PDA

View Full Version : Oline's Pass Protection and Zero Penalties...

MHCBill
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Lots of congrats to go around today, but for me not having those terrible oline penalties... hand-to-the-face, false start, holding, etc. enabled our offense to stay in mostly manageable down and distances.

Plus, for the most part, the pass protection was great.

Did Woodley and Harrison even get close to sacking Tebow?

BroncoWave
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah our o-line was great today. Nice not to see those killer penalties.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Our O-Line chose a great game to play their best one of the season. They've been excellent all throughout but definitely stepped it up another notch and kicked it into high gear today.

sneakers
01-08-2012, 11:03 PM
It didnt look like they were trying to rush the passer, just keep him contained thinking that he would throw the ball incomplete.

gregbroncs
01-08-2012, 11:20 PM
To be fair the officials did not call holding at all. Not on either team and there were some pretty blatant ones on both teams.

But the O-line played outstanding all the way around today.

dogfish
01-08-2012, 11:28 PM
wow, bill sighting. . .

:beer:

Softskull
01-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Zero hits on Tebow today.

Joel
01-09-2012, 02:02 AM
No sacks OR penalties, facing the #1 D (though I believe Willis had a holding call in the red zone at one point; not sure, my feed was crap by then.) Against the #1 D, that's very impressive, and helps explain the points.

I DON'T think they've played well all year, but ANY offensive line would need a stellar game to outdo their pass protection today. Our running wasn't great but, given who we faced, it wasn't awful either. The pass protection, however, was out of this world, and never mind that Casey Hampton left the game; Chris Hoke's, who's darned good, replaced him, and we were missing Kuper (our best pass blocking guard) from the start.

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier or I'd have responded here then instead of posting another one about the zero sacks. Incredible job by our guys up front today, who contributed as much as anyone to the win. Amazing how that works: A suspiciously large amount of the time, improving the line correlates with huge improvements in running AND passing. ;)

Dapper Dan
01-09-2012, 02:06 AM
This offensive line has gotten better since week 1. I admit, I was ready to find replacements for Beadles and Walton. But this entire line works together great and they work hard. Those guys are pulling and moving and it's just crazy how far they've progressed. Tebow has all day to throw the ball and there are some good running holes.

AlWilsonizKING
01-09-2012, 02:07 AM

Yeah the only grass stains on his jersey were from when he was RUNNING OVER the D of the Steelers lol

PEACE!!!

PAINTERDAVE
01-09-2012, 02:08 AM
Hochstein did a good job in place of the injured Kuper.... ( Ouch)

PAINTERDAVE
01-09-2012, 02:10 AM

And when he got tackled...
you could tell they were trying to slam him hard..
and every time he popped up as if it was nothing... :lol:

bcbronc
01-09-2012, 02:29 AM
imo this game really showed that when Tebow is being decisive with the ball, the OL and WRs are better than they've looked at times.

The OL was giving Tebow all day to throw, but he didn't need it because Tebow got rid of the ball much better today than he had of late. Running game wasn't great, but there weren't too many negative runs and it was looking like the OL was beginning to impose their will in the 4th quarter when McGahee fumbled. Very strong showing for a young and improving OL.