PDA

View Full Version : Hey There's Something Missing Here!

Npba900
01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Is it me or is there something wrong with just having Tebow at the podium tonight discussing the victory as rather odd?

Why isn't the media interviewing Thomas and the Defense??? I call foul on the media.

Just Saying. Thomas was a Beast Today and made a super play on a short slant and turned it into an 80 yard TD, had a monster stiff arm to make it all possible, had over 200 yds receiving....yet Thomas gets no national exposure nor interview.

Football is a team sport...sure Tebow gets credit but the media should not just spotlight Tebow.

weazel
01-08-2012, 08:47 PM
BTW... Harrison is a ******* scumbag

jhildebrand
01-08-2012, 08:48 PM
You know what is missing? :confused:

Brandon Lloyd!

LOL. AH AHA AHAAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHA H AHAHHA AHHA :lol:

Now McD can't even bring him to NE. :lol:

TXBRONC
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM
You know what is missing? :confused:

Brandon Lloyd!

LOL. AH AHA AHAAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHA H AHAHHA AHHA :lol:

Now McD can't even bring him to NE. :lol:

Addition by substraction.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
The NFL media are such narrative whores always looking for a story. Perhaps going forward Tebow needs to tell the media he won't do anymore interviews unless his teammates or teammate who had a great game and made Tebow look good are also standing by his side to share the limelight.

jhildebrand
01-08-2012, 08:56 PM
The NFL media are such narrative whores always looking for a story. Perhaps going forward Tebow needs to tell the media he won't do anymore interviews unless his teammates or teammate who had a great game and made Tebow look good are also standing by his side to share the limelight.

Yes because in New England they always went to Troy Brown et al. :rolleyes:

In Indy they go straight from Dungy to Mathis and Freeney. :rolleyes:

FFS man. It is a QB's league! :tsk:

hotcarl
01-08-2012, 08:56 PM
They are interviewing Thomas right now at the podium you can see it on 7

He looks like seal

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Yes because in New England they always went to Troy Brown et al. :rolleyes:

In Indy they go straight from Dungy to Mathis and Freeney. :rolleyes:

FFS man. It is a QB's league! :tsk:

:tsk::tsk: Did we not hear the detractors complaining that the WR's need to help Tebow out! Well Thomas did help out Tebow! So much so that it was Thomas's short SLANT that he caught all by himself and turned it into a Sudden Death playoff winning 80 yard run!!!

Just saying! Gotta Share The Spotlight!!! Who is this Thomas Fella!!! The media think he doesn't exist.

jhildebrand
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
:tsk::tsk: Did we not hear the detractors complaining that the WR's need to help Tebow out! Well Thomas did help out Tebow! So much so that it was Thomas's short SLANT that he caught all by himself and turned it into a Sudden Death playoff winning 80 yard run!!!

Just saying! Gotta Share The Spotlight!!! Who is this Thomas Fella!!! The media think he doesn't exist.

He was interviewed by every major station HERE.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Yes its a QB League, but what would have happened had Thomas dropped the ball on the SLANT! The dectractors would have said Tebow needs WR's who can catch the ball.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:07 PM
He was interviewed by every major station HERE.

He wasn't interviewed at the same with Tebow on the NFL Network which is seen nation wide and just not on ch. 7 in Denver. Thomas simple deserved national recognition for catching the winning pass.

I Eat Staples
01-08-2012, 09:07 PM
We just knocked Pittsburgh out and advanced in the playoffs. Be happy, don't look for every little thing to complain about.

A players' time on the podium? Really?

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Good lord. The coaches take two players to the podium. Then the locker room is open for reporters and according to NFL rules players have to at least acknowledge the media.

tomjonesrocks
01-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Meh, all Tebow does when interviewed is defer credit to teammates anyway.

Steady diet of "the guys stepped up", "made me look better than I am", "coaches coached us up", etc.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:11 PM
We just knocked Pittsburgh out and advanced in the playoffs. Be happy, don't look for every little thing to complain about.

That's right, "WE" as team! Just knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs.

Yet why just interview one player rather than another player as well who made the the winning catch and run to ensure the victory.

I Eat Staples
01-08-2012, 09:13 PM

Yet why just interview one player rather than another player as well who made the the winning catch and run to ensure the victory.

Who cares? The QB always gets interviewed, and other posters have said DT was also interviewed. I'm not sure how it affects anyone in any way.

You might as well start a thread complaining that Fox was interviewed but our assistant coaches weren't.

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 09:15 PM

Unbelievable...the coach goes to the podium with two players and the locker room is open for all players. That's the way it works.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Meh, all Tebow does when interviewed is defer credit to teammates anyway.

Steady diet of "the guys stepped up", "made me look better than I am", "coaches coached us up", etc.

Understood. However, in this rare circumstance Tebow should have insisted to the NFL network they intertview himself and Thomas at the same time. Keep in mind the significance here, this just wasn't a regular season game, it was a playoff game and a hugh UPSET as well.

Simple put Thomas had a monster game and won the game too boot!

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Understood. However, in this rare circumstance Tebow should have insisted to the NFL network they intertview himself and Thomas at the same time. Keep in mind the significance here, this just wasn't a regular season game, it was a playoff game and a hugh UPSET as well.

Simple put Thomas had a monster game and won the game too boot!

Do you honestly think that NFLN is the only news outlet in the room?

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Unbelievable...the coach goes to the podium with two players and the locker room is open for all players. That's the way it works.

Meh! Thomas should have been given the podium on the NFL Network!!!!:laugh:

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Do you honestly think that NFLN is the only news outlet in the room?

The National media needs or should have given Thomas some national media LOVE!

This was Thomas's breakout record setting game is my point. Now if the other national NFL media out lets gave Thomas the proper recognition tonight then I stand corrected.

aberdien
01-08-2012, 09:23 PM
What an idiot.

I think anybody being negative or complaining right now should be banned.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Who cares? The QB always gets interviewed, and other posters have said DT was also interviewed. I'm not sure how it affects anyone in any way.

You might as well start a thread complaining that Fox was interviewed but our assistant coaches weren't.

Come on dude! Do you realize the impact on the game had Thomas dropped the pass or fumbled!!!!!!!

There is no fan euphoria and excitement and perhaps Denver doesn't win the game!

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 09:25 PM
The National media needs or should have given Thomas some national media LOVE!

This was Thomas's breakout record setting game is my point. Now if the other national NFL media out lets gave Thomas the proper recognition tonight then I stand corrected.

He went to the same effing podium. Jeebus.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:26 PM
What an idiot.

National credit should given if its due! Thats the fallacy of the NFL media. And by the way it takes nothing away from the Broncos victory! It was Thomas's heroics and play to win the game that has Denver advancing and the fans are very happy as we speak.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
He went to the same effing podium. Jeebus.

Was at the nation level or just the local Denver Bronco level?

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Was at the nation level or just the local Denver Bronco level?

What the hell?

After the game. Every game. The coach goes to the podium in the media room. Every single credentialed media member who wants to take part in that interview goes to the room. After the coach is done, two players go to the podium and answer questions, in front of the same media in the same media room. The locker room is also open to media members who wish to approach other players.

It's not that hard to understand.

rjent
01-08-2012, 09:33 PM
What an idiot.

THANK YOU

HOW CAN YOU FIND ANYTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT RIGHT NOW

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoAV06
01-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Every QB goes to the post game presser. The media does not choose who they get after the game, the Broncos PR staff does that.

By the way the BRONCOS won, enjoy it and stop looking for stupid little things to whine about.

milehireefer
01-08-2012, 09:34 PM
National credit should given if its due! Thats the fallacy of the NFL media. And by the way it takes nothing away from the Broncos victory! It !
as Thomas's heroics and play to win the game that has Denver advancing and the fans are very happy as we speak.

Primttime just gave DT love on NFL Gameday. But the TT hatred maybe too deep to see the love.

Great game DT!!

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
There's something missing alright...

rjent
01-08-2012, 09:35 PM

no kidding
thanks for pointing it out.

this was the best win in years lets just enjoy it....

aberdien
01-08-2012, 09:38 PM
National credit should given if its due! Thats the fallacy of the NFL media. And by the way it takes nothing away from the Broncos victory! It was Thomas's heroics and play to win the game that has Denver advancing and the fans are very happy as we speak.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WrhyZS87Dt0/TunMYtXE4pI/AAAAAAAABq8/41uRrSc2syQ/s1600/shut-up.gif

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
What the hell?

After the game. Every game. The coach goes to the podium in the media room. Every single credentialed media member who wants to take part in that interview goes to the room. After the coach is done, two players go to the podium and answer questions, in front of the same media in the same media room. The locker room is also open to media members who wish to approach other players.

It's not that hard to understand.

Calm down. I'm just stating that on the NFL Network I didn't see Thomas take the podium to explain his heroics and the teams performance. I would have liked to have heard from him is all I was saying. I was channel surfing back and forth between NFLN and ESPN and didn't see him.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 09:40 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WrhyZS87Dt0/TunMYtXE4pI/AAAAAAAABq8/41uRrSc2syQ/s1600/shut-up.gif

Grow up!

aberdien
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Grow up!

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad279/metally_mean/Gifs/meangirls003.gif

Zweems56
01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
BTW... Harrison is a ******* scumbag

Aside from his regular dirty play, did i miss something?

BroncoAV06
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
What is this? Quotes from DT and Broncos players? What?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19700799

Npba900
01-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Thats right! You have just won the lottery!!!:D

horsepig
01-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Is it me or is there something wrong with just having Tebow at the podium tonight discussing the victory as rather odd?

Why isn't the media interviewing Thomas and the Defense??? I call foul on the media.

Just Saying. Thomas was a Beast Today and made a super play on a short slant and turned it into an 80 yard TD, had a monster stiff arm to make it all possible, had over 200 yds receiving....yet Thomas gets no national exposure nor interview.

Football is a team sport...sure Tebow gets credit but the media should not just spotlight Tebow.

Chile's are hot!

horsepig
01-08-2012, 10:17 PM
More wasted hyperzononeto or sumthin time.

Npba900
01-08-2012, 10:21 PM

WHAT! We beat the Steeler's and it was Thomas who caught the winning pass and won the game! You're Kidding Right!!!:laugh:

Joel
01-09-2012, 03:46 AM

It's the flip side of everyone screaming "BENCH THE QB111" when the WHOLE TEAM played like garbage the last three weeks. Not so much against KC; that was mostly Tebow. But EVERYONE played badly against NE (and he played better than most,) and I hear he got chased all over the field against Buffalo, after the NFLs #1 rushing attack only managed a first half TD on a team that gave up 200 yards to Miami. Still, the only guy most folks criticized for any of that was Tebow, because he was the QB, and despite a crescendo of voices demanding he be pulled (or cut,) almost no one suggested any of the other nonperformers receive the same punishment.

It's the nature of the football beast: Win or lose, everyone looks at the QB. How many times has McGahee run for 150 yards and wound up listening to everyone talk about how well Tebow did or didn't throw the ball?

Though, IMHO, the D didn't play all that great; the offense bailed them out, much as in the Vikings game. They did a good job keeping Pitt out of the endzone in the first half, and got a pick that led to a FG, but their only good drive in the second half was the last one (though if you're only gonna have one, that's the one to have.) That's against an offense that's never explosive, missing its starting back and center and with its QB playing on one leg. They still let a back up rusher go up the middle for a 30 yard TD that put them back in the game. We got them to third and long a bunch of times only to let Ben find an open receiver and convert, and that kept them in the game despite our offensive explosion in the second quarter. If their backup center hadn't flung the ball 20 yards behind the line on their last play of the first half, they were almost in range for a FG that would've proved the difference--despite the fact they got the ball back with about a minute left.

Carter played better than he has most of the year, but Goodman got beat a lot. Fortunately, Roethlisberger was off target often enough, and their WRs dropped enough balls when he wasn't, it didn't hurt us badly. Even Champ let an end zone pick that probably ends the game go right through his hands, and on the very next play Pitt got a TD pass deep down the middle. Why? Because our rush didn't get to him for a good 5 or 6 seconds, maybe more, and our DBs didn't protect the center of the endzone.

Our whole offense played well (except McGahee, who had an uncharacteristically bad game with 2 fumbles and just over 3 yards per carry,) but not our D. It's probably best for them if we all look at Tebow.

Joel
01-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Yes its a QB League, but what would have happened had Thomas dropped the ball on the SLANT! The dectractors would have said Tebow needs WR's who can catch the ball.
Yeah, 'cos that's ALL we heard during the three losses. Way I remember it, criticizing poor pass protection, poor route running and/or drops was just drinking the Gatorade and making excuses for Tebow.

Cuts both ways. It's seldom if ever accurate or fair either way, but that's how it is. Our whole offense played far better than it has all year, and since we needed OT to win, I'd say every last player was vital.

Our offensive line surrendered a total of 0 sacks to a legendary sack machine loaded with punishing blitzers--and NEVER got a holding penalty doing it.

Thomas had several stellar catches, including the game winner, and averaged >50 yards a grab--but Fells had some also, and Royal had a great TD going to the ground with a defender right in front of him.

Tebow averaged a yard more than 15 YPA, and 31+ per completion, so he was slinging some very long on target passes, and not only did Thomas catch 4, but other guys caught 6 more.

McGahee, the ONE guy who didn't play like crap at least once this year, actually played badly, averaging barely more than 3 YPA and jeopardizing the win with a late fumble (I think Hochstein jumped on his earlier one.)

So yeah, credit where due, to everyone, for wins AND losses. Tebows 5 YPA rushing was MUCH better than McGahees, accompanied by our only rushing TD and NO fumbles, but since a number of those were designed runs rather than scrambles our line shares a lot of credit for them, too. Yet if Thomas had dropped that pass in OT, we wound up punting and Pitt scored on us, half this board and most of the media would knowingly nod and say, "well, what did you expect; Tebow completed less than half his passes." So the next time we're in that boat, remember this thread. ;)

rcsodak
01-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Yeah, 'cos that's ALL we heard during the three losses. Way I remember it, criticizing poor pass protection, poor route running and/or drops was just drinking the Gatorade and making excuses for Tebow.

Cuts both ways. It's seldom if ever accurate or fair either way, but that's how it is. Our whole offense played far better than it has all year, and since we needed OT to win, I'd say every last player was vital.

Our offensive line surrendered a total of 0 sacks to a legendary sack machine loaded with punishing blitzers--and NEVER got a holding penalty doing it.

Thomas had several stellar catches, including the game winner, and averaged >50 yards a grab--but Fells had some also, and Royal had a great TD going to the ground with a defender right in front of him.

Tebow averaged a yard more than 15 YPA, and 31+ per completion, so he was slinging some very long on target passes, and not only did Thomas catch 4, but other guys caught 6 more.

McGahee, the ONE guy who didn't play like crap at least once this year, actually played badly, averaging barely more than 3 YPA and jeopardizing the win with a late fumble (I think Hochstein jumped on his earlier one.)

So yeah, credit where due, to everyone, for wins AND losses. Tebows 5 YPA rushing was MUCH better than McGahees, accompanied by our only rushing TD and NO fumbles, but since a number of those were designed runs rather than scrambles our line shares a lot of credit for them, too. Yet if Thomas had dropped that pass in OT, we wound up punting and Pitt scored on us, half this board and most of the media would knowingly nod and say, "well, what did you expect; Tebow completed less than half his passes." So the next time we're in that boat, remember this thread. ;)
Well, TT DID complete less than half of his passes.

And again, the _efense gave up td's in the 1nd half from fg's in the 1st.

And again, got gashed in the run game (ala behind miller).

But any win in the playoffs is good. Especially when its vs the stealers. I cant wait to hear the call-ins on Sirius NFL! :D

shank
01-09-2012, 08:24 AM
cough****thisstupidthreadputitintheblackholeandban theopcough

oh, geeze, excuse me. i've been fighting this cold for a while now. i was saying; **** this stupid thread, put it in the black hole, and ban the op.

WIFan
01-09-2012, 08:38 AM

WHAT! We beat the Steeler's and it was Thomas who caught the winning pass and won the game! You're Kidding Right!!!:laugh:
I saw the DT press con conference.

Joel
01-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Well, TT DID complete less than half of his passes.
My point. If Thomas drops that OT pass, we run McGahee 4 yards and Tebow overthrows Thomas the next time, then the Steelers score, we don't hear about 236 passing yards, a rushing and passing TD and NO sacks or turnovers. All we hear is "8/22 passing; cut this scrub NOW!" Meanwhile, the Tebois complain about Thomas' drop.

A drop and an overthrow. That's the difference between "unforgettable" and "unmentionable." A game of inches, indeed, and something to bear in mind.

And again, the _efense gave up td's in the 1nd half from fg's in the 1st.

And again, got gashed in the run game (ala behind miller).
Actually, I tend to agree there; the D played a pretty good first half against a gimpy Ben missing his starting center and tailback, getting a key pick without which we don't reach OT, but played a weak second half. Much as it pains me to say, however, I believe most of Redmans big runs were to the weak side, which means at DJ rather than Miller. In fact, I believe I said something in the game day thread about the offense needing to bail them out for a change like against Minnesota, and until McGahees fumble they were well on the way; instead they did it in OT. The D got some big sacks in the 4th though, and made the critical stop when it counted at the end of regulation, so I can't complain; it was good enough.

But any win in the playoffs is good. Especially when its vs the stealers. I cant wait to hear the call-ins on Sirius NFL! :D
Agreed; I hate Pitt the way only an Oilers and Cowboys fan can. That said, after hearing McDaniels will be on the sideline in Foxborough next week I REALLY want to beat NE in their house now. :mad:

pnbronco
01-11-2012, 02:22 AM
I was at the game but I thought I saw DT being interviewed on the field.

Plus his highlight was everywhere yesterday.....so proud of that kid....:D