PDA

View Full Version : D-JAX is history as a Bronco

DenBronx
02-25-2009, 01:33 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=DEN

Darrell Jackson - WR Feb. 25 - 10:19 am et

The Broncos will not try to re-sign WR Darrell Jackson before the start of free agency.

D-Jax, still relatively young at 30 years old, failed to take advantage of a plum opportunity in Denver and will not be heavily pursued on the open market. He's now four years removed from his last 16-game, 1,000-yard season.

More news,

The Broncos are believed to be looking for a running back "who can break off a long run in the first half, and protect a lead by moving the sticks in the fourth quarter."

Peyton Hillis is the closest thing to an every-down back on the current roster, but he won't be breaking off many long runs. Even if he plays the Mike Alstott role, the Broncos will need a Warrick Dunn type to pair with him.
Source: Denver Post

TXBRONC
02-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Well at the moment that puts the kibosh on using him as the number two receiver when we're in a three receiver sets.

DenBronx
02-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Well at the moment that puts the kibosh on using him as the number two receiver when we're in a three receiver sets.

we will need a replacement for d-jax. i say draft a wr on the second day. i also want to see if were finally going to get chad jackson involved.

bcbronc
02-25-2009, 01:40 PM
does this mean we're almost out of Jacksons?

DenBronx
02-25-2009, 01:41 PM
does this mean we're almost out of Jacksons?

you didnt like the jackson 5?

LRtagger
02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
The Broncos are believed to be looking for a running back "who can break off a long run in the first half, and protect a lead by moving the sticks in the fourth quarter."

= Rashad Jennings

underrated29
02-25-2009, 02:39 PM
[url]http

Who the F isnt? Seriously, thats what you call an all around complete back. Someone who can break the big one, but also beat up and wear a defense down and pick up the tough yards.....

Thats everyones dream...The only thing i can think of is ward,LJ or Rudi and the last two dont really have that breakaway speed, nor would we be intersted in them.

Buff
02-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Sign D.J. Hackett who was just released by the Panthers!

He's money.

Northman
02-25-2009, 03:11 PM
= Rashad Jennings

or Cedric Peerman. :D

deacon
02-25-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=DENMore news,

Peyton Hillis is the closest thing to an every-down back on the current roster, but he won't be breaking off many long runs. Even if he plays the Mike Alstott role, the Broncos will need a Warrick Dunn type to pair with him.
Source: Denver Post

Who isn't?

CoachChaz
02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
If CJax doesnt work out, it would scare me having a 2nd day pick as our first alternate at the position.

FTR...I think a healthy CJax will be fine.

deacon
02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Who the F isnt? Seriously, thats what you call an all around complete back. Someone who can break the big one, but also beat up and wear a defense down and pick up the tough yards.....

Thats everyones dream...The only thing i can think of is ward,LJ or Rudi and the last two dont really have that breakaway speed, nor would we be intersted in them.

Missed this before I posted. :)

DenBronx
02-25-2009, 04:03 PM
If CJax doesnt work out, it would scare me having a 2nd day pick as our first alternate at the position.

FTR...I think a healthy CJax will be fine.

if crabtree fell to 12 i think we could seriously be in a postion that teams want to trade up to get him. meaning if they want him they will have to give up this year and next years 1st rounder. i wouldnt mind trading back and getting a guy like cushing, not at all.

but johnny knox is an interesting day 2 prospect. he ran a 4.3 something at the combine.

underrated29
02-25-2009, 04:16 PM
if crabtree fell to 12 i think we could seriously be in a postion that teams want to trade up to get him. meaning if they want him they will have to give up this year and next years 1st rounder. i wouldnt mind trading back and getting a guy like cushing, not at all.

but johnny knox is an interesting day 2 prospect. he ran a 4.3 something at the combine.

I NEVER thought about that before.....That would almost be ideal for us, well it would be actually...And with his broken footbone he might just make the slide to 12. Its a long shot but a very entertaining one and highly beneficial to us.

Teams after us that could use a solid WR like him.

Philly, Buf, Jets, NYG, Jax, Car, Az possibly, Tpa, Sfo, Mia, Ten,

Now not all of them would move that far up, but maybe Mia, or Tampa or Jax would consider the move. We would only move a few places back with them.....I like it.

CoachChaz
02-25-2009, 04:23 PM
If Crabtree falls to us...I' want to keep him. If that makes Brandon or Eddie want to leave at some point, then I guess so be it, but Crabtree is going to be something special.

DenBronx
02-25-2009, 04:27 PM
I NEVER thought about that before.....That would almost be ideal for us, well it would be actually...And with his broken footbone he might just make the slide to 12. Its a long shot but a very entertaining one and highly beneficial to us.

Teams after us that could use a solid WR like him.

Philly, Buf, Jets, NYG, Jax, Car, Az possibly, Tpa, Sfo, Mia, Ten,

Now not all of them would move that far up, but maybe Mia, or Tampa or Jax would consider the move. We would only move a few places back with them.....I like it.

also andre smith should fall. he was ranked as the best ot in the draft by several people but by him telling all of the nfl scouts that he wasnt in shape i think it will drop him alot.

crabtree i think would get way more notice. dont forget about the eagles. they cut hank basket and mcnabb wants to see them bring in play makers. id hate to see crabtree fall to san diego ....

DenBronx
02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
If Crabtree falls to us...I' want to keep him. If that makes Brandon or Eddie want to leave at some point, then I guess so be it, but Crabtree is going to be something special.

he's no calvin johnson. he said he was 6'3 and was measured at 6'1 and some say he is closer to running the 40 at a 4.6. i do agree that he will be a starter but i dont see him cracking our starting wr's. we really dont need him either.

topscribe
02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
also andre smith should fall. he was ranked as the best ot in the draft by several people but by him telling all of the nfl scouts that he wasnt in shape i think it will drop him alot.

crabtree i think would get way more notice. dont forget about the eagles. they cut hank basket and mcnabb wants to see them bring in play makers. id hate to see crabtree fall to san diego ....

Yes!! Eagles!! Hotel California!!

*oops* :redface:

Um . . . I think the Philadelphia Eagles have a great shot at Crabtree.

(And I would love for the Broncos to have a shot at Dawkins.)

-----

DenBronx
02-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Yes!! Eagles!! Hotel California!!

*oops* :redface:

Um . . . I think the Philadelphia Eagles have a great shot at Crabtree.

(And I would love for the Broncos to have a shot at Dawkins.)

-----

do you think he will slide all the way to pick 21? i think once crabtree makes it out of the top 10 teams will start searching is ways to move up. hey even if we landed a 3rd or something. move down, pay less money, still get a play maker on defense. we could then possibly go after cook or mccoy in the 2nd. clay matthews could easily fall to pick 44 too.

CoachChaz
02-25-2009, 04:40 PM
he's no calvin johnson. he said he was 6'3 and was measured at 6'1 and some say he is closer to running the 40 at a 4.6. i do agree that he will be a starter but i dont see him cracking our starting wr's. we really dont need him either.

The guy makes up for the lack of blazing speed with the most crisp route running you can imagine. He isn't afraid of anything and catches everything. He'll be a stud.

underrated29
02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
i have to see him play, but i still have a hard time comprehending that this guy will be one of the best WR out there.....

WR- i rate as high first rdrs. Larry fitz,andre J,Moss,Chad J,megatron.

So he has to hang with that class for me to be worthy of #12. i just dont know, but as i said i havent seen him play before.....

All that aside, if we took him i would Mcd and Bowlen for a) drafting him when we need so much more help other places b) firing shanny and hiring a guy who drafts a wr #12.

CoachChaz
02-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Crabtree has all the tools of Fitzgerald.

TXBRONC
02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
do you think he will slide all the way to pick 21? i think once crabtree makes it out of the top 10 teams will start searching is ways to move up. hey even if we landed a 3rd or something. move down, pay less money, still get a play maker on defense. we could then possibly go after cook or mccoy in the 2nd. clay matthews could easily fall to pick 44 too.

I agree should he fall past 10 I think it's very possible the phone will start ringing off the hook.

broncohead
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Yes let's draft a WR with our first pick. Doesn't matter if we can't stop the other offense

underrated29
02-25-2009, 04:53 PM

Thats some tough shoes to fill...

As you know, or maybe not since you werent at BM fitzy has been my Fav WR since i saw him in the draft. I wont doubt your opinion that crabby has all the tools as larry, but what about speed?

Larry is fast as shit. I dont know his 40, but he can outrun most players on the field.....Can the crab do that as well??? I would believe you if you said he could, but the 4.5-4.6 40 is not the best thing for him......I also dont put tons of stock inthe 40 though, which is why i would believe you if you said he is equally as fast.

CoachChaz
02-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes let's draft a WR with our first pick. Doesn't matter if we can't stop the other offense

I understand the logic, but if the next best defensive player isnt worth the #12, I have no problem taking an absolute stud receiver.

CoachChaz
02-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Thats some tough shoes to fill...

As you know, or maybe not since you werent at BM fitzy has been my Fav WR since i saw him in the draft. I wont doubt your opinion that crabby has all the tools as larry, but what about speed?

Larry is fast as shit. I dont know his 40, but he can outrun most players on the field.....Can the crab do that as well??? I would believe you if you said he could, but the 4.5-4.6 40 is not the best thing for him......I also dont put tons of stock inthe 40 though, which is why i would believe you if you said he is equally as fast.

I'll call Larry alot of things, but blazing fast is not one of them.

DenBronx
02-25-2009, 04:58 PM

maybe he has the tools but how long is it going to take him to do what fitz is doing? i doubt he comes in year one and blows it up! he will have to be on the right team with the right quarterback for him to even make a dent in the stat chart. if he goes to chokeland you can forget about him mirroring fitz.

besides, the jets just released coles. we just need to find a solid veteran as the #3. there is a whole slew of them this offseason.

Coles released by Jets
Posted: February 25th, 2009 | Adam Rank | Tags: Jacksonville Jaguars, Laveranues Coles, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets

The Newark Star Ledger is reporting that the Jets have released receiver Laveranues Coles, but both sides are leaving open the possibility of his return.

“We didn’t leave on bad terms,” Coles said. “It’s not out of the question that I could come back.

I look at it as a long-term thing,” he said. “It’s something my agent (Roosevelt Barnes) and I (discussed) for a long time. I trust my agent. He’s been in my corner for a long time. He gave me his opinion. He said he truly believed we could get a long-term deal on the open market and I took his word for it.

“I want to go somewhere where I can finish my career. I don’t want to bounce from team to team. I hope to play another three or four years.”
But if Coles does not return to the Jets, where could the receiver land? One of the most obvious destinations could be Jacksonville, where Coles maintains a residence. The Jaguars could use some receivers after releasing enigmatic Jerry Porter. The Dolphins could be another team interest, pairing up Coles with former quarterback Chad Pennington.

underrated29
02-25-2009, 04:58 PM
i dont know man...

A blazer like chris johnson- no

But superior Game speed- like jerry rice...

Larry always beats his man or man and Saftey. I have never seen him get caught from behind. What about the superbowl. He beat his man (LB i think) but then he turned up and split the Safties, who had alteast 10 yards and the angle on him.

DenBronx
02-25-2009, 05:03 PM
actually i'll be suprised if fits runs any faster than a 4.55. he knows how to position himself and leaps to catch the ball at its highest catchable point. db's have a fit with this guy. i'll put money on it that crabtree cant even jump higher than 40' on the verticle jump.

TXBRONC
02-25-2009, 05:11 PM

Crabtree may fall to us at 12 but I'm not sure that we would take him even if he does.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-25-2009, 05:26 PM
IF Crabtree falls to 12, we take him and laugh while doing it. Not only is he a STUD w/ a great future ahead of him, but we will also be running a pass happy system w/ no long term depth behind BM and Royal. Stokley will be gone in 2010 and then we have zilch. In addition, noone has even mentioned BM's a) injury, b) drops, c) propensity for doing dumb shit and d) impending contract demands. IF Crabtree falls, that means someone else took "his spot". That someone else could be another defender we like sliding up the board past us. I'd rather have Crabtree than a defender who we simply settled for.

That being said...sign Bryant Johnson as well.

dogfish
02-25-2009, 05:40 PM
i'd break my TV if we took a receiver other than crabtree at # 12, but if he's there i can't see how you'd pass on him-- he's that good. . . . but IMO, it's a moot point in any case-- i don't believe for a second that he's going to fall that far. . . if seattle does pass on him for raji, look at all the teams coming up that could use another badass wide receiver. . .

cleveland-- braylon edwards has had one good year, and is the only NFL-caliber WR they have at this point (other than the five games a year stallworthless gives you)-- and he's a pain in the ass. . . winslow has a bum knee, and is an even bigger pain in the ass. . .

cincinnati-- TJ might be gone by the draft, and ocho stinko is a gigantic headache with seriously declining skills. . . they drafted two WRs with high picks last year, but neither of them has a fraction of crabtree's potential. . .

oakland-- they don't have a single competent receiver on their team, no way i see crabtree getting past them. . .

jacksonville-- their wideouts all blow, they'd kill for an actual offensive weapon. . .

san francisco-- they've got a bunch of #3 types, and morgan has some potential. . .

buffalo-- having crabtree as their # 1 would make a weak WR corps legit as evans would go to #2 and parrish could continue to work out of the slot. . .

unless that foot is worse than we've been led to believe, or there are complications between now and april, i see about zero chance that he's on the board at 12. . . .

SmilinAssasSin27
02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I agree w/ all but Buffalo. They would pass. They took the kid from Indiana last year and have Lee Evans and the KR/PR from the U. Their pass rush is terrible and Jabari Greer is likely gone. Unless Eugene Monroe falls :smile:, they will go defense.

Superchop 7
02-25-2009, 08:38 PM
The last coach that was thinking offense......when he should have been thinking defense.....is unemployed.

Just sayin

SmilinAssasSin27
02-25-2009, 08:43 PM
The last coach that was thinking offense......when he should have been thinking defense.....is unemployed.

Just sayin

I dunno...he devoted almost 2 entire drafts to defense. remember the 3 CBs in a row? Then there was Moss, Crowder, Thomas. It wasn't how he drafted. It was WHO he drafted.

DenBronx
02-26-2009, 02:27 AM
i'd break my TV if we took a receiver other than crabtree at # 12, but if he's there i can't see how you'd pass on him-- he's that good. . . . but IMO, it's a moot point in any case-- i don't believe for a second that he's going to fall that far. . . if seattle does pass on him for raji, look at all the teams coming up that could use another badass wide receiver. . .

cleveland-- braylon edwards has had one good year, and is the only NFL-caliber WR they have at this point (other than the five games a year stallworthless gives you)-- and he's a pain in the ass. . . winslow has a bum knee, and is an even bigger pain in the ass. . .

cincinnati-- TJ might be gone by the draft, and ocho stinko is a gigantic headache with seriously declining skills. . . they drafted two WRs with high picks last year, but neither of them has a fraction of crabtree's potential. . .

oakland-- they don't have a single competent receiver on their team, no way i see crabtree getting past them. . .

jacksonville-- their wideouts all blow, they'd kill for an actual offensive weapon. . .

san francisco-- they've got a bunch of #3 types, and morgan has some potential. . .

buffalo-- having crabtree as their # 1 would make a weak WR corps legit as evans would go to #2 and parrish could continue to work out of the slot. . .

unless that foot is worse than we've been led to believe, or there are complications between now and april, i see about zero chance that he's on the board at 12. . . .

yeah, well your ugly.

Lonestar
02-26-2009, 02:33 AM
yeah, well your ugly.

heard his mother dresses him funny also..

DenBronx
02-26-2009, 02:37 AM
heard his mother dresses him funny also..

i bet he drinks himself to sleep.....with that cheap rolling rock stuff.