View Full Version : McD players

rcsodak
01-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Hmmmmmm...maybe McD CAN draft talent.

DT 200+yds TD

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoTech
01-08-2012, 08:36 PM
The winning touchdown was just as much McCoy as DT. He saw the safety cheating and called the right play for it.

MOtorboat
Really?

Ziggy
Ayers, Beadles, and Hochstein had a very good game also.

I Eat Staples
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Lmao we advance in the playoffs the first year after McD's firing and his nut huggers are still out in full effect. Does Kyle Orton deserve credit for the win too?

Ziggy
01-08-2012, 08:38 PM
I can't stand McDaniels, but he did draft some good players. Now, if he wouldn't have drafted so many bad ones.......

jhildebrand
01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Too bad he can't coach talent.

The flip side, RC, is he can ship talent out (cutler, scheffler, marshall, hillis) and ruin it too (Bradford). :lol:

MileHighCrew
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
on that note, anyone else see Alphonso Smith get tourched yesterday??

BroncoWave
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Wait, I thought he set our franchise back a decade?

MileHighCrew
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM

maybe he tried but Elway can overcome anything

Dreadnought
01-08-2012, 09:49 PM
on that note, anyone else see Alphonso Smith get tourched yesterday??

That was as bad as I've ever seen a CB get roasted, and that includes Roc Alexander.

Northman
01-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Too bad he can't coach talent.

The flip side, RC, is he can ship talent out (cutler, scheffler, marshall, hillis) and ruin it too (Bradford). :lol:

Exactly. Not sure i would be beating his drum.

LordTrychon
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Makes it hard to figure out who to root for next week, doesn't it? :confused:

broncobryce
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
He absolutely deserves credit as does Xanders. Hopefully they can make his new job be short lived this playoff season.

BroncoStud
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM

DT 200+yds TD

One week his players suck, the next they are great... You need to make up your mind. Every week is a rollercoaster of bullshit from RC.

sneakers
01-08-2012, 10:06 PM
lol you guys certainly like posting in trollthreads

BroncoJoe
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
I can't stand McD, BUT he did leave us with some talent.

Does it make up for the talent given away? Too early to tell.

tomjonesrocks
01-08-2012, 10:09 PM
**** that douche.

rcsodak
01-08-2012, 10:14 PM
One week his players suck, the next they are great... You need to make up your mind. Every week is a rollercoaster of bullshit from RC.

Too bad you cant speak the truth.

Ive never said i didnt like DT. It was your buddies though that said he was a bust.

And ive never said i didnt like TT, no matter how much ya'll try to make it look/sound.

Guess you did good when you picked bs as your name.

:lol:

DenBronx
01-08-2012, 10:25 PM
lol you guys certainly like posting in trollthreads

Ok there are seriously some fans here that are like a gnat you just want to swat and make go away.

Is it just me or do they always show up on gameday with every reason that they think the Broncos suck?

Not true fans at all.

MOtorboat
01-08-2012, 11:12 PM
And ive never said i didnt like TT, no matter how much ya'll try to make it look/sound.

Do you know what "imply" means?

jhildebrand
01-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Hey RC,

Before you go tootin McDaniels' horn. How come McDaniels wouldn't play Tebow last season. He wouldnt play him even though he tried to trade Orton and was overruled. He didn't even go to Tebow knowing it would save his job! DT wasnt playing day 1 for McD as a #1 should!

By the way, let's not forget Smurf, Quinn, McBath, and all the others! Even blind squarles get nuts (I'll stop there till this is blackholed as it should be).

NightTerror218
01-09-2012, 12:17 AM
i would figure all his 1st rounders would play well. But it seems like the team is playing better without him, wonder why that is?

I have to say this, McD knows offense and I would think could draft some good players.

NightTerror218
01-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Too bad you cant speak the truth.

Ive never said i didnt like DT. It was your buddies though that said he was a bust.

Guess you did good when you picked bs as your name.

we win huge and you still cant say anything positive about this team. Just look back. Sure you are on the right teams forums?

Dapper Dan
01-09-2012, 02:00 AM
Robert Ayers came through with a big game. He was all over Roethlisberger

BroncoTech
01-09-2012, 02:10 AM
Lmao we advance in the playoffs the first year after McD's firing and his nut huggers are still out in full effect. Does Kyle Orton deserve credit for the win too?

All I know is Tebow gave huge props to McCoy for the play call that won this game.

dogfish
01-09-2012, 02:21 AM

i would hope he left some talent. . . he only had like a dozen picks in the first two rounds in two years!

bcbronc
01-09-2012, 02:34 AM
I'm glad rc has this to take the sting off a disappointing Broncos playoff win.

dogfish
01-09-2012, 03:51 AM

he just can't get excited about the chiefs head coaching search now that the boy genius mcdaniels is off the market. . .

:heh:

rcsodak
01-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Do you know what "imp" means?

rcsodak
01-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Robert Ayers came through with a big game. He was all over Roethlisberger

Exactly right!

rcsodak
01-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Anything for our far north neighbor.

rcsodak
01-09-2012, 07:58 AM
he just can't get excited about the chiefs head coaching search now that the boy genius mcdaniels is off the market. . .

:heh:

Let me know when ya'll come up with something new and that makes sense.

Kthx

TXBRONC
01-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Ayers, Beadles, and Hochstein had a very good game also.

As well as Miller, Dumervil, Clady, and Franklin as well and we can't forget Quinton Carter. :nod:

chazoe60
01-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Yep, some of McD's picks played damn well yesterday. I guess all they needed was a real coach.

TXBRONC
01-09-2012, 08:04 AM

It just goes to show that good coach like Fox and FO guy like Elway can take chicken shit and make chicken salad.

shank
01-09-2012, 08:15 AM

brilliant

BroncoWave
01-09-2012, 08:48 AM
It just goes to show that good coach like Fox and FO guy like Elway can take chicken shit and make chicken salad.

Or it shows how absurdly people overreacted to the impact McD had on the future of the team.

Thnikkaman
01-09-2012, 09:18 AM
RC's not all that bad. He just needs to listen to some Hip-Hop. All the Base would bring his PH back up to 7 and he would be less Caustic.

LordTrychon
01-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Or it shows how absurdly people overreacted to the impact McD had on the future of the team.

Without McD... no way we get Miller.

I'm thankful we have Miller, at least. :beer:

Traveler
01-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Damn! The little man is gone people. Let it go, please!

Mike
01-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Good to know that Raiders fans support McD and pay such close attention to the Broncos.

GEM
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
This is like getting your hand stuck in a meat grinder, then when you get it out and you have no hand left, you stick your head in it for good measure.

Thnikkaman
01-09-2012, 02:40 PM
I said it to Hoes last night.

I rooted for JMcD to do well. I felt like I got kicked in the Nuts when the video tapes of the 49er practice showed up. JMcD is Shit. Fortunately, when you get shit, you can use it to grow something beautiful (yesterday's game).

broncofaninfla
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
The damage Mcd did to this franchise far outweighs the good things he did. Mcd is and will always be the worst thing to ever happen to the Denver Broncos.

sneakers
01-09-2012, 02:52 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pLGGRGQre6k/Tf_Bg8a8FZI/AAAAAAAAAb4/TmAGuEXM6RQ/stanley%252520posting%252520in%252520a%252520troll %252520thread.jpg

MileHighCrew
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
since Josh is back in NE, I expect a lot of the josh love in's this week around here from the select few

rcsodak
01-09-2012, 04:06 PM
RC's not all that bad. He just needs to listen to some Hip-Hop. All the Base would bring his PH back up to 7 and he would be less Caustic.
It might be the toxic fumes that migrate from Iowa....

....not sure yet, but leaning that direction. :D

rcsodak
01-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Its hilarious how many here somehow decide other posters' 'feelings', simply from random opinions.

For instance:
"TT sucks at passing efficiency" = TT hater/Orton homer

"McD's drafts weren't that bad" = McD Homer/wants him back, etc

"Orton wasnt that bad of qb" = chief fan/TT HATER

Oh well.....carry on. :lol:

LordTrychon
01-10-2012, 01:37 PM
If all you said was "McD's drafts weren't that bad".... people wouldn't think what they do about you... but you know that.

Thnikkaman
01-10-2012, 05:28 PM
It might be the toxic fumes that migrate from Iowa....

....not sure yet, but leaning that direction. :D

I'd say something bad about South Dakota, but nobody really cares about South Dakota.

rationalfan
01-10-2012, 06:13 PM
I'd say something bad about South Dakota, but nobody really cares about South Dakota.

says the guy from iowa.

Dzone
01-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Lafonso Smith for the next years #12 overall pick. ******* brilliant

Cugel
01-10-2012, 06:40 PM

DT 200+yds TD

Let's see: Knowshon Moreno and Robert Ayers instead Brian Orakpo and Clay Matthews!

No, I don't think McMoron can draft! :ranger:

And NO! One decent play by Thomas does not mean he's suddenly worth a 1st round pick. Let's see him make those plays all the time and most importantly STAY HEALTHY and STAY ON THE FIELD!

Then we might conclude he's a GOOD player.

Cugel
01-10-2012, 06:49 PM

NO! It is NOT "too early to tell" at all. We can now say with assurance that trading a #1 pick (#13 in the 2010 draft) for a 2nd rounder in 2009 was stupid. Very stupid. Drafting Alphonso Smith with that pick, never using him, and then throwing him away for a used condom prior to the 2010 season only to see him become a starting CB for the Detroit Lions was worse than stupid.

It was flat proof that McMoron simply didn't have a CLUE what he was doing. He was flinging his poo around like a chimp at the zoo. :coffee:

All the moves he made backfired. Even if Tebow becomes the next Elway (I'm not buying that) would NOT make McMoron a "genius" unless you believed that the Broncos needed to draft him in the 1st round when every other team had him as a 2nd or later round pick.

As for Thomas, he's more often in the training room than on the field. One game winning catch does not make a career. And that says nothing about what players were available when he was taken who might have been better.

We certainly know that Moreno was a horrible pick, and that drafting Brian Orakpo and Clay Matthews instead of him and Ayers would have made this defense about twice as good as it now is.

Before you start crowing about Ayers making one good play, think about all the plays Matthews has made over his career.

If Ayers proves he doesn't suck totally and can do his job that's nice. Wake me up when he makes All-Pro and then we'll talk. :ranger:

P.S. This discussion also ignores the fact that McMoron traded Cutler in the first place, dooming the Broncos to two horrible seasons, and then failed utterly to get the most for him in trade (the Lions, Jets and Redskins wanted to have the chance to out-bid the Bears for Cutler, and McMoron refused even to negotiate with them because he wanted Orton).

Still, McMoron did do us one favor. He sucked so horribly that he got fired 1/2 through his 2nd season and spared us the agony of him hanging around and screwing things up for more years.

bcbronc
01-10-2012, 07:02 PM
I know Cugel and rc are on different sides of the coin, but gawd I can't tell them apart. Whine whine whine and cheese please.

Dzone
01-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Im surprised this is the only thread about Mcdaniels. First Orton, now we get mcdaniels.

Medford Bronco
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
I can't stand McDaniels, but he did draft some good players. Now, if he wouldn't have drafted so many bad ones.......

He also traded some good players as well. He is a dumbass still

Rick
01-10-2012, 10:13 PM
MCD's first draft was utterly horrible.

The second draft he found some players.

I personally think, IF DT stays healthy, he will be one of the best. A player with his size and all that speed...we need to get better at putting the ball in his hands.

Decker will be good, I don't consider him a stud though. I think he will be a solid #2.

Jury is still out on Tim but I do believe he deserves a full off season and a chance to keep it next season.

MCD at coaching...and overall roster management was an idiot and I am thrilled he is gone.

If he came in and just tweaked the offense and let Nolan do his damn job, let Xanders and the Goodwins do their damn jobs he might still be a HC.

Medford Bronco
01-10-2012, 10:18 PM

imply [ɪmˈplaɪ]
vb -plies, -plying, -plied (tr; may take a clause as object)
1. to express or indicate by a hint; suggest what are you implying by that remark?
2. (Philosophy / Logic) to suggest or involve as a necessary consequence
3. (Philosophy / Logic) Logic to enable (a conclusion) to be inferred
4. Obsolete to entangle or enfold
[from Old French emplier, from Latin implicāre to involve; see implicate]
Usage: See at infer

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/imply

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 12:04 AM
If all you said was "McD's drafts weren't that bad".... people wouldn't think what they do about you... but you know that.
So youre saying i never said that?

In my op, i didnt even say that much....

...but you already know that.

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 12:04 AM

Youre not very observant.

rcsodak
01-11-2012, 12:06 AM
I know Cugel and rc are on different sides of the coin, but gawd I can't tell them apart. Whine whine whine and cheese please.
Yellow Tail Merlot and Sharp Cheddar.

scott.475
01-11-2012, 12:32 AM
MCD's first draft was utterly horrible.

The second draft he found some players.

I personally think, IF DT stays healthy, he will be one of the best. A player with his size and all that speed...we need to get better at putting the ball in his hands.

Decker will be good, I don't consider him a stud though. I think he will be a solid #2.

Jury is still out on Tim but I do believe he deserves a full off season and a chance to keep it next season.

MCD at coaching...and overall roster management was an idiot and I am thrilled he is gone.

If he came in and just tweaked the offense and let Nolan do his damn job, let Xanders and the Goodwins do their damn jobs he might still be a HC.

Your points about his first draft compared to his second cannot be overstated. His first draft he had FREE REIGN to do as he pleased, the second draft the organization corralled him a lot more, he didn't have near the leeway he had the first year.

RC, you can't come in here and act as if every single, individual post you make is done in a vacuum and without any context based on what your previous statements have been. You want to write say that saying McD can actually draft doesn't mean you are a homer, yet we are supposed to magically forget all those other posts you make singing his praises? Then you want to play the "I never said that" game? That's like training someone the easy way to do a job instead of the right way to do it and saying "Now, I'm not saying that is how you should do it. It is just that most people here do it the easy way...not that I am saying you should.

You clearly think most on here are idiots (I know, I know, you "never said that"), and I really don't know why it causes you so much stress. If you are really that brilliant, we will never be able to understand the complexities of your arguments, so why do you bother anymore? I have a hard time figuring out why you even like the Broncos, really I do. I'm not trying to be the fan police, but you seem to hate everything about this organization (I know, you "never said that" either).

McDaniels was 11-17 for us (and 2-14 with the Rams), in addition to hiring the Spygate I mastermind, covering up Spygate II (and yes, failing to report it, given his prior experience, IS covering it up), blow out losses to division rivals, his QB winning just 12 of 33 starts here...I am beyond confused how any Bronco fan can really think he was any good. Did you pay any attention to his second year here?

Thnikkaman
01-11-2012, 01:19 PM
says the guy from iowa.

A, I live in Iowa, I'm not from Iowa.

But there is this:

qLZZ6JD0g9Y

Thnikkaman
01-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Youre not very observant.

Open my eyes then.

Joel
01-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Honestly? It's really still too soon to tell, since none have been in the League >2 years, but if the starters keep playing like last week I'll eat my crow and admit McDumbass may at least have some eye for talent.

He still paid far too much for it, in areas we didn't need. If I'd told you in the spring of 2009 that the only defensive starter we'd get out of the next two drafts would be ONE DE, wouldn't you have been a little pissed?

So, OK, IF they play at the same level as Sunday, the 2 Gs, 1 WR and 1 QB in that game were good finds, and Decker will be, too, if he comes back playing like two months ago instead of like the drop machine who couldn't get open he's been the last month. Is that worth a Pro Bowl QB, Pro Bowl WR, former Pro Bowl C, starting G/C and starting TE?

Maybe, if a couple guys from the first group make a few Pro Bowls, but it's no better than a wash. It was still an arrogant unnecessary crap shoot in light of the large known quantities we already possessed. Unless all or most of them are Pro Bowlers breaking even is the BEST we can do. Meanwhile, the defence is still crap except for Ayers and guys acquired before or after McDumbass slinked out of town.

It should go without saying who's the BIGGEST determining factor in whether McDumbass gave us a dynasty or disaster: If McDumbass was right, Tebow's a Hall of Famer; if he's a bust, so was McDumbass.

claymore
01-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Even if his picks ended up being pro bowlers, he is still a TERRIBLE coach, and his ego prevents him from forming positive relationships with anyone not named Bill Bellicick.

Dude is, was, and forever will be a cancer. He decreased the talent on this team with his presence. He didnt have to get rid of or add anyone to destroy this team. His presence alone did it.

Josh McDaniels is the Denver Broncos Ebola virus.

TXBRONC
01-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Honestly? It's really still too soon to tell, since none have been in the League >2 years, but if the starters keep playing like last week I'll eat my crow and admit McDumbass may at least have some eye for talent.

He still paid far too much for it, in areas we didn't need. If I'd told you in the spring of 2009 that the only defensive starter we'd get out of the next two drafts would be ONE DE, wouldn't you have been a little pissed?

So, OK, IF they play at the same level as Sunday, the 2 Gs, 1 WR and 1 QB in that game were good finds, and Decker will be, too, if he comes back playing like two months ago instead of like the drop machine who couldn't get open he's been the last month. Is that worth a Pro Bowl QB, Pro Bowl WR, former Pro Bowl C, starting G/C and starting TE?

Maybe, if a couple guys from the first group make a few Pro Bowls, but it's no better than a wash. It was still an arrogant unnecessary crap shoot in light of the large known quantities we already possessed. Unless all or most of them are Pro Bowlers breaking even is the BEST we can do. Meanwhile, the defence is still crap except for Ayers and guys acquired before or after McDumbass slinked out of town.

It should go without saying who's the BIGGEST determining factor in whether McDumbass gave us a dynasty or disaster: If McDumbass was right, Tebow's a Hall of Famer; if he's a bust, so was McDumbass.

Even if his picks ended up being pro bowlers, he is still a TERRIBLE coach, and his ego prevents him from forming positive relationships with anyone not named Bill Bellicick.

Dude is, was, and forever will be a cancer. He decreased the talent on this team with his presence. He didnt have to get rid of or add anyone to destroy this team. His presence alone did it.

Josh McDaniels is the Denver Broncos Ebola virus.

It's a double edged sword. If the players he drafted become successful especially McDaniels credit for it. If they fail he'll take the blame for the same reason. The real kicker is if the remaining draft classes from the McDaniels era succeed he doesn't get any credit for developing.