dimensional. That's how they beat us last time (along with the turnovers...). McGahee has to be on his game and Tebow needs to do more of the same. Turnovers will be the turning point of this game. We cannot gift wrap them points.

We HAVE to let Tebow get into a rhythm throwing, we saw the effects of that today.

Day1BroncoFan
01-09-2012, 12:46 AM
I think the real question is, can we keep up in an offensive shootout with Tom Brady?

As far as offense goes, we can't be one dimensional. That's how they beat us last time (along with the turnovers...). McGahee has to be on his game and Tebow needs to do more of the same. Turnovers will be the turning point of this game. We cannot gift wrap them points.

We HAVE to let Tebow get into a rhythm throwing, we saw the effects of that today.

That's what I'm saying basically. I know our D probably won't be able to stop the pats every time. Can they stop us?

McGahee has to hold onto the ball. He fumbled twice and got lucky once.

tomjonesrocks
01-09-2012, 12:49 AM
On ESPN Sportscenter "Special" the crew couldn't wait to start predicting a Pats rout.

The Broncos will be deep underdogs (again), but they have a chance. Denver was not wildly outclassed in the regular-season matchup. You'd be crazy to actually *predict* a Broncos win, but that Pats D can be had if our D can slow them down at all.

camdisco24
01-09-2012, 12:49 AM
That's what I'm saying basically. I know our D probably won't be able to stop the pats every time. Can they stop us?

McGahee has to hold onto the ball. He fumbled twice and got lucky once.

It's not out of the question with the Pats D. We let them get momentum last game, so we need to come out on fire and throw them off early. That doesn't mean one good opening drive either!

It's going to be tough, but these guys gave me a ton of hope today. The countdown to Sat starts... Now! Its gonna be a long week. :lol:

wayninja
01-09-2012, 12:52 AM
What can the pats do to stop us if Tebow has a game like to day?

Will they try to pressure Tebow more? Will they try to cover the receivers better than the steelers?

What do you think they'll do?

I think they'll try to pressure Tebow more myself.

They could score 40+ points like last time...

Day1BroncoFan
01-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Will it be a rout? Without TO's I think we have a fighting chance.

I don't believe in jinx either. :D

Joel
01-09-2012, 01:15 AM
If Harrison ended Deckers season, they may just double cover Thomas then keep loading the box against Tebow and McGahee. Unless Royal, Willis or Fells step up to make big plays they probably could. On the other hand, we did all our damage to Pitt without Decker; even the pass he caught was (rightly) ruled incomplete because he wasn't able to hold onto the ball all the way to the ground after his knee disintegrated.

The thing is, we can and have run a LOT more effectively against NE than we did against Pitt, and until/unless they show they can stop that this time we should give them a heavy dose of more. We have to be balanced; they finally managed to stop several key rushing drives last time (perhaps the biggest being our first one of the second half, after we made THEM punt, got something going, but petered out close to midfield; even a FG there would've put us back within one score.) I would like to see a very simiilar passing attack to what we used today: Not a lot of passing, but deep throws at unlikely times, whereby a single play put us in range for at least a FG.

After running for 250 yards against them last time, there's good reason to stick with that until they stop it, wholly apart from what we CAN do passing. Running on them till they stop it tires their D, rests ours and keeps Brady off the field, while protecting the ball (theoretically; the Pats had no interceptions last time, but our three fumbles were game breaking, and our lone turnover today was a fumble that nearly cost us everything.) We just shouldn't sell out on the run; we should still "pull the trigger" when we have a nice juicy target wide open.

You raise a good point though: If you're NE, how do you and your weak D prepare for this game? On the one hand, McGahee and even LANCE BALL shredded your run D for 250 yards last time--yet on the other, your secondary sucks and Tebow just shredded the #1 passing D for 50 yard bombs multiple times. Which one do you try to stop? The obvious answer is "both," but can NE do it? It really depends on us; if we play like we did today, New England could be in big trouble, because their D isn't nearly as good as the Steeler D we hung 29 points on (and the only reason it wasn't 30 is because we didn't need the PAT in OT.)

Day1BroncoFan
01-09-2012, 01:20 AM
If Harrison ended Deckers season, they may just double cover Thomas then keep loading the box against Tebow and McGahee. Unless Royal, Willis or Fells step up to make big plays they probably could. On the other hand, we did all our damage to Pitt without Decker; even the pass he caught was (rightly) ruled incomplete because he wasn't able to hold onto the ball all the way to the ground after his knee disintegrated.

The thing is, we can and have run a LOT more effectively against NE than we did against Pitt, and until/unless they show they can stop that this time we should give them a heavy dose of more. We have to be balanced; they finally managed to stop several key rushing drives last time (perhaps the biggest being our first one of the second half, after we made THEM punt, got something going, but petered out close to midfield; even a FG there would've put us back within one score.) I would like to see a very simiilar passing attack to what we used today: Not a lot of passing, but deep throws at unlikely times, whereby a single play put us in range for at least a FG.

After running for 250 yards against them last time, there's good reason to stick with that until they stop it, wholly apart from what we CAN do passing. Running on them till they stop it tires their D, rests ours and keeps Brady off the field, while protecting the ball (theoretically; the Pats had no interceptions last time, but our three fumbles were game breaking, and our lone turnover today was a fumble that nearly cost us everything.) We just shouldn't sell out on the run; we should still "pull the trigger" when we have a nice juicy target wide open.

You raise a good point though: If you're NE, how do you and your weak D prepare for this game? On the one hand, McGahee and even LANCE BALL shredded your run D for 250 yards last time--yet on the other, your secondary sucks and Tebow just shredded the #1 passing D for 50 yard bombs multiple times. Which one do you try to stop? The obvious answer is "both," but can NE do it? It really depends on us; if we play like we did today, New England could be in big trouble, because their D isn't nearly as good as the Steeler D we hung 29 points on (and the only reason it wasn't 30 is because we didn't need the PAT in OT.)

Well said and I agree. Maybe Fells can step up too.

Clipworthy
01-09-2012, 01:39 AM
The game vs. pats is all on the D... and I'm scared

Dapper Dan
01-09-2012, 01:42 AM
I don't know if anyone said this yet. But I feel like if we can hold their offense down to less points than we score and then score more points on their defense than our defense allows them to score...then we have a good chance.

Day1BroncoFan
01-09-2012, 01:46 AM
I don't know if anyone said this yet. But I feel like if we can hold their offense down to less points than we score and then score more points on their defense than our defense allows them to score...then we have a good chance.

:nod:

PAINTERDAVE
01-09-2012, 01:58 AM
Turnovers. We just need to play tough..
go at 'em toe to toe..
and WIN the turnover battle.

ATLbroNCO
01-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Also something interesting to highlight: It is very, very difficult to beat the same team twice in one season. Again and again it is proven in the league that this is true.

Joel
01-09-2012, 05:14 AM
Well said and I agree. Maybe Fells can step up too.
Hope so, I really like him as a receiver, and he played well today. And hopefully that idiot Simms didn't tip our hand to Belichick by saying, "they practice that play to Fells all the time where he peels off deep instead of continuing across the field." C'mon, Phil, I know you really hate Denver since they dumped your bum kid, but Belichick has his own cameras for stuff like that. :rolleyes: