PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training Thread

MOtorboat
02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Yup...it has begun...baseball is playing on my radio speakers.

CoachChaz
02-25-2009, 04:46 PM
I've been listening to XM coverage

MOtorboat
02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
I've been listening to XM coverage

MLB.com account....audio is probably free for Spring Training. I'll be buying the broadband TV thing again this year, I really enjoyed having that last year.

Billy Butler, Miguel Olivo and Mike Jacobs have all homered for the Royals thus far.

claymore
02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Yup...it has begun...baseball is playing on my radio speakers.

Can I talk about getting drunk in here, since you talk about baseball in the drunk thread you SOB.

MOtorboat
02-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Can I talk about getting drunk in here, since you talk about baseball in the drunk thread you SOB.

Go for it. You know baseball games are a fun place to get drunk.

claymore
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Go for it. You know baseball games are a fun place to get drunk.

Ive never been to one. I saw a batting cage once.

MOtorboat
02-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Seriously, I mean seriously...its his COUSIN...I got into some trouble as a young kid with one of my cousins...does that mean I don't talk to the guy again?

Source: A-Rod exits with Sucart after game

DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Back on the field, Alex Rodriguez was able to put aside the steroids scandal.

At least for a little while.

Booed and taunted by opposing fans in the Yankees' spring training opener, Rodriguez homered and drew two walks Wednesday in a 6-1 exhibition victory over Toronto that was anything but routine.

Rodriguez then got into an SUV that, according to the New York Post's Web site, was driven by Yuri Sucart -- the person identified as the cousin who provided Rodriguez with performance-enhancing drugs.

A source confirmed to ESPN.com's Amy K. Nelson that Sucart was the driver.

Flatinum
03-04-2009, 11:45 AM
WBC starts this weekend. First games are here in Toronto.

I'll be at the Canada-US game on Saturday afternoon. Not everyone is there but it will be good ball none the less.

MOtorboat
03-04-2009, 11:57 AM
WBC starts this weekend. First games are here in Toronto.

I'll be at the Canada-US game on Saturday afternoon. Not everyone is there but it will be good ball none the less.

That's cool...I'm hoping the Canadian manager will give Teahen some reps at second base, because the Royals are trying to move him there to get him in to the lineup every day.

Flatinum
03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
That's cool...I'm hoping the Canadian manager will give Teahen some reps at second base, because the Royals are trying to move him there to get him in to the lineup every day.

He's penciled in for the OF.

MOtorboat
03-04-2009, 12:27 PM
He's penciled in for the OF.

Yeah...long story short, he played 2B in college, he came to the Royals as a 3B, and they moved him to the outfield when Gordon came up, and now that they have the outfield DeJesus-Crisp-Guillen, so they are trying to find somewhere for him, and 2B is kind of the opening.

I noticed he played 3B, 2B and RF yesterday in the warm up game.

Flatinum
03-05-2009, 10:00 AM
That's awesome. Have fun! Who are you pulling for?

I love the WBC. I am awake right now watching Japan-China. The Chinese lineup doesn't have a chance against Yu Darvish.

I'm just looking forward to some good baseball. I'll be cheering for Canada but will not be disappointed when the US beats them.

Being a Reds fan it'll be nice to see Joey Votto playing for the home team.

claymore
03-05-2009, 08:03 PM
WORST THREAD Eva.........

MOtorboat
03-05-2009, 10:34 PM
WORST THREAD Eva.........

Fail.